Lok Sabha Elections 2024 - World's largest elections - Desh Ka Garv [World's envy]

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: Lok Sabha Elections 2024 - World's largest elections - Desh Ka Garv [World's envy]

Post by Pratyush »

PK interview live on Mojo Story.

https://youtu.be/1PshxrZagCc?si=NWrcaxsZO-vpMw_0

He is saying that BJP is increasing its seats from 303.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Re: Lok Sabha Elections 2024 - World's largest elections - Desh Ka Garv [World's envy]

Post by suryag »

Dont believe PK, Bhajpa needs to work double hard
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

sanman wrote: 19 May 2024 15:12 France gives "election coverage"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i9_cVVqiQw
France and EU leftists dream of income equality by making everyone poor!

They all would be delighted to run a huge social experiment of wealth retribution à la Pappu, in a poor phoren country of course...
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

May 18th EC press release:
https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=2021017
Election Commission’s determined and concerted assault on money power and inducements in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections has resulted in staggering seizures worth Rs 8889 crores by the agencies. Enhanced vigil against inducements including drugs and psychotropic substances has resulted in big seizure actions and continuous surge. Drug seizures have been maximum. Regular follow-ups and reviews of districts and agencies in areas of expenditure monitoring, precise data interpretation and active participation of enforcement agencies have led to this significant spurt in seizures since March 1. The seizure of drugs, liquor, precious metals, freebies, cash influences elections in varying degrees, some flowing directly as inducement while others through reduced levels of circulation of money. This, thereby, adversely impacts linkages of proceeds of illegal activities to political campaigns. Detailed report at Annexure A.

The Commission has laid special emphasis on seizure of Narcotics and Psychotropic substances. Analysis of data found that states/UTs which used to be transit zones are increasingly becoming consumption territories. Chief Election Commissioner, Shri Rajiv Kumar addressing the nodal agencies during one of the review visits had said “Precise intel-based collaborative efforts by agencies against drugs and narcotics is need of the hour to root out the role of dirty money of drug trade in elections and more important and holistically, to save future of youth and thereby, country”. The contribution of seizure of drugs is Rs. 3958 Crores which is 45% of total seizures.
Rs 8889 crores ~ USD $1.1 billion.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=2021056
Phase 5 Facts:

Polling for Phase-5 of the General Elections 2024 will be held on 20th of May, 2024 for 49 Parliamentary Constituencies (General-39; ST-03; SC-07) in 8 States/ UTs. Voting begins at 7AM and ends at 6 PM (Closure of Poll timings may differ PC wise).

35 Assembly Constituencies in Odisha (General-21; ST-08; SC-06;) will also go to polls for seats in the Odisha Legislative Assembly.

Around 9.47 lakh Polling officials will welcome over 8.95 crore voters across 94,732 polling stations
Over 8.95 crore voters include 4.69 crore Male; 4.26 crore Female and 5409 Third gender electors.

There are over 7.81 lakh registered 85+ years old, 24,792 voters above 100 years and 7.03 lakh PwD voters for Phase 5 who have been provided the option to vote from the comfort of their homes. The optional Home Voting facility is already receiving tremendous appreciation and response.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Prem Kumar wrote: 17 May 2024 20:25 Rahul has outlived his usefulness to BJP's victories. He is becoming dangerously deranged & is in scorched earth mode, with strings being pulled from Western & Chinese BIFs

Hope, if Modi 3.0 happens (InshaGanesha), the mafia family & their C-system is eradicated from the root, Chanakya style. Too much is at stake to try & control/finesse that ecosystem
Sometimes I wonder if Rahul Gandhi is a mastermind or a pappu

Even his current slogans "Jitni abadi utna haq" and various government handouts are carbon copy of what Kanshi Ram said. Anyone remember Kanshi Ram's "Jo zameen sarkari hai, woh zameen humari hai" and "Jiski jitni sankhya bhari, uski utni hissedari" ?

Some McKinsey consultants probably analyzed how congress lost UP, stumbled upon Kanshi Ram and made a Powerpoint presentation that the only way BJP can be defeated is by Kanshi Ram methods "Mile Mulayam-Kanshi Ram, Hawa mein ud gaye Jai Shri Ram"

Rahul Gandhi fancies himself as a Kanshi Ram. Except he is inauthentic. He is half italian foreign educated hereditary ruling elite with manicured gardens in Delhi.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

PM Modi NDTV interview: https://youtu.be/G7EPMuoSFGU?si=w8EKn51ngshLLypt

He said many interesting things, but the last question and answer was such that I interrupted the work I'm doing to post. My paraphrase - interviewer said that a lot of youth want to become a leader like Modi. What would you tell them?

The answer was - take your phone and interview the elders in the family. How did they used to live? How was the baaraat accommodated for seven days during a wedding? What was travel like? How did the train engineer handle the heat of the coal fire in the locomotive? gather all their experience, etc., etc. -- basically, become thoroughly familiar with where you have come from. Then you will know what are the next steps.

Second, don't try to become anything -- you will very quickly be disappointed and frustrated. Do things rather try to become something. Slowly the glow of accomplishment will fuel your next steps.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

The absolute hypocrisy

"George Washington warned about foreign nations seeking to influence both the American government and the public, namely through local "tools and dupes".

Foreign Agents Registration Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_A ... ration_Act
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXM7rcvm7P4

Pradhanmantri Kaun Banega: किस्सा-ए-स्वाति मालीवाल...समझिए हार गए केजरीवाल ! | Swati Maliwal

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Anujan wrote: 19 May 2024 22:25 Some McKinsey consultants probably analyzed how congress lost UP, stumbled upon Kanshi Ram and made a Powerpoint presentation that the only way BJP can be defeated is by Kanshi Ram methods "Mile Mulayam-Kanshi Ram, Hawa mein ud gaye Jai Shri Ram"
Oxfam is another possibility. Oxfam is against GST, and for increasing income tax and for introducing a wealth tax in India. Sounds familiar?

Here is an analysis of Oxfam on India:
https://youtu.be/X8MVQtKW2Ik?si=89fXRTgcRWPOnSn1
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I have been looking at the snake Shekar Gupta. He is doing his own snake like campaign

congress gets 60 should worry BJP
why are markets jittery?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote: 18 May 2024 20:27 This kind of thing is simply bad, if it is true.
https://scroll.in/article/1068014/varan ... was-rigged

In Prime Minister Modi’s constituency, poll officials and candidates linked with BJP-RSS are alleged to have impeded others trying to file their nominations.
One of the applicants, Harpreet Singh, said that he specifically asked the election officials to administer him the oath. “I made the request thrice to the returning officer and thrice to the assistant returning officer,” he said. “But they just kept ignoring me.”
“The returning officer had a simple tactic to kill time,” said 55-year-old Paras Nath Keshari of the Rashtriya Samajwadi Jankranti Party, whose affidavit was received on May 8, thanks to an organised group of lawyers and workers. “In the first four days, he spent only four hours in his office every day and took two hours on every candidate. It seems the administration does not want more than 11-12 candidates in Varanasi this year.”
Rajalingam received affidavits from six independent candidates on May 13. A look at the precedents of these independents gives a hint of what Tiwari meant by “their people”.

At least five of the six independents – Vikas Kumar Singh, Neeraj Singh, Sachin Kumar Sonkar, Amit Kumar Singh and Shivam Singh – are BJP functionaries in Varanasi, their social media activity shows.
Does anyone seriously think Modi has to resort to preventing opponents from filing nominations in Varanasi? Is it even believable for anyone who is not a westerner?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote: 19 May 2024 00:19 @disha, the fact is Varanasi has only 8 candidates this time. I leave it to you to compare to the number previously. The number of rejected nominations is also very much factual. There are no anonymous sources in the scroll.in article, everyone is named. I would not classify it as gossip.

If you want to attack anyone who brings up inconvenient things - it is not as though all the BJP members are dharmarajas and incapable of such shenanigans, they probably think that this will bring them to favorable attention of the BJP leadership - well, that is your mistake.

The other problem is of course, that any source that carries this story immediately becomes non-credible.
So, here is the Deccan Herald:
https://www.deccanherald.com/elections/ ... rt-3028389
I read the article you linked. The entire thing is quoted from the 8 candidates. Insinuating that Modi did something shady. Not even a pretense of an effort to find out from the officials what happened, let alone get a reaction from the BJP side.

I rate it not as reportage, but as a crude propaganda article that is intended to fool the naive. I'd even venture to guess that the scroll people (similar to the famous Wire.in Meta "scandal") rigged up some kind of "sting" with the applicants in question, given the timeline-style storytelling.

I am surprised that you are attaching any credibility to such squalid nonsense.

By now, a good rule of thumb when reading such articles from such sources should be to always ask, "what is the lie and how is it being told?" There can be no question of the articles being "true" in the sense that it is a sincere and impartial report of something that we should take note of.

Here is a fun perspective on the whole, “ayyayyo, Mudi is not allowing opponents in Varanasi, whatta satyanash” wailing & breast beating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRlZIm8Y22o
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 20 May 2024 05:58, edited 2 times in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Hriday wrote: 18 May 2024 10:10 One puzzling thing for me is why the anti India forces in India and abroad fail to nurture an anti-BJP party that is low on corruption and into sustainable economic policies ?

They need not practice openly anti Hindu policies so as to prevent Hindu consolidation. Such a party can do long term damage to India through many covert actions by remaining in power.
This is an interesting question.

I think the answer is that any non-Hindutva opposition to the BJP, if it has any blessings of the western power-mongers can only be status quo ante 2014, which comes with corruption, rent-seeking and un-development. IOW the only non-corrupt opposition can be even more kattar-Hindutva than BJP.

This is because it is impossible for the old rulers & their western sponsors to imagine anything else.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote: 20 May 2024 01:31 Oxfam is another possibility. Oxfam is against GST, and for increasing income tax and for introducing a wealth tax in India. Sounds familiar?
Don;t know about Oxfam India, but I do like the lunches they organize here in the US schools to highlight world hunger. DOn't jump on me folks. I am against all and every NGO operating in India creating trouble for democratically elected govt. of India.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

I do think some kind of estate/inheritance tax is a good idea - with copious exemptions similar to USA. All advanced economies have it.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

V_Raman wrote: 20 May 2024 04:35 I do think some kind of estate/inheritance tax is a good idea - with copious exemptions similar to USA. All advanced economies have it.
I think a better idea at election time is to beat the INDI alliance using any available stick.
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

What is *'Project Syndicate"*

Yesterday The Guardian has published a propaganda article against home minister Amit Shah and PM Narendra Modi.

The Guardian is part of the Soros and Bill Gates funded 'Project Syndicate'

*This project is a group of 506 media outlets in 156 countries*

The most important thing is that Soros and Bill Gates funds it. Yes, RBI chief Raghuram Rajan is a contributor to this Soros and Bill Gates-funded Project Syndicate.

One more interesting name I found in the list of speakers in the Project Syndicate Event.

Meet Jayati Ghosh. Professor of JNU It is a matter of concern that people like Jayati Ghosh are still roaming free even after being named for the Delhi riots in the Delhi police chargesheet.

It's a matter of concern that NGOs like the Ford Foundation, Bill Gates, and Rockefeller Foundation are working here without FCRA license, forget about a ban on them for funding people who are associated with riots and planned protests!

It's a matter of concern that Azim Premji University has a partnership with Soros funded and managed NGO, whose president was part of the team who has broken The Bank Of England (Just Like what happened with Adani)!

https://en.rattibha.com/thread/1791852188274450884
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

KLNMurthy wrote: 20 May 2024 03:32 Does anyone seriously think Modi has to resort to preventing opponents from filing nominations in Varanasi? Is it even believable for anyone who is not a westerner?
hence now they're insinuating (some sections of the media) that the roadshow of the PM in Varanasi was an 'organised'/'staged event', implying that the public that gathered was, 'managed'.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Taken together, two "nomination" related articles (Surat and Varanasi) in the western/BIF leaning media start looking like possibly a toolkit operation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... ns-gujarat

Either:

1) this was pre-meditated, i.e. put up a bunch of aira-gaira candidates, and then withdraw them (or let the EC reject them), then make accusations of intimidation.

Or

2) Someone got the idea to go round up disgruntled losers in various constituencies and give them a platform to vent their frustration...and connect these into a fake narrative of systematic rigging.

The Surat case looks a lot more "pre-meditated" than the Varanasi one. The Congi candidate presented a falsified nomination, got rejected, and the 8 other candidates promptly withdrew as well. Either these candidates were put up by INC for vote-cutting (not likely to work given it's Surat where BJP margin is huge) or they were put up for a toolkit operation.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 20 May 2024 06:03, edited 2 times in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

triank wrote: 20 May 2024 05:49
KLNMurthy wrote: 20 May 2024 03:32 Does anyone seriously think Modi has to resort to preventing opponents from filing nominations in Varanasi? Is it even believable for anyone who is not a westerner?
hence now they're insinuating (some sections of the media) that the roadshow of the PM in Varanasi was an 'organised'/'staged event', implying that the public that gathered was, 'managed'.
This is so dumb that normal people wouldn’t know whether to laugh or cry.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

KL Dubey wrote: 20 May 2024 06:00 Taken together, two "nomination" related articles (Surat and Varanasi) in the western/BIF leaning media start looking like possibly a toolkit operation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... ns-gujarat

Either:

1) this was pre-meditated, i.e. put up a bunch of aira-gaira candidates, and then withdraw them (or let the EC reject them), then make accusations of intimidation.

Or

2) Someone got the idea to go round up disgruntled losers in various constituencies and give them a platform to vent their frustration...and connect these into a fake narrative of systematic rigging.

The Surat case looks a lot more "pre-medidated" than the Varanasi one.
If it’s a toolkit, then it’s a dumb-as-bricks sasta maal toolkit, copy-pastaed from “Butin is rigging Russia elexuns by neutralizing opponents” playbook.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

In the wake of the Iranian helicopter crash, I wonder if Indian security apparatus is boosting security procedures for Modi's aircraft.

Speaking of toolkits, I'm surprised western media haven't blamed "ISIS" for the Iranian crash yet.
Last edited by sanman on 20 May 2024 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

^^^Most of the toolkits put up to disturb Modi so far have been pretty much non-starters. This one would be no different.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

^^^ Indians should be on guard for the helicopter crash toolkit.
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/India/en ... ocialshare

british journalist criticizes western media for its anti-india & pessimistic elections-related narratives....video
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Narendra Modi@narendramodi

Deeply saddened and shocked by the tragic demise of Dr. Seyed Ebrahim Raisi, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

His contribution to strengthening India-Iran bilateral relationship will always be remembered.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and the people of Iran.

India stands with Iran in this time of sorrow

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog ... 20weather.

Who are the other officials killed in the helicopter crash?

Several senior Iranian officials were also killed alongside Raisi in the helicopter crash in the Dizmar forest, located between the cities of Varzaqan and Jolfa in East Azerbaijan Province.

The officials include:

Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
East Azerbaijan Governor Malek Rahmati
Representative of the Iranian supreme leader in East Azerbaijan Mohammad Ali Al-e Hashem
Presidential guard Mahdi Mousavi
The helicopter’s pilot, co-pilot and crew were also among others killed on board the chopper.

Raisi and his companions were returning from an event with Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev when the crash happened.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

under the influence underage driver kills two young software engineers with papa's porsche

multi millionaire father

less said about the hizzonners the better, bail for ladla within hours

papa will pay someone to write the essay

जानता है मेरा बाप कौन है ....

"Khata-Khat, Khata-Khat, Khata-Khat"

Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

sanman wrote: 20 May 2024 06:07 ^^^ Indians should be on guard for the helicopter crash toolkit.
Gen Bipin Rawat, a core proponent of Atmanirbhar, died in a helicopter crash on a foggy day
Shri Manohar Parikkar, the man who revived Atmanirbhar, developed cancer and had an untimely death

Were these assassinations? We don't know
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Prem Kumar wrote: 20 May 2024 15:31 Gen Bipin Rawat, a core proponent of Atmanirbhar, died in a helicopter crash on a foggy day
Shri Manohar Parikkar, the man who revived Atmanirbhar, developed cancer and had an untimely death

Were these assassinations? We don't know
You forgot Homi Bhabha (assassinated by you-know-who)
Also a disturbingly high number of Indian rocket and missile scientists have died in mysterious circumstances over the decades.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Does anyone seriously think that everything done by BJP people is first cleared with PM Modi and Amit Shah? :roll: Is it even believable for anyone who is not a blind Modi Bhakti?

Even PM Modi has had something to say about non-performing BJP MPs who count on Modi’s name to get elected.

Similarly BJP karyakartas can and do misbehave. And eventually that may cost the party.

Added: for instance, does anyone seriously think that Anil Masih, BJP member since 2015, cleared his actions with BJP central command?

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/chandig ... rt-5383601

( Poll Officer Who Tampered Chandigarh Ballots Apologises To Supreme Court
The counsel for Anil Masih, the returning officer for the Chandigarh mayoral polls, said an unconditional apology has been submitted.)
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

A_Gupta wrote wrote:So, here is the Deccan Herald
Sir, you find Deccan Herald and neutral news paper? :lol:. They are pro-INC from ages. I mean if they really had the powers they would have annointed Shri. Pappu Ghandi as PM. I read this paper every day and I know their reporting style. I used to subscribe to The Hindu earlier, which was even worse.
Similarly BJP karyakartas can and do misbehave. And eventually that may cost the party.
Audi alterem partem - hear the other party is a critical theory in jurisprudence. Did Deccan Herald check with ECI on why the candidates where rejected? ECI or the State EC officials should have been approached and their clarifications sought. Deccan Herald or others would not try this as this would not fit in with their agenda. As the old Chinese proverb says "A lie would go around the world and come back, before Truth even wears the slippers to start the journey".
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Looks like it is not looking good for Pappuji in Rae Bareli

https://x.com/ramji_78/status/1792542811247849890

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://x.com/narendramodi/status/1792556973809901930
Their words and their promise is for everyone to hear.

They want to deny rights to SC, ST and OBC communities, preferring UNCONSTITUTIONAL Muslim reservation instead.

Modi will not let them trample over Pujya Babasaheb’s Constitution.
RajaRudra
BRFite

Post by RajaRudra »

A_Gupta wrote: 20 May 2024 17:29
Does anyone seriously think that everything done by BJP people is first cleared with PM Modi and Amit Shah? :roll: Is it even believable for anyone who is not a blind Modi Bhakti?

( Poll Officer Who Tampered Chandigarh Ballots Apologises To Supreme Court
The counsel for Anil Masih, the returning officer for the Chandigarh mayoral polls, said an unconditional apology has been submitted.)
Any vomit coming out of Deccan Herold, thePrint, scroll, ndtv are one sided rants / paid articles / propaganda. Its not even worth reading and wasting time in that. Period
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

कांग्रेस पार्टी मुसलमानों को आरक्षण देगी: राहुल गांधी..

कहां गया @saurabhtop जो बोल रहा था कांग्रेस द्वारा मुसलमानों की आरक्षण की बात किया ही नहीं है

Narendra Modi@narendramodi

Their words and their promise is for everyone to hear.

They want to deny rights to SC, ST and OBC communities, preferring UNCONSTITUTIONAL Muslim reservation instead.

Modi will not let them trample over Pujya Babasaheb’s Constitution.

7:34 PM · May 20, 2024 52.2K Views

WATCH VIDEO

The video is about 6:32 minutes long

This video should have come out before the first phase of voting
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

vijayk wrote: 20 May 2024 21:18 Image
I am now convinced that the NDA is sweeping the elections. Expect more of this posts coming out to build a narrative to deny legitimacy to the electoral process in India. The moment the election results are out, you will find a slew of foreign media outlets decrying the death of Democracy in India, and a rising shrillness.

Winning the elections, is not the end. The powers that be are keeping their options open. First you besmirch an opponent, then you use multilateral think tanks to slowly paint them as unreliable, slowly shifting the Overton Window.

Next steps will be unnecessary needling with travel bans, followed by selective sanctions. Depending on how the other chess pieces move in the global arena, the targeting of India will accelerate or decelerate.

Hate to be cynical, but instability in other parts of the world which keep the big powers occupied would be a great help. India needs to escape the Thucydides Trap.