2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by RoyG »

vish_mulay wrote:
Not even 200 of the approximate 10,000 students from the Indian Institutes of Technology took up positions outside India last year. Fifty students, who make up the largest contingent, will be leaving from IIT-Bombay, followed by 40 from Delhi, 25 from Kharagpur, 19 from Kanpur, 13 from Madras, 17 from Roorkee and five from Guwahati. In 2012, 84 IIT-B candidates had accepted international job offers.
https://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/ ... 578855.cms
The figures have more to do with the pandemic.

Before an economic implosion the talent leaves. Haiti, Venezuela, Iran, Russia, India, etc. are experiencing brain drain to varying degrees and it is crippling.

I have a theory that Pakistan will collapse before absolute water scarcity, self inflicted jihad, and all that because of the sheer number of talent fleeing the country.

You are eventually stuck with managers and those below them who can't think beyond what is in front of them. They have nothing to contribute.

We make excuses for non-performance and glorify small successes. We have a long way to go before we become innovators. We are just getting our act together in being proper imitators.
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

We are assuming parents are going to be happy seeing the kids in India rather than flying from Amrika every Diwali. That also needs to change.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

vish_mulay wrote:
Not even 200 of the approximate 10,000 students from the Indian Institutes of Technology took up positions outside India last year ... had accepted international job offers.
https://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/ ... 578855.cms
The real question is how many have come here for grad studies - masters or PhD? They are never going to go back. These 200 are on H1B I presume. Their fortunes (numbers) rise and fall as per the fickle nature of supply and demand. But grad students who studied here in the US will have better long-term prospects (of staying here). Also, many students are coming to the US for UG studies. Their parents are mortgaging their own homes to finance UG. Out-of-state UG costs at least $200K which is 1.6 crores INR. If they return to India, at the current salary levels, they have little hope of paying off these loans. Frankly speaking, just a UG degree from the US is not enough that those returning would be able to contribute to Indian mfg in a major fashion.

We should get out of this IIT elitist mindset. Cut down on the number of marginal private engg. colleges and improve the standard across the board.

Civil servants wouldn't like those kinds of structural changes.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

So Looks like CJI Lalit setup a meeting to finalize names of justices to be appointed. Chandrachud and Abdul Nazeer did not attend the Collegium meeting to prevent any appointments by CJI Lalit. So Lalit gave up basically giving all the power to Chandraachud to appoint after November.

fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

hain nj, please explain more...
S_Madhukar
BRFite

Post by S_Madhukar »

Vayutuvan wrote: We should get out of this IIT elitist mindset. Cut down on the number of marginal private engg. colleges and improve the standard across the board.
Civil servants wouldn't like those kinds of structural changes.
+101 it is high time we gave justice to our non-IIT talent who are often as good when they do MS/PhD in US
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

:twisted
May be it wrong thread but one very curious thing has happened
India was praised by few African countries at UN GA. Suddenly they found Indian medicine killed 67 children in Gambia. WHO was very active and send fully dressed officials to the Gambian shenty towns where kids die due to lack of any medicine. Goi has to check whole batch dispatched to different countries and find about adulteration.This whole affair is fishy.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rsingh wrote::twisted
India was praised by few African countries at UN GA. Suddenly they found Indian medicine killed 67 children in Gambia. WHO was very active and send fully dressed officials to the Gambian shenty towns where kids die due to lack of any medicine. Goi has to check whole batch dispatched to different countries and find about adulteration.This whole affair is fishy.
MoHA has taken serious note of the matter and is investigating the supply chain. There were no reports of deaths in India with the same medicine.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued an alert over four cough and cold syrups made by Maiden Pharmaceuticals in India, warning they could be linked to the deaths of 66 children in the Gambia.

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters the four cold and cough syrups in question “have been potentially linked with acute kidney injuries and 66 deaths among children”.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

This dude "Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesu" is full time Chinese door mat. He bent backwards to prevent Wuhan Virus from being linked to Wuhan and Xi in any way. They even avoided it naming similar to Xi. I wont be surprised if this is his and his chin masters saajish.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Outgoing CJI recommended Chandrachud as his successor. Let's see what the Govt does now.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Cyrano wrote:Outgoing CJI recommended Chandrachud as his successor. Let's see what the Govt does now.
What can they do?
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Saffron Terror and Hindutva Ideology
29 OCT 2021
By Dr Seema Khan

https://www.internationalaffairs.org.au ... -ideology/

In Britain and India, we must resist the tragic thinking that pits Hindus against Muslims
Chetan Bhatt

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... cester-bjp
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

So let’s see now. Hindutva informs Christians’ Jews’ Sikhs’ communists’ yazidis’ attitudes to these peacefull people.

It always helps to make sense. Even in the pages of the Guardian, which disappoints on a daily basis.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I neglected to include atheists.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/guyro/status/1579835592355237889
Guy Rosen @guyro
I wanted to set the record straight about two stories run this week by
@thewire_in with untrue claims about Meta’s content moderation operations and processes. tl;dr these stories are fabrications. (1/6)
10:05 AM · Oct 11, 2022

Guy Rosen
@guyro
The stories are simply incorrect about the cross-check program, which was built to prevent potential over-enforcement mistakes. It has nothing to do with the ability to report posts, as alleged in the article. (2/6)

Guy Rosen
@guyro

In its October 10 story, @thewire_in links to a supposed internal report about the incident in question. It appears to be a fabrication. The URL on that "report" is one that’s not in use. The naming convention is one we don't use. There is no such report. (3/6)

Guy Rosen @guyro

In its October 11 story, @thewire_in cites a supposed email from @andymstone. It is a fake. The supposed email address from which it was sent isn’t even Stone’s current email address, and the "to" address isn't one we use here either. There is no such email. (4/6)

Guy Rosen @guyro
That same story makes reference to an internal journalist "watchlist." There is no such list. (5/6)

Guy Rosen@guyro
These accusations are outlandish and riddled with falsities. Let’s hope @thewire_in is the victim not the perpetrator of this hoax. (6/6)
The Varadarajan scum and his WIRE fake news agents ran a story ... fabricated all emails/documents ...

Time to use this to shut down his operation. He is funded by Soros kind of orgs.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

vijayk wrote:The Varadarajan scum and his WIRE fake news agents ran a story ... fabricated all emails/documents ...

Time to use this to shut down his operation. He is funded by Soros kind of orgs.
Why don't Meta India sue Wire for defamation? A legal challenge hopefully will force Wire to come out clean...
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Zynda wrote:
vijayk wrote:The Varadarajan scum and his WIRE fake news agents ran a story ... fabricated all emails/documents ...

Why don't Meta India sue Wire for defamation? A legal challenge hopefully will force Wire to come out clean...
Why would they sue their ally who is doing everything to break India!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

PK and Nitish Kumar fighting it all out in Bihar. PK says Nitish started crying and begged him to help after 2014 elections. He took pity on him and helped him. Nitish says PK is a BJP agent and asked him to merge JD(U) with Congress. How does it make him BJP agent? God knows
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:
rsingh wrote::twisted
MoHA has taken serious note of the matter and is investigating the supply chain. There were no reports of deaths in India with the same medicine.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued an alert over four cough and cold syrups made by Maiden Pharmaceuticals in India, warning they could be linked to the deaths of 66 children in the Gambia.

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters the four cold and cough syrups in question “have been potentially linked with acute kidney injuries and 66 deaths among children”.
Gaurav Pradhan writes:

"News Indian media ignored while reporting Gambia deaths

1. Gambia blamed death on EColi outbreak post worst flash floods in 50 yrs.
2. He said the pattern of deaths is the same as in previous yrs

3. Maiden Pharma has blamed a French company- a supplier of paracetamol

4. At no point ever Gambian authorities blamed Maiden drug for deaths.

Since the very beginning, they have been maintaining that deaths are likely to have been caused by E Coli.

6th Oct: @d_s_thakur -an active associate of USFDA and one who makes his living by earning money from whistleblower assignments jumped into the scene & wrote a long thread. Coincidentally, his book on DEG contamination- maiden blamed for -came next day.

Defame India is Cabal agenda because we are taking over Pharma Lobby"
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

And now there is this report in mint on the Gambia case:

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/ind ... 08849.html
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

vijayk wrote:Nitish says PK is a BJP agent and asked him to merge JD(U) with Congress. How does it make him BJP agent? God knows
By giving Nitish wrong ideas and sending him up the wrong tree :lol: .
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Now, CBI will investigate the brutal murder of Sadhus in Palghar.

Maharashtra Govt is ready to hand over the case to CBI.

The Shinde-Fadnavis led Maharashtra govt has now filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court to hand over the case to CBI.

powarful peoples have more reasons to worry now, pappus and penguins complicit by malicious omission while others by malevolent commission.

@ANI·Oct 11
Injustice will not be done to Sadhus in the state and those who have done it will get strict punishment: Maharashtra CM Eknath Shinde on Maharashtra govt transferring probe in 2020 Palghar mob lynching case to CBI
7:32 PM · Oct 11, 2022
Last edited by chetak on 12 Oct 2022 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Chetak garu, good to see you back! Hope aalleezwell !!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:Chetak garu, good to see you back! Hope aalleezwell !!

aalleezwell Cyrano ji.

foolishly but inadvertently locked myself out of my account.

thanks to a moderator who reached out and sorted out the issue.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Sachin wrote:
vijayk wrote:Nitish says PK is a BJP agent and asked him to merge JD(U) with Congress. How does it make him BJP agent? God knows
By giving Nitish wrong ideas and sending him up the wrong tree :lol: .
:rotfl: ., exactly so., touchy Nitishwa probably suspects everyone around him of being a BJP agint
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

chetak wrote:

aalleezwell Cyrano ji.

Oh shucks, the email with which I registered is no longer valid due to ISP change. Paswd in browser memory and i don't remember what it is. If I face the same problem as you did, I'm not sure the mods know how to contact me, assuming they'd want to !
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:
chetak wrote:

aalleezwell Cyrano ji.

Oh shucks, the email with which I registered is no longer valid due to ISP change. Paswd in browser memory and i don't remember what it is. If I face the same problem as you did, I'm not sure the mods know how to contact me, assuming they'd want to !
ditto problem saar.

But my el cheapo ISP deleted all email id's because of cost cutting issues without informing the id owners.

password can easily be retrieved from your browser.

google will tell you how.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

chetak wrote:powarful peoples have more reasons to worry now, pappus and penguins complicit by malicious omission while others by malevolent commission.
The poster's name is not very clear when reading on mobile, but this writing style made me zoom in to see if it was who I thought it was. And lo and behold, our good ol' chetak saar was back!

Welcome back, saar. You were missed.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Cyrano wrote: Oh shucks, the email with which I registered is no longer valid due to ISP change. Paswd in browser memory and i don't remember what it is. If I face the same problem as you did, I'm not sure the mods know how to contact me, assuming they'd want to !
Cyranoji,
I think this is a common problem with BRF. This is my third incarnation in this forum, having lost my password, I had to register again and again. But as long as the atman is the same, it does not matter what name or form we assume while reincarnating.
Gautam
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

chetak wrote:

aalleezwell Cyrano ji.

Welcome back Chetak Saar, you were missed when things got all hot in Maha, for a moment thought somebody snagged you in all that ruckus. Waiting on your posts in your inimitable style.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

chetak, good to see you back :D
g.sarkar wrote: Cyranoji,
I think this is a common problem with BRF. This is my third incarnation in this forum, having lost my password, I had to register again and again. But as long as the atman is the same, it does not matter what name or form we assume while reincarnating.
Gautam
Inspector-saab, please send a mail with your BRF userid to webmaster@bharat-rakshak.com in future, incase you get locked out. The mail will get charcoaled on the walls of the kave-kamplex of admin jirga by the Boss-djinn. Some adminullah coming in for khushboo’s feed and a bottle of Pindi-noir will see it and fix issue. Aasman-ak-phyr all round.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Chetak ji, welcome back! BRF just wasn't the same without you (no offense to the rest of the posters).

I vaguely recollect your last post was 20 July 2022. Searched for your last post to see if you left after a tiff with others. Thankfully, you are back.

BTW, please continue posting regularly, with your take, in your own style :) All is well :D
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

hnair wrote:chetak, good to see you back :D
g.sarkar wrote: Cyranoji,
Gautam
Inspector-saab, please send a mail with your BRF userid to webmaster@bharat-rakshak.com in future, incase you get locked out. The mail will get charcoaled on the walls of the kave-kamplex of admin jirga by the Boss-djinn. Some adminullah coming in for khushboo’s feed and a bottle of Pindi-noir will see it and fix issue. Aasman-ak-phyr all round.
Thanks to you, hnair saab. You made it possible.

Thanks also to others who welcomed me back

Family. Nice to be back again.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

chetak wrote:
Thanks to you, hnair saab. You made it possible.

Chetak mate welcome back saar!!! Great to see an old hand sticking around :mrgreen:

Hnair typing in Benis dialect is top!

Now chetak please do visit the rus ukr threads need your views on the way the bear is stumbling around based on ur past knowledge!

Still owe you that cottage pie promised all those years ago in nukkad :((
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Some revival going on here, andy B is an ancient name from the abysses of my memory. Good to see you post saar. Hope more rishis and munis of yore give us darshans again. Namovah!
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

It is raining Gurus these days. Just like good old days. Only if we could have our L&M dhaga back.... :mrgreen: .
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

chetak wrote: Thanks to you, hnair saab. You made it possible.

Wellcome back Chetak Jee