Rahul M wrote:james sahab, thanks a ton !
+1. Made my day. And if you can, I am looking forward to the second half (after the athletes march in) part of the videos.
Also, I think it *was* an attempt by TOIlet and UnDyTV (with some help from HT) to create news (they had the most articles linked from Google news) so that they can make more money. Here are some points to think about:
1. Games Village. Emmar/MGF should be faulted here first. It was taken over by Government and that yielded results. Emmar/MGF should be black listed., followed by heads rolling in DDA since they should have called out the issue first. All the filth was highlighted and from all photos and videos, it is actually world class. I travel a lot and have stayed at all sorts of places, I would love to stay at the Games village!
2. False Cieling Tiles falling in the Weightlifting stadium. The news headline screamed "Cieling collapses" leading all sorts of conclusions. Remember the headline sticks first.
3. "Security Lapse". Of course the racist ozie still has to get his comeuppance on this false story.
TOIlet/HT and NDTV are talking endlessly about metro being delayed etc. Here are some facts on metro:
1. The current phase of Metro was actually advanced to meet the CWG. It was earlier planned to be completed in 2011. Now that is earlier delivery.
2. Delhi Metro is going in for public/private partnership. The phase where Reliance has setup the tracks and signals has yet to get certification. The underlying infrastructure (tunnels/bridges/land acquisition) was completed by DMRC long back. It is Reliance which is "behind schedule"!
Regarding opening ceremony:
The article complaining about "issues" during opening ceremony is pure non-sense. Accomodating 60k people along with high profile event in a high threat will brown the pants off yamreki event managers. The security people did an amazing show. Hats off to them!
The real issues that should not be glossed over:
1. The bridge collapse., the builder should be fined and the price of rebuilding should be recouped from them. That was a disaster.
2. Delhi Municipal. They clearly need to get their act on general sanity (mosquitoes), cleaning up Yamuna. And of course general maintenance of the infrastructure!