Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Re: Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion

Post by Rakesh »

Pakistan’s Multi-Domain Military Modernization Blitz
https://medium.com/@amirhusain_tx/pakis ... 0dcb396f2f
29 Jan 2024
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

VIDEO: https://x.com/DfIlite/status/1758006071585853749?s=20 ---> Video of yesterday, 6th Hangor Class Submarine, being constructed.

https://x.com/DfIlite/status/1758006076455412090?s=20 ---> So this is sixth Hangor Class Submarine they are making. Soon, IN will get shock of their life when 5-6 Pak submarines will come. Our Project-75I submarines is taking its own sweet time. No one is in rush.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

If civilians know via OSINT won't the IN/MoD be aware via their channels...

And they were cool when the Chinese were churning out their subs and surface ships
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Manish_P wrote: 15 Feb 2024 22:28 If civilians know via OSINT won't the IN/MoD be aware via their channels...

And they were cool when the Chinese were churning out their subs and surface ships
"No expense shall be spared in the defense of the nation!"
- Standard line from every Raksha Mantri

Hollow words onlee. Will invest in nothing (especially local maal), but wants to be regional superpower.

Will hum, haw and throw up every bureaucratic excuse to delay the acquisition of platforms.

Our politicians are clueless and our Generals, Admirals and Air Marshals play gulli danda with the system to import. From Artillery to Armoured Corps to Infantry to Air Force to Navy, it is a mess. These senior military personnel only want to import and give lip service to self reliance. Local maal is ordered in piece meal. 10 units here, 20 units there. And they expect foreign and local OEMs to keep lines open for them, for eternity.

See this video from Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw on the ignorance of our politicians (from 0:30 in the video). Nothing has changed since that tiime.

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Rakesh wrote: 15 Feb 2024 22:41 ...
"No expense shall be spared in the defense of the nation!"
- Standard line from every Raksha Mantri
We are a soon to be $5 Trillion economy looking to purchase 2nd hand fighter jets, converted airliners for AEWACS platforms,...
basant
BRFite

Post by basant »

Conversion of airline to AEW is okay.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

basant wrote: 16 Feb 2024 01:24 Conversion of airline to AEW is okay.
2nd hand fighters are also OK sir, but that was not my drift...
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

There is very little wrong and much that is right about second hand goods.

These people are being paid by the tax payer to be careful with their money.

Perhaps my standard of living is vastly higher than it would be otherwise because I have no hesitation buying used. I can drive an exotic $200,000 car but pay half as much. So some aficionado can recognise that it is an old model. Doesn’t bother me.

This is the consumerist model driven by the capitalist paradigm. Perhaps we need to recognise it. I may think of myself as a recycler and better for the planet.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

sanjaykumar wrote: 16 Feb 2024 07:27 There is very little wrong and much that is right about second hand goods.

These people are being paid by the tax payer to be careful with their money.

Perhaps my standard of living is vastly higher than it would be otherwise because I have no hesitation buying used. I can drive an exotic $200,000 car but pay half as much. So some aficionado can recognise that it is an old model. Doesn’t bother me.

This is the consumerist model driven by the capitalist paradigm. Perhaps we need to recognise it. I may think of myself as a recycler and better for the planet.
Sanjay ji, kudos for you on the recycling aspect, but this consumerist & conservationist principle becoming the guiding principle of armed forces is a step in the wrong direction and clearly lays bare the muddled mindset from which the forces are not able to extricate themselves.

The argument against these used planes is not about saving a paisa here for the benefit of taxpayers, but the hapazard and illogical way the forces plan or do not plan their requirements & procurement strategy and at the last moment will punt the decision to buy a used ware as a subtitute for a planned, well organized, inventive structure of their inventory.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://x.com/alpha_defense/status/1765 ... 03264?s=20 ---> Licensed Production of Chinese VT-4 Main Battle Tank (MBT).

https://x.com/Defense_Talks/status/1765 ... 86788?s=20 ---> Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) unveiled HAIDER Tank, indigenously manufactured with NORINCO China and Pakistan. General Syed Asim Munir, NI (M), Chief of Army Staff (COAS), visited HIT as chief guest at the rollout ceremony of HAIDER tank (Pilot Project). The ceremony was attended by Ambassador of the Peoples Republic of China, key officials of Chinese state company NORINCO, high officials of Government of Pakistan & Pakistan Army, and various military and civilian officials of HIT. During the ceremony, HIT unveiled its new Tank HAIDER, which has been indigenously manufactured through collaboration with NORINCO China and various industries of Pakistan.

HAIDER embodies cutting-edge technology and impressive capability in the domain of tank warfare having remarkable firepower, protection and manoeuvre characteristics. Crafted with state-of-the-art advanced technologies, HAIDER stands as a testament to Pakistani defence industry’s relentless pursuit of excellence in defence innovation. COAS was briefed in detail about the technical capabilities of the HAIDER tank and the progress being made in achieving indigenization in arms and armament. COAS also visited other manufacturing facilities within the Heavy Industrial Complex and appreciated the commitment of the officers and workforce in successful achievement of another technological milestone. Earlier on arrival, COAS was received by Chairman HIT.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://x.com/BharatShaktiBSI/status/17 ... 92611?s=20 ---> China-operated Gwadar Port Attacked, 10 Killed. Armed assailants strike Gwadar Port in Pakistan, raising security alarms. @CaptDKS (retd) explains the chain of events.

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Rakesh wrote: 07 Mar 2024 20:09 https://x.com/alpha_defense/status/1765 ... 03264?s=20 ---> Licensed Production of Chinese VT-4 Main Battle Tank (MBT).
Why for is there no mine plough on the tank hain?
Why for a photo of a lion when the only lion in Bakistan is an old emaciated one in a zoo?
Why for only 3 chini gentlemen hain?
and finally
Why for is the Tank Cmdrs danda fairer and thicker than Moonirs?

So many questions...
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

The PAF's DGPR (Director General Propaganda Relations) wing has come out with a video on Pakistan Day (March 23rd).

Some eye-raising moments in this video :mrgreen: See you if you can spot them.

VIDEO: https://x.com/DGPR_PAF/status/1771140389254127884?s=20 ---> Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, NI (M) Spearheads PAF's Modernization Drive.

P.S. After seeing Zaheer Saab sitting so nonchalantly in the J-10CE, he must be thinking ---> "I did the video! Can I now please have my 72 hoors?"
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Another unreal video. This stuff is hilarious! :lol:

VIDEO: https://x.com/DGPR_PAF/status/1771138889652027784?s=20 ---> Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, NI (M) Leading Flypast 2024.

Shahbaz-1's real call sign is Fraud-1.

He has emulated his service to a T and lived up to the PAF's carefully crafted image. Good one Air Chief! :lol:

https://x.com/AirOpsSyndicate/status/17 ... 38130?s=20 --->

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Chinmay
BRFite

Post by Chinmay »

Looks like the Pakis were gifted a SIGINT ship
The ship looks to be dimensionally comparable to Norway’s intelligence gathering vessels Eger and Marjata, Sweden’s Artemis, or Germany’s Oste class, he added.

But Koh doubts Rizwan “has the onboard power capacity for telemetry missile tracking, like those found on the Chinese Yuan Wang series.” Instead, he explained, Rizwan is likely focused on gathering electronic and signals intelligence thanks to “onboard signals processing and analysis capabilities.”
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://x.com/TBPEnglish/status/1772317 ... 12723?s=20 ---> Breaking: Pakistan’s second largest naval air station, PNS Siddique in Turbat is under heavy attack. Gunfire and multiple explosions have been reported from the area. Chinese drones are also stationed at this base.

VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Wasn't Gwadar attacked recently?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

^^
Rakesh wrote: 22 Mar 2024 20:05 Image
Begging pardon from the Admiral for lazily using his post for the above khabar
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Rakesh wrote: 27 Oct 2022 03:40
Rakesh wrote: 16 Sep 2022 20:40The 18 F-16C/D Block 50/52 models will serve for another 40 years. They were delivered around 2010. There is an option for another 18 more, which will be exercised in due course. To be quite honest, there will be a sale of the F-16 Block 70/72 variant to the PAF in the years ahead and their Block 50/52 models will also get the Block 70/72 upgrade. That is going to happen. The Block 70/72 will come, along with a batch of AIM-120C7/8s (among other weaponry) as they already have the AIM-120C5. America will not sell the F-35 to Pakistan, because of China. And thus the next best route is the Block 70/72.
More F-16s for PAF are coming! Thank goodness, the SE contest was never awarded to LM.

https://twitter.com/INTELPSF/status/158 ... PWXfM5GDRQ ---> Pakistani diplomats in Washington D.C. have started exploratory discussions with the U.S. state department for acquiring more F-16s, either from the existing U.S. fleet or from mutually friendly countries, according to two Pakistani officials.
https://x.com/Chellaney/status/1775412674018390357?s=20 ---> Biden has not only embraced Pakistan's new military-backed government but also pledged to "continue to forge a strong partnership" with that country, a mecca of terrorism. The US is helping keep Pakistan afloat while modernizing its F-16 fleet to make it more potent against India.

Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Why sell on one side, when you can sell to both?
America is not the first one to do this (Britain, Germany, France, Russia too)
America won't be the last one to do it.

This is just plain commerce. Lets move and counter move commercially whenever possible for us.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Khalsa wrote: 04 Apr 2024 14:51 Why Sell on one side, when you can sell to both.
America is not the first one to do this (Britain, Germany, France, Russia too)
America won't be the last one to do it.

This is just plain commerce. Lets move and counter move commercially whenever possible for us.
Except America doesn't want anyone else selling to countries that America don't approve of and sanctions them if they do so while America is free to sell to anyone it wishes to. It won't allow India to trade with Iran but US gets to sell weapons to Pakistan that would only be used against India and hosts anti India terrorists.

I am sick of this hypocrisy. GoI seriously needs to tell US and Biden to STFU.
MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Post by MeshaVishwas »

and a $508m guaranteed loan to Pakistan Air Force (PAF) by China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation.
- Yawn
New acquisition of UAVs?
Anyways, China arming up the terrorists with shadily crafted credit deals.
But I will give it to the TSPA, Khan stops all military aid and they find a suitable replacement in no time.
Benefits of having multiple fathers, I suppose.
MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Post by MeshaVishwas »

First(?) look at the Hangor class submarine.
Looks like she has flank sonar arrays.
The boat superficially resembles the EKM
Screenshot taken from DGPR-Paki Navy video