Enemy Within-Corruption in governance

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: Enemy Within-Corruption in governance

Post by Lilo »

Sorry but it seems ur under some impression that every one in brf is waiting for you to reveal the truth .. people here are all aware of the general malaise of our system ... No requirement to keep wailing about it like all is doomed - like you wish to see..

I really wish JEM ji or Shiv ji was around to give a befitting answer to your type.

For good measure quoting your original posts below.
rsangram wrote:Yet another example of daily depravity that goes in in our country and its rulers. ALL BECAUSE OF CORRUPTION WITHIN US.

ALL BECAUSE THEY HAVE HOLLOWED OUT OUR DEFENSE CAPABILITIES TO A POINT WHERE INDIA CANNOT EVEN RESPOND TO PAKISTAN NOW(USED TO BE UNTIL RECENTLY, THAT WE DID NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO RESPOND TO CHINESE INCURSIONS, SO THE GOVERNMENT MADE EXCUSES AND APOLOGIES FOR THESE CHINESE ATTACKS AND LIED TO OUR PEOPLE, TRYING TO HIDE THESE ATTACKS FROM THE INDIAN POPULACE, RATHER THAN ATTEMPTING TO CORRECT THE SITUATION AND STRENGTHENING OUR DEFENSES), SO NOW WE HIDE BEHIND BY OUR PRIME MINISTER PROCLAIMING, "WHERE IS THE PROOF, THAT PAKISTAN DID IT". No it was not Pakistan, we Indians did it to ourselves. In a way it is true isnt it, WE INDIANS DID DO IT TO OURSELVES. Just like those Sikhs in Kashmir, during President Clinton's visit, who killed themselves or was it the Indian army that killed them ? No, no, maybe it was the Kashmiri Pandits that killed them!
Funny thing is that this time, even the Pakis are not denying, not strenuously at least, that THEY DID IT. They are openly and brazenly doing this with no attempt to even "Taqqiya". It seems like their confidence level has risen to such an extent about Indian weaknesses that they dont even consider Indians worthy of the effort to invoke "Taquiya". After the PAkis defeated the US in Afghanistan their morale is very high, and they now consider themselves in the big leagues. India, they can take care of rather easily now, think the Pakis. They are taking vicarious pleasure in "showing up" India. And we Indians shamelessly watch all this and go on with our day to day corrupt lives. IF THIS IS NOT CORRUPTION AMONG US INDIANS, WHAT IS ?

So, here are two articles in today's Times of India which reflect the pathetic state of our people and our country today on this "66th Independence day", I call it, the "66th Anniversary of transition from the Colonial Government of India to the Native based Hindu Enslavement Government of India".

NOW ON TO THE NEXT ARTICLE IN TIMES OF INDIA TODAY

WHERE IS THE INDIAN MILITARY RESPONSE ? OR EVEN A STRONG AND APPROPRIATE POLITICAL RESPONSE ?

THAT WILL ONLY COME IF WE ALL TAKE SOME TIME OFF OUR DAY FULL OF CORRUPT ACTIVITIES AND PAY SOME ATTENTION TO THIS PROBLEM. WELL, I WOULD SETTLE FOR A SITUATION, WHERE AT LEAST WE CONSIDER THIS A PROBLEM.

All this is nothing. We aint seen nothing yet. Wait till the US forces are completely out of Afghan or almost completely within the next few months, India will be visited upon by a HEAVY CURSE comprising of the jihadi animal terrorists, the ISI and the Paki Army. I fear for the months and years ahead. I fear for our people, particularly our children, and I fear not the strengths of the opposition, but I fear our own weakness and corruption.
rsangram wrote:Another grand consequence of CORRUPTION WITHIN US. As the say in Hindi, "Dushman to Dushman, Dost bhi Daga De Gaya. Mujhe Apnon Ne Hee Mar Dala". This is what happens to a corrupt entity. No one wants to be their friend. And those few who are friends, turn around and stab in the back. With friends like these, why blame The Pakis and the Chinese. At least they are not hypocrites and claim to be friends.

Hell, if we are corrupt, even our fellow Indians wont like us, which is what is happening. If we are corrupt, even we wont like us. That is the explanation why we Indians keep fighting amongst ourselves and allow everyone and their brother to come around and kick us, whenever they feel like it. Whether it be Gazni, or Taimur or Gori or Nadir or Abdali or the Pakis or Chinese or even the Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans and the Burmese, shockingly even the Nepalese and more recently the Bhutanese and now........the Iranians. Why not, we Indians routinely enjoy a nice kick on our behinds. If we dont get it in regular intervals, we have a bad day.

I wonder why the Indians are shocked. It is all very predictable. In any case, where is the Indian contingency plan or Plan B. Dont the Department of Defense and our Armed Forces have scenarios already worked out, if any country tries to disrupt our shipping in International Waters? What good is Indian Navy if it cannot protect our shipping in our neighborhood, even if it is International Waters ? When the Indians cut back on oil imports from Iran at the urging of the Americans, did the Indians not seek any guarantees from the US or "International Community" that if Iran took any actions to impede our oil supplies in the Persian Gulf, the "International Community" will protect the Indian interests ?

Chanakya, where are you, when we need you. Please declare without any delay - "India derocognizes Iran".
rsangram wrote:
Lilo wrote:Saar spare us the screaming in Caps , that too on issues unconnected to this thread ...

BTW r u from Zimbabwe by any chance ?
The truth hurts ?

I am sorry if it does, it does me too. But despite that, I try not to hide it or hide from it.

This thread is about corruption. To talk about some minister scamming, without talking about the larger corruption amongst us, which my posts represent, is really hiding from the truth. You really cannot see, that issues of National Security and compromising on them, compromising on our territorial integrity, allowing our brave jawans to be needlessly slaughtered like sheep with no cohesive response, are corruption ? You truly believe they have nothing to do with corruption ?
rsangram wrote:
Arjun wrote: I must say if you think the problem is addressed simply by removing the word 'secularism' from the constitution - you are living in a fool's paradise.
Precisely. That is why I am not advocating removal of the word "secular" from the constitution to begin with. All we want is a small amendment to the constitution which defines who an Indian citizen is. "An Indian citizen is anyone who is either a Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist or a follower of any other native religions, as long as he has Indian ancestry AND others who may be accorded this special status via Naturalization". And it is already in the constitution that only the citizens can vote.

Even this small change will not come about from within this system. Hell will freeze over before "this democracy" - this Hindu Enslavement System of Governance that has been imposed on us by Islamic and Western powers, will evolve such a change. The rules of the game in "this" Hindu Enslavement System that we currently have in place are rigged. As the name suggests, it is meant to enslave the Hindus not emancipate them. The purpose of this system in place is to serve Islamists and the West and so, no policy can possibly come out of this system which will be beneficial to the Hindus.

Instead of bashing Pakistan as TSP, we should at least in this forum, term this system of governance in India - this government as the HEGI (Hindu Enslavement Government of India). So, we went from the Delhi Sultanate to the Moguls to the Colonial British Government to now - the Hindu Enslavement Government of India and two homelands for Islamists, namely Pakistan and Bangladesh. At least there is no ambiguity that Pakistan is for Muslims, and Bangladesh is for Muslims. As per this HEGI, India is not for Hindus, it is also for Muslims.

The fact that this Indian government achieves a new low almost every day, in denigrating the Hindu and his interests, will not be as shocking to people, including some on this forum who genuinely get shocked, puzzled, lost at how this government can attain these new lows, if people simply understand this basic fact. This government is doing what it is supposed to do and meant to do. This system of governance in India was created for the express purpose of denigrating and destroying the Hindu. Once people understand that, then all the events on the daily basis are not shocking or puzzling anymore. They are all predictable, incredibly predictable.

The biggest tragedy is that some of us, a large number of us, good people, innocent people, educated people, smart people, independent people, people who carry their own weight - so many of us got fooled into investing (our money, our heart, our soul, our everything) into this HEGI, this treacherous system, that it is very hard for us to believe that everything we believed in for 60 years, every dream that was sold to us, with every thing we put into this system of ourselves, that everything was a lie, a big lie. That we were used by the Islamists and the West in a giant conspiracy to serve their interests and we were manipulated by these evil monsters to work against our own interests.

The Islamists and West, for years also did a mental number on us Hindus, through their puppet Hindu Enslavement Government of India. They made us feel like there is so much wrong with us Hindus. "Hindus are backward", they would say. "Hindus are full of superstition and caste system", they said. "Hindus are not modern", they said. "Hindus are not tolerant enough", they said. "Hindus are not giving enough to younger brother Pakistan and their own minorities", they said. "Hindus are extremists", they said. "The West is superior to the Hindus", they said. "Islam is a religion of peace, while Hinduism is all about idol worshipping and myths", they said. And we believed them. We parroted that, the educated among us, in our innocence. We kept questioning ourselves. "What is wrong with us", we always wondered. Last sixty years are replete with the Hindu self questioning and self doubt, even embarrassment at being a Hindu. To a point that we started saying, that yeah, we are Hindus, but really, we are SECULER. Dont put us in the same category as those other Hindus, those backwards, those idol worshippers......no no, we too believe in only ONE GOD, all our GODS are really just incarnations of the ONE GOD........see we educated ones, we are also MONOTHEISTS. WHETHER WE HAVE A DIWALI PARTY OR NOT, A PONGAL PARTY OR NOT, A HOLI PARTY OR NOT, WE WILL CERTAINLY HAVE THE IFTAR PARTY- EVEN US HINDUS. We became embarrassed of our Hindu dress. The smart set among us even started peferring Islamic dress to our own, proclaiming a Sherwani and Churidar as national dress instead of our traditional dhoti. And yes, we ourselves invented the word, "dhoti shivering". We became embarrassed to speak our own languages and adopted English. You think all this happened by accident.

All this was orchestrated by this Hindu Enslavement Government of India which is nothing but a puppet of the Islamists and the West. It is no better than a colonial government, we always said. Now we know why. IT IS THE COLONIAL GOVERNMENT.

And what else did this colonial Hindu Enslavement Government do ? It divided us Hindus, systematically and categorically. It played us against each other. Reservations for some among us, not for others. Creating real or mythical grievances for one set of Hindus against others. Caste against caste, region against region, brother against brother. How come, when both the Telanganese and other Andhras are both adopting everything Western, they are also both hating each other, based on their minor cultural differences ? A CREATION OF THIS HINDU ENSLAVEMENT GOVERNMENT.
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

Lilo said
Sorry but it seems ur under some impression that every one in brf is waiting for you to reveal the truth .. people here are all aware of the general malaise of our system ... No requirement to keep wailing about it like all is doomed - like you wish to see..

I really wish JEM ji or Shiv ji was around to give a befitting answer to your type.
No, no one waits for anyone to reveal the truth. Everyone seeks the truth for themselves. We on the forum are not here to "reveal the truth", but each of us is here to give their take on the issues of the day and point out the truth as they see it. What you say about people being aware of things, applies to every topic on this forum. Everyone is aware of everything. Then there is nothing to discuss, no need for this forum. Nor will my take on issues match exactly with yours or JEM's or Shiv's. Your criticism is a very strange one. Your logic goes something like this. !) Everyone is aware of what you are saying, 2) You(meaning rsangram) seem to think that people are waiting for you to reveal the truth, 3) Since everyone already knows what you are saying and since your take sounds to me(Lilo) like it is "wailing like all is doomed", 4) I(Lilo), therefore, conclude that you(rsangram) wish to see all to be doomed and 5) I(Lilo) also conclude that you(rsangram) should stop giving your take on the issues of the day.

So, rather than countering my views with logical arguments, which sometimes Bpati and Matmic do, you want to suppress views that you dont like. You want me to stop posting or at least stop posting stuff that you dont like or in a way that you dont like. A natural reaction of immaturity or of a person with whom a raw nerve is hit. I am sorry to hit a raw nerve with you. But the fact that you responded, indicates that you are still "ALIVE" and not jaded or numbed. That is a good sign.

However, I find it curious that none of the issues I have raised bother you as much as the fact that I have raised them and the way I have raised them. It doesnt seem to bother you much that our defenses have been hollowed out and depleted because of corruption, that our soldiers die because of corruption, that our friends such as Iran impound our ships in international waters with impunity, that hostile neighbors walk into our territory at will and force us to abandon patrolling our own territory, that our governance is in shatters, that Hindus are being mercilessly targetted day in and day out by an enslavement system put in place as a result of conquest over Hindus by Islamics and the West. None of these things bother you much. You dont even want to hear any evil, see any evil and speak any evil. You think if you just close your eyes, it all will go away. What bothers you is that I keep reminding you of it, every day. I wish that more of us have the strength to face up to the issue and face up to reality, rather than living in denial. It is painful, I agree, extremely painful to face up to the realities I talk about. If you think I enjoy posting like this, you probably are a poor judge of character. But to be alive means, to live in reality, not in a parallel universe. Only when we live in the real world, will we be able to shape it in our image, possibly, even if it is difficult and make something of our lives. So, you lash out at the messenger, someone who dares report the bad news, rather than the cause of the bad news. Makes sense, it is much easier to shoot the messenger.

I suggest, if you dont like my posts, you either counter them with logical arguments and others will see the relative merits of your arguments or mine or you just dont read my posts. Just dont read what I write, if it bothers you so much.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

rsangram wrote:Lilo said

No, no one waits for anyone to reveal the truth. Everyone seeks the truth for themselves. We on the forum are not here to "reveal the truth", but each of us is here to give their take on the issues of the day and point out the truth as they see it. What you say about people being aware of things, applies to every topic on this forum. Everyone is aware of everything. Then there is nothing to discuss, no need for this forum. Nor will my take on issues match exactly with yours or JEM's or Shiv's. Your criticism is a very strange one. Your logic goes something like this. !) Everyone is aware of what you are saying, 2) You(meaning rsangram) seem to think that people are waiting for you to reveal the truth, 3) Since everyone already knows what you are saying and since your take sounds to me(Lilo) like it is "wailing like all is doomed", 4) I(Lilo), therefore, conclude that you(rsangram) wish to see all to be doomed and 5) I(Lilo) also conclude that you(rsangram) should stop giving your take on the issues of the day.

So, rather than countering my views with logical arguments, which sometimes Bpati and Matmic do, you want to suppress views that you dont like. You want me to stop posting or at least stop posting stuff that you dont like or in a way that you dont like. A natural reaction of immaturity or of a person with whom a raw nerve is hit. I am sorry to hit a raw nerve with you. But the fact that you responded, indicates that you are still "ALIVE" and not jaded or numbed. That is a good sign.

However, I find it curious that none of the issues I have raised bother you as much as the fact that I have raised them and the way I have raised them. It doesnt seem to bother you much that our defenses have been hollowed out and depleted because of corruption, that our soldiers die because of corruption, that our friends such as Iran impound our ships in international waters with impunity, that hostile neighbors walk into our territory at will and force us to abandon patrolling our own territory, that our governance is in shatters, that Hindus are being mercilessly targetted day in and day out by an enslavement system put in place as a result of conquest over Hindus by Islamics and the West. None of these things bother you much. You dont even want to hear any evil, see any evil and speak any evil. You think if you just close your eyes, it all will go away. What bothers you is that I keep reminding you of it, every day. I wish that more of us have the strength to face up to the issue and face up to reality, rather than living in denial. It is painful, I agree, extremely painful to face up to the realities I talk about. If you think I enjoy posting like this, you probably are a poor judge of character. But to be alive means, to live in reality, not in a parallel universe. Only when we live in the real world, will we be able to shape it in our image, possibly, even if it is difficult and make something of our lives. So, you lash out at the messenger, someone who dares report the bad news, rather than the cause of the bad news. Makes sense, it is much easier to shoot the messenger.

I suggest, if you dont like my posts, you either counter them with logical arguments and others will see the relative merits of your arguments or mine or you just dont read my posts. Just dont read what I write, if it bothers you so much.
:rotfl:

Shrimaan "Rana Sangram Singh" ji,
It seems u didn't get from where I am coming from ... My original intention was to see ... for starters if i could get u to change wrt the bolded part, but now u r raising many interesting new propositions fram ur side ...Hain ji ?

PeeyasS: peearreff has some thing called a bost history ... Pliss to use it pefore flying off a tangent
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

Lilo wrote: rotfl
:D I am glad you find the sad state of our country hilarious. If it were some other country or people, I would find it hilarious too. Unfortunately, you are making light of the misery of my people, which is OK, I guess. Different people deal with trauma differently, and I guess this is your way of dealing with severe humiliation.
Lilo wrote:
Shrimaan "Rana Sangram Singh" ji,
It seems u didn't get from where I am coming from ... My original intention was to see ... for starters if i could get u to change wrt the bolded part, but now u r raising many interesting new propositions fram ur side ...Hain ji ?
Where I come from, if you wanted me to get me to change the bold fonts, the way to ask is, "I would appreciate it if you change the bold fonts, they bother me" and not
Lilo wrote:
Saar spare us the screaming in Caps , that too on issues unconnected to this thread ...

BTW r u from Zimbabwe by any chance ?
AND
Lilo wrote:
PeeyasS: peearreff has some thing called a bost history ... Pliss to use it pefore flying off a tangent
I am a simpleton, a humble karmyogi. I have no idea what you are talking about. To me there is no difference between what you said in the quote above and "jfidjfoiejopoehfeodfoefhofheofh".
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

Another example of the consequence of massive corruption in India. This is how corruption is manifesting itself now - in perversion of logic, perversion of mindset and a brazen arrogance among the ruling corrupt that they can speak any nonsense and get away with it. What is the general populace going to do ? Who will speak up against this sort of nonsense and corruption? They are corrupted too.

[quote]Dialogue better option in improving ties: Khurshid
PTI | Aug 17, 2013, 06.41 PM IST
[/quote]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 881425.cms

Sure, of course.

Dialogue is a little better option than killing our soldiers on the border and even beheading them. The difference between dialogue and killing our soldiers is subtle you know, it can go either way, but, when all is said and done, Mr Khurshid comes down on the side of dialogue. What a guy!
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

POSTER BOY FOR CORRUPTION IN INDIA - the only living human worse than excrement - Dog Singh

Take a good look.

[quote]Modi needs a lesson in good behaviour, says Digvijaya
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times Nagpur, August 17, 2013
First Published: 20:37 IST(17/8/2013) | Last Updated: 21:19 IST(17/8/2013)
[/quote][/b]

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 09168.aspx
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

Another example of the consequence of massive corruption within us. Where do the 10% folks have to say now?

[quote]Indian economy destroyed by mindless consumption
Bharat Jhunjhunwala , Hindustan Times August 18, 2013
First Published: 23:11 IST(18/8/2013) | Last Updated: 23:19 IST(18/8/2013)[/quote][/b]

http://www.hindustantimes.com/editorial ... 09553.aspx
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

13:57 The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) finds itself in a flux over the coal allocation scam since it has to comment on the missing coal files. That's primarily because Pradeep Kumar, who is the present CVC was heading a coal screening committee a few years earlier which enabled the allocation of coal to six companies. He was then the Additonal Secretary (Coal). How can he now pass judgement on coal allocation?
:lol:
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Oh, a contradiction and finding itself in a flux!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

200 files were lost, not just one or two misplaced.

IOW there was wholescale destruction of evidence in the Coalgate.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Arms dealer trapped IAF men with sex tape: Letter

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 11637.aspx
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So no more updates on the Bihar school children deaths due to mid day meal poisoning incident?
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

NSEL scam throws spotlight on Sharad Pawar’s agri forum - Firstpost
The National Spot Exchange Ltd (NSEL) scam that has erupted in recent days has drawn attention to the presence of two NSEL directors who are closely associated with Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar as directors on an agri-business forum that was launched by Pawar in 2001.

NSEL’s Chairman Shankarlal Guru and one of its Pune-based directors, BD Pawar, are serving as directors on the board of the Centre for International Trade in Agriculture and Agro-based Industries (CITA) that was launched by Pawar to lobby for the domestic agri-business industry.
One cannot appreciate Pawar for his innovative methods to squeeze Mango Man of this Banana Republic. I will not be surprised if there is no hand of Sharad Pawar in fake warehouse receipts. What is really baffling is sudden fire of NSEL without any previous big smokes, it may indicate power struggle between Dracula and minion vampire.
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

Another example of absolute and complete Corruption that has pervaded our society and nation. Look at this article in today's Times of India. Why does this belong in the "Corruption" thread ? Because Corruption is much more than just bribery or money matters. Real corruption is the corruption of the spirit. After maybe hundreds of intrusions by the Chinese into Indian territory(that the Indian Government has acknowledged), and thousands more that the Indian Government has not, after continued arming of Pakistan, who have recently mercilessly slaughtered our soldiers, beheading some of them, after continuing to occupy thousands of sq kms of Indian territory for almost fifty years, after a massive military buildup and modernization of infrastructure on our borders, after consistently opposing India in ALL mutl-lateral forums, after continuing to perpetrate genocide against our cousins the Tibetans, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, showing no signs whatsoever that this behavior will change, in fact showing all signs that Chinese actions against India will get worse instead of better, Indian government has still agreed to resume these joint exercises. What signal does this send to our enemies the world over ? Then on top of that, it says in the article that India has agreed to conduct these exercises with those divisions or corps of the Chinese Army that controls Tibet, a further humiliation. Does it ever stop ?

The real corruption is not that the Government of India is doing this. The real corruption is that our general populace has their head in the sand so deep and their eyes and ears closed so tight, and their brains so directed at mundane and money making enterprises, that there is no serious opposition to this anywhere. There is no one coming out on the streets against this humiliation. There are no op-eds written against this in the newspapers, there are no electronic media chatter against this, no political opposition, no nothing. In fact, there is almost a "celebratory" and "triumphant" tone to this newspaper report as if this is a big feather in India's cap. Perhaps, the Government of India announced it as a triumph. This is the real corruption. The inaction and even unawareness on the part of the regular population, as our self respect, our strength, our standing and our morale is being chipped away. day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year.

When will we rise up as a nation ? When will we rise up as a people ? When will we rise up as Hindus ? Will we ever have a rise at all ?

[quote]India, China to hold military exercises from November 4 after five years
Rajat Pandit, TNN | Aug 23, 2013, 08.11 PM IST[/quote]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 007225.cms
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Bribery and corruption: ground reality in India - FICCI

Its a 44-page pdf file and it seems to be a well researched article. Worth for a glance.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:So no more updates on the Bihar school children deaths due to mid day meal poisoning incident?

Up. Any updates?
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

^^^ Might pave way for granny state marriage with non state actors
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

Another example of massive Corruption that afflicts the Hindu Society and its so called "Government", which is nothing but the Hindu Enslavement System of Governance. Indian government has lost a further 640 Sq Kms to the Chinese and is now still lying through its teeth about it to the Indian people and the press is playing along, with the exception of a small number of columnists like Mahalingam and Challaney.

An article in today's Times of India.
Chinese intrusion: What the defence minister said and what he did not V Mahalingam
10 September 2013, 04:28 PM IST
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.co ... he-did-not
It is not without reason that the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), which patrols the border with China had reportedly told the government in April that 640 sq km in Raki Nala in north-east Ladakh had been inaccessible to our troops because of a large incursion by the Chinese army.

If this was not so serious, it would be comical, but look at this other article below in today's Times of India. Even the proponent of "Jugad", Jag Surya has finally realized where "Jugad" can lead to ---- absurdity, stupidity, hubris
Upside-down IndiaJug Suraiya
10 September 2013, 10:03 PM IST
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.co ... own-india1

Thus, a Madhya Pradesh government statement recently reassured the local populace that, despite all those alarmist reports in the media, the rupee had not lost any value relative to the US dollar. In fact, said the official statement, the rupee's value, vis-a-vis itself, was exactly the same. All that had happened was that the value of the US dollar had gone up in relation to itself. This had nothing whatsoever to do with the value of the rupee, which remained the same. So don't worry, be happy.

Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

2 new scams in past 4 or 5 days -
CAG unearths Rs 17,000 crore scam in railways - http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... test-audit
CAG reports major forest land scam - http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/ca ... 103010.ece

... involving large-scale misuse of funds leading to a loss to the government running into thousands of crores ...
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

3 CBI directors joined Jindal’s university - http://www.sunday-guardian.com/news/3-c ... PA.twitter

Three Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) directors either joined or got associated with Naveen Jindal's O.P. Jindal Global University in various capacities, after retirement. These directors are Ashwani Kumar, R.K. Raghavan and D.R. Kaarthikeyan. Naveen Jindal is being probed by the CBI for allegedly misrepresenting facts to bag the Amarkonda Murgadangal coal block in Jharkhand in 2008, along with another group firm Gagan Sponge Iron Private Limited. The CBI has registered an FIR against Jindal in the case and questioned him on Thursday.
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

Can amyone inform us if is Laloo paying any restitution? 2 lakhs fine for a scam of 37 crores 20 years back is exactly like 1 peanut. IMO, 1 year of sentence should be added for every year he has been free since the start of the case started and he decided not own up to his actions.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Laloo's private secretary is untraceable for CBI

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/fodde ... 131003.htm

Any ideas why they refuse to catch this guy and question him, despite knowing where he is?
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

rsangram wrote: I am a simpleton, a humble karmyogi. I have no idea what you are talking about. To me there is no difference between what you said in the quote above and "jfidjfoiejopoehfeodfoefhofheofh".

+1
The BR Forum Feedback thread has some interesting comments wrt BRF Oldies, Noobies and BRFites. I think you should provide some feedback too. At times, it seems there are 'too many indians and not many chiefs' :rotfl: or is it the other way around? on BRF :)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

X-posted

BJP seeks prosecution of Nitish Kumar in fodder scam

Buoyed by the conviction of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in a fodder scam case, BJP today mounted an attack on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and senior JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari demanding their prosecution in the same case.

BJP senior leader and former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, who was the original petitioner in Patna high court in the fodder scam in 1990s, alleged that Kumar and Tiwari had taken money from a fodder scam accused late Shyam Bihari Sinha in the 1990s through his pointsman.
"Sinha, an animal husbandry department (AHD) official then and an accused in the fodder scam, had recorded a confessional statement before the police under section 161 of CrPC claiming that he had through one Umesh Singh paid Rs one crore to then Samata Party leader Nitish Kumar in 1994-95 after the latter had demanded some money to defray the expenses of the assembly elections in March 1995," he told reporters.
In the same confessional statement, Sinha had told the police that he had paid Rs 30 lakh to Rs 35 lakh to Shivanand Tiwari, then a Janata Dal leader, through Tripurari Mohan Prasad after Tiwari had demanded Rs 50 lakh from him for not proceeding with filing a petition in high court seeking a probe in the irregularities in the AHD, he said quoting from the annexure of the confessional statement by Sinha.

Modi said Sinha and other accused persons in the fodder scam had confessed to paying bribes of lakhs of rupees to Tiwari on several other occasion in the 1990s in lieu of his political benevolence, Modi said.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Is this a sweetheart deal from Air India to Eithad Airways?

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 952_1.html

Air India to sell 5 Boeing 777-200LRs for $500 million to Eithad Airways.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Nice article about how Laloo was nailed despite best efforts of the establishment. Current CBI director had an ignominious role to play. By Uttam Sengupta, who had a close-range view of things as Patna resident editor, The Times of India. http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?288053
Biswas never parted with any information related to the investigation to me, except once. On the contrary, he was the recipient of a lot of information from us. Indeed, once when TV crews pestered him for soundbites, he offered to recite lines from Hamlet. And TV channels went to town. He was served with a showcause notice and an internal inquiry was ordered. The then joint director (south), one Mr Mukherjee, came down to Patna to inquire and I was requested to meet him and answer his questions. The only time when Biswas, to my knowledge, shared his views and evidence was when he called me one morning to his office. When I reached there, he disclosed that he had just finished correcting a draft chargesheet and he wanted me to react to it. Even as we discussed the draft, his personal assistant came in to say that the CBI director, Joginder Singh, was on the line. I stood up to leave but Biswas waved me down. Over the next minute or so, I was privy to a most fascinating but one-sided conversation. The joint director was chirpy at the beginning but grew progressively grim. Starting with a cheerful, “Good morning, sir, all’s well, sir,” the conversation meandered to “No, sir...I’m sorry, sir... I cannot do it, sir...I will not do it, sir....” By the time he put down the receiver, his face had become stony and he was clearly making an effort to maintain his composure. After several seconds, I ventured to ask, “Is anything wrong?”—prompting an explosion from Biswas. He banged his fist on the table and hissed, “What is right? Nothing is right.” When he calmed down, he revealed that the CBI director had asked him not to submit his progress report to the high court. Joginder Singh instead had cleared a parallel report prepared by Ranjit Sinha, the then DIG, CBI, at Patna (and the present CBI director), and ordered Biswas to present it as the official CBI report to the court.

A grim and sullen Biswas was brooding as I left, struggling to decide how best to use the information. Publishing a report would be of no use because both Biswas and Joginder Singh could deny it. In any case, I had no clue about the discrepancies in the two reports or, for that matter, what the reports contained. I shared the information with the special team of reporters investigating the fodder scam. And they came up with the idea that we should alert the judges. They were due to attend a high-profile wedding the same evening, we found out, and that is where the information was passed on to them. At the next hearing, the judges pointedly asked Biswas why his report was so markedly different from his previous report. “It doesn’t seem to have been prepared by you, Mr Biswas,” one of the judges asked. The CBI joint director stood up and said, “It is not my report, Lordship.”

Nobody believed Laloo would ever get convicted. Chief ministers leave neither a paper trail nor direct evidence to link them with scams. He did benefit from the scam and, wittingly or unwittingly, could do nothing to control the greed of people around him. When the scam started in the 1980s, the scamsters would overdraw a few crores of rupees and nobody seemed to pay any attention. During Laloo’s term, the fraudulent over-withdrawals skyrocketed to Rs 100 crore in one year and Rs 150 crore in another.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Old but fascinating article about blackmailer criminal officials and their links with Maino's man friday Vincent George. Abhishek Verma and Ajit Jogi also have roles to play -
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/arre ... 43233.html
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Businees Standard article which indirectly links to the helicopter scam.

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 542_1.html
Offering a board position in a real estate company to a Swiss-American brokering a controversial defence deal may sound a bit stretched. But that’s how it was for Guido Ralph Haschke, believed to have played a role in selling Italian group Finmeccanica’s helicopters to India.

On September 25 2009, Haschke was appointed to the board of Emaar MGF, a joint venture between MGF and Dubai-based Emaar Properties, as an independent, non-executive director. He held the post till December 7, 2009. In Emaar MGF’s draft red herring prospectus for a proposed initial public offering (IPO) dated September 29 2009, Haschke’s designation is stated to be “business consultant”. On his term as board member, the prospectus said he was “liable to retire by rotation”.

On why the real estate company had appointed Haschke as board member and that, too, for such a short period, an Emaar MGF spokesperson told Business Standard, “Due to the statutory requirement of having an independent director on the board in order to file for an IPO, his name was recommended to us due to his experience with the international financial sector.”

“As the IPO eventually fell through, he did not continue on the board,” he added.

In September 2009, apart from Haschke, there were five other independent and non-executive directors on the Emaar MGF board. Also, there were four non-independent, non-executive board members and two non-independent, executive members, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Board of India.

Haschke did not attend any board meeting during his stint at Emaar MGF, the Emaar MGF spokesperson said. The company has clarified it wasn’t associated with any of Haschke’s businesses, past or present.

In the past few years, Emaar MGF had filed the red herring prospectus thrice. However, it failed to launch an IPO for various reasons, primarily the global economic slowdown.

Even as the company stated its version of the story on why Haschke left the board so soon, the circumstances under which he was appointed for such a short period are shrouded in mystery. According to a source, Haschke might have been appointed to the real estate company’s board for his acumen in cutting deals.

Emaar MGF was incorporated on February 18, 2005. As of August 31, 2010, it had completed only one project, according to a draft red herring prospectus filed in September 2010.
This fellow was arrested in Switzerland today.....

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 040_1.html
Swiss authorities have arrested Guido Ralph Haschke, the alleged middleman in the AgustaWestland VVIP helicopter deal, on charges of bribery, Italian media reported today.

According to Italian news website, La Repubblica, Haschke could be brought to Italy by next week in case he prefers not to appeal against extradition proceedings before the Swiss Federal court.

The court in Switzerland ruled that Haschke can be extradited to Italy, Italian news agency ANSA reported.

The Rs 3,600-crore VVIP AgustaWestland helicopter supply contract is under probe of Italian and Indian agencies for alleged kickbacks paid to Indian officials - including former IAF Chief SP Tyagi - to clinch the deal.

Tyagi has denied allegations of any kickbacks.

Swiss-American Haschke is one of the 13 accused in the FIR filed by CBI which is probing the bribery allegations in the deal.

"Guido Haschke and Carlo Gerosa (both middlemen) managed to send 5.6 million euros through Mohali-based IDS Infotech and Chandigarh-based Aeromatrix Info Solutions Private Ltd to India and kept the remaining amount of about 24.30 million euros received from AgustaWestland with themselves in the account of IDS Tunisia," according to the CBI FIR in the case.

The Italian prosecutor who carried out the preliminary inquiry here has alleged that the CEO of Finmeccanica, the parent company of the UK-based AgustaWestland, had used services of middlemen to bribe Indian officials.

CBI which carried out the probe in India had named 13 individuals, including Tyagi and European middlemen Carlo Gerosa, Christian Michel and Guido Haschke, in the FIR as accused, in connection with the alleged bribery.

The Indian probe agency has alleged that during his tenure as the IAF chief, Tyagi and "with his approval" the Air Force "conceded to reduce the service ceiling for VVIP helicopters from 6,000 m to 4,500 m as mandatory (although) it was vehemently opposing the same on grounds of security constraints and other related reasons".
Emaar is part of 2G shadow groups.

And recall the bribery occured with Indian contract yet India is not in the legal process except in providing chargesheets to Italians. The real scandal is the bribe money was used to influence Italian elections.

By whom?
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

The following does not seem to have gotten much attention in the Indian press?
Indian illegal mining investigation ends without explanation
Abrupt halt to investigations sparks concern over extent of corruption uncovered in India's mining sector
theguardian.com, Tuesday 22 October 2013 10.51 BST

A major investigation into India's illegal mining practices that led to the arrests of public officials for corruption was wound up last week without explanation, sparking concern about the extent of government complicity in illegal activities.

The investigation was set up by the government in November 2010 in response to public pressure to address India's escalating illegal mining practices.

Vijay Pratap, convener of the thinktank South Asian Dialogues on Ecological Democracy, is convinced it was closed due to the extent of corruption uncovered in the country's mining sector.

Pratap said: "The commission was exposing too much corruption at government level and risked undermining tightly woven corporate collusion with the political class, which has sadly become endemic in the mining industry. This is why the government aborted the investigation."

The commission was headed by Justice M B Shah, with a mandate to investigate financial transactions between exporters, traders and mining lease owners, as well as illegal practices, such as mining without a licence, mining outside lease areas, transporting minerals illegally and mining-related ecological destruction.

The government's ministry of mines terminated the commission on 16 October without offering an explanation.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-devel ... commission
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks like in the Bihar school children mid-day meal poisoning case, the headmistress and her husband who supplied the pesticide instead of the cooking oil are charged with murder.

School mistress and husband charged with murder in Chapra, Bihar
By Rajesh Roy and @rovingrajeshrajesh.roy@dowjones.com
Vibhuti Agarwal connect

The headmistress of a school in India is formally charged with murder after 23 children died from pesticide-contaminated lunch. The WSJ's Rajesh Roy tells Abheek Bhattacharya why new reforms on free lunch programs may not work in India.

NEW DELHI—The headmistress of a school in India's Bihar state where a pesticide-contaminated lunch killed 23 children in July has been formally charged with murder, police officials said Monday.

"Our investigation shows it was nothing less than murder," said Barun Kumar Sinha, superintendent of police in Saran district, where the school is located. The headmistress's husband has also been charged with murder, Mr. Sinha said.

Raj Kaushal, chief investigating officer in the case, said a 346-page report has been filed to the magistrate's court in Chapra, Saran's main city.

"The court will examine the charge sheet for next two to three days. The trial is expected to begin at the end of this week," Mr. Kaushal said. A judgment is expected within three months, he added. Under Indian law, the jury can consider lesser charges.

Kundan Kumar, the district magistrate in Chapra, confirmed that the police have charged Meena Devi, the headmistress, and her husband Arjun Rai.

Meena Devi, center, was arrested on July 24 as she was about to hand herself in to a court in Bihar state. Agence France-Presse/Getty Images

Ms. Devi, who is also known as Meena Kumari, was arrested in Chapra on July 24, eight days after the lunch killed 23 children and hospitalized two dozen more. Mr. Rai was arrested in August. They remain in custody in Chapra. Neither they nor their lawyer could be reached to comment.

A forensic investigation ordered by the state government in July found monocrotophos, a highly toxic chemical compound used in fertilizers, on eating utensils and vegetables left over from the meal served at the school on July 16.

Mr. Sinha said Mr. Rai had bought pesticide from a local sugar factory and stored it in the same room as groceries intended for school lunches.

"What was the intention behind keeping the pesticide there?" said Mr. Sinha. "The food got cooked in pesticide instead of mustard oil, leading to the death of children," he added

While preparing the meal, the school cook noticed the oil had a strange color and a foul smell, but Ms. Devi told her to serve the food, Bihar's education minister, P.K. Shahi, said in July.

"Even the cook had alerted the principal that the food didn't smell good, but she was told to shut her mouth and serve," Mr. Sinha said on Monday. The cook was hospitalized after tasting the food and has recovered. She couldn't be reached to comment.

The children also complained about the smell and taste of the food, but Ms. Devi forced them to eat it, the police superintendent said.

Dharmendra Kumar, who lives near the school in Gandaman village, said Ms. Devi had been headmistress there for a little more than two years.

Mr. Sinha said it was suspicious that the accused pair's nephew and niece, who studied at the school, were called home on the day of the poisoning and not given contaminated food. Mr. Kumar also said the two students had been called home.

Ms. Devi and Mr. Rai were charged under sections of the Indian Penal Code that relate to murder, attempted murder, criminal conspiracy and causing hurt by means of poison, Mr. Sinha said.

"We want the culprits to be hanged to death," said Rameshwar Mahto, who lost three grandchildren in the poisoning. "The government should also provide more financial assistance," he added. :((

The state government has paid out 200,000 rupees ($3,273) to families for every dead child. It also said it paid the hospital bills and food and medicine costs for one month for those who were hospitalized.

The poisoning raised concerns about a government initiative to provide free meals at schools across the country. Local government and police officials conducting a joint investigation in July said the school in Gandaman, around 60 miles from Bihar's capital Patna, had inadequate infrastructure and poor hygiene conditions.

The school was a one-room building and the cook prepared meals outside. Its students, aged 4 to 12, have been relocated to a nearby school.

R. Lakshamanan, the head of Bihar's school-lunch program, said on Monday that he was satisfied with the police investigation. "It was completed in reasonable time," he said. :eek:

He said that the midday-meal program was restarted in Gandaman in September.

"Things have settled down, but it took some time to convince parents that the food was safe for consumption," Mr. Lakshamanan said, adding that the state government has started a training program for teachers and cooks throughout Bihar to educate them on food safety, quality and hygiene.

A 2010 report by India's Planning Commission found serious flaws in the BIHAR state's midday-meal program, where only 22% of children said they were content with the food provided. The other 16 Indian states surveyed had satisfaction rates of 76%-99.5%.

The report found that only 50% of schools surveyed in Bihar had storerooms for grain, and nearly 16% of them were in such poor condition and so prone to rodent infestation that they weren't functional. In schools without storerooms, grains were often kept in classrooms, depriving children of space, it said.

Write to Rajesh Roy at rajesh.roy@dowjones.com and Vibhuti Agarwal at vibhuti.agarwal@wsj.com
In my view this is an example of how corruption hurts.

The root cause of the tragedy was the husband storing pesticde in the same store room as the food that was supplied to the school lnch program.

There is a conflict of interest when the school principal's family suppplies the food articles to the school. This cause COI caused the school principal to ignore multiple arnings from the cook and the school children about the malodor of the food lest her family loses the contract.

Next cause was the lack of training and rank of the cook who was over ruled by the school principal. The cook could not over ride the principal's ruling to serve the food.

Along the way many other probably causes were idenitified and are being rectified: lack of food safety training, lack of covered food preparation areas, lack of kitchens in the schools.

But unfortunately the police investigation is dealing with only the criminal aspects as it should and not the systemic issues of:conflict of interest in procuring mid day meal supplies, lack of independent authority for the kitchen staff, training in food safety.

Making the school prinicpal and other officials also eat the meals would not have solved the problem as it would only have added to the number dead.
These Mr Lakshmanan as the head of the school meals program has to investigate and rectify.

Having said all this what was the reason for the husband to store the pesticide along with food supplies in the store room? And how was it stored in its own container or in a cooking oil container?And who issued the pesticide?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

CONGRESS.

C is for Corruption,Cockroaches,Cretins,Communnalism.

O is for Oligarchy,Obscurantism (its also a number signifying "zero").

N is for Nepotism,Nehru-Gandhi dynasty.

G is for Gandhi-Nehru dynasty,Greed,Graft.

R is for Rahulji,Rubbish,Robbery,Riots.

E is for Emergency,Escape Velocity.

S is for Soniaji,Soniaji,Soniaji.

S is for Sleaze and (P)sycophancy.

Add your own favourites!
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Not enough evidence against Swiss bank in Hassan Ali case: Vahanvati
He is accused of holding $8 billion (more than Rs. 49,000 crore at present value of the rupee to the US dollar) in the Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS).

The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had sought Vahanvati’s opinion on whether prosecution under various sections of the Income Tax Act could be launched.
How benevolent ED is and asks valuable opinion of AG, just to know whether to file a case or not.
Vahanvati also pointed out UBS officials had maintained that Khan did not hold any account with the bank except three accounts opened in July 2001 and closed in October, 2011.

He said to prove that bank officials were not telling the truth and intended to help Khan evade tax, the tax authorities here should have enough evidence to proceed.
Saying less is better in this instance.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Govt decides to cancel the Westland Chopper deal.

Chopper deal to be cancelled

If I recall GOI already paid more than the advance and got only a couple of choppers.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

About Hassan Khan's interrogation

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... n-ali-khan

Evidence can come from interrogation too.
member_27847
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27847 »

Inefficiency and wastage are as much or bigger problems as corruption.

I did not see any thread on 'inefficiency' so I am posting here some anecdotes from "Navratna" PSU companies.

I am not giving specifics as each anecdote is a scandal in itself, and I have no intention to get embroiled in investigations.

What ails India's PSUs (and other Govt owned entities)
----------------------------------------------------

Fact -1 : Indiscipline

There is serious indiscipline in PSUs. The engineers are ineffective in directing their juniors. The tradesmen work as they wish on the factory floors. The 'regular' employees do not work except during 'overtime' hours. I have been told recently that 'regular' employees do not work even overtime now. Work is done totally by 'temporary' staff. 'Regular' employees only mark attendance, and engage in private work or political activities. Any manager who complains is intimidated or beaten up.

Fact-2 : Wastage

Machines and equipment imported at huge cost (and Fx) lie unused or under-used. Deep politicization of factories means that the selection of staff to train on a machine and operate it all become politicized. Production levels are very low and quality norms are often ignored. A specific example was told to me by a welder of a renowned PSU that got the job of building the turrets of a battle tank. The entire lot from this PSU was rejected due to poor weld quality. The welding was poor as the workmen did not adhere to the procedures.
member_27847
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27847 »

PWD anecdote: An executive engineer told me that he goes to work for two hours only as there is no work.

Lakhs of government employees receive their salaries without doing any work.

Is this enshrined in Indian constitution that 'Government employees will be kept on job and receive salaries even without work'?
member_27847
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27847 »

Fact 3 (Public Works Department) -

The entire PWD work is done by contractors? Why? Why engineers and supervisors are hired if contractors are to be used?
The poor 'casual labour' live in slave like conditions and no government law or machinery protects them, completely at the mercy of contractors.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

You can thank the Nehru Dynasty for the aforementioned state of affairs. The FSB and MNREGA is doing this to the rest of the nation. We want more of the same, Right??
member_27847
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27847 »

India also suffers from blatant external interference, specially in foreign policy and defence.

First let me give you a simple example - there were many reports about poor quality of INSAS rifles. If people want, I shall provide a link to a senior officer whose article is on Internet.

So I asked many INSAS wielding securityman (at least 10) about their gun repeating the compliants. I find armymen (jawans) very friendly and easy to talk to.

Not one said there are problems. And not a single one had good things to say about his officers. Everyone suspects the complaints are motivated.

These are serious issues and must not be glossed over.

There is also a communication failure between jawan and officer. This is a matter of great significance and must be attended to by hiring external psychologist and experts.
member_27847
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_27847 »

Why minimum wages are not applied to construction labour, farm workers, and domestic servants??? Why unorganized sector is not provided any medicare or other benefits?

Are these some special or lower class of citizens not worthy of any equal consideration???

Why child labour is still being used in this country, including in homes as domestic servants. These children are often subject to horrible treatment???

Why a country treats some of its citizens as animals or worse???

India continues to be a country forgetful of its commitments and responsibilities as enshrined in its own constitution.

No doubt India has low regard from other countries. What is the use of talking about great culture of India (all historical) when the present is so awful???