Mumbai Terrorist Attack-News stories and timeline

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Re: Mumbai Terrorist Attack-News stories and timeline

Post by SSridhar »

shyamd wrote:The ISI handles Indian Lashkar operatives with care
. . . He had said that they were targeting the Nashik police academy since they felt that it was the Indians who carried out the attack on the Karachi police academy.
Lahore Manawan Police Academy ?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I recall there was a TSP thread at that time. The image of a scruffy 'militant' without pants being held by a burly Kammandu comes to mind.

How delusional by the ISI to think its an Indian attack!

Baitullah Mehsud had claimed the (dis)credit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Lahor ... my_attacks
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

SSji, thanks a lot for this list. I was planning to make one myself but found this! Could this list be maintained in the blog so that it could be spread far and wide?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

partha wrote:
SSji, thanks a lot for this list. I was planning to make one myself but found this! Could this list be maintained in the blog so that it could be spread far and wide?
Partha, based on this list, I have 2 or 3 posts in my blog. I am still left with about 2 posts to make to bring the series up-to-date. Time is the impediment. But, your suggestion is good. I will put this in the blog.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote:How delusional by the ISI to think its an Indian attack!
Having created the myth that a Muslim won't/can't attack another Muslim and hence any such attack had to be the handiwork of the Yahud-Hanud-Nasara evil alliance, they cannot go back and tell their people that it was indeed the More Pious attacking the Less Pious. I am sure that the ISI is aware of what is happening around it. Even the ISI HQ was attacked, GHQ itself perilously came close to being taken over, FIA HQ was flattened, SSG mess, Wah,Taxila, Kamra, Badaber, PNS Mehran, Army recruiting grounds, buses carrying naval personnel were all brutally bombed. Surely, if all these were by the Indians, then Pakistan has already come under Indian control. Anyway, Islam/Pakistan khatrey mein hai is a useful warcry still because that will turn the focus of the Abduls on India (and nowadays the US also).

Besides, what can the ISI/PA say ill about the TTP ? After all, don't the Pakistanis support the vision of TTP ? The PA officers and men have consistently refused to fight the Taliban of both Afghan & Pakistani denomination. Ex-PA Generals are advisors to the TTP. Fatwas have been liberally issued saying that the Taliban who died fighting the PA were martyrs while the PA men who died were ineligible for that exalted position.

It also serves to tell this lie to an Indian recruit. This will be a good cover/excuse to mount terror strikes on India and claim them to be retaliation by infuriated non-state actors. Like the fake theory of invasion by the FATA tribes into J&K in October 1947 being spontaneous after the highhandedness of the Maharajah against the Muslims. Non-state actors were created by the Americans. So, Pakistan cannot be blamed or held accountable for anything. If at all, Pakistan itself is a victim of terror having lost 40000 lives and a trillion dollars.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Abu Jundal moves the Court to confess. - TimesNow
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

SS ji, they will always find some sort of an excuse to justify it to their cannon fodder. Key thing is how do you get them to stop it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SSridhar wrote:
SSji, thanks a lot for this list. I was planning to make one myself but found this! Could this list be maintained in the blog so that it could be spread far and wide?{/quote}
Partha, based on this list, I have 2 or 3 posts in my blog. I am still left with about 2 posts to make to bring the series up-to-date. Time is the impediment. But, your suggestion is good. I will put this in the blog.
SSridhar ji,

Please give us the link to your blog.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Still Paki.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

SSridhar wrote:
ramana wrote:How delusional by the ISI to think its an Indian attack!
Having created the myth that a Muslim won't/can't attack another Muslim and hence any such attack had to be the handiwork of the Yahud-Hanud-Nasara evil alliance, they cannot go back and tell their people that it was indeed the More Pious attacking the Less Pious. I am sure that the ISI is aware of what is happening around it. Even the ISI HQ was attacked, GHQ itself perilously came close to being taken over, FIA HQ was flattened, SSG mess, Wah,Taxila, Kamra, Badaber, PNS Mehran, Army recruiting grounds, buses carrying naval personnel were all brutally bombed. Surely, if all these were by the Indians, then Pakistan has already come under Indian control. Anyway, Islam/Pakistan khatrey mein hai is a useful warcry still because that will turn the focus of the Abduls on India (and nowadays the US also).

Besides, what can the ISI/PA say ill about the TTP ? After all, don't the Pakistanis support the vision of TTP ? The PA officers and men have consistently refused to fight the Taliban of both Afghan & Pakistani denomination. Ex-PA Generals are advisors to the TTP. Fatwas have been liberally issued saying that the Taliban who died fighting the PA were martyrs while the PA men who died were ineligible for that exalted position.

It also serves to tell this lie to an Indian recruit. This will be a good cover/excuse to mount terror strikes on India and claim them to be retaliation by infuriated non-state actors. Like the fake theory of invasion by the FATA tribes into J&K in October 1947 being spontaneous after the highhandedness of the Maharajah against the Muslims. Non-state actors were created by the Americans. So, Pakistan cannot be blamed or held accountable for anything. If at all, Pakistan itself is a victim of terror having lost 40000 lives and a trillion dollars.
Its not just Muslims, but pious Sunni Pakistani Muslims with no separatist agenda who are willing to kill Pak fauj.

It goes against everything Pakistani nationalists say is the nature of the national bond that holds Pakistanis together as a country.

The equation of Islam==Pakistan==Pakistan Army

IOW not just Islam, but respect for the PA's supreme moral authority.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Johann wrote:The equation of Islam==Pakistan==Pakistan Army

IOW not just Islam, but respect for the PA's supreme moral authority.
It is that equation that is being violently uprooted by the TTP et al. They are repeatedly driving the point across to the Pakistani masses that by supporting the Americans, the PA has become infidel and wajib-ul-qatil therefore. Buffetted by such arguments that instantly appeal to the masses, the PA which is impotent as far as retaliation to the US goes, turns its ire on India. Of course, PA/ISI do not need any such reason to attack us, but they are compelled to act when it becomes unbearable. Similarly, the LeT, in order to stop the exodus of its cadres to Punjabi Taliban groups, has to mount a terror strike against us. It is this explosive combination (which exists even otherwise) that is an unintended consequence of the TTP pressure on PA/ISI/LeT, as far as India goes.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

X-posting from TSP dhaaga

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 12695.aspx
According to Abu Jundal, a key 26/11 handler in Indian custody, Mir lives with his wife and two children at Garden Villa, about 20km from Islamabad.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

I was chatting with a pakistani colleague at work and his insight into 26/11 was that it was retaliation for Baluchistan (least that is the word there on street) he said that post 26/11 it has been fairly quiet in baluchistan. I was surprised hearing it so wanted to see what the buzz was.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Brad, pls Don't get caught up in the crap peddled by these fantasizing paks. It is their way of justifying to themselves that they are not evil.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

With 115 terror groups, radar on NE at all time high
BY VICKY NANJAPPA AUGUST 24, 2012 ASSAM BODO LIBERATION TIGER FORCE (BLTF) MUSLIM SECURITY COUNCIL OF ASSAM (MSCA) MUSLIM UNITED LIBERATION TIGERS OF ASSAM (MULTA) NORTH EAST TERRORIST ORGANISATIONS THE UNITED LIBERATION FRONT OF ASOM (ULFA) VICKY NANJAPPA

Pic: angloindiago.com

The violence erupted in Assam, the exodus took place down South and today North East is all over the news. The radar of the intelligence bureau today is probably the highest ever and this is not just the case in Assam but in every state in North East which has 115 designated terrorist organisations.

Out of the 115 terorist organisations that are present in all the states of North East, there are many who have been fighting for a home land while there are many more who have been fuelling the fire from across the borders. Intelligence Bureau officials point out that the iron is hot and terrorist groups from Bangladesh funded by the Pakistan establishment will be looking to strike.

The intelligence that has been received so far is not pertaining to terror strikes. It clearly states that the infiltration which had come down a great deal is likely to go up and many outfits which were formed at the behest of the ISI will be strengthened with the help of the local population who claim to be affected by the recent turn of events.

The IB and the police are however not tracking only those groups which enjoy patronage from outside. We are also keeping a close watch on some groups within and do not want peace to be disturbed as this will lead to more disturbances funded from across the border.

Assam which has the epi centre of this trouble has 36 designated terrorist outfits which have been banned by the Government of India. The United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA), Bodo Liberation Tiger Force (BLTF), Bengali Tiger Force (BTF), Muslim United Liberation Tigers of Assam (MULTA), United Liberation Front of Barak Valley, Muslim United Liberation Front of Assam (MULFA), Muslim Security Council of Assam (MSCA), Islamic Liberation Army of Assam (ILAA), Muslim Volunteer Force (MVF), Muslim Liberation Army (MLA), Muslim Security Force (MSF), Islamic Sevak Sangh (ISS), Islamic United Reformation Protest of India (IURPI), United Muslim Liberation Front of Assam (UMLFA), Revolutionary Muslim Commandos (RMC), Muslim Tiger Force (MTF), Harkat-ul-Mujahideen andHarkat-ul-Jehad are the main groups. The radar or the watch on these groups will be the highest and many groups which have been low key are threatening to rise after the recent violence.

In Manipur there are 39 designated terrorist outfits. The watch is high on United National Liberation Front (UNLF), Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP), Manipur Liberation Tiger Army (MLTA), Islamic National Front (INF), Islamic, Revolutionary Front (IRF). United Islamic Liberation Army (UILA), United Islamic Revolutionary Army (UIRA) and Chin Kuki Revolutionary Front (CKRF) In Meghalaya there are four outfits while in Nagaland there are three. In Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh there are 2 and one such outfits respectively.

In Tripura there are 30 designated terrorist groups of which the watch is high on National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT), United Bengali Liberation Front (UBLF), Tripura Defence Force (TDF). The watch at Tripura is also at an all time high and the police over there have warned that separatist groups are trying to revive themselves ahead of the assembly elections. The problem outfit at Tripura is however the NLFT which has found to be recruiting forces in the recent past. They have a force of around 150 members.

Intelligence Bureau officials say that the task in North East is extremely tough. While the respective state governments are dealing with separatist groups, the bigger worry for the central agencies is the outfits which are under the control of the Bangladesh and Pakistan based groups.

Security agencies say there is going to be a sea change in the manner in which these groups would operate. Earlier some separatist groups had taken the support of Islamic groups from across the border. However the violence at Assam has ensured that there is a clear divide between these groups. Groups such as the MULTA and MSCA in Assam will be looking to take advantage of the situation and will make this issue that commenced as an ethnic clash into a communal issue. This divide would however help Indian agencies to a certain extent as the separatist groups which have been fighting against the Indian administration could support the Indian cause as there is an expected aggression from outside the country.

While security forces continue to patrol many parts of the North Eastern states, they are also looking to see if the infiltration would go up. The infiltration into Assam had come down a great deal and these people had shifted to West Bengal. However with the recent spate of violence Bangladesh based terror groups such as the HuJI and others would look to push in more people in order to create a greater support base over there and also fuel violence on communal lines.

During the investigations that were conducted post the riots in Assam it was found that many of the migrants had valid documents on them. On one hand there is a claim that they are illegal migrants but on the other many have been found with valid papers on them. This police officials suspect could have been done to enhance the vote bank. However what has also been found that most of these documents which are in possession of these people are fake and has not been approved by the government. Based on these documents, these migrants have very often cast votes as well.

It is a well established network which is operating under political patronage, some officers point out. These people who keep migrating into Assam illegally do so with the help of touts and some hidden terrorist groups in Bangladesh. There is a proper process that they follow and each one comes in with a document which appears to be valid. They continue to live on as migrants for sometime and then they are issued with documents which give them a legal status to vote. This problem has been found in West Bengal and also in Bihar. In both West Bengal and Bihar it was seen how the HuJI and Indian Mujahideen managed to create a network among these illegal migrants. They set up camps there offering rehabilitation and used them as foot soldiers. The same has been happening in Assam as well and today we fear that it could be on a large scale and hence it is very important that this issue is taken very seriously, officials also point out.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

JE Menon wrote:Brad, pls Don't get caught up in the crap peddled by these fantasizing paks. It is their way of justifying to themselves that they are not evil.
But MenonJi, lets admit it, whatever may be the motive, and however evil TSP might be, TSP for sure has sent the 26/11 message to those it needs to in India, then laughed its ass off at the dosas, and are now reaping the rewards of that act of war through MMS's and others' largesse that we are currently seeing in motion. Will there be a repeat? I don't know, it all depends on at what point TSP decides that its 26/11 rewards have reached a point of diminishing returns and it needs to get India's attention once again.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CRS, Thats your take and you are welcome to it.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Brad Goodman wrote:I was chatting with a pakistani colleague at work and his insight into 26/11 was that it was retaliation for Baluchistan (least that is the word there on street) he said that post 26/11 it has been fairly quiet in baluchistan. I was surprised hearing it so wanted to see what the buzz was.
Do not underestimate India and think it's a wailing damsel-in-distress. We are double the scoundrels they are, if need be and with our size they are truly intimidated of India. TSP just cannot launch any attack on India without Unkil's backing. 26/11 footsoldiers may all be Pakis or might include Pakis, but the brain is truly elsewhere. Pakis are guys who cannot coordinate a proper internal defence of Karachi let alone launch an across sea attack on Mumbai. It's way above their grade. These people can sit, eat, dream pindliyon ka gooda, some ghazwa to end the day and snore away into the night. Dreams are most often incomplete because power goes off at 2 a.m. most likely.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

And the impunity with which immunity given to David Headley urf Daud Gilani is one glimpse of that. Now social media is being dry run to see how the "million mutinies" in India can be put to use without external terrorist attack.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Trial of 26/11 suspects adjourned for a week in Pakistan
This is not earth shattering news as the trial has already become a mockery of justice. And, lawyers asking for adjournment for a week citing illness is perfectly acceptable too. But, this one below, caught my eye.
At the last hearing on August 4, the case was adjourned for three weeks after defence lawyers were unable to come to court due to the cancellation of a flight because of bad weather.

Lawyers representing Lakhvi and the other accused were unable to travel from Lahore to Rawalpindi
Were the flights disrupted for nearly 3 weeks ? The distance is 530 Kms and there is an excellent motorway plus the Pakistani Railways runs many excellent trains. The judge is over generous.

See here for a chronology of court drama in Pakistan
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Why isn't this blog in the first post of every shitistan thread?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://dawn.com/2012/08/30/us-names-eig ... sanctions/
US names eight Pakistan LeT militants for sanctions
WASHINGTON: The United States placed sanctions on eight Pakistanis it called leaders of the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) on Thursday, one of them allegedly a key planner for the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
“The individuals targeted today include LeT members based in Pakistan who are involved in the outfit’s propaganda campaigns, financial networks, and logistic support networks,” the US Treasury said in a statement.The eight included Sajid Mir, a longtime LeT recruiter whom the US Treasury called the “project manager” for the November 2008 attacks that killed 166 people in Mumbai.Mir was also behind the recruitment of four “operatives” in the US state of Virginia in the 2000s, the Treasury said.Mir “cleared them for LeT’s militant training, and directed them to monitor and research US target sites.” Second on the list was Abdullah Mujahid, called LeT’s “senior paramilitary commander for Afghanistan” since around mid-2008.Also on the list are Ahmed Yaqub, called LeT’s chief for Bangladesh and Nepal operations; Hafiz Khalid Walid, who runs the LeT political bureau; Amir Hamza, a propagandist and central advisory committee member; Qari Muhammad Yaqoob Sheikh, head of the LeT ulema (clerics) wing; Abdullah Muntazir, called an LeT media official, and Talha Saeed, also in teacher and media relations for the group.
The US has labeled LeT a “terrorist group” and says it has links to the Taliban, the Haqqani network, and al Qaeda.The sanctions forbid US individuals and companies from undertaking any transactions with the eight and freeze any assets they may have in the United States.“Attacking LeT’s facilitation networks is particularly important, since charitable donations LeT raises in Pakistan – its primary revenue source – are used to fuel LeT’s militant operations,” said David Cohen, Treasury under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Speedy trial of masterminds will bridge trust deficit: MMS to Zardari
India is open to the idea of a Judicial Commission from Pakistan visiting Mumbai again in order to facilitate the speedy trial in Rawalpindi of seven men accused of masterminding the 26/11 attack.

Underlining India’s terrorism-related concerns, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on Thursday that an expeditious and successful conclusion of the Rawalpindi trial would be a major confidence building measure that would help bridge the trust deficit and shore up public opinion for normalising ties with Pakistan. {It won't be a CBM because TSP is not proceeding against Hafeez Saeed and the PA officers. It appears that India is reconciled to Pakistan never proceeding against these real masterminds and is willing to overlook}

Explaining the rationale of the judicial commission’s second visit to “interview’’ three officials, Mr. Mathai said while the Indian Government was positive about the request, it was still being examined whether this was legally permissible. The earlier visit saw the commission simply taking down their statements, which were struck down by a Pakistani court.

Mr. Zardari, said Mr. Mathai, responded to India’s desire for prosecution of the Pakistani masterminds of 26/11 by reiterating his country’s commitment to bring them to justice and agreed that terrorism posed a threat to peace and security in the region.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

26/11 mastermind, Zakhi-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, guarded by his own LeT guards within Adiala jail - Praveen Swami in The Hindu
Fresh evidence has emerged that top 26/11 suspect Zaki-ur-Rahman Lakhvi continues to be provided security by the Lashkar-e-Taiba though he is incarcerated inside the maximum-security Adiala jail in Rawalpindi.
Indian officials who visited Pakistan earlier this year, Home Ministry sources said, were told authorities there were confident that there was enough evidence to convict Lakhvi. Pakistani authorities have not, however, so far conducted forensic tests that would establish that he was one of several Lashkar commanders who guided the 26/11 attackers from a control room in Karachi, using voice-over-internet protocol connections.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Sorry, I just saw this response above:

>>But MenonJi, lets admit it, whatever may be the motive, and however evil TSP might be,

Really? "Whatever" and "however"? Their motives and evil mindset don't matter?

>>TSP for sure has sent the 26/11 message to those it needs to in India,

Again, really? Nobody in India gives a shit. And that really is the worst thing... for the terrorist state. A few here on BRF may fulminate, and some articles may be trotted out on appropriate anniversaries; but India has forgotten and moved on. Not forgiven though. We will remember it when the opportunity presents itself. And it will.

>>then laughed its ass off at the dosas, and are now reaping the rewards of that act of war through MMS's and others' largesse that we are currently seeing in motion.

Here you are making a ridiculous sequential and causal linkage between 26/11 and "MMS's and others' largesse" - as if this is being done because of 26/11 rather than in spite of it. Of course, it remains to be seen what we have actually given or will give to Pakistan.

>>Will there be a repeat? I don't know, it all depends on at what point TSP decides that its 26/11 rewards have reached a point of diminishing returns and it needs to get India's attention once again.

Almost certainly there will be a repeat. But again the causal link you are making is ridiculous and completely unwarranted by fact.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

JE Memon, in the absence of a Proper explanation for GOI behaviour by the Political Elite and Media. Such linkages into motives should be considered, although putting it on BRF might have little use rather than mass public meetings. Atleast when shit hits the fan and anther attack happens this whole 5th column can be removed from anythign to do with official decesion making.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

MenonJi, lets not get into semantics. Has TSP paid any price for 26/11, a colossal act of war? And has TSP done anything in response to India's dosas? But yet MMS-led Aman Ki Aasha is in full throttle with some pathetic weak-kneed pleas to TSP bring about some justice. This itself is India's massive give away. What more does India have to give up? Now whether or not there is a direct causal link between 26/11 and MMS's Aman Ki Aasha is irrelevant. Although I would argue that were it not for TSP's terror including 26/11, indeed India would care 2 hoots about this abomination. That we have Aman Ki Asha at all in the first place shows you a causal link between TSP's brutal assault on India, and India's inability to make TSP pay a price.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>MenonJi, lets not get into semantics.

But this is exactly what you have done... I merely pointed out the flaws.

>>But yet MMS-led Aman Ki Aasha is in full throttle with some pathetic weak-kneed pleas to TSP bring about some justice. This itself is India's massive give away.

The bolded parts are your perceptions, which is OK of course, anybody can feel whatever they wish about their own interpretation of events. The question is, how accurate is it? Is it a massive give away? I see nothing given away other than lots of paper (dossiers) and lots of air (Aman ki Asha).

>>What more does India have to give up?

What, in concrete terms, has India given up?

>>Now whether or not there is a direct causal link between 26/11 and MMS's Aman Ki Aasha is irrelevant.

Then why do you keep repeating it? Looks to me like a sustained attempt at either misleading forumites and/or focusing on a very specific internal political agenda. Stylistically, it is a very American approach, I might add. The kind of approach one might find on an American forum about Obama. Nothing wrong with that, either. Just observing.

>>Although I would argue that were it not for TSP's terror including 26/11, indeed India would care 2 hoots about this abomination.

What makes you think that India (I presume you mean the nation as a whole and in general) cares two hoots about this evil country now - even after all that? One could plausibly argue that that is the underlying reason behind much of Pakisatan's terror fixation, driven by their elite; they need us to pay attention to them; and to make matters worse, after every brief flurry of media moaning, we go right back to ignoring them and getting on with our lives - while their own country, as we all know, has been on a downward spiral for a long time now, with a turbo boost after 26/11.

>>That we have Aman Ki Asha at all in the first place shows you a causal link between TSP's brutal assault on India, and India's inability to make TSP pay a price.

You mean, had we not had 26/11, there would be no Aman ki Asha? I think you are totally wrong about that if so. There would be Aman ki Asha regardless, or some variation of it...and despite that there will be terror attacks, just as there will be despite the noise made after 26/11 and despite the current Aman ki Asha.

The question is not "India's inability to make TSP pay a price", perhaps, but whether Pakisatan is paying a price regardless, and whether we have any role in that. You and I will not receive a satisfying answer to that. All we can do is watch the downward spiral of the Pakisatan and make guesses, sometimes educated, sometimes not. What we can say with near absolute certainty is that the Pakisatan is seriously wounded, but perhaps not mortally, whereas India is steadily gaining in strength. This may be purely accidental. But maybe not.

Whether MMS is the leader or Modi is the leader, in that fundamental pattern nothing much will change except the nuance. In other words, if Modi were to become leader, we are certainly much less likely to see crap like this Aman ki Asha nonsense, or the grating "cultural exchanges" happening with government support. This will be more satisfying to some of us, including me, but in principle not much will be different.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>JE Memon, in the absence of a Proper explanation for GOI behaviour by the Political Elite and Media. Such linkages into motives should be considered, although putting it on BRF might have little use rather than mass public meetings.

Sure, they must be considered. But you will agree that the consideration must be done with a view to arriving at a reasonably objective conclusion about the state of things - not simply to beat up on one political party or the other.

>>Atleast when shit hits the fan and anther attack happens this whole 5th column can be removed from anythign to do with official decesion making.

Only through the ballot box, and its derivatives.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Karachi control room setup 3 days before 26/11 attack
Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal has told investigators that the Karachi control room, from where handlers guided 26/11 terrorists, was set up three days before the attack and was equipped with various gadgets, including laptops and satellite phones.

The control room, officers said, was established on the orders of Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed in the office of one Abu Yakoob in the locality of Quaidabad between Malir Cantonment and Jinnah International Airport. On November 23, 2008, Saeed's associates—Zarar Shah and one Shahid alias Nadeem from Muzaffarabad—took over the office. Nadeem brought with him four laptops, two TV sets with two dish antennas, LAN wires and satellite phones.

"Shah, Nadeem and Jundal installed Voice Over Internet Protocol software on the laptops and spent a while fixing the system and checking the web connection," said an officer who interrogated Jundal.

At some point during the day, Jundal told officers, he "went to get a shave". When he returned to the control room, Jundal found a handler named Abu Kahafa demonstrating the workings of a GPS system to the 10 terrorists. After that, the terrorists left to board Al Hussaini boat, which was to be piloted by one Dara. Jundal said six handlers went to see off the terrorists, though he did not accompany them. Officers say they have suspicions about the last claim.

On November 26, Jundal told interrogators, Shah, Nadeem and Kahafa fasted and regularly inspected the gadgets. "During the day, two Pakistani army officers—Major Sameer Ali and Sajid Mir—came to the control room, checked up on everybody and left," said the police officer. Nadeem also left at some point. "Around 7pm, Lashkar commander Zaki-Ur-Rahman Lakhvi arrived with Abu Alkama and Abu Wassi, broke their fast and offered namaz. They took dinner at 8pm and switched on the TV," said the officer.

In the end, the officer said, the handlers in the control room were Jundal, Kahafa, Lakhvi, Wassi, Shah and a major general. "Jundal instructed terrorists Abu Babar Imran and Nasir Abu Umar, who attacked Nariman House in Colaba." added the officer. "Hafiz Saeed was present at sermons but not during the attack."
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the TSP thread.

Text of interview of our Minister of External Affairs S.M. Krishna by Pakistani newspaper Express Tribune. :

3-day visit: I bring a message of goodwill: Krishna

An extract:
Q: India does not seem to be even partially satisfied with the progress of the case in Pakistan against those (Lakhvi and company) allegedly involved in Mumbai attacks. What in your opinion would Pakistan need to do for India to feel satisfied with the progress?

A: India has repeatedly stressed, including at the highest level, the need for an expeditious and successful conclusion of the trial in Pakistan relating to those involved with the Mumbai terrorist attacks. Prime Minister Dr. Singh has recently mentioned that action in this respect will be a major confidence building measure, help in bridging the trust deficit and also help to build public support in India for the kind of relationship we would like to see between the two countries.

Q: How does India view Hafiz Saeed’s claims of his innocence in the Mumbai attacks?

A: Any such claim cannot withstand a case prepared well on the basis of the incontrovertible and undeniable evidence available against him and his well known track record of involvement in acts of terror against India.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

26/11 case: Pak Judge adjourns trial for a week

Just a day after India pushed for a speedy trial of the perpetrators of the Mumbai attack, a Pakistani anti-terrorism court on Saturday adjourned for a week the 26/11 case involving seven suspects, including LeT’s Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, as prosecution witnesses were not available to record their testimony.

Judge Chaudhry Habib-ur-Rehman adjourned the trial till September 15 during a hearing held behind closed doors at Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi after prosecutors told him that four prosecution witnesses were currently out of the country.

Four officials of the Federal Investigation Agency were scheduled to record their testimony during today’s proceedings.

The prosecutors told the judge that the officials were currently abroad for some official work, sources told PTI.

At the last hearing on September 1, an FIA official had told the court how funds were transferred from Pakistan to the U.S. to acquire Voice over Internet Protocol connections that were used by the terrorists who stormed India’s financial hub in November 2008 and killed 166 people.

The official had said that an amount of $250 was wired to a New Jersey-based firm to buy the VoIP connections.

He said the accused were involved in transferring the funds from Pakistan to the U.S.

The official also submitted records of the financial transaction in court.

The last hearing had been the first substantial one this year in the case against the seven accused, including LeT operations commander Lakhvi.

Indian sources said Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai raised the issue of terrorism “in great detail” during his interaction with his Pakistani counterpart on Friday, including the need to prosecute those accused of involvement in the Mumbai attacks.

Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Friday that Pakistan plans to send a second judicial commission to India to cross-examine key witnesses in the Mumbai attack case to speed up the prosecution of the seven suspects.

Mr. Malik said the Pakistan government had requested its Indian counterpart to allow a second commission to visit Mumabi and was awaiting a response.

“Once the commission is allowed to visit and cross-examine the witnesses, we can accelerate the prosecution of the suspects here,” he said.

Responding to India’s criticism of tardy progress in the trial, Mr. Malik said: “It is not a slow process, it is a legal process.”
gunjur
BRFite

Post by gunjur »

Saudi halts India request, says will probe Fasih Mohammed role first
Over-exposure of the role and cooperation of the Gulf country are stated to be the reason behind the decision not to hand over him to the Indian authorities, the sources said.
After all ummah leader can't be seen providing help to kafirs and going against against fellow jihadis. No wonder we are getting F**ked again and again :evil: :evil: :(
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Well thats what happens if you start exposing their own ongoing intel operations there and sources of information and each police entity trying to claim credit. Indian agencies were even divulging the names of saudi informants!

UAE slowed cooperation when they deported one of the Bhatkals on charges of helping IM organise the Pune blast, only to find the Indian courts say he was not guilty. What do you expect them to do?
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Since they are hell bent on making a super-power out of India, can't they grin and bear a few (purported) pin-pricks here and there?
If Indian courts declare someone to be not guilty then shouldn't it in essence tell the closet jihadi emirates that the justice system in India is not biased against musleems?
Dawood bhai conglomerate runs many operations from the UAE, surely they can do something about that if they wanted to. Do Indian intel agencies have to take the blame for the jihadi mindset of the custodians of the holy IM informants
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Yeah and Indian intelligence runs operations from UAE too and has done so for decades. It's neutral territory.

And it looks bad that these guys went to the effort to arrest someone and then turn out to be innocent. And revealing the sources of intel is not proper whether it's Indian or Saudi. There will be a consequence as a result. Period