Delhi Blasts news and info

satya
BRFite

Re: Delhi Blasts news and info

Post by satya »

Don't forget Mewat in Haryana either, Ajmer in Rajasthan. Clock is ticking against muslims. Just a matter of time, one of these piglets will bomb Amritsar and all hell will break loose. Gandhi Khandan should not forget their history.
Baljeet

Muslims in Mewat Board of Haryana are well integrated in local economy and many of them live and work in G'gaon & Faridabad cities . Even during Ayodhya riots , there wasnt communal violence although precautionary curfew was in place in whole of Mewat region. Muslims in these areas hold sway in 1 or max. 2 constituencies so communal card isnt played here in local politics at all. Besides they have never forgotten '47 so very much on lines of Maler Kotla muslim population , they will remain peaceful .

Ajamgarh tend to produce anti-social element types but they dont have it in them to blow themselves off . For such types from ajamgarh , crime is way to make money not to get fast ticket to Jannat .
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

fanne wrote:Humm maybe CNN-IBN and NDTV has all the post like chief traitor, vice traitor in chief, traitor operator etc etc already filled in. Aaj Tak it seams had few opening.
As an editor having accepted National Award what do you expect us to do ! Do You think we are traitors!

To the cause.

Now let me go and fly a Su.. Naah, now I will get to fly F-.. I will post it on BR ..
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I don't know if this is a rhetorical question but if you ask me are Rajdeep Sardesai and Prannoy Roy traitors? Let me answer it this way, In China they would have met their 72 long ago, ditto in Russia. In US they would have kissed the electric chair long ago, if they had persisted this long in public reporting. Only eunuchs like us, in a country like India, these kind of things can continue.
thanks,
fanne
Last edited by fanne on 20 Sep 2008 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

harik wrote:
fanne wrote:Humm maybe CNN-IBN and NDTV has all the post like chief traitor, vice traitor in chief, traitor operator etc etc already filled in. Aaj Tak it seams had few opening.
As an editor having accepted National Award what do you expect us to do ! Do You think we are traitors!

To the cause.

Now let me go and fly a Su.. Naah, now I will get to fly F-.. I will post it on BR ..
Is this a sarcastic post or a serious one
harik
BRFite

Post by harik »

Acharya wrote:
harik wrote: As an editor having accepted National Award what do you expect us to do ! Do You think we are traitors!

To the cause.

Is this a sarcastic post or a serious one
Former .
Baljeet
BRFite

Post by Baljeet »

Zin wrote: Didnt she cry rape when she last visited some tribals in india or was this another commie babe?
Zin
who knows what she cried or cries. Even if it happened to her what she claims--who cares. No skin off my nose.
Last edited by Baljeet on 21 Sep 2008 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Zin, That was Anjana Chaterjee, Laskar-e-Toiba's Chief Saeed's 146th wife and currently "professor" at CIIS, San Francisco, USA.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Baljeet wrote:Maybe she has a secret desire to be a muslim, she is the 5th column just like her cousins of West Bengal. Her hideous Begali Accent, she is another one of those arrogant-psuedo intellectuals of India who are brown outside and white inside.
Baljeet, do me a favour and please do not associate her and her 'intellectual' ilk with rest of us Bengalis.

The DP ATS guys are tough as nails...those terrorists who survived are now cursing their unmarried mothers, wishing they had not been born in the first place. They need to take each of those unwashed abduls that we see protesting in Jamia Nagar and squeeze every vestige of truth out of them....they are as guilty as the scum who are dead. And finally they need to parade the half-dead shells of these terrorists in front of our dhimmi media as an example of what happens when you conspire (in words or actions) against your own country.

I dont understand why is the media allowed to take pictures of Shri Sharma's pyre???....do they have no sense of decency or dignity,....is it not enough that this brave man gave his life and left a young son without a father. Sharma took 4 bullets (2 in the abdomen) and still held on for 8 hours....we lose men like these everyday yet our worthless babus live on in blissful peace built with the blood of such bravehearts.
nkumar
BRFite

Post by nkumar »

Indian Mujahideen & CounterCurrents - Potential nexus
The famed 5 e-mails from the Indian Mujahideen have been making all the news as media and public attention have been turned away from an earlier less reported and even less investigated event.

For weeks now Offstumped has been researching in collaboration with others the unexplained 6th email which was sent on the 31st July 2008.

This e-mail was sent from the same email id alarbi_gujarat@yahoo.com that was used to send the Ahmedabad Blasts email however it was by faking the from address using SMTP instead of using the Yahoo web mail account directly.
Now here comes the clincher, this is where the 6th e-mail is important. That e-mail did not originate from yahoo instead it originated from a U.S. based Internet Hosting Company called DreamHost.com.
Received: by tejava.dreamhost.com (Postfix, from userid 1473975) id 7ED4D9865C; Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
So whats the connection here ?
Well countercurrents.org is hosted on DreamHost as well
Looks like well-educated elite Muslims have a lot to explain here.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The oddest thing is Shivraj Patil in the Delhi Police Control Room on a "visit". It seems like he couldn't stop himself of the media opportunity. Do Union Home Minsters' visit local Police Control Rooms on visits? There is something odd about this. I cant put my finger on it yet.

-------------
nkumar what is the implication of that post? When one can spell it out why allude to it as it leads to stray thoughts.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

This is a prize comment at the CounterCurrents site: Article by Asghar Ali Engineer.
Leaders like Bal Thackaray even said that the Hindu youth should become human bomb and get away with it as the government has no moral courage to take any action.
:roll:
nkumar
BRFite

Post by nkumar »

ramana, I am not sure what you mean by stray thoughts. Earlier, I used to think that it is only a fringe elements in educated Muslims who are passive supporters of terrorism. But it is now becoming evident, that these are not fringe elements anymore. A sizeable section of well educated Muslims is now displaying a weird thinking. One just have to go through their comments on various sites/blogs. Out of my 3 Muslim friends, two started displaying weird behavior a couple of years back.

Keeping aside the Madrassas-Maulvi type potential extremists, the educated ones are being misled by the Muslim intellectuals of the type of Shabnam Hasmi, Asgar Ali, Ram Puniyani etc. These intellectuals are sowing the seeds of victimhood in the minds of cigraette smoking, pub going Muslims. Now the problem is, who is keep these 'intellectuals' in check?
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Why Sharma was sans life jacket
Karn Pratap Singh | New Delhi

Inspector MC Sharma, consigned to flames as a martyr on Saturday, fell to his own strategy in the Batla House encounter.

It was not that Sharma forgot to wear the bullet proof armour. He did not wear it as part of strategy and because he did not want the residents and the terrorists of Jamia Nagar to get suspicious of his presence there. Sources said, he had already briefed his team-mates that he will lead the operation without a bullet proof jacket.

Justifying Sharma not being well protected, Joint CP (Special Cell) Karnal Singh said: "I had full confidence in him and his plans. He was no novice. It is better to appreciate his work rather than raise questions on his abilities."

"Wearing a uniform and bullet proof jacket often warns terrorists who get away. Sharma had his own gameplan and went with it," Singh said.

Sharma's colleagues had no answer to why he should have been allowed to have his way on such issues and why wearing protective gear is not mandatory for all cops.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/indexn12.as ... nter_img=3
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

The root causes are not hard to pinpoint. There is an entire generation of young Muslims who have grown in the post-Babri demolition years. Many are educated, have no romantic notions about the nature of the Indian state, and live in a world where information and ideas about radical Islam travels with the click of a mouse. It has also not helped that the disenchantment with traditional political parties has indeed become all-consuming among the minorities and the poor, especially in the large swathe where Naxalite violence continues unabated.

Equally significant perhaps is the fact that the ideological roots of Islamic fundamentalism lie in South Asia. Radical Islam is usually credited to Sayyid Qutb (1906-1966) of Egypt. But he in turn was inspired, among others, by Maulana Maududi (1903-1979), the founder of the Jamaat-e-Islami in Pakistan
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fo ... sid=1&pn=2
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Terrorists breeding most in riot-hit areas
It appears, therefore, that there is some correlation between the areas from where terrorists are arising and the deep sense of siege and fear that follows communal violence. The fact that in most cases of communal riots, the perpetrators have got away scot free even where they have been identified obviously only makes matters worse.

This alienation, when tapped and played upon by fundamentalist forces, may be creating a distorted desire for some kind of revenge. For instance, in Gujarat some of the accused in the Ahmedabad bomb blasts were directly affected by the riots of 2002 where mobs burnt down their houses, schools or college.
Doubts and fear engulf Jamia Nagar
Local politicians and social activists also showed up during the course of the day. Said Iqbal, a general store owner overlooking the lane of Block L, "Parvez Hashmi came yesterday in the evening." Others to join in on Saturday were Shabnam Hashmi, member of national integration council, and Asif Mohd Khan, former councillor, among others.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Legal cell for ‘innocent’ suspects
CITHARA PAUL
New Delhi, Sept. 20: The country’s leading Muslim bodies have jointly formed a legal cell to help “innocent terror suspects”, which will start by defending the two alleged militants arrested after yesterday’s Jamianagar shootout.
The Indian Muslim Co-ordination Committee, a newly formed conglomerate of all major Muslim organisations in the country, will also probe if police had faked the encounter that killed two suspected militants and a decorated officer.

“We have constituted a four-member legal cell of two senior lawyers, a journalist and a social activist to take up the cases of terror suspects since lawyers’ associations have refused to defend them in many instances,” said T.A. Rehmani of the Muslim Political Council of India, a constituent of the committee.

“This leaves the accused with no legal aid even when there is neither any evidence nor a chargesheet. Such things should not happen in the future. Hence the legal cell.”

Other than Zeeshan Ahmad and Mohammed Saif — the two men arrested after yesterday’s shootout, the cell will defend the five persons detained from the southeast Delhi neighbourhood if necessary.

It may also file its own case against Delhi police after investigating the shootout.

“We are not ready to buy the police version about the shootout,” Rehmani said. “Our legal cell will conduct a parallel inquiry and a case will be filed after our legal team finalises its report.”

The co-ordination committee was set up recently to counter the Centre’s “targeting” of Muslims “in the name of the war on terror”. On Thursday, it decided to ask imams across the country to criticise the Centre during the September 26 Friday prayers.
Among the committee’s constituents are the Jamiat Ulema-i-Hind, Jamaat-e-Islami, All India Muslim Majlise Mushawarat, All India Milli Council and the Muslim Political Council of India, who have buried their differences to unite “in the interests of the community”.

The committee also proposes to set up a planning cell and a political cell, as well as a media cell that will monitor the alleged media onslaught on Muslims and Islam, said Mujtaba Farooq, the Jamaat’s political affairs secretary.

On Monday, the committee will make public a charter of demands, which include the dismissal of home minister Shivraj Patil, the Intelligence Bureau chief and the Delhi police commissioner.

The committee also wants a high-level probe into all alleged terror attacks in the country and a ban on Hindutva outfits such as the Bajrang Dal, VHP and the Hindu Vahini.

“If the government fails to meet these demands, a massive agitation will be launched at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar on September 26. We all will court arrest,” Rehmani said.

The committee, which has labelled the UPA government “anti-minority”, is in touch with political leaders who “care for the community”.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080921/j ... 865298.jsp
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

B Ramanauvatch
Thus, twice within five days of the New Delhi blasts, two senior ministers of his cabinet had sought to give an impression as if the Prime Minister's views on counter-terrorism did not count. His authority in matters relating to counter-terrorism against jihadi terrorists has been sought to be marginalised by members of his own cabinet and party as well as by members of the ruling coalition.

Some weeks ago, when there was a similar attempt to weaken the authority of the Prime Minister in matters relating to India's close relations with the US and the concretisation of the agreement with the US for civil nuclear co-operation, the Prime Minister reportedly threatened to resign in protest. This led to his party supporting him in this matter. One would have expected the Prime Minister to similarly threaten to quit if his authority in matters relating to counter-terrorism is not respected and upheld by his colleagues in the government and party.
He has chosen not to do so even though the subject of protecting the lives and property of the citizens of this country is a much more important issue than the question of the nuclear agreement with the US.
Dasmunshi did not stop with debunking his own Prime Minister and others who spoke of the need for additional laws to deal with jihadi terrorism. He even ridiculed the concerns of the public over the recurring jihadi terrorist strikes across the country. The same issue of <i>The Hindu</i> has quoted him as saying : "Can anyone predict a terrorist strike? No government can prevent it." So, to go by his words, the innocent civilians of this country have no other option but to keep dying at the hands of the jihadi terrorists.

The events of the past few days have further indicated--if further indication was necessary--as to who lays down the counter-terrorism policy of this country against jihadi terrorism.

Sonia Gandhi? No.

The Prime Minister of India? No.

The Home Minister of India? No.

The intelligence chiefs? No.

The police chiefs? No.

It is laid down by some of the leaders of the Muslim community themselves. They indicate the dos and don'ts and the government does not have the courage to go against them.
There is a systematic attempt by some of the leaders of the Muslim community to ridicule the results of the police investigation into the activities of the IM. The police are accused of fabricating evidence and of targeting innocent Muslim youth in order to discredit Islam and the Muslim community. Everytime a suspected jihadi terrorist is sought to be arrested by the police, these leaders and some of the members of the community rally to his support. They either try to prevent him from being arrested or if the police manage to arrest, to frustrate his interrogation by making allegations of targeting the Muslim community in order to discredit it.

In recent months, the Tamil Nadu police have arrested dozens of Tamil citizens of India on suspicion of their links with the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE). Do the Tamils allege that their community is being targeted? No.Many Nagas used to be arrested in Nagaland because of their alleged links with Naga insurgent organisations? Did the Naga leaders allege that their community was being targeted? No. Many Hindus in Assam are arrested on suspicion of their links with the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA). Do the leaders of the local Hindu community allege that the Hindus are being targeted? No.

But the moment the Police arrests a Muslim for any reason--for being a mafia leader, a narcotics smuggler, a counterfeiter or a jihadi terrorist--large sections of the Muslim community rise in his or her defence and try to discredit the police by accusing it of targeting the community by fabricating evidence. No leader of the Congress (I) or other parties of the ruling coalition has the courage to tell these Muslim leaders that the law has to take its own course against any wrong-doer whatever be his or her religion or ethnicity or language and that the police should do whatever they have to in order to protect the lives and property of the citizens of this country. These leaders of the Muslim community are seeking to create an impression that a Muslim can do no wrong and that all the wrongs are committed by non-Muslims.
The comprehensive UN Security Council Resolution No.1373 passed unanimously after the 9/11 terrorist strikes in the US, inter alia, called upon the member-countries of the UN to take necessary legal measures to further empower the police. India is one of the few countries in the world not to have implemented the resolution in toto due to fear of adverse reactions from its Muslim community.
The Azamgarh District of Uttar Pradesh is not located in a remote area of the country where the police cannot reach. It is in the heart of India. It was previously the Sicily of India from which many of the Muslim mafia leaders, narcotics smugglers and other criminals emerged. It is now becoming the breeding ground of India's home-grown jihadi terrorism. Many of those arrested in connection with the investigations into the activities of the IM have had an Azamgarh connection. Azamgarh is slowly emerging as India's South Waziristan, a new radiating point of jihadi terrorism. The police is not given a free hand to put an end to this spawning ground. The predominantly Muslim areas of this district are becoming no-go areas for the police--not because the police do not have the capability to neutralise the emerging jihadi breeding grounds, but because the political leadership will not allow them to use that capability for fear of displeasing the Muslims.

Pleasing the Muslims at any price--by closing our eyes to the depredations of the jihadi terrorists in our midst--in order to retain their support during the election has become an important driving force of the electoral strategy of the ruling coalition. If hundreds of innocent civilians have to die as a result, so be it. Keeping the Muslims happy is more important than protecting the lives and property of the citizens of this country.
Another disturbing trend has not received the attention it deserved. Many members of the cabinet of Manmohan Singh and many leaders of the ruling coalition are reportedly unhappy with the intelligence agencies and the police for speaking of home-grown jihadi terrorism. They are also reportedly unhappy with the Prime Minister himself for drawing attention to this in his address to the governors' conference. They want that the focus should continue to be on Pakistan and the terrorists sponsored by Pakistan and that one should not highlight the role of the Indian Muslims in the global jihad. They are worried that the talk of home-grown jihadi terrorism might increase pressure on the government to step up the monitoring of developments in the Indian Muslim community and identify and neutralise the Indian Muslims taking to jihadi terrorism.
On September 19, 2008, Mohan Chand Sharma, a legendary and brave Inspector of the Delhi Police, succumbed to bullet injuries after he was shot thrice by a group of jihadi terrorists from Azamgarh, who were operating from a hide-out in a Muslim area in the heart of New Delhi. Sharma, with a small team of his officers, had gone to the hide-out to arrest a group of five jihadi terrorists, believed responsible for the recent serial blasts. The cynical reaction of the so-called secular class as a whole to this despicable action of the jihadis has shocked the country. The so-called secular political class has vied with one another in praising this brave officer and in announcing financial assistance for the members of his family. But, not one of them has condemned the Indian jihadis for their despicable crime and called for action to root out jihadi terrorism in our midst.

Fortunately, we are a democratic country. At the time of voting, every voter should have before his or her eyes the pictures of the death and destruction being caused right across the country by the jihadis and the faces of Sharma and other similar brave officers of the security forces, who have sacrificed their lives in the fight against jihadi terrorists despite the lack of support from the so-called secular political class.

Every vote in the forthcoming elections should be a vote against jihadi terrorism and against the political leaders who are not prepared to act against the jihadi terrorists.Let there be an anti-jihadi tsunami against all of them.

Thus far and no further--that is the message that should go across to the jihadi terrorists and their political backers and secular apologists.

http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fo ... sid=1&pn=3
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

wow so much for innocent suspects whose mates killed a delhi police officer. After that how can they be called innocent even if for argument sake one was to accept that they are not guilty of blasts in delhi and elsewhere.

And tomm. when court gives its verdict that these people are indeed guilty then what will they do ? Feed more victim mentality in the mindset of their growing generation and coming ones that not only netas, police, army but even judiciary is against the community welfare. Deluded by these teachings these kids will be so vulnerable to being exploited by ISI backed groups like HuJI or LeT. And then there will be more terror attacks. Following those attacks there will be more Delhi type encounters and following which there will be more committees that will sit to protect the perpetrators. When they will loose the case they will go and further add on to victim mentality of the coming generations. And the vicious cycle will continue ...

Is their an end to this ? We have 150 million muslims in this country. The cycle will be dangerous to prosperity of this nation.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Sumeet wrote: Is their an end to this ? We have 150 million muslims in this country. The cycle will be dangerous to prosperity of this nation.
Bharat suffers through a flawed democracy and one hopes that with time it gets better but it will not be anytime soon. Hopefully our future generations will be able to enjoy a more proper democracy.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

archan wrote:
Sumeet wrote: Is their an end to this ? We have 150 million muslims in this country. The cycle will be dangerous to prosperity of this nation.
Bharat suffers through a flawed democracy and one hopes that with time it gets better but it will not be anytime soon. Hopefully our future generations will be able to enjoy a more proper democracy.
Archan - we have to make that democracy arrive by doing some work and actively calling a spade a spade.

for too long the Muslims of India have been left alone in their litlle dar ul Islams to live in an illiterate baby producing underdeveloped state. And now they see prosperity around and they want their same old backward Islam to rule as well as prosperity brought by science and technology.

Any attempt to talk about dark hole of wailing and grievances and illiteracy that Indian Muslims are in is countered by a deft criticism of there Indian - "You are casteist/communalist - look at the dalits blah blah blah" For Muslims everything is a problem except Islam.

And because they fight and kill for Islam nobody wants to touch Islam - least of all our idiotic secular politicians who only want votes.

There is a serious "Catch 22" situation we face. Muslims of India such as the Azamgarh types cannot be pulled out of their rut without watering down Islam. But all they want is to live in that rut because of Islam. Islam is a failure as a political system and cannot rule more than a few tens of millions of people before Islams starts killing fellow Muslims. But Muslims themselves are indoctrinated to believe that anyone who points out a defect in Islam is an enemy. It is a mental disease of sorts that must be overcome.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

shiv wrote: There is a serious "Catch 22" situation we face. Muslims of India such as the Azamgarh types cannot be pulled out of their rut without watering down Islam. But all they want is to live in that rut because of Islam. Islam is a failure as a political system and cannot rule more than a few tens of millions of people before Islams starts killing fellow Muslims. But Muslims themselves are indoctrinated to believe that anyone who points out a defect in Islam is an enemy. It is a mental disease of sorts that must be overcome.
Shiv check my reply to this portion of your post in Indic reactions to Islamic Extremism thread.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

translating a report from bangla daily bartaman(2nd in circulation of bangla newspapers)

21st Sep
Kolkata

18 days before the delhi blasts on 25th August 4 SIMI leaders held a meeting with US consulate official Douglas Kelly in the consulate premises for more than an hour.
All four had been members of SIMI before it was banned, after which they joined various NGO's.
The team included one doctor sahib who has worked as an advisor to SIMI in the past and another from behrampore in murshidabad.
Incidentally, the public affairs department of the US consulate which is headed by kelly has maintained contacts with numerous muslim organizations. Kelly had in fact went to murshidabad recently, investigators say, where he held meetings with local leaders in order to fund a weekly magazine. He also has contacts with a number of big businessmen from the district.
State MHA has refused to give a official confirmation but has added that investigators has been asked to carry out a thorough investigation, so that police can take effective measures if need be.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Growth of Modern Militant Islam

Post by SSridhar »

gandharva wrote: Equally significant perhaps is the fact that the ideological roots of Islamic fundamentalism lie in South Asia.
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fo ... sid=1&pn=2
As I had posted earlier in another thread, the credit for the extreme radicalization goes back to Baqibillah (16th century), then to Sirhindi (17th century), followed by Sheikh Waliullah (18th century), Sayid Ahmed (19th century). Abu-ala-al-Mawdudi (20th century). Thus, every century has seen extreme fundamentalist preachers who held sway and ensured that the "hatf" was held aloft.

We need to understand history to appreciate the growth of this terrorism. It goes back to the 13th century in India when the Sufis (of the Qadriyah, Naqshbandi & Chishti) sects began to win over Hindus through their espousal of Islam which had close resemblance to Hindu belief systems at a theological level. The sufis thrived for three centuries in India. However, the Mughal rulers during this period continued to discriminate the Hindus. Later, Emperor Akbar, in the 16th century, made startling changes to this thesis and even attempted to create his own religion, Deen Ilahi. Even before that, he had begun to treat the Hindus as equals and announced himself as a mujtahid (a practitioner of ijtihad or creative interpretation of Koran). This incensed the ulema no ends, even of the sufi Naqshbandi variety.

The first to revolt against this was Sheikh Baqibillah, a Naqshbandi alim in Akbar's court. However, it was his disciple, Sheikh Sirhindi in Jehangir's court, who really took it a higher plane. He was referred to as Mujaddid-Alf-e-Thani (Reformer of the Second Islamic Millennium). In fact, he set about to reform the Naqshbandi sufi order itself. By all reckoning, his extreme thoughts were the first openly advocated reasons by 'High Church' for the eventual creation of Pakistan. Then came Shah Waliullah, again from the Naqshbandi sufi order, from the 18th century Delhi courts of a rapidly declining Mughal empire after Aurangzeb's barbarity. Educated in Makkah and Madinah, his recipe for arresting the decline was, as usual, a more rigorous dose of Islam. He was for more intensification of Aurangazeb's intolerance. Unfortunately for him, the decline of the Mughal empire continued, aided by the growing attack by the unholy alliance of the Hindus, Sikhs and the British. Into this picture came Sayid Ahmed (aka Berelvi) from Rai Bareilly. He was a disciple of Shah Waliullah's disciple. He was the one to actually declare 'jihad' in modern Islam to fight these evil forces. He was killed in Balakot in NWFP. That place is a place of pilgrimage and terror training camps by all Ahl-e-Hadith terror organizations in Pakistan such as LeT, JeM etc.
Radical Islam is usually credited to Sayyid Qutb (1906-1966) of Egypt. But he in turn was inspired, among others, by Maulana Maududi (1903-1979), the founder of the Jamaat-e-Islami in Pakistan
As posted above, Maulana Mawdudi came much later. Of course, Sayyid Qutb influnced whole generation of people. Again, as in the case of Indian muslims, the foundation was laid long before that. That belongs to Jamaluddin Afghani, who as the name implies, came from Afghan. He was influenced by the anti-British feeling among the Muslims after the 1857 War of Independence. This was translated by him into organizing resistance against the British/French in Egypt later on. Afghani travelled all over the region and organized resistance against the British and other Europeans. One of his Egyptian disciples was Abdu whose disciple was Mohammed Rida. Rida followed militant salfism. Hassan Al-Banna was influenced by Rida and founded Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt in 1928. Sayyid Qutb joined the Muslim Brotherhood in the 50s.

But, beyond all these, the religion of Islam has material within its Holy textbook that allows people to follow such extremist and abhorrent thoughts. That's what we should recognize.
Zin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Zin »

Baljeet wrote:
Zin wrote:Didnt she cry rape when she last visited some tribals in india or was this another commie babe?
Zin
who knows what she cried or cries. Even if it happened to her what she claims--who cares. No skin off my nose.
Well birather these lies when published in international magazines affect the local population who have no other sources of info to verify these claims.
After 9/11 the first person to be killed in a race attack in US was a sikh not a muslim. Why?
The reason was local population there cant differentiate between a sikh and a muslim.
And were did this ignorance about the sikhs being muslims come from?
Muslims to get more converts go about claiming that sikh religion is a sect of islam like shias and today sikhs have forgotten their islamic roots.
Even hindus are being targetted for such conversions. Check the internet and it filled with claims that Narashima avtar of Vishnu is mohammed and hindus are actually muslims.

Ignorance of others can be lethal to us, so cant ignore these lying commie babes likes Somini Sengupta or Anjana Chaterjee.
Rye wrote:Zin, That was Anjana Chaterjee, Laskar-e-Toiba's Chief Saeed's 146th wife and currently "professor" at CIIS, San Francisco, USA.
AoA, rye mullah thanks for that info.
Zin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Zin »

nkumar wrote:Keeping aside the Madrassas-Maulvi type potential extremists, the educated ones are being misled by the Muslim intellectuals of the type of Shabnam Hasmi, Asgar Ali, Ram Puniyani etc. These intellectuals are sowing the seeds of victimhood in the minds of cigraette smoking, pub going Muslims. Now the problem is, who is keep these 'intellectuals' in check?
Those 3 you mentioned are not intellectuals but peculiar type of people who see that india is too big a country to fight jehad against and therefore has to be subverted internally by starting thousand mutinies.

Shabnam Hasmi - Indian agencies killed the sikhs in j&k during bill clinton visit to india. This is her statement on ndtv english channel. She did not retract this even when others pointed out it was a lie and as usual the anchor too did not press her to prove it.
Asgar Ali - According to him there is no such thing as Hinduism, it is all brahminism and these mythical brahmins oppress dalits, tribals, christians and finally brahmins oppress muslims too.
Ram Puniyani - This is a new "intellectual" for me, never heard about his theories. Enligthment from other members on this is welcomed.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

The BJP has demanded an Ashok Chakra for late Inspector Sharma.

Personally, Im beginning to feel that in gallantry awards, it isnt gallantry which matters, but whether or not the media was watching when you get killed. Im all for his bravery to be recognised, but there should be a cool assessment of the situation by the persons involved, and a reccomendation should be made on that basis. Gallantry awards must never become politicised!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

They need to take each of those unwashed abduls that we see protesting in Jamia Nagar and squeeze every vestige of truth out of them....they are as guilty as the scum who are dead. And finally they need to parade the half-dead shells of these terrorists in front of our dhimmi media as an example of what happens when you conspire (in words or actions) against your own country.
Are we underestimating the DP here?
Surely, they would have noticed the vermin crawling out during the "alleged encounter"(something tells me RSS was behind it) to protest tagetting a mosque and the cheerleaders would have been marked out and will suddenly be kidnapped one fine day by brawny people in unmarked vehicles to squeeze the juice out them once the spotlight fades from Jamia nagar? Im hoping for this since im certain that the DP have been given free rein to do anything to enhance the falling stature(rightfully) of the Kangressis...
nkumar
BRFite

Post by nkumar »

Zin, in the current political discourse, the word intellectual is as abused as secular, so I did not put it in quotes! I didn't mean them to be intellectuals but a vast majority of current generation see them on TV debates and consider them to be flag bearers of Muslim intellectualism.

Ram Puniyani is favorite intellectual of Muslim bloggers. Offstumped has some info on him.
link
Now some background on Useful Idiot-in Chief Ram Puniyani. Since yours truly is an almnus of IIT Mumbai I have had first hand experience of Ram Puniyani’s Left wing Acitivism and Political Correctness during the 1990s which he pursues with Taliban like Fanaticism. This is the same guy who amongst others ensured that IIT Mumbai disrobed Swami Vivekananda from Saffron to Blue for fear of hurting Muslim sentiments. This is also the same guy who amongst others pressured the IIT Mumbai Administration from denying permission to Chandraprakash Dwivedi of Chanakya from speaking on Campus on grounds that it would vitiate the atmosphere.
Zin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Zin »

nkumar thanks for the info on Puniyani.
These 3 people are nothing when compared to zakir naik and his peace tv.
This channel is beamed to millions of homes and hate that is preached against other religions cant be described in words.
Strange that such channels which preach violence dont attract bans from dasmunshi.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Fake encounters. Fake tears?

Islam is a religion of peace. Are our secular minsters human? Please post these pics where necessary

Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I am no security expert, but whoever is following events closely cn find many holes in the report. Either the report is wrong or intentionally misleading or the govt agencies have been fooled by this nagori guy.
thanks,
fanne
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

shiv: It is extremely UNFAIR that you post these tear-jerking pictures of Hindoo wimmens and do not post pictures of weeping MUSLIM women after the young Saif has been arrested with Noooo provocation or reason for suspicion by Indian Army, and the gentle Bashir hass been killed with equally no reason. Of course if you post such pictures I will have to ask that a fatwa be put on you.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

'No Congressman is opposed to hanging Afzal' Digvijay

Well, well... could it be? I mean, could it really be? That popular will in democracy is finally beginning to count on the law-and-terror front? That the much maligned checks-&-balances of democracy are kicking in? That electoral costs of alienating the majority of peaceful citizenry in India are finally tangible enough even for the Congress to reposition itself?

I know, if wishes were horses..... The more you read into the article, the more ofd a sham and stop-gap fool-all arrangement this newfound 'tough talk on terror' seems to be.... Sample this difference between what the headline implies and what the fine print below says:
“Which Congressman ever defended Afzal Guru? It is his Constitutional right to appeal. His mercy petition is pending. There are bureaucratic and legal processes involved. No Congressman is opposed to the hanging of Afzal Guru,” AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh told The Sunday Express today.
He's being very miserly with reality there. The legal and bureucratic delays are in reality political onlee since it remians foremost a political decision that the MHA has *not* forwarded the mercy petition to the president for approval (APJ Abdul kalam indicated as much after he left rashtrapati bhavan) whereas the GoI is currently actively engaged in projecting the delay as happening over at the RP bhavan end of things.

Again, JMTs and all that onlee.
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Swapan Dasgupta in a sharp pioneer op-ed.
India faces a serious threat that cannot be handled with the same casualness that was evident in the Arushi murder case. With growing evidence that the SIMI is still active and has a measure of vocal support in Muslim ghettos, it has become necessary to add a social and political dimension to counter-terrorism. If the community support that manifested itself in Jamia Nagar last Friday afternoon persists, the danger of stealth bombers being replaced by a supply of suicide bombers becomes very real.

These are issues that the Muslim community and its leadership can no longer run away from. If younger sons of small-time Samajwadi Party politicians have ended up as bomb planters, it implies that the Muslim elders are losing their grip on the younger hotheads in the community. If madarsa teachers like the notorious Abu Basher and small-time maulvis like Waliullah Qazmi (convicted of the Varanasi blasts) end up as the new mujahideen, it obviously means that there is something about Deoband's anti-terrorism pledges that has escaped the eye. Banking on Mulayam Singh Yadav, Amar Singh, Lalu Yadav and Ram Vilas Paswan to defend the indefensible will work up to a point but will become useless if an alternative common sense takes over the Indian mind.

If Muslim community leaders are serious about their proclamation that Islam is a religion of peace, they will have to walk the talk. India still awaits the unambiguous theological denunciation of not merely terrorism but specific terrorist groups like SIMI, HUJI, JEM and IM and specific terrorists such as the convicted Varanasi bomber and the man on death row who conspired to attack the Indian Parliament. Anything else is tantamount to short-changing India.

Link
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

sum wrote: Are we underestimating the DP here?
Surely, they would have noticed the vermin crawling out during the "alleged encounter"(something tells me RSS was behind it) to protest tagetting a mosque and the cheerleaders would have been marked out and will suddenly be kidnapped one fine day by brawny people in unmarked vehicles to squeeze the juice out them once the spotlight fades from Jamia nagar? Im hoping for this since im certain that the DP have been given free rein to do anything to enhance the falling stature(rightfully) of the Kangressis...
I am not underestimating DP....their toughness is something worst nightmares are made of. However, I am definitely doubtful about the ba*** of our govt who are their bosses and only care about their vote bank.
G Subramaniam
BRFite

Post by G Subramaniam »

Raja Bose wrote:
sum wrote: Are we underestimating the DP here?
I am not underestimating DP....their toughness is something worst nightmares are made of. However, I am definitely doubtful about the ba*** of our govt who are their bosses and only care about their vote bank.

Most of the delhi police consists of Jats
who even out of uniform have no hesitation for a rumble
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Indian Mujahideen, SIMI have 'purist link'
Shah Ismail was a grandson of Waliullah and despite his lack of success, Waliullah's followers were active in 1857 and two of them, Maulana Qasim Nanatawi and Rashid Gangohi, are seen to be founders of the Dar-ul-uloom at Deoband. The objectives behind the Deoband school were underlined by Maulana Mahmood Hasan (1850-1920) who studied there and he wrote, "Was it founded just for education? Its main function was to avenge the defeat of 1857."
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Terrorists planned to plant 20 bombs in Delhi: Cops
New Delhi: With the arrest of three more terror suspects of the Indian Mujahideen who are allegedly involved in the serial blasts in Delhi, the police on Sunday claimed that the terror module was planning to explode at least 20 bombs in several places in the Capital, including Nehru Place.

The IM terror suspects were planning to strike in some of biggest business hubs in Delhi, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) HGS Dhaliwal said.

Zia-ur-Rehman, Shakir Nishar and Mohammad Shakeel were arrested early on Sunday morning from Jamia Nagar, the locality where two alleged terrorists, including the 'main suspect' Atif were killed in a gunbattle with police on Friday.

The police also arrested Abdul Rehman, the caretaker of Batla House where the terror suspects were residing. Rehman, the father of the arrested Zia, had allegedly forged the signature of the owner of the house. The encounter had taken place in that house.

During the interrogation of Mohammed Saif and Zeeshan who were arrested on Friday, the police claimed that they told investigators that Shakeel had planted the bomb in Gaffar market in Karol Bagh.

Dhaliwal said Zia and Shakeel planted bombs in the Maninagar area in the heart of Ahmedabad during the July 26 serial blasts.

The Delhi police had on Saturday claimed that they have uncovered the conspiracy behind the attacks in the Capital and in Jaipur and Ahmedabad.

The police said they were carried out by terrorists of Indian Mujahideen and the Students Islamic Movement of India in league with the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba.

Dhaliwal said Shakeel was a student of Jamia University where he was pursuing second year MA (Economics), while Zia was a student of third year BA in the same institution.

Nishar was doing an MBA course through distant education mode from Sikkim Manipal University.

Zia provided logistics support to the group while Shakeel was a ideologue who indoctrinated the other members and kept a watch on them in the absence of Atif.

"The terrorists planted bombs in the evening to cause maximum casualty," he said. They wrapped the bombs in two polythene covers and was asked by mastermind Atif to put garbage in the polythene bags so that no body suspected them, he said.

The arrested terror suspects had at least four years of association with Atif, who usually told them to do just what they are assigned to do and not ask questions about future plans, Dhaliwal said.

"The module used to get restless when blasts were not happening and Atif used to tell the members that there is a drought in the newspapers and that they have to do something," he said.

Dhaliwal said the "general feeling" of the module was that "something should be happening continuously" and there "should not be any vacuum" in their activities.

The module used to immediately gather at their hideout after planting the bombs and were glued to news channels.

"They even used to mock at each other and would compare the casualty of the blasts in localities where each of them planted bombs," Dhaliwal said
Last edited by Sumeet on 22 Sep 2008 04:42, edited 1 time in total.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

IM terrorists were desperate to carry out strikes Delhi
The Indian Mujahideen terrorists, who carried out blasts in Delhi and other cities, were so desperate that they wanted "continuous" strikes of terror and would get "restless" if this was not happening.

The members of the group would even compare with each other the "success" they had achieved in causing maximum casualty while carrying out the blasts.

This is what Delhi Police claim after interrogating five activists of the 13-member module and analysing their laptop and other documents.

"The module used to get restless when blasts were not happening and Atif (the main man in Indian Mujahideen) used to tell the members that there is a drought in newspapers and we have to do something," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said on the basis of interrogation of three terrorists arrested past midnight.

Each member would be deputed to a separate place to plant bombs and after carrying out the blasts all would return to the hideout and watch news channels to see the impact of their action, he said.

"They used to flip channels to see and compare whose bombs caused how much casualty. Those, whose bombs caused lesser casualty, would be teased by others," Dhaliwal said.

The 24-year-old Atif, who was inspired by the philosophy of Al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden, had meticulously planned these explosions to the minutest details like how the bombs would be placed, what clothes the bombers would wear and whether or not they would be clean shaven, he said.

"Their main aim was to target crowded places so that the blasts could result in large casualty...Their general feeling was that something should happen continuously and there should not be any vaccum in their activities," Dhaliwal said.

They used to wrap the bombs in grey polythene bags and cover these with garbage like banana skin while placing in the dustbins to avoid detection, he said.

The arrested militants had at least four years of association with Atif, who usually tells them "to do just what they are assigned to do and not ask questions about future plans".

A laptop, believed to belong to Atif, also had photographs of Tauqir and video clips of the Ahmadabad blasts, which were sent in emails shot off to various media organisations. "Interestingly, there were some photographs of Mohd Saif with a punchline 'the most wanted'," Joint Commissioner of Police (Speical Cell) Karnal Singh said.