2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Aditya_V »

I feel by listening to media, babucracy and screwing small businessmen like me, who despite perception end up paying both IT and GST, unlike IT VT who are guaranteed salary credit the BJP is screwing itself badly. It is listening to its enemies rather than its core who voted it to power. Rather than identifying clusters, stopping international travel and pandering to media - extending this lockdown is sheer madness.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Aditya_V wrote:
pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1247456690603089926

Seems every state want's the lock-down extended ...
I am going against the tide here, they have enough time to identify the clusters. This seems more like enjoying beauracratic privilege at the cost of citizens. A better plan would
1. Close all schools, creches , summer camps etc till June 20. Allow 25-30% collection of school fees to keep the salaries going
2. Close cinemas , malls, clubs, keep restaurants for delivery only till 10 May
3. Keep places of Worship/ religious congregations/ marriages closed for say 10-15 more days
4. For trains (including local trains restricted stops to main stations) / flights we need Aadhar linked test kit and verification. Person traveling must have taken Covid test before hand, proven negative and biometric verification should happen before they can be allowed access to the Railway station/ flight. No congregation allowed at Airport/ Railway stations.
5. Stop all inward international flight travel except of emergency.
6. In order to stop covid through packaging materials, stop imports of white goods, consumer materials, electronics etc for 6 months. Oils, Coal , Raw materials should only be imported.

Allow private establishments with public transport to function
There is politics too, in this clamour for extension of lockdown. If the extended lockdown results in economic and social misery that makes Modi unpopular and that is something that opposition parties wouldn't be unhappy about. If the lockdown is lifted and there is a second wave of infection then the opposition can turn around and say, "See, we told you. It was unplanned imposition and now hasty lifting". You score political points again. Heads I win tails you lose proposition.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/Aakar__Patel/status ... 0283370498
Aakar Patel @Aakar__Patel

Moron has spoken one on one more with foreign leaders than Indians chief ministers who control lives 10X more Indians. He spoke to Swedish leader today. No idea why. Pompous ass.
About Modi .. He knows they "foreign leaders" are calling him and about their quota of "medicine" that Modi is in a position to oblige. Bekaar knows it but cannot not believe it!

Bekar speaking thus shines a light on the extreme frustration building up within the liberandu jaamaat.

1. Modi's relatively successfully handling of the crisis that has singed many other countries including advanced ones.

2. The failure of the "engineered" flight of the poor from Delhi to trip Modi.

3. The near total response of the Indian public on two occasions to Modi's call.

4. Tablighi Jamaat's misstep that allowed them to be pulled in deeply into the COVID mess in India.

5. Foreign leaders but especially the high and the mighty (mostly white skinned ones), in the liberandu's estimation, making a beeline to speak to Modi and beseech him to release some HCQ. Indian readout of these calls are fairly bland taking about generic "co-operation" while usually these calls are initiated by the other side and are usually requests for Medicine. Liberandus cannot imagine a brown Indian being so sought after by the Advanced Whites. They have taken this turn of events as a personal insult!!!

Kahin deep jale kahin dil ...
Last edited by pankajs on 08 Apr 2020 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0tTdrKWvWc

Narendra Modi and Indian Muslms । Pushpendra Kulshrestha

anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Engineer Allegedly Beaten Up At Maharashtra Minister Jitendra Awhad's Home, FIR Accessed
8 Apr 2020
Thane: Engineer thrashed by Awhad's men for posting morphed pic| Thane News - Times of India
Nishikant Karlikar | TNN | Updated: Apr 8, 2020, 05:41 IST

THANE: A 40-year-old civil engineer from Thane has claimed that he was beaten with bamboos, fibre sticks, belts and iron rods by NCP workers in the presence of two police constables and housing minister Jitendra Awhad at the latter's bungalow for uploading an objectionable Facebook post against him. The victim, Anant Karmuse, was later admitted in hospital where he was treated for bruises on the back, a fractured finger and administered stitches.

In his complaint, Karmuse said the incident took place at midnight on Sunday after he posted a morphed picture of Ahwad with a lit matchstick and captioned it: "I protest against the person who edited the photo", as the NCP minister had slammed PM Modi's call to light diyas or candles to show 'collective resolve' against coronavirus. Vartak Nagar police have registered a case of kidnapping, rioting, assault and issuing threats, but have made no arrest yet. Denying the allegations, Awhad said he was asleep on Sunday night and no such incident had taken place at his bungalow.

Karmuse said: "Around 11.50pm, two constables in uniform and some men reached my flat on Ghodbunder Road and asked me to come to the police station for questioning. When I asked them about the case, they refused to give details." He said when they reached downstairs, the cops snatched his bike keys and phone and dragged him into a white SUV, while the other men followed them in another SUV. Karmuse said when they passed the police station, he asked them where they were going. "The cops said they were taking me to the cybercrime office. But they took me to Awhad's bungalow." He claimed there, 15-20 men beat him with fibre sticks, bamboos, belts and rods as Awhad and the cops watched. Karmuse alleged the cops told the men not to hit him on the face or head even as one of them said they should kill him. He said when he apologised and promised to remove the post, they took him to the gate, beat him up again and made a video.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

An interesting face book post.

Also tweets: natashjarathore@natashjarathore

It has thoughts that have so far not been explored by any in the mainstream media.

Natashja Rathore
29 March at 05:12 ·

DISCLAIMER: READ THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. The following is an extremely political and possibly politically incorrect piece. I've never really expressed my political views. However, this time, it's a matter of life and death and I think this is of critical importance. If you do land up reading the whole thing and still do not get my point - please do not post your nasty comments here. I don't have the time, energy, mind-space or willingness to engage in a debate with you. If you do not agree with me, you can choose to stay silent or press the unfriend button. I don't mind shedding some toxicity from my Newsfeed. Here goes :

A crises involving life and death, is the best time to judge a person’s intention. For it is at this time that our true nature is revealed.

My findings have been that while large amounts of Indians are brainless trolls, goons and bhakts with an excuse to push their religious or extremists ideas, a large part of the “intellectual” and “woke” community are no better with their mindless and blind hatred for Modi. How do you navigate through extreme ideologies at both ends? How do you make sense of the truth?

Gene sharp is an American Political Scientist who has written several books on how to demolish a government. He has come up with 198 methods on how to bring down a government through non-violent, democratic ways. The movement should talk about peace and democracy but render the govt. non functional to a point it paralyses the machinery. In the end, the systems that add strength to the govt will become ineffective and collapse. Some of these methods have been implemented at Tahrir Square in Egypt - The same thing happened in Ukraine against Russia. Hong Kong for 76 Days - there was havoc!

Some of these methods include - throwing stones at the police and our own security forces, destroying their pathways, blocking the roads, setting fire to fire engines - (what’s used to extinguish fire- burn it first so that everything else burns), placing women and children on the front lines of a protest, acid packets, molotov cocktails (petrol bombs), using the media to run negative campaigns, spread fake news, mislead people and turn our own people against the govt.

When you put this in the context of what is happening in Delhi in the garb of religious riots - it appears as if these are strategic methods to diffuse the govt. Well thought through and premeditated by intelligent, educated, well read, well informed people. Whatever has happened in Delhi is a direct reflection of at least 70-80 of the methods Gene Sharp has listed.

CAA has nothing to do with this.
This has nothing to do with Muslims.

We need to understand that with the size and population of this nation - secularism isn’t even up for question! India has survived the French, Portuguese, British, Mughals and our secular fabric has remain unscarred - what are a couple of Hindutva goons? What is more worrying is that this nation has been looted and has been kept a third world country for decades on end. It has thrived for decades on corruption and dynasty politics. What’s more worrying is intelligent, well read, educated people are buying into misinformation and are being politically swayed.

While I do agree that having the BJP in power has given a boost and sort of twisted entitlement to some religious goons and trolls with vested agendas - the political game that is being played to bring down Modi is even more dangerous to the democratic and secular fabric of this nation. WAY way more dangerous than some religious goons and idiots. Anybody who knows anything at all about leadership would know that the first rule of being a leader is that you carry your team with you no matter how irresponsible or incompetent they are cause that is team work. Anyone who knows anything about being a good team player knows that no matter what your internal issues are, you do not expose your team member for his/her mistakes, you plug the gap and move on.

But why would anyone hate Modi so much? India has survived for decades on corruption and dynasty politics. To illustrate an example from my personal life - my dad moved to Mumbai in 1998 to start his career as a gastroenterologist - he was the pioneer of endoscopic ultrasound in India. He has made his way up from earning Rs. 12,000 a month to owning and running his own dedicated Gastroenterology Hospital in the heart of Mumbai city. But the journey hasn’t been an easy one. Over the years, he has been professionally ostracised, the whole fraternity has turned against him, he has faced death threats and violence, there was an instance where goons were sent to beat up his assistant. Why? Because he was better than the rest? Because he refused to give into corruption and cut practice at the cost of the patient. This is human nature. We do not like to see anyone or anything succeed. Especially if that someone belongs to a small town or lower socioeconomic strata.

The thing with India is, we have never had a leader who represents 90% of India’s population, we have never had a leader who is a Chaiwala, who comes from that socio-economic strata, who understands the General Indian public. Modi understands that for any change in India - we need movements, not laws. A lot of what Modi has implemented in the country, the speed with which things have changed, the way that he has dealt with situations and people is commendable. The only tangible thing that maybe one can poke a hole in right now, is the economy at this point - but drastic measures have been taken and only time will tell if these are truly effective or not. In fact, my financial advisor has said that if there is any economy that will pick up faster post COVID, it’s the Indian economy because it’s 90% self sufficient.

I received a Gujarati audio clip from Dr. Sharad Thaker, an MBBS, MD Doctor and Author in which is talking about a recent pre-COVID conversation he had with Modi. He asked him "What's up these days?" and he says anyone's normal response would have been "I am fine". Modi took a moment and with sincerity and seriousness and responded "Sadhana". So he asked him "What kind of Sadhana?" - to which Modi responded - "Sadhana to gain control over sleep. To reduce the amount that I sleep." He was astounded cause he knows for a fact Modi sleeps only 3-4 hours a day. So he asked him "I've heard you already sleep very little. How much more do you want to reduce the hours that you sleep?" Modi responded in all seriousness "I don't want to sleep at all." People might find this unbelievable but he says "I understand this because I practice sadhana myself and it is possible to gain control over sleep through sadhana. Legend tells us Hanuman never slept." They spoke a lot after that and he asked him another question "But why do you want to do this. What for?" Modi said, "For this nation and the poverty. It's a great nation but we've been looted and I need to fix it. 20 Hours is too little. I need all 24 hours." While saying this, Modi had tears in his eyes and while listening to this, Dr.Sharad had tears in his eyes. They then spoke about Modi's days in the Himalayas and the vision he had - he received a message to not become a Sadhu but instead return to serve the country. Dr. Sharad asked him "There are so many people after your life right now. You're on top of everyone's hitlist. Aren't you afraid." --- Modi said "It's my life's purpose is to serve this nation. Till such point my purpose isn't fulfilled, no one can kill me. And once my purpose is fulfilled, nobody can save me. I'm not afraid of death. I'm here to fulfil my purpose." ---- Dr. Sharad says, "I'm not the sort to blindly follow somebody. When we go out to buy a matka, we knock it a few times to check if it's kaccha or pakka. This isn't a matka. This is man. Who has been knocked several times. Not by one person but by 1.3 billion people and he still stands strong. He's not a kaccha matka. He's not a kaccha man."

While videos and tweets of violent protests erupting in China's Hubei Province amidst the lockdown are being pulled down aggressively by the Chinese Government, videos of Migrant Workers gathered in thousands and tweets criticising the Indian Government continue to flood the internet in unprecedented numbers. If the government is as fascist as you claim they are - would you even have the freedom to do this? It’s been 6 years by the way - if a fascist government had to happen, if that really was the intention, it would have happened by now. A friend from America sent me a voice note this morning. He said “Natashja I’ve seen people criticise the government everywhere. But in India, the level people stoop to is a whole other level.”

The negativity on twitter is crazy. These tweets and posts are trending like never before. Nearly 4.5 Billion people are on the internet, if you mislead them and create a narrative as if the govt. is inefficient, your job is half done. Gene Sharp says that there are a few systems that add strength to the govt and you need to use media to bring them down. It’s no wonder that people have now started to target Sadhguru and various other spiritual organisations - but you can’t really poke a hole in Jaggi’s logic and action for the most part so people resort to cheap tactics. While armchair activists sit on their twitter accounts spewing hate, Sadhguru is still out there doing some fantastic things, changing world policies.

There are enough and more people out there on twitter who retweet like machines without even reading the post just because they’re biased, some get paid to retweet, some are are just interested in the sensational headline - and you know how we humans get when we are operating with a bias like I mentioned in the opening paragraph. A group of 25 influencers is enough to make a tweet trend on twitter. I’ve been observing that these people use the evening and night hours to trend the negative tweets. This is when people in the west wake up - that’s the perception and side of the story they get. Well-meaning intellectuals, college students who stay up late, are the easiest targets - nobody wants fascism, nobody wants religious extremism, nobody wants communal wars, nobody wants bloodshed.

It's day 4 of the lockdown today, India has registered over 1000 cases now. While 4 slum dwellers from 4 different slum clusters in Mumbai have tested positive for COVID, Thousands of Migrant Workers are out on the highway walking back to their Villages, while many others were ferried by DTC buses to the border and abandoned.

India poses a number of problems when trying to tackle COVID primarily because of 1) Educated Illiterates 2) Genuine Illiterates 3) Fake WhatsApp News 4) Biased Intellectuals and 5) Evil Politicians . In his National Addresses over the course of the week, The Prime Minister has begged business owners with folded hands to continue paying their employees and take care of their employees amidst these trying times. Yet videos are surfacing like the woman whose maid was banned from entering the society. She started screaming "Who the hell is going to pay my maid for 3 weeks? Are you going to pay her? Is the Prime Minister going to pay her? She is fine. There is nothing wrong with her. She will come to work." --- unfortunately this is the mindset of many Indian employers and as a result, many migrant workers have been removed from their jobs.

The Prime Minister begged with folded hands on National Television "Please maintain social distance. Stay where you are. Do not go back to your villages.” - and still we have a sea of humans gathered and stranded at the borders of Delhi and UP. So, what went wrong?

One route we can take here is - the government should have could have thought of the fallout before declaring a lockdown. They should have anticipated this, knowing the Indian public. Let’s just accept that. But we were running out of time and it was critical to call for a lockdown at that point in time. It was most certainly the right time in the lifecycle of the pandemic - calling it earlier would have left us fatigued and calling it later would have thrown the situation more out of control than it is right now. Could they have built shelter homes in stadiums to accommodate these migrant workers? Sure, that would have probably been a good idea but after the PM’s address, let’s admit, nobody expected this kind of chaos!

Bearing everything in mind, from the Central Government’s call to lockdown the nation to mobilising medical supplies and equipment at lighting speed to activating economic packages and overall response to the crises seem very well intended. It took China 10 Days to build a 1000 bed hospital. India transformed the Indian Railways into a 6370 bed facility overnight. The preparation and planning that has gone into managing this pandemic in a country like India, is unprecedented in the history of the world.

With regards to these migrant workers, many of them have said that they were misinformed through Fake News, WhatsApp and DTC people that the buses are plying and they’ll be able to get on board from Anand Vihar. Again, Gene Sharp 101 - Rumours were spread and Panic was created to bring the situation to where it is right now.

The Central Government has literally done everything in it’s power, considering the size of the nation, the density of the population and the density of brains of the Indian population to curb this pandemic. But unfortunately, it has been clearly displayed, over and over again in Delhi that there are multiple forces at play in the political scenario who would love to watch the Modi Government fail even if it is at the cost of the citizens and the Nation. This is what is sad —— what is happening today, is a tragedy for politics in India but above all, it is a tragedy for Humanity.

After everything that Modi has done for the nation in the last 1 week despite the multitude of challenges India has in terms of - poor healthcare systems, not enough testing kits, poverty, stubborn indisciplined disorganised public, unscientific idiots; after having gone on International platforms like the G20 Summit to knock sense into monstrous leaders of other nations that "Human lives are more important than the economy" #ModiMadeDisaster is trending on twitter today with people claiming Modi “singlehandedly“ pushed India into stage 3 of community transmission. Everything that is happening in India today is proof beyond a doubt that the opposition is DESPERATE. It’s proof beyond a doubt that they will do EVERYTHING they can to shit on what Narendra Modi has achieved. They will do ANYTHING it takes to bring down Narendra Modi even if it is at the cost of the nation and its people.

I want you to take a moment and let this sink. At a time when people are dying, at a time when it is a matter of life and death. At a time when it is about standing up for your country and saving its life. The opposition has chosen to expose the most vulnerable group of people and use them to bring down Modi.

These are the monsters you voted for. Let that sink.

Boy am I glad today that Amit Shah rigged the damn General Elections! (i.e. if he rigged the elections) I would have probably done the same in his place. If I was leading this this country today, there is no way in hell I’d let monsters like these take control of my nation. Screw democracy! We don’t deserve it. We need a leader who can set things straight.

Today, I’ve understood what it means to be a nationalist. Today, I’ve understood who the real Anti-Nationals are. Today, I’m proud of the leader we have. It takes guts and enormous amounts of grit to stand up to shit like this and still emerge victorious. Today, I am grateful for the steps he has taken to safeguard and prepare India for this pandemic. Today, I am ashamed of myself for not having stood up and spoken about this earlier for fear of what my artsy-fartsy left liberal friends would think. Today, I’m publicly declaring my support for the Modi. Govt.

Call me a Bhakt. Unfriend me. I don’t care.
Last edited by chetak on 08 Apr 2020 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Aditya_V wrote:
I am going against the tide here, they have enough time to identify the clusters. This seems more like enjoying beauracratic privilege at the cost of citizens. A better plan would
1. Close all schools, creches , summer camps etc till June 20. Allow 25-30% collection of school fees to keep the salaries going
2. Close cinemas , malls, clubs, keep restaurants for delivery only till 10 May
3. Keep places of Worship/ religious congregations/ marriages closed for say 10-15 more days
4. For trains (including local trains restricted stops to main stations) / flights we need Aadhar linked test kit and verification. Person traveling must have taken Covid test before hand, proven negative and biometric verification should happen before they can be allowed access to the Railway station/ flight. No congregation allowed at Airport/ Railway stations.
5. Stop all inward international flight travel except of emergency.
6. In order to stop covid through packaging materials, stop imports of white goods, consumer materials, electronics etc for 6 months. Oils, Coal , Raw materials should only be imported.

Allow private establishments with public transport to function
What you are suggesting is likely what will happen. At most i see the lockdown continuing for 2 more weeks max, and after that they will try to isolate the virus hotspots. The government is in a real fix here, open up the economy and you risk spreading the contagion , keep it closed and you risk tanking the economy. In many places in MH and Delhi there is lax enforcement of the lockdown in several districts, this may explain why those two states have the highest number of cases. MP has a different issue of muslims going militant and simply doing everything possible to disrupt the work being done by health workers and the police. There is a growing concern in indore and bhopal that the number of fatalities in muslim communities is increasing by the day which is not being reported to the authorities. The largest muslim cemetery in Indore has held over 130 funerals in less than 3 weeks raising suspicion.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Here is another one based on Dainik Bhaskar, Indore report ... SS of the report in the tweet for those that can read Hindi.

https://twitter.com/MukulAgarwal66/stat ... 4261719041
mukul @MukulAgarwal66

According to Dainik Bhaskar Indore edition, reports from the 4 biggest Muslim cemeteries is that there were 130 burials in whole of March, whereas there have been 127 in first 6 days of April

Frightening and shocking.
130 burial in March vs 127 in the first week of April ?!! Red flags all over. Looks like community transmission within a Muslim locality. IF true this too will one day be spun as Modi did not do enough for the Muslims and he left them to die.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shampoo boy is versatile.

he can tweet through two holes as convenient :mrgreen:

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shampoo boy is certainly taking a hit on social media

RVAIDYA2000 @rvaidya2000 · 4h

whoa
Me think he completely misunderstood Modiji-when he told to hold Diya for 9 minutes at 9PM

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Picklu wrote:Our power grid consumption in normal times are 270+ GW. The system working at 117 GW is operating at roughly 43% capacity.

Even at this level, it could go down to 31% i.e. a drop of staggering 28%

Please tell me a single system any one of you have designed/created/operated that is capable of handling such fluctuations within matter of 10/15 minutes.
Is it safe to say this is probably the biggest (or one of the biggest) ever planned fluctuation of a national electricity grid ?
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

chetak wrote:shampoo boy is certainly taking a hit on social media

RVAIDYA2000 @rvaidya2000 · 4h

whoa
Me think he completely misunderstood Modiji-when he told to hold Diya for 9 minutes at 9PM

Apparently on Indian SM he is popular by a new name- Saucy Bhaiya
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote: Apparently on Indian SM he is popular by a new name- Saucy Bhaiya
The male version of Savita Bhabi
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Guys, Tharoor Maama is single and available to mingle... he is good looking, intelligent, highly educated, well-to-do, erudite, suave etc etc, so it is natural that the ladies are attracted to him. I saw some interviews with his old friends and they say he was that way even at St Stephens in the early 70s.

Let him have his fun.

I used to respect him earlier when he made good points even though he was in the Congress. But lately he's become mean and petty.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I have zero respect for Tharoor of late with his pettiness and his continued slavish service to the dynasty. Plus I see an element of perversion in him too, if it is true that he chases women who are old enough to be his daughter or worse, his grand daughter. Enough said about that clown.
Last edited by CRamS on 08 Apr 2020 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I see several DDM outlets carrying this TSP Jihadis Shoab Akhtar for kirket, for India to supply ventilators and such. I hope there are no back channel crap going on between Indian govt and TSP to use this COVID shit as an opportunity to resume p!ss. No, not after the hateful bile that TSP has been spewing post Aug 5th. And I also notice that slowly but steadily, TSP has increased its terror after some hiatus. Recall the gun fight along LoC last few days taking 5 of our brave jawans. DDM filth has no bloody shame or self respect to continuous give space to Paki scum, and neither do our ex cricket stalwarts like Yuvraj Singh and Bhajji any TSP IQ for making bread so publicly with the king of Jihadis, Afridi, but I hope Indian govt doesn't succumb to TSP's smooth talk.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

KL Dubey wrote:
Picklu wrote:Our power grid consumption in normal times are 270+ GW. The system working at 117 GW is operating at roughly 43% capacity.

Even at this level, it could go down to 31% i.e. a drop of staggering 28%

Please tell me a single system any one of you have designed/created/operated that is capable of handling such fluctuations within matter of 10/15 minutes.
Is it safe to say this is probably the biggest (or one of the biggest) ever planned fluctuation of a national electricity grid ?
I believe it is. The USSR tried something like this in the 70's and their grid did collapse.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

CRamS wrote:Good article by the erudite Brahma Chellaney on the role of China and Jihadis in the spread of COVID

https://www.hindustantimes.com/columns/ ... XEUUM.html

Only point of disagreement I have is with his observation on why Indian govt allowed Shaheen Bagh for so long. According to him, it because govt wanted to build up a back lash against the protesters. I doubt it. More likely because India's colonized elite and BIF romanticized this Jihadi gathering as the triumphalism of Indian democracy and glorified the women protesters as Gandhian peace-nicks fighting "oppression", that had Indian govt moved to clean them up, the headlines in white newspapers would have screamed bloody murder. Hence BJP govt chickened out IMO. But the sad and ironic part is that the same combination of BIF, India's colonized elite, and white newspapers still accuse Indian govt of murder.
Perhaps it was the virus rather than a Chanakian strategy, but there is now a backlash against Shaheen Bahgh/ TJ and all their supporters. Even before the virus I think the anti CAA lot overplayed their hand - none of their multiple strategies was going anywhere. These were:
1. Using the Universities (JNU/Jamia etc). The JNU rioting and agitation created revulsion and they lost whatever sympathy they had from liberals.
2. Shaheen Bagh's in every state - TJ has shown how dangerous gatherings of the faithfools can be.
3. Rioting - Not working any more because the state is retaliating strongly (the only thing that went wrong in Delhi, was that it happened under the glare of the International media who were covering the Trump visit.
4. Courts: Not entertained any stay order against CAA.

Nizammuddin was also handled well. The optics would have been war worse, if the mosque was stormed (so soon after Delhi riots) and people inside arrested. It would also have been a lot worse if the 2000 people inside had left earlier and spread out across India. In the past week, millions have seen disgusting stories of the behavior of the TJ's under quarantine, attacks on medical staff etc. Their outrage will grow when the lock-down gets extended in part and people feel it is because of the TJ cases - without which the figures of new cases may well have justified a complete lifting.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I haven't read Chellaney's latest. His take "usually" is much too hawkish/reactive for it to have any real policy level impact. Good to have a rabble rouser like him on our side to dish it out but that is as far as his utility is.

The backlash is real and there for everyone to see. GOI did commit blunders along the way but the "backlash" strategy was/is real. I had stated quite a while back that BJP/Modi will allow the opposition to polarize the public opinion and save itself some work. Same thing.

I am not too sure about the context of the post on Shoab Akhtar or TSP but I guess GOI will supply it with medicine & equipment that TSP is ready to pay for and that India can spare.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

There is a link to an ABP article for those that can read Bengali. I can't.

https://twitter.com/ujjwalpareek/status ... 8467744768
Ujjwal Pareek @ujjwalpareek

Now there's clear proof of community transmission in Kolkata . 2 pavement dwellers found COVID-19 positive from different parts of the city.

The government should immediately act with agility to counter this without wasting time.
Mumtaz Banoojee's efforts to shield TJ's shenanigans in Bengal are yielding results. The more she tried to hush this up the more this thing will spread. Same in Mumbai.

The performance of the 2 best performing CM's per media is bound to bring greater glory to India.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Skanda wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote: Apparently on Indian SM he is popular by a new name- Saucy Bhaiya
The male version of Savita Bhabi

How come Shashi tharoor is seen around with eye candies, while holding books? Or maybe those books are just the cover for....
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Deans wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:
I believe it is. The USSR tried something like this in the 70's and their grid did collapse.
According to the HBO series, Chernobyl happened because they botched a demand-drop test.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

pankajs wrote:I haven't read Chellaney's latest. His take "usually" is much too hawkish/reactive for it to have any real policy level impact. Good to have a rabble rouser like him on our side to dish it out but that is as far as his utility is.
Its worth a read, I posted the link above. Not sure I agree, he does have some practical suggestions more often than not.

The backlash is real and there for everyone to see. GOI did commit blunders along the way but the "backlash" strategy was/is real. I had stated quite a while back that BJP/Modi will allow the opposition to polarize the public opinion and save itself some work. Same thing.
Its the extent of the back lash. As far as I can tell, beyond traditional BJP supporters, I doubt there was any more significant back lash. Proof of this is the severe drubbing BJP got in the Delhi elections despite making it a campaign issue front and center. Even ModiJi called Shaheen Bagh an experiment in his campaign speech and warned Delhi voters against its pernicious effect. But despite everything BJP threw at it, Delhi voters were not impressed and still voted for that anarchist scum bag and has gang of BIF comrades.
I am not too sure about the context of the post on Shoab Akhtar or TSP but I guess GOI will supply it with medicine & equipment that TSP is ready to pay for and that India can spare.
G.sarkar has all the links on the TSP thread on Jihadi Shoab's begging for COVID related supplies.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

“Just as Lord Hanuman brought the holy medicine from the Himalayas to save the life of Lord Rama’s brother Laksmana, and Jesus healed those who were sick and restored the sight to Bartomeu, India and Brazil will overcome this global crisis by joining forces and sharing blessings for the sake of all peoples. Please accept, your Excellency, the assurances of my highest esteem and consideration.”
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro

https://www.deccanherald.com/national/b ... 23004.html
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CRamS wrote:
pankajs wrote:The backlash is real and there for everyone to see. GOI did commit blunders along the way but the "backlash" strategy was/is real. I had stated quite a while back that BJP/Modi will allow the opposition to polarize the public opinion and save itself some work. Same thing.
Its the extent of the back lash. As far as I can tell, beyond traditional BJP supporters, I doubt there was any more significant back lash. Proof of this is the severe drubbing BJP got in the Delhi elections despite making it a campaign issue front and center. Even ModiJi called Shaheen Bagh an experiment in his campaign speech and warned Delhi voters against its pernicious effect. But despite everything BJP threw at it, Delhi voters were not impressed and still voted for that anarchist scum bag and has gang of BIF comrades.
Analysis is not a linear scaling ... Note the highlighted portion of my initial comments.

So even while there is polarization amongst the masses, unless there the opposition takes an active hand, it is unlikely to lead to polarization at the booth. Further, unless polarization is severe like during a riot and fear takes over other issues, other issues are going to dominate at the booth.

1. Now with the above in mind, did Kujli show solidarity with Saheen bagh? NO. He scrupulously avoided it.
2. Was there a riot that led fear overriding every thing else. NO. Riots did happen in Delhi but after the elections.
3. It takes two to tango and Kujli did not play to the BJP script. He is smarter than the CON and left who batted in favor of Shaheeb Bagh and it cause CAA-NCR while Kujli completely avoided it.
4. Backlash against Shaheen bagh and Tableegi Jamat does not automatically become backlast against any political party UNLESS that political party takes a hand in the proceedings.
5. Common folks don't understand international politics & BIF.

The same could be said of elections in MP, RJ and CH results just prior to GE 2019 but the above 5 points help explain that too.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/scribe_prashant/sta ... 6134427651
Prashant Kumar @scribe_prashant

BIG BREAKING: 12 spots in Noida, 13 spots in Ghaziabad sealed. No blanket sealing to be done in districts. Hotspots identified. Only the hotspots to be sealed.
While the general lockdown may be extended by a week or not ... looks like the new strategy seems to be so seal the hotspots and open the rest of the country probably in stages.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1247847908289859584
TIMES NOW @TimesNow

Markaz menace in Maharashtra.

Several people who attended the event are now untraceable.

Aruneel with details. | #TablighGoesOffGrid
This will generate a backlash /create polarization .. does not mean it will automatically translate into a vote in favor of BJP.

https://twitter.com/timesofindia/status ... 5462211591
The Times Of India @timesofindia

Uttarakhand: Two Jamaatis slapped with attempt to murder charges for hiding their participation

http://toi.in/tzcTwa/a24gk via @TOICitiesNews
The backlash/revulsion however allows the governments to go for harsher measures to control the situation like the above.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Remember when dealing with liberandus ..

https://twitter.com/Iyervval/status/1247855915778236416
Abhijit Iyer-Mitra @Iyervval

Those who stereotyped Hindus for Godhra, Cow & Delhi violence, now don’t want muslims stereotyped

Those who communalised rural violence & secularised Muslim mobs don’t want muslims named

Those who discard statistical sampling bias for cow lynchings now discover sampling bias
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Gerard wrote:
“Just as Lord Hanuman brought the holy medicine from the Himalayas to save the life of Lord Rama’s brother Laksmana, and Jesus healed those who were sick and restored the sight to Bartomeu, India and Brazil will overcome this global crisis by joining forces and sharing blessings for the sake of all peoples. Please accept, your Excellency, the assurances of my highest esteem and consideration.”
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro

every joker uses taqiya to defraud India and we keep falling for it in a standard pavlovian type of response. It never fails.

we seem to have a huge national inferiority complex that needs to feed off some imagined approval by constant affirmation of the goras, like a druggie desperately looking for his next fix and not caring about where and how he gets it.

Indeed, a brazillian jehadi is quoting the Ramayana and the SDRE natives in India are simply thrilled beyond words.

every joker, even some unpad moron like shoab akthar knows the right buttons to push
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

let's not forgot how the whole world mocked us few weeks back about curing our infected with gaumutra. and now these same countries asking medicine from us. Someone should write an article about this. Karma works in strange ways.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

just look at how the groundswell of demands to help the porkis are being orchestrated and managed by the presstitutes and the globally sold out Indian media, never mind that we were attacked in cashmere just a few days ago by these very same jehadis who are now using this shoaib akthar guy to front their desperate demands.

Have no doubts that this "India should supply ventilators to pak" demand springs from the very depths of the desperate paki deep state and is bajwa + ISI inspired.

These guys are utterly shameless beggars who have always known the right buttons to push, whether it is the amerikis or India.

the demands will slowly escalate to demands for huge supplies of PPE, medicines, testing kits and full fledged prefab ready to go labs all to be supplied for free in the name of "humanity" by the "generous" gaumutra fixated big brother.

and that is not all
"If India makes 10,000 ventilators for us, Pakistan will remember the gesture forever. But we can only propose matches, ultimately authorities will decide."

#Shoaib Akhtar bats for Indo-Pak series to raise funds for fight against #COVID19 pandemic
and will this Indo-pak cricket series be called the "gaumutra' series in honor of a foolish India :mrgreen:

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

chetak wrote:every joker uses taqiya to defraud India and we keep falling for it in a standard pavlovian type of response. It never fails.

we seem to have a huge national inferiority complex that needs to feed off some imagined approval by constant affirmation of the goras, like a druggie desperately looking for his next fix and not caring about where and how he gets it.

Indeed, a brazillian jehadi is quoting the Ramayana and the SDRE natives in India are simply thrilled beyond words.

every joker, even some unpad moron like shoab akthar knows the right buttons to push
That was a tad unwarranted, saar.

Modi's MEA would be a tad harder to fool than the aam unwashed yindoo. To me the test would be whether we'd have given away anything we couldn't afford to (recall MKG/Nefroo and UNSC seat, Aksai Chin, Chittagong etc).

Doubt NM would fall into such a trap. In fact he's gone around pushing buttons of other swollen headed netas all around (Trumpwa with Howdy-Modi & Desh Trip, Bolsonaro with R-day guest-ship, empelol Xi with the Mahabalipuram visit, etc.)

Why assume a situ where something becomes masterful taqiya when others do it (incl trash like Shoaib) but becomes unseemly when we do it?

Besides, any int'l praise for anything Indian was indeed rare and precious for decades. That is changing and gushing praise from all over may soon become the new naarmal only.

Only.

Only.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

given bleeding heart nature of modiji, I don't think we can escape pakis demands. it's same as nibbis throwing stones at us and slander hindus at first chance they get. Also stand first in queue to get modiji money.

that's the story of india for last thousand years.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

https://twitter.com/abdullah_0mar/statu ... 1138180096
This is Terrorist funeral in Sopore (Kashmir valley).

I request PM Modi not to use PM-CARES or Govt. money if any of these get infected with CoronaVirus. Yeh nahi sudharenge.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

chetak wrote:
Gerard wrote: - Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro

every joker uses taqiya to defraud India and we keep falling for it in a standard pavlovian type of response. It never fails.

To an extent Indian/Yindu are gullible to external praise but especially White praise. However, the following was unnecessary after the letter / Hanuman / Sanjevani reference

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1248089739892346880
ANI @ANI

Brazil Pres Jair Bolsonaro in his address to the nation thanked PM Modi for helping Brazil with Hydroxychroloquine. He said, "As an outcome of my direct conversation with Indian PM, we'll receive, raw materials to continue our production of Hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19".
At home he could have taken all the credit himself without any reference to India.

In addition to Hari saars points.

It is a loads of maska (butter) along side genuine appreciation. Works for India.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:I haven't read Chellaney's latest. His take "usually" is much too hawkish/reactive for it to have any real policy level impact. Good to have a rabble rouser like him on our side to dish it out but that is as far as his utility is.

IF Bakis or someone on their behalf is willing to pay we should supply. I had written this before and shouldn't come as a surprise. Make logical sense too.

IF we refuse, they will still get OUR products and we will get the rap for being insensitive in the times of a crisis. E.g. WHO/US could buy from India and supply to Bakis AFTER our refusal and that wouldn't look good on India. Better we do it directly and earn some brownie points avoid looking insensitive in the times of a crisis.

We usually tend to look at issues from a narrow prism or in binaries but that is very risky. In foreign policy, flexibility is the name of the game as also choosing the correct issue and time to deliver punches. There will be other days and other issues to hit out at the bakis.
Last edited by pankajs on 09 Apr 2020 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Hari Seldon wrote:
chetak wrote:every joker uses taqiya to defraud India and we keep falling for it in a standard pavlovian type of response. It never fails.

That was a tad unwarranted, saar.

Modi's MEA would be a tad harder to fool than the aam unwashed yindoo. To me the test would be whether we'd have given away anything we couldn't afford to (recall MKG/Nefroo and UNSC seat, Aksai Chin, Chittagong etc).

Doubt NM would fall into such a trap. In fact he's gone around pushing buttons of other swollen headed netas all around (Trumpwa with Howdy-Modi & Desh Trip, Bolsonaro with R-day guest-ship, empelol Xi with the Mahabalipuram visit, etc.)

Why assume a situ where something becomes masterful taqiya when others do it (incl trash like Shoaib) but becomes unseemly when we do it?

Besides, any int'l praise for anything Indian was indeed rare and precious for decades. That is changing and gushing praise from all over may soon become the new naarmal only.

Only.

Only.
each and every single one of our citizens, irrespective of who they are, is more valuable than the entire ummah.

we should husband our resources and temper our propensity for illogical generosity with practical caution. We should be guided by our supreme national interests alloyed with constructive diplomacy so that each recipient is aware of possible tradeoffs that may be constrained upon them in future.

All the goras do this so why not us. If the recipient does not behave as expected, simply deliver a swift and immediate kick to their testimonials with hob nailed boots.

The situation in India is still extremely fluid and no one can really say what the chinese virus will do next or which illiterate jehadi will spread it in some as yet undiscovered novel method.

The situation of local doctors and medical staff being abused is far more widespread than is being acknowledged in the media, social, electronic or print.

we should wait and watch, gage the constantly evolving situation before we fritter away our resources in unproductive ways to undeserving, intractable and ungrateful recipients ever ready with eternally outstreched begging hands used as instruments of state policy when dealing with India.

this crises is for the long haul and has no easy, rapid or even short term solutions

we have endlessly and without expectation, supported our "neighbours" and over the years all of them, without exception, have spat in our face because of some imagined and entitled grievance that has gone "unfilled" which they feel should have been addressed by India for free in the cause of "humanity".

no need to repeatedly name these countries. Everyone knows who they all are.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

In any case, Bakis will not be saved by "our" HCQ or ventilators!

The only thing that works in social distancing and lockdown which the bakis are unable or unwilling to do. HCQ or ventilators don't stop the spread of Coronavirus.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

India should send few barrels of gaumutra to pakis. if China can send underwear as face mask, we can do this.

After all, it was their isi stooges who mocked us using gaumutra.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

The extent of the backlash can be judged by some tweets ... For starters ..

https://twitter.com/zainabsikander/stat ... 6961441793
Zainab Sikander @zainabsikander

Dear pliable journalist,

Thoo.
Per her, Tabjeeqi Jamat and by extension Muslims getting a bad name is because of "pliable journalist".

Another one promoted by our very own Couptaji
https://twitter.com/ShekharGupta/status ... 4902155264
Shekhar Gupta @ShekharGupta

Call it a mistake, not conspiracy against India, say Muslim scholars on Tablighi Jamaat event

ThePrint's Fatima Khan @khanthefatima
reports
All signs of revulsion and the resultant backlash.

https://twitter.com/smitabarooah/status ... 9541320706
Smita Barooah @smitabarooah

The decision to hold the #TabhleegiJamaat event was perhaps an error of judgement. The subsequent hiding ,lying, jumping quarantine, spitting, shitting, & flashing are all criminal acts. No amount of whitewashing will erase that.
I agree with this view.

There is no conspiracy against India but gross negligence to start with and continued criminal acts.

TJ leaders could still go on TV every hours and issue appeal to their members to present themselves at the nearest police station/hospital for checkup and ask members to strictly follow the guidance and directions of the doctors.