Phone, Tablet and Gizmo Thread #0x02

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Re: Phone, Tablet and Gizmo Thread #0x02

Post by Mort Walker »

The Note 2 is selling extremely well and IMVHO the best Android device to date. It is very thin and carrying it around is no problem unless you put it in some big case. There is a huge demand for large phones, they aren't for everyone, but for those of us who are getting old and need reading glasses, the Note 2 is most excellent. Holding the phone to your head is no big deal if you use a bluetooth earpiece. I am waiting for the Note 3 which will be 6.3" and I find that appealing since Samsung will reduce the bezel size and overall dimensions will not increase very much.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

HP announces another tablet. Going by past history it should be cancelled within a month and put on fire sale for $25 this time 8)
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Boseullah, a question for you. Sammy's is apparently dumping their penTile RGBG display for a full RGB OLED display on the GS4. You seem to know a lot about display tech and such. How do you think the full RGB OLED display will compare to the normal IPS LCD displays on HTC, iPhunwa etc? As per rumours Sammy is playing mahdi's pixel density game by having a 5 inch display with a 1920x1080 resolution which gives about 440ppi. They are launching it on March 14.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Way to go!
ASUS Padfone Infinity

If only they can make the case compatible with wider set of phones (whether iOS, Andriod, and Win8). Wish to see not so needed complexity out of phones to these type of cases for making the phones powerful instead.
That looks good. Could not find weight of the tablet and the price. More than $400 with a two year contract with a carrier would be hard to justify.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

^^^

Please see and enjoy its ridiculous ad :rotfl:
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

As mentioned on this dhaaga moons ago, now out in the public: Google worried about Samsung dominance in Android

---
nachiket wrote:How do you think the full RGB OLED display will compare to the normal IPS LCD displays on HTC, iPhunwa etc? As per rumours Sammy is playing mahdi's pixel density game by having a 5 inch display with a 1920x1080 resolution which gives about 440ppi. They are launching it on March 14.
It will certain look better than older Sammy OLEDs since the effective resolution is higher. OLEDs typically have richer colour saturation and lower power consumption but lower switching speeds. High-end IPS panels like GB's Puremotion display technology on the Lumia 920 have really fast switching speed. OLED displays have higher fab costs and typically lower yields especially for larger display sizes (thats why tablets dont use OLED panels yet). IPS panels have worse battery life but typically provide better viewing angles and sunlight readability with certain tweaks like what GB did with its ClearBlack.

Just upping PPI count to get ahead in the mijjile maalish game is like blindly upping the megapixel count in the phunwa's camera - its stupid. When you increase PPI count beyond certain thresholds, you also compromise on certain other aspects of the display such as viewing angle, refresh speed, colour representation etc. which stand out more to a user than just the high resolution. Display design like all designs is all about compromises - in display design a lot of those compromises are due to process limitations and economics. Plus if your GPU is not capable enough to drive so many pixels you will get laggy interactions, not to mention worse battery life.

Asus is playing that PPI game too, touting a 440ppi display on its Padfone or whatever they launched in that weird press conference in MWC.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Mort Walker wrote:The Note 2 is selling extremely well and IMVHO the best Android device to date.
The best Android device till date is Nexus 4, not that huge turd-like POS Note2. :P
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Thanks for the display explanation.
Raja Bose wrote: The best Android device till date is Nexus 4, not that huge turd-like POS Note2. :P
It would have been if it had LTE and a SD card slot. I know you can store everything on the cloud, but then you are dependent on the net connection for everything. The ideal Android device would be S3 with the Nexus 4/HTC One X's screen running stock Android without Sammy's TouchWiz ding-dongs delaying updates. Unfortunately it doesn't exist. :((

Agree about the Note 2. I have no idea how they managed to sell 5m units in two months.
Last edited by nachiket on 26 Feb 2013 07:04, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Productio run of pure nexus devices is small and just a hat tip to keep google happy and believing they matter in the hw game.mostly people are unable to find such phone due to out of stock notice.

Cloud doesnt work in vast swathes of places like india..all u have is 2g edge connection that takes ages to download anything.

Cloud is just for urban centers and goes off when you leave such places i suspect in many parts of the usa as well.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

The Optimus G also seems to be a great phone. Better than Nexus 4 in many respects. The problem as always, is the custom LG UI running on top of Android, which means the latest version is not available.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Raja Bose wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:The Note 2 is selling extremely well and IMVHO the best Android device to date.
The best Android device till date is Nexus 4, not that huge turd-like POS Note2. :P

I have both. From personal experience I can say that I prefer the Note 2. You have your opinion as well.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

That's where Motorola Mobility comes in. The Wall Street Journal says Google's buyout of the mobile business was an insurance measure (or in Rubin's words, a "hedge") that could help block Samsung from gaining an unassailable foothold over Android. Of course, the products we've seen from Motorola under Google's ownership (so far) don't exactly gel with that plan. To pull consumers away from Samsung's gravity, Google will need to innovate beyond its Nexus line of hardware and build a device with broad appeal. Perhaps the so-called "X Phone" is the answer.
This..... is for stock market. They bought their 7 billion mistake for patent. But it has been proved in court(at least cases involving Microsoft) that those patents are useless and Google can't blackmail Microsoft.... so before too many start to ask questions on their 7 Billion mistake... and ask for heads to rolll.... we have this "theory".

Sorry, but today Google and Microsoft can make better devices than those who have been in this business for years: Motorola and HP.... google don't need Motorola.

So this WAS a mistake... and probably worse than HP buying Palm(which was good but HP @#%cked it up).

--------

I am very happy for Firefox OS, the fact that 17 operators are supporting this OS... it is clear that they are scared of Apple/Google.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

would you still be happy about Firefox OS if they sell more than windows phunwa? :mrgreen:

Added later:
Operators are a bunch of bloodsuckers sitting on top of a business model that is just ripe for disruption. Already they are whining that Apple iMessage has robbed them of lucrative SMS revenue. FruitCo should just introduced seamless VoIP switching with unified dialing on their phunwas and then these companies would realize what kind of antiquated dinosaur they would become. They just want to control (as before) what software would go on their phone. Remember the time they used to ban yahoo messenger so users dont accidentally stop using SMS?

Somehow you speak of Operators being afraid of FruitCo and Android as a bad thing and somehow firefox would make things good again. I cant wrap my mind around this
Last edited by Anujan on 26 Feb 2013 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Misunfortunately HP bought Palm when it didnt know what kind of company it wanted to become. Android was still shitty then, and didnt have this percentage of the market. HP could have persisted.

Instead they panicked at lukewarm reception of their phone and tablet and axed it.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Motorola has expertise in stuff which Google doesn't have in-house such as RF, HW design, manufacturing etc. Mickey got that expertise in-house over the years of doing reference HW for its OEM partners (and in a smaller way XBox) though before last year they never used it for revenue generation.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Anujan wrote:Misunfortunately HP bought Palm when it didnt know what kind of company it wanted to become. Android was still shitty then, and didnt have this percentage of the market. HP could have persisted.

Instead they panicked at lukewarm reception of their phone and tablet and axed it.
HP TouchPad debacle was exclusively caused by this lady (*Scary Shrilleen Alert! :mrgreen: ):

Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

anmol wrote:I am very happy for Firefox OS, the fact that 17 operators are supporting this OS... it is clear that they are scared of Apple/Google.
This is ripe for some pisko-technical analysis. Imagine firefox OS is a massive hit, and kashtmars adopt it, and it unseats android for No 2 in the market. Do you know who else would succeed? Chrome OS :rotfl:

If developers invest substantially in making resolution independent, screen size independent apps made from HTML5, CSS and Javascript, they would find a way to monetize the same apps on a tablet. And then they would charge on the desktop. Then you would have an ecosystem where people develop an app once and it runs mostly fine on a phone, tablet and desktop computer. Guess who this is max disruptive for? The prescient sage Ballmer's company :mrgreen:

So be careful what you are very happy about 8)

Now lets all collectively diss firefox OS and why it sucks :P
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Anujan wrote:This is ripe for some pisko-technical analysis. Imagine firefox OS is a massive hit, and kashtmars adopt it, and it unseats android for No 2 in the market. Do you know who else would succeed? Chrome OS :rotfl:

If developers invest substantially in making resolution independent, screen size independent apps made from HTML5, CSS and Javascript, they would find a way to monetize the same apps on a tablet. And then they would charge on the desktop. Then you would have an ecosystem where people develop an app once and it runs mostly fine on a phone, tablet and desktop computer. Guess who this is max disruptive for? The prescient sage Ballmer's company :mrgreen:

So be careful what you are very happy about 8)

Now lets all collectively diss firefox OS and why it sucks :P

Actually, as much I hate Chromebook... I think ChromeOS is a pretty big thing. IMVHO it will replace Android. Having said that, success of Firefox doesn't really help Android that much. Its boot-to-gecko after all.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Read my post carefully. Success of firefox helps anyone who implements a HTML5-Javascript runtime. That would include Chrome OS. Maybe android too if they build in a browser runtime in the kernel or allow app-like shortcuts from Chrome.

So everyone can be buddies and ride the app compatibility bandwagon.

I for one, want true write-once run anywhere applications. Apps should be like music or books (in open format). I am pissed that I have to buy the same things over and over again.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Raja Bose wrote: HP TouchPad debacle was exclusively caused by this lady (*Scary Shrilleen Alert! :mrgreen: ):
Bose boss, any more gyan on how she was responsible "exclusively"?

I've heard that Palm revamped their OS in a hurry during the last few qtrs of the product release. Are you referring to that or something else?
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

matrimc wrote:That looks good. Could not find weight of the tablet and the price. More than $400 with a two year contract with a carrier would be hard to justify.
Didn't go thru details but concept wise I felt it is step in the right direction.This concept along with convertable(keyboard attach) would have delivered great convergence of multiple devices/use cases into one.

I also like this mini projector idea that will even do away with display. Perhaps all you need a white screen or a wall (ofcourse some dark space :P )

Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Anujan wrote: So everyone can be buddies and ride the app compatibility bandwagon.

I for one, want true write-once run anywhere applications. Apps should be like music or books (in open format). I am pissed that I have to buy the same things over and over again.
I see that working for mobile where apps are much more basic containers as compared to desktop. But even then, though the HTML5 technology is cross platform, vendors can lock it down as I once mentioned on this dhaaga. And given that everybody and their mother is going vertical while claiming to be open, democratic and freedom loving, I see that happening.
Satya_anveshi wrote: I've heard that Palm revamped their OS in a hurry during the last few qtrs of the product release. Are you referring to that or something else?
I am referring exclusively to the TouchPad eff-up. This lady is quite skilled in eff-ups. She did that in Sammy, did that in HP/Palm and only Allah knows what she is cooking at GB. :roll:
Marten wrote: RB mullah, not true. There was no real panic - Dave was asked to trim costs or show higher enterprise sales. He couldn't, plus the Product Mktg Managers were dumb@55es who couldn't wrap up any sales with carriers (which is typically the lifeline). Question to ask is what were Wang and Rothschild doing for 4+ years? Vicky was there less than a year iirc. Like I said before, there were a few folks I did know, but the majority of talent floated away because of the business managers they were working with.
Marten mullah, I am talking specifically about the TouchPad and how she handled it. She basically fed her team to the wolves and herself skipped out to a cushy job at GB. And this is hardly a one-off incident in her career, she is known for this. That and of course stealing credit for stuff she didn't do but those stories are best told in person. :mrgreen:
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Anujan wrote:would you still be happy about Firefox OS if they sell more than windows phunwa? :mrgreen:
Yes, FirefoxOS have a lot going for it. They have the OS(this as Elop have rightly said.. is the easiest part), they have the money(from Google and others), developers like them, users trust them and as we can see..... Network operators are not threatened by them.
Anujan wrote:Somehow you speak of Operators being afraid of FruitCo and Android as a bad thing and somehow firefox would make things good again. I cant wrap my mind around this
I don't think I said X is a bad thing and Y is good thing.. just stated the obvious. Both have money (Mozilla does not enough have money for this) to launch free wireless network... and it is also in their interest to do this. Also, all for profit companies are almost same(except Monsatan types)... so if current network operators are sucking our blood, then their replacement won't be much better.
Anujan wrote:Read my post carefully. Success of firefox helps anyone who implements a HTML5-Javascript runtime. That would include Chrome OS. Maybe android too if they build in a browser runtime in the kernel or allow app-like shortcuts from Chrome.

So everyone can be buddies and ride the app compatibility bandwagon.

Yes you are right... good for everyone except the incumbents(ios and android) with tons of native apps. That is why there is ChromeOS, FirefoxOS, winrt and the rest (jolla, ubuntu, plasma active) which IMVHO are not going to succeed.

Google may like this, as web is their thing and not the native apps which can't be indexed/tracked... also unlike android they may in fact make more money from ChromeOS than android*.

OTOH Gecko is also XUL, while Mozilla is pushing HTML5... but who knows maybe we will see XUL apps(which are also write-once run anywhere types like Songbird etc). So, that won't help everyone else. Also, success of FirefoxOS is terrible news for Google as it means popularity of DNT and disabled 3rd party cookies etc... and Adblock.

*They have to earn more from Google Play and Maps etc... than cost of development and lawsuits etc. With Here,Amazon store,Network Operator run app stores,Samsung S-stuff.... chances are they won't be making too much money.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Yes but I am not talking about the "Not from App store so cant run here" lockdown. I am more concerned that a developer who has a nice idea, should make several apps now. One on the web (twitter.com) one for android, one for iOS, and one for Windows Phunwa. Maybe one for BB10 and one for Firefox OS.

Why not make one app and list on each app store?

I do realize that MahdiCo can very well demand "app rejected if you dont use our tools" or "only exclusive apps for iOS can be listed here" or something. But atleast it would be one step forward in not troubling developers to go develop 50,000 different versions, keeping the codebase in sync and all the headaches.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

The problem is political rather than technological (as most problems are anyways). Having a uniform standard ensures cross platform interoperability but also means that any new features move in lock-step. That means it is not that easy to gain competitive advantage for each device vendor, making them prone to kick back hard. In another situation, this very need for differentiation is leading to situations where Chacha is getting scared that Sammy may split from Android and go vertical on its own. And in the end, HTML5 is driven by a standards body populated with industry folks from rival companies so each of them will jockey for an advantage for their respective pay masters. That is happening as we speak. I experienced it personally in another standards related activity where even though we succeeded in cross platform interop in products not just across multiple platforms but 2 different domains, folks haven't stopped trying to fragment (Sammy is one of them of course)....unsuccessfully till now. That is just human nature.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Singha wrote:ASUS joins the 7" phone revolution

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/tabletphone- ... 04-11.html
pffft

Image Image
Manish Jain
BRFite

Post by Manish Jain »

God bless friends. I got my 16GB Nexus 4, thanks to my chaddi-buddies. Just started playing around with it and as you guys already know -

Pros - Little bloatware, great screen, RAM, processor, apps. Camera is good, not great.
Cons - No microSD slot, LTE doesn't matter in India, so-so battery life.

Overall, I'm happy for what I got at this price point. One issue I'm facing is that its too hard to find a case/cover/screen guard for it. May have to order something online.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^LTE does not matter if you have good 3G in your area. Although, through firmware, the N4 will support some LTE frequency bands due to the chipset used.

The big problem I noticed with N4 was that if you talk and play games, the device heats up and drains battery relatively quickly. I noticed this right away as I gave my N4 to my kids, who promptly installed games from the Google Play store, to play games and I made frequent calls. The big plus is that updates come directly from Google. Perhaps we may see some new Nexus phones at Google I/O in May 2013, but I don't know.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

If you are not into content, Nexus 7 is the best value for money when it comes to a tablet. Otherwise iPad Mini. They really did nail the screen size in the iPad Mini - it has more real estate (and a better display) but feels more portable than the Nexus 7 (all 3 dimensions).
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

^^It also costs $120 more.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Yeah but if you really want to shop for content, you have no option other than Kindle and iPad right now and Kindle is nowhere close to Nexus 7 in build quality. Google Play store sucks for content. I am not big on content so I don't care but clearly others do.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Raja Bose wrote:If you are not into content, Nexus 7 is the best value for money when it comes to a tablet. Otherwise iPad Mini. They really did nail the screen size in the iPad Mini - it has more real estate (and a better display) but feels more portable than the Nexus 7 (all 3 dimensions).
The iPad mini is selling better than the full size iPad. Apple's 4:3 display on the iPad mini actually provides more viewing surface area than the Nexus 7 16:9 display and is smaller/lighter.
The Nexus 7 will be upgraded when Google I/O happens in May 2013, expect a 1920x1080 display and improvement in CPU+GPU.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

They need to keep similar pricing otherwise it becomes too close to the iPad Mini and people will just buy that. In such a case most likely it will be a loss leader where Chacha makes up the margin for the manufacturer (Asus or whoever it is) unless its made by Motor Oil or Chacha himself).
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

anmol wrote: ... so if current network operators are sucking our blood, then their replacement won't be much better.
That is one of the most ridiculous and hare brained statement that I have ever heard. It is akin to "Too bad you are being GUBO'ed by abdul, but any other abdul that comes along is going to GUBO you too, so better fear the abdul who is going to replace this abdul".

In any market, things go south if two things happen

(1) Someone sits on the pipe.
(2) That someone restricts choice.

Take FruitCo for example. They take a 30% cut on any app sold through their appstore. They prevent apps from being installed from the web. They arbitrarily reject apps that "duplicate core OS functionality" among other apps. (As an aside, "core OS functionality" is a piece of BS. Phone dialer/Contact management is core OS functionality, but Maps is not. Someone please explain this). Now the problem is that if there were only iOS devices in the world, there will be Zero innovation and choice in things like contact management for example. Or ability to dial out through multiple accounts seamlessly (phone/internet/chat client).

OTOH consider the internet. You pay $30. You get to access any website you want. You might wonder, "why not sell a tiered plan? For $10 you can access google, FB. For $20 you get gold package with access to email, NYTimes and ebay for $40 you get Amazon.com, Netflix and Hulu" Telcos would very much like to do this, but the problem is that there is a law that telcos cannot snoop on what you are doing, in exchange for immunity for what happens on the network. That is the reason why someone cant sue comcast, if they are a robbery victim and the robbery was planned through email using comcast internet. Comcast is not a facilitator of crime here. The fact that you can access anything on the net is the reason why innovation happens with a breakneck speed online. You can start any service and if it is good, millions will use it and you can be profitable. Now think up of a different scheme. You are free to access any site on the net, but can only use computers sold by the internet service provider. That computer will restrict the kind of software you can install and the kind of things you can do with the computer. Hey, they arent snooping on your traffic just that the choices you have dont allow you to do everything!

That is exactly what the carriers do. They dictate what kind of phones they want to allow and what you can run on the phone. For a long time (before iPhunwa came around), that is the reason why they could charge $30 for voice, $30 for data, $20 for unlimited SMS and $10 for various taxes and "fees" (including the fee for enabling you to port your number, which telcos claimed was impossible till they passed a law). Now you could argue that it is costly to provide wireless service. Well true. Why cant I just get $30 data plan and make voice calls over data? And SMS over that data too? In fact, I can do all that very well if I get a $30 data card and call using skype on my computer and use any one of the various chat clients. You might argue that towers cant handle that big a traffic. Well then, why cant my phone connect to wifi and I make seamless calls over Wifi then? The answer is not infrastructure or profit margins, they do this because they can milk more money this way. As long as the status quo persists the carriers will continue to milk everyone for the last penny.

What should happen is that anyone should be able to buy any phone and run anything on it. Thats when people will start using phones capable of running software which place calls over wifi, do seamless tower handoffs and then they will sign up for minimum minutes and data. And the carriers will try and compete on things that matter like quality of service and customer care.

Somehow re-assuring carriers who are sitting on an antiquated business model so they can eke out a few more years, sounds silly to me. I personally would be happy the day FruitCo says a big "F you!" to the carriers and makes calling/SMS seamless over Wifi, data and cellular voice and switches dynamically based on signal strength and usage. I also think that day is not long off. They need some distinguishing feature, smoother glass and rounder edges will only get them so far.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Anujan wrote:I personally would be happy the day FruitCo says a big "F you!" to the carriers and makes calling/SMS seamless over Wifi, data and cellular voice and switches dynamically based on signal strength and usage. I also think that day is not long off. They need some distinguishing feature, smoother glass and rounder edges will only get them so far.
Many have tried but failed in massa. GB has tried for years (almost a decade) and only managed to get their phones banned from carrier subsidies, Chacha tried and was quickly brought to heel (back in '08 - '09) and then made to GUBO to carriers to give Android a break. Even back in the days, my N9 provided seamless capability to do Skype/Gtalk/Cell calls all from the same phonebook/dialer UI and would automatically switch to WiFi instead of cell network data plan without missing a beat. The problem of these carriers screwing customers won't go away till someone like the GOTUS steps in and forces them to make changes to their plan tariffs. Right now GOTUS is in their pocket and the carriers are on a free ride screwfest laughing their way to the bank while customers suffer. For a capitalist society allegedly built on freedom of choice, massa sure has a ton of monopolies.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Raja Bose wrote:They need to keep similar pricing otherwise it becomes too close to the iPad Mini and people will just buy that. In such a case most likely it will be a loss leader where Chacha makes up the margin for the manufacturer (Asus or whoever it is) unless its made by Motor Oil or Chacha himself).
Expect price of the new Nexus 7 to be the same, starting at $199 for 16 GB. That is why I am waiting until May to get one. Rumor has it for the price, the value can't be beaten by anyone. Google I/O is in your neck of the woods. Are you going?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am sure he will...if not for anything to get Gundotra saab's autograph on a t-shirt :rotfl:
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Also all this talk of "third ecosystem" reminds me of the "third front" in Indian politics. If you question why we need a third front, the reason is usually that a bunch of irrelevant politicians want to become relevant and they are supported by a bunch of industrialists who arent getting that great a deal from Kangress *and* bhajpaa.

The question that is lost in the din is "How will it benefit the citizens"

Same thing with this "third ecosystem" thing that is touted by carriers 50 times a day. The prevailing wisdom is that it is indispensable and very much needed. The question is "to whom?". Let me make a prediction about Firefox OS/Tizen/Ubuntu OS.

Ubuntu will be used by 20 geeks who want to run Linux and SSH on their phones. The 20 phones will be sold unsubidized and will be slightly inferior to Greenphone by trolltech. Firefox will be a bit more successful, they might capture a few foreign markets. In which case one of two things will happen. Firefox fellas will either pick up a huge fight with carriers about updates/choice ityadi, or carriers will let them install it on only "feature phones". Tizen has the biggest chance to succeed. They will produce an OS where carriers can make apps and policies based on private SDK, do spaghetti of what works and what doesnt, and rest of the developers and users can go hang themselves.

And carriers would still want a "third ecosystem" and wonder why their users still want an iPhunwa though Tizen has max margin.....for the Carriers. Then they will curse their users for not acting in the best interest of the carriers.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

BTW fellas. Tried a Oculus Rift todin.

Was puke inducing.

But this is the future of gaming and entertainment. You can sit in an aaphice and see miles and miles of green meadows (or motormas if you so wish) :mrgreen: