Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

vdutta
BRFite

Re: Terror Attacks on Mumbai-II

Post by vdutta »

SaiK wrote:
Look the shoe markings.. must be the same pig, or pigs have bought similar shoe brands.
you are right. looks like the same pig. when i saw the shoes the first time i was wondering what kind of brand is it. we dont get those in india.
Praveen
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Praveen »

shiv wrote:
Muppalla wrote: Are u sure?
Hasn't happened until 15 seconds ago
Not fire but NDTV showed smoke coming out of a window.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I am f%^&*$ing sick of this mantra that this was done to 'poison relations between India and TSP'. This sophistry is peddled with impunity and nobody challenges this with the fact this was carried precisely by the state apparatus of TSP, the army and ISI.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

vdutta wrote:
SaiK wrote:
Look the shoe markings.. must be the same pig, or pigs have bought similar shoe brands.
you are right. looks like the same pig. when i saw the shoes the first time i was wondering what kind of brand is it. we dont get those in india.
Yeah I was googling for the shoe brand , but no luck yet.
shynee
BRFite

Post by shynee »

What brand of shoes are they ? Can't seem to find on google. Just curious of the origin.
SaiK wrote: Look the shoe markings.. must be the same pig, or pigs have bought similar shoe brands.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Stupid DDM:

DDM Q: Are there any terrorists in Nariman house?
Brigadier (some name): Offcource, why there will be an operation if there are no terrorists. He laughs eventhough he is serious.

This is the state of our electronic media.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

also read.. something like "KIDS ...." just below the S.STONE".. sounds like this pig's feet is pigmy one, and went bought a kids shoe.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Good - I have recorded this footage
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

TimesNow reports that 2 to 3 terrorists as well as some guests are still within the Taj. It also reports fresh fire at the hotel.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Link
Lashkar tested sea route to Mumbai in 2007 dry run

Praveen Swami

The 8 Lashkar fidayeen were all Pakistani nationals

They had been told to travel north from Mumbai to J&K

MUMBAI: Lashkar-e-Taiba commanders had used a commercial fishing boat to send a fidayeen squad to Mumbai in 2007. Investigators now believe it was a dress rehearsal for the latest terror attacks.

Eight Lashkar fidayeen, all Pakistani nationals, were sent across the seas from Karachi on the morning of March 3. The men arrived in Mumbai late that night, and hid in a safe house near the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre. It was organised by a local Lashkar sympathiser.

Unlike the suspected Lashkar fidayeen unit that staged the attacks, the eight-man squad had instructions to travel north from Mumbai to Jammu and Kashmir.

However, Maharashtra Police investigators believe that Lashkar commanders carried out the operation to test the reliability of the Karachi-Mumbai sea route.
Muzaffarabad to Mumbai

Jammu and Kashmir Police investigators say the eight men travelled by road from Bait-ul-Mujahideen, the Lashkar’s operational headquarters in Muzaffarabad, to Rawalpindi before heading south to Karachi by train.

Travelling in groups of two, they had strict instructions to board separate compartments on the Rawalpindi-Karachi journey, and to avoid conversations with each other and other passengers. In Karachi, they were made to wait in a room on the outskirts of the city for almost a week.

They were finally told that the time had come for them to begin their journey to Mumbai.
Tracked till arrest

Four days out to sea, the commercial fishing boat in which they were travelling was stopped by an Indian Coast Guard vessel.

The boat was allowed to go after its captain paid a bribe. But unknown to them, the “corrupt” Coast Guard officials had used the opportunity to plant a tracking device on the boat. The device later enabled Indian intelligence personnel, who had learned of the Lashkar operation from informants, to track them until the time of their arrest in Jammu.
Fidayeen composition

Interrogation records of Lashkar operatives Jamil Ahmad Awan and Abdul Majid Araiyan, both of whom are being tried for their alleged role in the abortive operation, show how Awan told his interrogators he had joined the Lashkar in November 2005, after hearing incendiary speeches at a mosque in Abbotabad on alleged Indian atrocities in Jammu and Kashmir. The oldest of five children, Awan was working as a wage labourer. He had dropped out of school in Class X two years earlier, after his family found it could no longer pay for his education.

Like Awan, Araiyan was drawn to the Lashkar because it appeared to offer an escape from the tedium of everyday life. A resident of Nawab Shah district in Pakistan’s Sindh province, Araiyan was the youngest of his 90-year-old father’s eight children. In the estimation of his family, the 1987-born Araiyan was the least successful among the children. Despite his family’s hopes, Araiyan proved an academic failure, and dropped out of school in Class IV.

In 2000, Araiyan was persuaded to take up religious classes at a local madrassa: his parents feared he would fall a victim to bad habits.

But after hearing fiery anti-Indian speeches delivered by Lashkar-linked clerics at congregations in rural Punjab, he signed up for military training.

In late 2003, months after President Pervez Musharraf’s government proscribed the Lashkar, Araiyan received a 40-day Daura Khas advanced course in guerrilla warfare techniques. This was at the Lashkar’s sprawling Umm al-Qura camp, which draws its name from an Arabic term sometimes used to denote the city of Mecca. Awan also trained at Umm al-Qura in 2005-2006.
Kudos to the action in the bolded part by our agencies...
Sad that we couldn't thwart it the second time around...The agencies have worked very hard(and somewhat efficiently) under the given political constraints and do not deserve the scorn which will be heaped on them in coming days.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Maroouf is great to listen to on Times Now. The way he glowingly described NSG was simply superb. It would instill some fear into the opponents. He spoke very well of MARCOS. Now he is talking about how the terrorist would be scared now. The drug that they would have taken would start to wear out. He is saying the operation will be done soon - max midday. He says the terrorists should better surrender. He listed the items NSG personnel carry, and he said an NSG person can comfortably take these 8-9 terrorists. He says it is better for them to surrender. It was nice to hear somebody that knew their stuff.
bharatiya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bharatiya »

Question for gurus: Any idea why there was a wait till daybreak for the heli-ops to start? I would have thought it would be better to get it done in night time(assuming NSG have NVG goggles), especially as power was cut from nariman house
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

George et al:

THREE COLUMNS OF INFANTRY LEAVE FOR MUMBAI

Pune 27 Nov 2008

Three Columns of Infantry from the Southern Command region have left for Mumbai early this morning to help mitigate the ghastly terror strike at the Tajmahal ,Oberoi Hotels and other places in Mumbai. These three columns roughly consist of more than 200 jawans. A few JCOs and officers are also accompanying the team. Out of these three two columns are from 18 Sikh Regiment at Ghorpadi while one column is from 17 Rajputana Rifles. Along with these two Bomb Disposal teams from Kirkee Bomb Disposal Company and one Mine Detection Team from Bombay Engineer Group(BEG) have also left for the operations early this morning.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

given the congested nature of locality, maybe a night op provides some opportunity for a
sly pig to crawl out and escape. the local people should be issued sharp stakes to stick any
pigs who come out (if any).
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Commandos on all surrounding buildings now.
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

bharatiya wrote:Question for gurus: Any idea why there was a wait till daybreak for the heli-ops to start? I would have thought it would be better to get it done in night time(assuming NSG have NVG goggles), especially as power was cut from nariman house
apart from reasons quoted above. this is the time they would be most sleepy as they would have been awake in the night anticipating the attack..
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

The drug that they would have taken would start to wear out.
The might have brought more drugs as reserve, especially if they are planning for a long drawn out operation as indicated by 100Kg Chicken in Nariman house and a lot of almonds in case of the hotel operations.

However, the terrorists should be physically and mentally tired as they don't have replacements unlike the police and commando force. Besides the sleep deprivation should takes its toll as well...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Hindu chants should be played on mikes to taunt them. let them know the loving arms of
Yama and his cohort await them rather than the 72 boys they were promised.

as they are "not muslim" being terrorists and their religion is unknown, we will properly
cremate them on TV per hindu customs.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Sorry to digress, but doesn't this put critical installations like Bombay High on the vulnerable list ?

I hope security is made tighter on BARC/Nook installations.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

people should note that loss of senior (rank wise) officials in this saga is because of

1) Indian officers lead not follow juniors ordering them around.

2) commitment of the officers to be in the thick of action.

3) the dedication to the job regardless of the demand of supereme sacrifice if need be.

same was the story in Kargil where in junior officers in rank paid with their lives for the cause of the nation.

My gratitude for their commitment to the country and the right cause.
Jai Hind
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

what kind of performance drugs are being talked about? intravenous ones?
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/asia/jul ... 11-27.html
Stephen Cohen, to you first. Based on what you've heard, what do you make of these attacks?

STEPHEN COHEN, Brookings Institution: This strikes me as a coalition of perhaps several groups, some Indian, some perhaps not Indian, designed to attack the very identity of India, that struck at India's commercial, entertainment, business center. I think it's an attack on the idea of India itself.

JUDY WOODRUFF: When you say "coalition," you literally mean several groups coming together?

STEPHEN COHEN: Yes, I think that there may have been -- speculatively, there may have been insiders -- that is Indians in Bombay or some other else -- and probably technical assistance from outside.

Who knows? It could have been al-Qaida, which operates like a foundation these days. You know, and so there may be other groups. The number of possible suspects is, I'd say, four or five, but it might have well been one or two or three of them working together.

JUDY WOODRUFF: How unusual would it be if this were a combination Indian and Pakistani or some other...

ASHLEY TELLIS: It wouldn't be unusual at all, because there are large numbers of Indian Muslims who are disaffected. And if someone was planning to conduct an operation like this, I think it would be reasonable to imagine that they'd have at least some local personnel who are familiar with the place, who can essentially serve as guides.

But it is entirely possible that, you know, you could have others who come from the outside. And the outside could be Pakistan; the outside could be by the Middle East; it could be anywhere else in India.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

It is becoming clear that a serious attempt is being made to dilute Pakistan's involvement
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Medvedev will not postpone India trip: Spokeswoman

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Medv ... latestnews
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

For ikhwanweb.com site

IP Address: 216.10.249.32
IP Location: United States
Website Status: active
Server Type: WWW Server/1.1
Alexa Trend/Rank: 1 Month: 852,048 3 Month: 717,889
Page Views per Visit: 1 Month: 1.8 3 Month: 2.4
Cache Date: 2008-11-27 21:12:28 MST
Compare Archived Data: 2007-06-28

Registrant:
The Muslim Brotherhood
Ikhwan.WebSite Ikhwan.Internet London London,NA Tel. +1.368462 Creation Date: 16-Oct-2005
Expiration Date: 16-Oct-2010 Domain servers in listed order: mb2.ikhwanweb.com mb1.ikhwanweb.com
Zimbabwe

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: IKHWANWEB.COM
Created on: 16-Oct-05
Expires on: 16-Oct-11
Last Updated on: 25-Jul-07

Administrative Contact:
The Muslim Brotherhood
Ikhwan.WebSite Ikhwan.Internet London London,NA Tel. +1.368462
Zimbabwe

Technical Contact:
The Muslim Brotherhood
Ikhwan.WebSite Ikhwan.Internet London London,NA Tel. +1.368462
Zimbabwe

Domain servers in listed order:
NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

http://www.who.is/whois-com/ip-address/ikhwanweb.com/
Site being paid for by Islamists in London is no big deal, but Zimbabwe? :|
What's the meaning of Ikhwan? Surrendred terrorists who help army in counter-terror operations in J&K are called Ikhwanis too.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

SSridhar wrote:It is becoming clear that a serious attempt is being made to dilte Pakistan's involvement
forget about firangis, our own admin in India will start doing this.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

has there been any press release from the redoubtable amar singh and mullayam singh yet?

the bodies will still be warm before the jackals come out to howl.
Raigad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Raigad »

Forget anyone saying that Pakistan is responsible, or calling this as Muslim terror; what out politicians will say that these were couple of misguided youths and terror has no religion.....those motherf@#%^&^ ********....
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Nayak wrote:Initially Sharma and other ATS officers thought this was inter-gang-warfare hence the 'casual-ness' in the approach.

The reason why the Govt did not got for negotiations -
* ATS officers killed
* The jehadis were intent on causing maximum casualties and not interested in surrender
* Pressure on politicos to show a strong response.

First time India has responded with no-negotiation military hand.

All in all first-rate military commanded by third-rate politicians.

Jai Hind.
PS: Also I wanted to post about my observations on the component level expertise floating around in India in micro electronics, cell phones etc and its impact on Terrorism and national security.

I could write up something less than one and half foolscape page article... meanwhile

My post about Million mafias ruling Billion people was deleted by BRF moderators, but thats what it is, every politician is as much in guilt with the terrorists. This is not the time or thread I will post evidenece to that fact.

Also remember we had a poll in BRF what will happen and what to do with terrorism.

I voted nothing will happen and we will continue to blead. Sorry turth be told even it hurts right now.
Last edited by John Snow on 28 Nov 2008 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

A lot of political personalities are notably absent. Probably a good thing at this point.

Any word from Raj Thackrey? outsiders are taking over Mumbai and he won't set his goons on them? Is he ok with North Indian NSG saving his a**?
antaryami
BRFite -Trainee

Post by antaryami »

I wonder where is MNS and Raj Thakare. I guess he is still planning to put his plan into action to save the Marathi Manus.
But on second thoughts His goons are only capable of smashing window panes and taxis and the poor labourers.
Last edited by antaryami on 28 Nov 2008 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

automated response: "our leader is currently in singapore and hence unable to comment;
please check back after its safe for our leader to return"
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Singha wrote:what kind of performance drugs are being talked about? intravenous ones?
Amphetamine. it provides the sense of invincibility and delay fatigue for few hours if taken with glucose.
AnantD
BRFite

Post by AnantD »

BRF Moderators seem extremely adept at deleting posts.

The least GOI can do is stop all flights to and fro and all ships to and fro from TSP. But it ain't gonna happen.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

SSridhar wrote:It is becoming clear that a serious attempt is being made to dilute Pakistan's involvement
Read the Ashley Tellis interview.

It is the only TV program which played the terrorist voice talking

But media is trying to deflect away from this
ajay_hk
BRFite

Post by ajay_hk »

NDTV: Narendra Modi has arrived on the scene. Oberoi to be more specific. He has visited the hospital and has announced 1 crore of compensation to the policemen who have been killed in this operation.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

Modi annouces 1 crore for each of the killed policeman. NDTV
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Absence of these hyenas and dogs is a good thing, for all you know they may get lynched by the families of the dead. Has DD or PTI put out the list of casualties ?