Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by rohitvats »

^^^Has it occured to anyone that the main master (to leads the bunch) in "Kung-fu Panda" was named Master Shifu?
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

Yes it did and what I said is from my long experience in this field, u're at liberty to recheck. :)
rasiklal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rasiklal »

This is not the sort of unarmed combat that works and no fauji would use anything like this. Warfighting is not a matter of exhibiting your prowess, it is all about killing the enemy as quickly as possible with a minimum of fuss. Even UFC/MMA is no model for military UAC. Because unlike regulated sport combat comabat, military UAC is not a sport. It is dead serious. In fact one of the reasons why MMA/UFC takes so long is because the easiest to hit places, the eyes, the groin or the spinal base are all forbidden for full contact. Because brutal as it is, no lawful state anywhere in the world is about to permit a sport in which the loser leaves the arena in a body bag and the victor leaves on a stretcher with broken limbs.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

There are two things that are in common with sports, martial arts and military training - and in fact most of the time is spent on these things.

One is fitness training and the other is discipline. If you look up websites of some special forces training they say that at the end of training the recruit shows the physical fitness level of a top athlete. That is as much of a compliment to top athletes as the spl forces. I have claimed (in other pages of this forum) that I was a great shot with an air rifle. Fact is no matter how much of a hot shot I may think I am - it would be my fitness and discipline that count and that is what the training is about. If you look at Indian army ads outside the ASC center in Bangalore they have pictures of people doing the most exciting sporty things - mountaineeering, hang gliding etc. But inside ASC all you see is fitness training. Put a photo of that on the ad outside and nobody will come.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Delivery flight of KC-3803, coming-in for an overnight stop at Glasgow, Scotland.

Naidu
BRFite

Post by Naidu »

No mid-air refueling probes for the IAF C-130Js?

Added later:

Found the following pic:

This image from http://defense-update.com/wp/20110123_c ... _2011.html clearly shows the probe. Is this an "artist's impression?"
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

All refuelling probes on the C-130s have been removed before their first flight to India. They are fitted back on when they arrive in India. Something to do with flight performance.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Given the recent PAF interviews published in BRF where they mentioned locators placed inside the sealed units of US equipment and given that the C-130J is for special ops, will these craft be useful only when performing "black/special ops" only against the Chinese ( which US wont mind) and not against Pakis whom the US might tip off in case the C-130J were ferrying SF for raids on Pak?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Marietta, Georgia April 13th 2011. IAF C-130J # 1 KC-3801 with some instrumentation probe on the right wingtip.

IAF MiG 21s at Jodhpur
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Found a few picture of Indian Armed Forces in a torrent and uploaded them on blog. Land Forces and Air and Navy. Posting some here:

jai
BRFite

Post by jai »

shiv wrote: If you look at Indian army ads outside the ASC center in Bangalore they have pictures of people doing the most exciting sporty things - mountaineeering, hang gliding etc. But inside ASC all you see is fitness training. Put a photo of that on the ad outside and nobody will come.
Sir ji, this is not true, as the defense forces actively promote sports within - with sportsmen given all the support, official time and complete backing. Indeed, Indian defense forces have and continue to produce champion sportsmen, in sports like Shooting, Boxing, Wrestling, Marathon, Squash, weightlifting, mountaineering, car rallying, sailing, para gliding, Sky diving, Mirco-light flying, hockey, Equestrian sports etc etc, just to name a few where defense personnel have earned laurels for India -the last famous event being the Commonwealth games, where many of the medal winners were indeed servicemen.

All army cantonments have sports grounds, swimming pools, squash courts, tennis courts, golf courses etc etc and playing sports/games are a daily mandatory afternoon affair in any unit. There are quite a few internal tournaments - units take pride in winning these sports events.

As far as ASC is concerned, they have not done badly either and boast of 4 Arjuna Awardees.

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTempl ... uqxtmvWrU=

And, indeed, who can forget Col Rathore, the desh ki shan olympian, and the legendary Maj Dhyan Chand, the greatest hockey player of all time.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

jai wrote:
shiv wrote: If you look at Indian army ads outside the ASC center in Bangalore they have pictures of people doing the most exciting sporty things - mountaineeering, hang gliding etc. But inside ASC all you see is fitness training. Put a photo of that on the ad outside and nobody will come.
Sir ji, this is not true, as the defense forces actively promote sports within - with sportsmen given all the support, official time and complete backing. Indeed, Indian defense forces have and continue to produce champion sportsmen, in sports like Shooting, Boxing, Wrestling, Marathon, Squash, weightlifting, mountaineering, car rallying, sailing, para gliding, Sky diving, Mirco-light flying, hockey, Equestrian sports etc etc, just to name a few where defense personnel have earned laurels for India -the last famous event being the Commonwealth games, where many of the medal winners were indeed servicemen.

All army cantonments have sports grounds, swimming pools, squash courts, tennis courts, golf courses etc etc and playing sports/games are a daily mandatory afternoon affair in any unit. There are quite a few internal tournaments - units take pride in winning these sports events.
Sir you have merely totally misunderstood my post and have gone off on a wild tangent.

When anyone advertises anything the pictures have to look glamorous. Nobody who advertises anything will publicise unglamorous photos.

Nowhere have I claimed that the armed forces do not promote sports or do not have good sportsmen. They do - but those sportsmen have to train hard like all sportsmen. That training is unglamorous because it is fitness training and a photo of a whole lot of men running (for the purpose of fitness training) is less glamorous than a man para sailing or skiing. That is all I was trying to say. Anyone who advertises himself or an agency will necessarily post glamorous pictures. Even if he spends 6 months training for one championship event, any photos for the purpose of publicity will be of the event he trains for, not the training itself. What would be the purpose of using an ad of shooting champ Rathore that shows him doing Yoga or jogging? A photo of him shooting or getting his medal with the Indian flag as a backdrop is what any positive publicity seeking hoarding would do. And rightly so. That is why the ASC center hoardings are designed that way. They are designed to attract young talent with pictures of what they can achieve - not bore them with unglamorous pictures of men running or jumping - which is the sort of fitness training that all good athletes do - be they cricketers, footballers of boxers.
jai
BRFite

Post by jai »

Then I completely agree with you and stand corrected !!
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

CAUTION: VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

<snip>

Pics from the SEAL raid in Abbotabad. No pic of bin Laden here, though
Last edited by Rahul M on 07 May 2011 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: how exactly is this related to Indian military ?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Amazing shot of Ex Garuda by a French Mirage-2000 Pilot.

His rest of gallery is equally amazing. There are some amazing shots of French Mirage-2000 there.
http://eldoctor.deviantart.com/gallery/290244
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Gaur: Those shots are amazing. I wonder what filter he is using? CRYSTAL CLEAR!
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Any links for the photos coming out of Indian Army's Vijayee Bhava. The livefist and the broadsword must be getting the pics of a MOD website cause they are all the same.
I wonder where they get it from ? what they have put up is too little to enjoy I crave.... demand more
jayantckulkarni
BRFite -Trainee

Post by jayantckulkarni »

Dear Dandpatta,

Could you please contact me at jayantckulkarni at gmail dot com ? I am writing a Book on Maratha Light Infantry in Marathi and probably can use photos from u if u hvany or stories your father/gfather told.

Warm Regards,
Jayant Kulkarni
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

An Indian army soldier prays before leading a convoy of trucks during the reopening of Zojila Pass, about 108 kilometers (67 miles) north of Srinagar, India, Monday, May 2, 2011. The Srinagar-Leh national highway connecting Ladakh to the Kashmir valley was re-opened to traffic Saturday after six months. The highway passes through the 3,510 meter-high Zojila pass which lies on the lower depressions of the Himalayan range.

In this photo provided by the Indian air force, a chopper hovers over army tanks during an Indian army and Indian air force joint exercise near Suratgarh, India, Thursday, May 12, 2011. The month-long 'Vijayee Bhava' or 'blessed to win' exercise will end on May 14.

Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

^^T-55s... I was under the impression that they were already phased out? Obviously that is wrong... However, they are fitted with anti-mine rollers, so perhaps they are only used in auxiliary roles?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

they were retained as support in inf div IIRC.
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

Jaeger wrote:^^T-55s... I was under the impression that they were already phased out? Obviously that is wrong... However, they are fitted with anti-mine rollers, so perhaps they are only used in auxiliary roles?
Most likely these are Armour Assault Engineer Element which are Div troops..
Avik
BRFite

Post by Avik »

^^^^^^^

Yup..those T 55/54s are from the Armd Div Engr Regt...
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

JKAP took part too?
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

He he.

Disparate set of pictures..
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

That was excellent to see the T55 employed in non combat roles. I am glad they were kept.
Does anyone know if they are kept as reserve for use by the Armoured regts as well.

Also for the T-55s used by the Engineers are they manned or driven by Armoured Corps people or are they manned by the Engineers themselves.
Over the moon to see the combat engineers having some heavy equipment to themselves. Its time they fabricated a heavy assault weapon out of the T55 for use by the Mech Inf and breach vehicles for use by the Engineers
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

^^^Manned and operated by Assault Engineers.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Ex Vijayee Bhava: Mobile OT

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TmPsOCc_aOQ/T ... C02879.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nv-KQTxg4XY/T ... C02881.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3AibMyXIQrc/T ... C02883.JPG

It is amazing to see such that such a setup is supposed to be present in the middle of the Battlefield. Great work by AMC. Kudos to AMC.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Gaur wrote:Ex Vijayee Bhava: Mobile OT

It is amazing to see such that such a setup is supposed to be present in the middle of the Battlefield. Great work by AMC. Kudos to AMC.
Stuff that is as important as having nukes, Arjuns, Prithvis and all
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Gaur wrote:Ex Vijayee Bhava: Mobile OT

What's more, the OR is fairly well equipped with some really good equipment for most cases...
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Question is how many ORs are there? A handful won't be enough, in a grisly conflict. One hopes that the AMC is liberally funded to the point of excess, given how vital their efforts will be in saving lives
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Love the use of steel all over the interior. The most hygienic material to use for such a mobile environment.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

This particular OT is useful only for "basic to intermediate" level life-saving intervention (such as control of bleeding) for people who cannot be shifted to a higher center without immediate surgical attention. It would be essential to have a helipad/other evacuation means nearby to shift out people who need to have more extensive care. Every large hospital in India would ready itself to take on men who are shifted out from such a center.
rahulm
BRFite

Post by rahulm »

I was transiting through New Delhi and had 3 hours before I was to catch a flight. The Air Force museum at Palam was perfectdue to its proximity to Terminal 1D.

Due to the heat and limited time at my disposal, I sort of rushed through the museum. I know the museum has been done comprehensively by others previously but here in not so good order are some photos https://picasaweb.google.com/1133537813 ... directlink.

Among the collection are some photos of Pakistani war trophies, Wg. Cmdr. Mangat's damaged Su-7 tail section and a tribute to Flying Officer Sekhon.
Last edited by rahulm on 17 May 2011 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Thanks Rahul for sharing this album. looking forward to the captions. Great job... made Jingos happy.
BTB, is the LCA - KH2001 a model or the actual one... Kudos to the IAF if they were able to preserve the first LCA!!!

It would be great if they can move the Mig25 indoors.

BR should have a Like Button.
Neeraj Bagga
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj Bagga »

Thanks Rahul for sharing the Pics.
I have to say.. The Museum is in such a bad shape. The private airport hanger next near my house is in better shape (and maintained).
I suggest this be turned over to a private organization. Let them maintain it for a fee.
Neeraj Bagga
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj Bagga »

Sorry folks.. I don't crib / complain.. But this is too much.
Spot the error.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1133537813 ... 9327528562
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

^^ The guns are interchanged...
Neeraj Bagga
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj Bagga »

Bala you win Non redeemable BR points.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133537813 ... 0316111602

When and where was this tractor captured? I guess the only airfields we ever overrun were in East Pakistan.