India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by A_Gupta »

Manish_P wrote: 02 May 2024 09:20 ^ American Urban Naxals... are a significant percentage of them of Arabi Nassal?
This PGurus youtube has some info, specific to the college student protests:
https://www.youtube.com/live/MT5Ile67jC ... p5dJlexLsV
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

srin wrote: 02 May 2024 17:18 Biden calls US allies India, Japan 'xenophobic', says blocking immigrates causes economic woes

WTF is he talking about? Apalled by his ignorance and at the same time, happy that the country which has probably the most widespread data gathering of Indian citizens (via NSA etc) has no idea about Indians
They are in damage control mode:
https://japantoday.com/category/politic ... ic-country
At a fundraising event on Wednesday with many Asian American voters as part of his 2024 presidential election campaign, Biden said, "You know, one of the reasons why our economy is growing is because of you and many others. Why? Because we welcome immigrants," according to the White House.

While lauding immigration and diversity as key strengths of the United States, Biden was quoted as saying at a Washington hotel, "Look, think about it. Why is China stalling so badly economically? Why is Japan having trouble? Why is Russia? Why is India? Because they're xenophobic. They don't want immigrants."

White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre, as well as Biden's national security spokesman John Kirby, emphasized Thursday that the president was making a broader comment on his own country, when each was asked why he lumped Japan and India in with two U.S. adversaries, China and Russia.

"Our allies and partners know very well how much this president respects them," Jean-Pierre told reporters.
Biden used his speech to swipe at former President Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for the Nov. 5 election. His remarks about "xenophobic" countries came as he was criticizing Trump over a number of issues, including describing the former president's rhetoric as anti-immigrant.
Last edited by A_Gupta on 03 May 2024 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

vsunder wrote: 03 May 2024 05:17 Biden States that India and Japan are Xenophobic Countries

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-in ... cc9b1bb3ff

He made this statement at a fundraiser where the audience was predominantly Asian Americans. So much for the MUTU's on this forum.
It's due to anti-CAA propaganda.

India is better positioned than Japan for the years ahead. Look at the recent plunge in the Yen's value. This may make Japanese exports more competitive, but meanwhile US is weaponizing the Dollar by engaging in inflationary spending. So any export earnings Japan generates from US will again be losing value. I think aging Japan is going to be in a very painful place in the years ahead.
Japan is basically America's prisoner, having been conquered in 1945. Americans seem to be squeezing the last drops of blood out of them. And SKorea will be double-squeezed from the North as well as USA.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ No, it is political campaign time in the US - the silly season. The event at which Biden spoke was closed to the press and he was making political points about his opponent Trump.

BTW, you can't have Biden senile and on the verge of dementia and also having in his mind an-obscure-to-America topic like CAA. Furthermore they are well aware that they also have had religious-preferential foreign policy legislation. Such as the Lautenberg Amendment which has been used to favor Jews from the Soviet Union, and Christians, Baha’is, Sabaean-Mandaeans, and Zoroastrians from Islamic countries. Biden was in the Senate and probably voted "Yes" on this :D
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

A_Gupta wrote: 03 May 2024 07:36 ^^^ No, it is political campaign time in the US - the silly season. The event at which Biden spoke was closed to the press and he was making political points about his opponent Trump.

BTW, you can't have Biden senile and on the verge of dementia and also having in his mind an-obscure-to-America topic like CAA. Furthermore they are well aware that they also have had religious-preferential foreign policy legislation. Such as the Lautenberg Amendment which has been used to favor Jews from the Soviet Union, and Christians, Baha’is, Sabaean-Mandaeans, and Zoroastrians from Islamic countries. Biden was in the Senate and probably voted "Yes" on this :D
I don't agree. Certainly Biden can be in obvious cognitive decline (that's obvious just from looking at him) and yet still retain his propaganda brainwashing drummed into him by the non-stop chants of radical-Left activists on his side of the aisle.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Meanwhile, US Navy is aiming to get repairs done at Indian facilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbD-8f7lkzg
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

sanman wrote: 03 May 2024 09:20 I don't agree. Certainly Biden can be in obvious cognitive decline (that's obvious just from looking at him) and yet still retain his propaganda brainwashing drummed into him by the non-stop chants of radical-Left activists on his side of the aisle.
Biden has hated India since early 1990s and is an Islamist supporter (cryogenic engine sanctions & Hillale Pakistan award), but at times he'll humor gullible Indian-Americans for campaign contributions. He may be dementia riddled, but it doesn't take much of a push from The American Urban Naxal Party to push him to make anti-India statements.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

vsunder wrote: 03 May 2024 05:17 Biden States that India and Japan are Xenophobic Countries

He made this statement at a fundraiser where the audience was predominantly Asian Americans. So much for the MUTU's on this forum.
He is obviously taking about them head scalping Red Injuns. They were not very welcoming towards the original Britshit 'Expats'..
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Click on link below for animated gif....

https://x.com/abhifour/status/1786263859763818520 ---> Xenophobic Indians who didn’t welcome immigrants…
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

bwog.com is the Columbia students' newspaper.
Update made on Tuesday, April 30 at 3:26 am:

Hamilton Hall

At around 3 am, a student standing outside of the Undergraduate Admissions Entrance to Hamilton spoke into a megaphone, asking “Why are we here today?” The crowd responded “Palestine.” The speaker stated that “Palestine is leading the struggle against US Imperialism.” They announced that “today is the 206th day of the ongoing genocide,” and that they will sit outside Hamilton “however long it takes to show that [they] are in full solidarity with Palestine, and that we are here for our comrades who have bravely occupied the building.”

The speaker also referenced Hind Rajab, whom students referenced on a banner hung outside a Hamilton window, saying that “we owe it to all our martyrs because we will continue to honor our martyrs and fight like hell for the living.”

The speaker further stated that “one day… we will have our press conferences… in Jerusalem.”
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

sanman wrote: 03 May 2024 05:16
hanumadu wrote: 03 May 2024 03:14 What does it take for the US to drop India like trash?
Not much - "Last One Hired is First One Fired"
Then how come they haven't dropped India yet?
Since the last two years, India has been a thorn in the flesh for the US. All the US does is oscillate helplessly between threats and entreaties. It tries to create issues like khalistan, panun, democrary index for which India doesn't even give the time of the day. Instead of cutting ties with India, US signs a agreement for repairing their ships in India.

The ground realities do not match what you say.

Also, India doesn't seem to care much what US could do or will do. It's doing what is in it's interest, the US disapproval not withstanding.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

morem wrote: 30 Apr 2024 21:17
putnanja wrote: 30 Apr 2024 18:24 On the issue of languages, I have my own theory. Many immigrant chinese are very poor english speakers . So they speak to their kids in their own tongue at home, and kids speak in English outside. Among Indians, majority speak English well. I have seen many parents speak english to their young ones even before joining school/day care so that they will be prepared. And they continue speaking in English to their kids instead of their native tongue, or a mix of both. In many families, I have seen parents speak in their mother tongue and kids replying in English. Kids can understand but are more comfortable with English, and they know their parents can speak english well and understand. That's why chinese kids speak their language well compared to Indian kids in my view.
This is precisely my situation. Son understands the mother tongue but answers in English.
And this "I have seen many parents speak english to their young ones even before joining school/day care so that they will be prepared." - is a 100% spot on.
My two bits worth.
I was born in Kenya to parents from Goa who spoke Konkani, English and a some Portuguese (mother only). In addition they had learned passable Swahili since coming to Kenya
When I was a child, my parents decided to speak English to us in the home as it was the language of school and religion (we were Christian and had Irish priests). Also our community of Konkani speakers was relatively small only a few thousand spread across the country. Thus I became an English speaker with knowledge of Swahili (the lingua franca of East Africa). This was reinforced by my education in the UK. I learned a small amount of Konkani from talking to older members of our community and struggled to speak to my grandmothers when I met them (I was six and both of them were about seventy) but has languished since I have now spent over fifty years in the UK.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Aldonkar wrote: 03 May 2024 19:38 ...I learned a small amount of Konkani from talking to older members of our community and struggled to speak to my grandmothers when I met them (I was six and both of them were about seventy) but has languished since I have now spent over fifty years in the UK.
<OT> Never too late to learn... or re-learn, if you have the inclination, Sir :)

You can check out some learning videos on youtube
(for example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbsgi_t ... nyj-gmBjh1
This is goan konkani, not the karnataka one.)
</OT>
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

US President Joe Biden counts India among ‘xenophobic’ nations that do not welcome immigrants

https://scroll.in/latest/1067382/us-pre ... immigrants
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

chetak wrote: 03 May 2024 22:25 US President Joe Biden counts India among ‘xenophobic’ nations that do not welcome immigrants

Did some Indian Babu said something against Comma,La Harris for Biden to jump around? Or was it that Nuland was kicked out and Clintonites pressured Biden? Biden must have been jealous of Gar$hitty and hence put in this statement. Politics is complex indeed.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile: If anyone still needs more evidence that Rutgers is a PoS university, here it is - This is how Fraudrey Trashcan and her ilk can flourish there. ..

President Halloway has agreed to 8 of the 10 demands given by Rutgers SJP and the students in the encampment. Most notably the demands for total divestment and the termination of its partnership with Tel Aviv University are “things not in the President’s control”.

Thus the president has agreed to a future negotiation and meeting with 5 students from the chapter and what I believe is an advisory board, so long as the students took down the tents by 4pm.

After an hour long discussion the students decided to close the encampment to secure their 8 demands and bargain directly for the latter two in a future meeting with the Joint Committee of Investment..

So RutgersU has caved. But check this out.

“Display the flags of occupied peoples including…Kashmiris?

How nice.!

Kashmir didn’t just suddenly end up on these scums's list:

They s have been telegraphing that they expected quid pro quo—they’ll support the anarchists simping for Hamas, but the real prize is Kashmir.
See:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMoE_FMWkAA ... ame=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMoE_FOWgAA ... name=large
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

hanumadu wrote: 03 May 2024 19:30 Then how come they haven't dropped India yet?
Since the last two years, India has been a thorn in the flesh for the US. All the US does is oscillate helplessly between threats and entreaties. It tries to create issues like khalistan, panun, democrary index for which India doesn't even give the time of the day. Instead of cutting ties with India, US signs a agreement for repairing their ships in India.
We can sign those agreements - and then maybe abrogate them in America's hour of need.
After all, repairing and resupplying US ships means enduring China's wrath. And US is perfectly happy to stomp on us instead of treating us as a partner. That's why they're converting US soil into a base of operations for Khalistanis. If you protest over Gaza, then US establishment will come down on you with crushing force. US media will heap scorn on you by calling you an anti-semite, while American FBI officials describe you as a terrorist. But if you vandalize Hindu temples and issue loud calls that "All Hindus Must Leave This Country!" then US officials will look the other way, while mainstream media say nothing. You'll actually be promoted as a victim, granted victim status, and given a victim card.

Indian Americans on average pay the highest taxes to the US govt out of any ethnic group. But with all this taxation, they get no representation. That's why the US govt and its Deep State can scorn them. Because they're just serfs. That's why those who vandalize their places of worship get glorified.
The ground realities do not match what you say.
The ground realities show that they're ramping up their interference in Indian politics, including Indian elections, as well as badmouthing the Modi govt all the time. You may claim it's nothing, but I feel Indians shouldn't just take an ostrich mentality and pretend nothing is being done against us.

So while your inclination is to respond by puffing out your chest with bravado, and claim it all amounts to nothing while yawning, my inclination is to instead feel very concerned and to formulate a tough response.
When they try to put the hurt on us, then we have to respond right back. Otherwise, then we look like pushovers. We look like people who will always yawn in response to blows being inflicted on us.
I don't believe in this "Yawn - it's no big deal" type of reflex. This chestpuffery is a very primitive 3rd world mindset. We should respond in a way that conveys to them how much we can undermine them when they choose to undermine us.
Also, India doesn't seem to care much what US could do or will do. It's doing what is in it's interest, the US disapproval not withstanding.
India should care, and should show it cares by inflicting some consequences back on the West.
For you, admitting you care is like some kind of admission of weakness and expression of cowardice.
For me, admitting I care amounts to saying "Don't trample upon me. If you do that, I will bite your foot off."
So we have different reactions on how to respond.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

sanman wrote: 03 May 2024 05:16 Not much - "Last One Hired is First One Fired"
sanman ji, not necessarily. Work-salary ratio is much higher with the last one hired. First one hired would have been entrenched and can slide - See what is China doing now to the US and the West. :mrgreen:
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Vayutuvan wrote: 04 May 2024 06:17 sanman ji, not necessarily. Work-salary ratio is much higher with the last one hired. First one hired would have been entrenched and can slide - See what is China doing now to the US and the West. :mrgreen:
India has had to work its butt off to get US favours, while Europeans had to do much less, and Israel has to do practically nothing.
That's what happens when you're at the bottom of the totem pole.
US doesn't give a second thought about smearing India.
We'll have to show them consequences, to make them understand.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The US campus protests are good for India in the medium and long term. Takes away the blind compulsion to go study in the US for a lot of Indians, including offspring of our babus and serving/retired officers.

Also forces a lot of dharmic NRIs & PIOs to take a hard look that their adopted country and ask themselves some hard questions like economic gain vs civilisational estrangement, and what kind of society they want to spend their vanaprastha in, and the entire lives of their children in. As Bharat prospers and improves in ease of living, the current trends will remove the sheen and bling of the US and more generally the west, and make R2I a stronger and stronger option.

The Kashmir issue being raked up is also a good thing. Gives MAD 3.0 just the excuse they need if anyone dares to instigate conflict on the ground.

As we have seen, NaMo takes a long term view of current happenings, both domestic and foreign. Our MEA spokesperson has been giving it back each time some cranio-rectal statement comes out of US SD. Beyond that, Bharat will stick to its policy of not commenting on another country's internal matters. Because 1. Its decency 2. We dont really care who craps in their own living rooms.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Indeed. I am quite surprised at the "understanding US" type statements here, presumably by desis living in the US.

While I don't disagree with observations around US generally being welcoming toward immigrants, having lived there for a decade, it's driven by nothing more than a self-serving mindset. Having usurped the land from the original inhabitants and driving them into "reservations" with side helpings of obesity and depression*, it's easy to be generous toward other immigrants, so the guilt can be spread around and even off-shored like Biden is attempting to do it now.

In terms of international relations, it's always shoot first and talk later. Not sure why people here are expecting India to "understand" Biden's statement and put things in context for us. He practically accused us of being racist (xenophobia is just another side of the coin) - India should put out a strongly worded statement asking Biden to mind what he speaks and not throw stones while living in a glass house. While there is no need to jump up in indignation, we shouldn't let this full toss ball pass either. Certainly none of that "understanding the US" shite that's going on in the last two pages of this thread.

* Mental Health Challenges in Caring for American Indians and Alaska Natives - US Gov's NLH/NIH
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

A RtI topic might be helpful to know the situation on the ground in India.

Cost of living transportation medical facilities recreation museums seminars pollution demographics NOISE pollution etc

Compare Shimla with the towns in the western ghats for example
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote: They are in damage control mode:
@A_Gupta ji,
Who are they? :shock: :eek: :mrgreen:
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Cyrano wrote: 04 May 2024 09:41Beyond that, Bharat will stick to its policy of not commenting on another country's internal matters. Because 1. Its decency 2. We dont really care who craps in their own living rooms.
Maybe we should occassionally do so - our policy makes us predictable - others not knowing how we'll react is also a useful tool to have in the toolbox.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Agree. Not every statement from the west deserves rebuttal, but some do, and MEA hasn't been holding back.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

One thing is for sure, whoever said the following knew what (s)he was talking about:

"First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, and then you win."

Recent US actions like the Covid-time bad faith action on withholding contracted Covaxin ingredients, the periodic needling on hyooman rights, fonopsing, firing from turdoo's shoulders, the recent Pannu issues, and this Indo-misic comment - all point to us being in the "fight" phase already. That this is coinciding with the consistent decline of US power, esp foreign policy via setbacks in Syria, military loss in Afg, Iran-Saudi rapproachment, Japan and Korea's re-armament against China (which itself is a testament of American inability against the Chinese threat), the Ukraine morass and Russia's ability to stand and punch back, tepid support to Israel, inability to get India to tow the line on western sanctions, the slow but sure progress of non-USD trade, rise of non-western multi-lateral institutions like AIIB, NDB, etc. is all the more interesting. While this is happening, the American public's priority is the wokification of US public spaces and whether humans have one or two dozen genders - reminds me of a certain 'fiddler' during Roman times.
Aldonkar
BRFite

Post by Aldonkar »

chetak wrote: 03 May 2024 22:25 US President Joe Biden counts India among ‘xenophobic’ nations that do not welcome immigrants

I believe that there was an Anglo Indian in Mumbai called Lionel Biden that claimen some connection to the Biden family!
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

arshyam wrote: 04 May 2024 09:51

Indeed. I am quite surprised at the "understanding US" type statements here, presumably by desis living in the US.

While I don't disagree with observations around US generally being welcoming toward immigrants, having lived there for a decade, it's driven by nothing more than a self-serving mindset. Having usurped the land from the original inhabitants and driving them into "reservations" with side helpings of obesity and depression*, it's easy to be generous toward other immigrants, so the guilt can be spread around and even off-shored like Biden is attempting to do it now.

In terms of international relations, it's always shoot first and talk later. Not sure why people here are expecting India to "understand" Biden's statement and put things in context for us. He practically accused us of being racist (xenophobia is just another side of the coin) - India should put out a strongly worded statement asking Biden to mind what he speaks and not throw stones while living in a glass house. While there is no need to jump up in indignation, we shouldn't let this full toss ball pass either. Certainly none of that "understanding the US" shite that's going on in the last two pages of this thread.

* Mental Health Challenges in Caring for American Indians and Alaska Natives - US Gov's NLH/NIH
The problem with the word “understanding” is that it has the connotation of “being in sympathy with”. Response should be done with knowledge of what was said in what context.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Damage control mode:

Q So, the — the President last night described Japan as “xenophobic” along with China and Russia. Was that intentional? And does — does the President want to apologize to Japan?

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: So, look, I think the broader — the broader — the broader case that he was trying to make, which I think most — most leaders and allies across the globe understand, is he’s — he was trying — he was saying that when it comes to — when it comes to — when it comes to who we are as a nation, we are a nation of — of immigrants. That is in our DNA.

And — and so — and you’ve heard the President say this, and you’ve heard us say it more as an administration. It’s in — it makes us better. We are stronger for it because of the fact that in our DNA we are a nation of immigrants. And I think that’s probably very important to note as well. And that’s what he was —

Q The President —

Q I want to try one more time on —

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: Yeah.

Q — on Japan.

Q You know, he made the comments last night lumping them in with China and Russia, calling them “xenophobic.” He’s opposed this Nippon Steel acquisition of U.S. Steel. The U.S. has initiated a national security review of that transaction. It’s something that’s typically reserved for U.S. adversaries.

Is there a concern that he is pushing a key U.S. ally in a region and a key bulwark against China away from the U.S.? Is there concern that that relationship is being harmed by these off-the-cuff remarks?

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: So, a couple of things. I mean, he was making a broader point, as I was saying earlier, when I was answering Karen’s question about this country. And our allies and partners know very well that — how much this president respects them. As you know, in regards to Japan, they were just here for the state visit. That U.S.-Japan relationship is — is an important relationship. It’s a deep, enduring — enduring alliance.

And — and so, we’re — certainly, we — we share a commitment to democratic values and strong bounds of friendship between our — our peoples. And this was evidenced by, like, as I just said, with the recent — recent state dinner visit.

And so, he was making a more broad comment, speaking about this country and speaking about how important it is to be a country of immigrants and how it makes our country stronger. And so, that’s what he was talking about.

As it relates to our relationship with our allies, that continues. Obviously, we have a strong relationship with — with — with India, with — with Japan. And the President, if you just look at the last three years, has certainly — certainly has focused on that diplomatic — those diplomatic relationships.

Q And yet, Karine —

Q Karine —

Q — the word “xenophobic” is a very pejorative and negative word, particularly to use against an ally. Is that what he meant?

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: Look, he — I think he was — I think — look, the President was very clear. And I think — I —

Q He wasn’t very clear.

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: Well — well —

Q I mean, that’s why we’re asking you.

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: Well, no, I — well, look, here’s what I’m saying. He was talking about what — who we are as a country. Right? He was talking about the importance about being in a country of immigrants, especially as you see the attacks that we have seen very recently, in the last couple of years, on — those attacks on immigrants, in particular.

And so, it is important for us to remember that we are a country of immigrants. I’m explaining where he’s — what he — what he was talking about and how he was — what he was focusing on in those comments: country of immigrants, it makes us stronger, it is important to let — to — to be very clear about that.

And the President is always going to be really clear on — on — on speaking to, you know, issues that matter to the American people. We are a country of immigrants. That matters. And we’ve seen these attacks. And so, the — the President is never going to shy away from that.

Go ahead, Michael.

Q Karine, would he phrase it again the same way? Would he phrase it again the same way?

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: You know, that is up to the President. You know, he is — he is — he is the President. Whatever — however he sees a message — wanting to share a message to the American people, he will do so. And so, I can’t speak to — I can’t speak to that.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

:rotfl:
No better example of knickers in a twist
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

"External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on May 4 said what is happening in poll-bound Canada over the killing of Khalistan separatist Hardeep Singh Nijjar is mostly due to their internal politics and nothing to do with India."

I imagine the reaction would be the same if the matter of Biden's charge of xenophobia comes up.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Though Soros pledged a Billion$ to destabilise Indian Govt which is most pro-Israel dispensation steering away from India's official stance of supporting Palestine.

US State Dept Accuses India of Anti-Semitism for Pushing Conspiracies Against George Soros

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

A_Gupta wrote: 04 May 2024 21:59 "External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on May 4 said what is happening in poll-bound Canada over the killing of Khalistan separatist Hardeep Singh Nijjar is mostly due to their internal politics and nothing to do with India."

I imagine the reaction would be the same if the matter of Biden's charge of xenophobia comes up.
EAM Jaishankar: directly addresses -- on US President Biden comments that India is Xenophobic .. He teaches about what it means to be xenophobic etc.. and India is not xenophobic..
Whitehouse comments becomes a :rotfl: ...
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Amber G. wrote: 05 May 2024 00:47 Whitehouse comments becomes a :rotfl: ...
For Biden, Indians are all xenophobic -- just like Papuans are all cannibals who ate his uncle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_XRbGUZbfk

"Start the engines, Joe!"

"I'm tryin, Uncle! I'm tryin!"

(btw, does anybody have any monkey brains for me to eat, so that I can become smart like Joe Biden?)
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

arshyam wrote: 04 May 2024 10:57 One thing is for sure, whoever said the following knew what (s)he was talking about:

"First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, and then you win."
I believe that statement is attributed to Mahatma Gandhi.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

This is worth a read:
Israel lost control of the ‘narrative’ to Left academics. India must not go the same way
Israel is paying a heavy price today for ignoring the vicious propaganda unleashed by academic cabals in the West. India runs the same risk unless it takes the battle of words forward.

https://theprint.in/opinion/israel-lost ... y/1988442/
A few decades ago, Marxist academics in US universities started using a new set of words to describe Israel. Words like “settler”, “colonialist”, “white supremacist”, and “apartheid state” started being bandied about. Despite being blatantly false, these words gained currency simply by the use of Goebbelsian repetition tactics. But when this new vocabulary started taking shape, the Israeli government and Israel supporters committed a cardinal mistake. They chose to ignore these academics. After all, who listened to boring academics and their short-lived crackpot ideas? The mainstream American political class was “safely” pro-Israel. This approach has turned out to be a strategic blunder.
Also:
After Israel, the next target is India
https://youtu.be/Y_nBcbUxDWY?si=QS-w2HhFTbWdUMHD
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

^ One possibility is to de-recognize degrees from some US universities for employment, visa or lending purposes in India (akin to what was done to some domestic universities in the 1990s).