Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
arun
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2

Post by arun »

Jhujar wrote: Here is Poaq understanding of Caste/Zaat ,Paat
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/archi ... 31627.html
Caste is the WRONG word. We dont have a CAste system in Pakistan - thats in India.
We have a 'zaat' or 'baradri' thing.In India Caste determines all aspects of society and you 'socail staus/standing'.In Pak, you wouldnt even know what your best mates 'zaat' would be - it isnt an issue, and it wouldnt be a factor in you making friends.Example: I met up with Kashif 2 weeks ago, and we mentioned 'zaat' - he mentioned his, and I mentioned mine. Now thats after a year of knowing him. In India, under the CASTE system - our Caste system would determine whether we were friends. If we were the 'wrong caste' - we wouldnt sit together on an equal social level.I dont know any of my mates 'zaats' - and thats in over 25 years of knowing them. Thats how differentiate 'zaat' and 'caste'
It's pretty bad in India for sure, especially it plays a huge role in marriages ( i don't know about choosing friends on the basis of caste though). I myself didn't know my caste untill i was 19 when i asked my dad just because my friends were talking about it otherwise it has never been an issue in my family and we hardly ever care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stripped of the Mohammadden rhetoric of brotherhood of the momin, caste is very much alive and well in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Ajmal Kamal in the Express Tribune on caste in Pakistan Occupied Punjab:

Castes in Punjab :
To somehow conclude that Punjab — or any other part of the present Pakistan — has been free from caste divisions, prejudices, discriminations and politics is to affirm our national trend to deny historical and social reality.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Surrinder ji,

My experience with Punjabi Hindus has been totally different, even with those who migrated to Haryana and Delhi. They would always communicate in Punjabi with their friends / family members and were big fans of Punjabi music.

The situation would be different in Haryana (ex- South Eastern Punjab), since we have always spoken Jatu/Haryanvi.

My 2 c.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

arun wrote: Ajmal Kamal in the Express Tribune on caste in Pakistan Occupied Punjab:

Castes in Punjab :
To somehow conclude that Punjab — or any other part of the present Pakistan — has been free from caste divisions, prejudices, discriminations and politics is to affirm our national trend to deny historical and social reality.
Thanks. I had linked another article by the same author on an earlier page. I seem to have missed this one. I had forgotten to mention that "qaum" is another code word for caste in Pakistan. Qaum, clan, zaat, gotra, tribe etc are used. But not caste.

Check the Muslim Paki caste names
Mussalmans had the most numerous qaums, as many as 13: Jat, Arain, Lohar, Ghumiar, Bar-wale, Mirasi, Teli, Nai, Mochi, Machhi, Syed and Kashmiri.
Also check these quotes
a recent whispering campaign vilifying a federal minister in which he was alleged to be from a Nai family.
and
Mukhtaran Mai whose teenage brother (a Gujjar) made the mistake of crossing the caste boundary by befriending a woman of a high and dominant caste (Mastoi). As a punishment, he was sodomised by a gang of people who were later convicted for the crime by the Court. Mukhtaran herself, according to the minority judgment of the Supreme Court, was gang raped for her brother’s caste crime.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

The take away line from this article:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/375139/nato ... rcussions/
The PPP lawmaker also revealed that the delay in the reopening of the Nato supply lines annoyed the US to the extent that it conveyed to the party leadership its options of working with alternate political forces of the country.
shyam
BRFite

Post by shyam »

Even my experience with Punjabi Hindus in Delhi/Hariyana was that when they meet other Punjabis they quickly switch to Punjabi. My relative, of course from Kerala, who was working for a Punjabi business man in Delhi slowly started picking up Punjabi.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Pakistanis deemphasise caste because after conversion, they have in fact become outcasts/outcastes rather than caste less. That is they are longer privileged to enter caste interactions. That is they may not marry, dine with, or be guardians to caste members, even enter their homes.

Their problem is that Hindus and Sikhs do not observe caste taboos, even while purportedly being of different religions. My prediction is that where ever in India Muslims still live in the traditional rural manner with Hindu neighbors , they will identify themselves as castes.
Last edited by sanjaykumar on 07 May 2012 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Panjabi is a language of domesticity. That is it is used with spouses, children, servants.
It is conflated with religion for political purposes. But traditionally it is associated with illiterate rural folk. That is changing slowly. In panjab the fundamental cultural demarcation is urban rural, not himdu sikh. When Hindu panjabi
children stop learning it at home then I will start worrying about ethnic identities.

If one recalls the BSF officer Bains explanations of the gunning down of the paki by the two females, it is clear that Sikh panjabis can and do speak the most excellent Hindi.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://dawn.com/2012/05/07/china-group- ... -projects/
China group (less) interested in AJK power projects
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is seeking a push for early mobilisation of Chinese contractors to start construction of 1,100MW Kohala Hydropower Project (KHP) and increased financial support for under-construction 969MW Neelum Jhelum Hydropower Project (NJHP).Sources said the Chinese contractors CWE – a subsidiary of Three Gorges Dam – had been showing less interest in going ahead with the $2.2 billion Kohala project and dilly-dallying on mobilising its machinery and workforce to start it even though the project had been negotiated through official channels of the two governments bypassing public procurement rules.An official said the crucial two-day session of the Pak-China Joint Energy Working Group (PCJEWG) opening here on Monday would revolve around the $3.6 billion NJHP and $2.2 billion KHP even though it would take up 19 projects involving a total cost of over $12 billion.Despite repeated contacts, Wapda authorities were not willing to comment if the Chinese firm was reluctant to go ahead with the construction of Kohala project. Water and Power Secretary Imtiaz Kazi, however, did not agree that the Chinese company was showing hesitation on the project and said the main purpose of the session was to remove bottlenecks in various projects.Responding to a question, Mr Kazi said he would not speculate on specific projects that would come under discussion on Monday but the two sides would discuss enhanced cooperation between the two countries on about 15 energy sector projects.Until last week, the Chinese Exim Bank was reluctant to provide $448 million to the NJHP unless Islamabad covered the currency fluctuation loss arising out of US dollar’s declining value.In fact, we are now asking them to increase their financing to about $500 million,” said a senior official who hoped the breakthrough would be achieved in the first round of meeting with Water and Power Minister Syed Naveed Qamar
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I think that on the topic of caste, India and Pakistan it is essential to bear in mind the effect of historic baggage.

The word "caste" got a bad name and was associated with Hindus. Words like jati (jaat/zaat), varna, gotra, qaum et did not enter the common English language media.

Caste became a bad word. Tribe and clan did not become bad words.

Caste became a bad word because Hindus were (wrongly IMO) blamed as people who would eternally keep some people down by birth. The people who would do that and the people who would have that done to them were identified, labelled and branded by the British who said that "caste" X would always ill treat and dominate "caste" Y

This was the reputation that Hindus, and therefore "Hindu India" had in 1947. What Indians did was to rapidly recognize that "jati" as in clan/ethnicity was no problem, but use of jati/ethnicity in social discrimination was a problem that was being blamed on Hindus. This latter issue was addressed by legislation so that while jatis/clans and family connections remained intact the social degradation was gradually reduced.

Pakistan inherited the same societal structure with the same jati/zaat/qaum and the jati based discrimination. Since Pakislamics claimed that theer was no discrimination in Islam and that all people were equal they lied to themselves and everyone else that since all shitistanis were Muslims Jatt/Rajput == Chamar/Missal/Lohar. This of course was never the case. But Pakis have lived in denial and absolutely nothing has been done to check this social discrimination.

So the important point is not that "caste exists in India". The discrimination was there Hindu, Sikh or Muslim. That discrimination has been reduces in Idnia but remains untouched in Islamic Pakistan. And because of that discrimination the lower castes of Pakistan still have reduced access to education and job and wealth and they own no land. These people have multiplied in number and many have either joined the LeT, LeJ as foot soldiers, or as money-contributors.

The Taliban are a slightly different ball game - but I must look at Pakhtun society in detail before I commit any comments.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

shiv wrote:The Taliban are a slightly different ball game - but I must look at Pakhtun society in detail before I commit any comments.
Pashtoon society is a little different. They have a very very very strong sense of tribe (all ending in "zai", it seems :). It does not appear that they have a concept of caste within a tribe or across it, for that matter.

I would be interested in your findings, though.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

surinder wrote:
shiv wrote:The Taliban are a slightly different ball game - but I must look at Pakhtun society in detail before I commit any comments.
Pashtoon society is a little different. They have a very very very strong sense of tribe (all ending in "zai", it seems :). It does not appear that they have a concept of caste within a tribe or across it, for that matter.

I would be interested in your findings, though.
On Tribalism vs Taliban
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Bojitive newz onlee..AoA
DERA ISMAIL KHAN — Intelligence officials say the Taliban have beheaded two Pakistani soldiers and hung their heads from wooden poles in a town in the country’s northwest. :D

A Pakistani Taliban commander says militants seized the two men on Sunday night when the army raided two houses in Miran Shah, the main town in the North Waziristan tribal area.

The military operation followed a militant ambush on a security checkpoint in Miran Shah earlier Sunday that killed nine soldiers.

The intelligence officials did not specify how the soldiers were seized, but confirmed that their heads were hanging from poles in two different parts of Miran Shah.

The officials and the Taliban commander
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi ... story.html
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/alqaeda-chief-alzawahiri-is-in-pakistan-hillary/255440-3.html

http://dawn.com/2012/05/07/sanctions-if-nato-supplies-not-restored-mukhtar/
Federal Minister for Defence Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar said on Sunday that Pakistan might face sanctions if it did not allow Nato supplies as it would be a violation of international conventions
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Quoting from that article
The army retaliated with helicopter gunships, which pounded suspected militant hideouts and also hit three houses and a mosque in the town, said intelligence officials. Three civilians were killed and 20 were wounded in the helicopter attacks, they said. It’s unclear how many militants were killed. :rotfl:
Quick points :-

=> Pakis will beg for drone attacks themselves. Its clear that normal Paki military operations aren't that successful in this area and the costs are high both on the military and civilian side.

=> The policy of inciting anti-Americanism and overriding that anti-Americanism if enough $s were offered has reached a dangerous phase. Now, some Pakis want their H&D preserved no matter what the costs are. :lol:

=> Pakis are using heli gunships to attack Taliban, their own countrymen.

Let the summer begin! 8)
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

"Pakistan should move ahead with the decision of abolishing the visa regime unilaterally even if India hesitates to reciprocate the initiative at this point in time. I believe India will be forced to follow suit once Pakistan breaks this barrier. In my opinion, this step can go miles in bringing these two nuclear powers closer," he was quoted as saying.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 031849.cms

While the rest of the World has shut it's doors to the Paki, seems like there is a massive lobby in INdia that will fall for this Visa free initiative if initiated in Pakistan. Some of the Paki elite have started realizing all too well how India can be undone. If at all this happens, our Islamist population will also rise 47% in a decade. There can be no rational control over the incoming Paki..the average Kasab to the RAPE kind. In that scenario all our decision making capability will hinge on blackmail of a direct action day type scenario. This is such a bad idea to think..
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Zawahiri is in Pakistan, I cleared 10 million bounty for Hafiz: Hillary

'US should provide information on Zawahiri's presence in Pakistan': Khar
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Monday that if the United States has any solid intelligence information on the presence of al Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri in Pakistan...
:rotfl:

Don't bother looking in the safe houses build by your intelligence agency FM Khar, the US will anyway send in the helis when CIA finds where Zawahiri is.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

harbans wrote:
"Pakistan should move ahead with the decision of abolishing the visa regime unilaterally even if India hesitates to reciprocate the initiative at this point in time. I believe India will be forced to follow suit once Pakistan breaks this barrier. In my opinion, this step can go miles in bringing these two nuclear powers closer," he was quoted as saying.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 031849.cms

While the rest of the World has shut it's doors to the Paki, seems like there is a massive lobby in INdia that will fall for this Visa free initiative if initiated in Pakistan. Some of the Paki elite have started realizing all too well how India can be undone. If at all this happens, our Islamist population will also rise 47% in a decade. There can be no rational control over the incoming Paki..the average Kasab to the RAPE kind. In that scenario all our decision making capability will hinge on blackmail of a direct action day type scenario. This is such a bad idea to think..
MY post not be confused with Honest, Patriotic NRI's.

Many of these group if notice have foreign citizenship for themselves and/or thier children. They also have long time PR . Like some NAC members who were Trustees of ISI funded trusts this group also gets paid for taking such a line. In the countries from which this group receives funds, this groups activities would have been called treason, but in India these guys get the benefit of doubt.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

I think that Surinder is talking about Hindus living in Punjab and Muslims living in Pakjab.

Punjabis when they are outside of Punjab, miss punjabi language and are more inclined to preserve it. Punjabis inside Punjab think of Punjabi language as an un-sophiticated rustic language while Hindi, English (due to Bollywood culture) are cool.

I love Haryanvi, Maithali, Braj Bhasha, Khari Boli but I hate Bollywood Hindi (which has become de-facto urban language now across India).

Just like Bollywood Hindi on the other side of Border the Pakjabis speak their own style of "Punjabiised Urdu" which is good for urbaniites but for them Pendu's (villager for punjabi) only speak the rustic un-sophisiticated Punjabi language.

There is no difference between Lahore and Amritsar accent (of punjabi only) but Pakjabis use a lot of "Persian/Arabian" words while we don't. We use Gurmukhi/Hindi script they use Urdu script (to write punjabi). At Lahore fort in 2005 I asked a person what it was written in Urdu (probably some history of the fort) he replied "Bau! kapde te aine sohne paye ne te parna likhna nahi aaunda?" i.e. "With such good clothes you can't even read/write"., when I told him that I was from India he switched over to "Urdu" probably to impress me. I hired a guide for Shalimar gardens (about 25 Kms from Wagah border) and he started in Urdu, I asked him to speak in Punjabi which he switched right away. The perception in India/Pakistan punjab/pakjab is

1. If you have good clothes, camera, etc then you must converse in English or in Hindi.
2. If you are speaking in Punjabi then you are rustic/pendu/villager who has not been exposed to Hindi/English.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Hearing disturbing news that Rinkle Kumari may be mutilated/grievously injured
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

U.S. citizen abducted in Pakistan asks Obama to meet al Qaeda demands

Just look at the demands made by Al Qaeda and you'll come to the conclusion that they are learning from Pakistani parliament's guidelines. :rotfl: The only thing they left was a condo on the moon.

By the way, look at some of the top comments (pasting some of them below). Pakis have earned quite a formidable reputation among Americans.
Mr. Weinstein took his life into his own hands when he traveled to Pakistan...for money.

Why the hell would a guy named Weinstein allow himself to be sent to Pakistan? Good lord! Some people just have no sense.

I DO feel sorry for Mr. Weinstein, but if you are dumb enough, for whatever reason, to visit or travel for business to the hell hole of the world, and you get kidnapped, sorry sir, you are on your own.

Your life was in your hands when you decided to go to a political cesspool of a country to make a buck.

Oh. So this guy works for a company that was looking to market products to Pakistan, the country that harbored Bin Laden. He gets abducted, so now it's somehow the U.S. Government's problem? Sorry bucko.

Shouldn't have gone to Pakistan. This is akin to someone being offered a million dollars to walk through a lions cage and then crying for help when they're getting munched on.

shamefull, This is the reason non military personel should never be in a war zone. All you treehugging trolls who comment on this thread how all these demands could and should be met are no better than this fool who went to a war zone looking for profit and let himself be put in a situation to be used as a pawn , his captors and himself know these demands will never be met . This video is simply a ploy to further devide our nation by appealing to the bleeding heart sheeple , who actully believe that the extremist will leave us alone if we withdraw. there is as much chance of these demands being met as there is the chance he would be released even if they were.

If your last name is "Weinstein" you probably should avoid Pakistan.

Pakistan is a Muslim country with many extremists. What was Weinstein, a Jew, doing in a country known for Islamic extremists? I assume he knew the risks, and now he will likely pay the price for his disregard for common sense. BTW, its not the job of the POTUS or Seal Team Six to risk their lives for the stupidity of US citizens abroad.

We don't negotiate with terrorists. Anyone living in Pakistan does so at their own risk. Greed will take people to work in dangerous places. I pray for he and his family; however, the US cannot negotiate.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

harbans wrote:While the rest of the World has shut it's doors to the Paki, seems like there is a massive lobby in INdia that will fall for this Visa free initiative if initiated in Pakistan. Some of the Paki elite have started realizing all too well how India can be undone. If at all this happens, our Islamist population will also rise 47% in a decade. There can be no rational control over the incoming Paki..the average Kasab to the RAPE kind. In that scenario all our decision making capability will hinge on blackmail of a direct action day type scenario. This is such a bad idea to think..
This is what makes me nervous as well.

The RAPE have been making concerted efforts to acquire that 'long term' beach head into India. They are already here in large numbers. Even in the Chennai area particularly near Vellore I ran into a couple a few years ago. GOI for instance does not yet fully track foreign nationals of TSP origin, as was exposed during the DH debacle. My estimate would be that there is at least a 100,000 RAPE already in India, and more coming all the time.

The true flood will come when India's per capita income is roughly 5 Times the TSP one. This is the GDP relation between Mexico & USA. This date, per my numbers is about 4-5 years in the future. So look out for 2016.

Look for 'Asylum' demands and demands under international convention to start doing the rounds soon. Weepy images of RAPE families being sent back will be next
Last edited by Theo_Fidel on 07 May 2012 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Paki attitudes towards Punjabi language:

1) it is a rustic language, not fit for sophisiticated, upward, modern, elite, rich people.
2) It is to be used when talking to villagers ("Paindo") and rustick folks. To be used with household naukars etc.
3) To be used in street fights to appear strong and robust and aggressive.
4) To be used with friends when cracking jokes and enjoying life and appearing cool.

Hindu (called Urdu by them) is to be used to indicate that they were not that base rustic class. Their Hindi accent is too punjabi, and all the incorrect diction. A person from Lucknow will see it either as butchery or a poor laughable attempt.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Theo_Fidel wrote: The RAPE have been making concerted efforts to acquire that 'long term' beach head into India. They are already here in large numbers. Even in the Chennai area particularly near Vellore I ran into a couple a few years ago. GOI for instance does not yet fully track foreign nationals of TSP origin, as was exposed during the DH debacle. My estimate would be that there is at least a 100,000 RAPE already in India, and more coming all the time.

The true flood will come when India's per capita income is roughly 5 Times the TSP one. This is the GDP relation between Mexico & USA. This date, per my numbers is about 4-5 years in the future. So look out for 2016.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that there are many in Indian Punjab as well. Mosques are growing in numbers there and so is the ROP population. Some of it undoubtedly from UP/Bihar, but some from TSP.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Theo_Fidel wrote: The RAPE have been making concerted efforts to acquire that 'long term' beach head into India. They are already here in large numbers.
We too are looking to establish a long term beach head into Pakistan.Not just beach heads but shell companies and safehouses too. Look at the opportunities(I am not talking about economic ones) that the evolving trade relationship will bring.As of now we are locked in a civilazational struggle with Pakistan and trust me we are not going to prevail in this struggle if we continue to have a defensive mindset.
SureshP
BRFite

Post by SureshP »

TFTA shrink :((
Height of Pakistanis has fallen 4 inches over 50 years, say experts

By Shamsul Islam
Published: May 7, 2012

Cousin marriages, malnutrition have led to height decrease, reveals Professor Dr Iqrar Ahmad Khan.

FAISALABAD:
The average height of Pakistanis has fallen four inches over the last 50 years due to malnourishment and food deficiency.

This was revealed in a workshop on “Applied Nature Need Based research Projects of Food Industries” organized by National Institute of Food Science & Technology (NIFSAT) University of Agriculture, Faisalabad here on Monday.

Speaking on the occasion, Vice Chancellor, UAF Professor Dr Iqrar Ahmad Khan, said that cousin marriages were also one of the reasons for the short stature of Pakistanis. He urged the need for new diet packages to be introduced for balanced, affordable food.

Dr Iqrar also expressed concerns over existing eating habits, saying 50 years ago, large amounts of corn flour was traditionally consumed, but over time, Pakistanis had lost the mechanism to cook roti with corn flour, which was a cheaper, healthier staple food item.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/375257/heig ... y-experts/
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

SBajwa wrote:I think that Surinder is talking about Hindus living in Punjab and Muslims living in Pakjab.

Punjabis when they are outside of Punjab, miss punjabi language and are more inclined to preserve it...
That may be the case, my bad Surrinder paaji!

In my experience, my friends from Punjab ( they live outside Punjab but their families are still in Punjab) are very proud of their Punjabi culture, sometimes to the extent of being arrogant. :)

Hindi is a language of UP. Punjab has been able to preserve its language and culture even in the urban elite, thanks to the robust Punjabi music industry. Similarly, Bengal / north east / southern states have been able to preserve their language for numerous and different reasons.

Just look at what has happened to Haryanvi because of lack of music/entertainment industry. Most of urban people below 25 can't understand a Haryanvi Ragni that their parents were so fond of. Migration from rural to urban areas might keep it alive for sometime though. They have all moved on to English/Hindi. I'm sure Rajasthan / Himachal and many other states have similar stories. Unintended consequences!
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Roperia wrote: Hindi is a language of UP.
Roperia ji , While hindi is definitely a language of UP and UP authors have contributed immensely to the development of Hindi Literature , Hindi is not the mother tongue of majority of UP People atleast in rural areas.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

The bollywood language is "Hindi" while UP has the languages which are Awadhi, Kannauji, Bhojpuri, Braj Bhasha, Bundeli, Bagheli and Khari Boli. The languages of Bihar are Maghai, Mathaili and Bhojpuri.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SureshP wrote:TFTA shrink :((

By Shamsul Islam

Cousin marriages, malnutrition have led to height decrease, reveals Professor Dr Iqrar Ahmad Khan.

FAISALABAD:
The average height of Pakistanis has fallen four inches over the last 50 years due to malnourishment and food deficiency.

This was revealed in a workshop on “Applied Nature Need Based research Projects of Food Industries” organized by National Institute of Food Science & Technology (NIFSAT) University of Agriculture, Faisalabad here on Monday.

Speaking on the occasion, Vice Chancellor, UAF Professor Dr Iqrar Ahmad Khan, said that cousin marriages were also one of the reasons for the short stature of Pakistanis. He urged the need for new diet packages to be introduced for balanced, affordable food.

Dr Iqrar also expressed concerns over existing eating habits, saying 50 years ago, large amounts of corn flour was traditionally consumed, but over time, Pakistanis had lost the mechanism to cook roti with corn flour, which was a cheaper, healthier staple food item.
Cross posting. This might explain it

Muslim Healthcare Study
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

darshhan ji and SBajwa ji,

I stand corrected.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

By Shamsul Islam

FAISALABAD:

This is all bullscheiße.

The Pakis were never that big anyway. Now they are trying retroactively to ascribe to themselves a taller build arising naturally out of their "superior" Turkic, Persian and Arabic genes.

Now they are afraid that people would start asking themselves why they look so SDRE! :mrgreen:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

The funny thing about Punjabis is that a whole lot of non Punjus (like me) like to put on a Punju accent and use Punju words because
1. It sounds like fun to say things that way - ebullient, confident, loud, friendly. The language is like that onlee.
2. The curse words are the best in Indian languages - only Tamil comes close IMO
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Pakis are going to backtrack on the issue of NATO supply routes in the next six weeks for sure. The Paki general budget is to presented in May-June. The already announced growth rate of 2.9% will look even worse if US doesn't release the funds resulting in a very high fiscal deficit.

Too bad, they won't go down fighting like a wanna-be ghazi.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RajeshA wrote:
This is all bullscheiße.

The Pakis were never that big anyway. Now they are trying retroactively to ascribe to themselves a taller build arising naturally out of their "superior" Turkic, Persian and Arabic genes.

Now they are afraid that people would start asking themselves why they look so SDRE! :mrgreen:
There is another reason for this Rajesh. These assholes in the old days would have measured the tallest and richest RAPE kids and passed it off as "normal" for Pakistan. Now they are beginning to measure the others and are smelling the coffee.

But hey - look at the minimum requirement for officers training academy Kakul, Abbasbuttaintbad - 5 feet 4 inches.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country where Courts frequently hand down onerous punishments for anything that may be deemed as mishandling what Mohammaddens consider a Holy Text, namely the Koran; mutilating Koranic verses on doorways is apparently legally kosher :roll: :
Lahore police: Ahmadi mosque looks too much like a mosque

May 6, 2012 | 12:38am

ISLAMABAD — Last week, a group of police officers in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore visited a mosque run by Ahmadis, a minority Muslim sect viewed by the rest of the country as heretics. They took a look around and announced their conclusion: This mosque looks too much like a mosque.

So, two laborers who accompanied the police picked up their hammers and chisels and began removing Koranic verses etched over the building’s doorway, said Shahid Ataullah, a spokesman for the Ahmadi community in Lahore. The officers also told the Ahmadi clerics who run the mosque that the building’s minarets -- the tall, spindly towers synonymous with mosque architecture -- had to be covered up. ……………….

L.A.Times
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

By Shamsul Islam

FAISALABAD:

But Pakistanis will still be Tfta because of Imaaaaan!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Who SFTAed the pakis hainji?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

At first glance a run of the mill case of Green on Green violence in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan with the “less pure”, notwithstanding his status of being a Mohammadden Cleric, being taken out by his “more pure” co-religionists:

Ulema to protest cleric’s killing on 8th

The interesting twist in this story is that this may be a case of Green on Green violence pitting un-uniformed Jihadi’s against Uniformed Jihadi’s of the ISI / ISID.

Maulana Sami Ul Haq, aka Sammy Sandwich so nicknamed after being photographed in an inventive position with several bedmates; has alleged that the terminated Cleric Maulana Naseeb Khan Wazir who was also affiliated to the terrorist breeding Mohammadden seminary, the Darul Uloom Haqqania in Akora Khattak, was arrested by “officials of a spy agency”:

JUI-S chief threatens province-wide protests
Last edited by arun on 07 May 2012 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Poaq remain TFTA=Torn, Fatti, Tortured A..s
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Our former foreign secretary Kanwal Sibal writes:
Why must India make territorial concessions?

By Kanwal Sibal

PUBLISHED: 17:12 GMT, 7 May 2012 | UPDATED: 17:13 GMT, 7 May 2012

Peace with Pakistan is a desirable goal, but peace should be equally desired by both sides and both should contribute to it in equal measure.

The burden of making peace should not fall on India while Pakistan retains the freedom to disrupt it at will. Normalisation of India-Pakistan relations should not be predicated on demands by Pakistan and concessions by India.

Historically, Pakistan is not a victim of India's war-mongering; it is India that has suffered Pakistani military aggression and jihadi terrorism. Pakistan is more obliged to convince India of its peaceful intentions rather than the reverse.

The notion that India as the bigger and stronger country has to be generous with Pakistan is egregious. …………………….
Read more:

Daily Mail