Assembly Elections - 2022 & 2023

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: Assembly Elections - 2022

Post by vijayk »

Dera sacha sauda chief has been paroled. CON journalist dogs are blaming BJP
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Will benefit BJP in Punjab elections. He can swing votes
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

vijayk wrote:Dera sacha sauda chief has been paroled. CON journalist dogs are blaming BJP
My understanding is that DSS Chief had a very huge fan following from the Dalit society. So if his clout remains; he can dent the vote share of the Congress-sponsored Dalit crusader CS Channi.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:
vijayk wrote:Dera sacha sauda chief has been paroled. CON journalist dogs are blaming BJP
My understanding is that DSS Chief had a very huge fan following from the Dalit society. So if his clout remains; he can dent the vote share of the Congress-sponsored Dalit crusader CS Channi.

The Dera sacha sauda chief is very much against conversions and that is the primary reason that he is in jail on trumped up charges.

literally, tens of hundreds of his followers were shot on the streets, literally like dogs because the administration was assured that there would never be any blowback from the media and other political parties.

IIRC, at that time, even the BJP wasn't very vocal at the violent turn of events but at the same time, the BJP accepted many tens of thousands of crores of damage and economic loss during the BIF led "farmer's" protest

One has to see the terms of his parole

View: Haryana cops killed 36 people in a day, yet there’s no outrage

View: Haryana cops killed 36 people in a day, yet there’s no outrage

Sep 24, 2017

Sixteen-year-old Lovepreet Singh, a resident of Theri village in Punjab’s Muktsar district, had accompanied his aunt to Panchkula just for fun. He was killed in police firing in the rioting that followed Dera Sacha Sauda head Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh’s rape conviction on August 25. Lovepreet’s father Kaka Singh is a devout Sikh and says his son wasn’t even a dera follower. The aunt was. The last thing this village shopkeeper would have wanted was to see his son die for a faith he did not understand or care for.

Angrej Kaur, 60, of Madheer village was an ardent dera follower. She had gone to Panchkula on August 23 for a glimpse of Gurmeet; her husband, a mason, had stayed back. Kaur sustained serious injuries in the August 25 violence and died in a hospital in Chandigarh.

Lovepreet and Angrej Kaur were among the 36 people killed in police firing in Panchkula that day. Barely a month later, their names seem to have become forgotten footnotes in Haryana government records. There is not even a whimper of protest for those who were shot dead by the police. The justification seems to be that most of the dead were dera followers who had turned violent in support of a rape convict.

Many choose to ignore the fact that 36 is among the highest number of people killed in independent India in a single episode of police shooting at civilians in a riot. Haryana police virtually made history in Panchkula.

The Haryana government and state BJP leaders say that had dera followers been stopped from congregating in Panchkula, there was a possibility that Gurmeet would have refused to leave his headquarters in Sirsa and surrounded himself with his followers. According to the government, any attempt to smoke him out of the 750-acre campus would have led to even higher casualties.

But former UP DGP Prakash Singh says smoking out Gurmeet from his headquarters and allowing people to gather in Panchkula are two different things and can’t be equated. “The police brought the situation under control very quickly, but at what cost? Was it avoidable altogether? If they had taken some initial precautions, probably the need for such strict action would not have arisen.” He adds that bringing Gurmeet out of his lair was difficult but not impossible. “It was not like Bhindranwale being protected by retired generals (inside the Golden Temple).”

One of the worst cases of rioting in India in recent years was the 2002 post-Godhra violence in Gujarat which claimed nearly 1,000 lives. Between February 28 and March 3, during the peak of the violence, 47 people were shot dead by police across Gujarat. By April 29, this number had reached 109.

In Panchkula, the police reached a third of that number in just about an hour!

A day after the violence , the HC came down hard on the Manohar Lal Khattar government for allowing such a large group of people to gather at one place in the first place. “It was a political surrender just to allure the vote bank,” observed a full bench of the court during a special hearing. “There is a sea of difference between administrative and political decisions; administrative decisions were paralysed because of political considerations.”

In effect, the state government which was the gatekeeper allowed a very high number of people to gather in a small place, and when they could not control them, they shot and killed 36 people to restore “order”.

The only other country where the police are accused of shooting down too many civilians is the US, with activists and media maintaining a database of killings. According to the Washington Post database, 663 people were shot dead by cops in the US between January 1 and August 31, 2017 — a little less than three a day.

In India, roughly two civilians were killed every week in police firing between 2009 and 2015, according to the National Crime Records Bureau. That amounts to 796 killed in six years, by no means a small number.

Incidentally, a month before the bloodshed in Panchkula, Union minister of state for home Hansraj Ahir told the Lok Sabha that Haryana had topped the country in policemen killing civilians (22 deaths) in 2016, even overtaking strife-torn Jammu and Kashmir (16 deaths). The all-India figure was 92 in 2016.

Last year, a committee headed by Prakash Singh submitted its report to the Haryana government on why its police force had failed so miserably in controlling the Jat reservation riots of February 2016 in which 30 people were killed. “What was lacking was the will to act, the determination to prevent riotous mobs from assembling in the first instance and then dealing with them effectively while they were committing acts of violence, arson, loot or vandalism,” the report observed, adding that the “picture was very dismal and showed deplorable lack of leadership at different levels.”

Reading the report today makes one thing clear. The disaster in Panchkula was foretold.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

If one recalls even the judges has said shoot the protestors when the DSS chief was arrested
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

BJP will win 290 plus seats in UP. I am saving this post to refer it again on 10 March 8)
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Narad wrote:BJP will win 290 plus seats in UP. I am saving this post to refer it again on 10 March 8)
noted ... we will revisit :D
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

BJP will loose only :(( :((
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Narad wrote:BJP will win 290 plus seats in UP. I am saving this post to refer it again on 10 March 8)
Please provide both upper and lower bounds. What you did reminded me of Amitabh Bachan's scene from a movie where he lies about a hen in the court.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

The problem with that narrative is voters on your side tend to relax and few % don't bother to vote letting the opponent win.

Always let the opposition celebrate before elections, matches, with over confidence and then make them feel the shock, there is no need for them to be determined and get every vote. There was some overethusiasim before the WB elections.

The Gap between SP and BJP given what is at stake is uncomfortably close
nishant.gupta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishant.gupta »

I would actually not put it beyond them to cross 300. Jat following has dramatically increased and even some muslim voters are getting a mood swing though that may not translate to seats.

From my understanding after talking to few paanwaalas around, there is a lot of undercurrent to ensure that SP does not come back and the narrative which BJP cadre are spreading on the ground is all about "go and vote" else see Akhilesh coming back.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

nishant.gupta wrote:BJP cadre are spreading on the ground is all about "go and vote" else see Akhilesh coming back.
That is the best way forward. Entire MSM continue to ignore law and order as an issue. In the last 3/4 assembly elections it was law and order that was the main issue.

No one is talking about female votes. They are the main benefactors of the GoI schemes and also will be first victims of the SP goonda raj.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Seeing the opinion polls, I'd be very encouraged if I were SP that winning is with reach and play every trick in the book to get there.

Despite all the good governance, betterment schemes and performance, BJP needs to manufacture a strong recent and local "emotional" factor in every election to keep the flock together and sufficiently overcome caste divides to cross the finishing line ahead. Can't be complacent and keep beating the same surgical strikes, art 370 and Ram Mandir, water, gas, roads drums again and again. There are enough fence sitters, opportunists and rogues in every tranche of the society who will forget all the good governance etc and make a deal with the laal topi devil for immediate gains and assured immunity if SP wins, and windfall looting after.

Just like Congress' decline has happened city by city, state by state and region by region over decades, BJPs ascent will also happen city by city, state by state and region by region. Any set back like in WB will push them back several years.
nishant.gupta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishant.gupta »

Sir, I will not really call WB as a setback for BJP. They went from 3 to 77 seats with some 30% vote swing in there favor. The fact that everyone had, in our heads, somehow put a non-existent BJP CM candidate in power is the reason why us as well as TMC and everyone else feels that BJP "lost". The election was not BJP's to loose.

Primary topics in this election are governance, infra (not just gas but even electricity in homes which is now available for >18hrs everyday) and first and foremost, security specially in the highly contested western parts of UP. Last 5 years have had a huge impact. Almost every single person in every single nook and corner of the state agrees with this.

The moolah from schemes coming directly into bank accounts of farmers as well as women is obviously a huge plus and unlike previous times when schemes were announced and forgotten and farmers got nothing.

These again are not drums which BJP has been beating. Its just the first time since its just the first time they are trying to come back to power....

But like someone said....BJP will loose onlee....... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Hope you're right. Amit Shah will be releasing UP manifesto today. That will tell us what planks BJP is going to fight on.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/Untoldind/status/14 ... 6244349955
India Untold
@Untoldind
Sidhu may have won hearts of Gandhi family but has certainly lost all his respect from people.

Look at the video ...
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://newindian.in/a-up-voters-maths- ... esh-yadav/
In its reportage from the ground, The New Indian came across Shantilal Jain, a businessman and a finance whiz who explained the maths of the sops, “300 units mean 10 units a day, UP’s population is 4-5 crs which means 50 cr units per day. UP gets 25,000 Megawatts of electricity, if you take out 20% losses, it comes to 21,000 Megawatts. 1 Mega Watt produces 1000 units in an hour so in one day 24000. If you multiply 21,000 to 24,000 you get 50cr units. If the center is producing 50cr units of electricity and a party promises to give the entire units for free, how will other industries function?”
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/five ... sto-for-up
Five New Expressways, Six New Metro Projects And More: BJP Promises Big Infra Push In Manifesto For UP
Promising a big infrastructure push in the state, the party has said that it will build five new expressways, six new metros, two new international airports, 25 new bus terminals with 2,000 new buses, three new ropeway services, and give tap water connection to all and broadband connection in all villages. The party has also promised to construct five new international exhibition and convention centres and three new data centres.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

^^ after seeing how common Hindu voters in UP talk, it is only caste for them and personal benefit (what has the government given us for free?). Their area of concern starts from their home and ends at the neighbouring village. So I hugely doubt if they will be enamored of five new international convention centers or metro rail or international airports.

For Muslims, it is religion and only religion. For Hindus, it is caste and only caste. This is how Hindus fritter away their numerical advantage as they choose an identity that is applicable only to a small fragment of Hindu population, while Muslims choose an identity which is common to all of them (thus bringing their numbers to bear in voting as they all vote as one).
achy
BRFite -Trainee

Post by achy »

If you have paid any attention to NaMo's speech in last 2 days in parliament then it is patently clear that his arrows are trained at 2024. One of the corollary is off course that UP is done deal, albeit margin of victory. Yogi jee is winning 250+, that I know but do I know if he is doing 300+... A 300+ will be like MIRV'ed strike. This will seal the deal for succession. If Modi is there till 2029 then Yogi will be there till 2049..
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

achy wrote:If you have paid any attention to NaMo's speech in last 2 days in parliament then it is patently clear that his arrows are trained at 2024. One of the corollary is off course that UP is done deal, albeit margin of victory. Yogi jee is winning 250+, that I know but do I know if he is doing 300+... A 300+ will be like MIRV'ed strike. This will seal the deal for succession. If Modi is there till 2029 then Yogi will be there till 2049..
exactly ... will go after pappu and kujli for 2024

can we reach $900B-1T in exports?
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Aditya_V wrote: The Gap between SP and BJP given what is at stake is uncomfortably close
SP's lifetime best was 31 percent vote share when it won 224 seats in 2012. It's not going to get breached anytime soon as it has not added any new vote bank in last 5 years. BJP currently has above 40 percent vote share. The percentage gap will be in 2 digits.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Often i hear clearance of dues to sugarcane farmers and I see lots of conflicting data points. Can someone hear clarify/elaborate what Yogi ji has done in this particular case, I see news reports where Yogi ji says it is cleared and akal less saying he will clear it, where is the truth in this matter?
nishant.gupta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nishant.gupta »

Dilbu wrote:BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
Dilbu ji I also have to agree onlee :(( :(( :(( I see no hope at all given how the opposition is fighting.... :(( :(( :((
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

suryag wrote:Often i hear clearance of dues to sugarcane farmers and I see lots of conflicting data points. Can someone hear clarify/elaborate what Yogi ji has done in this particular case, I see news reports where Yogi ji says it is cleared and akal less saying he will clear it, where is the truth in this matter?
it's slowly becoming a ganna or djinnah situation onlee.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Rohan Dua @rohanduaT02

Feb 8
Replying to @rohanduaT02
In Shamli
Manoj Kucchal:Men during SP regime would use expressions on sizes to make advances. Cops didnt respond to my brother’s written plaints”
Yusha Ali, jeweller:Muslims too back @SureshRanaBJP . No riots took place now.Of 1,500 homes, got 1,400
Spread this video on SM
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Congress vs Congress in Punjab -

"Punjab wants change":
r
: "Channi an elite" & Sarabit Pandher: "Akalis may surprise".

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SuryaG, How can you take Ajlaf Yadav at his word on sugar cane dues?
The #HijabJihad supported by Secular in Karnataka is making impact in all poll bound states.

The hidden mace of secular are the Lawyers and Judiciary.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Voting started in UP. One more dhakka from Dilbuji
Dilbu
BRF Oldie