Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by Aditya_V »

Somthing suspected by Many in BR, many so Called leftists who always come together on LET- Hurriyat- Maoists- ULFA issues are all on the payroll of foreign agencies, no mention in most media channels for this FBI story, I belive this is just a tip of iceberg will 99.9% of relity regarding such payments still below the waterline.

I guess they are just a type of s** workers who pr******** thier own country which they probably have no attachement too.

L'affaire Fai: US lawmakers, Indian liberals come under scrutiny.

I think TImes of India is being careful naming only the 2nd rung JNU chaps and Media personal. I think some people like A.Roy have attended such meets in the past.
Another group which has come under the lens is Indian liberals and so-called bleeding hearts who accepted Fai's and KAC's hospitality to attend conferences and seminars in US on the Kashmir issue where US authorities say Fai and his ISI handlers plied the Pakistani agenda. Indian hypernationalists and right-wingers have identified journalist-activists Kuldip Nayar, Rajinder Sachar, and Gautam Navlakha among those who attended KAC events organized by Fai which turns out were funded by ISI.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Aditya_V wrote:Somthing suspected by Many in BR, many so Called leftists who always come together on LET- Hurriyat- Maoists- ULFA issues are all on the payroll of foreign agencies, no mention in most media channels for this FBI story, I belive this is just a tip of iceberg will 99.9% of relity regarding such payments still below the waterline.
Well we always had such types in India, thats not the big deal.

The big deal is that so far they were not wined, dined and toasted by GoI with their views becoming policy for India.

The credit should go to Kangress.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sanku wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:Somthing suspected by Many in BR, many so Called leftists who always come together on LET- Hurriyat- Maoists- ULFA issues are all on the payroll of foreign agencies, no mention in most media channels for this FBI story, I belive this is just a tip of iceberg will 99.9% of relity regarding such payments still below the waterline.
Well we always had such types in India, thats not the big deal.

The big deal is that so far they were not wined, dined and toasted by GoI with their views becoming policy for India.

The credit should go to Kangress.
Use the correct words saar, :)

Anti national stooges, cerebral dupes and sickular "intellectual" overground supporters
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Indian Express has an article with a lot more names who are known to have participated in the ISI sponsored conferences.

J&K interlocutor Padgaonkar one of Fai’s guest speakers
Columnist Praful Bidwai, Angana Chatterji, Rita Manchanda, Prof G R Malik, Jatinder Bakshi
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Virtually all the known $#%^ on BRF hitlist somehow find their name here ( only A Roy is missing).

Of course, none of them knew what it was about when accepting to attend since the seminars were usually titled obscure things like " Self determination for Kashmir", "Indian troop violations" etc :roll: :roll:

Edited: Ah, well, the later posts shows even Suzzane with Fai. So, the list is complete!!
Last edited by sum on 21 Jul 2011 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

Someone up there is definitely not doing his job.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

A Roy with Fai.

Kashmir struggle for justice, peace
Famous Indian author and right activist Arundhati Roy has reiterated her support for the independence of Kashmir.
“Kashmir struggle is for justice and peace,” she said during her meeting with a delegation of Kashmir leaders in London.

The Kashmiri delegation which called on her comprised Executive Director Kashmir American Council, Dr Ghulam Nabi Fai, Senior Vice President World Kashmir Freedom Movement, Nazir Ahmed Quershi and Tehreek-e-Kashmir UK President, Muhammad Ghalib.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Is this GOPIO (Global Organization of People of Indian Origin) an ISI front as well? They recently gave an award to someone participating in what seems like an ISI activity. Check this out -

GOPIO to honour 4 Indian Americans
The four Indian Americans - Vijay Prashad, Madhu Mathur, Vidya Teredesai, and Mequitta Ahuja - will be honoured with a Friend of GOPIO award
The Asian American
The impressive list of participants at the conference included: CT Senator Mary Ann Handleyand U.S. Rep.John Larson; Pakistan's Ambassador to the U.S. Dr. Maleeha Lodhi; Professors Roger Buckley(UConn), Marcia Hermansen (Loyola University), Qamar-ul Huda (Boston College), Adil Najam (Boston University), and Vijay Prashad(Trinity College); former presidents of the
Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America Nasim Ashrafand Arif Toor;former So. Asia Bureau Chief for the Washington Post Kenneth Cooper; Executive Director of the Kashmiri American Council Ghulam Nabi Fai; and [then] U.S. Congressman Sam Gejdenson.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Dear buddy of ISI man, Fai, raves and rants about bombings in Mumbai but doesn't specify as to how it can be stopped ( since he is against going after even accused muslims since its communal and doesnt want Pak to be touched) :

Mumbai’s misfortune
Like the Punjabis of East Punjab, the people of Mumbai have a spirit of resistance and determination.

I have never lived in Mumbai. My visits too have been few and far between and never beyond two to three days. Therefore, it is difficult for me to visualise how people live, fearing one blast or the other in offing. What impresses me, however, is the manner in which the 20 million people from different parts of the country have fused into one community despite the terrorists and the threats of Shiv Sena to the non-Marathi speaking population.

The city has had 16 attacks in the last 18 years. People have come to live with insecurity they face. They criticise the governments at the centre and in the state for not protecting them against recurring incidents of bomb blasts. Still they live undeterred and this is what the outsiders describe as “the spirit of Mumbai.”

I was in Karachi a few weeks ago and found how people have come to terms with the conditions obtaining there, one blast practically every day, apart from ethnic riots. I asked them how and their reply was: Tell us the alternative. There was a feeling of helplessness, something like Mumbai’s.{ equal-equal}

I also had the traumatic experience of facing riots and death at the time of partition. When I travelled from my hometown Sialkot to the Attari-Wagah border in India, I feared I might be killed when people before my eyes were slaughtering one another. It looked impossible how we would restart our life without any help from the government. But we did it. The Punjabis in East Punjab started from scratch and were up on their feet before long. Was it our sense of resistance or the spirit of determination?

I find the people living in Mumbai cast in the same mould. They get up, fall but are on their feet again. They have done it many a time before and would do it again, if challenged. In fact, there is no option except to fight against those forces which want them to fall and stay there. I have not forgotten a poignant remark made by a woman living in Colaba: “Whenever my husband goes to office in the morning, I pray he should come back safe in the evening.” Things have not reached the same stage in Delhi where I live. But it can happen any time. As a senior citizen, I have come to be a fatalist.

The most unpalatable thing happening in India is the politicising of the blasts. Both the Congress and the BJP, the two main political parties, begin blaming each other. Within 24 hours of the blasts at Mumbai, BJP leader L K Advani reached Mumbai and advised New Delhi not to have talks with Pakistan. None in the media or elsewhere had even remotely hinted at the involvement of Pakistan. But should he politicise the issue for electoral purpose? Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh soon jumped into fray and raised the possible involvement of the RSS. In contrast, Home Minister P Chidambaram said that his government was not yet sure who was responsible for the blasts. He told the public that no group was out of their radar.

Mistakes and assurances

I regret why the government makes the same mistakes and gives the same assurances on zero tolerance against terrorists. I thought the attack on Mumbai in 2008 was a big warning. I have heard even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying that they would not allow it to happen again. Yet the basic thing like the intelligence failed again. For Chidambaram to admit that there was no input either from internal or external intelligence agencies is a slur on the government.

We must find out from America how it has not allowed a single incident take place after 9/11. That country also has a large ethnic population and it is bigger in size than India. President Bush introduced some laws like the Patriotic Act which treated every American as a criminal before he or she could prove it otherwise.

We should not make such a mistake. There is no dearth of law in our government’s armoury. Another law will not help. The National Investigation Agency was set up with a fanfare in 2009 to assuage public anger over a similar series of failure leading up to 26/11. They were entrusted with cases but the result so far is dismal.

The latest annual report of the union home ministry says that large investments were made “in new measures to meet the grave challenges posed by global terrorism.” The report says the MHA’s major achievements include the establishment of new rapid-response hubs for the national Security Guard Special Forces, and the establishment of an online National Intelligence Grid.

Investigators believe that all the five attacks are linked to members of the Indian Mujahideen (IM) a group inspired by the terrorist group in Pakistan, Lashkar-e-oiba. The IM is responsible for a string of attacks in several Indian cities between 2006 and 2008. There was however, little evidence to support the charge, though the available intelligence suggests that the Lashkar has been attempting to regroup. The terrorists’ blast is said to the hands work of a new module born from within the IM.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Mean while Tamil Nadu Q Branch CID and Kerala Police and forest officials have conducted a raid in the Idukki forests in Kerala, Tamil Nadu border. Intelligence agencies had reported about clandestine activities organised at camps in the forest. A tribal in the forest was also found having a bullet wound. Will try to get some link for the same.
vbedekar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vbedekar »

Very interesting articles: http://ntravindranath.blog.co.in/
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Sachin wrote:Mean while Tamil Nadu Q Branch CID and Kerala Police and forest officials have conducted a raid in the Idukki forests in Kerala, Tamil Nadu border. Intelligence agencies had reported about clandestine activities organised at camps in the forest. A tribal in the forest was also found having a bullet wound. Will try to get some link for the same.
Related to Maoists or the Madhani kind of camps?
Samudragupta
BRFite

Post by Samudragupta »

I am waiting for then name of Teesta madam in the list..... :rotfl:
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

Ahmedabad Mirror is doing pretty interesting test drives in Ahmedabad to raise awareness about safety. This time they are asking constables at various checkpoints what explosives looks like? Unsurprisingly, no one is able to tell what it looks like or what they are? This is called full-proof bandobast as per Police Commissioner Sinha.

Explosives? Er, what do they look like, ask cops
The city is on high alert after Mumbai blasts. Security has been tightened and cops and intelligence agencies are on guard. CCTV cameras have been switched on for 24-hour surveillance. Constables have been deployed at vehicle checkpoints. But are these measures enough to thwart a terror attack?

A Mirror Test Drive revealed that these constables had no idea what explosives, circuits and detonators look like! What foolproof bandobast is the city police gloating about? ...

BajKhedawal
BRFite

Post by BajKhedawal »

^^^Ahmedabad has a long history of communal riots, believe me if you have lived there you will know what to look for and where precisly to look for it.

Ahmedabad Mirror is an extention of the toilet paper (or should I call the P0rn0grafee Paper), and you will hardly find any positive articles in it while NAMO is in power. Some phuck face was recently complaining in the rag that now you will be watched 24/7 (due to the 24 hour CCTV surveillance). You cant have it both ways....unless of course you are a Bi.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Papa turd and baby turd have been tag teaming me thinks. Ghulam Nabi Fai writing in the Guardian after Pankaj Mishra has drawn in the audience.

People of Kashmir
Gaurav_S
BRFite

Post by Gaurav_S »

BajKhedawal wrote:^^^Ahmedabad has a long history of communal riots, believe me if you have lived there you will know what to look for and where precisly to look for it.

Ahmedabad Mirror is an extention of the toilet paper (or should I call the P0rn0grafee Paper), and you will hardly find any positive articles in it while NAMO is in power. Some phuck face was recently complaining in the rag that now you will be watched 24/7 (due to the 24 hour CCTV surveillance). You cant have it both ways....unless of course you are a Bi.
I agree with the first past regarding what and where to look for. As far as quality of AM reports is concerned I have found them to be good (keeping in mind they are part of TOIlet group) in terms of how much time and resources they spend in bringing current issues to public. For example: sometime back AM reporters visited major government hospitals in Ahmedabad and uncovered how lax is still the security at entrances with photos. They also had story about tight-security at reputed hotels in the city prior to rath yatra. So by and large IMO AM is quite good compared to TOIlet. Not sure about Mirror in Banbalore or Mumbai.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

blr mirror also runs these kind of sting exposes about govt/police/roads/contractors etc.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:blr mirror also runs these kind of sting exposes about govt/police/roads/contractors etc.

These are the fai kind of operators.

For sale onlee and anything goes.

Sometimes one will get a call before the publication clearly stating the terms. :evil:
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Govt to bypass telcos to tap calls - Rediff
To intercept calls and data without going through telecom operators, the government is planning to spend Rs 500 crore (Rs 5 billion) to set up a centralised monitoring system.

This will enable security agencies to tap any call, real-time chat and data without help from the operators.

The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs recently approved the funding for CMS and a testing facility at Indian Insititute of Science, Bengaluru [ Images ].

The department of telecommunications' design and technology wing, the Centre for Development of Telematics, will soon float a tender, according to a senior DoT official.

At present, DoT has to make arrangements with the operators for interception of any call or data.

Hence, the operators were aware of the numbers being tracked and there was possibility of this information being leaked, said the official.

"CMS is expected to be set up in 24-30 months," said the official.

The issue had come to the fore during the controversy over tapping of phone of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia

The home ministry had asked the Income Tax department to tap Radia's phones.

Radia's conversations with various corporate executives and former telecom minister A Raja were leaked.

The first meeting on CMS was held last week. It was attended by officials from DoT and the National Technical Research Organisation, among others.

DoT is also looking at all encryption-based services, divided into 14 categories, to see if it is possible to provide an interception solution to security agencies.

The services include different kinds of mail and messaging services, network mobile email, VPN tunneling and various proprietary services.

A committee of officials from DoT, the department of information technology, service providers and security agencies has been set up for this.

Security agencies have raised concerns over highly-encrypted services such as BlackBerry.

The government has been demanding access to BlackBerry services. Its provider, Research in Motion, says it does not hold the key.

However, RIM gave a full solution for interception of its BlackBerry messenger service in January, averting a possible ban.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

sum wrote:Related to Maoists or the Madhani kind of camps?
Both, infact.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

Samudragupta wrote:I am waiting for then name of Teesta madam in the list..... :rotfl:
Not on this list yet but she's been busy in another anti-national project she was a part of....

Activist Teesta Setalvad seeks anticipatory bail
Social activist Teesta Setalvad has filed an anticipatory bail application in a local court here in connection with the criminal case against her former aide, Rais Khan, for fabrication of evidence.

Mr. Khan has alleged that the false affidavits, for which he is facing the case, were filed at her behest.

He argued that he had not manipulated any of the affidavits as alleged by some of the witnesses. He used to get fully prepared affidavits in English by e-mail from Ms. Setalvad which he got notarised by the witnesses, victims concerned and handed them back to Ms. Setalvad or the NGO’s lawyer, he said.

Ms. Setalvad is also an accused in the 2007 Pandarwada case where bodies of riot victims were exhumed by the NGO activists to prove that many more bodies had been buried there. Mr. Khan told police that it was done at her behest.
Activist? No, fraud Teesta Setalvad filed for....
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Arunoday Dohatia, publicity Sec of ULFA and close confidante of Poresh Borua, is captured. Whether he will be released yet again due to lack of evidence etc., is a million buck question.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sting operation reveals Congress-ruled center is misusing CBI

In reference to a couple of sting operations aired by a TV channel, Gujarat government spokesperson Mr. Jay Narayan Vyas today said the sting operation has made it plain that Congress-ruled central government is misusing the probe agencies like CBI to harass the democratically elected government of Gujarat. “The sting operation has revealed the truth and exposed the central government’s motive of defaming Gujarat government”, he said.

“Naimuddim, brother of Sohrabuddin has revealed the fact that not a single minister or agency of the state government was involved with Sohrabuddin case, on the country Naimuddim was pressurized by CBI to give statement against Gujarat government”, Mr. Vyas said.

One more fact that Naimuddim has revealed before the camera is that the third person who was with Sohrabuddin and Kosarbi was none else but the notorious Kalimuddin. This proves that the probe made by the Gujarat police into the case was correct, said Mr. Vyas.

But some so-called NGOs challenged the probe made by Gujarat police and so the case was transfer to CBI. Now the latest revelations in the sting operations have raised questions against the creditability of CBI itself”, he said.

Another sting operation relating to a private builder of Ahmedabad city also confirms that there was no political hand behind the case. Firing was made simply with a view to scare and threaten the concerned people, he said.

“Central government is using CBI as a means to harass the popular Gujarat government which is a threat for the democratic system of the nation”, Mr. Vyas said.

What was there in sting operation?

Naimuddin Shaikh in a sting operation done by a television channel INDIATV has said CBI pressurised him to give a statement against Gujarat cops and Gujarat politician Amit Shah.

Shaikh claimed that CBI had twisted his statement to suit its purpose and he had never mentioned minister of state for home Amit Shah in his statement to CBI. Shaikh further asserted that he had never received any threats either from Shah or the BJP as has been attributed to his statement. CBI had claimed before the SC that Shah should not be given bail as he threatened witnesses in the case.

Shaikh has further alleged that the facts of the case can be unearthed only if Kalimuddin is arrested by the CBI. He further claimed that Kalimuddin is a CBI and intelligence bureau informer and that CBI is actually scared of arresting Kalimuddin. He moves around with an AK-5, Shaikh has claimed.

In another sting operation aired by the channel, Mohammed Azam Khan, a former Sohrabuddin aide, claimed that Shah had been falsely implicated in the case and had no role to play in the Popular Builders firing case on December 8, 2004. Khan also claimed that Sohrabuddin had arranged the firing incident at the office of Popular Builders on his own.

http://deshgujarat.com/2011/07/26/sting ... using-cbi/
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Nizar panel withdrawn under IUML pressure

UPA consitiuant Involved in organising Communal riots yet UPA os Secular
Kasargod town would have been reduced to ashes if the police had not resorted to firing,” said Ramdas Pothen. He told Express that the IUML workers had unleashed communal violence attacking a temple and shops in the town. “Around 300 youths dared the police to shoot. The police had to resort to firing in the face of extreme provocation by IUML workers,” he said.
P.S - Offcourse Like many incidents like Temple demolitions in WB, Desecrations In Goa not covered by Delhi Based news Channels as news is Inconvinient to Ruling Dispensation.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

It's all Dileep-ji's fault. :(

http://in.news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-threa ... 52561.html

Al Qaeda threat to Kerala shrines, Jayalalithaa?
Guruvayoor (Kerala), July 27 (IANS) A letter posted from Chennai to this pilgrim town Wednesday warned of a bomb attack by the Al Qaida on two of Kerala's most popular temples - the Guruvayoor and Sree Padmanabha Swamy shrines, police said.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

INC dirty tricks dept back to its old stuff:
Minorities panel mulls action against Swamy for anti-Muslim views
New Delhi : The National Commission for Minorities will Tuesday decide what action if any should be taken against against Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy who has, in a signed newspaper article, suggested that the voting rights of Indian Muslims be revoked.

Wajahat Habibullah, who heads the panel, said members of the commission had already studied Swamy's article, "How to wipe out Islamic terror", which violates the law and incites hatred.

"The article has been circulated among the members. They have studied it. All of them found it very offensive. Now it is being examined by our legal advisor and he has pointed out a number of Indian Penal Code (sections) which have been violated," Habibullah told CNN-IBN in an interview.

The Harvard-educated economic scholar in the article published July 17 in the Daily News and Analysis (DNA) had suggested Indian Hindus to collectively respond to terror acts.

"We need a collective mindset as Hindus to stand against the Islamic terrorist. The Muslims of India can join us if they genuinely feel for the Hindu. That they do I will not believe unless they acknowledge with pride that though they may be Muslims, their ancestors were Hindus.

"If any Muslim acknowledges his or her Hindu legacy, then we Hindus can accept him or her as a part of the Brihad Hindu Samaj (greater Hindu society) which is Hindustan. Others, who refuse to acknowledge this, or those foreigners who become Indian citizens by registration, can remain in India but should not have voting rights (which means they cannot be elected representatives)," Swamy wrote in his article.

Habibullah, however, said he respected Swamy as a scholar "but an article of this nature is not accepted. It is intimidating members of a particular community".

The panel chairman also criticised the newspaper for having published such an "outrageous" article.

"The newspaper should have exercised some restriction before going ahead with the publication."

Asked if Swamy had the right to express his opinion freely, Habibullah said: "It (article) talks about expelling entire community from India. Obviously that is highly offensive. It may not incite violence but it incites hatred. That would be in violation of the law."
Also, ably aided by its foreign wing headed by a noted Nobel prize winning Marxist economist( as per Swamy in his interview on CNN-IBN on this issue) :
Students urge Harvard to sever ties with Subramanian Swamy
Upset over his recent article on Islamic terrorism in an Indian newspaper, a group of Harvard students are urging the varsity authorities to sever ties with the Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy, who teaches economics at this prestigious University every summer.

"We demand that the Harvard administration repudiate Swamy's remarks and terminate his association with the University," says a petition campaign launched by students of the Harvard University.

The petition posted on the website of the Harvard University and signed by more than 240 students, faculty and post-doctoral fellows, so far, says that they are outraged to learn that Subramanian Swamy, whose recent editorial shows him to be a bigoted promoter of communalism in India, also teaches economics at Harvard University Summer School.
Swamy, however, told the Crimson that the Indian response to his op-ed has been positive.

"I don't think anyone in India, except the left wing, has been upset by my article. There has been wholesale support," he said. Writing in the wake of the July 13, 2011, bombings in Mumbai, Swamy has exploited this event not only to promote a vision of Indian society based on Hindu supremacy, but to disparage and cast suspicion on the entire Muslim community in India.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

X-posting from Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): June 30, 2011
Spy wars

Days before the Foreign Minister of Pakistan, Hina Rabbani Khar, was to meet Kashmiri separatist Yasin Malik in Lahore on July 25, Indian intelligence knew. Especially after last year’s curfew-ridden months and violence, the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Military Intelligence (MI) were working overtime in Kashmir. They passed on information to New Delhi that Hurriyat leaders Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq were preparing to leave for New Delhi on the eve of the Pakistan foreign minister’s visit. The mandarins of the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Ministry of External Affairs and the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) that also included officers from Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and IB met. It was decided that if Rabbani met Hurriyat leaders at the Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi, it could be advantage India—the moral high ground of a democracy where dissent is tolerated. It would also expose Pakistan as a country officially encouraging separatism and violence in Kashmir for the world has been watching since the FBI arrested Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) lobbyist Ghulam Nabi Fai who received millions of dollars from the ISI to lobby for Kashmir.

Such is the smoke and mirrors world of espionage—nothing is what it seems to be. “We call it perception management,” says an intelligence officer. “We communicate to the Pakistanis through separatists, especially people like Mirwaiz and Malik. They say one thing in public, but to our counterparts in Islamabad, they say something else in private; after all Mirwaiz’s father was murdered by the ISI, his school burnt down and his aide was recently shot. He has no love for Pakistan. When things get too hot in Kashmir, it is they who tell Pakistan to back off,” adds the officer.

A senior Israeli diplomat posted in Delhi says that Indian intelligence is one of the finest in the world. But information dissemination and coordination among India’s various intelligence agencies are a plague. “Terror related intel operations are effective only if you have good HUMINT (human intelligence),” says Jaidev Ranade, former additional secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat and counter-intelligence expert. According to a senior IB official, the 26/11 terrorists were using SIM cards planted on them by the Jammu and Kashmir Police. It’s these cards that opened the gateway that enabled Indian intelligence to track the calls and source them to Pakistan. That information was later shared with other agencies, especially Israel’s Mossad, after the two Pakistani terrorists—Babar Imran and Nasir—occupied Chabad House for 45 hours and killed six Israelis during the attacks. According to C D Sahay, former director, RAW, there was enough intelligence to avoid 26/11. The Israelis say that after 26/11, Indian intelligence and Mossad work closely together, especially on Islamic terror. “We have common interests” is the explanation.

The subcontinent is a beehive of intelligence and counterintelligence activity and spycraft. There are two reasons for this. One is Islamic terror with AfPak as the hub. Two, India is spending billions of dollars on armament and other defence equipment. Together, they are compelling motives for most major intelligence agencies to spread their net as wide as possible in India: the main players being—apart from the ubiquitous ISI— the CIA, the FSB (Russia’s spy agency), China’s MSS (Ministry of State Security), DGFI (Bangladesh’s intelligence agency) and the Mossad. MI6 and the French have a presence, too, but their information gathering is largely related to defence. To make friends and influence people, various time- tested methods are used—women, booze, bribes, foreign trips, scholarships and cybercraft.

SEX AND THE SPY

The famous American spymaster, the CIA’s Michael J Barrett, called espionage “the world’s second oldest profession and just as honourable as the first”. Sex is one of the popular weapons of spycraft, used extensively in India by Pakistan and to a lesser degree by the CIA. The Russians and the Chinese, according to RAW sources, prefer to entrap Indian diplomats abroad.

A senior RAW operative who held postings in Washington and Beijing speaks about a Pakistani Lothario diplomat in Delhi who had half of the city’s prominent socialites as friends. He was posted as a First Secretary; his espionage skills got him a quick promotion to Counselor. His modus operandi was to use his formidable seduction skills on high society women who had access to the highest levels in the Indian establishment. The male Mata Hari would gather information through his network of sexual conquests; some of them even had parallel romantic relationships with Indian bureaucrats, politicians and even some senior journalists. All Pakistani high commissioners in India entertain lavishly, and the capital’s crème de la crème—journalists, businessmen and social butterflies—is invited. Cultural exchanges between India and Pakistan lead to qawwalis and mushairas; fertile grounds for information harvesting.

“He even kept a little diary that listed his conquests,” says a senior IB operative. “Women were classified according to their vital statistics, temperament and region —Marwari,

Punjabi, Bengali or South Indian. He wrote that Bengali women were stubborn while Bihari and Punjabi women were easier to manipulate.”
So, when the IB has such detailed information on a Pakistani spy, why don’t they expel him? Simple. It’s easier to keep an eye on a known spy, as well as on the Indians who are close to him.

According to the IB, the ISI maintains three levels of operatives. At the lowest level are those who are lowly paid and are merely asked to reconnoitre cantonments, police stations and government buildings and report back. The second rung is more trusted; for example, they would be asked to create long term cover stories: like opening a small shop in the vicinity of the cantonment, cultivate locals and soldiers and gather information on officers, and the coming and goings-on in the cantonment.

The third are unique as spies—good looking, physically strong young boys and men. An Indian intelligence officer says that the ISI took a leaf out of the East German spymaster Markus Wolf’s book to create male honeytraps and woo lonely secretaries of influential men in government. They would entrap lonely diplomats (like Madhuri Gupta who was arrested in 2010) or army wives, including those of non-commissioned officers. Indian intelligence was alerted to this operation through telephone intercepts traced to Pakistan. A massive sexual offensive against India is being planned by the ISI, according to Indian intelligence in Kashmir. Around 900-odd women spies are being trained by ISI, to “honeytrap” important Indian establishment figures. Punjab and Kashmir police are keeping a lookout for the Pakistani Pussy Galores crossing the border.

A RAW official says that Indian intelligence cultivates Pakistani assets as well, but more at home than in Karachi or Islamabad. This is because the ISI keeps all Indians, both visitors and diplomats, on a tight leash. What the Pakistani spy wants in exchange first is sex. That too, they insist on Hindu women only. “Honeytraps are not our style,” says an intelligence officer who has served abroad under diplomatic cover. “But there are enough call girls who are passed off as Hindu women.” Of course, the Pakistani spies are also paid in cash and expensive foreign liquor in exchange for information.

RAW officials say that Pakistani politicians visiting India —usually delegations of MPs—ask for film actresses and starlets as local entertainment. The ISI connects them to upscale pimps, who then are put in touch with visiting Pakistani politicos. “There are travel restrictions on Pakistanis, so the girls are flown into Delhi,” says an IB source. It makes it easier for the IB to keep tabs on them. As well as compromise the politicians and turn them into potential intelligence assets for the RAW.

There are many cases of successful honeytraps in the saga or intelligence and counterintelligence, but few are revealed. Exposure is usually quick and the diplomat is sent home usually on the first available flight. In one case, a Pakistani female agent compromised an Indian naval attaché posted at the Indian mission in Islamabad. At that time, the naval officer’s uncle was a senior bureaucrat attached to the office of the President of India, which made him a prize asset for the Pakistanis. The Pakistanis also knew he had a glad eye, especially for the wives of fellow officers. They entrapped him with a beautiful female ISI agent working with the Pakistani Navy; they would go off to the Pakistani hill station of Murree for trysts. Then one day, she came up with the standard blackmail line that she was pregnant. The ISI then began to put the heat on him, but the naval officer had the good sense to speak to the Indian ambassador who put him on the first flight out of Islamabad. After debriefing and enquiry, he was asked to resign his commission. There is a similar case that happened in Beijing when an Indian diplomat was having two affairs simultaneously—one with his maid and the other with his Chinese linguist—who were both Chinese agents. While forced to choose, he took the linguist out for dinner to tell her it was over. By mistake, the speed dial button of a friend, a senior Indian diplomat posted in Beijing, was pressed. He then taped the whole conversation. The disgrace claimed the ageing Don Juan, who had less than a year to retire. A RAW officer posted in Beijing remembers a similar case when his friend—a young American diplomat posted as a 3rd Secretary in the Cyber Division who was honeytrapped by a gorgeous Chinese girl—approached him for advice. His counsel was that the young man seek help from the US mission. The American did and was flown home immediately.

OLD BOY NETWORK

The reason why Pakistan has been able to cultivate sources among Delhi’s elite is, class. All Pakistani High Commissioners to India have a common social profile—Oxbridge educated, Westernised and immensely rich, they rely on the old boy network with Indians who they went to college and school with; who now occupy high positions. An intelligence official in Delhi, who specialises in Pakistan affairs, says that the ISI targets Delhi’s Punjabi upper class who are fed the cross-border Punjabi Indo-Pak brotherhood. Former Prime Minister I K Gujral—no Pakistani agent—was melted enough by the Punjabi brotherhood line to disband the entire RAW network across Pakistan, one that had taken years to build. Intelligence legend says the then RAW chief was ordered to give the names of the assets to Pakistan to earn “goodwill”, which was returned in the form of executions carried out by General Ziauddin of the ISI. Pakistani upper class Indian assets in Delhi are “unknowing conduits” of information, according to senior RAW source. It is a subtle operation that is a combination of confidences shared at private dinners, Urdu poetry sessions and musical evenings and information passed on in the interests of “neighbourly peace”. Gujral’s act was to cause lasting damage to RAW, which in retrospect would’ve been in a better position to handle Pak-sponsored Islamist terror.

RAW’s operations in Pakistan had been very effective during the Khalistan movement. In the mid-1980s, the agency set up the Counter Intelligence Team-X (CIT-X) and Counter Intelligence Team-J (CIT-J)—two highly covert arms to react with violence within Pakistan whenever a Pak-sponsored massacre happened in Punjab. They were so successful that the ISI chief was forced to ask for a meeting with his RAW counterpart to draw up the rules of engagement on Punjab with the then Jordanian Crown Prince Hassan bin-Talal acting as referee. The prince’s wife, Princess Sarvath, is Pakistani and presumably was contacted by the ISI.

“At that time we had an advantage,” says Moloy Dhar, IB counterintelligence expert who was involved in the operations. “The media gave us silent cooperation. It was war. So we did it and finished it.”

Those who are “skittish” about Pakistanis are approached by another route—of other diplomats. According to an IB official, Bangladeshis are perfect candidates. “Many with old East Pakistan memories are still sympathetic towards Pakistan,” he says. “Money changes hands.”
Ranade says there is a ring of mosques along the Indo-Bangladesh border that function as a base for ISI operations. According to a senior MI source, the Bangladesh spy agency DGFI (Directorate General of Forces Intelligence) actively helps in Pakistani infiltration through the eastern border—the terror module that coordinated the 1999 Kandahar hijack was from Bangladesh. According to Indian diplomatic sources, the former Bangladeshi High Commissioner was pro-Pakistan while his deputy has strong pro-India feelings.

“In the pre-Hasina days, the DGFI was hand in glove with Pakistan’s ISI,” says Dhar. “They trained the ULFA, the Nagas, the Manipuris against India. But once Hasina came to power, they were driven out.”

HI-TECH SNOOPING

It’s not just the Bangladeshis that the Chinese use for eliciting third party information. The Chinese bribe cooperative third world diplomats to spy on each other. The role of Chinese journalists with huge expense accounts cultivating contacts in the media and the establishment in Delhi has come under the RAW and IB scanner. Indians who have similar ideological sympathies help them: those who study or teach in certain universities or belong to left-leaning political parties. Many of them are offered “free trips” to China where all tabs, including shopping, are picked up. “Indian missions overseas do it too,” says a retired diplomat. “We offer the India experience.” But there is a difference. “The Chinese follow up and seek a quid pro quo in the relevant fields,” says Ranade.
The Chinese are also good at cultivating sources in government. A classic case is Huawei Technologies, the Bangalore-based Chinese corporation that was blacklisted from entering the telecom sector after a CIA tipoff on its Taliban connection. Government sources say Huawei flouted all regulations, but “was in business before we were even aware of it”. The company’s modus operandi was to recruit former GMs and retired senior officers of MTNL and BSNL on huge salaries, and thus use their government connections to its benefit. In one case, a serving MTNL official—due to retire in two years—was contacted and offered a job at a huge salary. “Hook him before he retires is Huawei’s policy,” says an intelligence analyst.
The IB says that when it comes to hacking, the Chinese rule. When the PMO computers were hacked into in 2010, the hackers chose only those machines belonging to officials like the JS (Pak), JS (China) and JS (US).

HANDOUT ESPIONAGE

Unlike the Chinese, the CIA has been operating in India for decades, even before it helped the Indian government set up RAW after the 1962 Indo-China War. Honeytraps have been frequently used, but today the CIA’s main lure is money, jobs and scholarships for the children of powerful bureaucrats and politicians to study abroad. “Many journalists and babus are partial to the United States,” says an intelligence officer. “Everyone’s kids want to go to the US to study. The Americans help them with visas and funds depending on how useful they are.”

The RAW and IB are keeping a watch on a “couple of senior persons,” on whom “there are strong suspicions”. When a kid whose school record has been indifferent suddenly gets into a good American school, “light bulbs go on”. The CIA is sometimes loyal to its top Indian agents: Rabinder Singh, a former RAW operative who disappeared after coming under suspicion of being a CIA agent was helped by the Americans to flee the country, according to RAW officials. They supposedly helped Singh generously when he had a near-fatal car accident in Syria. When Singh was exposed, RAW sources say the CIA supplied him a false passport and spirited him away through Nepal.

IN THEIR DEFENCE

Unlike the Pakistanis and the CIA, the Russians use honeytraps only to get information on defence deals—Commodore Sukhvinder Singh is a case in point. “The Russians are lying low,” says Dhar. “Americans no longer see India as an enemy. The need to use honeytraps like before has become much less.”

The Mossad is aggressive when it comes to garnering defence information; according to MI sources, there are many Indo-US deals that happen under the radar. Mossad targets Indian security and defence officials using friendly arms dealers in Delhi. The incentive is not women—but money, booze and foreign trips. The Mossad’s other focus is on anti-Pak operations. According to a senior IB operative, India’s small town Muslim ghettos—“We have to liberate the other nation in Hindustan,” a slogan coined by former Pak intel chief Hamid Gul—are ideal hiding places for Pakistani agents acting in concert with local terror modules. The Mossad uses its sabbath houses in India to keep tabs on suspected terrorists. Young Israeli decommissioned soldiers visiting India also help the Mossad. Even during India’s Socialist pro-Arab days, the RAW maintained a covert relationship with the Mossad, mainly to gain from Israel’s West Asia and North Africa information as well as learning counterterrorism techniques, says an intelligence officer.

With so many foreign agencies operating on Indian soil, it’s not as if the IB and RAW are quiet. Indian intelligence has infiltrated not just the jihadi support groups operating in Kashmir and Bengal, but also has a strong presence in Nepal. An MI operative in Kashmir speaks of infiltrating Kashmiri mosques to identify hate speakers. “Since I’m tall and fair and look like a Kashmiri, I blended well in the mosque wearing a phiran and offering namaz. But had I opened my mouth, I would’ve been dead, exposed as a non-Kashmiri. I would pretend to be dumb.” Some were not so lucky. A retired spymaster remembers how he sent an operative into Pakistan who spent the night in a sarai along the border. “Something he did gave him away and he was picked up after prayer,” he says. “After many years, we heard he had been thrown into jail and kept there.” The world of intelligence has its comic interludes too: the turf wars between various arms are a block to information cooperation, especially along the border. “Sometimes the MI, IB and the RAW use the same agent without knowing he works for the others,” says an old Pakistan desk hand. “He coolly collects money from all three for the same bit of info.”

Money makes the intelligence world go around. Many Indian NGOs are funded by various intelligence agencies, including the ISI and the CIA. Every year an international conference of NGOs takes place in Geneva on South Asian issues. It’s open season. “The Indian government funds its own NGOs to counter anti-India propaganda,” says a retired RAW operative. “We also identify who works for who.”
According to South Asia military intelligence expert Colonel R Hariharan, “Intelligence agencies use three major human weaknesses—wine, women, and money power—to make those with access to secrets part with information.”

Secrets are the subtext of power. And spies the deadly couriers.
An interesting piece that vocalises much of the points debated on BR.
-WKKs are not only fools but toxic fools
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/repeal-sedit ... 041-3.html

Repeal sedition law completely: Binayak Sen
"In a free democracy like India, every person should be free enough to hold the government wrong on definite accounts," he said.

"Laws like sedition are draconian in nature and has no relevance in contemporary time," Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi, who was also present on the occasion, said.
Clearly the cabal of Maino's with their cheerleaders in this man, dont think twice about suppressing Baba Ramdev, for asking govt to tackle corruption, but has no problems supporting Overground workers of murdering Maoists, even when they are openly asking for those who work against Indian nation to be strengthened.

Should this also be allowed under "different views on nationalism and presence of a strong moral compass"
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Former Prime Minister I K Gujral—no Pakistani agent—was melted enough by the Punjabi brotherhood line to disband the entire RAW network across Pakistan, one that had taken years to build. Intelligence legend says the then RAW chief was ordered to give the names of the assets to Pakistan to earn “goodwill”, which was returned in the form of executions carried out by General Ziauddin of the ISI.
So why hasn't Gujral been tried for treason, or at least a stink been made over this? Investigations into type of action is why the PMO is fighting shy of putting itself under the Lokpal.

Another counter for this security issue is to move the capital southwards from Delhi, perhaps to Chennai. The Pakistanis will be blunted when they get a load of Tamil as they try to ply people with Urdu.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Sanku wrote:http://ibnlive.in.com/news/repeal-sedit ... 041-3.html

Repeal sedition law completely: Binayak Sen
"In a free democracy like India, every person should be free enough to hold the government wrong on definite accounts," he said.

"Laws like sedition are draconian in nature and has no relevance in contemporary time," Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi, who was also present on the occasion, said.
Clearly the cabal of Maino's with their cheerleaders in this man, dont think twice about suppressing Baba Ramdev, for asking govt to tackle corruption, but has no problems supporting Overground workers of murdering Maoists, even when they are openly asking for those who work against Indian nation to be strengthened.

Should this also be allowed under "different views on nationalism and presence of a strong moral compass"
Sanku ji , actually sedition laws should be done away with , but only when constitution is amended to provide right of free expression and free speech to each and every citizen.If some one has to indulge in sedition let him/her do so.But then we can also analyse ideologies and political movements masquerading as religions in threadbare detail.

Right now if I publish a honest biography on Muhammad , I can land in jail for disturbing communal harmony.

Hence I am all for free speech provided the sonia cabal has the guts to implement so.Most of the sedition laws pertaining to speech will be nullified by default.

Ofcourse the singapore based Pontificator in chief will have his own ideas about how Binayak sen is right but free speech is not required.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

darshhan wrote: Sanku ji , actually sedition laws should be done away with , but only when constitution is amended to provide right of free expression and free speech to each and every citizen.
Darshanji; Sedition and free speech are two slightly different matters, if you notice carefully, the turds including Abhishek Manu Singhvi are using "free speech" as a excuse to allow sedition.

What they want is that free speech is still suppressed, but sedition allowed.

They think they are particularly clever and pull a fast one on the rest.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Sanku wrote:
darshhan wrote: Sanku ji , actually sedition laws should be done away with , but only when constitution is amended to provide right of free expression and free speech to each and every citizen.
Darshanji; Sedition and free speech are two slightly different matters, if you notice carefully, the turds including Abhishek Manu Singhvi are using "free speech" as a excuse to allow sedition.

What they want is that free speech is still suppressed, but sedition allowed.

They think they are particularly clever and pull a fast one on the rest.
They do have a point. The Constitution does not clearly state any set of values that can be used to deny any ideology. So, if there is a religion or an ideology that claims that the rashtra must give supreme power to that religion or to the ideologues - it cannot be sedition.

They cannot allow completely "free speech" because that may expose their agenda or expose the falsity of their logic or claims. But they need to remove the "sedition" aspect which is the only clause that can be used to target any ideology that seeks to get control over the rashtra.

Marxists, EJ's and Islamists need the current rashtra to increase their strength further. So at this stage they are not really against the rashtra - all they want is insulation, from a legalistic viewpoint, of their ideological claims on absolute rashtryia power.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Original posted by krisna....

India in Slumber: A Nation of Honi M’agel MK Dhar
I would like to share that resilience is the noun form of the verb root resile. One meaning of resile means: Move back in a roughly opposite direction after an impact. Resilience always does not mean elasticity. The media and the political pundits may please keep this in mind.
Dear Honis’ may note that reaction of Mumbaikars and other Indians is not resilience. They are not elastic rubber strips that rebound to original shape after distension. People are compelled to go out of home to earn bread, pursue studies, attend their business and swallow their anger. Anger is not an easily digestible emotion.
If the governments are ready to hear the truth about people’s anger, they may learn about three strains of burning hell-fire in people’s mind: a. accumulation of hatred against a religious minority community; b. lack of confidence in government for failing to restrain the rogue nation of Pakistan; c. anger against systemic failure of the intelligence security machineries and other tools of governance. According to them ‘lack of resilience’ may mean large scale communal carnage and lack of confidence in the present political and governance systems. If rational deductions are drawn from this, it may lead to escalation of ‘Hindu terrorism’, as witnessed in certain incidents. That also may lead to the embedded seed of wider social and national divide and civil strife. No one should forget that creation of Pargya Thakur and Aseemanand type ultras is governed by Newton’s Third Law of Motion: every action has equal reaction. A leader like Digvijay may take fresh lesson from Newton’s theory that is still universally valid.
In the midst of cacophony of confusion certain Muslim organizations have warned the government not to brand any Muslim terror outfit till definite clues were established. Honoring their secular sentiment Chidambaram has ruled that the government was not leaving any option out. If no clue is found than the most convenient goat to sacrifice might be another Modi or Hindu extremists. Certain Muslim organizations in Delhi and central India have already started a whispering campaign on this line. Hope there would be no buyer.
Well! I am not a neuro-specialist to certify that such analysts are having periodical waves in their brains, determined by who pays for the Scotch. India could as well internationally isolate Pakistan by refusing to talk, despite US pressure. Can the US press Pakistan to kill all the terrorist protagonists? Obviously not. It can temporarily tighten the money string. Ultimately USA too would succumb to Pakistani blackmailing. What compulsion India has to succumb to Pakistani bullying? Simply because one Manmohan Singh wants peace with Pakistan during his tenure!
Counter terrorism is a dangerous game of wit. Terrorist are always steps ahead of intelligence. Most IB ground officers lack in tradecraft knowledge and superior wit to beat the terror modules and cells. In most places they do not have even access capability.
In case the armed paramilitary forces are deducted from the existing police strength it would appear that India has one policeman for nearly 5000 people. How can effective policing be performed with this kind of civil police strength? The country needs nearly over 3 million additional civil police for appropriate policing. In a burgeoning economy internal stability and law and order play an important role. This cardinal factor is overlooked by the central and state governments. Expenditure on policing is intricately related to steady growth.
A study indicates that in average a constable aspirant has to pay minimum rupees 2 lac bribe. A sub-inspector aspirant has to pay minimum rupees 5 lac as bribe. Besides this the political masters mint money out of recruitment at different levels. In addition to that the politicians demand huge money from Dy. SP to sub-inspector ranks for posting and transfer to ‘lucrative’ stations. Having entered the force by paying huge bribes, the average policeman leans on the pockets of criminals, mafia gangs and common citizen. Collection of hafta from street vendors, shop keepers and common people is a widely spread disease. A dishonest force is a vulnerable force.
The civil police lower ranks are recruited from various backgrounds and are not well trained in investigation, counterterrorism, and gathering ground intelligence from local BCs (bad characters), HOs (habitual offenders) and even watchful community people. Community policing has not been integrated with Indian policing system. A lower rank is not well compensated for nearly 12-16 hour duty. He looks out for ‘extra income’ through devious channels. Moreover, the Indian police have not yet overcome the colonial hangover and treat common citizen as suspects and milking cows.
Terror related intelligence has three broad divisions: Strategic- advance intelligence regarding location of terror modules and cells and their foreign linkages; Tactical actionable intelligence-advance intelligence about immediate plan and programme of the terrorists; Research and analysis. While some of these aspects are covered by the IB, the state police intelligence lack in expertise in these aspects of tradecraft.
In brief, what messages do we get from the jihadi attacks and acts of political and administrative non-action, proxy war that destroy national fabric, infuse separatism in sections of the Muslims; arouse competitive Hindu resurgence and common citizen’s loss of trust in the governing political and systemic tools?

The messages are simple.

• India is not ready to wake up to the reality that all “M-words” are not secular and all “H-words” are not communal.
• The political parties are required to abandon the street-urchin-psychology of opposing every action of political rivals.
• The State of India and its intelligence and police forces are not adequate to meet jihadist threat. India lacks in systemic tools to fight foreign inspired jihadist elements.
• India refused to accept that sections of its own citizen have been subverted by Pakistani and pre-Hasina Bangladeshi intelligence outfits and jihadi tanzeems.
• India has failed to stop Bangladeshi migration flood.
• The country lacks efficient anti-terrorist Act, faster criminal jurisprudence system and united political will.
• Some political parties continue to suffer from appeasement policy that encourage and embolden the jihadists.
• The State of India is unable to thwart foreign intervention in India’s internal security affairs through diplomatic, geostrategic and military actions.
• Muslim separatism is gaining strength and is being encouraged by certain actions and inactions of the governing tools and by machinations of the neighboring countries.
• Jihad has come to stay and grow in Indian mainland trying to defeat the country from within
• Citizens are losing faith in the governing capability of Indian political and administrative systems.
National Security cannot be made a part of political ideology and historical day-dreaming of unity of the people. Jihad can be fought with actual understanding of the harsh realities and not on the basis of mantras like “ostrich-secularism.”

Indian States (provinces) are not prepared with trained, equipped and motivated and dedicated Intelligence Wings that can take care of jihadi thrusts. Police Intelligence is simply out of date and not tuned to tackle jihadi and terrorist thrusts. They are caught napping all the time.

The Central Intelligence Bureau can perform well. Their abnormal deficiency has occurred because the governments have failed to give more trained, equipped and motivated manpower to the IB. A Security Assistant in IB is equated with a dak delivery peon, process server and daftary, so is the police constable. Why would a process server risk his life for fighting terrorism? How can the citizenry expect protection from a daftary? The nation should not expect best out of a force that is treated by 150 year old civil administration as chaprasis. Motivation is linked to service condition. Absence of Unified Anti-terror law has impeded the methodology of prevention and investigation. Proliferation of agencies has created jurisdictional turf war.

Political color of the government decide attitude of enforcing agencies to jihadist organizations and situations. A Chief Minister in UP decides in his wisdom that SIMI is not a terrorist organization, though the Supreme Court has told SIMI, “You are a terrorist organization.” The government in Kolkata refused to react till a prominent businessman was kidnapped and part of ransom money was used by the ISI in 9/11 attack on America and attack on US Consulate. Political color should not affect war against jihad and terrorism. Hindu resilience should not be taken for granted.

The madrasas, maktabs and certain schools teach hate-campaign. This is required to be monitored and corrective measures are required to be taken. A section of Muslims in India have been infected by jihadi ideology. This is being exploited by Pakistan. Minority pampering is not the answer. The community leaders must be sensitized that rooting of jihadism may harm them in the long run.

India requires something like Homeland Security Act and ancillary administrative, intelligence and investigation agencies. Today even POTA is not enough. Indian political breed should stop thinking in terms of Hindu-Muslim relationship as it existed between the times of Sir Sayid Ahmad and M. A. Jinnah. If we cannot respond as one nation and one people and at the slightest allegation that only Muslims are being targeted in the name of anti-terrorist actions, India cannot avoid looming greater catastrophe.

The damn truth is: what is happening in India is not terrorism. It is jihadist action directed at dividing India.

Is India prepared to face the facts that the international jihadists and subverted Indian Muslims are trying to impose jihad as the final acts of redemption of Islamic glory that once ruled India?

If that be so, let us compose a requiem to Motherland India.
excellent but long article. requires political will with statemenship, not competitive vote bank politics which is sorely lacking today.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

X-post from west asia dhaaga
shyamd wrote:^^ Thanks! and about PRC - Exactly!

'Funds for terror activities come from Saudi'
HYDERABAD: In early 1990s when Syed Salahuddin visited a hospital in the city where his relative was admitted, he was struck by what he felt was bias against his community. The nurse and other staff at the hospital did not respond to him the way they should have, he felt.

Growing up, he saw the demolition of Babri Masjid and soon joined the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), an organisation that was banned in 2001.

He became a prominent leader in SIMI and in 1999, became the all-India president of the outfit.

Presently in the custody of Andhra Pradesh police after he was brought from Ujjain jail recently, Salahuddin’s five-day custody came to an end on Tuesday.

Intelligence agencies grilled him on various aspects including his alleged role in Nov 2002 bomb blast at Sai Baba Temple at Dilsukhnagar.

Salahuddin denied involvement in the offence. “My name appeared in the media and I fled. But I do not know why my name was being linked.” Salahuddin fled to Dubai in 2002 and worked as a civil engineer before his arrest by Dubai authorities on charges of cheating.

He further told interrogators from counter intelligence cell, Intelligence Bureau and National Investigating Agency: “Most agencies think that Dubai is the hub for fundamentalists and terrorists but it is not. It is Saudi Arabia where all meetings take place and it is from here that all funds are received for terror activities.”

Narrating his experience while working as a civil engineer in Dubai, 40-year-old Salahuddin said that Dubai government keeps a strong surveillance on where religious gatherings are held. He added that the Dubai jails are pathetic. “In the jails, there is not even space to spread your legs. It is pathetic.”

Salahuddin, who says he is a Deobandi said that jihadis, including some former SIMI members and Indian Mujahideen are all Ahle-Hadees (who owe allegiance to Wahabi sect of Islam). He said he did not know about the present IM network but said that most members of the banned outfit have either joined Popular Front of India while some others have joined Wahadat-e-Islami. Salahuddin, who was earlier well known for his motivating speeches among SIMI cadres,termed the recent Mumbai blasts as “not correct”. “I want to do my bit to change the society for good. But the bias still exists everywhere in day-to-day life,” he said.
bolding mine, so SIMI has transformed itself into Popular front of India prominent in Kerala and Indian Mujahideen. The origins kerala terrorist linkages can be found right here.