News - Osama Bin Laden - killed In Pakistan

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Re: Breaking News - Osama Bin Laden - killed In Pakistan

Post by Sanku »

Madhusudhan wrote:Anyone tweeting the perfidy of Pakistan systematically? A concerted retweeting of those tweets would help. I would be happy to retweet if anyone has tweets going already.
Most Indians are tweeting about whether it would have been better for Obama to move even closer to reelection or not.

Frankly, US does not have too much sympathy or credibility in its so called war on terror, after all the 10000000 years of good taliban/bad taliban antics.

Yeah folks who have US ear can try their luck though.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

apparently a new stealth drone caled RQ170 spotted periodically in kandahar might have been onside and transmitting realtime video (presumbably in 1080p video) to OLED 56" screen in Ops room :)

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-d ... t-10239277
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

shiv wrote:Blow open door. Stun occupants. Enter, kill and start ripping the room of contents. Say 10 rooms? 20 men. 2 men per room. 10 minutes of ransacking. The house is done within 15 minutes.
At least some of the men would have to keep sweeping through the complex rather than stopping to pick through things.

Even for the guys who are tasked with nicking good stuff, think of how long it can take just to open a PC case and get the hard drives out without damaging them.

Plus since they wounded a couple of unarmed women in the contact, they probably had to stabilise them as well.

Lots of places for time to get eaten up, although repeated detailed and realistic rehearsals would help identify and work out some of these potential problems in advance.
Sam
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sam »

India's border is closer to Abbotabad than Afghanistan's. Is it possible that Geronimo was launched from India?
Nirantar
BRFite

Post by Nirantar »

Now can Sardar-e-Seals lay claim on Osama's remaining wives in his harem and children as his slaves in traditional islamuck style?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

There would have to be a few UAVs with different imaging modalities deployed.
SAR imaging for one would be the cornerstone.
Multiple UAVs, multiple angles, and multiple areas to watch out for.

For example the Road to Kakul would be closely watched, possibly with a small team deployed or with an Apache Gunship instructed to take out any vehicular movement coming from that direction.

Shiv saar,
Computer Hard disks!!! Most important. Drug prescriptions also (identifies the doctors who treated him).
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Arnab Goswami has done it !!!
He has called pakistan a Terrorist State.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Uday B
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Uday B »

Guys watch TimesNOW. Arnab tearing into TSP and ask the Indian apologists to stop this elder brother syndrome that some of the apologist suffer from.

Absolutely Wonderful
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

Singha wrote:apparently a new stealth drone caled RQ170 spotted periodically in kandahar might have been onside and transmitting realtime video (presumbably in 1080p video) to OLED 56" screen in Ops room :)

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-d ... t-10239277
Its been flying out of Kandahar for years now.

The Pakistani Air Force can see a predator coming, which is alright when the target of surveillance interest is Miranshah or Bajaur.

When its in Quetta or Abbottabad....you need something else.
Purush
BRF Oldie

Post by Purush »

Is it reported that they carted off computers/hard drives/telecom eqpt etc?

From the initial reports after the raid, it was mentioned that the complex had no telephone connection (mobile or landline) with the outside world since OBL/ISI was paranoid about Unkil's electronic snooping abilities. I suspect it wouldn't have had an internet connection either (What about computers? Unlikely?). OBL relied 399% on human couriers onlee according to those reports.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Pakistani Role in Global Terrorism thread.

Foreign Policy cover story listing the denials of the leaders of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan that Osama Bin Laden had taken refuge in that country:

Osama bin Who? : A decade of denials and downplaying from Pakistani leaders
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Marten wrote:When are they going to release the videos?

Was Panetta not in that pic?
Believe it or not, Rudy Giuliani was present! He is in a suit, with a blue tie. Check it out!

They knew that this was in the bag, so they invited Rudy to witness justice being imparted on behalf of NYC.

Only reasons causing tensions within situation room was the chopper going down and the fear of Pakis mistaking it for an Indian attack. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Klaus on 03 May 2011 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Purush wrote:Is it reported that they carted off computers/hard drives/telecom eqpt etc?

From the initial reports after the raid, it was mentioned that the complex had no telephone connection (mobile or landline) with the outside world since OBL/ISI was paranoid about Unkil's electronic snooping abilities. I suspect it wouldn't have had an internet connection either (What about computers? Unlikely?). OBL relied 399% on human couriers onlee according to those reports.
"Hard drives" clearly mentioned in initial US reports. If you try it - it takes a minimum of 5 minutes to remove a hard drive from a PC and longer from a Laptop. The thing to do is to take the computer itself. Mostly laptops nowadays. If the US says what they have taken - Pakis will know what might have been there and will start covering tracks
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Uday B wrote:Guys watch TimesNOW. Arnab tearing into TSP and ask the Indian apologists to stop this elder brother syndrome that some of the apologist suffer from.

Absolutely Wonderful
Arnab is saying on Live Indian TV (Times Now) what BR has been howling for years. This must be given more mileage via YouTube links on this forum
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sam wrote:India's border is closer to Abbotabad than Afghanistan's. Is it possible that Geronimo was launched from India?
Definitely not. We are looking for peace and cricket with our Paki brothers - not all this shameful bloodshed. :roll: Such is our level of stupidity.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Marten wrote:When are they going to release the videos?

Was Panetta not in that pic?
Panetta would have been in a more hands-on station, probably giving further orders! He could not have done in peace with so many others standing around!
Sam
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sam »

Both Pakistan Prime Minister and Ambassador to US lying through their teeth.

Is this Ambassador Haqqani anyway related to terrorist group Haqqani? Maybe same tribe/clan?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

place a hot rod to musharraf's musharraf.. the heat radiation can puke out more info now.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

Hard drives imply Desktops not laptop - it is much harder and waste of time to try remove them from laptop when you can take the whole thing away just as easily...one can presume they are Chinese made Lenovo's... :D unkil should have adapters and chargers for them back home.. :D

Unless OBL was using USB hard drives because they are more portable and easy to hide...

I guess they carted away whole computers, be it desktops or laptops but describe it as Hard drive because the rest of the parts are meaningless and unworthy of mention...after all Unkil is not trying to sell motherboards and RAM in second hand market... to fund the war on terror :D

I can't imagine the SEAL telling his commander ...just ask the pilot to wait a few more minutes, I am trying to figure out which end of the SATA cable I should pull out ...oops dont have the right philips screw driver :D
Last edited by Suppiah on 03 May 2011 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

They dont have to put musharraf in a jail to have everything out. He probably squealed everything already in the first deal.

Let us remember, when Mushy was pulled out of Pakistan, it was a entirely US decided and run move for their own compulsions. (To be able to support Pakistan with least domestic fallout for a non performing ally) -- why would their ally not tell them everything in the first place.

US owns Pakistan (most institutional assets) -- US tried for the longest time to get a closure WITH Paki help in the Af-Pak goals. Only after the Paki's failed to perform they had to step in themselves.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/ ... 206969.htm
DR AKBAR AHMED: Ali, I was assistant commissioner in Abbottabad many, many years ago, I was schooled there, so I know the area. That is a Cantonment area where any building being constructed has to pass through the architecture, the building, the ownership through regular bureaucratic procedures which means people would know who's living in the building and a building that size so near the military academy would have bound to raise all kinds of suspicions, especially the kind of characters coming and going from the building.

So it is highly unlikely that the authorities didn't know who was in that building, which raises the question if they knew about who was in the building, why, at this particular time, was this operation allowed, as it were, to proceed because I don't believe Pakistan had no idea about the operation.

The helicopters flew from Tarbela just a couple of minutes from Abbottabad itself. The US/Pakistan intelligence officers work very closely together, share information and I feel that it was the fear of a backlash against the Pakistani government by many elements in the Pakistan population that would have come to a joint conclusion between the US and Pakistan that let's play down the Pakistan role.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

ISI would never allow the loss of face. The US got tired of waiting for Paki's to deliver and moved unilaterally.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Guys, pls put a youtube link or something to Rachel Maddow's castration of Pak and Arnab's latest... I cannot see the direct link of Maddow's site for some reason.... it keeps giving me a screen saying share the bloody thing on fb, i would if I could see it...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Suppiah wrote: I guess they carted away whole computers, be it desktops or laptops but describe it as Hard drive because the rest of the parts are meaningless and unworthy of mention
Exactly. Hard drives were mentioned. That only means they took away computers. Not detatched hard drives.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Musharraf would definitely be debriefed very very minutely this time!

Probably that is the reason, why he has been barking at every tree, that USA violated Pakistani sovereignty, just so that nobody suspects that he has been squealing and vomiting everything he knew! He knows West and he are good! Otherwise he would be a bit circumspect about talking about sovereignty when they just found OBL in TSPA's living room!
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

shiv wrote:
Suppiah wrote: I guess they carted away whole computers, be it desktops or laptops but describe it as Hard drive because the rest of the parts are meaningless and unworthy of mention
Exactly. Hard drives were mentioned. That only means they took away computers. Not detatched hard drives.
Moreover they are not taking a budget airline back home, so no weight restrictions...these Chinooks can lift tanks..
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Musharraf has already squealed. He is now barking because he cannot re enter Pakistan and he can say things that Paki jernails don't have the guts to say like "Violation of sovirginity"
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

shiv wrote:"Hard drives" clearly mentioned in initial US reports. If you try it - it takes a minimum of 5 minutes to remove a hard drive from a PC and longer from a Laptop. The thing to do is to take the computer itself. Mostly laptops nowadays. If the US says what they have taken - Pakis will know what might have been there and will start covering tracks
PC Hard drive - 30 secs. You dont even need a screw driver. There is a single screw you turn with your hand sticking out prominently in the back of the along the case, slide the cover of the case out, reach in , disconnect the power cord, disconnect the SATA cord (these are snap in cords, just snap out), the hard disk slides out into your hand (it is not fixed to the computer case with screws, just held in rails and slides out).

That is how I do it in my computer at home. It is a standard ATX case.

Lap top - 10 seconds. Flip it over, take a Philips screwdriver , unscrew the retaining screw and slide the hard drive out. You dont need to open the case at all!. Similar to removing battery in a laptop (diff is usually with a hard drive, there is a screw to remove, with battery , it just slides out).

There were visuals on TV with a PC with hard disk taken out, all documents, DVDs, CD etc definitely carted out and the CIA going over everything with a fine tooth comb.

They will know every thing to a fine detail such as who, where, when and how in every place in every country that had a contact however fleeting and remote with the Al-keeda and affiliates. Now with the Pakis being so incestous with Al-keeda, they will know exactly what did whom and when with the Al-keeda and how the Pakis double crossed and played well, Paki in each turn.

The Pakis are truly shafted here. No escape. Kiyani will be quaking, so will Musharraf. It was under their watch as ISI chief and Pres that most of that double dealing and Pakiness happened and the records from Bin Laden's lair will give fine grained details. There is going to be hell to pay for that soon. Expect massive GUBOing from now. Musharraf is a goner.Expect him to be extradited back to Pakiland and Dus Percenti urged to start proceedings against him as chief conspirator in Bhutto Motorham's case and a quick trial and execution.

Kiyani as long as he leads Gubo sessions will be allowed to linger around and then sent to the grinder.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

JE Menon wrote:Guys, pls put a youtube link or something to Rachel Maddow's castration of Pak and Arnab's latest... I cannot see the direct link of Maddow's site for some reason.... it keeps giving me a screen saying share the bloody thing on fb, i would if I could see it...
Don't know about Youtube but the site below has an embed to the MSNBC video.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddo ... bin-laden/
She went postal on pakis. :lol:
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

This operation involved Osama Bin Laden.
Any military planner would not want to involve people who might be sympathetic to him considering his Iconic status.

So no Pakistani involved at all.
I think I have heard this in some media outlet also that the Navy Seals were told that they were going after Osama himself that night. And this information was conveyed perhaps on the same day that they were to conduct the raid.

So in perhaps the most secret operation of all time, the US would have to use a whole lot of secrecy, subterfuge, to not compromise the operation.
Ananya
BRFite

Post by Ananya »

Well Interesting times.

1. The HDD would have the CCTV tapes/archives of people who visited OBL . the more the tapes the more info.
2. few Paki ex gens and majors would be kicking the bucket soon.
3 the Paki govt is telling the truth they did not know abt this at all so no use blaming them . they did not know who is doing .
in fact the president does not know whom his secretary work for.

Unkil has TSP by the head.

if the calculation is correct unkel/OBM will take maximum mileage out of this, thats is why he is making the world press talk abt this

1, Tell TSP lisin guys you want a way out of this , start the wasiraistan operation now
2. Hand over the other ring leaders like Mulla omar / the no 2 doc
3. Start a very quick operation against haqquani network,

TSP has no choice . agar saat khoon maaf karna hai to soona to padega.

what does this hold for India . nothing. we would be sucking lollipop as A.K antony has done his part.

OBM would make sure his 2012 is sealed,
Last edited by Ananya on 03 May 2011 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

> Even for the guys who are tasked with nicking good stuff, think of how long it can take just to open a PC case and get the hard drives out without damaging them.

from a PC desktop its just matter of using a rough tool to pry open the case (or unscrew the cover if you want to do it fine), then each HDD is just attached with a couple of cables to motherboard - easy 30 sec to remove cover then 5 secs for each HDD.
for a laptop, its usually a single screw that holds it in place and then it slides out - no cables to remove as it plugs into pins inside directly.

well trained thieves who tailgate behind employees into tech park offices to bypass badge scanner have honed this kind of thing into a fine art form :) in my cos san jose office sometimes they do a 'raid' and make off with 10-20 laptops in one shot.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Pakistan will be worried what intel the US has in its hands, and what the US intends to do with that intel.

I expect the US to use that intel to drive a very hard bargain with the pakistanis. And that is the extent to which this will go vis-a-vis the Pakistani establishment.

That intel is going to be used for trying to get at more Al Qaida and Taliban people.
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

RQ170
Ah yes the beast of Kandahar.

They probably had other stealth assets too, if this was a hostile operation.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

RajeshA wrote:Musharraf would definitely be debriefed very very minutely this time!
You have to de-brief him in order to insert a hot rod up the mushy...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Singha wrote:what exactly JSOC units do in Ghazi airbase and how the pakis just let a strike of four helis go away on a untethered op is a interesting point to ponder. did the US mislead them saying the outbounds were on some training mission, going to AF or going after some false flag target they had been surveilling to give the impression they would take it out? and reports say the strike team came in from AF and just used Ghazi as a refueling and hopping point on ingress - even more alarming - were the pakis asleep to all this at the base itself. are pakis and dogs allowed on that base?
It could also mean that it could be a routine thing...that many such operations have been carried out from paki bases before.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

JE Menon wrote:Guys, pls put a youtube link or something to Rachel Maddow's castration of Pak and Arnab's latest... I cannot see the direct link of Maddow's site for some reason.... it keeps giving me a screen saying share the bloody thing on fb, i would if I could see it...
I would prefer calling her Rachel "The Magnum"..
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#42869391

for Arnab
http://www.timesnow.tv/
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Rachel Maddow is ripping Pakis left and right......check it out

http://videos.mediaite.com/video/Rachel ... at-Ally-Pa

added later: Gawwwdddd........i love maddow now.....that's it. i bow down to her. this coming from US mainstream media!!!!!!!!
Last edited by devesh on 03 May 2011 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Folks, the ONLY new development in the whole saga is that US has decided to move in even at expense of Pakistan's remaining rag-tag izzat (Izzat onleee in US of A).

Everyone of note already knew what has to be known. The Pakis knew, the US knew, the Saudi's knew the Indians knew, they all knew that everyone else knows. Some knew more fine grained details than others, but most knew sufficient details.

So why the precipitate move NOW? Elections? CIA-ISI fallout? Wikileaks coming up with his precise location being the site for a Mike Mullen/Mullah Omar meeting?