The Red Menace

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Re: The Red Menace

Post by brihaspati »

as usual p-secs can never get out of the habit of lying blatantly -each time recalling things incorrectly - maybe a case of growing Alzheimers ? This is the third time that p-sec liar tries to say that the dispute was about "sarani" in rural areas - but it in reality it was about "saran"! :rotfl:

So our p-secs gained knowledge of IAS/IPS by googling! Wonderful! "nuances" of IAS/IPS?!!!!he doesn't know about the "central pool"? wah! :rotfl:
somnath
BRF Oldie

Post by somnath »

"Central cadre" now changes to "central pool" - the latter must have shown up on google! The meaning of which I am sure will need to be the subject of another google search....Beware of such "accidents" as appointments in the superior judiciary in India, which Google didnt show up accurately...

No end to the never-ending marvels of "uber nationalist" wisdom!

I guess "uber indic" experience of a really distant vintage dont lend to knowledge of Indian "civics"!
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

The cadre appointment is formally by states, but under the complicated rules can land up people in states different from their "home-state". But either by marriage or otherwise, there are opportunities for people to get out on deputation - and an unofficial "nuanced" framework exists, by which officers at odds with the "state" can get "out" without complying with "states" pressures. Moreover look up the procedures by which "states" can take "action" against those officers who defy. It needs "central" concurrence.

When the central services cadre mostly get crushed or trapped - is when "state" and "central" political rulers think the same - for example as in the Mukta-Panna oilfield scam. As far as I know at least one "central services" officer was the casualty. It was about awarding to Reliance wasn't it? So more typically happens in congress-leftie states with upa type regimes in power! Anyway - getting further and further OT!

Anyway p-secs do not seem to have direct experience or interaction with the "central-services"! What can we do! Ancient ideological rote-learning in support of congrez-leftie propaganda suits urban dhimmis engrossed in their selective urban cocoons. We and most people who live outside the cocoon have no need for such propagandists.
somnath
BRF Oldie

Post by somnath »

The downhill skiing opportunities with googling is enormous..

What started off as purported "central cadre" of IAS/IPS turned into "central pool" and now into "central services"...

IAS/IPS/IFoS - "central services"?! Obviously the difference between All India Services and Central Services is lost in googling! Its utterly hilarious :rotfl:

And yes, we have some more fun, this time about Mukta Panna fields being "awarded" to Reliance...Hmmm, a JV between RIL, BG and ONGC is now "RIL property"...This too comes from "deep indic insights" I guess! :wink:
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

The main point was about "central services" officer getting "crushed" when he made noises about the Mukta-panna transfer. The case is popularly often referred to as the transfer-scam to Reliance-Enron. This was in 1994, under Narasimha Rao's tenure so it comes under the congrez domain - with even Maha congrez-psedu-congrez stalwarts being primary actors in the state then.

Actually googling should have helped psec-liars! For example when declaring China-atheist [or was the comprefusion deliberate in an escape route for interpreting it also as Nepal - in that case it would be even more hilarious!]! :rotfl: The difference between integrity or some amount of character or spine on the one hand and p-secism on the other, is that the latter never acknowledges his mistakes, even when caught out cheating or lying blatantly. This is the congrez-leftie-dhimmi pseudo-secular pseudo-nationalist character!

Come on, after all this is a "Red" menace thread! Do the p-sec p-nationalists have that little bit of character or spine left to acknowledge the facts about "China" or "Nepal" being "atheist countries"? That the declaration was a lie - or out of the psec-leftie cocoon dream that mere presence of maoists or self-proclaimed-communists makes a country "atheist"? Or did google fail? Or perhaps where it is a matter of "communist faith" no amount of facts matter! :rotfl:

This issue was raised in the BD thread lamenting that "an atheist country" was "appropriating" "Buddhist legacy" while mocking/bashing up "Indic philosophies" [with a lowercase "i"] at the same time for not sponsoring a "Tagore world uni" in BD. [http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 7#p1132157 ]The clever congrez-leftie does not talk of similarly sponsoring a "Buddhist" uni in BD based on Mahasthangar for example! No talk of doing something based on the Hindu/Shaiva heritage in Nepal either! Oh no - that would be sacrilege against the communist "faith" system! This is the level to which p-seci pseudo-nationalism will sink to!
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Further what is interesting to note is that the p-sec communist dhimmis actually fail to notice the real absurdity in so-called "atheist countries" appropriating the "Buddhist legacy". If China is this "atheist country" - by recognizing "Buddhist" legacy it is then virtually acknowledging that "Buddhism" is something that remains so "strong" that it needs appeasing to gain greater control over Nepali society - which disqualifies Nepal as an atheist country. Same goes for "atheist Nepal" acknowledging its "Buddhist past". On the other hand, China also faces being dubbed non-atheist by sponsoring Buddhist heritage elsewhere [in fact a lot of renovation going on within China - perhaps p-secs need to study deeper than refusing to even google - which by the way seems to be the only source of info quoted by p-secs] - or it acknowledges its own Buddhist component or growing popularity of Buddhism within China.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

deleted by moderator
Last edited by archan on 21 Jul 2011 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mind you language sir. To the one who reported, thanks. It is only user help that can make this forum a better one.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Somnath wrote:
C'garh matches AP in raising IRBs, but lacks in everything else - primarily capacities (quality and quantity) of the police force...Compensates that by raising SJ..
I would like to see empirics for the assertion of "lacks in everything else." this is a huge statement to make. and not to be made lightly. what is the evidence of this?

another point to note is, if "media image" of AP being better at "fighting" naxals is to be believed, then there has to be some evidence of it. what makes AP better at fighting Naxals? or perhaps, is it that Naxals have been "directed" to focus on certain areas and leave other areas alone. I don't know how much knowledge you have of AP govt's dealings with Naxals, but I will tell you one thing: when AP cracks down on Naxals, entire Naxal movement is threatened, and the tempo of their activities generally slows down. when Naxals are not "suppressed" in AP, they roam around freely and accumulate weapons, and "assets" to coordinate their activities across the Naxal corridor from AP to Bihar.

once again, I'm not sure how much you know about the Naxal movement in AP and its history, but let me also inform you that, all through the 90's and until 2004, when TDP was in power, Naxal threat levels gradually went down. TDP was instrumental in ruthlessly crushing these elements. Madhava Reddy, the famous politician (and back then, the 2nd most powerful leader in AP behind Chandra Babu Naidu), was killed in a revenge attack by Naxals.

fast forward to 2004, and the first thing YSR does after coming to power is "open" talks with Naxals. this was the single most disastrous step taken by any State Govt over the past 20 years, in dealing with Naxals. not that Naxals weren't involved in talks before, but these talks were gradually phased out and ultimately abandoned b/c they were going nowhere. and most importantly, the Naxals were disgraced b/c even during these talks they would go around killing people, which they initially said they would not do.

in 2004, YSR, the madarc***, started giving speeches about "solving" the Naxal problem. about how Naxals wanted peace and not violence. and eventually opens talks. in Telugu there is a saying, "budidalo posina panneeru," which basically means the "sweet nectar poured on a dirty road." Maoists then freely went around reestablishing their networks of contacts, supari men, safe houses, and weapons suppliers. the next step, they went back to the tried and tested method of "hit list" which was infamous back in the 90's. this is an intimidation tactic whereby opposition to Naxals is softened by "leaking" selective info about the possibility of somebody being on the "hit list."

all through YSR's administration, he lets them walk around freely, in return for leaving AP alone. this is the dirty secret of AP's so called "success" against Naxals. AP is like the logistical power base of Naxals. it is a large state with a large population, significant development issues in certain parts, increasing pressure from EJ's, thick dense forests in sparsely populated terrain (Nallamalla forests). basically, the perfect place for an "underground" insurgency which aims to overthrow the Indian state.

ironically, if the state machinery was serious, this is also the place to "focus" on, to destroy the insurgency. I confidently say that, if a day ever comes when Naxals are destroyed in AP (both State and Center being unforgiving to them no matter which party is in power), then Naxalism will cease to exist as anything more than isolated acts of terror, which ultimately yield nothing and are snuffed out.
Last edited by archan on 21 Jul 2011 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: careful with expletives
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

darshhan ji,
perhaps edit out the female canine epithet! :P and semen. I fully appreciate your underlying sentiment but no reason to provide excuses to be halaaled. The names are given by admins so we should perhaps let them be. There have been attempts at twisting forumite names in the past - I myself faced this, but to be fair, it was immediately locked on to by admins. We are all hurt by the constant and consistent belittling attempts of anything deemed "Indic" from this p-sec voice. We can perhaps ignore and try not to respond and join in any discussion on anything coming from this source. But problem is the lies and the propaganda - and the steadfast refusal to acknowledge mistakes, lies and deliberate misrepresentations. This sometimes necessitates rejoinders.

In fact the forum was dragged into a lot of personal name-callings and attacks as retaliation because of this particular source's arrogance, sweeping personal denigration remarks and blanket epithet application to anyone who disagreed with him. Any bully is all the more distasteful because he always seems to "win" - either by bashing you up, or forcing you to sink down to his level and overcome him by his own tools - and thereby adopting the same dirt as himself.

Something particularly galling and disturbing as to the character profiles of those who populate p-sec corridors.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

^^I sincerely apologise if I offended anyone.I will control myself in future.Although it is not easy to do so when nation's enemies(both foreign and domestic) are provoking you continuously.

But having said that, I accept my responsibility to adhere to BRF regulations.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Rudradev wrote: Stan, I cannot find the Indian Express report anywhere... or any other mention of this "decision to deploy" 65,000 troops by the Army, except in SATP.
These kindsa reports have been floating with different numbers. I remember a toi report under the name of Josy Joseph with 50K Army figures sometime back. The MHA report for 2010-11 and the plan outlay for the period ending Mar 2011 have no mention of this. The next AAP is not due in a while. The closest mention I could see in AAP-IV is for setting up of COIN and Anti-Terrorism (CIAT) schools in different states. Which is probably what got the goat of some of the anti-Op Green Hunt apparatchiks, who wanted to put a spade in the works by making it a rallying war-cry. Possible, not out of the CT realms.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Chhattisgarh to absorb SPOs in police - TOI

Posting in full
RAIPUR: Less than three weeks after the Supreme Court held that the appointment of tribal men as special police officers (SPOs) was unconstitutional, the Chhattisgarh government on Friday lowered the educational qualifications for adivasi youth for constabulary jobs in the police and armed force.

The state cabinet passed the order that education up to Class V will make applicants eligible for constabulary; the earlier requirement was clearing Class X. The announcement comes weeks after the Supreme Court order led to the disarming of SPOs — nearly 5,000 tribal men hired on a temporary basis on less than one-third the salary of a constable and deployed in anti-Maoist operations. The court said they were being used as "canon fodder in the killing fields of Dantewada".

Chief minister Raman Singh said, "Eighty percent of the SPOs will become constables. For the remaining 20% we would try and get them to clear through open school."

The decision is widely seen as the government's way to circumvent the court's order. By lowering educational criteria, over a staggered period, all SPOs can now be absorbed in the regular police force.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110725/j ... 284151.jsp

Informers killed after kangaroo court trial
Ranchi, July 24: A Maoist kangaroo court branded six villagers police informers, shot dead two and relegated three to house arrest in Latehar last week. The sixth “accused” managed to escape after trial.

Sources said the rebels held court twice — on July 21 and yesterday — at Sarju forests, 20km from the district headquarters in Garu police station area, to punish the six who had apparently helped the police during Operation Parakram earlier this month.

Sources said Anil Oraon (24), a resident of Lai village in Garu, and Arun Yadav (35) of Kone village under sadar police station were shot dead on July 21.

Identified as first-time “offenders”, Ashok Oraon (20) of Patratu village in Garu, Rajendra Oraon (22) of Lai and Bhola Oraon (20) of Gotang village, also in Garu, were given a punishment less severe yesterday. The trio were told not to leave their respective villages for two years.

Pappu Lohra (30), a resident of Kone village, managed to escape from the clutches of the Maoists. Sources could not say how and when. “The six were abducted on July 20 from their villages at gunpoint. While the killings took place after a kangaroo court on July 21 night, three were banned from leaving their villages two days later,” a source said.

Sources, however, quoted North Koyal Sankh zone spokesperson of the CPI(Maoist) Deenbandhuji. “Those punished were branded as paid police informers who helped in Operation Parakram against Maoists from July 2 to July 7, in which a training camp and a gun factory were destroyed,” he was quoted as saying.

It is further maintained that the place where the rebels held court is surrounded by steep hillocks. “The location was almost inaccessible for Latehar police,” a source said.

On why the Maoists killed two and let off three, the source said: “The relaxation was given as it was their first mistake committed under police pressure.”
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The decision by the CG govt to absorb the SPOs in the regular policy force is a welocme one. It will create a dedicated cader that is directed properly by the state and backed up by the centrel forces will crush the naxal threat in short order.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Pratyush wrote:The decision by the CG govt to absorb the SPOs in the regular policy force is a welocme one. It will create a dedicated cader that is directed properly by the state and backed up by the centrel forces will crush the naxal threat in short order.
Need to simultaneously bring up their educational levels and skills also.

Special classes and like are called for, otherwise they will remain un promotable lower level cannon fodder.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

From http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110729/j ... 304676.jsp

I'm not sure how robbing poor primary school teachers and murdering them helps tribal people, but Nandini Sundar will perhaps explain to us, why these people are NOT criminals...
Salboni, July 28: Several primary school teachers in West Midnapore’s Jungle Mahal area have sought transfer in the face of Maoist “threats and extortion”.

Since Mamata Banerjee’s government assumed charge on May 20, anti-Maoist operations in Jungle Mahal have stopped, allowing the rebels the opportunity to regroup and “start atrocities against teachers again”.

In the past 15 days, at least 26 teachers have submitted applications to the district chairman of the primary education board seeking transfer out of the Maoist-affected zone. A spokesperson of the All Bengal Primary Teachers’ Association (ABPTA) said more teachers were planning to apply for transfer.

Gurupada Barman, the headmaster of a primary school 8km from Jhargram town, said Maoists had extorted huge sums of money from him through activists of the People’s Committee Against Police Atrocities. “In the past two and a half years, the Maoists have extorted money from me twice. Recently, PCPA activists again demanded Rs 50,000,” Barman, 50, said.

“I have appealed to the district chairman of the primary education board to transfer me to a school in Jhargram town, where Maoists don’t have a presence,” he added.

Nagen Soren, who teaches in a school 10km from Jhargram, has not been going to work for the past two months fearing Maoist attacks. “Two months ago, a group of Maoists entered my school and threatened to kill the teachers if they did not pay money every month,” Soren, 34, said.

The teacher of a school near Salboni, Prabin Mahato, said: “Between January 2009 and August 2010, the Maoists had forced me to pay Rs 3,000 each month to them. Two henchmen of Maoist leader Bikash used to come to my school and collect the money from me and my two colleagues.”

Police sources said that during this period, the Maoists had murdered 22 primary school teachers either for having links with the CPM or for refusing to pay up.

But the instances of extortion decreased when the joint forces intensified their anti-Maoist operations in end-2010. Rebel coercion had stopped completely after the arrival of central forces in the run-up to the Assembly elections.

Intelligence reports said that with the withdrawal of the central forces who had been deployed on poll duty and the freeze on anti-Maoist operations, the rebels were re-entering Jungle Mahal. “The Maoists require funds to regroup. Schoolteachers are soft targets as they have an assured monthly source of income,” an intelligence officer said.

ABPTA secretary Biswanath Mandal said there were about 1,200 primary schools in the Jungle Mahal area of West Midnapore. “As it is, the schools are understaffed. There are around 1,800 teachers although there are 2,500 posts. Around 400 teachers have complained of Maoist atrocities and have either sought transfer or are planning to do so,” he said. “The teachers are under tremendous mental pressure. Studies are getting affected.”
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

From http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 331946.cms

Naxalites sexually exploit girls in squad, says arrested member
LOHARDAGA, JHARKHAND: Sunita Kumari alias Shanti, an active member of the CPI (Maoist) group headed by Akshay Kherwar alleged that senior CPI (Maoist) leaders in the Koel-Shankh zone committee sexually exploit women in their squad.

Sub divisional police officer Ram Gulam Sharma said that 22-yr-old Sunita was wanted in Kisko police station in different cases. "She, as a team member of Akshay Kherwar, was involved in making Maoists bunker and hiding explosive wire that police had recovered on March 11," said Sharma.

"Sunita told police that she was forcefully taken in Maoists squad by its leader Akshay while she had been to Putrar village under Kisko police station during Holi festival. She also named Seema, Sitamuni, Rekha and Rehana who, too were forcibly taken to the squad and were being sexually exploited by the leaders," said the SDPO.

He added that Sunita was sent to Chhattisgarh with Eklal Lohra for a special training where Maoists had blown a police vehicle killing five police men just to train her how to damage security forces.

"She stated in the confession that she along with other girls was sexually exploited several times. Sunita was once abort in a nursing home near sadar hospital and Maoist leader Akshay had paid Rs 15,000 for it and had also managed her rest in Rajasthan for a month. When a girl wanted to return home leaving the squad she had shot her dead following the orders of the Commander," Sharma said.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Anindya wrote:From http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110729/j ... 304676.jsp

I'm not sure how robbing poor primary school teachers and murdering them helps tribal people, but Nandini Sundar will perhaps explain to us, why these people are NOT criminals...
I did not understand what is the relation between Hindu editor Siddarth Vardarajan's wife and robbing primary school teachers, has she justified these Maoists actions in the past? I am aware is she is one of those JNU types supporting Maoists(claiming to hate America but becoming a naturalised American Citizen).
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Nandini is a proactive supporter of Maoists - I've seen her multiple times on NDTV etc. defending the, One particular incident remains quite vivid in my mind - after the rail sabotage that killed about 150 people in WB, she came on TV and declared that Maoists/Naxalites are not criminals.

She's also written an article in Outlook not that long ago, where she declares the police to be rapists/sexual exploiters and does not put any such blame on the Maoists.

She has a long history of speaking for Maoists in the media. I would not be surprised if she's an OGW for them.
Last edited by Anindya on 29 Jul 2011 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Wasnt madam Nalini named( in a poor light) in some report on internal security or some such thing which caused her and hubby to appear on TV and rave and rant against fascism?

Vaguely recall that she had got into trouble with either centre or state on the maoist issue..
Div
BRFite

Post by Div »

A long but interesting interview from the mid-80s with Yuri Bezemenov, an ex-KGB agent who was deployed in India. Some parts of the interview focus on India, the rest is about propaganda tactics in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtVyM7LORvY
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/repeal-sedit ... 041-3.html

Repeal sedition law completely: Binayak Sen
"In a free democracy like India, every person should be free enough to hold the government wrong on definite accounts," he said.

"Laws like sedition are draconian in nature and has no relevance in contemporary time," Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi, who was also present on the occasion, said.
Clearly the cabal of Maino's with their cheerleaders in this man, dont think twice about suppressing Baba Ramdev, for asking govt to tackle corruption, but has no problems supporting Overground workers of murdering Maoists, even when they are openly asking for those who work against Indian nation to be strengthened.

Should this also be allowed under "different views on nationalism and presence of a strong moral compass"
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Book Review in Pioneer:

Archival Record of Left Politics

Archival record of Left politics
July 30, 2011 9:09:06 PM

Left politics in Bengal
Author: Monobina Gupta
Publisher: Orient Blackswan
Price: Rs 245

Monobina Gupta, once an ardent CPI(M) supporter, tears into the politics of communist deception and betrayal, writes Anuradha Dutt

The bloody agitations at Nandigram, Singur and Lalgarh exposed the true nature of the CPI(M)-led Government in West Bengal: A revanchist in radical clothing. This explains the sub-title of Monobina Gupta’s book— ‘Time Travels among Bhadralok Marxists’. Gupta, a CPI(M) supporter once and a conscientious witness of its shenanigans, tears into its politics, deceptions and final betrayal. Drawing from the archives as well as her own experiences and encounters as a reporter, she refrains from sugar-coating the bitter truth about Left politics in Bengal. The massacre of East Bengal refugees in Marichjhanpi in the Sundarbans, almost two years after the swearing-in of the Jyoti Basu Government in June 1977, was a precursor to the events mentioned above, though separated by three decades. Then, refugees, whom the communists had won over by their sympathy, were brutally evicted from this island after they ascended to power on the grounds that they had been placed there by the foreign hand. Thirty years later, to implement economic reforms, foisted on India by the same hand, the communists fell upon the very people, whose support kept them in power for over three decades.

In the wake of the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress-Congress combine thrashing the Left Front in the Assembly elections in May, resulting in a non-communist Government in West Bengal after 34 years, Gupta’s book acquires special relevance. This is because throughout its incisive analysis of Left politics in West Bengal, detailing acts of commission and omission, the underlying refrain points at a debacle for the reigning communist forces in the May elections. The prognosis being correct, updating the book may be a good idea. Left leaders and ideologues would do well to read it, to understand how erstwhile supporters, ranging from peasants, the working class to artistes and intellectuals, view them: The original idealism being diluted and compromised over three decades, owing to the compulsions of realpolitik, so that ostensibly hard-core communists morph into unabashed free market proponents, at par with the Congress and their bête noire BJP. Worse, they continue to parrot Left-wing jargon while doing quite the opposite, and deploying Stalinist methods on their vote-banks in Bengal in a bid to wrest land from them for industries, and forcibly crush resistance.

The gulf between appearance and reality is so wide that former Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee’s show of surprise at the rout, terming it unexpected, if considered a gauge of the top leadership’s understanding of events, suggests that the rot runs deep. A moribund Left, still dominated by the CPI(M), the biggest component, would need complete re-hauling from the top if it is sincere about mending its fortunes. A line of thought that the writer skims over is that perhaps the red bastion was willfully sabotaged by comrades themselves, buckling down to free market pressures. The presence of moles in the given polity is not unusual, particularly in the case of ideology which is transposed from alien climes. For, after implementing Operation Barga, which entailed land reforms, hinging on giving land to some of the landless, and promoting share-cropping, the CPI(M)-led State Government stopped short of taking the process of eradicating social iniquities to its logical end. In fact, land acquisition at Nandigram and Singur for the Indonesian Salim Group and the Tata Group, respectively, reversed the measures initiated by Operation Barga. Many peasants were forced to give up land, doled out to them by the Government. The ruling regime, quite like other State Governments post-economic liberalisation, was reduced to functioning as a facilitator for real estate deals, brokered by powerful business interests.

Why, then, did the communists backtrack? This, contends Gupta, possibly owes to the fact of landowners and landlords exercising control over the CPI(M) even though it sheds tears in public over the plight of peasants, landless and the dispossessed. It is an interesting theory, accounting for the Left’s proximity to kulak-dominated parties such as the Rashtriya Janata Dal, the Samajwadi Party and other so-called socialist factions. It also explains why the Left has consistently been supporting reservations for OBCs, whose principal beneficiaries, as everyone knows, are rich farming communities, and not the most backward classes, which, in the absence of land-holdings, eke out a subsistence-level existence. In the ultimate analysis, its rhetoric is all sound and fury. Like other status quoists parties, the CPI(M) works to preserve existing social equations. Talk of ‘revolution’ is merely a ploy to capture power with the support of the toiling majority.

The writer comes down harshly on the Karat duo, dictating the strange trajectory of CPI(M) politics since the fading away of stalwarts Harkishan Singh Surjeet and Jyoti Basu. Their ascent has been synchronous with the party’s decline. While Basu, as Chief Minister, did nothing after the initial land reforms, Bhattacharjee, his successor, on the pretext of spurring industrial revival, tried to do something but with disastrous consequences. Contempt — voters’ as much as the analyst’s — rounds up the saga.
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

Nod for specialized force in Red zones A s development works are increasingly becoming targets of Maoists in their strongholds, the government will now raise a new 13,000-strong force called the Specialized India Reserve Battalions (SIRBs). The new security team will have both security and engineering components to execute development works in Red Zones. “The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has approved the raising of 10 new SIRBs and conversion of three into SIRBs,” home minister P Chidambaram said. Between 2007 and 2011, the Maoists had attacked as many as 1,241 ‘economic targets’, damaging railway properties, telephone exchanges/towers, electricity lines, power plants, roads across nine states.
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/ ... wMode=HTML

Excellent move by the Govt. IMHO. Once force which can execute projects as well as guard against Naxal terrorists will be very helpful. There is good reason why these pigs are so insecure about cell phone towers , roads , bridges , power etc. This type of terror can only be tackled by more and more modern Infra. in the regions.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

UPA, BJP agree: SC’s Naxal order guided by ideology
Fri Aug 05 2011, New Delhi:

Finding fault with the recent Supreme Court order banning the use of Special Police Officers (SPOs) in the fight against Naxalism, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said the order seemed to have been guided by the “ideology of its authors” and stepped on a subject that fell exclusively in the domain of the government.

Home Minister P Chidambaram lent the government’s support to the criticism, saying that he “agreed entirely” with the BJP leader on this issue.

Making an intervention during a discussion on internal security in the Upper House, Jaitley brought up the recent order while dwelling on the subject of left-wing extremism. “I must say I am extremely disturbed with the recent pronouncement of the Supreme Court (on the issue),” he said.

“Since 1861 onwards (since the establishment of the Indian Police Act, 1861), community members are actively encouraged to aid and help the civilian police. Village defence committees have been active in many states for a number of years. The concept of SPOs and these committees is that since police cannot be present everywhere all the time, members of the community must come forward to contribute in safeguarding itself,” Jaitley said.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Chetak, I guess that rests the case as far the SPO order is considered.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Aditya_V wrote:Chetak, I guess that rests the case as far the SPO order is considered.
The SC through some ideologically motivated folks connected with the institution is displaying an increasingly vocal and motivated bias towards the Indian state and its peoples.

IMVHO, this is not right and its very unfortunate for all concerned.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

Will this mean that in a rare display of bi-partisanship the supreme court judgement will be overruled bu the parliament of India.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

TV9 recorded interview with Muppala Lakshmana Rao alias Ganapathy, the General Secretary of the CPI Maoist's. The interview is in Telugu. No big surprises. The usual propaganda about "Government's unjust war on people" and the ba$tard also says that his party "strongly supports" the "Kashmiri struggle" against Indian Govt.

Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Could nt figure out everything, but too dramatic a background score (added by TV9 I guess).

Sounds neatly choreographed for max PR stunts, the buggers are not running around, they are very stable and comfortable in their hideouts (mostly city areas, I can guess). Most likely, he is reading from a prepared script. Even the TV9 reporter seems to be reading from a script. I have seen a similar script posted at the usual outlets under the name of Gudsa Usendi.

PS: His voice does nt sound like a 55+ y.o. guy's.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Some news about Ganapathy. My friend's dad worked for state agency in telangana area. So he had to help out one naxal when he was stabbed brutally by another nasal gang because Ganapathy called him. He had to arrange a doctor to save this scum.
When my friend's dad retired and working for a real estate company, he had a phone call fom Ganapathy. He offered 5 crore investment to start his own business with 50-50 profit sharing. The offer was rejected.

Imagine that! These people can invest 5 crores. Wonder how many such benami businesses are they running!
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Stan_Savljevic wrote: I have seen a similar script posted at the usual outlets under the name of Gudsa Usendi.
Isnt Gudsa Usendi the alias for the spokesperson of "Dadakaranya special zone" ? Currently its Katta Ramachandra Reddy , i guss !
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Gudsa Usendi is a broad alias under which different people pen their "op-eds" in the propaganda department (yes, that is the exact name of the department) of the maoists. While Azad used to write many a piece, there are claims that others (including ogws, student "researchers" with a jholawala tag) have contributed under this nom de plume.

PS: I can guess that Gudsa Usendi stands for something with an internal meaning. Does it mean something in proper Telugu or in the version spoken in Telangana?
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:PS: I can guess that Gudsa Usendi stands for something with an internal meaning. Does it mean something in proper Telugu or in the version spoken in Telangana?
I think Gudsa Usendi has nothing to do with Telugu language.It was a real person's name, a Maoist cadre of Maria tribe from Chattisgarh who was killed by the Police.After his death, the spokesperson of Dandakaranya region took his name as alias and ever since all the propaganda is carried out with that alias.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

vijayk wrote: Imagine that! These people can invest 5 crores. Wonder how many such benami businesses are they running!
You can't even imagine.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Theft of India's resources - both Congress and BJP colluded
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?202841

DIAMONDS and politics make strange bedfellows. But not in Madhya Pradesh where they threaten to bring down a government as charges of corruption and a sell-out of national honour are being bandied about.

With the discovery of the most valuable stone on earth in Raipur, one of the poorest districts in the state, you have a curious cocktail of Chief Minister Digvijay Singh, intra-Congress dogfights, a muted state BJP and two gigantic international diamond cartels, De Beers from South Africa and CRA from Australia—all bickering over how the diamond source ought to be excavated.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

An important aspect of DigVijay. Should be noted. Perhaps the point when he got entangled and now possibly has to mouth things required by external forces.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

From Maoists hunt for dissidents
New Delhi, Aug. 7: Merciless retribution has alarmingly become the most common word in the savage lexicon of Bihar Maoists who are pulling out all the stops to target “deserters” and everyone even remotely connected to them.

This blood lust of the CPI(Maoist) was triggered by the murders of the outfit’s Jamui-Banka zonal leader and his associate by some “disgruntled” tribal cadres in Nagatoli, Rohtas. Around 13 tribal rebels also abandoned the outfit following the killing and was reportedly sheltered by Sugriv Kharwar, a former headman of Pipardih village, also in Rohtas. Kharwar even floated an organisation, the Kaimuranchal Jan Sena, for surrendered Maoist men.

He paid the penalty within a month. Some 30 rebels, led by one Munna Vishwakarma, barged into the house of one of his relatives in Bonda village of Rohtas in the afternoon of July 30 and hacked three persons to death. By July 22, the Bihar police reportedly had intelligence inputs from central agencies about Vishwakarma and his men on the move near the village, but the attack was not prevented.

On August 1, a police informer, Lakho Yadav, who played a key role in the arrest of some top-ranking rebels in the area, was also slaughtered by Maoists when he went to his native village in Rohtas. Another villager who only accompanied him was also murdered.

The savage hunt by Maoists is not restricted to Bihar alone. At Gadchiroli in Maharashtra, Maoists have killed a couple of mentally deranged men, accusing them of being police informers. The heads of victims were bludgeoned with stones, suggesting the degree of hatred.

In Chhattisgarh, after a July 5 Supreme Court verdict disarmed SPOs, the Maoists have spoken in twin tones. On the one hand, they are threatening SPOs with dire consequences, on the other hand, they made announcements asking SPOs to embrace Naxalism.

“These are incidents that should cause concern because Maoists are on a killing spree. Look at Gadchiroli or the fate of SPOs. There is systematic targeting,” said an officer.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Seal inter-state borders in Naxal-hit areas: Raman Singh
Stating that Naxalism has to end and there was "no way backwards" on this, the chief minister cautioned that one had to be prepared for a long-drawn battle to end the menace. On the Supreme Court judgement with regard to disarming the SPOs in Naxal-infested areas, Singh said, "While fully respecting the apex court judgement, we have issued an ordinance to form the Chhattisgarh Auxiliary Force whereby 6,000-odd tribals will be part of this force." He said, "If we disarm the SPOs, who will protect them and their families, who have already suffered many killings of their kin. The State has now provided them with uniform, better pay scales and insurance to live a life of dignity."

Citing the example of sandalwood smuggler Veerappan, who dodged police forces of three states for 12 years, the Chhattisgarh Chief Minister said, "I have thousands of Veerappan hiding in bigger jungles who are also armed with deadly weapons." Singh sought the Centre's help in tackling Naxalism asking for a Rs 125-crore package for upgrading firearm and bomb-detection technology in the state. "We do not have IED detection technology and are seeking the Centre's help in upgrading our technology." "If terrorism in Punjab could be solved, why not the problem of Naxalism," Singh said while suggesting an integrated plan of development in the affected areas.