Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion Thread

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion Thread

Postby Aditya_V » 17 Jul 2020 10:40

Useful in transporting the Ajmal Kasab types, a surface trawler and pull it to say 100-150 km from the Mumbai coast.

MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Postby MeshaVishwas » 17 Jul 2020 18:09

Aditya_V wrote:Useful in transporting the Ajmal Kasab types, a surface trawler and pull it to say 100-150 km from the Mumbai coast.

Also can be used to lay mines, since our Minesweepers are all decommissioned they would try to exploit the situation.

Rs_singh
BRFite

Postby Rs_singh » 17 Jul 2020 19:59

MeshaVishwas,

100% agreed. Port and docked ship sabotage is more than likely the use case scenario. 72 seekers are unlikely to be trained to that level or be given use of expensive and limited eqpmt - kinda defeats the purpose of the one way trip being cheap.

MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Postby MeshaVishwas » 21 Jul 2020 08:32

:lol:

vikassh
BRFite -Trainee

Postby vikassh » 27 Jul 2020 18:02

basant
BRFite

Postby basant » 27 Jul 2020 19:32

^^^
Beautiful air base!

mody
BRFite

Postby mody » 28 Jul 2020 15:24

basant wrote:^^^
Beautiful air base!

Don't worry some day we shall take over the operations at the base. Inshallah!!

Thee JF-17 is shown armed with 2 PL-12/SD-10 and 2 PL-5s, along with 2 supersonic drop tanks.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 28 Jul 2020 16:37

mody wrote:
basant wrote:^^^
Beautiful air base!

Don't worry some day we shall take over the operations at the base. Inshallah!!

Thee JF-17 is shown armed with 2 PL-12/SD-10 and 2 PL-5s, along with 2 supersonic drop tanks.

It has been shown with that and claimed with that for 10 years, there is a PL-5 test, BVR test without showing launcher aircraft, with mythical ACG 400 missile, all Block II are supposed to have refueling capability but no refueling video, the aircraft always pulls out of a vertical loop and 27-Feb-19 dropped a few 83REK bombs which missed by a mile, even the Mirage V/3 launched the H-4 bombs which came closer.

Even the CAP on 26-Feb-19 was done by 2 F16's which were prevented from intercepting the Mirage 2000's, no JF-17 showed up. There were 5 Amraams fired on Avenger -1 Su-30, 1 on Squadron leader Vyas's retreating Mig-21 Bison- there were 0 PL 12/ SD-10 fired that day- being a cheaper missile logically and politically much more expandable.

All aircraft go through carriage, drop tests and then seperation tests before firing. Given the way it is being marketed heavily there are none for the the JF-17.

2CCM/ 2BVR are not much of a payload. where are the SD-10/PL-12 separation tests? The aircraft also take off in a very shallow angle from Skardu, look at our aircraft from Leh

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Postby nachiket » 28 Jul 2020 23:59

Aditya_V wrote:All aircraft go through carriage, drop tests and then seperation tests before firing. Given the way it is being marketed heavily there are none for the the JF-17.

2CCM/ 2BVR are not much of a payload. where are the SD-10/PL-12 separation tests? The aircraft also take off in a very shallow angle from Skardu, look at our aircraft from Leh

Those tests happen in China, not in pakiland. I haven't seen separation trials videos for the J-10 either. The Chinese only release propaganda videos. The pakis take what they get from the Chinese after they are done testing, they don't do trials themselves. They wouldn't know what to do if something fails anyway.

2CCM+2BVR+2 drop tanks is be the standard CAP/air-defence config for the LCA as well.

We sometimes take the JF-17 too lightly I think. Regardless of its shortcomings, it does provide the pakis with a cost-effective way to get several squadrons of BVR capable fighters which they were severely short of earlier. More importantly these are sanction proof unlike their F-16's and will continue to receive updates from the Chinese without the pakis breaking the bank.

nam
BRF Oldie

Postby nam » 29 Jul 2020 00:17

Despite being operational for years, there is not even ONE video of FC1 firing the SD-10.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 29 Jul 2020 11:11

nachiket wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:All aircraft go through carriage, drop tests and then seperation tests before firing. Given the way it is being marketed heavily there are none for the the JF-17.

Those tests happen in China, not in pakiland. I haven't seen separation trials videos for the J-10 either. The Chinese only release propaganda videos. The pakis take what they get from the Chinese after they are done testing, they don't do trials themselves. They wouldn't know what to do if something fails anyway.

2CCM+2BVR+2 drop tanks is be the standard CAP/air-defence config for the LCA as well.

We sometimes take the JF-17 too lightly I think. Regardless of its shortcomings, it does provide the pakis with a cost-effective way to get several squadrons of BVR capable fighters which they were severely short of earlier. More importantly these are sanction proof unlike their F-16's and will continue to receive updates from the Chinese without the pakis breaking the bank.

JF-17 is not taken lightly, it has been overhyped and compared with LCA Tejas which it is not, which in turn is used to Bash HAL. It has its merits buts its drawbacks as well.

vikassh
BRFite -Trainee

Postby vikassh » 29 Jul 2020 17:01

Dear Gurus,

It is a noob pooch.
I keep on watching lot of youtube videos created by DCS players. One of the channels that I follow is Growling Sidewinder. It seems he is highly impressed by JF-17. One of his recent videos on top 5 air-to-air platforms ranks JF 17 as no. 2 in the list. In another one there is an almost equal result between JF and Mirage using Fox 2 primarily. I would like to learn from Gurus what they think about this?

Thanks in advance.

m_saini
BRFite

Postby m_saini » 29 Jul 2020 17:10

^^ Noob too but I wouldn't give any heed to DCS rankings, it's just a sim with no real life bearings. Chinis definitely would've adopted the no. 2 air-to-air platform(or even no.10th) and the fact that they haven't tells you all there is to know.

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Postby nachiket » 30 Jul 2020 00:45

vikassh wrote:Dear Gurus,

It is a noob pooch.
I keep on watching lot of youtube videos created by DCS players. One of the channels that I follow is Growling Sidewinder. It seems he is highly impressed by JF-17. One of his recent videos on top 5 air-to-air platforms ranks JF 17 as no. 2 in the list. In another one there is an almost equal result between JF and Mirage using Fox 2 primarily. I would like to learn from Gurus what they think about this?

Thanks in advance.

He is talking about the JF-17 as it is modeled in DCS and comparing with other aircraft available in game, not in real life. Lot of the other aircraft modules have limitations because they were older modules released many years ago and the devs were working off of public data from decades ago. The F-15, Su-27, Mirage-2000 modules for instance model the earliest versions of these aircraft from the 80's with no subsequent upgrades to avionics and weapons. Plus the modelling of weapons performance is hit and miss with most BVR missiles having a much lower effective range in game than in reality till recently. They then upgraded the AMRAAM-120C and added the PL-12 with a realistic range while the R-77 remains almost unusable.

tldr; aircraft performance in DCS has almost no correlation to that in real life.

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Postby Karan M » 30 Jul 2020 06:50

Reminds me of the JVPC being used in online FPS and people asking why IA was not purchasing it because it was such a great gun. :lol:

manjgu
BRF Oldie

Postby manjgu » 30 Jul 2020 09:50

vikassh wrote:Dear Gurus,

It is a noob pooch.

Thanks in advance.

its like trying to understand India by watching bollywood movies... all indian are awesome dancers... all women are extremely beautiful...all men look like Hrithik Roshan...1 indian can beat 10 men to pulp and then go sing a song etc etc.

MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Postby MeshaVishwas » 11 Aug 2020 19:49

Although many may know this by now but one of the reasons why the Bandar FC1 costs so low is because of the RD93 (RD 33 with a repositioned gearbox and re-designated the RD-93).

Here are the specs from the manufacturer themselves:
Note the ridiculously low TTL.
https://www.uecrus.com/eng/products/mil ... tion/rd93/
Thanks to @tsarkar saar for the worm in my brain which lead me to this.

VikramA
BRFite

Postby VikramA » 11 Aug 2020 20:11

specified life-1400 hours :lol: . how many engines is that for a airframe life of 6000 hours? almost 4 engines

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 11 Aug 2020 20:42

VikramA wrote:specified life-1400 hours :lol: . how many engines is that for a airframe life of 6000 hours? almost 4 engines

Is there any source saying JF17 has 6000 hour life? Its quite good for Paki morale.

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”