Serial Blasts in Mumbai

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Re: Serial Blasts in Mumbai

Post by gakakkad »

we just discussed the possibility about this in the TSP thread. And boom the very next day. When 26/11 happened shame mahmood querasshi was in India. When this happened pasha is in unkil. Wish nothing happens in ahmedabad. almost Lost my cousin the last time they struck . Almost died myself when civil hospital casualty was attacked.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Mihaylo wrote:Multiple sets of dossiers are already being created and will be mailed out soon. We will respond with full vigor against this mischief and mischief makers. These miscreants will be bought to justice.

Sigh :(
Congress-led GoI is fair game here in this thread.
The follow-up from last time was never enough.

MumbleMumbleSingh - lame duck + has made the country a sitting duck!
saurav.jha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saurav.jha »

10 casualties being reported.. :cry:
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

I LL NOT BE SURPRISED if someone from congress is in ISI payroll.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

Our coward leaders have already named IM as the culprit on TV news - that spares them from taking action against Pakistan.
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

Though not intended, the "low intensity" blast (as it looks) is as convenient for congress as for TTP. I will give benefit of doubt to congress, coz we elected them :(
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

there is nothing called indian mujahideen. it was a term coined by congress to absolve their political birathers from across the border.
prithvi

Post by prithvi »

The intensity is pretty much directly proportional to the amount of explosives.. if they managed to successfully place the explosives then decision to make it low, medium or high insentive is on whom.. and why.. .? Dont they try to inflict maximum damage always..?
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

animesharma wrote:Though not intended, the "low intensity" blast (as it looks) is as convenient for congress as for TTP. I will give benefit of doubt to congress, coz we elected them :(
no we did not. the voting machines did.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Extremely tragic and painful for the victims.One hopes there is a crushing response to the jehadis whoever they are,wherever they are.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

I dont bloody believe it - Chhagan Bhujbal just blamed mafia for the blasts on TV. :(
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

chaanakya wrote:
shyamd wrote:device concelaled inside meter box of advertising hoarding near bus stand at zaveri vbazaar - source acp of area
there was a scenario like this in SS4 by Dileep , I think.
There was also similar real-life incident involving exploding letter-boxes, in order to intimidate families of policemen.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Bade Bade Shehron main aisi choti moti baatein hoti hain... :roll:

:evil:
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

on behalf of 2G,3G, soniaG, dickvijayG condemns this inhuman act and demands full enquiry into Samjhauta, Hemant Karkare, Pramod Muthaliks vandalism, Gujarat pogrom etc. so that future blasts can be prevented.
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

Screw the Peace Process
Screw US WOT
and most imp SCREW Pakistan.

The GOI Should react strongly
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

Rajiv Lather wrote:I dont bloody believe it - Chhagan Bhujbal just blamed mafia for the blasts on TV. :(
He is congressi, how do u expect him to be bold enough to blame ISI.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Folks humble request only, please stop the cheap shots at the UPA govt at this time. These dont add value to this thread. Let us collect all the info here. All of us are hurting and we know about the short comings of our current Govt so no point rehashing the same old comments at this time of tragedy.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

Improvised Explosive Devices used for Mumbai serial blasts: MHA.

http://twitter.com/#!/ibnlive
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

1. Well let's hope, the casualties are few.

2. Weren't there some protests in valley about 1931 the imaginery 'uprising'.

3. Now what?

Folks humble request only, please stop the cheap shots at the UPA govt at this time. These dont add value to this thread
+1 (also CTs)
Last edited by ManuT on 13 Jul 2011 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

Rajiv Lather wrote:I dont bloody believe it - Chhagan Bhujbal just blamed mafia for the blasts on TV. :(
saar, you never know, he might have been asked by Con-Gress party via Sharad Pawar to give statement.Yesterady, Shri Pawar and Rajmata were sharing very pleasant moments during cabinet expansion.

Con-gress will never give such statements directly. This is SOP of India's longest ruling party. :roll:
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

Oh our Great India - yet again NSG bomb disposal team and forensic team is being flown from Delhi. We, in this time and age can't have such teams spread in about 10 big cities? I hope the NSG does not have to wait while they find a plane to fly them. I feel like banging my head.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

This is sickening. Some of you lowlifes are using this as an opportunity to get back at the Govt/Congress for whatever reasons. Shame on you, calling yourselves Rakshaks. Which Govt. would want their citizens to die such brutal death? Which Govt want such negative attention over and above what has been happening to them in the past one year. Get a life, suckers.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

I hate Hakimji, only the other day were Hakim, SS debating what the pigs would be upto next? Looks like DI network is in full swing in Mumbai with lots of Police personnel on their payroll.
aliasgar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aliasgar »

anishns wrote:Bade Bade Shehron main aisi choti moti baatein hoti hain... :roll:

I wonder if you would feel the same way if, God forbid, your loved ones were involved
Stop making stupid comments like this
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

aliasgar wrote:
anishns wrote:Bade Bade Shehron main aisi choti moti baatein hoti hain... :roll:

I wonder if you would feel the same way if, God forbid, your loved ones were involved
Stop making stupid comments like this
He is referring to the statement made by R R Patil the Maharshtra Home Minister after 26/11.

YES, he had actually said that. :evil:
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

BijuShet wrote:Folks humble request only, please stop the cheap shots at the UPA govt at this time. These dont add value to this thread. Let us collect all the info here. All of us are hurting and we know about the short comings of our current Govt so no point rehashing the same old comments at this time of tragedy.
I Agree.
Can we have another thread for CTs, speculations, accusations and frivolous posts and leave this thread strictly for news -- PLEASE?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

folks...its important to catch the news bites before the spin sets in...
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I hope the casualties stay low. :cry:
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Vipin_Upadhyay wrote:Dadar is highly crowded. hope there are no more casualties. :(
Per some stats, the population density during peak hours (like 7.10 PM) is more than 50,000 psqft
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

NIA says since the IEDs were wrapped in cloth bag/tiffin it a signature IM strike, I want to ask them did IM patent this and are they the only ones to have the right to use this, NIA should stop providing such inane statements. Hope none are critically injured, return of 13/26 as Rangudu gaaru said
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pakistan army.

They want Indian mobilization so they can get more US aid and an excuse to pull out from West.

Catch 22 for India.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

No, they don't have a patent, but accusing the IM is entirely justified in this case. Nothing wrong with thinking it was their strike.

Still waiting, hoping, for news that the bombs, particularly in Dadar, did not kill or wound too many people.
aliasgar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aliasgar »

He is referring to the statement made by R R Patil the Maharshtra Home Minister after 26/11.

YES, he had actually said that. :evil:
Sorry anishns
Good thing that Patil got sacked - what an Ahole
Last edited by aliasgar on 13 Jul 2011 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

It is now 8.30 pm. The special plane carrying NSG and forensics will leave Delhi 'after' half an hour. Let us see by what time can they get in action.

Must add that the response from firemen, ambulances and police has been quite prompt.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Dmurphy wrote:This is sickening. Some of you lowlifes are using this as an opportunity to get back at the Govt/Congress for whatever reasons. Shame on you, calling yourselves Rakshaks. Which Govt. would want their citizens to die such brutal death? Which Govt want such negative attention over and above what has been happening to them in the past one year. Get a life, suckers.
Which government?
the very government which questioned integrity of one of the dead police officers. ?
the very government what has failed to get any justice for 200 odd Indians who lost their lives. earlier?
The buck stops with the GoI.
All fair in a democracy!

I feel no shame in calling a spade a spade. Whatchagonnado?

Moral policing - that aint your job here mate. So you know what to do!
Last edited by Neela on 13 Jul 2011 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

ok, some relief. just spoken with a friend who runs a shop near Mumbadevi Temple.
per him, Police response and ambulance was quick. good self-descipline shown by crowd, no panic. wounded already taken to hospital but some more casualties may happen :(
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

HT reporting says NSG team flying to Mumbai.

I was going to say this was my last day of posts on BR. Guess this changed my mind.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Zhaveri bazaar had been targetted the last time as well IIRC.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

there sure are parallels with previous serial blast masterminded by tiger menon of DI gang in 1993! Zaveri bazar has always been prime target and this time they specifically targeted diamond trading area in both operahouse and zaveri bazar . Have had a lucky escape in 93 when bomb planted in scooter right under my building in zaveri bazar failed to go off as trigger melted away in direct sunlight, but the one planted in next street did went off. The one today also seem to have been an IED bomb mounted on a scooter, would be hardly 50 meters from two spots which have been targeted before. The area would be very crowded at the time in fact would be teaming with people. Looking at similarities from previous blasts its clear that planning for this must have been going on for few months at least.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Neela wrote:Which government?
the very government which questioned integrity of one of the dead police officers. ?
the very government what has failed to get any justice for 200 odd Indians who lost their lives. earlier?
The buck stops with the GoI.
All fair in a democracy!

I feel no shame in calling a spade a spade. Whatchagonnado?
(++^)
Dmurphy wrote:Which Govt. would want their citizens to die such brutal death? Which Govt want such negative attention over and above what has been happening to them in the past one year.

Sigh !! some people are so naive