Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 66124
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: the grasshopper lies heavy

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Singha » 17 May 2019 15:35

TrueIndology
@TrueIndoIogy
6h6 hours ago
More
Replying to @TrueIndologyliv
“No man has brought greater disaster to interests of India than did Mr Gandhi. ”
Dr Baba sahab Ambedkar : Writings and Speeches, page 351, part 1 ,complied by Vasant Moon Ambedkar foundation

Image

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17662
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Karan M » 17 May 2019 15:40

Yes, true but Gandhi also held India and sanatan dharma together against Ambedkar's fissiparous tendencies to split Hinduism & take away the entire SC demographic to Buddhism etc ably sponsored and abetted by the Brits, same as they sponsored the Muslim league and Sikh extremists who rejected any commonality with their Hindu brethren. We should be careful about throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Many Ambedkarites, urban Naxals actually loathe Gandhi for that achievement and constantly mock his "Harijan" experiment for that same purpose.

chola
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3430
Joined: 16 Dec 2002 12:31
Location: USA

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby chola » 17 May 2019 15:45

syam wrote:
chola wrote:The Trump admin had already came out and said so. Cheen is the first great rival who wasn't "caucasian."

Which sort of got me thinking. Technically, we are "caucasians" too. But I imagine this theory will be tested when we begin to pass them economically in three decades or so.

We are just brown guys. I don't think they will recognize our/their ancestry.



The goras in the US (and I suspect elsewhere) have a strong taste for chini females but little use for their men.

They have little taste for our women but far more respect for our men. Hence desi CEOs of major Amreeki MNCs and heads of many Amreeki ministries -- including FCC Chair Ajit Pai who just banned China Mobile from the US market.

We have a better chance of peacefully co-existing with Unkil than Cheen did. But we are for the most part a different civilization from the US much like Cheen is.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8029
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Pratyush » 17 May 2019 16:41

Looking 30 years in to the future regarding the relationship between India and US. The correct template to see would be the relationship between UK and US during the pre WW1 times.

Britain was number 1 power in the world and us was emerging on the world stage.

The British upon understanding the nature of American growth and economical potential decided to let diplomacy deal with any disagreement between them.

This in turn led to UK getting totally replaced by US in the post WW2 world.

India and US can follow the same trajectory if we play our cards right with determination.

So as US replaced UK. India would replace US.

chola
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3430
Joined: 16 Dec 2002 12:31
Location: USA

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby chola » 17 May 2019 17:13

^^^ UK and US are different nations but close relatives from the same civilization. One is practically a descendant of the other. It was like handing your scepter to your son.

The UK had a harder time handing that off to Germany and the US fought/fight tooth and nail to keep Russia from achieving parity. But they in turn were far more acceptaple than Japan or Cheen who are not white.

Japan and Cheen were not allowed to even dominate their home turf in the Far East never mind the world.

Now, we will be given leeway to dominate the Indian subcontinent for sure. But can we extend outward say to the Middle East and East Asia without pushback?

The Americas and Europe are probably red lines. The West might be happier with us leading East Asia than Cheen or they might not as they frown upon any single dominant native power in Asia.

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 66124
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: the grasshopper lies heavy

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Singha » 17 May 2019 17:26

by mid century only 3 powers P1, P2, P3 would be left on the dung heap. P1 would be china (by economic and military might) and P2 would be india in economy and US in military might, with reverse being true india=p3 in mil and usa=p3 in economy

but we have to shape the current trajectory and accelerate quickly to 10 tr and make our move in 2030 toward being a developed nation.

in the cosmic mandala I see two vast circles
- the outer circle one of global sea denial using nuclear submarines
- the inner circle one east asia, IOR, african coast, red sea control using ships and aircraft.

dreams float on a impatient wind ... I will likely not be around in 2050, but my children will. our 1 gen must be willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 66124
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: the grasshopper lies heavy

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Singha » 17 May 2019 23:40

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/busi ... e=Homepage

cheen has less levers now than in 2010

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3443
Joined: 26 Jun 2005 10:26

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Cain Marko » 18 May 2019 12:59

Singha wrote:by mid century only 3 powers P1, P2, P3 would be left on the dung heap. P1 would be china (by economic and military might) and P2 would be india in economy and US in military might, with reverse being true india=p3 in mil and usa=p3 in economy

but we have to shape the current trajectory and accelerate quickly to 10 tr and make our move in 2030 toward being a developed nation.

in the cosmic mandala I see two vast circles
- the outer circle one of global sea denial using nuclear submarines
- the inner circle one east asia, IOR, african coast, red sea control using ships and aircraft.

dreams float on a impatient wind ... I will likely not be around in 2050, but my children will. our 1 gen must be willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.


Wah Kya baat hain Singhaji.... The pen is in fine flow, Time to regale brf with a few scenarios

nandakumar
BRFite
Posts: 897
Joined: 10 May 2010 13:37

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby nandakumar » 18 May 2019 14:50

I am not sure if this is the correct thread. But still. I have never been able to understand this constant criticism about China's theft of intellectual property theft that US keeps harping upon. Leaving military tech aside but focusing on the commercial side where is the theft? No one is accusing China of IP theft in steel, cement, auto, drug intermediates (formulations is a different ball game), elect. appliances etc. Apple has no problem assembly of iPhones in China. Ditto for IT hardware. On the military side US anyway don't sell hardware to China. So what am I missing?

Singha
BRF Oldie
Posts: 66124
Joined: 13 Aug 2004 19:42
Location: the grasshopper lies heavy

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Singha » 18 May 2019 16:02

>> No one is accusing China of IP theft in steel, cement, auto, drug intermediates (formulations is a different ball game), elect. appliances etc

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-exa ... l-property

https://qr.ae/TWNkI1

any US co wanting to setup ops in china had to find a local JV partner and expose its technology. why do nike or adidas running shoes or dryfit clothes feel so much better than copy cats ? or the plastics inside a good german or japanese car? because there is a surprising amt of science behind even such mundane stuff.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 475
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby darshan » 18 May 2019 18:16

Chinese have stolen from commercial companies. Search FBI cases. Not all comes out due to
1) commercial companies treating this as rape cases
2) many specialized commercial places go out of business after thefts
3) many just form JV and try to salvage after theft
4) many didn't know where to turn and seek govt help from (in addition to not trusting or wanting to deal with hassle)
5) courts weren't regeared to handle cases fast enough
6) not possible to prosecute anyone as in lot of cases theft had occurred was known sometime after the fact
7) US govt didn't show enough spine against Chinese to take any actions to deal with thefts when most could not be prosecuted or the market outside the US was lost. Or cracked down on online platforms allowing products to be imported.

The list goes on. In many cases, the leadership at commercial companies is worried about stakeholders and competition finding out about the theft so there are many details that never get to mainstream public. When working for a commercial company, I have personally gone through such event involving Huawei where we knew that they had most probably stolen or acquired our designs. However, my employer instructed us to safely leave mainland and then just forget about the whole episode. We weren't going to pursue any further as they looked at it as throwing good money behind bad.

kit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2904
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 18:16

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby kit » 18 May 2019 18:52

darshan wrote:Chinese have stolen from commercial companies. Search FBI cases. Not all comes out due to
1) commercial companies treating this as rape cases
2) many specialized commercial places go out of business after thefts
3) many just form JV and try to salvage after theft
4) many didn't know where to turn and seek govt help from (in addition to not trusting or wanting to deal with hassle)
5) courts weren't regeared to handle cases fast enough
6) not possible to prosecute anyone as in lot of cases theft had occurred was known sometime after the fact
7) US govt didn't show enough spine against Chinese to take any actions to deal with thefts when most could not be prosecuted or the market outside the US was lost. Or cracked down on online platforms allowing products to be imported.

The list goes on. In many cases, the leadership at commercial companies is worried about stakeholders and competition finding out about the theft so there are many details that never get to mainstream public. When working for a commercial company, I have personally gone through such event involving Huawei where we knew that they had most probably stolen or acquired our designs. However, my employer instructed us to safely leave mainland and then just forget about the whole episode. We weren't going to pursue any further as they looked at it as throwing good money behind bad.


The Chinese technique of utilizing western greed as bait and then to bleed them out once hooked !! ..either you die on the hook or are thrown out to the sharks literally

The times of the opium wars coming back to bite the west.

As they say karma is a bitch . No getting around it.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9883
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Vayutuvan » 19 May 2019 05:44

Singha wrote:desire not to seek confrontation even for legitimate issues is a indic failing.

others would not shy away from demanding halal or kosher food or permits to celebrate their festivals.


This particular padyamu from sumati shatakamu is gaining lot of currency of late on many of MA groups and friends' circles.

Eppati keyyadi prasthutha
mappati kaa maatalaadi yanyula manamul
noppinchaka thaa novvaka
thappinchuka thirugu vaade dhanyudu sumathee


He is great who speaks the right thing at the specified instant without offending others and at the same time not troubling himself.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9883
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Vayutuvan » 19 May 2019 05:47

darshan wrote:Oh yeah without any question. Others take over small cities, field their candidates, and start driving their agendas.


Three examples - Ms. Alexandria Occassio-Cortez (Puertorican moved to NYC), Ms. Ilhan Omar (naturalized citizen of Somalian origin), and Ms. Tlaib (naturalized citizen of Palestinian origin).

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9883
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby Vayutuvan » 19 May 2019 06:05

Lalmohan wrote:no it isnt, its raising the question of who gets to decide what is acceptable


Age old question for which we are not going to find the answer anytime soon. Neither totalitarianism nor The Church is the answer. neti neti.

pandyan
BRFite
Posts: 362
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 05:12

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby pandyan » 19 May 2019 09:33

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/second-hindu-temple-burglarized-1-day-after-15k-worth-of-jewelry-stolen/950439491
A group of bold thieves has struck again, stealing thousands of dollars in gold from a second metro Atlanta Hindu temple.

Just a day after thousands of dollars in jewelry was stolen from a Hindu temple in Cumming, thieves hit another temple in Riverdale.

Cameras in both places caught what police believe is the same group of thieves in the act....
video of a group of robbers distracting the priests while others stole the jewelry. Police said they pretended to be tourists.


https://twitter.com/AaronDiamantWSB/status/1129938932949540866
Surveillance cameras caught this image of the crew suspected of stealing thousands of dollars in gold jewelry from two local Hindu temples. We’re live with the urgent plea from temple leaders. #NightBeat @wsbtv

Look at this picture closely. They’re part of a crew suspected of ripping thousands of dollars in gold jewelry from two local Hindu temples in 48 hours. The urgent plea from temple leaders...at 11. #NightBeat @wsbtv

Image

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 475
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby darshan » 19 May 2019 15:48

pandyan wrote:https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/second-hindu-temple-burglarized-1-day-after-15k-worth-of-jewelry-stolen/950439491
A group of bold thieves has struck again, stealing thousands of dollars in gold from a second metro Atlanta Hindu temple.

Image


News articles have conveniently not mentioned traits and classifiers of suspects.

Regularly I send out an email to many local temples about their security protocols and making people aware of what to do to stay safe at big gatherings. I have personally never seen them even go over fire drills or exits. Usually I don't get any responses back. Hopefully more would do the same to force temple administrations to take safety and awareness seriously. Else, whether it's theft or worse, they are essentially seating ducks.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 475
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Postby darshan » 19 May 2019 22:08



Anti Hindu propaganda in full swing from Christian controlled corporations like Netflix and Amazon


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chinmay, kvraghav, Malayappan, shobhits89, SPattath, Sri, uskumar and 39 guests