Ram Temple Consecration: News and Views

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Ram Temple Consecration: News and Views

Post by A_Gupta »

madhu wrote: 24 Jan 2024 10:56 Sanjay dixit in JD YTchannel has accused avimukteshwaranand sankaracharya as telling Allahabad high court on ram Janmabhoomi giving statement that Babar had not destroyed ram mandir and hence Hindu's claim is not valid. can anyone who has a legal background verify it. please look at the time stamp from 33 min.
https://youtu.be/9USk-gYPXcY?si=GlvEXEK9F_w0Utui
if possible please post the link or screenshot as he has given the specific para number too.
Sanjay Dixit is both absolutely correct in that Avimukteshwaranand Sankaracharya gave a statement that he finds no evidence that Babar destroyed a Ram Mandir.

And yet, Sanjay Dixit manages to be wrong, IMO.

Avimukteshwaranand Sankaracharya also said that there is absolutely no doubt that the site is Ramajanmabhumi, sacred to Hindus, and "it cannot be defiled or desecrated at any cost". He also said that the building erected there does not have the nature of a mosque and namaz was never read in that building; the building has some indications of being a temple. Further, reading namaz, as Muslims sometimes do in railway stations, etc., does not turn that place into a mosque.

What I interpret him to be saying was that there was no basis for a dispute because there was no mosque on the site (i.e., the Muslim side has nothing to object to.)
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Is there a spiritual side to the story of Ramanyana? Pujya Swami Chinmayananda explains that there is a spiritual background to the entire story of Ramayana. This is the reason why it is so popular. The average man is happy with the story. To the mediocre man, the idealism that Shri Rama stands for is a great education. But even the man of realisation enjoys Ramayana, because he sees in and through the story, the entire Vedantic wisdom, echoing and re-echoing as a melody divine. Such a beautiful interpretation, a revealing explanation from the master of Indian spiritual heritage who spearheaded a global Hindu spiritual and cultural renaissance that popularized the Vedic religion's esoteric scriptural texts, teaching them in English all across India and abroad. I bow my head to this great Bharat Rishi of modern times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVHhab4x1G0
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Asking for a favour, I have managed to find an English translation of what is being said (00:51 seconds) but cannot find an English pronunciation of what is being said. I so sorry but I cannot read or write Hindi. Can anyone help me? In advance, many thanks.

https://twitter.com/kmadathil/status/17 ... 7708673188
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Lisa wrote: 25 Jan 2024 14:10 Asking for a favour, I have managed to find an English translation of what is being said (00:51 seconds) but cannot find an English pronunciation of what is being said. I so sorry but I cannot read or write Hindi. Can anyone help me? In advance, many thanks.

Someone has kindly posted it on twitter

यं पालयसि धर्मं त्वं धृत्या च नियमेन च।
स वै राघवशार्दूल धर्मस्त्वामभिरक्षतु (Valmiki Ramayana - ।।2.25.3।।)

Kausalya to Rama: The duty which you carry with courage and discipline, O tiger of the Raghu clan, that will alone protect you.

Ya Palayasi Dharmam Tvam Dhrutya Cha Niyamain Cha
Sa Vai Raghavshardul Dharmastvambhirakshatu

Used google converter (not exact but should be ok)

Incredibly apt words by that wise old man!
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Lisa wrote: 25 Jan 2024 14:10 Asking for a favour, I have managed to find an English translation of what is being said (00:51 seconds) but cannot find an English pronunciation of what is being said. I so sorry but I cannot read or write Hindi. Can anyone help me? In advance, many thanks.

The crowd here seems to absolutely adore him. Was this in some Agraharam?
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Yes, in Srirangam
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Manish_P JI,

Indebted. Thank you again.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Manish_P wrote: 25 Jan 2024 20:18

यं पालयसि धर्मं त्वं धृत्या च नियमेन च।
स वै राघवशार्दूल धर्मस्त्वामभिरक्षतु (Valmiki Ramayana - ।।2.25.3।।)

Kausalya to Rama: The duty which you carry with courage and discipline, O tiger of the Raghu clan, that will alone protect you.

Ya Palayasi Dharmam Tvam Dhrutya Cha Niyamain Cha
Sa Vai Raghavshardul Dharmastvambhirakshatu

Used google converter (not exact but should be ok)

Incredibly apt words by that wise old man!
Having lived and seen what I have seen in this last week, I have begun to appreciate the timing of my life.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Close your eyes and experience Rama like thyagaraja did...

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Lisa wrote: 25 Jan 2024 23:29 Manish_P JI,

Indebted. Thank you again.
Lets be indebted to the old man, Lisa ji, for his blessings.

His words hit on so many levels.

The PM had lost his mother recently, his first protector.

The old man invoked the words of another mother to her son, all those eons ago, to simultaneously congratulate (on fulfilling his task), convey (to always do his dharma towards his matrubhumi), caution (that the enemies of the nation shall always target him) and comfort (that he shall always be protected by the blessings of his mother and his motherland) the PM...

Incredible moment.

Thank you for bringing it to my notice.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

This YT makes the claim that the money donated for building the Ram mandir was put into 3 banks - SBI, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda (more than 3600 crores) and the interest gained from the deposits went towards paying for the cost. The interest would pay for other buildings that are in the plan around the main temple. Over time the donors can be paid back too! The economic activity after the mandir was commissioned is humongous and the investments in hospitality sector are going to be on a scale unheard of. Just the employment and development potential of the area is well worth any money spent. So all the whiners who claimed "waste of money" can climb a mountain.

Also there is good overview of all the court cases and the evidence presented. L K Advani's rath yatra in 1990s culminated in awareness of Babri masjid and Ayodhya ram temple. In 1991 UP Govt sealed the area and on 6th, Dec, 1992 the karsevaks ransacked Babri masjid as a reaction to the entry ban earlier. The infamous Mumbai serial bomb blast of 1992 was a reaction to the demolition. Dawood Ibrahim's hand was behind this heinous crime.

In 2002, the case in Faizabad court was transferred to Prayagraj court. In 2010 ASI provided adequate proof to the court in Prayagraj. The verdict was not acceptable to both sides. An appeal was made to Supreme court. The Prayagraj verdict was put on hold in 2011 by the Supreme Court. Then as usual the Supreme court went into hibernation on the case. In 2016 SubraSwami entered the supreme court and filed a case against Ram Mandir. Instantly in 1 year another 32 appeals were filed in Supreme court. So the lazy court ruled that in 2019 they would hear the case. A 5 judge bench was created to solve the case. Both sides presented their evidences. In 40 days the case was decided. ASI had 533 evidences in the supreme court case.

The clinching evidence for the case were of two broad categories - excavation and literary sources. The excavation proof revolved around 5 major ones: 1. Vishnu hari inscription on stone 2. Hindu bell in a pillar 3. 12 Pillars with kalash and hindu sculptures 4. masjid dome had lotus 5. the entrance gate of masjid had writing in stone about Sri Ram Janmabhoomi mandir. Now the literary sources: 1. Guru Nanak visit to Ayodhya in 1500, he told via his disciple Mardana about Shri Ram temple darshan after bathing in Sarayu river 2. Tulsidas writings say that a foreigner broke the temple in summer of 1528 and built a mosque 3. William Finch and Tiffenthaler in travelogs mention a court of Ram and some brahmins doing puja 4. British Govt official documents - ASI Alexander Cunningham writing about many temple columns still existing and mosque was built atop. 5. Mughal Auranzeb's granddaughter in 1707 edict about collecting jiziya and stopping puja at the site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ekErhGN_A
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Cyrano wrote: 26 Jan 2024 03:37 Close your eyes and experience Rama like thyagaraja did...

One of my favorite songs. Absolutely mesmerizing performance by the duo!
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Just as the royalty in Thailand has connects with Ayodhya, so does Korea. Se Hoon Kim, a member of the Korean royalty, explains the special relationship between the Korean Royal Dynasty and Ayodhya.

Princess Suriratna & what was her relationship with Ayodhya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWiUdEiT2W0

In the above Se Hoon Kim has been championing (in Washington D.C. of USA) the common Ramayana legacy of many South Asian nations including Korea. He says the distant royal king of where he comes from in South Korea married an Indian princess from Ayodhya. Not all Kim last name are descended from this dynasty, especially not the North Korean dictator. However it is believed that some South Korean famous people including those in political power with last name Kim are descended from this lineage. South Korea of course has a huge buddhist influence.

Se Hoon Kim believes that India will shortly be #2 economy in the world. When that occurs more Asian nations will look up to India for leadership at least in reconnecting Asian denizens with its lost heritage which due to modern western influence is lost. Many of them are wanting to find relevance to their being in this world and who better than India who can guide them (the true VishwaGuru).
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Bhai log, going to Desh in Feb. What is the process for getting darshan of lord Ram at RJB mandir now? Where can one stay?

Their website isn't working for me.

Thank you
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

^^^ I will suggest staying in Lucknow. For two reasons, Lucknow is very well connected to the rest of India by air. I presume you will fly. Flights to Ayodhya are not many as the airport has been just inaugurated and even then you may have full flights only from Delhi entailing change of aircraft at Delhi. Ayodhya is about 3 hours by road from Lucknow. The roads are far better than in the 1960s. Secondly you have many very good hotels in Lucknow and you can easily arrange an SUV to take you to Ayodhya and back. So living accommodation is far better at Lucknow. It will be some time before Ayodhya gets good accommodation. Good Hotels are good at arranging a well maintained car and a safe driver.

At Ayodhya you can take a dip in the Sarayu and then go to Hanuman garhi which is a fort like temple where Hanuman stayed guarding the Janmasthan. I think there are 76 steps to climb in Hanumangarhi. After the visit to Hanumangarhi, one visits the Ram Janmasthan. This is the tradition of the old days and there should be no reason why it has changed. There are other sites of interest nearby, but these two are the principal ones. You can return to Lucknow in the evening.

Kanak nath temple and Sita ki rasoi are other sites in the city. Kanak nath temple was supposedly built by Kaikeyee in repentance and to honor Sita. There is also a place “outside” the city (Nandigram) where Bharat spent his time in austerity away from luxury when Rama was in exile. It is I think 15km from Ayodhya city. But all can be seen in one day.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thank you Saar. For darshan one has to just queue up? Not yet organised like TTD? (Understandable)
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

I was in Lucknow on Monday travelling from Hyderabad. The whole flight was full of people going to Ayodhya for darshan.

Spoke with a CISF officer traveling on same flight in Lucknow. He said UP police is evaluating implementation of Digiyatra in Ayodhya. They had even visited Hyderabad airport for the purpose of process understanding and observations.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Sri wrote: 01 Feb 2024 14:16 They had even visited Hyderabad airport for the purpose of process understanding and observations.
Varanasi was another airport which was to pilot DigiYatra. But the vendors (for providing this) was different at Varanasi & Hyderabad. Actually it would be CISF, AAI etc who would evaluate DigiYatra. UP State Police have no much say here.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Sachin wrote: 01 Feb 2024 14:28
Sri wrote: 01 Feb 2024 14:16 They had even visited Hyderabad airport for the purpose of process understanding and observations.
Varanasi was another airport which was to pilot DigiYatra. But the vendors (for providing this) was different at Varanasi & Hyderabad. Actually it would be CISF, AAI etc who would evaluate DigiYatra. UP State Police have no much say here.
Sorry I missed. The solution is getting evaluated for Holy sites at Ayodhya.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

I have been to Varanasi first in 1961. This was by road from Ayodhya via Akbarpur and Jaunpur. The road was narrow. Then we stayed in the Clark hotel in Varanasi. It still exists in Varanasi Cantt. Lucknow in those days had the venerable Carlton on Shahnajaf road that was started by Italian brothers and then after Indpendence run by the Mahendrajitsingh family of Kanpur.

The next time I went to Varanasi, the whole city was being dug up and Babatpur airport where I landed, was acquiring a new terminal post Modi. The road to the city had all sorts of diversions and was being 4 laned. A minder was sent to receive me and a driver and both said that next time I came, they would zip me to the town in minutes when all the construction was over. This was 2016. Second time I stayed in the Ramada Inn at Varanasi Cantt, which is next door to the old Clark and I had a bemused smile walking past the Clark on a stroll reminding me of a young boy aeons ago. I went to all the major places in Varanasi, in the right order. There is a vidhi to be followed at Varanasi too. Plus other places that I know one should go. Then I was dropped off at Prayagraj and took a flight back to Delhi from Prayagraj and got to see a Mirage squadron as IAF Bamrauli/Prayagraj is HQ Central command and the airport is a civilian enclave inside an IAF station.

Babatpur/Varanasi is scheduled to have its runway extended. There is a 4 lane road now along the airport boundary, and this road is scheduled to go inside a tunnel with the runway over the tunnel. This extended runway will allow wide body aircraft like 777 and other similar aircraft to land at Varanasi directly from international destinations allowing Buddhist pilgrims to visit Sarnath directly without going to Delhi and changing planes. The ASI museum at Sarnath is small but excellent and worth a visit. You have to deposit cell phones and cameras at the security booth there, as the Asoka lion capital which was excavated at Sarnath and is the national emblem of India is in that museum and they want to make sure that nothing untoward happens to it.

The ASI museum at Sanchi stupa is also small and also excellent. It is on the way from Sanchi stupa to the rock cut Udayagiri caves where there is a huge Varaha rock cut sculpture with a small Vikramaditya and his minister bowing in front of Varaha avataar. The Udayagiri cave has the oldest sculpture existing of Vishnu reclining also. Wear good shoes as the paths here are uneven between caves and a good pair of shoes help. Not many tourists here(I was one of two people) and certainly none at the Heliodorus column at Vidisha which I went to after Udayagiri. The Heliodorus column is called Khambha Baba by the locals. And that is what the SUV person driving me knew it as.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliodorus_pillar

My base for this operation was Bhopal where I stayed in an excellent hotel, and after Sanchi and Udayagiri, the next day I visited the prehistoric cave paintings at Bhimbetka which lies towards Hoshangabad, now renamed Narmadapuram. Bhimbetka rivals Lascaux in France and Altamira in Spain which are now closed to tourists as the breathing is ruining the pigments. At Bhimbetka some of the paintings date to 10000 BCE and you can go up close to the paintings. On the return from Bhimbetka, I visited Bhojeshwar temple on the Bhopal outskirts. It was Makar Sankranti and full of pilgrims. The hotel provided me with the car an SUV and driver and a picnic lunch of a sandwich, fruit and water.

On the way from Bhopal to Sanchi you will also cross the Tropic of Cancer. There is a marker by the side of the road and you can take pictures. It is known as Karka Rekha to the cab drivers.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
In 2016, cell phones, cameras etc were banned from the area around Kashi Visvanath temple and there was heavy police bandobast. One first visits Dhundhi Ganapati and then proceeds to Kashi Visvanath temple. Next one visits Annapurneshwari and takes a packet of rice from your own home as an offering so that your home is always abundant with food. Then Visalakshi(where glass bangles are offered by women). Lastly Kaal Bhairav temple is visited which is 2-3 km away from the Kashi Visvanath temple complex which has Visalakshi, Annapuraneshwari and Kashi Visvanath. This is the bare minimum. Sankat Mochan temple and visits to Dasashmesh ghat, Harischandra ghat, Ganga aarti etc are other things to do as well traveling on the Ganga by a boat.

In Ujjain also there is Annapurneshwari. Sandipani ashram where Sudama and Krishna were fellow students in the gurukul of Sandipani rishi, Jantar Mantar, Chintamani Ganesh and of course Mahakaleshwar and Gadkalika devi who was venerated by Kalidas. Kalidas was suposedly a dolt in his young days, veneration of Gadkalika aroused his intellect and poetic powers. There is also Kaal Bhairav in Ujjain. No cell phones allowed on the premises of Mahakaleshwar temple nor cameras. There are photographers who will take your picture outside the temple of Mahakaleshwar and instantly give you copies. There are also priests around who will for a fee perform any pujas you desire and they will also assist you in having the proper darshan of Mahakaleshwar. I flew into Indore and traveled by road to Ujjain and stayed at the Shipra Residency(Shipra is the river that flows past Ujjain) in Ujjain. Hotel accomodation has improved a lot since the 8 years I was last at Ujjain.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

https://twitter.com/Rlsmmysuru/status/1 ... 9432311894
Before boarding to Ayodhya at Terminal 2 Bengaluru.

#Sankeertane #ayodhyarammandir #Rlsm

{embedded video}
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamSuresh »

https://indiyatra.in/ramas-ayodhya-quiz/ has a good overview of the important places to be seen in Ayodhya
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamSuresh »

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaHc75qBPzjO65ETN91O

I was in Ayodhya around PranaPratishtha and had Darshan. I had also been to Ayodhya earlier in August 2022.

I have penned my emotions, experience, photos and videos here.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

RamSuresh wrote: 04 Feb 2024 19:22 https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaHc75qBPzjO65ETN91O

I was in Ayodhya around PranaPratishtha and had Darshan. I had also been to Ayodhya earlier in August 2022.

Can you please share with us the process:
- How to book/ ticket for darshan
- Crowd management
- Time available for a person to get darshan

The projections are that the crowds are expected to be far greater than Thirupathi. In most of the YT videos, I haven't seen pushing an shoving like in Thirupathi. Would be nice if you could contrast this with the experience in Thirupathi (if you have been there).
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

I go to Banaras (still call it that) every time I go to India and Sankat Mochan is a must-visit for me as Hanuman is our Ishta-Devata and my father who went to BHU pre-independence was a devotee of the temple.

I went to Kashi Vishwanath only once about 15 yrs ago and vowed never again. However, I went again in Dec 2021 and was so pleasantly surprised by the ease of darshan.

I went mid-morning in the ticketed line for about Rs 300, for which they have a priest accompany you and then you get a small packet of prasad on your return. It was a total breeze, there was no waiting in line at all. Do expect to pay the priest a tip though - could be anything you want. No gouging.

In contrast, I went again in March 2023 and had to wait 3 hrs in line even with a ticket. It was a Monday evening and 'sparsh-darshan' was permitted on that day. The crowds were crazy. I did not mind the wait because everything was progressing in an orderly fashion. But, right at the front of the garbha-graha, it was total chaos as several lines congregated and the entrance to the small shrine is so small that only 2-3 people can pass through. I was squeezed in the crowd and couldn't breathe. Then like a champagne cork popping, I was suddenly ejected into the shrine by the pressure behind me. Less than 2 seconds later I was hauled out by the policeman inside and tossed out of the side door. I barely managed to touch the Shivling. There was one young girl having a panic attack in front of the shrine with her mother screaming at people around her. The few policemen on duty were covered in sweat and laboring very hard to keep the peace. I don't know why they could not extend the barricades right up to the end so that people could go one at a time. Everyone was behaving and peaceful right up to the entrance when it became crazy.

I went back the next morning and it was so much better, only 15-20 mts in the ticketed line with brief darshan from the side window - you cannot enter the garbha-graha itself if it is not a sparsh-darshan time-slot. However, this was good enough for me.

The ticket office is well run, you must book the day before online as getting it when you go there is very difficult. One inevitable change from before is that now none of the lockers work, locks are all broken, so either you get one privately on the outside or trust the kid who sits there and promises to look after your cellphone etc. Be aware that if they find anything like a cell phone or a digital watch on you during the multiple body checks, you will be sent back. For those taking a private car, there is a parking lot walking distance from the temple, but you pay a hefty fee.

From there to Sankat Mochan, I went there on the busiest day, Tuesday. There was a line, wait time 15 mts, very orderly darshan, could spend 10-15 seconds there, get my prasad blessed etc. The previous evening I could sit in front of the deity for as long as I wanted. There were several groups of white people swaying to chants of Hanuman Chaleesa. All in all, I have always found Sankat Mochan temple to be a very peaceful place.

One other place I did visit was Lal Bahadur Shastri's birthplace and home - very modest building. It is on the other side of the river.

I went to Ayodhya for the first time in Dec 2021 and we stayed at the Royal Heritage Resort Hotel just outside town. It was brand new and was quite clean and decent. Food was actually very good. There must be many more there now. We flew from Delhi to Lucknow and after an overnight, drove to Ayodhya, stayed there one night and drove the next day to Banaras - almost 8 hrs on the road, then flew back to Delhi at the end.

I am planning to visit India November this year and Ram Mandir is a definite again, it will be quite a different experience this time.

The key to visiting temples anywhere I guess is the day of the week and the time of the day. Also, on festivals expect the crowds to be significantly larger.
RamSuresh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RamSuresh »

RCase wrote: 05 Feb 2024 04:48
RamSuresh wrote: 04 Feb 2024 19:22 https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaHc75qBPzjO65ETN91O

Can you please share with us the process:
- How to book/ ticket for darshan
- Crowd management
- Time available for a person to get darshan

The projections are that the crowds are expected to be far greater than Thirupathi. In most of the YT videos, I haven't seen pushing an shoving like in Thirupathi. Would be nice if you could contrast this with the experience in Thirupathi (if you have been there).

1. I went on 23rd. They had disabled the online darshan booking option in the Trust website. I believe it should come up some time in February. When it worked, it provided options to book a Darshan slot as well as an Arati slot.

2. The crowds on 23rd were crazy and crushing level. The saving grace was the Bhakti that was all around. After we came out, we realised the exit comes close to the middle of the queue. We took another chance at Darshan and by then order had been brought in. It took us only 15 min for the second Darshan from mid way. They have changed the exit now and it comes out directly to the road. I saw that different batches of people who were waiting behave differently. So there is a throw of dice on who is around you. On 23rd they were separating people in to batches of 500 or so. So they had localized crowds into batches with large open spaces in between.

3. On 24th, when I walked past the main gate, I could see that there were two columns of police and people had to go in between. It looked orderly.

4. I got more time than Tirupati or Pandharpur or even Shridi. Perhaps a second or two. The deity is on a high pedastal and Shri Rama is visible perhaps from seventy feet away or so. Therefore, the time in front of the deity is not the only time of Darshan.

5. The security is very considerate. They allowed me to make video calls from just outside the main mandapa. On 23rd they did not prohibit phones. Now they do.

6. The entire path from the main gate to the temple (perhaps 300 or 400 mts) is very spacious. So even with a lot of crowd, there is no sense of claustrophobia. Yatris enter from the main steps of the temple and not some side entrance. So that also adds to the sense of openness and comfort. I would equal the experience to that of walking briskly to Konark Jagati if you have been to Konark. There is a sense of openness.

6. My assessment is security, space, ergonomics and the logistics are better managed than most temples. Crowds are higher so that balances it out a little. But my experience on 23rd was better than I expected it to be.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

प्राण प्रतिष्ठा Pran Pratishtha was done on Ram Lalla stone murthy to become a worship worthy vigraha for the devotees to pray to that Brahman. The Shri Ram Murti becomes Alive only when the devotee opens up and performs the connection via global consciousness. For this to happen, it is important that mere sight (yantra) is not enough. Dr. Subhash Kak explains that the Karana Sarira is where this connection can happen, not the Sthula Sarira. (The body, in turn, is three bodies - gross/physical (sthula sarira), subtle (sukshma sarira) and causal (karana sarira)). The Adarsh Purush of Ram becomes alive to the devotee since the karana sarira recognizes that adarsh in Ram. The sheer Anand that comes about in the connection is manifold/inexpressible for the jivatma. When the senses are calm and the mind is motionless, then your heart is pure; you have reached the highest state of consciousness, in which you are unified with Brahman.

How Did Shri Ram Murti Suddenly Come Alive? | कैसे आयी श्री राम की आँखों में चमक | Subhash Kak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlTnMAFpZc
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

can this thread be generalized so that we can discuss other temples too like Ganvapi, mathura or other historic temples that are under claim. lot of information like new and old ASI reports are out we need to have a detailed read and discussion on them.
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

https://x.com/subhash_kak/status/175459 ... 21034?s=20

Delightful performance at the Ram Temple
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

All of you are familiar with Nilesh Oak and his dating of 12209 BCE as the date of Rāma-Rāvaṇa yuddha.

In this YT Nilesh Oak gives his clinching evidences used for 12,209 BC date.

Scientific dating of Ramayana as 14000 yrs old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3AtMO-SIUI
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

bala wrote: 07 Feb 2024 03:01 All of you are familiar with Nilesh Oak and his dating of 12209 BCE as the date of Rāma-Rāvaṇa yuddha.

In this YT Nilesh Oak gives his clinching evidences used for 12,209 BC date.

Scientific dating of Ramayana as 14000 yrs old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3AtMO-SIUI
Nileshji Oak had a long thread in BRF, I commented on that dhaga quite often.
He was gracious enough to provide his book and I have seem one of this book.

There are some interesting items there but as far as math/astronomy is he misses even the *most* basics -- simply the 'date' arrived as such is NOT credible (to put it mildly).. simply using scientific 'terms' *without* correct math makes simply non-scientific. NO clinching evidence.

For those who are interested: Here is his book

12209 BCE Rama Ravana Yuddha Unknown Binding – 30 April 2018
Book contains conclusive research from more than 300+ astronomical observations found in Valmiki Ramayana which decisively leads to the dating of Rama Ravana Yuddha to 12209BCE. Book also employs studies from varied scientific fields like oceanography, seismology, puranic chronology, astro archeology and many others

Those who want to see a critique of the book can see:

Critical Analysis of the Dating of the Ramayana to 12209 BCE: Missing Evidence, Logical Errors
There is tremendous interest among Hindus to find out the date when the events of the Ramayana took place. Among the various dates proposed for the Ramayana, the date of 12209 BCE has become very popular. Once a thesis gains traction, many people, including educated ones buy into it though they have little knowledge about Indian texts or astronomy. It is thus important for people with subject matter expertise to critically examine these claims. The central thesis behind this claim is that Indian luni-solar months have been shifting with respect to the Indian seasons by one month every 2,000 years. With specific examples from texts spanning from earliest times to now, it is shown that there is no evidence for it. The date of 12209 BCE is based on the claim that a unique event involving a comet took place in that year. However, it is based on software-generated illusion as the path and brightness of a comet cannot be predicted beyond 100 years. Further, a detailed refutation is provided for each “astronomy poison pill” to show beyond doubt that there is no evidence in support of 12209 BCE date of the Ramayana.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

RamSuresh wrote: 05 Feb 2024 15:26

1. I went on 23rd. They had disabled the online darshan booking option in the Trust website. I believe it should come up some time in February. When it worked, it provided options to book a Darshan slot as well as an Arati slot.
<clip>
Thanks. Very informative ..
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

Critical Analysis of the Dating of the Ramayana to 12209 BCE - by Author Raja Ram Mohan Roy
It is easy to criticise but where is the counter proof. He seems to claim NASA/JPL vetted software on astronomical data is wrong. That is a tall order. Also claiming: the 'date' arrived as such is NOT credible, what is the basis for this, just some mind assumptions. If data shows ancient times so be it. Everything is cyclic in nature. Certainly the situation with River Sarasvati as noted in Ramayana is correlating to ancient times. Currently the harayana excavations of sites near Sarasvati river bed are showing dates way back to 9000 BC. Certain conjunctions of stars/planets happens only once in several thousands of years. The Surya Siddhantha of Maya Danava has certain conjunctions which can be precisely dated (Vedveer Arya has more on this topic).

Author Raja Ram Mohan Roy is simply a gasbag with nothing to add to gyan on Ramayana other than his pettiness.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

bala wrote: 12 Feb 2024 10:23
Critical Analysis of the Dating of the Ramayana to 12209 BCE - by Author Raja Ram Mohan Roy
It is easy to criticise but where is the counter proof. He seems to claim NASA/JPL vetted software on astronomical data is wrong. That is a tall order. ...
Author Raja Ram Mohan Roy is simply a gasbag with nothing to add to gyan on Ramayana other than his pettiness.
Bala ji,

I am with Amber G. ji on this. Two points to consider.

1. The software is not vetted by NASA/JPL. The software visualizes ephemeris data sets colcted by NASA/JPL. These datasets are avialble for anyone.

2. These datasets come with a big wanring. NASA says that if you are using these datasets to plan any space missions, please contact NASA first.

Neither Nilesh Oak ji nor Shiv Shastri ji are comuter scientists leave alone numerical analysts. I have no idea who Raja Ram Mohan Roy is, but that doesn't mean that they are being petty.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Vayutuvan wrote: 13 Feb 2024 06:31
bala wrote: 12 Feb 2024 10:23

It is easy to criticise but where is the counter proof. He seems to claim NASA/JPL vetted software on astronomical data is wrong. That is a tall order. ...
Bala ji,

I am with Amber G. ji on this. Two points to consider.

1. The software is not vetted by NASA/JPL. The software visualizes ephemeris data sets colcted by NASA/JPL. These datasets are avialble for anyone.

2. These datasets come with a big wanring. NASA says that if you are using these datasets to plan any space missions, please contact NASA first.

Neither Nilesh Oak ji nor Shiv Shastri ji are comuter scientists leave alone numerical analysts. I have no idea who Raja Ram Mohan Roy is, but that doesn't mean that they are being petty.
Indeed the software is just a simulation -- you are okay for planets for near past/future -- but any thing past 1500-2000 years ago will give an error of few degrees in case of Moon (...less for other planets).. due to neglected terms etc.. (any decent source/ or anyone familiar can verify this)...

Oakji (he sent me his first book) 'calculations' to put in mildly, is MEANINGLESS, missing/omitting even the most basic aspects ..

Oakji makes (many details pointed out in BRF forums)- even basic errors in coordinate systems / time scales -- Time mentioned in most reputable software depends on modern atomic/(or ephemeris) not common time scale (as GMT or locally measured by apparent sun's position).. as earth slows down, thousands of years ago the are not in sync.

Similarly over thousands of years ago plane of ecliptic, equatorial plane, is different.. the effect is small for 1000-2000 ears ago.. but not negligible when you go 5000..10,000 years ago...

Not to mention refraction etc is neglected ..

Fo a comet ..eg, even the best software can not predict accurately path behind 100 years or so accurately .. In Oak's book they are 'simulating' path 12,000 years ago..

I have seen Oakji one book and has corresponded with him, IMO *no one* who knows math/astronomy has taken those 'computation' with any value..

-- Vayutuvanji - About Raja Ram Mohan Roy:

He has B.Tech. in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Kanpur and a Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from The Ohio State University. He has interest and knowledge in I in ancient Indian texts. including Vedic astronomy - and shares my interest in Jain astronomy ..

----

For those with background in astronomy/math - this and related 10 parts is very interesting..
(Very well done analysis and easy to read)
https://rajarammohanroy.medium.com/refu ... 8749c6d7e0
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For those who are interested --- there is excellent source for Ramayana and other texts..

VERY NICE site from IIT Kanpur:
For example Valmiki's Ramayana:
https://www.valmiki.iitk.ac.in/
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

That site is superb. I always wanted audio rendering with good uccharana. I hope somebody else takes up the project of rendering MB as well. That is a bigger project ofc.
mukkan
BRFite

Post by mukkan »

anybody read this book trying to identify the places in Ramayana. Big challenge is measurement of yojana distance.

https://twitter.com/Jijith_NR/status/16 ... 8997000197

Below is his talk based on his book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ0w-WytFpk

he just released book about Mahabharat
https://twitter.com/Jijith_NR/status/17 ... 1511481735

He also don't have Ph.D :-)
Amber G. wrote: 13 Feb 2024 11:04 For those who are interested --- there is excellent source for Ramayana and other texts..

VERY NICE site from IIT Kanpur:
For example Valmiki's Ramayana:
https://www.valmiki.iitk.ac.in/
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

mukkan wrote: 14 Feb 2024 08:00 anybody read this book trying to identify the places in Ramayana. Big challenge is measurement of yojana distance.

https://twitter.com/Jijith_NR/status/16 ... 8997000197

Below is his talk based on his book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ0w-WytFpk

he just released book about Mahabharat
https://twitter.com/Jijith_NR/status/17 ... 1511481735

Thanks! Will be interesting to read.

FWIW : From what I know :The measurement of a Yojana distance in the context of the Ramayana varies depending on the source and interpretation. In ancient Indian texts, a Yojana is typically considered to be about 14.5 kilometers, but there are variations in different texts and traditions. In the context of the Ramayana, a Yojana is often considered to be around approximately 13 to 16 kilometers . However, these measurements are not universally agreed upon and may vary based on different interpretations and textual sources. (I am more familiar with Ramcharitramanas - Tulsji - where again the distance is about 14.5 Km ( plus or minus 1 km)>

I studied some Jain astronomy -but saw nothing rigorous there ..in the Surya Siddhanta, (an ancient Sanskrit text on astronomy) a Yojana is defined as the distance that can be covered by a person in a yama, which is a specific unit of time.

The exact measurement of a Yojana in the Surya Siddhanta can vary, but it is generally considered to be approximately 10-16 kilometers ... This definition is similar to the traditional Indian measurement of a Yojana as a distance that can be covered by a person in a day's travel, which is typically estimated to be around the 16 Kms or less.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

ऐसी दैवी शक्ति पहले कभी अनुभव नहीं की थी Ami Ganatra Shares The Vibe of Ayodhya, she was there at Pran Prathista as an invitee.

Ami Ganatra has written two books on Ramayana, she studied the original Valmiki version in Sanskrit. The joy with which Ami ji speaks about her experience makes an amazing experience and immerse oneself in the moment.

जय श्री राम Jai Shree Ram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mCdTjmgxu8