Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 03, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 03, 20

Post by Rony »

A_Gupta wrote:Re: Swat video - it is being presented as Indian troops killing Kashmiris, here:
http://www.kalam.tv/ur/video/44827/index.html
See the comments.Even the pakis are not beleiving their own propoganda.

added later : Opps ! did not see saip's comments.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

saip wrote: Read the comments. No one seems to be fooled.
After watching the video,my blood boils at its mere mention..Any way one can get Shashi Tharoor's attention? He sure has friends in UN and Indian media.He can make it happen without himself getting involved.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The National Bird of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the loose once again:

Suspected US missile attacks kill 7 in NW Pakistan

Not that its feeding habits of the National Bird is of any consequence to the President of that Islamic Republic. The quest for hard cash has dulled any appetite for protecting national sovereignity :lol: :
Spy Talk
By Jeff Stein | September 22, 2010; 11:19 PM ET

CIA drones killed U.S. citizens in Pakistan, book says

CIA drones killed “many Westerners, including some U.S. passport holders” in Pakistan’s tribal area during the George W. Bush administration, the new bookby Bob Woodward says.

Woodward,a longtime Washington Post journalist, writes in "Obama's Wars" that then-CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden disclosed the killings to Pakistani president Asif Ali Zardari during a meeting in New York on Nov. 12, 2008. Hayden was succeeded by Leon J. Panetta in 2009.

Hayden and his deputy, Stephen Kappes, had gone to meet with Zardari, elected only two months earlier, to gauge his reaction to the drone strikes, which were generating widespread protests in Pakistan.

According to Woodward’s unattributed account of the meeting, Zardari said, “Kill the seniors. Collateral damage worries you Americans. It does not worry me.” ………..

Wahington Post
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Re Menon S

Does "Obama Wars" says anything about India/n invlovement in Afghanistan?
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

From an Indian Newspaper reporter wrt execution video
seen it. but who can authenticate such videos. too many floating around. just like the kashmiri shinakhth one
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

vic
in om babas own words
Pakistan preparing for war with India: Obama

"So they're (Pakistan) using the military aid, they're preparing for a war against India," Senator Obama said.
Maintaining that he will follow the al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden to the ‘gates of hell’, the Democratic nominee said that this could be accomplished without resorting to sending ground troops to Pakistan. However, he said his future administration is not going to pullout from the war on terror and allow the fundamentalists to take over Pakistan."What we say is, look, we're going to provide them with additional military support, targeted at terrorists, and we're going to help build their democracy. We've wasted USD 10 billion with Musharraf without holding them accountable for knocking out those safe havens," Senator Obama said.
He stressed that ‘nobody talked about some full-blown invasion of Pakistan’, but ‘we've got to put more pressure on Pakistan to do what they need to do’.

THE RETARDS KNOW QUIET WELL THAT INDIA CANNOT AFFORD A WAR WITH PAKISTAN.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

^^^ Is what you wrote above based on your reading of the book by Woodward or is it taken from an article by PTI from back in 2008?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Re: Swat video - I think some Pakistanis are embracing it because they are on the PPP side of the PPP versus Army equation. Otherwise the normal denial would happen.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Some Journalists and IED-atars that my fourth cousin befriended across the border are murmuring that a change in leadership is likely. Not a coup, but a "re-shuffle" if you will.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Anujan, yes, with all the buzzing in Islumabad it does seems to me that Zardari's head is on the block. It is kinda baffling though because he has proved to be a 'useful idiot' for the army , PML-N, and Gilani Co. Could this be a prelude to push Mushy as el presidente by any chance?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

A_Gupta wrote:Re: Swat video - I think some Pakistanis are embracing it because they are on the PPP side of the PPP versus Army equation. Otherwise the normal denial would happen.
For those who know it, pakjabi accent is undeniable. That they may choose to lie about it is another matter. One day a rep from a dish company called me and asked me if I spoke U--Hindi. I said yes. he started off with "Arrey Bhaiya..."
After irritating me for 5 min. he figured I wasn't going to buy anything from him. I can smell a pakjabi over the phone, even when they try to sound like Indians.
PS: I haven't seen the video, nor do I plan on watching that monstrosity, but from what I am reading in comments (from pakis as well), the shooters have a pakjabiness in their speech.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^^No wonder poor zardari desperately tries to keep traveling abroad only. The moment he's deposed, he could always claim asylum wherever he happens to be, that way.

Would be useful to invite him to India occasionally, for that purpose.
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Hair terms Pak players 'cheats, frauds and liars' http://www.indianexpress.com/news/hair- ... s/688270/0
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

A_Gupta wrote:Re: Swat video - I think some Pakistanis are embracing it because they are on the PPP side of the PPP versus Army equation. Otherwise the normal denial would happen.
The "normal" denial does not help them, they just end up fooling themselves. The "normal denial" only makes things from bad to worse for them.

The Sindihis, Baluchis, and the Mojahirs who hate the barbarian Pakjabis will also embrace it.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Pervez Musharraf to return from exile in Britain as 'saviour' of Pakistan
Pakistan's former military leader, Pervez Musharraf, tells Colin Freeman why his country needs him again - and why British troops must stay the course in Afghanistan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... istan.html
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sunnyP wrote:Pervez Musharraf to return from exile in Britain as 'saviour' of Pakistan
Pakistan's former military leader, Pervez Musharraf, tells Colin Freeman why his country needs him again - and why British troops must stay the course in Afghanistan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... istan.html

This is the drastic messiah complex that has afflicted mushy.

The only known antidote for this dangerous condition is a box of mangoes, preferably delivered by a pakistani air force shia airman. :lol:

The recovery is explosive, quite dramatic and permanent. :)
praksam
BRFite

Post by praksam »

America's Undeclared War: Deadly Drone Attacks In Pakistan Reach Record High

http://www.eurasiareview.com/2010092685 ... -high.html

September has been the month where the highest predator strikes have taken place so far. Looks like uncle is increasing the acceleration.

3rd U.S.drone attack reported in NW Pakistan

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/w ... 530827.htm

Three strikes in a day. What next a home run I guess. 8)
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

NATO helicopters strike inside Pakistan, giving employment to 30 x 72 people.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

chetak wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... istan.html

This is the drastic messiah complex that has afflicted mushy.

The only known antidote for this dangerous condition is a box of mangoes, preferably delivered by a pakistani air force shia airman. :lol:

The recovery is explosive, quite dramatic and permanent. :)
:mrgreen:

I disagree. Sr. Bhutto went alone. Zia went with a dozen. Beeb took few dozen with her. Musharraf must take few hundreds if he were a true messiah. Welcome to Pak, Mr Musharraf...
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Anujan wrote:NATO helicopters strike inside Pakistan, giving employment to 30 x 72 people.
KARACHI: Two Apache helicopters crossed into Pakistan on Friday in pursuit of insurgents who had attacked a remote Afghan security outpost, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said on Sunday.

More than 30 insurgents were killed, the coalition said in a statement. The aircraft followed ISAF rules of engagement when they crossed the border, it said. Two helicopters also went to the border area on Saturday and were engaged by small arms fire. They returned fire, killing between four and six insurgents, ISAF said. –DawnNews

Just like the ruskies during their final days in Afg, i think ISAF will floor the throttle before they pull out.As long as the faithfuls are being helped get their quota of 72, who are we to question! AoA!
praksam
BRFite

Post by praksam »

Anujan wrote:NATO helicopters strike inside Pakistan, giving employment to 30 x 72 people.

HR was pretty fast and Loud :mrgreen:
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

OT here but pakhanastan has become a model state that conservatives want to follow

Take a lesson from Pakistan: Taxes are for suckers
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

British film-maker tells of jihadist kidnap ordeal
Asad Qureshi has told of his ordeal at the hands of the armed gang who shot one of their prisoners and subjected another to a mock execution during his months of captivity.
At one stage Colonel Tarar was dragged out of his cell, blindfolded and subjected to a mock execution – to the terror of his fellow hostages.
:( why mock?
Three weeks after the kidnapping Squadron Leader Khawaja was forced to appear in a video in which he claimed to have continued links to the ISI, the Pakistani intelligence service, and the CIA and to have betrayed extremist militants during the siege of the Red Mosque in Islamabad in 2007.

Days later his body was found in a ditch near the town of Mir Ali in North Waziristan with a note warning other "American spies" they would meet the same fate.
Since Mr Qureshi's release there has been no word of Colonel Tarar, who was last seen pleading for his life on a video released in July.

His daughter in Rawalpindi said the family had "no idea" about his location or condition.

"We still don't know. We have no contact with them," she said.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Bollywood is killing our film industry, say Pakistan’s actors
Pakistan's actors claim Bollywood stars like Aishwarya Rai are killing their film industry Photo: AFP
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

From Yawn
US copters kill 30 inside Pakistan
The militants, the sources said, had attacked Combat Outpost Narizah, an Afghan base eight miles from the Pakistani border in Tani district of Khost. US forces repelled the attack and pursued the militants to their post just across the border in North Waziristan.

US forces, however, not penetrate more than six miles into Pakistani territory. {Sovirginity was not lost, because it was GUBO within limits} :rotfl:
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Mahendra:

This is the Paki bashing thread. I dont see the reason for the pic you posted.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

From the article:
The best thing that ever happened to Pakistan's elite was 9/11.
Amen to that! In fact, I would change this statement to The best thing that ever happened to Pakistan was Islam.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

saip wrote:Mahendra: This is the Paki bashing thread. I dont see the reason for the pic you posted.
Personally, I see no issue with it. Someone ought to point out to the pakis that its $25 M. Hey, if they have accepted the aid and used it to feed their unwashed poor or line their pockets, its irony, ain't it? But then point that out to the Syed Geelani types.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Brad Goodman wrote:Bollywood is killing our film industry, say Pakistan’s actors
Pakistan's actors claim Bollywood stars like Aishwarya Rai are killing their film industry Photo: AFP

How? Its more like all that smuggling is killing the local talent that they have to go to India to participate in music shows etc.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

[youtube]hfln0_Wazvc&has_verified=1[/youtube]
Last edited by archan on 27 Sep 2010 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: kindly write a line or two describing what the video is about. Don't just post a link or a video like that.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RoyG wrote:[youtube]hfln0_Wazvc&has_verified=1[/youtube]
If you would be so kind as to say what the heck this video is about I could decide whether to waste time and bandwidth on it or not.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Also see:
His recent purchase of four Hawker 850 XP aircraft is a case in point. With a large and extremely diverse fleet of VIP aircraft, did Pakistan really need another VIP aircraft purchase? The country’s VIP fleet includes G-IV, Cessna Citation V, Cessna Citation Excel, Learjet 35, Learjet 45 XR, Raytheon Hawker 400, Falcon 20, Cessna Conquest II, Bell 412 helicopters (3) MI-17 helicopter Airbus A310-300 and LearJet.
Insiders know that, for this deal for the Hawker 850, envelopes exchanging hands.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD9IFUI380
Pakistani minister resigns after criticizing army
By ZARAR KHAN (AP) – 1 hour ago
ISLAMABAD — Pakistan's federal minister for defense production resigned after being summoned by the prime minister to explain comments he made criticizing the army and accusing it of killing prominent politicians.
Abdul Qayyum Khan Jatoi accused the army of killing several high-profile Pakistani figures, including former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto and ethnic Baluch tribal leader Nawab Akbar Bugti.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani later summoned Jatoi to explain his comments. He told reporters Sunday the minister made his statements "in his personal capacity, and within five or six hours he resigned."

Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira told local TV that Jatoi's comments were "against our policies."
The army is widely considered the most powerful institution in Pakistan and it is risky for officials to criticize it. The military has carried out three coups against civilian governments in Pakistan and has ruled the country for much of its 63-year history.
Bugti, the Baluch tribal leader, was killed in an August 2006 military operation. The 79-year-old's remote cave hide-out collapsed in an unexplained explosion while security forces were searching for tribal insurgents who fight for a larger share of natural resources extracted from impoverished Baluchistan. The exact details of Bugti's death are disputed.
Bhutto was assassinated in December 2007 after speaking at an election rally in a garrison city just outside Islamabad. The military-led government at the time blamed the killing on the Pakistani Taliban, which stage attacks throughout the country from their sanctuary in the tribal areas near the Afghan border. Critics in Pakistan speculated the nation's military or intelligence apparatus could have been involved in the killing, which the government refuted.
The tribal areas also host a range of militant groups focused on battling NATO troops in Afghanistan. The U.S. has stepped up pressure on these groups this month by carrying out 19 missile strikes, including two on Sunday — the most intense barrage since the attacks began in 2004.
In the first strike Sunday, a drone fired three missiles at a house in Datta Khel, part of the North Waziristan tribal area, killing three suspected militants, said Pakistani intelligence officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.
Minutes later, a drone fired two missiles at a vehicle in the same area, killing four suspected militants, the officials said.
The exact identities of the seven people killed in the attacks were not known, but most of this month's airstrikes have targeted forces led by Jalaluddin Haqqani, a commander once supported by Pakistan and the U.S. during the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan.
Haqqani has since turned against the U.S., and American military officials have said his network — now effectively led by his son, Sirajuddin — presents one of the greatest threats to foreign forces in Afghanistan. Another militant commander, Hafiz Gul Bahadur, and his forces also hold sway in North Waziristan.
The U.S. wants Pakistan to launch an army offensive against insurgents in North Waziristan, but the government has resisted. Analysts believe Pakistan wants to maintain its historic relationship with the Haqqani network, which could be an ally in Afghanistan after foreign forces withdraw.
The 19 missile strikes this month have killed around 90 people, according to an Associated Press tally based on Pakistani intelligence reports.
U.S. officials do not publicly acknowledge the drone attacks but have said privately they have killed several senior Taliban and al-Qaida militants in the region, which is largely out of the control of the Pakistani state.
Pakistan often criticizes the attacks as violations of the country's sovereignty, but the government is widely believed to help the U.S. carry out the strikes. Criticism of the missile attacks has been more muted in recent months.
Associated Press writer Ishtiaq Mahsud contributed to this report from Dera Ismail Khan.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Brad Goodman wrote:Bollywood is killing our film industry, say Pakistan’s actors
If Pakistan cannot do something, then India also should not do the same; otherwise, Pakistan would be offended and cry foul. It has now come down to the ridiculous levels of films.

But, then, does not the Islamic Republic of Pakistan officially revulse music, dance, drama, films, fine arts etc. except calligraphy ? Why do they worry about Lahore cinemas going empty when the Government would not allow building any cinema house in Islamabad ?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anujan wrote:Some Journalists and IED-atars that my fourth cousin befriended across the border are murmuring that a change in leadership is likely. Not a coup, but a "re-shuffle" if you will.
Anujan, very true. The judiciary is in direct confrontation with the PPP government. This week might be crucial. The PA will certainly not take the rein, but, as usual, will do the back-seat driving. It would be interesting to see if PPP would go and PML-N (or a hotch-potch group) would come in or only Zardari would go with PPP still ruling. Both are possible. It would be also interesting how Zardari would seek asylum and where. What is the US doing in the background ?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Sindh will burn if 10% is removed , step will bring them closer to civil war/purification round.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

SSridhar-ji
Mushy probably also senses the chance. He has launched APML and wants to come back and "Save Pakistan"
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanjay M »

Pak Minister Goes on Tirade:

amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

self deleted