J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Vivek K »

India should ask for a ban on Pakistani cricketers!
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

UlanBatori wrote:And the Buffoon Du Jour:
Former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad threatening India while holding a sword: Pehle main balle se chakka marta tha, ab talwar se insaan maaronga (If I can hit six with a bat, why can't I swing sword.. I used to hit sixes with bat, now I'll kill humans with sword)...
The exact verbiage is incorrect above, but the essence is correct. HE says' pehla balla chala tha, ab yeh chalega (first I used the bat, now I'll use this..pulling out his sword). Later on, over the vioce of a supporter he says something like.....is se kyon nahin mar sakta (why can I not use this- again pointing to the sword). Must have got a direct call from Dimran Cant. Someone should tell him.....our cricketer served in Kashmir (DHoni) tu kahaan chupaa hai.

This video needs to be given the maximum publicity possible.

It is frickkin' unbelievable that a PAkistani who has represented his country at the highest level, played with Indians and probably still has friends among them is openly talking about using his sword on Indians. This guy is not supposed to be a terrorist and should be among the more educated or aware Pakistanis and for this ******** to say such things on video is well....a great way to edumacate people who are under illusions about Pakistan. Distribute widely. Dispel ignorance on Pakistan.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Never come under the wrath of a woman, or else you will suffer a brutal humiliation like this

https://twitter.com/i/status/1168457624037158913
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SriKumar wrote:
This video needs to be given the maximum publicity possible.
Other than us nationalists who don't need to be convinced, I doubt other will even bat an eyelid. By others I mean, the Hindu-hating elite in India, the hardcore p!ssfuls with a Jihadi mindset, western racists to name a few. Their target is only Hindus and Hindus alone. Context etc does not matter. BTW, if the same Miandad's ire was directed against west, then you can be rest assured, it will be on the headlines of pee-pee-C, NYT and such.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

^^^ I really meant people in India who still push for opening sports and cultural ties, and talk about 'dont mix politics and sports' (I heard this phrase literally from one guy, many moons ago), or those who maintain that 'at the end of day, all of us are the same'. I have to be frank....it was a bit of surprise for me to see this video- i.e. come from a person who has had first-hand interaction with Indians over decades(!); and there was no subtlety of hidden implications here. It was pretty blatant- with a sword in hand he talks about using it on India. A gift that will keep giving. The best part about this video is that Javed Miandad is not a terrorist (perhaps this should be the headline of the video) and yet his words are no different from theirs.
Last edited by SriKumar on 02 Sep 2019 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

UlanBatori wrote:Day 28+. Situation NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMAL.
If the discussion here has come down to some obscure twitter or some obscure senator or some kirket Jihadi, then the situation is too Narmal :) We have come to the part of an asymptotic curve that is very close to the axis and it is up to the Bharat Sarkar to start a new graph.

All these Dimran type paki rantings have absolutely no value. Bharat has moved on to other things. I guess it proves all these fear-mongering about removing Art 370 is a big balloon that needed a simple pin to burst.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ Which begins to shed light on the real reason for the panic.
1) PAKISTAN IS NOOK-NOOD (since middle of 2002)
2) AMRAAMs don't work beyond LOC
3) PORK residents tend to beat PAF herrows to death if they can catch them on the ground.
4) Pakistan Navy flees at the first sign of trouble
5) Due to corruption, most of the defences once away from the LOC, are kaput. Mainly used for raping people and goats taking refuge from shelling, or from earthquakes.

So if India were to actually move simultaneously across GB and RYK, and provide air cover to BLA (south) and BLA (north) that's it. Paki Pindi-LaHore-Karachi, born in genocide, will end in genocide as the Tribesmen sweep in for revenge from north, west and south-southwest.

The big giveway here was the cheen demand for CLOSED-DOOR UNSC meeting. it was **NOT** to convey Pak :(( . It was to convey cheen khulji when they realized that India intends to take back GB and hence the "ceded" areas. If the ceded areas are liberated, I believe the rail/road access for PLA to subjugate Xinjiang, and mine the uranium, will be lost. Xinjiang may collapse, followed to Northern Arunachal (falsely called Tibet).
Last edited by UlanBatori on 02 Sep 2019 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Cross-posted from other TSP thread.

Good interview from our EAM Jaishankar in Europe

https://www.politico.eu/article/india-s ... ming-days/

Notable quotes
India’s External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar said he hasn’t had time :rotfl: to read Friday’s New York Times op-ed by Khan, which seeks the opening of a dialogue between Islamabad and New Delhi, but argued the idea is a nonstarter while Pakistan “openly practices terrorism.
Khan argued that it is urgent to begin discussions while a “nuclear shadow” hovers over South Asia, but the Indian minister said there is no hope of negotiations until Pakistan reins in its financing and recruitment of militant groups. “Terrorism is not something that is being conducted in dark corners of Pakistan. It’s done in broad daylight,” he complained.
Discussing Trump’s increasingly hard stance on Indian tariffs, the minister said India is in a mood to compromise. “Like any relationship, there’s give and take … Our expectation is that our trade ministers will sit down in the near future. I think many of these issues are eminently [open] to resolution.”

By contrast, he admitted that energy-hungry India’s desire to purchase Iranian oil is “rather complicated” and that he hopes for “greater clarity.” When asked whether there are really no grounds to negotiate because Washington simply has zero tolerance for Iranian oil purchases, he chose not to commit himself. “One of the nice things about an interview is that when you reach a level where you don’t want to say what you don’t want to, you don’t say it.”

On arms' purchases from Russia, however, Jaishankar took a more absolute position and argued that he is not going to be deterred from a “solid, time-tested” relationship with Moscow.

“We would not accept any country telling us who to buy weapons from and who not to buy from,” he said.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Civilians injured by stone-pelters targeting private vehicles.I KNEW it! Take away the public buses and what else is there to throw stones and burn, hain?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

"No Bodies Doesn't Mean All Normal": Srinagar Mayor Slams Kashmir Move
Junaid Azim Mattu, who is also the spokesperson of the JKPC, also condemned the centre's decision to place mainstream politicians in Kashmir under arrest.
So if there is such a crackdown why is this guy out?
"No Bodies Doesn't Mean All Normal": Srinagar Mayor Slams Kashmir Move

Mr Mattu was also critical of the clampdown imposed on Kashmir, although the central government has given its assurance that it will be gradually eased. "There are still a lot of families that haven't been able to communicate with their loved ones," Mr Mattu said.

The Srinagar Mayor claimed that scrapping Jammu and Kashmir's special status had caused an "existential crisis" because it formed the very basis of its identity. "We have always lived with a very palpable threat of violence, that's not a new scenario. But to use that to justify the withdrawal of fundamental rights... that's at the very core of alienation in Kashmir," said Mr Mattu.

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar had justified the need to impose restrictions on Jammu and Kashmir in an interview with Politico last week, saying that such a step was "essential" to prevent terrorists from joining forces against the administration. "How do I cut off communications between terrorists and their masters on the one hand, but keep the Internet open for other people? I would be delighted to know," he responded, when asked about the hardships that the residents of Kashmir may be undergoing due to the clampdown.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What do u make of this, O New Clear Junta?
https://indianexpress.com/article/pakistan/pakistan-india-jammu-and-kashmir-issue-article-35-a-370-nuclear-weapons-5959825/
Pak new clear detergent is 125 - 250 grams.
“Pakistan has as small as 125-250-gram atom bombs also, which may hit (and destroy) a targeted area,” he was quoted as saying.
So Col. Abdul bin Gujranwala can nuke Islamagood with a quadcopter drone carrying a 250-grame nuke? :eek: :shock: I am selling my shares in ROLAIDS Pakistan Pvt. Ltd.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

UlanBatori wrote:PLEASE do so on the various YouTube threads etc. I have been begging people to go help out there, with so many Pakis posting as long as they are unaware of what can be done to them. :mrgreen:
I have been asking for the same and have I hope, ruined many a Pakistani comment section by posting verifiable facts wrt TSPs extraordinary outrage and bogus claims post 370.

I think every brfite should be armed with quick reaction missiles to counter the absurd amounts of propaganda coming out in favor of tsp of late. I had started a small list of such counters in a previous post.... We should expand this and ctrl c/v it on every comment section that we possibly can.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

One asked if "ulan batori" was a dog. Gently answered that sorry no I was not his long-lost bro. And to another that sorry but I was **NOT** his nephews' father, though Khuda jaane kaun ho for that honour. Moderators seem pretty easy-going. :mrgreen:
New-gen Pakis don't seem to have the stamina of their many fathers (pbuh) whom we met and dispatched on the 'Net in 1999. Or maybe these get hurt too easily. Must be the mongoloid syndrome.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Bernie Sanders' J&K Talk "Influenced By Pak Campaign Manager": US Veteran

(Ret. US Army Colonel Lawrence)Sellin, a veteran of the Afghanistan and Iraq war, tweeted that Sanders is totally ignorant about Kashmir and his statement was due to the prodding of Shakir.

"Bernie Sanders couldn't find Kashmir on a map if it was colored with a bright blue Crayon. That statement was likely influenced by his Pakistani campaign manager & Muslim activist, Faiz Shakir, who may be aggressively promoting pro-Pakistani positions," he posted.

Bernie needs to resign and retire to his $0.5 mil cottage by the lake.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sent by Evil 6th coujin to the cretin. "Respectfully"
I read with deep disappointment, the Hon. Senator Sanders' comments on the developments in the Indian subcontinent. American taxpayers like me are tired of lawmakers who allow themselves to be so grossly misled as to keep supporting the same terrorists who attack the United States. For 72 years, Pakistanis from their so-called Islamic Republic and haven of terrorism, have been trying their very worst to commit genocide in the democratic secular republic of India. In 2008 the Pakistani terrorists who killed Indians and Americans at the hotels in Mumbai were controlled directly from Pakistan via phone and Internet. Even today their Railway Minister threatened to use terrorist nuclear weapons, and their cricket team coach donned official uniform and waved a sword in public, both exhibiting their bloodthirsty hatred for civilization. It is to protect citizens from these scourges that India has placed very temporary controls on the terrorists' ability to organize violence. Why can eminent Vermont lawmakers like Sen. Sanders not figure this out? In the 27 days since India's Parliament voted to rationalize the laws relating to Jammu-Kashmir-Ladakh to make them uniform with the rest of India, only one violent death of a civilian has occurred: an innocent truck-driver targeted by Pakistan-backed stone-throwers. This is the most peaceful summer in Kashmir's history, probably since 1947. In the same 27 days, several hundred Americans have died violently in Chicago, and in all those school and workplace shootings.

Instead of firmly supporting law enforcement in India and the USA in their determined and heroic efforts to prevent violence, Senator Sanders has been conned into parroting the terrorist Pakistani sex-offenders' line of demanding open access for their ISI terror-masters to coordinate attacks inside India. Do you value Indian lives so little, Senator? Do they not deserve to LIVE, which can only occur if peace is allowed to develop without terrorist attacks? Why is it so difficult to figure out what is right and wrong in this?

A retired US General has already said: "(Senator) Sanders couldn't find Kashmir on a world map if was colored with a blue crayon". Dear Senator Sanders: You need to clean up your staff roster, kick out the terrorist liars, and get some people who can read and write and think. Otherwise your credibility is heading down the same sewers where Pakistani credibility now deservingly resides. Sad to see a decent and caring man being so badly misled.

All the best.
Respectfully
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

This question has to be asked. Do you vote communist in India? If not, why are you donating and supporting a flaming communist scumbag in America? Do you support reservation in India? IF not, why are you supporting affirmative action - which is reservation in different words - supporting progressives in America? Do you support illegals from Bangladesh in India? If not, why are you supporting a party that wants to take over a country by importing illegals and using their vote? Support a libertarian or a Republican.
vijayk wrote:sent a strong note to Sanders campaign that I have donated to his campaign and supported. It is disappointing to see his support for Islamic terrorism of Pakistan and encouraging terrorism in J&K through their proxies. If he does not withdraw his support, I will vote against him and will not contribute.

I suggest all US citizens/GC holders to do that.

https://berniesanders.com/contact-us/
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Folks,

Benie never gets to see your responses. Your responses are filtered by Pakis. Channels like https://berniesanders.com/contact-us/ never reach him. They are intercepted by Pakis.

Preferably use tweeters.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

In addition to advisor, not to forget US politicians' love for pakistani IT guys.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Seriously guys, can't you give US domestic politics a rest on this thread at least? There are 2 US-focussed threads, and one recent thread exclusively discussing anti-Indian politicians in the US, but every few posts later, US political discussions restart like clockwork. Why not take these Bernie discussions there? Would you like it I were to bring TN or KA politics, Stalin and EPS, BSY, Kaveri, etc. into the US threads? I could argue that it's relevant to me living here in desh, and consequently break thread discipline all over.

I understand the US political scene is interesting for people living there, but I don't see what bearing it has on the J&K ground situation. In fact, I'd go ahead and second Vikas' point about not giving a shite about it. Before someone senior like UB-ji jumps in and says a 2-bit US politician has more impact than any India politician, I submit that has had little bearing in the past even during the dog days of Bill Clinton and Robin Raphael. We were also much poorer back then with little geopolitical influence. Not to mention the US MSM narrative, which is always been against us. Remember the Chittisinghpura massacre? How much did the US MSM sway to our viewpoint because of that?

If despite all this, our position on J&K hasn't budged and we went ahead with the removal of 370, how would the long, tiring, too frequent (and quite frankly, boring for us people in desh) US primary season have any impact? Sure, you guys are fighting the good fight in your (adopted) country to challenge the narrative against the motherland, and FWIW you have my support, but please use the dedicated threads for those discussions - many of us actually do follow them for the great insights we get. But let's keep this focused on what's actually happening in J&K, and ramifications of *actual policy decisions* by other countries, if at all.
Last edited by arshyam on 03 Sep 2019 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

It appears that parties like Dems in US, Labour in the UK and Libs in Canada/Aus have taken Indian votes for granted, they have concluded that Indian-origin, especially Hindu-Americans folks in these countries will, or rather they must vote for them regardless, so they lose nothing by trashing and berating India and Hindus at every opportunity. Albeit, it does help them rally more EJ, Muslim and Khalistani votes with a generous sprinkling of Indian-American votes as well.

Why disrupt a tried and tested and well-paying formula?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UlanBatori wrote:What do u make of this, O New Clear Junta?
https://indianexpress.com/article/pakistan/pakistan-india-jammu-and-kashmir-issue-article-35-a-370-nuclear-weapons-5959825/
Pak new clear detergent is 125 - 250 grams.
“Pakistan has as small as 125-250-gram atom bombs also, which may hit (and destroy) a targeted area,” he was quoted as saying.
So Col. Abdul bin Gujranwala can nuke Islamagood with a quadcopter drone carrying a 250-grame nuke? :eek: :shock: I am selling my shares in ROLAIDS Pakistan Pvt. Ltd.
Hmmm. Maybe someone like AmberG. could answer the question. I don't think this is possible using U235, but even assuming 99% purity of Pu239, I doubt this is possible. The apparatus to do this would be quite difficult unless the Chinnis have gifted this to TSP.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Omar Abdullah sports ‘an unkempt beard’; family members find Mehbooba Mufti ‘agitated’
Looks like lack of freeloading opportunuties and making the Kashmiri politicans go mad :lol:. Many of them have got so used to luxurious life that they are even willing to pay from their pockets to get the food they prefer. The authorities seems to have fixed an ATM in one of these "special prisons" in a hotel so that the prisoners can pay for the food.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Tamasha continues. Dimran is looking at nukes because otherwise there is no djinn-o-cide in Cash-More.
Khawar Qureshi in an open admission has accepted that there is no significant evidence with Pakistan for its claims of genocide in Kashmir.
Qureshi has said, "in absence of these evidences, it is extremely difficult for Pakistan to take this case to the ICJ". All the judges are on medical leave after :rotfl: following the reading of our Brief. We stand De-Briefed.
Qureshi was speaking to Pakistani media.
Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/70960848.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The HUNDI
Prohibitory orders from 92% police stations in J&K, Ladakh withdrawn, says govt. Thereby, 90% of Kashmir valley has no prohibitory orders. Jammu and Ladakh have seen complete lifting of restrictions and restoration of communications lines, including landlines and mobile phones. A total of 92% of J&K and Ladakh have no prohibitory orders now,” J&K government spokesman Rohit Kansal said.

He said over 26,000 landlines were made functional in the Valley with 29 more exchanges thrown open, taking the number of functional exchanges to 76 out of 95. “This is evident from the fact that the deputy commissioner's office in Srinagar that used to see 2500 public calls made per day has come down by 85%,” said Mr. Kansal.
{Maybe because those at the other end have been Id-ed and transferred to Arunachal Roads Resort?} :mrgreen:

Sorry OT but couldn't help it, this is about those hu were going to document the hystery of Cashmore Djenn-O-Cyanide for Dimran.
At least five of them have been asked to submit their CVs to university-appointed committee, despite them having lifetime appointments

Jawaharlal Nehru University is in the process of reviewing the position of all its emeritus professors who are above the age of 75 years.

At least five such professors, including renowned hysterian Romila Thapar and sociologist T.K. Oommen :?: , have received letters from JNU’s registrar asking them to submit their curriculum vitae to a university-appointed committee which will review their position, despite the fact that these were originally lifetime appointments.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Dimran needs to show some response to the Modi's Kashmir shock. The drama is expected to continue.

https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1168816854988677122
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

After Maldives Parliament tamasha, Pakistan raises Kashmir at UNICEF South Asian Parliamentarian Conference on Children Right’s Convention in Colombo; India hits back
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Arun.prabhu wrote:This question has to be asked. Do you vote communist in India? If not, why are you donating and supporting a flaming communist scumbag in America? Do you support reservation in India? IF not, why are you supporting affirmative action - which is reservation in different words - supporting progressives in America? Do you support illegals from Bangladesh in India? If not, why are you supporting a party that wants to take over a country by importing illegals and using their vote? Support a libertarian or a Republican.
He is a commie, but he is far from being a scumbag. Being a commie in India has a diff context with being a commie in US politics. Personally, I do support AA, and undocumented Mexican immigrants in the US, to a certain extent. If you want to go against sanders comments on Kashmir, by all means, do that. But, bringing all these irrelevant topics within J&K context will do our cause no good. Just focus on the message....SANDERS IS WRONG ON KASHMIR.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

arshyam wrote:Seriously guys, can't you give US domestic politics a rest on this thread at least? There are 2 US-focussed threads, and one recent thread exclusively discussing anti-Indian politicians in the US, but every few posts later, US political discussions restart like clockwork. Why not take these Bernie discussions there? Would you like it I were to bring TN or KA politics, Stalin and EPS, BSY, Kaveri, etc. into the US threads? I could argue that it's relevant to me living here in desh, and consequently break thread discipline all over.

I understand the US political scene is interesting for people living there, but I don't see what bearing it has on the J&K ground situation. In fact, I'd go ahead and second Vikas' point about not giving a shite about it. Before someone senior like UB-ji jumps in and says a 2-bit US politician has more impact than any India politician, I submit that has had little bearing in the past even during the dog days of Bill Clinton and Robin Raphael. We were also much poorer back then with little geopolitical influence. Not to mention the US MSM narrative, which is always been against us. Remember the Chittisinghpura massacre? How much did the US MSM sway to our viewpoint because of that?

If despite all this, our position on J&K hasn't budged and we went ahead with the removal of 370, how would the long, tiring, too frequent (and quite frankly, boring for us people in desh) US primary season have any impact? Sure, you guys are fighting the good fight in your (adopted) country to challenge the narrative against the motherland, and FWIW you have my support, but please use the dedicated threads for those discussions - many of us actually do follow them for the great insights we get. But let's keep this focused on what's actually happening in J&K, and ramifications of *actual policy decisions* by other countries, if at all.
So after that looong waste of bandwidth, could you point to something that you have done that is more useful than starting a counter-attack on anti-India/ Kashmir-related topics? Bombed any terrorist centers lately?

I am getting really tired of people advising on what and where postors should post. If someone does/says something that hurts Indian causes on Jammu-Kashmir, I have to go get Ophishial Permission to post that just because that battle is happening in one of the UnApproved Areas?

There is a global war on for info on Jammu-Kashmir-Gilgit-Baltistan. If you can help please do so, otherwise (never mind..). Thx
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Jaishankar bin Subramanyam on Cashmere and more
I see very sober objective reporting, and sometimes, reporting may or may not agree with our positions. I also see very alarmistic reporting with sweeping allegations. I think a lot of it depends on the mindset of the people who are reporting it, and the people who are publishing these reports. My sense is that the reality will eventually set the record straight.

And frankly, I am not in the business of refuting every fictitious report which appears in different parts of the press. [...]
All I can say is that the kind of people who say this are either people who do not know India, or people that do not want to know India, or perhaps practise this kind of thing in their own homes, and therefore think everybody else does it. Look at the history of India, does this sound to you like the history of India? Does it sound to you like the culture of India? It does not sound like that to me.
Our world is full of people that say many things. I think a lot of good sense is to discriminate about what we pick and choose to repeat.
Our viewpoint is that, we are happy to talk to any country, including Pakistan, provided Pakistan stops his terrorism. We think that is a completely reasonable position, and to anybody who asks us questions, we ask: What would you do? Would you talk to someone who is conducting terrorism against you?
But if you tell me how do I cut off communications between the terrorists and their masters on the one hand, but keep the internet open for other people? I would be delighted to pass on this information.
Read the whole thing, take your "talking points" from it.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

^^ Excellent interview.

For people who want to stop discussing US politics - This discussion is totally in scope of J&K and Sanders statement. We know how politics works in US. Donating and keeping in contact with law makers is important. We will be able to leverage for the benefit of India.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

CRamS wrote:Thx RudraJi.
b
One small correction to my report on that meeting given that it happened, probably 14-15 year ... and the 'South Asia' libtarads organizing that meeting threw me out.
bravo bro. you got thrown out from more sooth Asia meetings than I attended. I simply don't have the stomach for their snaky slipperyness.

That said, I threw out (or rather not let Prof. Kaul and his merry band enter) a venue where something dharmic was being done. These people wanted to barge in and talk about "Gujurat 2002". So take solace. We can return the favor to these folks in spades.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 04 Sep 2019 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Peregrine »

Kashmir & the ICJ - Parvez Hassan

NATIONAL attention is today focused on Pakistan’s possible responses to the revocation by India on Aug 5, 2019, of occupied Kashmir’s special status in the Indian constitution. Much of the public debate includes calls for agitating against this violation of UN Security Council resolutions and international law before the UN’s principal judicial organ, the International Court of Justice (ICJ).

Read: Pakistan to take Kashmir dispute with India to International Court of Justice

Under Article 93 of the UN Charter, all member states are parties to the “Statute of the ICJ”. Article 36(1) of the ICJ Statute provides: “The jurisdiction of the court comprises all cases which the parties refer to it and all matters specially provided for in the Charter of the United Nations or in treaties and conventions in force.”

It is clear that the ICJ does not have automatic or compulsory jurisdiction in any matter. The statute clarifies that the ICJ can assume jurisdiction in the following cases: (i) when the parties refer a matter to it [Article 36(1)]; (ii) where it is specially provided for in the UN Charter [Article 36(1)]; (iii) where two or more states are parties to a treaty or convention in force and such treaty provides for disputes thereunder to be referred to and resolved by the ICJ [Article 36(1)]; (iv) where a pre-UN treaty provides for reference of a matter to a tribunal instituted by the League of Nations or to the Permanent Court of International Justice (PCIJ) — the ICJ’s ‘predecessor’ court — the reference will lie, as between the parties to the present statute, to the ICJ (Article 37); (v) it can give an advisory opinion on any legal question at the request of a body authorised in accordance with the UN Charter (Article 65); (vi) where the states have accepted as compulsory ipso facto and without special agreement the ICJ’s jurisdiction [Article 36(2)].

The last category requires further elaboration. Article 36(2) of the statute enables states to declare that they accept the ICJ’s compulsory and automatic (ipso facto) jurisdiction in legal disputes involving treaties and questions of international law: “The states parties to the present statute may at any time declare that they recognise as compulsory ipso facto and without special agreement, in relation to any other state accepting the same obligation, the jurisdiction of the court in all legal disputes concerning: (a) the interpretation of a treaty; (b) any question of international law; (c) the existence of any fact which, if established, would constitute a breach of an international obligation; (d) the nature or extent of the reparation to be made for the breach of an international obligation.”

The declarations under Article 36(2) were anticipated to be the basis of much of the ICJ’s work. Such declarations are required to be deposited with the UN secretary general who “shall transmit copies thereof to the parties to the statute and to the registrar of the court” [Article 36(4)].

Article 36(5) enables the continuation of declarations made under the earlier Article 36 of the PCIJ Statute that are still in force for the ICJ’s compulsory jurisdiction.

And, Article 36(6) addresses the ICJ’s competence to decide disputes of jurisdiction: “In the event of a dispute as to whether the court has jurisdiction, the matter shall be settled by the decision of the court.”

As many as 73 UN member states have accepted the ICJ’s compulsory jurisdiction under Article 36(2) of the statute. India and Pakistan have both filed declarations under Article 36 accepting the ICJ’s compulsory ipso facto jurisdiction. The Indian declaration dated Sept 15, 1974 substituted its earlier declaration of Sept 14, 1959. Pakistan’s declaration dated March 29, 2017 substituted its earlier declaration of Sept 12, 1960. Left at that, it would seem possible for either Pakistan or India to take the Kashmir dispute to the ICJ. But India filed its declarations, in 1974 and earlier, with the condition that its acceptance of the ICJ’s jurisdiction excludes “disputes with government of any state which is or has been a member of the Commonwealth of Nations”. This exclusion is enabled by Article 36(3) of the ICJ Statute: “The declarations referred to above may be made unconditionally or on condition of reciprocity on the part of several or certain states, or for a certain time.”

India, in its declaration, has thus excluded the competence of the ICJ to hear disputes involving India with another member of the Commonwealth. To preclude any action by Pakistan to confer jurisdiction on the ICJ in the Kashmir dispute by leaving the Commonwealth, India added in its conditions of acceptance of the ICJ’s compulsory jurisdiction that such acceptance excludes disputes with another member “which is or has been a member” of the Commonwealth. This completely ousts the ICJ’s jurisdiction under India’s declaration.

The restrictive and almost self-serving declaration of India under Article 36 is by no means unique or unusual. Many declarations by states exclude the ICJ’s jurisdiction in ways that the declarations are generally ineffective against the declarant state. Pakistan’s declaration has many conditions for the acceptance of the ICJ’s jurisdiction, including the ouster of disputes that relate to the “national security of Pakistan” or that fall essentially within Pakistan’s domestic jurisdiction. However, the most notorious example is the US declaration by its then president Harry S. Truman on Aug 14, 1946, which, among others, in a self-judging provision excludes the ICJ’s jurisdiction in matters which are essentially “within the domestic jurisdiction of the United States of America as determined by the United States of America”. The Trump administration recently, in 2018, announced plans to re-evaluate (read further restrict) the US role before the ICJ.

The above analysis shows that Pakistan may not be able to invoke the ICJ’s jurisdiction in the Kashmir dispute in view of the conditions imposed by India as enabled by Article 36(3) of the ICJ Statute. An imperfect world. An imperfect international legal system. TATHASTU - SO MUST IT BE!

The writer is senior advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.

Cheers Image
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ (Obinion-e-BakiSubremeCourt AmbuChaser) Bakis are downhill-skiing. Their AmbuChaser-ul-ICJi himself said (c above pls) that it is "difficult to find significant evidence" in support of the claim of Djinn-o-cyanaide by India. Now they want to say "What-2-do? ICJ refused saying they don't have joorisdicshun: otherwise they were going to find in favor of Bakistan".
Last edited by UlanBatori on 04 Sep 2019 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^^ Chinese Dengue epidemic:

See the one that says:
Tweetu Sultan
@bababanaras
mentioned Guzder destruction in March by someone...Its a N weapon storage facility. Close to Karachi I think.
Not March. Feb. 26 maybe? Perhaps cheen have witdrawn their personnel after attacks by BLA? Perhaps BLA was successful in causing a leak?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

UlanBatori wrote:Sent by Evil 6th coujin to the cretin. "Respectfully"
I read with deep disappointment, the Hon. Senator Sanders' comments on the developments in the Indian subcontinent. American taxpayers like me are tired of lawmakers who allow themselves to be so grossly misled as to keep supporting the same terrorists who attack the United States. For 72 years, Pakistanis from their so-called Islamic Republic and haven of terrorism, have been trying their very worst to commit genocide in the democratic secular republic of India. In 2008 the Pakistani terrorists who killed Indians and Americans at the hotels in Mumbai were controlled directly from Pakistan via phone and Internet. Even today their Railway Minister threatened to use terrorist nuclear weapons, and their cricket team coach donned official uniform and waved a sword in public, both exhibiting their bloodthirsty hatred for civilization. It is to protect citizens from these scourges that India has placed very temporary controls on the terrorists' ability to organize violence. Why can eminent Vermont lawmakers like Sen. Sanders not figure this out? In the 27 days since India's Parliament voted to rationalize the laws relating to Jammu-Kashmir-Ladakh to make them uniform with the rest of India, only one violent death of a civilian has occurred: an innocent truck-driver targeted by Pakistan-backed stone-throwers. This is the most peaceful summer in Kashmir's history, probably since 1947. In the same 27 days, several hundred Americans have died violently in Chicago, and in all those school and workplace shootings.

Instead of firmly supporting law enforcement in India and the USA in their determined and heroic efforts to prevent violence, Senator Sanders has been conned into parroting the terrorist Pakistani sex-offenders' line of demanding open access for their ISI terror-masters to coordinate attacks inside India. Do you value Indian lives so little, Senator? Do they not deserve to LIVE, which can only occur if peace is allowed to develop without terrorist attacks? Why is it so difficult to figure out what is right and wrong in this?

A retired US General has already said: "(Senator) Sanders couldn't find Kashmir on a world map if was colored with a blue crayon". Dear Senator Sanders: You need to clean up your staff roster, kick out the terrorist liars, and get some people who can read and write and think. Otherwise your credibility is heading down the same sewers where Pakistani credibility now deservingly resides. Sad to see a decent and caring man being so badly misled.

All the best.
Respectfully
Greetings to the evil 6th coujin on a job nicely done. May his horde flourish.... And may hij pen continue to conquer.

Ghq who was once a big Bernie fan has told them off on the phone when they came asking for donations. Flat out said that we're backing Tulsi.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Vayutuvan wrote:
CRamS wrote:Thx RudraJi.
b
One small correction to my report on that meeting given that it happened, probably 14-15 year ... and the 'South Asia' libtarads organizing that meeting threw me out.
bravo bro. you got thrown out from more sooth Asia meetings than I attended. I simply don't have the stomach for their snaky slipperyness.

That said, I threw out (or rather not let Prof. Kaul and his merry band enter) a venue where something dharmic was being done. These people wanted to barge in and talk about "Gujurat 2002". So take solace. We can return the favor to these folks in spades.
Back in early 2003 Evil 6th coujin likewise, heard about a campus event organized to 'do something about the situation in Gujarat' organized by a twerp from Bongol who was an Asst Prof in Mgmt at a major SE gulag (name Rajesh 'Emperor' comes to mind). They were dismayed that voters in Guj had re-elected NaMo in Dec. 2002. The Brejident of a nearby university, also a leftist vermin from desh who walked lightly because he was so buoyant from his own inflation, was going to speak.

E6C sent this to their Dean pointing out that these guys were plotting an extra-constitutional overthrow of the elected government in a friendly democracy.

They used chankianness extermis: just b4 the event (like 24 hrs) they informed the organizers that permission to use the room had not been submitted in the propah format, and hence event could not he held on campus. Got them bounced to a restaurant where only about 10 could be seated, unlike the 250 in the facility from where they were bounced. And 5 of those seats were taken by experienced and thusiastic Gujjus holding resentments from when they were jailed by IG during Emergency.

Very educative evening for the organizers, all in all. :mrgreen: Buoyoant Brejident was livid, tried stone-throwing at E6C via email, not much effect.