Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Feb 21, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Feb 21, 2013

Post by pankajs »

Pakistan's pharma sector objects to MFN status to India
After its influential agriculture lobby, pharmaceutical industry associations in Pakistan have now put their foot down against granting the most-favoured nation (MFN) status to India.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Singha wrote:talibs have the men and firepower to rout and kick around the local dawood and older pathan gangs.

be interesting to see who emerges as king of the dung heap. as TSPs only major port and distribution center, whoever owns the hafta rackets there is sitting on a goldmine.
dawood is essentially a tspa guy isn't he? the purest of the pure aren't really going to listen to the tspa if they're out to gain the upper hand in kraachi.
sadhana
BRFite

Post by sadhana »

From May 2012, Najam Sethi peddling Pak Army issue snake oil on Taliban, Al Qaeda, and how everyone should sacrifice themselves to save Pakistanis :roll:

Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Turkish woman sentenced to jail for funding Pakistan terror outfit
WASHINGTON: A Turkish woman was sentenced to five years in jail by a US court on charges of sending money to a terrorist outfit in Pakistan for attacks against American military personnel.

40-year-old Oytun Ayse Mihalik, a lawful permanent resident of the US residing in California, had pleaded guilty last August to one count of providing material support to terrorists.

When she pleaded guilty, Mihalik specifically admitted that she provided money to an individual in Pakistan with the intention that the money would be used to prepare for and carry out attacks against US military personnel and other persons overseas, the US Justice Department said today.

Using the alias Cindy Palmer, Mihalik sent a total of USD 2,050 in three wire transfers to the person in Pakistan over the course of three weeks at the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Is CIA giving cover for Mush to thwart any impending malfunction? Is it CIA's warranty the reason for his re-entry?
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Mushy's bodyguard in pak is quite the apeman:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 2797_n.jpg

He can be seen with/behind him in many images:
https://twitter.com/P_Musharraf/media/grid
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Rohit_K wrote:Mushy's bodyguard in pak is quite the apeman:
The SUV behind the bodyguard seems to have quite a large dent in it. Wonder if a shoe thrower caused that :D.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Karachi: Principal killed in grenade attack at school
KARACHI: A principal of a private school located in Baldia Town was killed and six students were injured in a hand grenade attack on Saturday morning, Geo News reported.

Abdur Rasheed, who belongs to Awami National Party (ANP), was reportedly receiving threats.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Hindus protest after woman converted to Islam in Pakistan
Reports from Jhanjhri Street area of Jacobabad said Ganga, the daughter of gold trader Ashok Kumar, married Asif Ali, son of another gold trader Bahadur Ali Surhio, at Amrot Sharif Dargah after converting to Islam, the Dawn reported.

Ganga changed her name to Aasia. The woman's parents and several relatives rushed to the shrine after learning about the conversion but the marriage had already been registered.

They returned to Jacobabad and lodged an FIR that alleged Ganga was kidnapped by Asif Ali his father, a brother named Abid Ali, and another man identified as Miran Bukhsh. Asif Ali was not at his residence but his father, brother and Miran Bukhsh were arrested.

The Hindu community of Jacobabad took to the streets and organised a protest against the "kidnapping" of the woman. Angry groups of local residents called for a strike and postponement of the Hindu panchayat polls till the matter was settled.

Heated arguments over the polls created an ugly situation and police had to be called in to restore order.

Incumbent panchayat chief Harpal Das Chabria told several hundred voters and their candidates that kidnapping of Hindu girls and their "forced conversion" had increased for some time.

He appealed to authorities to check the trend and provide protection to Hindus in Sindh.

A rally was organised from Janta Hall in Jacobabad against the alleged kidnapping. People marched to the local press club, shouting slogans for Ganga's reunion with her family.

Hindu leaders warned that if their demand was not met, the community would observe a strike across the city and start an agitation.

Some Hindus alleged Sarafa association president Samiullah Surhio was involved in the alleged kidnapping.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

FIA bars Musharraf from leaving Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has directed immigration department to stop former president Pervez Musharraf from going abroad at any airport, Geo News reported.

The FIA has formally issued written orders to the immigration officials in this regard. As per the orders Musharraf could not leave Pakistan from any of the airport of the country.
Interior Ministry has not received orders to put Musharraf on ECL
ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Interior has not received court orders to put name of former military dictator Pervez Musharraf on the Exit Control List (ECL), officials said on Saturday.

They said that his name would be put on the ECL as soon as they received any formal order in this regard.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

‘Legal help to Hafiz Saeed will strengthen Indian allegations’
The Lahore High Court was told on Friday that any legal assistance to Jamaatud Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed in a case in the US would strengthen Indian claims against Pakistan.
LHC Chief Justice Umar Ata Bandial postponed for April 29 the hearing of petition moved by Hafiz Saeed, who has sought direction to the federal government to defend him in a US court which issued summons to him, former ISI chiefs and other officials on a lawsuit filed by the relatives of US nationals killed in Mumbai attacks.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

sadhana wrote:From May 2012, Najam Sethi peddling Pak Army issue snake oil on Taliban, Al Qaeda, and how everyone should sacrifice themselves to save Pakistanis :roll:
Thx for posting this. I must have missed this arlier. As always, Amanullah Saleh rocks. The Indian lady was good, but not as forceful as Saleh. But its obvious that real villianh ere is not TSP, not the Taliban, but the US slimeballs and their NATO side kicks. I mean they want to legitimize evil and then run away leaving India an Afghanistan to suffer.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Felt little insulted, humiliated standing before judge: Musharraf
So I thought to myself, well, I have been saying this. The law applies to me also.
He is a real megalomaniac, "the law also applies to me also" as if, before him standing in front of the judge he thought he is above everyone and also above law. He should get his a$$ kicked, he will then think "hey so that means I too can get my a$$ kicked". Even then he might think he somehow got enlightened as ordained by Allah.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

CRamS wrote:
sadhana wrote:From May 2012, Najam Sethi peddling Pak Army issue snake oil on Taliban, Al Qaeda, and how everyone should sacrifice themselves to save Pakistanis :roll:
Thx for posting this. I must have missed this arlier. As always, Amanullah Saleh rocks. The Indian lady was good, but not as forceful as Saleh. But its obvious that real villianh ere is not TSP, not the Taliban, but the US slimeballs and their NATO side kicks. I mean they want to legitimize evil and then run away leaving India an Afghanistan to suffer.
What is new about that, CRam-ji? That is what the US and NATO have been doing for the last 60 years. All the democrazy, ooman rights, is all for the right sound bytes and public consumption. Hard to go to war saying `We want to install a puppet, or failing that, we'll make a deal with the local thug.'
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Mushy is staring at being qadrified one day.

He should have left and stayed abroad.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Published: March 28, 2013 01:12 IST | Updated: March 28, 2013 01:12 IST

'Pakistan and India are incredibly similar'
Homa Khaleeli

The author of the 2007 Man Booker-nominated The Reluctant Fundamentalist says it is absurd to describe India, Pakistan or Asia as rising

Mohsin Hamid loves to play with narrative voices. From the multiple storytellers in his first novel, Moth Smoke, to the book-long monologue of The Reluctant Fundamentalist, the skill has won the novelist acclaim. But finding his own voice was not so easy.

Hamid was just three, and a “fluent Urdu conversationalist,” when his parents moved from Pakistan to California. One day his mother found him on a neighbour’s doorstep weeping and surrounded by other children. They began asking his mother, in the offensive terms of the day, whether he was “retarded” — if that was why he couldn’t speak. For the next month he refused to utter a word — and when he did finally talk, “it was in English, in full sentences.”

Six years later, the experience found its echo when the family returned to Pakistan. Hamid had forgotten Urdu, forcing him “to relearn my first language as my third language.” While he may not remember this period of silence, it shaped his personality. “I feel, in any context, that I need to conduct myself so I am not surrounded by people who ask ‘What’s the matter with him? Is he retarded?’ So, I learnt ... a chameleon-like quality that allows you to fit in.” In the smart London hotel where we meet, Hamid certainly looks at ease. His accent is a fluid mix of British and American pronunciations, with Pakistani inflections, while his clothes are dark, smart and neutral. A former Harvard law student and management consultant in New York, and brand manager in London, his career path looks successful. Yet, during his corporate adventures, he was writing, inspired by his outsider status. “If your sense of self is destabilised,” he explains, “to imagine being another becomes pretty easy.” Moth Smoke garnered impressive reviews and a strong following in Pakistan for its taboo-busting focus on drugs, crime and illicit sex, but it was the Man Booker-nominated The Reluctant Fundamentalist that made his name. In May it will be released as a film directed by Mira Nair. Hamid co-wrote the screenplay, which recounts how Changez, a young Pakistani, finds himself increasingly disillusioned with corporate America after 9/11. Yet while the book’s claustrophobic first-person narration is filled with ambiguities — is Changez an inspiring lecturer or terrorist, is he talking to a CIA agent or a hapless tourist? — the film is more straightforward. Hamid says he is proud of it, not least because its multinational cast and crew (it stars British actor Riz Ahmed and Hollywood actress Kate Hudson) required, “a rejection of a retreat into groups, which the novel suggests is dangerous.”

No branding

Today Hamid lives in Lahore with his wife and two children, upstairs from his parents. This month sees the publication of his third novel, How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia. Structured like a self-help tome, the novel is written in the second person, cheekily addressing the reader as “you.” As the story’s protagonist, “your” meteoric rise is charted in the novel from rural poverty to urban success. The setting is deliberately obscure, and while the plot probably unfolds in Pakistan, the implication is that the unnamed characters could live in India, or anywhere in Asia. Removing what he calls the “branding” of the country meant he could use Lahore, for instance, “as a template for universality ... Every city struggles with the same things — mass migration from the countryside, how you deal with the transport system, how to deal with the new entrepreneurs required in the global market economy, urban violence, or sewage.”

Importantly, it gave him the freedom to talk about something other than the much-discussed narrative of extremism and political violence in Pakistan. “To describe India, Pakistan or Asia (half the world’s population) as rising is, of course, absurd. On the other hand lots of people are eating more calories, living longer and making more money than five or 10 years ago.” Among these millions, Hamid says, are those, such as his protagonist, leading lives unrecognisable to their parents — despite considerable obstacles. “I met a young person recently who was the first in his family to get a secondary school education. He grew up speaking Punjabi, then went to high school, where he realised the Urdu he had been taught was a hybridised Urdu-Punjabi. Then he went to college where he discovered his English wasn’t English and had to learn that properly. He was interested in French literature and ended up in the Sorbonne doing a PhD. I just thought ‘Wow’.”

His decision to move away from specifics, however, has not been universally applauded. One reviewer blasted the author for equating Pakistan with India, and his “cowardly dereliction” in not making religion, explicitly Islam, more central. Hamid is unapologetic. “Pakistan and India are incredibly similar. If you have no clean water and live in a slum in Lahore, or you live in a slum in Delhi ... life as lived is the same. You can say India is a secular democracy but it is meaningless.” But he is obviously stung by the suggestion that this obfuscation was the result of fear, pointing out: “I live in Pakistan, speak in colleges and write my books. I am a completely secular person ... and I don’t feel I pull my punches. My desire is to persuade, more than to offend. I am not interested in making some symbolic gesture and fleeing to live abroad, or in provoking a response that allows me to say, ‘Oh look, these people are barbarians’.” And having already dealt with religion as a form of identity politics in The Reluctant Fundamentalist, he says, he is more interested in the spiritual goal of religion. In fact, he says, while How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia, may sound mammon-obsessed, it is actually a “secular Sufi love poem.” “Love places someone else in the centre of your being and your own self is blurred. That’s at the heart of Sufi philosophy and is close to what I am looking at,” he explains.

Criticism

This makes his least autobiographical book his most personal. And one which he says he could only have written after becoming a father and moving back to Pakistan to live with his parents. “Seeing the world from the standpoint of a child or an elderly person became something I was inclined towards doing. After that, it wasn’t such a big leap to ... seeing echoes of yourself in everyone.” During his current book tour, Hamid has been criticised for the extremely un-Sufi act of re-tweeting praise for his latest novel. But, he insists, he is careful not to be too swayed by critical opinion. “[U.S. author] Russell Banks said to me you can’t know for 10 years after your book comes out why it’s read.” He admits that some readers of his earliest books might not be as thrilled with his latest. “I was at the Karachi festival a month ago and a young man gave me a letter. It said: ‘There are three of us in a small town and we really love Moth Smoke. So we put our money together to buy one of us a bus ticket to travel 600 miles, and give you this letter.” Hamid laughs: “It said: ‘We particularly loved the drugs and sex scenes.’ I think implicit is the critique that in The Reluctant Fundamentalist I didn’t deliver, but they finished by saying, ‘We hope in the future you can continue to keep your fans happy.’” — © Guardian Newspapers Limited, 2013

Keywords: Mohsin Hamid, The Reluctant Fundamentalist, Pakistan, India
sadhana
BRFite

Post by sadhana »

nageshks wrote:

What is new about that, CRam-ji? That is what the US and NATO have been doing for the last 60 years. All the democrazy, ooman rights, is all for the right sound bytes and public consumption. Hard to go to war saying `We want to install a puppet, or failing that, we'll make a deal with the local thug.'

The Pak RAPE class which includes Mr Jihadi Sethi is equivalent to the polo-playing 'officer class' Muslims that got along better with the British than SDRE Injuns. :roll:

Mountbatten to Collins and Lapierre in Mountbatten and the Partition of India
You see, I liked the Muslim League people-they were mostly the people from the officer class of the Indian Army-much more than the Hindus. We came around to the Hindus more after I got out to India than before. I wasn't pro-anybody, but I really did like the Muslims. I had so many friends. Don't forget the history of India is basically one of conquest. When the Moghuls came along they in fact, conquered India and ran India and people like the Nizam were the viceroys of the Moghuls in the south. The Hindus were completely militarily beaten and treated as an occupied people by the occupying power.

But they were good brains, much better brains than the Muslims. I'm generalizing; Hindus were good shopkeepers, good business people, good clerks, good civil servants, and were employed by the British and they fitted in very well. They enjoyed serving the British-they preferred to serve the British, don't forget, than to serve the Muslims who were prepared to be gracious as hosts and go hunting and that sort of thing, but did not like the idea of toeing the line to the British at all. They were prepared to enter the army and so forth, but in fact the Hindus got into the whole machinery; they got into it because the Muslims weren't prepared to work in that sort of way with us.

I think you'll find this one of the things that's not completely understood. The British out there were naturally more easily friends with Muslims because they played polo, they went out shooting, they mixed freely, they didn't have any sort of inhibitions. The Hindus didn't get on so well with the British. Frankly, no Muslim ever took part in any plotting against the British. They wanted the British to remain, it secured their position.

The last thing Jinnah wanted was that we should go. He said first he didn't want a separate Pakistan, just wanted us to stay and hold the reins for them. But the Hindus wanted us to go because they had gone to British universities, they were all terribly imbued with sort of Fabian ideas and they just thought it was wrong that the British should be ruling India. I mentioned that we ruled with the consent, with the affection, of the vast masses. No doubt of that. But the intelligent, educated people didn't like it. So that this is one of the things one was up against.

So how could we meet the Congress Party's desire without transferring power? We couldn't. We were obliged to the transfer of power.
Indians simply by being more constructive in building India have become one of 'new' factors interfering in post mutiny West-martial/RAPE Muslim love-fest. Jihadis in Pak by virtue of hating Umrika are the other 'new' factor. Now resurgent Afghans have to defeat this alliance too.
brat
BRFite

Post by brat »

venug wrote:
Felt little insulted, humiliated standing before judge: Musharraf
So I thought to myself, well, I have been saying this. The law applies to me also.
He is a real megalomaniac, "the law also applies to me also" as if, before him standing in front of the judge he thought he is above everyone and also above law. He should get his a$$ kicked, he will then think "hey so that means I too can get my a$$ kicked". Even then he might think he somehow got enlightened as ordained by Allah.
He must have really believed the "Silent majority is with me" crap and returned :rotfl:
dumb mushy :mrgreen:
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Zapad for mushy
Musharraf is finished!
What Musharraf doesn’t understand is that deposed dictators are like used toiler paper: No one has any use for them and hence, they are best discarded, says Sushant Sareen.

Pakistan’s former military dictator, General Pervez Musharraf [ Images ], has ended his nearly five year-long self-exile to return home to a tepid welcome by a handful of die-hard supporters and what was clearly a ‘rent-a-crowd’ bunch of people.

While his return did have some news value, the sort of excitement on display on Indian television channels was completely missing on Pakistani airwaves. Musharraf might make for good television, but to imagine that he is a serious player in Pakistan's politics is to stretch the limits of incredulity.

In a sense, Musharraf’s return has illustrated two phenomena, one in India [ Images ] and the other in Pakistan. The Indian interest in Musharraf is nothing if not a stark comment on the astounding ignorance about Pakistan's politics.

On the other hand, Musharraf’s self-portrayal and self-belief that he remains popular in Pakistan, that he has a role to play in Pakistan's politics and its future, and that he will prove to be the country’s saviour, is reflective of the climate of denial that is pervading Pakistan's state and society.

Apart from megalomania, which is primarily borne out of a delusionary state of mind, Musharraf also seems to be suffering from the ‘manifest destiny’ complex. He is quite clearly suffering from the withdrawal symptoms of a person who from being the toast of the international community has now been toasted by being consigned to the dustbin of history.

Politically, Musharraf is a complete non-entity. On his own, he is incapable of winning even a Resident Welfare Association election.

Far from playing a pivotal role in Pakistani politics, which will be possible only if he can manage to win more than a handful of seats in the national assembly, Musharraf will be extremely lucky if he can even win his own seat without the crutches of support from a party such as the Muttahida Quami Movement.

His own party, the All Pakistan Muslim League, exists only on paper and has no presence on the ground. No surprises then that Musharraf, who points to hundreds of thousands of ‘friends’ on his Facebook page and ‘followers’ on Twitter as a measure of his popularity, is lampooned by his detractors who say that he might be a leader in the ‘Islamic Republic of Facebook’ :mrgreen: but is a non-entity in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

What Musharraf doesn’t seem to understand or at least refuses to acknowledge because of his faux bravado is that deposed dictat ors are like expired medicine, or worse, used toiler paper: No one has any use for them and hence they are best discarded.

Pakistani society, in spite of its obsession with Islam, is metaphorically at least, quite unabashed in its worship of the rising sun. Musharraf’s sun has set and the legions that were at his beck and call when he was at his zenith are nowhere to be found.

If anything, associating with him is a huge political liability which no active politician can afford. In order to understand Musharraf’s prospects in Pakistan, all that needs to be done is study the fate of Field Marshal Ayub Khan and General Yahya Khan after they were deposed.

Also instructive is the pathetic state of General Aslam Beg after he retired. When he was at the helm of the army, Beg was pretty much the master of all he surveyed. After retirement he formed a political party which is so irrelevant that probably even Beg doesn’t remember its name.

Musharraf could well be harbouring the misconception that the terrible record of governance of the Pakistan Peoples Party-led coalition would have made the people of Pakistan hanker for his return at the helm of affairs.

But what he has not taken into account is the fact that even though there is a lot of public anger against the PPP-led coalition, hardly anyone in Pakistan is remembers Musharraf fondly. His name is still mud, and he is still blamed for all the existential crises that Pakistan is facing.

Given such a climate of hostility, even if he wins his own seat in national assembly, he will be subjected to the sort of indignities by his fellow lawmakers, which he will find difficult to digest.

Remember, as president, he refused to address parliament (despite it being a constitutional requirement) because of the fear that the opposition would indulge in sloganeering against him.

While it is a no-brainer that he is not a serious player in Pakistan's politics, the threats that he faces to his life and his liberty are quite serious.

His old institution, the army, isn’t quite comfortable with his return and in fact is believed to have tried to dissuade him from doing so.

One reason for this is that if the cases against Musharraf were to be opened in the courts, it could drag in the current top brass which was equally culpable for the actions of Musharraf.

Another reason is that the army will not like to see Musharraf being put behind bars, but will also find it difficult to stop the courts from doing this.

His return also confronts the Pakistani judiciary, which has been quick on the draw against politicians, with a dilemma.

There are very serious charges against Musharraf including treason (the emergency he declared in 2007), murder (Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti’s killing), conspiracy (former prime minister Benazir Bhutto's [ Images ] assassination) and mass murder (the Lal Masjid operation).

If in the face of these cases the judiciary doesn’t take action against Musharraf, it will open itself to the charge of having kowtowed to the army; if they take action against him, it will incur the hostility of the military.

But more than the predicament of the military and the judiciary, it is the threat to his life from the Islamist terror groups that simply cannot be ignored. The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has already announced that it has prepared a special squad to kill Musharraf.

Also baying for his blood are the heirs of Akbar Bugti, Baloch insurgents, sectarian groups like Lashkar-e-Jhangvi with links with the TTP and Al Qaeda [ Images ], and the Lal Masjid affectees (also with links with TTP and Al Qaeda).

Given that he will no longer enjoy the sort of security that he did when he was head of state and army chief means that Musharraf will be extremely vulnerable. He would therefore save many people a lot of trouble if he was to leave Pakistan once again.

But if he has decided to make his final stand in Pakistan, then chances are that it won’t be long in coming.

Sushant Sareen is Senior Fellow, Vivekananda International Foundation.

Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

@anmol ^^^:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed ... 83154.aspx

"In any case, this stuff about a shared culture only goes that far. After all, it’s only Punjabis – and to some extent, Sindhis – who have a cultural affinity with Pakistan. For the rest of India, there is no special bond in the shape of a common language or even a common cuisine.

I remember an office lunch at Bengal Sweets, when there was a group of Pakistani ladies sitting at the next table. There was a flurry of excitement when our masala dosa was served. What on earth was this, the ladies wanted to know. They had never seen a dosa in their life. I often think of that moment when I hear the candles-at-the-Wagah-border brigade ramble on about how we are the same people.

You know what, actually we’re not."

Seema Goswami
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Cosmo_R ji,

sure we are the same people, but we are the winners they are the losers, we have Ma and they have GUBO, we are healthy and they are inbred, we have our fierce independence and they are slaves! We may be the same "people", but we are not same.

There is the Bharatiya caste, and there is the Baki caste! We are two different castes! Some RAPE want to belong to Bharatiya caste, but cannot!
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

wait what?? i thought we were kafirs.. now some guy on a congress paid paper says we are the same? I love sickilarism
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

The prevailing narrative has changed from "We are tall, fair with tight musharraf, they are small, dark, rice eating. We buy oranges by the basket, they buy 2-3. When I look out of my house in Lahore, I see foreign brand cars all around. In Dili, I see beat up Ambassadors"

Now it is all "Both Pakistan and India have slums, poverty, illiteracy we should work together for their benefit in South Asia". Not to worry, the realization is gradually sinking in.

It is probably redundant, but worth repeating. Here is one difference: Indian government runs the largest vaccination program in the world. We have eradicated smallpox and polio and if we set our sights on any other disease we will succeed in eradicating it too. Our model of reporting, sending out people to remote areas, training vaccinators and blanketing the country with Advertisement has been studied and replicated in numerous other countries. Pakistanis shoot people who vaccinate.

The decade 2001 - 2011 is interesting in the sense that it made Pakistanis realize what kind of pakistan, Pakistan is. Expect more such articles like "Indian muslims are being oppressed. Minorities have a hard time in South Asia. Both India and Pakistan should stop radicalizing their citizens. India is the cause of extremism in Pakistan. India Pakistan equal==equal onlee" in the ensuing confusion as to how far the TFTAs have fallen.

I think Nuke tests, Kargil and 9/11 have been watersheds in the sense that it has caused India and Pakistan to settle into their "natural roles" they were destined for. India as India and Pakistan as the world's pakistan.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

RajeshA wrote:Cosmo_R ji,

sure we are the same people, but we are the winners they are the losers, we have Ma and they have GUBO, we are healthy and they are inbred, we have our fierce independence and they are slaves! We may be the same "people", but we are not same.

There is the Bharatiya caste, and there is the Baki caste! We are two different castes! Some RAPE want to belong to Bharatiya caste, but cannot!
Rajeshji, think evolution.

We have evolved. They have not. Inbreeding keeps it all in the family.

We are now a different species. They are digging in the dirt for insects. We are looking towards the sky.

Different forks in the evolutionary road.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

why this desperation?
T20s can help end Pakistan’s international isolation: Misbah
Misbah-ul-Haq has identified Twenty20 cricket as the means by which Pakistan can bring international competition back to the country.

Pakistan have not played a Test match on home soil since 2009 because of ongoing security concerns, but Misbah, the Test and one-day captain, said a new domestic T20 set-up could help attract overseas players and begin to change perceptions.

“I think through T20 cricket we can also end our forced drought of international cricket at home,” he told Reuters in an interview on Saturday.

“There is no doubt our cricket and players have suffered because of the refusal of teams to visit Pakistan due to security concerns.

“What we should do is organise our domestic T20 league over a period of three weeks and try to also see if we can invite some low-profile foreign players that will help the (Pakistan Cricket) Board portray a soft image of Pakistan and break the ice for teams to come and play in the country.”

Four years ago armed militants attacked Sri Lanka’s team bus in Lahore, killing eight Pakistanis and wounding six Sri Lankan players. Since then foreign teams have refused to travel to Pakistan due to security concerns, leaving Pakistan to play “home” matches in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and England.

Now Misbah is calling for a revamped T20 structure in the country to spark their return to the international fold.

“I would like to see one proper T20 league championship like it is held in other countries, with teams playing on home and away basis,” he said.

“Presently the duration of the tournaments is too short and cannot help produce or groom players.

“The short duration of these T20 events also does not allow them to leave an impact on domestic cricket or on other cricket playing nations.”

The PCB organises two T20 events in the domestic calendar, a national championship featuring all 14 regional teams and a “super eight” tournament contested by the top eight teams of the national championship.

The duration of the two T20 events is at the most six to seven days, although these tournaments draw the biggest crowds on the domestic circuit.

The super eights tournament in Lahore has already drawn full houses, with the semi-finals contested on Saturday.

Misbah said when he had spoken to overseas players they had been keen to play in the planned Pakistan Super League T20, which was supposed to begin this week but was postponed in February because of reported logistical problems and further security concerns from international bodies. :rotfl:

“Hopefully the PSL will be held soon, but why not start by inviting a few players for our domestic T20 event?” Misbah said.

“If we have a proper T20 league it will also raise the profile of domestic cricket in Pakistan.”
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

America's Polo Cup

The 2010 America's Polo Cup match took place on June 12 on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., with teams announced as United States and India.[2] The advertised ticket price for the event was $95 per person.[2] The event had an attendance of about 250 people, with food from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen.[2] Reports of the event stated that the players who represented India were actually of Pakistani origin and were from Florida :rotfl: .[3][4] A spokesman for the Embassy of India stated that neither the Embassy nor the government of India had any association with the event.[2]

The event's website reportedly identified an Indian company, Kingfisher Beer, as a sponsor.[2] However, Kingfishers' chief executive denied that the company had sponsored the event.[2] Yashpal Singh, the president and chief executive of Mendocino Brewing Company, Kingfisher's parent company, reportedly stated, "We are not sponsoring this event and have informed the people managing this event of that, .... We have sent legal notices to this effect, and he keeps on advertising us as a sponsor. I don't know what world he's living in."[2]
Apparently anything involving Pakistanis involves cover ups, cheating and outright denial! And guess who was the creator of this event, the person of the "Salahi route" fame!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sadhana wrote:
Mountbatten to Collins and Lapierre in Mountbatten and the Partition of India
Don't forget the history of India is basically one of conquest.
Lord Mountbatty, the royal ignoramus trying to teach history - a 5000 year history condensed into one brief fart summing up all that remains undigested and unassimilated from yesterday's meal.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ArmenT wrote:
Rohit_K wrote:Mushy's bodyguard in pak is quite the apeman:
The SUV behind the bodyguard seems to have quite a large dent in it. Wonder if a shoe thrower caused that :D.
Kanha ho tum, Jarra Awaz dho
Mushy Tumhe roze Yaad Karte Hai !
Qadri Bhai, kanha ho Tum.?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

I am sure that naming a traffic round about in India would have been as difficult. Because Pakistanis are just like Indians.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/world ... .html?_r=0
Late last year, a group of Lahoris made progress in getting local officials to rename a busy traffic circle for Bhagat Singh ... there was an outcry at the news that it might be renamed for a non-Muslim .... Traders of Shadman Market, the local trade group led by Mr. Butt, threatened a strike. Chillingly, warnings against the move were issued by leaders of the Islamic aid group Jamaat-ud-Dawa, largely believed to be a front for the militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba. Clerics voiced their opposition during Friday Prayer.
Wonder how many "Liberal" Pakistani idiots will be cutlet over this.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

'Pakistan and India are incredibly similar'
Homa Khaleeli

They can believe what they want and write what they want.
5 years from now, India will be launching astronauts on its own and Pakistan will be a remnant of history books drawing hatred just like Nazis.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Cosmo_R wrote:
RajeshA wrote:Cosmo_R ji,

Rajeshji, think evolution.

We have evolved. They have not. Inbreeding keeps it all in the family.

We are now a different species. They are digging in the dirt for insects. We are looking towards the sky.

Different forks in the evolutionary road.
I tend to think of it somewhat differently - more in terms of not Two-Nation Theory, but Two-Caste Theory - the Bharatiya Caste and the Baki Caste. Each Caste is progressing according to its intrinsic memes as codified in their respective ideological genes.

My views on Varna are clear from my expositions on the Bharatiya Thread, but in this case I would like to put the Islamo-British model of caste to its maximum rhetorical use.

The more one forces the India-Pak dynamic into the Two-Caste Paradigm the more one would see the Pakis squirming. I think Pakis are even more sensitive to meaning of caste than Indians.

We should not use 'jAti' or 'varNa' in this case, but 'caste'. It will be both a case of digestion as well as excretion.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Altair wrote:'Pakistan and India are incredibly similar'
Homa Khaleeli

They can believe what they want and write what they want.
5 years from now, India will be launching astronauts on its own and Pakistan will be a remnant of history books drawing hatred just like Nazis.

But that would be "South Asia" Space agency launching a South Asian astronauts.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

"India and Pakistan are so similar", coming from a RAPE Paki makes an interesting change. So far it was Pakistan is better on all counts. It was only SDRE Indians who sang the 'India Pakistan are similar" mantra. The moron. whose article has been posted twoce above says 'Life in the slums of Lahore or and Indian city are exactly the same. May i just point out that there are multiple scholarly studies on exactly what slum life is in India and what can be done to change/improve things. India has a slum development board and slum dwellers vary from the destitute to vehicle owning entrepreneurs. Kindly show me ONE_SINGLE scholarly study of a Shitistani slum with statistics and tell me how a RAPE Pakis sitting somewhere can declare that slums in India and the Islamic Republic of Shitland are exactly the same? The bugger is farting through his mouth - which is normal Pakistani behavior.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

shiv wrote:"India and Pakistan are so similar", coming from a RAPE Paki makes an interesting change. So far it was Pakistan is better on all counts. It was only SDRE Indians who sang the 'India Pakistan are similar" mantra. The moron. whose article has been posted twoce above says 'Life in the slums of Lahore or and Indian city are exactly the same. May i just point out that there are multiple scholarly studies on exactly what slum life is in India and what can be done to change/improve things. India has a slum development board and slum dwellers vary from the destitute to vehicle owning entrepreneurs. Kindly show me ONE_SINGLE scholarly study of a Shitistani slum with statistics and tell me how a RAPE Pakis sitting somewhere can declare that slums in India and the Islamic Republic of Shitland are exactly the same? The bugger is farting through his mouth - which is normal Pakistani behavior.
When these islamists are down and down and see all of islamic world going down the tubes they will start saying hey you kafirs we are just like you give us helping hand. When they see a little bit of success they will turn 180 degree and start hating and hurting kafirs. We kafirs have not learned this lesson even after 1000 plus years of experience with these islamists.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Blast Targets Pakistan Politicians' Motorcade
Officials in northwest Pakistan say a roadside bomb blast targeting a politician's motorcade has killed two people and wounded six others, including the politician.

Authorities say the explosion Sunday hit the convoy of Adnan Wazir who is associated with the secular Awami National Party.

The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack in the restive Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, located along the Afghan border where the Taliban and other militants have hideouts.

Violence has been increasing in the northwest as Pakistan prepares to hold provincial and general elections on May 11.
member_23858
BRFite

Post by member_23858 »

akashganga wrote: When these islamists are down and down and see all of islamic world going down the tubes they will start saying hey you kafirs we are just like you give us helping hand. When they see a little bit of success they will turn 180 degree and start hating and hurting kafirs. We kafirs have not learned this lesson even after 1000 plus years of experience with these islamists.
Actually pakistanis are quite like Cancer cells. Many characteristics of cancer cell can be found in Pakistanis. They first engulf and eat up the parent organ (pakistan) due to rapid, uncontrolled multiplication. When the resources for sustainable growth are used up, the try to influence nearby structures which cannot sustain the cancerous growth for long (afghanistan, Bangladesh). Somewhere down the line efforts are made to infect much greener pastures like Brain and lungs (UK and the US). Then spread the malignancy with full fervor and try to usurp the nutrition of the local cells (anjem chowdry anyone?). And then organise struggle over NEW ORGANS(UK/SWEDEN/UK), destroy them, all the while multiplying like flies in the original organ (Gutter hole called pakistan). They usually leave alone the organs where they do not find attachments (Saudi, UAE ETC). What many people dont understand is that to target the metastasis(spread) without removing the original cancer site is only temporary solution. One has to remove the Original site(Pakistan, or even divide it) of cancer first and then the spread may even regress.
If we are under impression that pakistanis are impressed by Indias growth, then we are grossly mistaken. Its just in Paki Nature to hop on to whatever is good, satisfying and pleasing to their senses without making an effort. Pakistanis who leave pakistan, do it not because they want a new experience or new culture, they do it because they want LESS NUMBER OF A$$HOLES around them. Pakistani may project himself as modern secular educated human being but will always manifest his closet pakistaniyat time and time again (Lord nazeer and Imran Khan, anyone :wink: ).
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

martinbaker wrote: Actually pakistanis are quite like Cancer cells. Many characteristics of cancer cell can be found in Pakistanis. They first engulf and eat up the parent organ (pakistan) due to rapid, uncontrolled multiplication. When the resources for sustainable growth are used up, the try to influence nearby structures which cannot sustain the cancerous growth for long (afghanistan, Bangladesh). Somewhere down the line efforts are made to infect much greener pastures like Brain and lungs (UK and the US). Then spread the malignancy with full fervor and try to usurp the nutrition of the local cells (anjem chowdry anyone?). And then organise struggle over NEW ORGANS(UK/SWEDEN/UK), destroy them, all the while multiplying like flies in the original organ (Gutter hole called pakistan). They usually leave alone the organs where they do not find attachments (Saudi, UAE ETC). What many people dont understand is that to target the metastasis(spread) without removing the original cancer site is only temporary solution. One has to remove the Original site(Pakistan, or even divide it) of cancer first and then the spread may even regress.
If we are under impression that pakistanis are impressed by Indias growth, then we are grossly mistaken. Its just in Paki Nature to hop on to whatever is good, satisfying and pleasing to their senses without making an effort. Pakistanis who leave pakistan, do it not because they want a new experience or new culture, they do it because they want LESS NUMBER OF A$$HOLES around them. Pakistani may project himself as modern secular educated human being but will always manifest his closet pakistaniyat time and time again (Lord nazeer and Imran Khan, anyone :wink: ).
Well I agree your portray of pakistanis as cancer. I want to point out the root of the problem is in islam which comes from KSA. Even if you divide pakistan there is no gurantee that India will not have terrorist problems or danger to bharatiya dharmic culture. At best division may make it more manageble for India to handle smaller pieces which again is questionable. At worst these smaller entities will gang up against us. The root problem of this cancer is in their religion and for that we have to go back to arabia. Unless arabs undergo reformation and give up hatred for jews and other kafirs their hitmen pakistanis/islamists of the subcontinent will continue to hate us and cause us harm. My 2 cents.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yes KSA will need to go down as a rich country and ideological leader and guardian of the holy sites.
if we look back at history, when has a country been both guardian of some holy places with a army of ummah on call worldwide + access to free and untold wealth -- very rarely.

UK, Italy and Spain at various points have been global military and economic powers but their ability to have a free army of zombies worldwide was always limited. they had to pay local militias for the dirty work. when the money ran out these melted away.

USA is rich but again has to pay attack dogs like TSP a lot to do any sort of useful work.

KSA is a special case...I cannot think of any country in history that has both a free cash machine and a army of ummah. they have also successfully paid off both sides of GOTUS and keep the US mil-ind complex happy with periodic major deals. so a US protectorate but with 7th century internal rules, with a free license to export terror worldwide so long as it does not burn the US or UK its chief political coverers on world stage.