Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Aug 05, 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rana
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Aug 05, 20

Post by Rana »

JE Menon wrote: For someone who fought in the 1971 war, the retired Brigadier looks remarkably young. :roll:
He probably was Second Lieutenant at that time. Those guys are ~61 now and some have made Brigadier rank, and the look fits.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

I have seen this a few times even with Dabur products. Especially some soaps and shampoos....it says on the packaging manufactured in UAE
What could be the reason for doing that? Is it export related issues from India?
Theo_Fidel wrote:The Pakis have caught on. Many products now come labeled as Made in Dubai or Packaged in Illinois or some such euphemism.

I realized this when I bought a curry masala packet 'Made in Dubai' only to open it and find the recipe list "Made in Pakistan'. You can't out Paki a Paki.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

You mean the guy in the picture looks 61? Or even 55? Like I said, if so, he looks remarkably young :)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote:Didn't some eminent DocJi on BR say US is scared of TSP?
What? One warning and so much triumph and relief? :D

Saar I can understand your anxiety about keeping US echandee high at a time of great shame. But warnings via newspaper are rubbish. Those warnings come after weeks and weeks of capitulation and I am not even beginning to count the number of US sourced articles that seek to blame India or get India to do something. check the back pages of this thread for that.

That entire SEAL team was wiped out with an RPG. And Kiyani gets a reward from a NATO ally. Unkil's hope of negotiating with Taliban was blown up by a turban bomb - making serious mockery of the level of security that the US has managed to get in. Bomb attacks in Kabul left right and center. If the US has the balls they should take out Haqqani themsleves rather than begging and pleading with Pakistan. This is the word's biggest super power right? 10,000 nuclear weapons. 14 carriers? F-22? Multitrillion dollar economy?

Come back and call me out by name when Haqqani is taken out. Bluster and bravado from the US sounds just like their ally, Pakistan. Chai biskoot only. Wake me up when something actually happens - if I am not dead from boredom or a Paki terror attack.
subodh
BRFite

Post by subodh »

Theo_Fidel wrote:The Pakis have caught on. Many products now come labeled as Made in Dubai or Packaged in Illinois or some such euphemism.

I realized this when I bought a curry masala packet 'Made in Dubai' only to open it and find the recipe list "Made in Pakistan'. You can't out Paki a Paki.

Or they get cute like this - http://www.gohunza.com/hunza.php

This is all over the high end groceries in the North East US.
Last edited by subodh on 21 Sep 2011 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SSridhar wrote:Public Recrimination against Pakistan must stop - Hina Rabbani Khar
:rotfl: Hina Rabbani Khar warns the US right back.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Deleted
Rana
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Rana »

Legitimizing Cold Blooded Murderers: The New Rave! Policy failures in Afghanistan, by John Bernard
http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/pu ... detail.asp
This is fruit of what I believe to be a deliberate effort to ignore the low probability of a trustworthy cooperation between not only the Afghan government and us, but certainly, the Pakistani government and us as well. If suggesting you can massage a snake long enough to safely extract venom without eventually getting bit is risky business then blindfolding yourself in the process is foolish.
The "open channel" was buffered by remonstrations by Hillary Clinton who demanded the Pakistan government attend to the situation, but it is certainly made hollow by the universal knowledge that this administration sees conflict resolution as sharing tea and goat meat at a "peace table" ...
The audacity of Pakistan in all of this could only be missed by the completely ignorant or naive.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted excerpts from the September 20, 2011 US Department of Defense (DOD) News Briefing with Secretary Panetta and Adm. Mullen from the Pentagon dealing with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s links, particularly those of the ISI / ISID, to Islamic Terrorists:
Q: After the series of attacks in Kabul, is there any greater U.S. willingness to take unilateral action against the Haqqanis across the border in Pakistan? And if not, what can you do about it?

SEC. PANETTA: Well, I made the point, and I think Mike Mullen has made the same point, that, look, we are going to take whatever steps are necessary to protect our forces. With -- and I’m not going to talk about, you know, particular strategies to, in fact, implement that commitment.

But our biggest concern right now is to put as much pressure as possible on the Pakistanis to exercise control from their side of the border. We’ve continued to state that this cannot happen. We cannot have the Haqqanis coming across the border, attacking our forces, attacking Afghanistan -- Afghanistanis and then disappearing back into a safe haven. That is not tolerable.

And we have urged them to take steps. Mike Mullen met with General Kayani recently to urge that same point. And we’ll continue to do that. I think they’re -- I think they’ve heard the message, but we’ll see.
Q: To go back to -- on the Haqqani, you know, Mr. Secretary, you said that think that the Pakistanis have heard your pleas about what needs to be done inside their borders, and that, Mr. Chairman, you met with Kayani. We’ve heard that for several years now, that we think they’ve heard us, but we want them to do more, and you’ve kept meeting with the general over and over again. Have you been wrong in this strategy of not having a harder fist with them, taking a tougher stand? Is there something else that could have been done that would have made -- have changed this narrative, after all this time?

ADM. MULLEN: I think the substance of the meeting just the other day, as well as the vast majority of meetings that I’ve had with General Kayani, have been to work towards a way that we can sustain the relationship. It’s going to go up and down. We’ve had a very tough patch here over the last several months.

I just -- I would want to reassure you that I addressed this issue very strongly with General Kayani the other night, last Friday night, when I met with him. It was the heart of the discussion, that the Haqqani -- the proxy connection to the ISI, the Haqqanis working across border, killing our people, killing Afghans, has to stop.

That’s not a new message, but it’s one that he clearly understands, and I think it’s one we have to keep reiterating.

All of that said, I think the strength of having met with him so many times is that we have sustained a relationship, you know, when things are going better as well as when things are not going well. And recently they haven’t gone well, but we’ve been able to sustain that and start to move it again in a more positive direction. But the clarity with which I addressed this issue, there just -- there can be no question and no doubt.

SEC. PANETTA: The approach has to be for Pakistan to continue to put pressure on them -- continue to put pressure on them. That’s what we’ve been doing over the last few years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t work. But the fact is that the most important thing we can do is keep the pressure on. Obviously, they cooperate with us in some areas. There are other areas where we have disagreements.

Very frankly, terrorism is as much a threat for them as it is for us. And we keep telling them, you can’t choose among terrorists. If you’re -- if you’re against terrorism, you have to be against all forms of terrorism. And that’s something we just have to continue to stress.
Read it all:

US DOD Transcript
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

US is a barking dog with respect to Pak.

bhow, bhow - today and next time, Pak will say bring the ball back (hafta) and US will crawl on its knees to give it.

The barking and licking has been there for quite some time, nothing changed and as the saying goes, barking dogs never bite.
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15007371
The commander of the Pakistani army in the restive north-western Swat region, Maj Gen Javed Iqbal, has been injured when his helicopter came under fire.

The attack has been blamed by the army on Taliban militants.

It says that the commander's helicopter was attacked in the hilly region of Barawal in Upper Dir district at about midday (07:00 GMT) on Tuesday.

Maj Gen Iqbal was hit in the leg and flown to Islamabad for medical care. The helicopter was undamaged.

It was able to land safely in nearby Dir.

Police in Dir said that the incident was followed by an exchange of gunfire between the security forces and suspected militants in the area. No casualties were reported.

The hills where the helicopter was attacked are on the border of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

CRamS wrote:Didn't some eminent DocJi on BR say US is scared of TSP? See the warning issued to TSPA. I didn't see US media go berserk over Hina chickie's looks and hand bags as Indians were. Instead, HilaryJi issued a blunt warning and asked her to do what it takes including doing a Monica Lewinsky on Kiyani if necessary. (Who was that demented coward in Delhi who declared that not only would he give Kashmir, but his life also for the Hina duckling? )
CRS saar, the mighty unkil seems to be even more pathetic than the cowardly yindoos. As Shiv eloquantly pointed out, what use is your 10000 multimegaton bombs and stealth fighters and aircraft carriers and the reputation to be the biggest goonda on the planet when a ragtag bunch of 'miscreants', ably shielded by the imaan, takwa and jihad crowd put a dnada up your wazoo on a daily basis? Oh, how the mighty have fallen! pakis kill american soldiers and the lone hyperpower of the earth is reduced to begging the pakis to stop them.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

^^ could be fake. They hit the poor commander in his leg (while the helicopter was undamaged) and made a news item to show how committed they are in the war on terror. (wouldn't that be a war on themselves?)
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

CRamS wrote: (Who was that demented coward in Delhi who declared that not only would he give Kashmir, but his life also for the Hina duckling? )
:eek: somneone said that? can someone point to a link? i'd wanna know who the worthy was.
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15006181
China executes Pakistani man on drugs charges

Mr Shah's supporters say he was framed for a crime he did not commit

China has executed a Pakistani man, Zahid Husain Shah, despite last-ditch appeals for clemency, his family says.

Mr Shah, 35, was arrested in 2008 and was convicted last year of drug smuggling.

He was put to death by lethal injection in Shanghai on Wednesday morning.

Human rights groups had called on Beijing to stop the execution and urged Islamabad to take up appeals on his behalf. There was no comment from either government.
Talk about quick implementation of the law of the land! And, why are Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab still alive??
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

vishvak wrote:From http://www.rediff.com/news/report/gunme ... 110920.htm,
Mastung is considered a hub of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, a notorious sectarian group that has carried out many attacks on Shias across Pakistan.
So these restive areas are 'hub' of exclusive sectarian groups there. Not difficult to guess who did it.
Classic TSP move for control. Recalls the murders of Longowal and the senior Mirwaiz.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

Aatish Taseer interviewed on NPR about 'Noon', his new novel that talks about religious violence in Pakistan.
http://www.npr.org/2011/09/21/140639203 ... l-too-real
saadhak
BRFite

Post by saadhak »

archan wrote:
CRamS wrote: (Who was that demented coward in Delhi who declared that not only would he give Kashmir, but his life also for the Hina duckling? )
:eek: somneone said that? can someone point to a link? i'd wanna know who the worthy was.
Heard during a WKK 'Kitty party' organized by NewX and broadcast earlier this month.
The said statement was put up on facebook by a 25 year old son (IMO - high on hormonal rush; unable to control his 'feelings') of a WKK - Neelima Dalmiya Adhar
See at around 43.5 minutes: http://metroslive.com/pathways-to-peace-2/
=================
Just googled for her:

http://www.neelimadalmiaadhar.com/blog/ ... ia-jinnah/
Firstly, it is a fact that my father, the late Shri Ramkrishna Dalmia was a very close friend and confidant of Qaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah and that he did buy the house at 10 Aurangzeb Road from him...
With regard to the fresh controversy around Jaswant singh’s book on Jinnah, Singh’s stance on Qaid-e-Azam is historically and factually correct. Jinnah was not a Mullah. He never practiced Islam. He was not the originator of the two-nation theory. His friends and confidants bore testimony to this. His stance hardened only because of the personal, political ambitions of Nehru and Patel. Many, including my father believed that if Jinnah had been allowed to be the prime minister of free India we could have averted the partition.

Jaswant Singh deserves the highest praise for having the courage to bring these lesser known facts to light.

Unfortunately history has always been distorted and written by the winners, and the Djin of Jinnah shall never rest in peace. :mrgreen:
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

anishns wrote:I have seen this a few times even with Dabur products. Especially some soaps and shampoos....it says on the packaging manufactured in UAE
What could be the reason for doing that? Is it export related issues from India?
They have manufacturing unit in UAE. Diversifying to become MNC.Promoting Ayurvedic yindoo products in ME.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

shiv wrote: That entire SEAL team was wiped out with an RPG. And Kiyani gets a reward from a NATO ally. \
I was listening to US Viper on 911 ceremony, delivering speech, when I was dumbstruck. It was right there in his speech that day , he mentioned about SEALS who took out Os MAmA and some of them later martyred in Afg. Don't know if anyone has noticed that speech at Pentagon (it was on CNN).
My God do we owe those special ops folks and intelligence guys who got him, many of whom have subsequently lost their lives. But we will not stop -— you will not stop —- until al Qaeda is not only disrupted, but completely dismantled and ultimately destroyed.
This is what brf inferred when news of SEALs being killed broke.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

hulaku wrote:Another danda from Mike Mullen

US accuses Pakistan of waging ‘proxy war’
(Remember Proxy War)
The US military’s most senior officer has accused Pakistan of using the Haqqani network to wage a “proxy war,” in Afghanistan ramping up public pressure on the country’s intelligence services to sever ties with insurgents fighting Nato troops in the country.

The unusually blunt remarks from Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, reflect Washington’s growing frustration with what it sees as Pakistan’s refusal to curb the activities of Afghan Taliban factions operating from its territory.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4cfe7e86-e439 ... z1Yb0IdUZz

I can see Unkil Khan oiling his danda.

Mullen is retiring this month. One of the reasons for his latest blunt outbursts.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Anujan wrote: Mullen is retiring this month. One of the reasons for his latest blunt outbursts.
The US flickering tubelights.

While in the process enjoy all the "perks", while leaving complain the price - suddenly a pair grows and start yapping. The usual US story. Everybody comes into job thinking they are going to change the world and at the end of it, go back sulken with a sore musharaff :rotfl:
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

Pakis also made a TV version of that 9/11 ad. Not embedding, click if you want to be nauseated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDMO_iOOSs
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

no wonder that Bakis are the top liars.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

ROFLMAO :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
This definitely belongs in the BENIS hall of shame!

Nandu wrote:Pakis also made a TV version of that 9/11 ad. Not embedding, click if you want to be nauseated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDMO_iOOSs
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

I know.. it's bloody Orwellian ... especially the end "Pakistan Promising Peace to the World). Don't miss the PPP there :D I think they mean it to be subtle :roll:
thayilv
BRFite -Trainee

Post by thayilv »

Lets not forget the smaller representation for India and a space between the them and us... I'm sure its a manifestation of trying to be more arab or central asian.

With 90,000 soldiers on the Afghan border, they ought to be careful.....dont want to repeat of '71 again :)
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

thayilv, :rotfl:

If it seemed that the US made Pakis shiver via some warnings issued routinely to pakis, then that TV ad looked to me like Kiyani making Adm Mullen bend down, while he belts the poor Admiral's ass with his wide leather fauji belt. That too just before the Admiral retirement. Poor Admiral can only scream in anguish as Kiyani relentlessly hurts him..... or so perceptions go, particularly after Shree Rabbani got killed right next to khan's compound, a day after the "Haqqani picnic" from that highrise.

Now, the chinese, they hanged a paki, after shooing away Kiyani. :shock:
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Gee, now what?

Now, today, Unkil says it has evidence not just that the Haqqanis are supported by shoadowy lower levels of ISI, or that the Haqqanis are in fact actually linked to the Paki "government", but in more fact, the new evidence today is that Unkil knows that Pasha and Kayani together actually pressed the "Start, Go ahead, Praise be to Allah" button that launched last week's attack on the US embassy in Kabul.

"The Pakis actually ordered the hit on our embassy, bwaaaaaaaaaaaa :(( :(( ..." is crying the Uncle.

Oh how much we have fallen. In 1988, when the US embassy in Kenya was attacked, big mean and many Tomahawks flew in in no time, and flattened quite a few baddie musharrafs.

Here, instead, we have the sight of Unkil reaching around with both hands, grabbing both cheeks of the musharraf, and retching, "now what do I do with this dilemma....." :((

Pakistan ISI urged attacks on U.S. targets: officials
(Reuters) - U.S. officials say there is mounting evidence that Pakistan's chief intelligence agency has been encouraging a Pakistan-based militant network to attack U.S. targets.

Some U.S. intelligence reporting alleges that Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence directorate (ISI) specifically directed, or urged, the Haqqani network to carry out the September 13 attack on the embassy and a NATO headquarters in Kabul, according two U.S. officials and a source familiar with recent U.S.-Pakistan official contacts.

Another U.S. official familiar with internal government assessments said that at the very least, the available intelligence strongly suggests the ISI has been egging on elements of the Haqqani network to launch attacks at American targets in the region.

The allegations, if fully confirmed, heighten a painful dilemma for President Barack Obama's administration. :(( :rotfl:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Virupaksha wrote:US is a barking dog with respect to Pak.

bhow, bhow - today and next time, Pak will say bring the ball back (hafta) and US will crawl on its knees to give it.

The barking and licking has been there for quite some time, nothing changed and as the saying goes, barking dogs never bite.
I don't want to "disrespect" any country. But I think conflicts and national power (for various nations) is like two liquids being poured on a plate. Each liquid will take up every inch of space that it can and the "conflict" is where they mix. The meaning is that if there is any small space or niche that one liquid has fails to enter - the other liquid might go and occupy that space. Pakistan has some serious strengths and as long as we are unable to acknowledge that we are going to be biased. The bias gets even worse when we "pre-load" our mental picture with a skewed view which typically goes like this for a few on BRF
1. US strong
2. India weak
3. Pakistan ready and waiting to be Guboed and pushed around by anyone

That view is completely wrong. But that view helps to maintain mental stereotypes one may have created in one's own mind. It may give comfort and succour to imagine the world to be the same as the delusional picture that one has conjured up in one's own mind, but there will be denial when faced with facts.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

SSridhar wrote:Public Recrimination against Pakistan must stop - Hina Rabbani Khar
There were no ultimatums from either side,” she said.
As a wise man once said, never believe anything until it has been officially denied.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

"Ultimatum" is a strong word. I have been watching a series of videos of high profile Amrikis talking of nuclear deterrence. George Schultz, who was secretary of state in the Reagan era recalled the time he entered the marine corps and said how he was given a rifle for the first time by his instructor who told him, "I have only two things to tell you. First, take care of that rifle. It can save your life. Second, never point that rifle at anyone if you do not plan to pull the trigger"

An "ultimatum" is like pointing that rifle at someone. It has to be followed by some action. Either the trigger is pulled or the other guy surrenders. If neither occurs there there was no ultimatum. I see a lot of cheering just because some idiot half wit reporter uses a word he just learned in school - "ultimatum". If the US has issued an ultimatum and nothing follows it means nothing. We have descended so low in our morale and Pakistan has been so successful that in the span of the last 2 pages we have been taking comfort from meaningless onanistic pleasures in things that we feel will hurt Pakistan "Play recordings of gunshots to a Paki at the Taj" or "Three cheers! The US has given a warning to Pakistan" That tells a bigger story about us than the US or Pakistan.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Someone please educate me, or set my qibla right.

For the past two years, and increasingly I have been hearing of a competition - even a "proxy war" between India and Pakistan in Afghanistan. Now - in the last one day I have seen one article that says that if the US leaves Afghanistan the India Pakistan proxy war will return to what it was in the pre-9-11 period. WTF?

Excuse me folk. I have been following IndiaPakistan issues since 1965 at the very least. I have never heard of a "proxy war" between India and Pakistan in Afghanistan in the 1990s. This is a completely new concoction that seems to be getting cooked up by Paki paranoia and appearing from Amrican media outlets.

In fact if we pause to recall the decade that BR started, the 1990 to 1999 decade, the main issue was Pakistanis proxy war in India and Pakistan's expansion into Afghanistan which was used by Pakistan for terrorist training camps. There was no India-Pakistan proxy war in Afghanistan.

What we are seeing now is a gradual reworking of historic facts to make it look like the real India Pakistan focus has been Afghanistan for decades. Actually if you recall, even here on BRF we have had so much fun mocking Pakis for using the K-word for "Kashmir" all through the late 1990s and early 2000s. The A word, Afghanistan, was never there.

Now suddenly, K has been set aside and it is the A word.

I suspect that the Pakis are trying to make the idiot gringo Americans think that it was all about Afghanistan and that for peace in Afghanistan India should be tackled. Of course the strong superduperpower Americans know that to control the Pakis they need to "warn" Pakis, and warm many patriotic American hearts by doing that, and then do a quiet downhill ski and ask India to do something about Cashmere.
Karna_A
BRFite

Post by Karna_A »

Abhijit wrote:CRS saar, the mighty unkil seems to be even more pathetic than the cowardly yindoos. As Shiv eloquantly pointed out, what use is your 10000 multimegaton bombs and stealth fighters and aircraft carriers and the reputation to be the biggest goonda on the planet when a ragtag bunch of 'miscreants', ably shielded by the imaan, takwa and jihad crowd put a dnada up your wazoo on a daily basis? Oh, how the mighty have fallen! pakis kill american soldiers and the lone hyperpower of the earth is reduced to begging the pakis to stop them.
Unkil has only worse and worst options wrt TSP, thanks to turning blind eye when chinks were giving them pure maal.
India too had only these 2 options when dealing with BD during Khaleda Zia time.

The worse option is to just wait for this rump state to implode like it happened for FSU.
Worst option is to take out Rawalpindi, but that may mean few lose nookes being lobbed at neighbours and resultant crisis.
The worst option is perhaps being kept for a JDAM attack on one of aliies.

The surprising thing about TSP is that so far not even one plane has been shot down. After all how difficult is it for Pakiban to take down a plane landing at Peshawar or Quetta with a RPG. Since this has not happened, it means that Pakibans are much more in control of Eye Es Eye than they would pretend.

Kayanee is between a rock and a hard place. If he gives in to Unkil, the Crore commanders would most probably take him out. So he is letting the cooker let off some steam in AFG, basically to save his ass.
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

The World Health Organization said there have been 84 cases of polio in Pakistan as of September 13, up from 48 cases during the same period in 2010. And the same strain of polio in Pakistan has now spread to China. The outbreak in China - the first since 1999 - has claimed one life and sent another nine people to the hospital.

What's causing the outbreaks? The organization says Pakistan's immunization efforts have been inadequate, especially in "security-compromised" regions. And health officials worry that the virus that causes polio will spread further in November, as Muslims travel to Mecca in Saudi Arabia for the Haj pilgrimage.

Pakistan fails to tackle polio, spreads it to China
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Karna_A wrote: Unkil has only worse and worst options wrt TSP, thanks to turning blind eye when chinks were giving them pure maal.
The US seems to have successfully convinced India that there is something worse than nuclear armed jihadi Pakistani army that we wil have to face if that army loses power.

For those who may have missed a few noteworthy news items in the last 60 years I would like to post a reminder of what the Pakistan army, aided by the USA has been doing. Someone please tell me what else is possible by a Taliban that does not have US arms and economic support.

The Pakistani army
  • Attacked India in Kashmir in 1947
  • Attacked India in Kashmir in 1965
  • Attacked India in Kashmir and other places in 1971
  • Threatened India with nuclear war in the 1980
  • Supported a Khalistan insurgency in the 1980s
  • Supported the infiltration of terrorist into India in Kashmir in the 1990s
  • Attacked India in Kashmir in 1999 and threatened nuclear war
  • Supported terrorism in India from 1990 to 2011 including the parliament attack, Kaluchak, Mumbai bombings and 26/11
Now please tell me people. If the US does NOT give the Taliban the kind of support they have given the Pakistan army, what what can the Taliban do to India that is worse than what the Paki army has done?
Last edited by shiv on 22 Sep 2011 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Airavat wrote: The World Health Organization said there have been 84 cases of polio in Pakistan as of September 13, up from 48 cases during the same period in 2010. And the same strain of polio in Pakistan has now spread to China. The outbreak in China - the first since 1999 - has claimed one life and sent another nine people to the hospital.

What's causing the outbreaks? The organization says Pakistan's immunization efforts have been inadequate, especially in "security-compromised" regions. And health officials worry that the virus that causes polio will spread further in November, as Muslims travel to Mecca in Saudi Arabia for the Haj pilgrimage.

Pakistan fails to tackle polio, spreads it to China
Polio at the Haj? No problem. Allah will protect the faithful. All cases of Polio will occur in people after they return from the Haj to their home countries proving that Allah protects the faithful in Mecca. With this kind of logic being normal for 100% of mullahs and 95% of Muslims, polio is set to stage a comeback.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Shiv, for the past few years Saudis have required proof of polio vaccination to get Hajj visa, and then administer oral polio vaccination upon arrival for the countries where polio still exists including Pakistan, India, Nigeria, Afghanistan. Saudis are not as dumb as Pakistanis to rely on Allah on lee.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

ramana wrote:Pratyush, Why not throw in a few words about "Mumbai Spirit" while talking of reselience?

Yes I do boycott Paki goods in US stores.
Ramana,

This has nothing to do with Mumbai Spirit. When even the GOI has all but given up on justice for 26/11 victims.

To me this whole affair would be repugnant if the TAJ was doing this for free. Besides, I have no objection in earning profits from the TSPians. I have a problem in letting them earn profits from us. I have not seen any report that tells us that this red carpet treatment to the TSP minister will be for free.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Pakistan ISI urged attacks on U.S. targets: officials

The allegations, if fully confirmed, heighten a painful dilemma for President Barack Obama's administration.
Obama is such a weak president. Any other president would have bombed Pakis first and asked question later.