The Trash Thread in the Trash Can (Use 4545 to Merge Posts)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
archan
Forum Moderator

Re: Su-30: News and Discussion

Post by archan »

jamwal wrote:Chindits has been a source of a few good pictures, in many ways better than some of the members acting uber chi-chi here. If you don't like the blog and need to express your opinion, use the appropriate thread, why post off topic posts here ?? :roll:
I agree with the above as well. Guys, let this be about Su-30 only.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

archan wrote:
Shameek wrote: Hard to get the point across without some choice expletives, isn't it. I like the subtlety used in expressing anger. I get what the first 6 '*' stand for. What do the next 6 stand for?
French Connection UK.
Please report the posts again the next time this user decides to act smart. Zero tolerance for this kind of crap.
Archan, if that is a warning for me please do delete my post. I had no intention of derailing the thread.
Last edited by archan on 11 Mar 2010 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no it was not for you.
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

jamwal wrote:Chindits has been a source of a few good pictures, in many ways better than some of the members acting uber chi-chi here. If you don't like the blog and need to express your opinion, use the appropriate thread, why post off topic posts here ?? :roll:
I CONCUR!!!

THREAD DE-RAIL-MENT!!!! GAADI PATRI PAR LE AOO
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Guys, give it a rest. She user her blog to satisfy her crave for attention, no harm in it, as long as she doesn't do it here. In her defence, she did make a polite request first.

Suman, once your blog is in public domain, you can't expect to control who visits it and who doesn't. And people are just sharing what they felt. There is really no need to stoop so low with your language. Isn't it after all freedom of expression that the media constantly harps about? But abusing someone with derogatory language isn't freedom of expression. And do you really think only you can curse??
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Craig Alpert wrote:
I CONCUR!!!

THREAD DE-RAIL-MENT!!!! GAADI PATRI PAR LE AOO
Relax. I will move some posts, including this to TRASH soon. If anyone continues about chindits or whatever and is unrelated to the thread topic, they will get warning(s).
And others, please stop advising on thread derailment, because your posts are also OT.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Suman S wrote:Shameek you couldn't get what it stands for b'cos your a loser in life!!
Apologies for being a grammar nazi, but that should read as because you are a loser in life. Atleast when insulting some of our members, could you take the extra care by not defiling the language ?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Nayak, read the post just above yours. The more I try not to get on your case, the more you seem to stick your neck out..
Suman S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Suman S »

Putnanja, what do you mean by "crave for attention"...it is my blog and I'll decide whats to be done there, as I said I dont have a channel so my blog is everything for me and if Chindits is in public domain and gives you the freedom to visit and comment here and there as you wish and make fun of me, then bharat rakshak is also in public domain and gives me the same freedom and curse and abuse if you like, to answer me, obviously I cant do that as none of you have blogs and why do you always just criticise ..have you ever appreciated my efforts on Chindits, said a word of appreciation...criticism and appreciation go together..have some shame ya....feeling threatened and insecure of a girl !!
Suman S
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Suman S »

Archan, tell your boys to behave instead of issuing warnings to me...bloody losers...no shame
Last edited by archan on 11 Mar 2010 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User warned again, and banned.
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

Why is this thread being forced to discuss about women's reservation? .I have already indicated above that this is going to happen.
Please continue to discuss about rambha only
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

er, why should be feel threatened and insecure because you have a blog?? FYI, we do have other full time jobs that we enjoy doing. And why drag in the issue of you being a girl or woman? No one from here proposed to you, did they? or did they reject your advance??

Maybe you need a thicker skin instead of getting all hot under the collar. You too had the option of not coming to BR and ignoring it if you didn't like it here. And you too can make fun of us without using crass and derogatory words. It just shows you for what you are.

And how do you know that many visitors of your blog are not BR members appreciating your photos ( i mean the photos you post, not photos of you). And you get a lot more visitors to your blog because of BR, which you wouldn't have otherwise.
sevoke
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Military Media Watch Thread

Post by sevoke »

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QKkSf03VuFY/S ... 1H7132.JPG

Token Sukhoi Saas - Bahu drama in full view of the media.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

sevoke wrote:Token Sukhoi Saas - Bahu drama in full view of the media.
Let it be my friend. The Mahabharat is up here for all to see. It is her blog and she is free to do what she wants with it. It's best we dont waste BRspace discussing this. Besides anyone who has to resort to vehement abusive language to get a point across usually does not have a valid point at all.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Suman S wrote:Putnanja, what do you mean by "crave for attention"..

Madam - I seem to recall that you were upset that there was no reference to you in my photo section called "wimmens at aero India" and you came onto this forum demanding that I should put a link. In fact I added a link to your blog - but clearly you were upset at the lack of attention. I must admit I did not know who the heck you were - I saw a lot of attention worthy women at Aero India and you were not among them.

Yes we men may be jealous, but that does not mean that you do not crave attention. Madam we are made for you and you are mad for us. Reminds me of Rakhee Sawant strutting around among men and deciding who's good and who is not. Thanks for the visit..come again.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

How can she come again. That manager of boys has banned her for good.

The last time she was here, she was holding forth on the subtelity of urdu. Someone here said Mohterma, to which she took offence, the forum was told that the correct pronounciation is Mohterm onlee.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

It's OK Gaganji - she will surely come and lurk here. She has a big ego.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

*sigh* Perhaps she needs to realize that the avg. BRF fella is neither a wet-behind-the-ears recruit she used to yell at nor a 400% ignorant civilian who doesn't know a tank from a SU-30. Hence, if she wants to be respected as a journalist, it would be expected that she shed the glam-ma'am airs and contribute something meaningful rather than hurling choice expletives.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Suman S wrote:Mother ****** who asked you to visit Chintits in the first place..just stick to bharat rakshak, b'cos thats where you belong..bloody losers....****** you
I am shocked to see the owner of the chintits blog using such language!
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

shiv wrote:I am shocked to see the owner of the chintits blog using such language!
Why is that a surprise? She has voiced her anger similarly last year too. The standard "How dare you minions not recognise my greatness and praise everything I do" along with the "You are insecure men scared of the super woman that I am". Any person who wants to be acknowledged as a serious writer/journalist must first learn to tactfully deal with criticism. Abusing people is a sign that you are at a loss of anything smarter to say.
Anup K Chaturvedi
BRFite -Trainee

Small Arm Thread

Post by Anup K Chaturvedi »

Hello Bharat-Rakshaks ! I am a new member & have been reading Bharat-Rakshak everyday since 1999. I really would like the MOD & Indian Army to license manufacture the Browning .50Caliber 12.79mm in large numbers and the .30Caliber 7.62x51mm Full Automatic 'Battle Rifle' FN-SCAR-H. The Indian Army needs a powerful Battle Rifle for frontline troops. The 5.56x45mm INSAS should be issued to the local police & paramilitary forces. The frontline troops should havea 30Cal 7.62x51mm Battle rifle. NO WONDER WE TAKE SO LONG & SUFFER HEAVY CASUALTIES IN A GUN DUEL WITH THE TERRORISTS . We do not have heavy Caliber firepower. I have dedicated a webpage in which I have talked a lot about this subject. Maybe you guys might want to take a look at it kindly
http://anupkumarchaturvedi.com/Anupspage568.html
Anup Kumar Chaturvedi
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Re: Small Arm Thread

Post by AdityaM »

YAHOOOOOOO!
IB4TL!!!!!!

Please post here:
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... small+arms
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

AoA
we have a Arms peddler!!!! :D :) :( :-o :eek: :shock: :-? 8) :lol:
:x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!:
:?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :(( :rotfl:

and yesss IB4TL :rotfl:
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Is this arms dealer a internet hindu? Gotta be careful of 'em :rotfl:
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
AOA AK Phyrrrrr!!!!!

Big arse IB4TL onlee
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Chaturvedi sir, please post in the Small Arms Thread and I'll comment on your arguments. By the way, have you ever handled a weapon in your life before?
Ashish J
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ashish J »

IB4TL..

:D :) :( :-o :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

:D :) :( :-o :eek: :shock: :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :(( :rotfl:
:D :) :( :-o :eek: :shock: :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :(( :rotfl:
IB4TL onlee
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZmZVEbErIA&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZmZVEbErIA&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This may help him

The interview with Brigadier General (retired) Patrick Choy (who is now working for ST Kinetics or STK) on the Indian carbine market
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Is dhagey main talah kyon nahi laga??
Natt
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Natt »

chindits blog now serves to "invited readers" only :rotfl:
someone s pI#$@% off.. :rotfl:
Sorry mods..coud'nt keep this to myself..
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

shiv wrote:
Suman S wrote:Mother ****** who asked you to visit Chintits in the first place..just stick to bharat rakshak, b'cos thats where you belong..bloody losers....****** you

The Prez surely deserves to know who she got herself photographed with.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

edited - :oops:
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

I see a fit case for the BR word dictionary for this Motorham. Similar to the PeeEchDee in whatever PeePee that was added recently :mrgreen:
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

why are we discussing so much about what Suman writes or does not write on her personal blog

She is a good friend of mine and I think reasonably good defense journalist

I do some times write on her blog in form of comments on issues close to my heart or some times just to clarify a situation when some one posts a question to which I can respond with some level of certainty

we all know she is not flanker pilot but it also is a fact that she has flown all those glamorous war birds just Like Vishnu

We never criticized Vishnu for his accounts of Afghanistan war or Mig 35 flights why we are doing with Suman

In fact I remember we eagerly asked him about the experiences -so why we are behaving so rudely to S uman -just because she is a woman

I am sure any of us would donate our right arm and leg to get a chance to fly a Su-30 OR F-16 or a Mig 35

Because of her position in her profession she got picked up to the job and she has done to best of her ability

The photographs in her blog are real good and her notes on different issue a good read and sure do reflect her opinion on the subject -but then it happens to be her blog

We opine ourselves hoarse on everything under the sun here in BR and no one takes it to this level of personal attacks

If you loose access to her blog because of this well it will be our loss too -to a good source of information on Indian defense

Let us not degrade BR to that level when a young woman sharing common interest just like us feels insulted and degraded after reading comments made about her

Hey guys we sure at BR are better than that
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

Any journo other than DDMs and pseudo-X ,is a better journo,no matter what he/she tries to do in his self styled blogs,till it shows that aspect of the information a journo/media orgz.(as a moral motto) should be showing to the world and to a curious busy bee .
Maybe chindit mohtorma stresses too much on self promotion apart from the news,but that is a necessity of their profession.This type of anger and abhorrent language ,once ajai shukla ji also showed,maybe thats the way they stress upon what they stand for!,

but still BRF losers are better because their are less selfish,more curious. :) ,.......
kulhari
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kulhari »

shiv wrote:
aahemm, Which blog?

Another itch similar to Pee_Itch_Dee
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

Shankar wrote:why are we discussing so much about what Suman writes or does not write on her personal blog
<Snip>
Let us not degrade BR to that level when a young woman sharing common interest just like us feels insulted and degraded after reading comments made about her
Hey guys we sure at BR are better than that
Shankar, we all agree that she is welcome to write as she pleases on her blog. Please understand no one here has a personal vendetta against her. A lot of people did not even know her till she made an entry into BR during Aero India last year. And she is not the only person maintaining a defense blog. We here have criticized Ajai S and Shiv A for a lot too. She claims to be equal or better to them and it is only fair we treat her the same.
Having said that, we dont go and insult her on her blog. So I presume we can expect the same restraint from her on BR. BR members have been tarred and feathered for writing much less than what she has. Why should the rules be different?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

shankar da, don't make ridiculous posts. what has it got to do with her being an woman ? she may be your friend but she is too full of herself and unfit to converse in polite society.
the self promotion at all costs that one sees (just check the first post in her profile, full of pics of her, nothing else) is a little odd, if someone comes on BR and starts badmouthing a poster just because his online album of AI-09 didn't include her picture, there is something seriously wrong with that person. in fact, if it was a friend of mine, I would suggest consulting a psychiatrist. secondly, BR is a military-enthusiast website, not a sumansharma enthusiast site. if someone claims to be a defence journalist but the posts are dedicated to by and large "look how cool I am", snide remarks are inevitable.

and where has anyone behaved rudely with suman sarma on BRF ? don't create strawmen please. it was she who came on BR and started talking in garbage-mode.
sombhat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sombhat »

I have been following her blog for some time now. I would like to post my opinion here, mods please delete if inappropriate. Her posts are usually of 3 types:

1. Highly feminist and opinionated posts regarding some obscure event in millitary circles, e.g. "Dr. So & So of DRDO receivng achievement award from RM, what for?"; "Some lady officer in the Army has filed a suit against some CO who had once dismissed her because he is this and he is that"; etc. [30%]

2. Pictures released by DRDO, MOD, IA, IN, IAF to all journos posted as exclusive on chhindits. Same pics pop up on Livefist an hour later. [20%]

3. I did this, I did that, received an award, photo with president, photo with Sukhoi pilot etc. Once there was a post boasting how she successfully challenged a paper which reported our Pres. as the first woman to fly in a Su. [50%]

I have never seen a post where she visits HAL or CVRDE or GRSE or some other org. and report real exclusive news. Long live Shukla and Aroor and Vishnu. They fly in aircraft and ride on tanks much more that this lady, yet their reports almoast always make my day. Glad I wont have to visit her blog again.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Shankar, you got it totally wrong. If you were here around AI-09 you would have seen how she made a fool of herself. And people engaged in a bit of leg pulling, it was no way an insult. But the way she reacted using absolutely abusive language was horrible. In fact, even after she did that once, she wasnt banned. If it was any other guy, he would have been quickly banned.

Every defence journalist has been criticized here, and you yourself have done that. She makes it sound as though we are jealous of her :roll: It doesn't matter if she is a man or woman( she is definitely no lady, look at her language!), they would have good similar reaction here.

Look at her blog posts. It is just a bunch of photographs or news releases by PTI/AP etc. Is there any original post there? She needs to visit defence organizations, speak to the officials, the armed forces guys and post on her blog.

You do remember that even Ajai Shukla, being an ex-IA officer was dissed when he initially came here, same happened to Shiv Aroor. However, over time, by the quality of their articles and investigations, people started giving them issue-based support :lol:

Here is some free advice for her. She needs to develop a thicker skin, especially as a journalist. Each and every person has their own views, some she may like and some she may not. She needs to carry on with her work and not get worked up over what some internet yahoo thinks of her. Otherwise, it will seriously distract her from her work.

She was getting quite a few traffic from BR. If you look at the comments on her blog and compare it to other sites, you can see how little she gets. She said that the blog was everything for her. Making it invitation only means that not many people will be aware of it, nor will other search engines like google, yahoo pick it up. And less chance for recognition. When she posts "first pics of XXX", who do you think will see it if is invitation only ? Maybe she needs to only make her personal photos invitation only?