Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Comer
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Comer »

Burkha aunty comparing Namo with Im the Dim. Are the anchor journalists this dumb? :x
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

I was hearing RNS and Modi speech, more I hear I somehow get the feeling that Modi will not be PM, this burnol moment is to hide the actual candidate till the end and it could be RNS in the end.
Somehow I feel that Modi is taking all the hits and confusing Cong
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

NAMONAMA: NAMO Jaikara

NaMo Namaskara;Congasur Sanghara
Kalyug Annt: Nya Yug Upara
Mlecch Ganyo:Sanskriti Ubara
Shudhh Beej Boye Bharat Mey
Congibans Jarr Sei Ookhara.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

RNS has single handedly reduced BJP to a non existent entity in UP , no one knows him outside UP I mean he is worser than even LKA.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rampy wrote:I was hearing RNS and Modi speech, more I hear I somehow get the feeling that Modi will not be PM, this burnol moment is to hide the actual candidate till the end and it could be RNS in the end.
If Modi wins for BJP, he can be super PM controlling party and government policy and need not be PM. Any dummy like MMS will do as PM is nominated post anyway.

He will be only leader with cross-country appeal from BJP for current generation till next person emerges.
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

Atri Dev, That's a nice rendition, music to ears, enough to pump up the blood for good :twisted:

Sanku jee, Kudos indeed!.. for all your twisted (at least at the face to sdre :| ) theories & knowledge :wink:

---------
Sorry to dampener in the celebration, but I don't know why so much fire works folks..the tough road just begins, a lot to be achieved even if BeeJayPee manages the power..I just wish the man does not changes much post getting power n deliver for what we have known him so far!!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Rampy wrote:I was hearing RNS and Modi speech, more I hear I somehow get the feeling that Modi will not be PM, this burnol moment is to hide the actual candidate till the end and it could be RNS in the end.
NAMO dont mean Man but The Idea of India rooted in India , For India and Indians By the Indians. Cobgibans and their cronies have been killing the soul of India. NAMO is the anguish channel through which change can brought upon to heal the cuts heaped on India by PSers, RNIS and others with loyalty to outsiders. Policies important not Person.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Yogesh wrote:Atri Dev, That's a nice rendition, music to ears, enough to pump up the blood for good :twisted:

Sanku jee, Kudos indeed!.. for all your twisted (at least at the face to sdre :| ) theories & knowledge :wink:

---------
Sorry to dampener in the celebration, but I don't know why so much fire works folks..the tough road just begins, a lot to be achieved even if BeeJayPee manages the power..I just wish the man does not changes much post getting power n deliver for what we have known him so far!!
BJP/Janasngha first time lead by a person, after Deen Dyal Upadhayaya, who gives a damn about interests of Nehru-Gandhi dynasty. One needs to have lots of guts to use the term "Congress Mukta Bharat".
Last edited by Sushupti on 09 Jun 2013 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

@ Negi Bandhu, there were many reasons for UP fallout- alliances with Maya madam- the core voters were tortured in the name of some Haryjan act (my own family members)- people lost interest or became disenchanted or shifted to SaPa with BeeJayPee (i cant believe my own kith n kin voted SaPa to teach BaSaPaa candidate a lesson :((, you can imagine the frustration!)..we have discussed UC vs BC angle to death being one more reason..

RNS opposed the Maya alliance tooth & nail but could not do much as he was pretty small fry then & may be still is..He is quite well known jugadu fellow, esp. BH, JH. we will see how number stack up from these states..RNS is very much in play for a bigger role- we will see how campaign progress n numbers post elections.. :roll:
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Jhujar wrote:NAMO dont mean Man but The Idea of India rooted in India , For India and Indians By the Indians. Cobgibans and their cronies have been killing the soul of India. NAMO is the anguish channel through which change can brought upon to heal the cuts heaped on India by PSers, RNIS and others with loyalty to outsiders. Policies important not Person.
Beautifully put, Jhujhar ji.. :)

NM has managed to voice that anger.. If this is wasted then mahadeva can only predict..
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

If Modi manages to oust the dynasty from India, that will be a genuine Indian summer, like the Arab springs. It will be a wholly Indian revolution, refreshingly free of all the "color" injected by foreign (notably US) governments.
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

Sushupti wrote:
Yogesh wrote:Atri Dev, That's a nice rendition, music to ears, enough to pump up the blood for good :twisted:

---------
BJP/Janasngha first time lead by a person, after Deen Dyal Upadhayaya, who gives a damn about interests of Nehru-Gandhi dynasty. One needs to have lots of guts to use the term "Congress Mukta Bharat".
Get the point Susupti jee! IMHO, the underlined part is of most importance, the real changes that people can feel..
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Yogesh wrote:
Sushupti wrote:Atri Dev, That's a nice rendition, music to ears, enough to pump up the blood for good :twisted:

---------

Get the point Susupti jee! IMHO, the underlined part is of most importance, the real changes that people can feel..
No body knows what will happen in future. But how many have guts to point out directly about Sonia's links with maoists through NAC?.
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

^^ That is exactly my feeling... but who would be the PM candidate needs to be seen. I am sure Modi would not like a dumb PM ( give INC chance to say he is night watchman), but he would also like to have control on policies for him to fulfill his vision for India ( he is Krishna, Shah is Arjun question is who is Yudhishtir, Pitamah is in bed of arrows)
Last edited by Rampy on 09 Jun 2013 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

not sure where to post so
http://greatandhra.com/viewnews.php?id= ... 15&scat=16

The case on AICC president Sonia Gandhi’s former personal secretary has been closed by the CBI. The reason stated by CBI was that no concrete evidence has been found against Vincent George.

Incidentally, CBI has also stated in its report that the US has been silent for the past ten years about inquiries regarding the huge wealth amassed by George.

Earlier, CBI had stated that George had made huge fortunes after 1990, disproportionate to his income. It was said that George had palatial villas and prime commercial properties in south Delhi, agricultural lands on the outskirts of Delhi and various other commercial properties in Bangalore, Chennai and Kerala.

Already, BJP has criticized the ruling party and the CBI for closing the case on George, only due to his proximity to the Congress power house Sonia Gandhi. The other opposition parties are likely to follow suit.

With the closure of George’s case, eye brows are being raised about the way the CBI is handling its inquiry about Jagan in Hyderabad. It is a known fact that CBI has written to various countries about his properties there. If the US did not respond in George’s case, many are now wondering if other smaller nations would co-operate with India’s premier investigation Bureau.
Just posted the whole article as am not sure if this is going to stay on web. BTW why is it that none of the main stream media post even a bit on this big news.

found one link from MSM

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/cbi-c ... p/1126711/
Last edited by rajsunder on 09 Jun 2013 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Congress has brought out their media campaign "Bharat Nirman". Modi has cleverly qualified the term with a prefix - "Congress Mukt Bharat Nirman"!

So basically he has hijacked the Congress campaign slogan itself!

So every time Congress would now talk about Bharat Nirman, they would in fact be harming themselves only, because the citizen consciously or unconsciously would add the prefix - "Congress Mukt"!

A bit like the hijacking of #Feku on twitter!
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Sushupti wrote:Image
One correction, not 2020 but 2022 and 2032. After 2050, Gondwana is ours.
Modimantar , antidote to Congi Shadyantar.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

From Rediff ticker
Arun Jaitley, the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, we hear, plans to reveal documents that will embarrass the government during the monsoon session of Parliament. These disclosures, a source tells us, will not only stall Parliament, but also be the dominant talking point on the news television channels (not that they need Mr Jaitley's imminent expose :))
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Rivalry within BJP: Advani's fight with Narendra Modi will erode his authority

Interesting piece.
Whatever the personality differences or similarities between the two leaders, by picking a public fight with Modi, Advani has not done any favours to his own stature. By not turning up for the Goa national executive of the party, Advani has signalled that he is not ready to step into the elder statesman-ideologue role of advising from a distance, but quite prepared to get scrappy with the line of leadership he groomed for the BJP in the past four decades, in order to ensure that his vision for the party survives. "The danger here is that he is looking like the leader of a faction in the BJP, rather than a senior statesman," said a senior leader.

Till now, the party had been indulgent towards Advani. The smell of electoral success around Modi however has become too strong to ignore. Advani's sulk will not have a happy denouement, not for him, not right now. As in all election year conundrums, the answer lies in the ballot box.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

James B wrote:From Rediff ticker
Arun Jaitley, the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, we hear, plans to reveal documents that will embarrass the government during the monsoon session of Parliament. These disclosures, a source tells us, will not only stall Parliament, but also be the dominant talking point on the news television channels (not that they need Mr Jaitley's imminent expose :))
May be PAPPU came to him with SWISS documents asking Jaitley to launder money. Jaitley normally would have hidden those papers but now that Modi is chosen, he wants to reveal it all :lol:
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

vivek.rao wrote: May be PAPPU came to him with SWISS documents asking Jaitley to launder money. Jaitley normally would have hidden those papers but now that Modi is chosen, he wants to reveal it all :lol:
Jaitley has always been pro Modi... And unlike Advani or MMJ both of whose senility is quite evident, has been a rational and effective communicator. Lets not throw muck without any basis whatsoever.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Now all BJP Karyakartas from Arun Jaitley to Sushma Swaraj are all working under and with Narendrabhai Modi. The internal BJP fight is over and behind us, a new leader has been chosen. He will work to bring all on board and to get BJP in gear.

We too would have to change our way of looking at BJP. This party is not in the hands of Delhi anymore. It is now in the hands of Gujarat.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

James B wrote:From Rediff ticker
http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2013/ ... 809e6224a8

Even if this is true, wrong thing to reveal this info. It can only be dangerous for Jaitleyji
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Thanks jimmy, thanks Yogesh, for the appreciation.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Sanku ji,

what do you think, is it time for Shri LK Advani and Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi to call it a day and retreat from active electoral politics?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I think LKA and MMJ should be given some ceremonial post for their past services and made to retire.
They can be in some advisory board etc, but not in any executive position any more. They are too old.

Modi for PM!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Interview with Jairam Ramesh

Published on Jun 09, 2013
By Chetan Chauhan and Saubhadra Chatterjee
'Rahul hands-on, Modi only wants clash of individuals': Hindustan Times
Q: Corruption is an issue UPA is battling with. How do you will deal with it in 2014 elections?

We have cheapest call rates in the world and second largest mobile network and you focus only on corruption. You don’t focus on how ubiquitous telecom revolution has been in India. We view corruption as an issue in Karnataka. We have a track record of achievements.

It is how we are able to project our record. We have a worthwhile record legislatively as well as from executive point of view.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I think 80 should be the maximum age for electoral politics.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

2014 elections will be like the US elections of 1828 that brought in Andrew Jackson and changed America for ever. before that it was the Whigs who were really royalists without a Crown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson
Andrew Jackson (March 15, 1767 – June 8, 1845) was the seventh President of the United States (1829–1837). .... A polarizing figure who dominated the Second Party System in the 1820s and 1830s, .... His enthusiastic followers created the modern Democratic Party. The 1830–1850 period later became known as the era of Jacksonian democracy.[1]

Jackson was nicknamed "Old Hickory" because of his toughness and aggressive personality; he fought in duels, some fatal to his opponents.[2] ........ He fought politically against what he denounced as a closed, undemocratic aristocracy, adding to his appeal to common citizens. He expanded the spoils system during his presidency to strengthen his political base.

Elected president in 1828, Jackson supported a small and limited federal government. He strengthened the power of the presidency, which he saw as spokesman for the entire population, as opposed to Congressmen from a specific small district. He was supportive of states' rights, but during the Nullification Crisis, declared that states do not have the right to nullify federal laws. Strongly against the national bank, he vetoed the renewal of its charter and ensured its collapse. Whigs and moralists denounced his aggressive enforcement of the Indian Removal Act, which resulted in the forced relocation of thousands of Native Americans to Indian Territory (now Oklahoma). Historians acknowledge his protection of popular democracy and individual liberty for United States citizens, but criticize him for his support for slavery and for his role in Indian removal.[3][4]....
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Arjun ji,

It has been a good thread. Perhaps it is time to close this thread and start a new one, either at 197 or 200 pages!

After it all it is a new start!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

sab kuch bakwaas regarding the theories that Advani also supports Modi. These are the days of video conferencing and he can do a video conference. In fact he did to a religious function. The spin and so called chanikyaness has limitations to believe. Advani did not go out honorably and that is one of the negative-traits of bharateeyata. Though we had such a rich heritage these are some of our downfall traits.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RajeshA wrote:Arjun ji,

It has been a good thread. Perhaps it is time to close this thread and start a new one, either at 197 or 200 pages!

After it all it is a new start!
A new start is when Modi is PM and let us keep this thread to even 300 pages until that happens. We can revisit this closure in 2014 :)
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana wrote:2014 elections will be like the US elections of 1828 that brought in Andrew Jackson and changed America for ever. before that it was the Whigs who were really royalists without a Crown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson
Andrew Jackson (March 15, 1767 – June 8, 1845) was the seventh President of the United States (1829–1837). .... A polarizing figure who dominated the Second Party System in the 1820s and 1830s, .... His enthusiastic followers created the modern Democratic Party. The 1830–1850 period later became known as the era of Jacksonian democracy.[1]

Jackson was nicknamed "Old Hickory" because of his toughness and aggressive personality; he fought in duels, some fatal to his opponents.[2] ........ He fought politically against what he denounced as a closed, undemocratic aristocracy, adding to his appeal to common citizens. He expanded the spoils system during his presidency to strengthen his political base.

Elected president in 1828, Jackson supported a small and limited federal government. He strengthened the power of the presidency, which he saw as spokesman for the entire population, as opposed to Congressmen from a specific small district. He was supportive of states' rights, but during the Nullification Crisis, declared that states do not have the right to nullify federal laws. Strongly against the national bank, he vetoed the renewal of its charter and ensured its collapse. Whigs and moralists denounced his aggressive enforcement of the Indian Removal Act, which resulted in the forced relocation of thousands of Native Americans to Indian Territory (now Oklahoma). Historians acknowledge his protection of popular democracy and individual liberty for United States citizens, but criticize him for his support for slavery and for his role in Indian removal.[3][4]....
WoW. What a situation and what an analogy.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Under Modi there can be some removal developments in the East.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

L K Advani stays closeted at Delhi home, invokes Bhishma, Hitler
On a day his pre-eminence in the BJP took a decisive blow, an "unwell" L K Advani penned a blog entry which had references to a wounded Bhishma Pitamaha and warrior Arjuna from the Mahabharata, as well as to historical figures such as Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. {need for a satirical movie. Where is Vikas Bharadwaj? Here is your chance to make a tonne of money. But the problem is in acting world you won't get that male older characters where as they are in abundance in politics.}

Isolated within his party, Advani spent the day of Narendra Modi's anointment confined to his 30, Prithviraj Road, residence in Delhi. However, having made his reservations apparent, Advani appeared to be letting his allegories and metaphors speak for themselves.

Advani and Modi though did have a brief conversation after the latter was made chairman of the BJP election campaign panel for the 2014 polls. According to the Gujarat Chief Minister, Advani gave him his blessings. In the evening, the BJP veteran addressed an event in Jaipur organised by the Pandit Sriram Dave Smriti through video-conference. :rotfl:
{He can do a video-conf but he has no courtesy to do the same to Goa. I say again spin has limitations.}

In his blog, Advani talked about Kamal Haasan's movie Vishwaroopam and a meeting with the actor at his residence last week. As a preface, he talked about a sandalwood carving of Lord Krishna's Vishwaroop avatar at his house, which has scenes from the Mahabharata like Draupadi's "cheerharan (disrobing)" and that of Bhishma Pitamah on his bed of arrows. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Having taken on a partriarchal role within the BJP, Advani could be forgiven for fancying himself in the same role as Bhishma, and finding himself sidelined.

In the blog, Advani went on to recount an anecdote about Hitler and Mussolini — the former dictators of Germany and Italy — which he told Kamal Haasan when they met.

"The story is about a meeting Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini had during the Second World War, in which Hitler tells the Italian supremo that the sins committed by the two of them would prove very costly for them after death. When Mussolini said to his friend that so far as he was concerned, when his own end came, he would go to the Vatican and seek help from the Pope who was believed to have a pass for Heaven, Hitler asked him to recommend to the Pope his name also," Advani wrote, adding that "the story ends up with both the Fascist leaders landing in Hell, and only the Pope reaching Heaven." {probably both Shabana aunty and Teesta are willing to ask for a date. Go and say a secular-darling, I looove youoo}

Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed was quick to react to this. "Advani hints in his blog that you have to pay for your sins in your lifetime itself. Is he repenting his role to save Modi in 2002?" he tweeted.

While Advani did not break his silence, BJP leader Yashwant Sinha did. In a statement after the appointment of Modi, he said Advani is "not only the seniormost but also the most respected leader of our party". He is "fully entitled to his views, fully entitled to his respect and his dignity", Sinha added. He also described the protest outside Advani's residence on Saturday as "utterly condemnable".

Having skipped the Goa conclave like Advani, Sinha questioned being projected as anti-Modi and pro-Advani in the past three days. "I was one of the earliest in the BJP to speak in favour of Narendra Modi. The reason was that the cadres wanted it, the people wanted it. He has no match in the Congress party or elsewhere," he said.

Sinha also sought to clear the air on his earlier comments that if Advani was available as a prime ministerial candidate, the leadership debate should end. "In India, our culture, our traditions and our values teach us to have and show the highest respect and regard for our elders. We do that every day in our families and deride those who do not do so in their families. It was this feeling in my mind, it was this tradition in our society which prompted me to tell a mediaperson that if Advani made himself available, if the Parliamentary Board of the party decided in his favour and if the NDA was on board, then the discussion on the leadership issue should end," he said. According to him, this was "construed by a section of the media to mean that I had changed my position and that instead of Modi I was backing Advani".

He said he had neither met nor spoken to Advani since the Parliament session ended and insisted that the reason for him skipping the National Executive in Goa was "personal" and not "political".

Sinha also criticised the BJP leadership for allowing the media to "dictate our agenda and influence our policies. In the latest round, the media has forced us into the quicksand of an imagined clash of personalities, thereby completely giving a go-by to the issues of the day. Politics must be based on issues, not personalities, specially today when we have so many issues to raise against the government of the day. The media has ensured that issues get submerged in the so-called clash of personalities in the BJP," he said.
{yeh ek aur bakwaas. Create more confusion}
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Why only Modi, not Amma

The CON wing chuddies are burning. No burnol is stopping the itching and burning sensation.

But the chuddies are not giving up. They moved on from Niku and Advani realizing that they could not stop Modi ins spite of all the egging on by paid helpers.

Now they are turning to Jaya to stop him since she can at least win 40 seats on her own. These scums will never stop until their last breath.
With mounting voices to project Narendra Modi as the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, Sanjay Pinto lists ten points why he thinks the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa would make a better choice. :rotfl:
As calibrated attempts to project Narendra Modi as the BJP’s Prime Ministerial mascot are in full swing, the ‘national’ media is yet to wake up to the possibility of a powerful leader down South being a contender for the crown. In the last few months, talk of a ‘dhoti clad’ PM from the South had been mooted at a literary function attended by politicians and film stars in Chennai; and later picked up and flogged in newspaper columns and on the social media. How about a ‘sari clad’ PM, South of the Vindhyas? Jayalalithaa has already made it clear that she would not have any trucks with either the Congress or the BJP. In the context of a third front, as an alternative to the Congress and BJP led alliances, the possibility of Modi’s good friend and the most powerful lady in Tamil Nadu – Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, emerging not just as a king maker but the queen herself in 2014 cannot be ruled out in India’s ever fluid political scenario.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Funny,No Historical Reference was made to Kanauj. Its time to write letter pleading Alien Amma to attack and intervene.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

KJoishy wrote:I think LKA and MMJ should be given some ceremonial post for their past services and made to retire.
They can be in some advisory board etc, but not in any executive position any more. They are too old.

Modi for PM!
No post is really ceremonial. Everything has work in it. The real useless posts are governors of states and especially those states which are stable politically. They can be sent as governors of Tamil Nadu (the most stable state in the south) and another to Orissa (the stablest ever eastern state).
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

vivek.rao wrote:Why only Modi, not Amma

The CON wing chuddies are burning. No burnol is stopping the itching and burning sensation.

But the chuddies are not giving up. They moved on from Niku and Advani realizing that they could not stop Modi ins spite of all the egging on by paid helpers.

Now they are turning to Jaya to stop him since she can at least win 40 seats on her own. These scums will never stop until their last breath.
With mounting voices to project Narendra Modi as the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, Sanjay Pinto lists ten points why he thinks the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa would make a better choice. :rotfl:
As calibrated attempts to project Narendra Modi as the BJP’s Prime Ministerial mascot are in full swing, the ‘national’ media is yet to wake up to the possibility of a powerful leader down South being a contender for the crown. In the last few months, talk of a ‘dhoti clad’ PM from the South had been mooted at a literary function attended by politicians and film stars in Chennai; and later picked up and flogged in newspaper columns and on the social media. How about a ‘sari clad’ PM, South of the Vindhyas? Jayalalithaa has already made it clear that she would not have any trucks with either the Congress or the BJP. In the context of a third front, as an alternative to the Congress and BJP led alliances, the possibility of Modi’s good friend and the most powerful lady in Tamil Nadu – Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, emerging not just as a king maker but the queen herself in 2014 cannot be ruled out in India’s ever fluid political scenario.
They bloody well know the writing on the wall with almost a weekly survey going on by Nielsen. They tried with BJP-Nitish breakup. BJP responded with Election Chief instead of PM candidacy to ward off INC gameplan. Now they are after Jaya. During her prime, she is good at bharatanatyam standing on the edges of a sharp thaali (plate) with fiery diya on her head. Woh tho iski legi.