Project 75I - It Begins

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Re: Project 75I - It Begins

Post by Rakesh »

Right after TKMS (ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems) and MDL (Mazagon Dock Ltd) signed a MoU to jointly bid for the P-75I program, now it is the turn of Navantia of Spain and Larsen & Tubro of India, who have teamed up. I wonder who the South Koreans (DSME) will partner with?

https://twitter.com/livefist/status/167 ... 63360?s=20 ---> BREAKING: India's L&T and @NavantiaOficial announce teaming agreement for Project 75 (India) submarine program. As per the agreement, Navantia would carry out the design of P75(I) submarines based on its S80 Class of submarines.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1678 ... 74336?s=20 ---> India's L&T & Spain's Navantia sign pact to jointly bid for P75i project of India to build submarines.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

^^^^^^^^^
See the irony of this bid (from Navantia of Spain). The S-80 Class submarine, four of which are being built for the Spanish Navy, is the successor (of sorts) to the Scorpene Class submarine. Spain had ordered four Scorpenes, only to later renege on the deal and opted for the S-80 Class instead. Known as the Isaac Peral Class in the Spanish Navy, the first S-80 is presently undergoing sea trials. This is Navantia's first attempt at a home grown submarine and they are so confident of the design, that they are offering it to the Indian Navy!

Countries that operated French and German submarines are now offering updated designs of those submarines to the Indian Navy for their P-75I program. South Korea (DSME-3000) and Spain (S-80) are two examples. The sheer tragedy, due to short sightedness of our decision makers, is causing India to burn money like firewood. After building two HDW 209 boats and six Scorpene boats (plus three more), we still need a foreign hand in helping us to build the next generation diesel electric submarine. When will we ever learn?
drnayar
BRFite

Post by drnayar »

better late than never i suppose !!.. the IN is on record mentioning this would be the last "foreign" procurement of submarines
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

drnayar wrote: 10 Jul 2023 18:44 better late than never i suppose !!.. the IN is on record mentioning this would be the last "foreign" procurement of submarines
I have stopped believing anything the Indian Navy says, when it comes to capital acquisitions.

This is the same navy that said there are no budgetary restrictions for their super carrier IAC-2 (65,000 ton nuclear powered and EMALS equipped), 57 multi-role carrier borne fighters, six P-75I submarines and six Project 75 Alpha submarines.

The navy (and their sister services) talk far bigger than their budgets permit.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Did we get a full tech transfer from HDW fellows on their 209? If we have full tech, why have we not made them here? I know there was some scandal, but the tech was already given us to build, so why did we not? Why can not we start even now 209 tech as a base and advance from there?
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Yagnasri wrote: 10 Jul 2023 21:32 Did we get a full tech transfer from HDW fellows on their 209? If we have full tech, why have we not made them here? I know there was some scandal, but the tech was already given us to build, so why did we not? Why can not we start even now 209 tech as a base and advance from there?
Saar, see this post ---> viewtopic.php?p=2591425#p2591425
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Navantia sign teaming agreement with India’s L&T for P-75(I)
https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/20 ... for-p-75i/
10 July 2023
Larsen & Toubro and Navantia, Spain signed a Teaming Agreement (TA) today for the purpose of submission of a techno-commercial bid for the Indian Navy’s prestigious P75 (India) submarine program.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Navantia have been struggling with their own submarine project since 2012!

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... their-pens

Oops! The Spanish Navy Is Constructing New Submarines That Are Too Big For Their Pens
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

Every time the IN etc make these great announcements the dragons deliver half a dozen new ships or subs… we plan and they execute… wonder what sim games we play !!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Lisa wrote: 11 Jul 2023 00:38 Navantia have been struggling with their own submarine project since 2012!

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... their-pens

Oops! The Spanish Navy Is Constructing New Submarines That Are Too Big For Their Pens
When it is phoren, all exceptions are made. There is nothing like that new phoren smell!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

S_Madhukar wrote: 11 Jul 2023 00:44 Every time the IN etc make these great announcements the dragons deliver half a dozen new ships or subs… we plan and they execute… wonder what sim games we play !!
The sim game we play is called Democracy, something that does not exist in Communist China.

What the Chinese state wants, the Chinese state gets. No one questions the Communist Party of China.

We have nothing of that sort in India.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

This has nothing to do with democracy.

This has nothing to do with budget as well.

This has everything to do with the muddled thinking at the top of the services.

When the service is muddled in its thinking. Babu will play his games.

They come up with requirements so out of the world that no vendor in the world can meet those requirements.

They waste so much time chasing unobtanium. That by the time they return down to earth. Things have changed beyond belief.

Two of the most irritating things about the services are;

1) every service chief says, " we will fight with what we have".

They never say that we will fight with what we can get.

2) it's not that they are incompetent, or they don't understand new and emerging technologies. They are not incompetent.

They are remarkable in appreciation of new capacity. Along with it's acquisition.

It doesn't compute that the same service is unable to appreciate the bread and butter of its existence. By mucking things up to such an extent.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

No heads rolled in 1962 debacle, none for Kargil intel failure, none whatsoever for Galwan incursion intel failure

The services (nor the MoD for that matter) don't prepare for a war because they think there won't be a war. They think the PMO, MEA, Unkil, Aunty etc will step in to stop a full-fledged war. So, they navel-gaze and talk about 8th gen warfare.

When heads roll and entire organizations are canned, then suddenly, they will smell coffee. But alas, for all his amazing work, Modi is a tinkerer, not a demolisher
konaseema
BRFite

Post by konaseema »

There is a story about Krishnadevaraya & Tenali Rama. The queen wanted to replace Tenali Rama with her brother and she insisted that her brother was way smarter than Rama and that the king get Rama replaced. The King was wise enough to not heed to her wishes but instead asked the queen if her brother would be able to prove to him through a competition, that he is better than Rama, then the minister's position is his. The competition was to provide judgement to the King's complaint. The King said that someone entered his bedroom in the palace, climbed on him and kicked him on his chest. He wanted to know what would be the punishment that should be rendered to this culprit. The queen's brother said that the person who did this should have his legs chopped off and when it was Rama's turn he said that, there was no one brave enough in the empire who would have done this and it should have been the little prince who would have been playing on the King's chest. So he said that there should be no punishment for this crime.

The moral of the story is that you don't chop off (demolish) the structures that have been there for a long time but instead make the armed forces to come to the realization (tinkerer :-) ) that they can't have the cake and eat it as well. At the end of the day, the service chief's are those who will lead their rank & file to a war. This will take time in our noisy democracy. What I have learned in the last 2 decades of following Indian armed forces procurements is that, they have a long learning curve and for one IN is far better than its 2 sister organizations. Other than the Submarine program, we can't point our fingers at the IN for not going for Indigenous equipment's or asking for the moon. They will eventually wake up and smell the coffee in the course of time to change their requirements instead of chasing a mirage. I am no way justifying the behavior of our armed forces but trying to find a reason why they do it and how it can be changed.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Prem Kumar wrote: 11 Jul 2023 12:46 No heads rolled in 1962 debacle, none for Kargil intel failure, none whatsoever for Galwan incursion intel failure

The services (nor the MoD for that matter) don't prepare for a war because they think there won't be a war. They think the PMO, MEA, Unkil, Aunty etc will step in to stop a full-fledged war. So, they navel-gaze and talk about 8th gen warfare.

When heads roll and entire organizations are canned, then suddenly, they will smell coffee. But alas, for all his amazing work, Modi is a tinkerer, not a demolisher
Prem Kumar,

I can sense your frustration. Imagine you are new CEO of a major company. Official company policy for the past few decades is that all the managers and supervisors of all the divisions along with head of HR, internal investigations, and security all have to pass a qualifying exam, interviews, and undergo training outside of the company. Company policy also states that you require 2000 steps to just relocate any of these guys to another division just for poor performance and are virtually immune to criminal prosecution especially since the head of your internal investigations is one of them. Now over the decades this administrative class has come to know the secrets of all the division heads and staff and now collude and protect each other.

Now you the CEO come to a big realization. You were actually chosen by these parasites because they themselves needed someone who can only tinker to keep the gravy train going. After all, every parasite needs a host who is living. Second, to get anything done you are forced to go through these guys to meet immediate challenges to the company.

Overtime however, the nepotism and collusion creates inefficiencies and loss of revenue to the company. Staring into the abyss you have two options, file for bankruptcy and liquidate or restructure the company (rolling heads) aided by revolting staff with or without the help of vc/private equity.

CEO - PMO
Admin class - all India services
Head of division - cabinet rank
Staff - workers outside of all India services
HR dept - ministry of personnel, grievance and pension
Internal investigations - CBI
Vc/private equity - world bank/imf
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

L&T, Spain’s Navantia Join Hands To Bid For Project 75 (India) Submarine Project
https://bharatshakti.in/lt-spains-navan ... e-project/
11 July 2023
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

L&T and Navantia sign a Teaming Agreement for Project 75 (India) submarine program
https://www.larsentoubro.com/pressrelea ... e-program/
10 July 2023
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Valid comparison as all of them are in the fray. S80 vs U212... the size of the S80 is huge.

https://foronaval.com/2021/07/08/a-comp ... ubmarines/
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

P75i is the MMRCA circus - navy version.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I can propose a P75i that will not be MMRCA circus -

Have a sub that has the following -
0. Design - We have ToT for HDW and Scorpene. If we cannot copy, paste and make our own, what's the point. We are also making Arihant class. The design capability in may form exist, the will and budget could be a different issue.
1. LI-Ion batteries (it is rumored that these batteries, in weight for 1-1 replacement over acid batteries store 8-10 times more power).It is in all ways more capable than lead acid. We are experimenting one currently and perhaps get a better one (if we fail) from Japan or south Korea. This in itself can take the performance of a sub (to remain in water and also move fast using batteries) to the next 2-3 level up. If Lead acid helps a sub to remain submerged for 15 days, lithium ion can make it remain underwater for 60-90 days.One can go few notches up, and put more Li-ion (in place of AIP), and increase the endurance. Totally doable on our part as either indigenous option or as a subsystem import.

https://safety4sea.com/cm-lithium-batte ... 0batteries.

2. AIP - We are validating one right now. Same can be put nd it can give us 15-30 days of additional submerged endurance.
3. Torpedo launch tubes + torpedos - we made them for HDW and Scorpione
4. Ballistic missiles (VLS?) --> We make them for Arihant class, they are after all SSBN capable of launching K6 and K5
5. Optronics and other mast related tech- Just today one of DRDO lab refurbished one. Now the navy is moving to all camera/IR/Laser/Radar based mast, which pops up, gather 360 degree view of everything in various spectrum and comes back. This tech sounds very familiar to IRST/optronics used for LCA/Sukhoi. Regardless, Japan has been offering masts with all these features.
6. Systems automation - Shame on us if we as an IT superpower cannot develop a fully automated system by integrating all the above features. Dont know if Scorpene ToT gives some of these systems/sub systems
7. Hull mounted SONARS and towed sonars - I remember we making them some 20 years ago. Ifours are not the greatest, can be bought of the self.
8 Hull material (steel) etc. - That's the ToT we got from HDW and Scorpene
9. Engine - Diesel + electric. Electric engine are easiest to make (battery storage is trickiest) +Diesel engine. We may not have one (unless Toted), that has to be made or bought. Germany stopped Chinese from importing.
10. Screws/blades (or water propulsion)- If you believe we are asking one from France

If you look above, we have almost all the building blocks. It just needs some faith and action to get it done.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

fanne wrote: 13 Jul 2023 02:02 I can propose a P75i that will not be MMRCA circus -

Have a sub that has the following -
0. Design - We have ToT for HDW and Scorpene. If we cannot copy, paste and make our own, what's the point. We are also making Arihant class. The design capability in may form exist, the will and budget could be a different issue.
1. LI-Ion batteries (it is rumored that these batteries, in weight for 1-1 replacement over acid batteries store 8-10 times more power).It is in all ways more capable than lead acid. We are experimenting one currently and perhaps get a better one (if we fail) from Japan or south Korea. This in itself can take the performance of a sub (to remain in water and also move fast using batteries) to the next 2-3 level up. If Lead acid helps a sub to remain submerged for 15 days, lithium ion can make it remain underwater for 60-90 days.One can go few notches up, and put more Li-ion (in place of AIP), and increase the endurance. Totally doable on our part as either indigenous option or as a subsystem import.

https://safety4sea.com/cm-lithium-batte ... 0batteries.

2. AIP - We are validating one right now. Same can be put nd it can give us 15-30 days of additional submerged endurance.
3. Torpedo launch tubes + torpedos - we made them for HDW and Scorpione
4. Ballistic missiles (VLS?) --> We make them for Arihant class, they are after all SSBN capable of launching K6 and K5
5. Optronics and other mast related tech- Just today one of DRDO lab refurbished one. Now the navy is moving to all camera/IR/Laser/Radar based mast, which pops up, gather 360 degree view of everything in various spectrum and comes back. This tech sounds very familiar to IRST/optronics used for LCA/Sukhoi. Regardless, Japan has been offering masts with all these features.
6. Systems automation - Shame on us if we as an IT superpower cannot develop a fully automated system by integrating all the above features. Dont know if Scorpene ToT gives some of these systems/sub systems
7. Hull mounted SONARS and towed sonars - I remember we making them some 20 years ago. Ifours are not the greatest, can be bought of the self.
8 Hull material (steel) etc. - That's the ToT we got from HDW and Scorpene
9. Engine - Diesel + electric. Electric engine are easiest to make (battery storage is trickiest) +Diesel engine. We may not have one (unless Toted), that has to be made or bought. Germany stopped Chinese from importing.
10. Screws/blades (or water propulsion)- If you believe we are asking one from France

If you look above, we have almost all the building blocks. It just needs some faith and action to get it done.
The consensus is that switching from lead-acid to Li-ion batteries could boost the submerged time of diesel-electric submarines from roughly 2-3 days to around ten days.

And let's remember, and we're currently at 250Wh/kg with Li-ion, a quarter of the dream scenario with solid-state batteries. It's realistic to expect us to hit that dream scenario of 1,000 Wh/kg in another five years or so. Funnily enough, our pace might actually give technology a chance to catch up to our lethargy and tendering speed! And while we wait, this MOD tendering keeps the technology in sight :shock: . Now, even if solid-state batteries hit that energy density, we're probably looking at a max increase in submerged endurance of a few weeks, assuming the sub operates at a power-conserving snail's pace. But, high energy density could shift the game for diesel-electric submarines. Instead of playing the long crawl around the underwater game, they could start operating like their nuclear cousins: higher speeds, shorter stints, and more surfacing to recharge batteries. We look at them behaving like nuke subs for 5-7 days and then recharge. It's a tactical trade-off - stealth versus agility-but it could diversify the playbook. However, as always, mission requirements, sub-capabilities, the other team's strength, and the specifics of the operational and tactical situation call the shots.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

If the tweet and article below turns out to be true, Project 75I will likely be closed.

After three additional Scorpenes, the Indian Navy may likely move on to Project 76.

https://twitter.com/Aryan_warlord/statu ... 42240?s=20 ---> @navalnewscom states there is a possibility that @navalgroup_IN will work with the Indian Navy on the indigenous SSK & SSN programs.

India To Procure Rafale M, More Scorpene Submarines
https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/20 ... ubmarines/
14 July 2023
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Rakesh,

The smart thing would have been to begin r&d on super kalvari ssk years ago in parallel as we were building scorpene. We are now starting, it’s a joke but this is premeditated. It’s going to take a decade before we see the first one.

We are now looking at modern 6ssn, 9ssk, and 3-5 ssbns.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

It was the Navy that insisted on this program, without realizing the roadblocks - financial and political - they were going to face.

They could have adopted the more pragmatic approach, but wasted years on Project 75I, IAC-2, etc. With numbers dwindling, they are now forced to take a more conciliatory approach i.e. additional Scorpenes, follow on Vikrant Class, etc.

Numbers will dwindle even further, but this is completely of the Navy's doing. They made their bed and now let them lie in it.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

But in the event of a war it's the nation that will pay the price.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

It would be great to create our own SSK version of the nuclear submarine, just like the French did with theirs. In the next five years, solid-state batteries are expected to become a reality with much higher density than what is possible today. 30-40% of submarines with solid-state batteries and a diesel + generator will give an excess of 15-21 days of carefree running around.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Whatever approached you are going to take. The first boat is not going to be launched before 2035. That is a given.

The first new generation of nuclear submarine can be in the water by 2032. If MDL claims of the design being ready by 2024 are correct.

The missing piece of the puzzle is the massive sub building capacity being created by the government. By my count, we can build 25 Submarines at any given point in time. But we don't have any boats to build.

What is the plan that requires the creation of such massive industrial capacity?

Please don't tell me that we are going to copy the USSR of early cold war. Because even them changed their approach by the mid 70s.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

It is unlikely that the Scorpene line is related to the Nuke line. If everything goes as planned, we should receive the three boats within 3-5 years of signing the agreement. After that, the older boats will undergo refitment of AIP and refurbishment. This particular line of work will remain busy for another decade or so.

Even though we may have the capacity for nuke boats, we will be stuck for a bit until the first boat doesn't hit the water and pass all the tests. I agree with admiral, Navy could have done more, but they didn't or we don't know anything about whats going on behind closed doors.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

The importance of stabilizing a platform cannot be stated enough. The Brazilians understand this very well. They ordered scorpene ssk and then worked with the French to build upon the design for ssn program.

What we did is completely fcked. We kept ordering different ssk’s, never stabilized any of the platforms by indigenizing and reordering, worked with the Russians to gain experience from akula lease, and then began a parallel ssn program.

After reviewing the timelines I can safely say we lost 20-30 years, talent, precious foreign reserves, and degraded our own capabilities.

This was premeditated from the start because any procurement operation like this only benefits those taking bribes. It has gotten so bad that the French themselves are begging us to stabilize their platform through repeat order to benefit both parties. Think about it!
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

For some curious reason, nobody is talking about an event that happened in 2016. This makes the new Scorpene buy a big farce.

So, when we signed the P75 (the original Scorpene deal), it was for 6 submarines and 3 options. In 2016, there was this huge leak of Scorpene data, and so the 3 options were cancelled. Now, we are buying the same 3 scorpenes at a 2022 price.

Reference:
https://archive.li/mv6wN (TOI link)
https://thediplomat.com/2016/09/india-d ... ubmarines/
https://shipshub.com/classes/181-2.html
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

srin wrote: 22 Jul 2023 19:18 For some curious reason, nobody is talking about an event that happened in 2016. This makes the new Scorpene buy a big farce.

So, when we signed the P75 (the original Scorpene deal), it was for 6 submarines and 3 options. In 2016, there was this huge leak of Scorpene data, and so the 3 options were cancelled. Now, we are buying the same 3 scorpenes at a 2022 price.

Reference:
https://archive.li/mv6wN (TOI link)
https://thediplomat.com/2016/09/india-d ... ubmarines/
https://shipshub.com/classes/181-2.html
This is all part of the game. The current procurement regime of any branch of the armed services will push the envelope to the limit and then bite the bullet. They are rich and powerful and able to defeat even the highest office.

The trick for them is to start parallel r&d projects so that in emergency like situations or situations in which we risk falling too behind we can always push through our own product. This corruption and inefficiency is unsustainable because the risk has become too great. I think the PMO has realized that it would rather leverage the private sector as a force multiplier in collaboration with DRDO to build a MIC and let the strategic and market pressure kill the procurement lobby in its current form. Or at the very least switch hands to domestic players. At least we’ll have ownership over our own product.
prashantsharma
BRFite

Post by prashantsharma »

The original cost paid to the French would not have included any amount towards the construction cost of the 3 options. So I won't worry about the specific point of having to pay in 2023 prices. Inflation drives up costs as well as govt revenue.
The option clause typically says that if you confirm the options by X date, then then price will be held constant (or original cost + % escalation).
Yes, the lament remains that these addtnl scorpenes should have been ordered long ago.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Other than inflation, the extra cost is towards the certification of the DRDO AIP as well.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

India Proceeds With New Submarines, Surface Ships Development
https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/20 ... velopment/
MDL had tied up with Germany’s TKMS for the Indian Navy’s Project 75I program to build six submarines. MDL has submitted the price bid for the project prior to the closure of the Indian Navy’s request for information on August 1. The project cost is “significantly” more than the $5.4 billion projected initially. Order placement is expected to take over two years, with the first first submarine to be delivered in six years from contract signing. L&T, which partnered with Navantia, is the competitor to MDL for this contract
MDL has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Indian Navy’s Warship Design Bureau to work jointly on indigenization of over 8,000 components used in the Scorpene submarines. Discussions are ongoing between the two on collaboration regarding Navy’s Project 76 for a class of indigenous diesel-electric submarines following Project 75I.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

IDRW is reporting.

Hanwa, has withdrawn from the P75I project.
maitya
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by maitya »

Pratyush wrote: 14 Aug 2023 12:15 IDRW is reporting.

Hanwa, has withdrawn from the P75I project.
Thought this was inevitable after Larsen and Toubro (L&T) going with Navantia and MDL with TKMS, there were no other Indian co left to partner with South Korean firms (Hanwa/Daewoo) ... though I'm not very sure if an Indian company was allowed to partner with multiple OEM vendors and thus submit multiple bids etc.

Also it's getting reported that the budgeted $5.6B deal is woefully less compared to what the forecasted bids from these two partnerships would be ... as usual, this seems going nowhere. :(
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

TKMS is the rumoured and favoured candidate to win.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Truly, P75I is Navy's version of MMRCA. Lots of drama combined with snail pace.
maitya
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by maitya »

Rakesh wrote: 14 Aug 2023 17:17 TKMS is the rumoured and favoured candidate to win.
So, it'll be those 4K Ton Type-216 derivatives then ... can't be sub-2K Ton Type-214 or barely-2K Ton Type-218SG clone, as not sure without 4K Ton type displacement, how come any of the VLS capability can be implemented/incorporated.
Or, has that requirement been dropped now - in which case, how is that any different from Scorpene+desi AIP platforms?

So, 4K Ton platform for an non-SSN attack platform - compared to 6-7K Ton SSBN platform. Oh man.

It'll be fun to watch, how much we'll be asked to shell out for this one - after all, $4.5B for 3 Scorpene+desi-AIP is being demanded for, isn't it?
And the type of money being talked about, it doesn't make any sense wrt non-magnetic steel hull etc tech being withheld.

But then again not much makes any sense about this program anyway ... oh well!! :evil:
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^ a la Air Force to end up with a mish mash of Subs
And a decade down the line all production lines will be kaput and we struggle for spares and maintenance
And the Circus will continue!!