Baluchistan: The Story of Another Pakistan Military Genocide

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Re: Baluchistan: The Story of Another Pakistan Military Geno

Post by shyamd »

Think about logistics. You have a vast open coastline. The same routes that have been used to support the Baluchi groups. There are so many Indian dhows plying the coast.
Money is the main thing at the moment. Special forces to train and guide forces.
or if you want deniability, ask them to catch a dhow to India. Train them an send them back.

Then the next is to give them media attention.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Shyamd Ji,

For media coverage, all BLA has to do is blow up a Chini vessel or two or sabotage refineries there than petroleum pipes, they will get media coverage alright. BLA targeting pipelines might indicate their lack of firepower among other things? if I were a BLA chief and want the world to know about Balochi struggle, I would go great guns, I will collect resources, and go after TSP and Chini machinery there. I am pretty sure this has crossed their mind, so I surmise they don't have enough support to pull that off, how else can you explain numerous kidnappings, killings, many Baluchi elders death yet, nothing big from these guys? I think they don't have enough support/means do anything big.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Feb 23, 2012
By Josh Rogin
Rohrabacher: The Pakistanis are ‘hard-core, two-faced enemies’: Foreign Policy
Rohrabacher isn't shy about his anger with the Pakistani government, its attitude toward the United States, and its actions related to America's war against the Taliban and al Qaeda. In fact, the discovery that Osama bin Laden was hiding for years in the Pakistani military town of Abbottabad was direct motivation for his Baluchistan initiative, he said.

"What made me really determined to get involved to the point where I was willing to author resolutions like this was when Osama bin Laden was discovered in an area which made it clear that Pakistanis had for eight years taken billions in U.S. foreign aid while giving safe haven to the monster that slaughtered 3,000 Americans on 9/11," he said. "At that point I felt, no more walking on egg shells around Pakistan."
Basically for what the Pakis did to USA by hiding Osama bin Laden for 10 years, USA can demand any pound of flesh, and that flesh can be Baluchistani Independence too.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

venug wrote:Shyamd Ji,

For media coverage, all BLA has to do is blow up a Chini vessel or two or sabotage refineries there than petroleum pipes, they will get media coverage alright. BLA targeting pipelines might indicate their lack of firepower among other things? if I were a BLA chief and want the world to know about Balochi struggle, I would go great guns, I will collect resources, and go after TSP and Chini machinery there. I am pretty sure this has crossed their mind, so I surmise they don't have enough support to pull that off, how else can you explain numerous kidnappings, killings, many Baluchi elders death yet, nothing big from these guys? I think they don't have enough support/means do anything big.
Independence will be won by showing the world people of their moral right to independence and how they are being butchered. You need dual front - unarmed protesters to be killed and plight to be shown on international media and at the same time you need BLA to target pipelines and key installations.

But anyway, we are not reaching the end game. End game will be a few years down the line. But Baluchistan today is virtually like Syria - massive unrest.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Shyamd jI,
What I am afraid is, in the past several equally strong protests and rebellions were crushed by TSP, Now with PRC moving into Gwadar and North TSP, PRC can and will teach a thing or two about how to crush such insurgencies, even though TSP has managed well without anyone's help. With social engineering, killings, Baluchistan will lose their leaders to keep the fire burning. I hope what you say is true and the end game in indeed near. I wish we could do more for Baluchis.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

PRC, IRan and TSP who will collaborate to stop Baluchistan from splitting. they may have to accept the will of the Baluchi people provided the people get the right support they need.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

shyamd ji,

Time is not on the side of the Baluchi people. Their intellectual class is being wiped off the earth, their sparse population is being terrorized and scattered, and their province is being resettled by non-Baluchis. Time is on the side of Pak-Iran-China and their iron grip. So if anyone wants to help the Baluchi cause, they will have to move fast.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

^^^ That is what I think too Carl ji, I even think that TSP already has has taken a leaf out of PRC's social engineering book. Systematic elimination of prominent leaders, silencing the masses under the fear of killings etc and then relocating the Punjabi population into Balochistan to make Baluchis a minority in their own land all will dampen the spirit of Baluchis. Not only that I am not sure but I think Taliban too can be goaded to kill BLA leaders. Balochistan is not going to be free that soon. Balochistan leaders too lack clear vision, once they spit venom, then later they talk about 'grievances' and that they have '8 points' etc which need to be addressed and then everything will become normal once again. I think fighting a bigger enemy with so many friends it has needs a greater resolve than what they depict.

India I think is waiting for this same reason- lack of clear resolve from Balochis, what if they turn their tail after we promise them the moon? fight for Balochistan has very very long way to go even after decades of fighting, it has nothing much to show.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Baloch bodies and Punjabi conscience —Abbas Zaidi
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2012_pg3_5
The difference between the Adiala Seven and the hundreds of Sangats is that the former are Punjabis and Deobandis and the latter are Baloch and secular. The Punjabi conscience is hurt when a Punjabi is tortured even if he belongs to a terrorist organisation and openly claims to want to kill anyone who does not subscribe to his fascist ideology. Punjabi anchors and judges can take on a most revered and lionised institution, the army, when a Punjabi is kidnapped or tortured. But let the entire Baloch nation be brutalised, and no media conscience is hurt. It is not that the media does not report the inhuman atrocities unleashed on the Baloch. Newspapers do editorialise on the Baloch. But mostly it is the English language newspapers that do so. Very few Pakistanis read English language newspapers. Whenever our Urdu newspapers report the Baloch problem, they temper it with banalities like ‘foreign hand’ and ‘Baloch terrorists’. Our talk show anchors do discuss the Baloch problem. But they always bring on ‘experts’ who denounce Baloch human rights campaigners (such as Sangat) by calling them Indian agents. Mostly these ‘experts’ are retired generals or their lackeys.
The Punjabi ruling elite has not learned any lesson from history. In the past it was the Bengalis whom the Punjabi media and the Punjabi generals called traitors. What the Bengalis wanted were their fundamental human rights. Now the same arrogant mindset is calling the Baloch a bunch of traitors financed by India, Israel, and the CIA. And Rehman Malik has the shameless chutzpah of declaring ‘amnesty’ for Baloch leaders. His own colleague, Israrullah Zehri, Federal Minister for Food Security and a Baloch himself, has said that he does not trust Rehman Malik. Amnesty for what crime? Is demanding one’s natural rights such a crime that the queasy Punjabi conscience is outraged and then the same conscience is filled with compassion for the traitors and consents to offer them amnesty?I believe we can save Pakistan from being dismembered for the second time. I believe that the Baloch leaders will opt to live with and in Pakistan if the abusive and anti-Baloch Frontier Corps (FC) is withdrawn from Balochistan, its abuses and atrocities investigated and made public, and the culprits in its ranks punished. The Baloch should be given provincial autonomy as per Pakistan’s constitution. This can be a good beginning. But I am afraid that the Punjabi mindset is not tailored to treat others with respect. Punjabis can either enslave others or be willing slaves to others. One sincerely hopes that some sense will prevail before it is tool late.
Arav
BRFite

Post by Arav »

http://www.dawn.com/2012/02/25/balochis ... ports.html

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court repeated on Friday its earlier directive to the Inter Services Intelligence and the Military Intelligence (MI) to submit their reports on ‘senseless and indiscriminate’ killings in Balochistan.
Arav
BRFite

Post by Arav »

http://www.dawn.com/2012/02/25/baloch-l ... cases.html

Baloch leaders reject Malik’s offer to quash cases

QUETTA: Baloch nationalist leaders have rejected Interior Minister Rehman Malik’s announcement about withdrawal of cases against Brahamdagh Bugti and Harbayar Marri and said the Balochistan issue cannot be resolved without recovery of missing persons and bringing to justice the elements involved in dumping bullet-riddled bodies.
Arav
BRFite

Post by Arav »

A festering wound in Pakistan by Anita Joshua in The Hindu
If Pakistan manages to weather the crisis it is facing with the demand for an independent Balochistan gathering steam, the nation may have to thank an American for it. An American who is presently a dartboard for the political class and opinion makers of a country that has mostly turned a Nelson's eye to this festering province.
In fact, the collective silence on Balochistan and the bid to paper over the sense of alienation felt by the Baloch have been likened to the narrative that prevailed in West Pakistan about its eastern flank ahead of the 1971 War. Through the war, people were told via mainstream media that Pakistan's victory over India was certain. Not just the media, even diplomats serving overseas were fed these lies by the Yahya Khan dispensation, according to retired diplomat Tariq Fatemi.
“What you read in the Pakistani newspapers and see on the television channels is barely the reflection of anti-Pakistan public sentiments prevailing in Balochistan. Pakistan has failed as a state to resolve issues which matter a lot more to the elite, such as the power crisis. No one is truly interested in Balochistan among the rulers. The politicians can't fix it and the soldiers can only worsen it.

“The real thing that merits attention is the issue of demands. Many Pakistanis still do not want to hear the real Baloch demands but the Baloch movement is not meant for provincial autonomy. There is a full fledged movement for Balochistan's independence taking place in the province. No matter what Pakistan provides them this time, it is not going to help.'' With these words, Mr. Akbar sums up what is being articulated by Baloch leaders from various locations. Such is their anger now that they don't mind being labelled Indian/American agents. In one television programme, Baloch Republican Party chief Barhamdagh Bugti's retort to a question on whether he would take India's help was: “Why only India? If satan offers help, we will take it.”
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Its not a festering wound but the ultimate conclusion of the two nation theory as Baloch nationalism asserts itself just as Persian under the Abbasid caliphs.

The fight is between ummah and nationalism.

BTW even Communism saw this fight between FSU and PRC in the post Stalin era.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Zbigniew Brzeizinski used nationalism and ethnic identity to defeat communism. Will that be the answer to islamism too? And perhaps Pakistan? Karzai hit the nail on the dot with his recent interview to Aussie media and identified the problem of Paki Islamist indoctrination of Pakhtuns.

It is only balochistan that is the problem for TSPA. Sindh has kicked off now with SLA. Sindh home minister told a paki MI officer enquiring about SLA origins - this is the product of poverty and discrimination!!

I'm working on acquiring the TSPA game plan to resolve all of these issues. Will post when I receive everything
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

X-post from TSP thread:

Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf party is going to use demagoguery to try to sweep the Baluch freedom struggle under the carpet. But the fact is that the historical record of the PTI and some of its members has been callous and even actively supportive of Islamabad's brutality against the Baluch. So while these people now speak sweet words, their deeds must not be forgotten.
From this video of IK's speech on Baluchistan:
Balochistan is not different than a musical chair game for the Pakistani politicians. Everyone wants a chance like the toddlers in kindergarten. Now a new emerging party which claims to bring a change in Pakistan that consist some old faces who once were the crime partner of Musharaf's government in Balochistan. PTI leader Imran Khan has also apologized to the people of Balochistan in a public meeting on 25th December in Karachi. With knowing the difference between Baloch & Balochi Imran Khan said ''I apologies to my Balochi brothers,'' he further said, "We have treated Balochistan like a colony.'' This is a historical fact that Balochistan was a free country, but it was forcefully annexed by Pakistan, and now it is treating the Baloch the way a colonizers treat the colonized people.

Imran Khan's PTI had protested number of times for Aafia Siddiqui, but Imran khan never uttered a single word for 150 Baloch women, including Zarina Marri and Haneefa Bugti, illegally kept in Pakistan's military cells. Imran Khan's PTI was on forefront against the drone strikes in tribal areas but remained silent on Pakistan military bombardment in Kohlu, Naseerabad, Mashkay and Mand towns of Balochistan. How many times PTI bothered to announce a rally for recovery of 1000's of Baloch missing persons or ever protested on recovery of 100's of bullet riddled bodies of Baloch youths? Even on his "massive" public meeting Imran Khan did not dare to utter a single word against ISI and Army for their offensives in Balochistan.

This hollow apology game is nothing other than a tool to engage the minds of Baloch to counter the freedom struggle. Now the Baloch nation is not in a position to accept the apologies of anyone, to betray the great martyrs, who did not sacrifice their lives asking for an apology from the rulers. They sacrificed their precious lives for an independent Balochistan. A straight and bitter message for all those who think that Baloch are hopeless: "Hopelessness is a sin but hoping from Pakistan is the greatest sin''

What will happen to the people of Balochistan? In this Pakistani government baloch have always suffered the worst and they will suffer as long as they're a part of this country. Today's imran khan is no different from those who made the promises just to be elected. Balochs don't be fooled by stupid pakistani politicians and their fake promises.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Some resources on Baluch people and Baluchistan:

The Baluch: Video

The Baluch and The Brahui and Their Rebellions: Tribal Analysis Center

The Baloch Race
By M. Longworth Dames
London 1904

Murakhta Supreme!
• The Khan of Kalat in March 1946 deputed Samad Khan - a member of the All India Congress Commitee (AICC) - to plead Kalat's (the then Balochistan's) case with the Congress leadership.

• The interim Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru rejected Kalat's claims, presumably due to the party's general attitude to the princely states.

• Ghaus Baksh Bizenjo, president of the Kalat State National Party, went to Delhi and met Congress President Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.

• Azad argued that Kalat would never be able to survive as a sovereign, independent state and would have to ask for British protection.

• Such a demand, Azad said, would render the sovereignty of the subcontinent meaningless. This was why Indian help for Kalat was ruled out.

• Afterwards, an All India Radio (AIR) broadcast of March 27, 1948 reported a press conference by VP Menon, Secretary in the Ministry of States.

• Menon revealed that the Khan of Kalat was pressing India to accept Kalat's accession, but added that India would have nothing to do with it.

• The Khan was upset by this. He reportedly told Pakistan's President Muhammad Ali Jinnah to begin negotiations for Kalat's treaty of accession to Pakistan.

• The Cabinet minutes of that meeting, as well as Nehru's reply to a question on March 30, 1948, made it clear that Menon was misquoted. But the damage had already been done.
Man, :x because of one man, we lost
  • Tibet
  • Gilgit-Baltistan
  • Aksai-Chin
  • Baluchistan
  • 1962 War
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

RajeshA wrote: Man, :x because of one man, we lost
  • Tibet
  • Gilgit-Baltistan
  • Aksai-Chin
  • Baluchistan
  • 1962 War

If not for Patel we would have lost Hyderabad and may be the entire Assam and other eastern states. If I have a time machine I would go back and put a Magnum round in his temple.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Altair wrote:
RajeshA wrote: Man, :x because of one man, we lost
  • Tibet
  • Gilgit-Baltistan
  • Aksai-Chin
  • Baluchistan
  • 1962 War

If not for Patel we would have lost Hyderabad and may be the entire Assam and other eastern states. If I have a time machine I would go back and put a Magnum round in his temple.
I think we on BRF are wasting our time, trying to find out ways how to put Bharat together again! Instead we should be putting together that time machine! Then Bharat would not have broken up in the first place!

Man just imagine, India letting Baluchistan go for no better reason than lack of sound common sense in one man in India!

If Pakistan could have existed on two sides of India - as West and East Pakistan, what was stopping India from accepting Khan of Kalat's offer. Then India too would have existed on two sides of Pakistan! In fact, the integration of Baluchistan in India would have only strengthened JLN's claim of secularism!

I think BRF should institute a Prize for Supreme Murakhta in India! We know who will be winning the prize posthumously for the next 65 years in a row! :x
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

A MUST-READ ARTICLE for anyone following this thread.....

Should the US support an independent Balochistan?
A handful of US congressmen support creating an independent Balochistan, carved out of mostly Pakistani land.
Last Modified: 03 Mar 2012 15:46

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio ... 96390.html

I would suggest that any Rakshaks in the US should especially read this article and do whatever they can to help this idea along. RK
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/editoria ... efield-841
The killing of Zamur Domki along with her 13-year-old daughter Jaana on January 31 in Karachi was a new low in that violence-prone city. It may have been routinely described as yet another criminal act except that Zamur was the granddaughter of slain Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti and the sister of Brahamdagh Bugti. Brahamdagh is wanted by the Pakistani authorities for rebelling and waging war against Pakistan. This brutal murder was a ruthless message to Brahamdagh. There was immediate retaliation by the Baloch Liberation Army, which killed 15 Frontier Corps men and injured 12 others in attacks on four posts. Balochistan has been in perpetual revolt ever since Pakistan became independent — there were four other campaigns after 1948. The current rebellion gained momentum after the assassination of Nawab Bugti in August 2006 and the murder of Balaach Marri, son of Nawab Khair Bux Marri, one of the two surviving leaders of the famous 1973 Baloch uprising. The other survivor is Sardar Ataullah Khan Mengal. Among younger leaders of a possible Baloch revolt, Brahamdagh Bugti lives in exile in Switzerland, while Hyrbair Marri (Khair Bux’s son) is in London. But there is no totem pole in Balochistan around which the Baloch nationalists can rally. The constant Baloch grievances against Islamabad have ranged from deprivation of profits from its contribution to the national exchequer to inequitable sharing of the province’s abundant natural resources with the Baloch people (which are siphoned off, mainly to Punjab). The Baloch also resent the fact that they are outnumbered by outsiders (mostly Punjabis), and that prime arable land is being parcelled out to these “outsiders” and the Army, which, in many cases, is double jeopardy. The nationalists probably echo Ataullah Mengal’s warning last year — “Balochistan will not remain with you.” There are other problems for the Baloch. The Baloch lack centralised leadership in the campaign for their rights. There are as many as six Baloch insurgent organisations that have been banned by Islamabad, including the Baloch Liberation Army, Balochistan Republican Army and Baloch Liberation Front. In the absence of reliable data, conservative estimates assess that there have been at least 180 attacks since 2005. While the West may fret over events in Syria, very little attention has been paid to what has been happening in Balochistan. From the West’s perspective, while Syria has to be destabilised to get at Iran, Balochistan must be kept stable in order to keep Pakistan happy and maybe helpful in Afghanistan. Balochistan provides access to Kandahar and borders the predominantly Sunni province of Sistan-Balochistan in Iran. It is not in America’s interest, therefore, to make any noise about killings and disappearances in Balochistan. The province is thrice the size of Syria in area, located on the borders of Iran and astride the Strait of Oman, and not far from the Strait of Hormuz. Balochistan was a base for drones, and Pakistan remains far too important for America’s global calculations to allow anything more than congressional hearings. The deliberations of the US House foreign affairs committee on February 8 upset the Pakistan government as much as it elated the Baloch nationalists. The US simultaneously has been making moves to “normalise” relations with Islamabad. There is also considerable long-term Chinese interest in having access to the port of Gwadar, which would shorten the route for China from and for its African and Gulf interests to Xinjiang. The Chinese have considerable interests in the Saindak copper mines, in mineral resources, Sui gas and the possibility of participating in the Iran-Pakistan pipeline if and when it materialises. The Iranians have alleged that Mujahideen-e-Khalq as well as Jundullah are sectarian Sunni-US proxies operating from Balochistan against Iranian interests. Having learnt from the tactics used in the Arab Spring protests last year, the Baloch nationalists — many of whom are outside Pakistan — have been using Internet platforms such as Twitter to spread their message rather effectively. Almost every day one reads about killings, abductions and kidnappings both by the state and the nationalists; there are reports of explosions but very little is reported outside the province. There have been a few brave articles in Pakistan’s English-language press, but the Baloch anger at years of discrimination, deprivation and suppression — at the hands of Pakistan’s Punjabis — continues to manifest itself. The reaction from Islamabad to all this has been predictable. It has been a policy of kill and dump bodies of young Baloch nationalists as a warning to others. Human Rights Watch, in its 2012 World Report, documented that 200 Baloch nationalists had disappeared or were killed in the previous year. The Asian Human Rights Commission report says at least 56 bullet-ridden bodies of “disappeared persons” had been found in Balochistan. An estimated 200 extra-judicial killings had taken place since 2010. There were a total of 711 killings in 2011 — comprising 122 SF personnel, 47 militants and 542 civilians. The situation is further complicated because, along with Baloch insurgents, there are Pushtun Islamists and sectarian mafia. The Quetta Shura of Mullah Omar, which is present in the midst of a strong Afghan Pushtun population, is another complication and cause for ethnic tension. Sectarian militant outfits like Lashkar-e-Jhangvi have repeatedly targeted the Shias. It is suspected that this has the blessings of Islamabad/Rawalpindi. Over 50 Hindus have also been kidnapped for ransom in Balochistan in a bid to discredit the nationalists, which gives a clear indication of the lawlessness in the province. And last year around 12,000 Persian-speaking Hazaras had to leave Quetta, fearing for their lives. All this is a form of Wahabi ethnic cleansing. The best way out for Pakistan would be to negotiate with Baloch leaders in good faith; but possibly it feels the jackboot is the better option. The world will continue to ignore Balochistan, while the Baloch will continue their lonely struggle, which the Pakistan government will try to suppress through force, and innocents will continue to die.
The writer Vikram Sood is a former head of the Research and Analysis Wing, India’s external intelligence agency
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

x-post
Resolve Baloch issue or Pakistan will disintegrate says parliament
On Monday members of Pakistan’s upper house called on the central government to take critical steps towards addressing the human rights crisis in Balochistan. The Senators said, according to The Daily Times, that if the current trend continues Balochistan would “totally disconnect itself from Islamabad” and Pakistan could disintegrate.

PML-F’s Senator Muzaffar Hussain Shah accused Pakistan’s government of treating Baloch nationalists unjustly and urged giving consideration to the views of Baloch leaders. He warned that the country would disintegrate otherwise.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Dilbu wrote:x-post
Resolve Baloch issue or Pakistan will disintegrate says parliament
On Monday members of Pakistan’s upper house called on the central government to take critical steps towards addressing the human rights crisis in Balochistan. The Senators said, according to The Daily Times, that if the current trend continues Balochistan would “totally disconnect itself from Islamabad” and Pakistan could disintegrate.

PML-F’s Senator Muzaffar Hussain Shah accused Pakistan’s government of treating Baloch nationalists unjustly and urged giving consideration to the views of Baloch leaders. He warned that the country would disintegrate otherwise.
Baluchistan will never be allowed to break away by real masters of pakistan who are saudis. The saudis now have sunni nukes via pakis and if pakistan disintegrates then they stand to lose the nukes. I sympathise with Baluchis who were hindus for thousands of years until few hundred years back when they were converted.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

^ akashganga why are you always so negative?
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Carl wrote:^ akashganga why are you always so negative?
I am being realist and not negative. When you deal with a 1400 year old violent ideology what other conclusion can one draw.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Balochistan is another Bangladesh?

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/column ... sh_1662528
Mir Ghaus Bakhsh Bizenjo, a respected political figure of Balochistan, which had stridently opposed its inclusion in Pakistan in 1947,”We are Muslims but it is not necessary that by virtue of being Muslims we should lose our freedom and merge with others. If the mere fact that we are Muslims requires us to join Pakistan then Afghanistan and Iran, both the Muslim countries, should amalgamate with Pakistan.”
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Check out this video

anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

nvishal wrote:Check out this video
Just another day in the beknighted land of pa'astan. AoA!
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

anupmisra wrote:
nvishal wrote:Check out this video
Just another day in the beknighted land of pa'astan. AoA!
Goondas fighting out in TV. This shows that pakjabis and ruling elite of pakistan will never be able to win over Baluchis. In my opinion Baluchis will never be allowed to gain independence at least for the next 50 years by outside powers. I see bloody life for Baluchis for many generations to come. Hey Bhagwan Baluchiyon ko Bachalo.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Article by Sana Baloch, former Baluch senator in TSP:
Baloch are a Society under Siege
Pervez Musharraf’s article ‘Understanding Balochistan’ was not only misleading, it was full of distortion of facts about Balochistan and the Baloch people. As could be expected of him, he failed to acknowledge in his article the folly of his misplaced military policies (which among other things resulted in that shameful defeat at Kargil). Nor, of course, did he apologise for the loss of lives in Balochistan. Instead, the Commando – who appears to believe that spreading of misconceptions and malicious propaganda can continue to mislead the people of Pakistan on the Balochistan issue – made a crude attempt at disinformation. He thereby sought to acquit himself, the army and the FC of the countless charges of killings, human-rights violation, disappearances, ethnic-cleansing and systematic suppression of the Baloch people.

Today Balochistan is a virtual prison. With thousands of check-posts dotting the province, the Baloch are a society under siege. This land of despair, death, and violence in numerous forms, had largely been peaceful before Musharraf launched an aggressive campaign of what can only be described as “colonisation.”

His policies and actions devastated millions of lives in Balochistan. Thousands of people were forced to flee their homes, and in the process lost their regular means of livelihood. One tragic result of their displacement was the deaths of countless children from malnourishment in the scattered inaccessible camps. Meanwhile, thousands of Baloch students were deprived of education because they were unable to go to colleges and universities for fear of abduction and murder.

In his article, Musharraf also touted the old “foreign hand” theory, saying, “I have always warned of a known foreign hand trying to destabilise Pakistan through Afghanistan and Balochistan.” Therefore, for him the mass violation of human rights in Balochistan is a planted notion. Similarly, there are no disappearances and no missing persons in Balochistan, according to him; to believe otherwise is promotion of anti-Pakistan by agent provocateurs. His article was a vain attempt to take Pakistanis’ focus away from the tragedy of Balochistan. “It is a pity,” he said, “that human rights violations are not being noticed in Kashmir or Assam in India, but are visible only in Balochistan.” He blames TV anchors and writers in the print media for damaging the solidarity and unity of Pakistan.

As a true Baloch-hater, he believes in dealing with the Baloch people and their leadership with an iron hand. There is no doubt in the minds of the Baloch that the Pakistani establishment, to which Musharraf belonged, has a policy towards the Baloch people of using the “Iron-hand”-for control over Balochistan by force and for the endless exploitation of Baloch wealth. It is this arrogant, brutal mindset which is the cause of all human rights violations in Balochistan, where non-Baloch forces rampantly kill and intimidate political activists.

Musharraf’s pathetic ignorance about Balochistan clearly shows through in his version on the Baloch-Pakhtun divide. On the one hand, he certifies the patriotism of some ethnic communities and tribes by calling them pro-Pakistani, and on the other he accuses others of being anti-state. The Pakhtuns are peace-loving fruit-growers and traders, in his view, and the Baloch are foreign agents.

His knowledge of Balochistan’s geography, tribes, regions, and languages only reveals the extent of his ignorance. According to his deconstructed Balochistan, the Mengal tribe inhabits eastern Balochistan, in areas neighbouring those regions where the Bugti and Marri tribes. In fact, the Mengals inhabit central and south-western Balochistan.

The Baloch-Pakhtun divide and inter-tribal and intra-tribal conflicts in Balochistan are results of the establishment’s deliberate policy of divide and rule. The Baloch and Pakhtuns in Balochistan are well aware of the fact that, although tensions and differences are part of human societies, particularly less-developed ones, these are always inflamed by the establishment in pursuit of its divide and rule policy.

In overemphasising the element of tribal differences and existence of militants the former dictator has deliberately tried to take readers’ attention away from Balochistan’s genuine political demands. Nowhere does he mention the fact that Balochistan has a history of progressive nationalist political parties and movement.

Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti was head of the Jamhoori Watan Party and he confronted Islamabad as a Baloch nationalist politician, not as a tribal chief. Nawab Bugti in his political capacity helped many settlers reach Pakistan’s top positions. He chose many settlers to represent his views in parliament. Non-Baloch jurist Muhammad Zafar was elected to the Senate in 1994 as a member of the Jamhoori Watan Party. In 1997, Nawab Bugti chose two Pashto-speakers, including the well-known political figure Khudai Noor, to represent his party in the Senate. Mr Bugti was an open-minded political figure, and not just a tribal chief.

Musharraf mentioned Mengal tribal elders without mentioning their immense role in Baloch politics. Sardar Attaullah Mengal and Akhtar Mengal are not followed by thousands of Baloch for tribal reasons, but because of the two leaders’ commitment to and sacrifices for the Baloch cause. Their views represent Baloch aspirations and dreams and their legitimacy is derived from the Baloch people, not from government agencies. Akhtar Mengal heads one of the largest and most popular political organisations of Balochistan, the Balochistan National Party, and his views represent a strong segment of moderate Baloch political activists of the province. Likewise, Nawab Khair Bakhsh Marri is respected by the Baloch and neighbouring people because of his policies and his political standing, not because of his tribal position.

Since Balochistan’s democratic voice has always been neglected and ignored by short-sighted ruling elite in Pakistan, Baloch political frustrations accumulated over a long period. Musharraf’s aggressive introduction of military and paramilitary garrisons in Balochistan raised apprehension among the more conscious segments of Baloch society. The political reaction to these exploitative, suppressive and demographic threats was understandable.

Musharraf and the anti-Baloch clique within the establishment hold the Baloch people and their leadership responsible for Balochistan’s underdevelopment and miseries. Yet how can a region develop when it has more soldiers than teachers, more garrisons than universities, more naval bases than institutions devoted to science, technology and research?

In Balochistan, cantonments of the Frontier Corps (FC) outnumber colleges. There are more police stations than vocational training centres and more check-posts than girls’ schools. Is this what Musharraf and his ilk call development?

The writer is a former senator from Balochistan.

Source: The News, Islamabad
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

BRP Spokesman Says Pakistan Day Celebrations on Gun-Point Indicate Popularity of Baloch Independence Movement
The Baloch Republican Party (BRP) has said the celebration of Pakistan’s independence Day in Balochistan “on gun-point” and complete boycott of events by the Baloch population clearly showed Pakistan’s defeat in the province and also indicated how much the Balochs hated the ‘occupying forces’.
“We congratulate the Baloch nation over boycotting the Pakistan day and distancing itself from such shallow celebrations,” he said.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Tomorrow is the day Baluchistan was taken over by TSP. Tomorrow will be big and a renewed thrust. Baloch are united and this is going to spell big problems. All they need is international support via diplomacy and use expats to convince the GCC, then next move is to get washington on board.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Balochis will be crushed if they try seriously. GCC is too deeply entangled with Slumabad to allow Balochis any space. Moreover at this stage Baloch fireworks is a distraction neither GCC nor Slumabad can afford.

It will be good if Balochis try anything. It will make it clear on which side enlightened despots stand, and the distinct Balochi identity obsessed will get eliminated. That space is ours. The less the women-buriers and slave-auctioneers among them left for us to deal with, the better.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

brihaspati wrote:It will be good if Balochis try anything. It will make it clear on which side enlightened despots stand, and the distinct Balochi identity obsessed will get eliminated. That space is ours. The less the women-buriers and slave-auctioneers among them left for us to deal with, the better.
And the land fall more firmly into the talons of a hybridized, augmented version of the same (who will further fortify with the natural resources there)? If India is not prepared to get its hands bloody in Af-Balochistan then IMHO imaginary chankianism cannot substitute for action.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Carl wrote:
brihaspati wrote:It will be good if Balochis try anything. It will make it clear on which side enlightened despots stand, and the distinct Balochi identity obsessed will get eliminated. That space is ours. The less the women-buriers and slave-auctioneers among them left for us to deal with, the better.
And the land fall more firmly into the talons of a hybridized, augmented version of the same (who will further fortify with the natural resources there)? If India is not prepared to get its hands bloody in Af-Balochistan then IMHO imaginary chankianism cannot substitute for action.
Independence for Baluchistan? Forget it. It will not happen for a long time. See the fate of Kurds. They have been fighting for Kurdistan for a long time and getting screwed by their co-religionists whether arabs or turks. India cannot do anything because pakis have nukes and arabs will not agree to that. May be hundreds of years in the future if a time comes when arabs start dumping islam then it is possible.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Carl wrote:
You want BD2 where Islamism can pretend to be sugary and spicy and the leopard who lost its teeth in old age and turned vegetarian and live to bite another day? I said, that space is ours. Not just third but not even second parties.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

GCC is actually neutral. The balochi population saved GCC and is ingrained in GCC defence. Pretty big population there and that too in important positions. Oman was helping a lot. The baloch are yet to properly engage the GCC govt. most of the baloch rebel videos are by gulf naturalised citizens. No one wants to split balochistan.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

brihaspati wrote:I said, that space is ours. Not just third but not even second parties.
B ji, I guess I don't understand how the space is ours. Allowing Baluchistan to slip away into tighter Pak qabilah control seems to take it further away. An independent Baluchistan will at least be more amenable to Indian influence.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Carl wrote:
brihaspati wrote:I said, that space is ours. Not just third but not even second parties.
B ji, I guess I don't understand how the space is ours. Allowing Baluchistan to slip away into tighter Pak qabilah control seems to take it further away. An independent Baluchistan will at least be more amenable to Indian influence.
I have been telling for years. BD was a tactical brilliance and a strategic blunder. We do not want to make BD2. The ethnic leadership of current Balochis are an uncanny parallel to then BD "liberals" - practically speaking various factions oif Islamists who are using regionalism to preserve their own corner of Islamist domination against a larger Islamist claim. They pretend "tolerance" and liberalism onlee up to the extent of getting politico-military support to gain soverignty. But do not ever imagine that the core of Islamism will go away. Analysis of BD politics and the evolution of AL from ML [Sk Mujib started his political career within ML] and the subsequent Islamist core that eliminated him and brought Zia to power should have made this basic pattern amply clear decades ago.

The Balochi feudal leadership are equal islamist barbarians to their enemies in slumabad.

I don't want a BD2 - providing closet Indian islamophiles an excuse to protect alternative centres of Islamism [to use for their own internal politics] at the cost and potential genocide of the non-Muslims of the subcontinent.

As I had suggested for BD - for the Balochis too - we should not intervene too early. We want the hardcore to be reduced in a war of attrition with slumabad. We want the real liberals to escape and form emigre within India. But that society's islamists either need to erase themselve sin competition with slumabad or join up with slumabad thereby losing legitimacy. That makes it much easier to clear up and absorb at one go when Pak falls.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Heavy troop movement to panjwai in balochistan. Possible major operation could be about to commence.

Balochistan in shut down today in protest of accession to TSP?