Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
goutham
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 47
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 20:08

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby goutham » 28 Sep 2011 21:04

His sister married to a Coastal person, may be him too. His father was politically brought up by NTR in TDP and later he started scheming with Congress to kill TDP.

They exemplify real back-stabbing politics and shameless money-making.


Do not shoot stuff out of your rear end if you dont know. I personally know both are married to Telanganites

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 28 Sep 2011 21:39

goutham wrote:
His sister married to a Coastal person, may be him too. His father was politically brought up by NTR in TDP and later he started scheming with Congress to kill TDP.

They exemplify real back-stabbing politics and shameless money-making.


Do not shoot stuff out of your rear end if you dont know. I personally know both are married to Telanganites


Dear personal friend of KCR and family:

"May be" qualifies to be "not sure". As far as news I read, one of them or both of them married to non-T person
and one of them was divorced and may have remarried. If I get that news link I post it.

KCR grandfather/father were migrants from Bobbili area. Let me know if it is also "rear end" talk.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 28 Sep 2011 22:28

Well I actually downloaded report and saw the options. It seems to be a shoddy job done by trying to be good to everybody. You need to come to a logical conclusion based on facts , legal position and geographical situation and popular sentiments. Notwithstanding the fact that Hyd was built robbing x y z blah blah, there are two viable options
1. to remain united and
2. division.
In case of division , there is clearly no possibility of Hyd being UT or part of common capital etc. Unless of course you argue that Telangana , as traditionally understood and with generally known boundaries does not include Rangareddi ,Medak, Mahaboobnagar and Nalagonda.

However economic backwardness is not much of a criteria to decide on division . Cultural , linguistic and religious differences are more important. On this count , if there are similarities then division is not justified.

However , one can look at administrative aspects and say that smaller states would provide better administration to people. There examples of such divisions.

Lastly, despite cultural similarities, if people are on long path of agitation then development board, council or regional council giving a measure of autonomy could be considered leading to statehood in distant future.


But I guess if two brothers don't want to lie together, they better separate.

JMT

Anyway, I hardly understand cultural nuances within AP so I think, I would better take a hike rather than getting caught in the crossfire. :|

goutham
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 47
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 20:08

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby goutham » 29 Sep 2011 02:27

Dear personal friend of KCR and family:

"May be" qualifies to be "not sure". As far as news I read, one of them or both of them married to non-T person
and one of them was divorced and may have remarried. If I get that news link I post it.

KCR grandfather/father were migrants from Bobbili area. Let me know if it is also "rear end" talk.



His sister married to a Coastal person may be him too.,


Your statment doesnt sound like that. Your usage of "May be" was for KTR and not for Kavitha, Stop spreading hearsay, innuendo and false rumors.

Here is the proof anyway .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVKaG6nh ... ed#t=9m45s

Even if their spouses were from andhra how does it change anything? How does KCR's ancestors being from Andhra change anything? It infact reflects positively on Telangana people and KCR family and the fact they assimilated and Telangana people are open to leadership from other regions
Last edited by goutham on 29 Sep 2011 02:54, edited 2 times in total.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby RamaY » 29 Sep 2011 02:40

goutham wrote:Even if their spouses were from andhra how does it change anything? How does KCR's ancestors being from Andhra change anything? It infact reflects positively on Telangana people and KCR family and the fact they assimilate and Telangana people are open to leadership from other regions


Wouldn't that undo the whole self-rule logic; and this whole fight is against AP commons and not the AP-politicians? On assimilation, do you think a politician from AP assimilates better than a commoner?

It is sad.

goutham
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 47
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 20:08

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby goutham » 29 Sep 2011 03:01

RamaY wrote:
goutham wrote:Even if their spouses were from andhra how does it change anything? How does KCR's ancestors being from Andhra change anything? It infact reflects positively on Telangana people and KCR family and the fact they assimilate and Telangana people are open to leadership from other regions


Wouldn't that undo the whole self-rule logic; and this whole fight is against AP commons and not the AP-politicians? On assimilation, do you think a politician from AP assimilates better than a commoner?

It is sad.


No It wouldnt undo the self rule logic because they consider KCR family their own and part of their region.

On assimilation Several commoners from Andhra settled in Telangana regions apart from Hyderabad are also part of this agitation.

It is just the Politicians with business interests in Hyderabad and Govt. Employees from Andhra region in Hyderabad and their families that are vehemently opposing this because they fear they will loose the most.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 29 Sep 2011 03:29

goutham wrote:
RamaY wrote:[quote="goutham"
Even if their spouses were from andhra how does it change anything? How does KCR's ancestors being from Andhra change anything? It infact reflects positively on Telangana people and KCR family and the fact they assimilate and Telangana people are open to leadership from other regions[/quote


Wouldn't that undo the whole self-rule logic; and this whole fight is against AP commons and not the AP-politicians? On assimilation, do you think a politician from AP assimilates better than a commoner?

It is sad.


No It wouldnt undo the self rule logic because they consider KCR family their own and part of their region.

On assimilation Several commoners from Andhra settled in Telangana regions apart from Hyderabad are also part of this agitation.

It is just the Politicians with business interests in Hyderabad and Govt. Employees from Andhra region in Hyderabad and their families that are vehemently opposing this because they fear they will loose the most.



Just like KCR&co and several commoners are well assimilated into the region. Politicians (CM Kiran Kumar Reddy for example), business interests, and Employees are well assimilated into Hyderabad region.

Andhra migrants KCR and family gained wealth from Telangana. You say their "dochukovdam" is not "dochukovadam due to their assimilation.

By same logic others "dochukovadam" is not "dochukovadam" because they are well assimilated into Hyderabad. In fact Lagadapati children are from Hyderabad and are assimilated there, so Lagadapati is not doing any "dochukunnaru"
Last edited by ShyamSP on 29 Sep 2011 03:36, edited 1 time in total.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 29 Sep 2011 03:35

goutham wrote:
Dear personal friend of KCR and family:

"May be" qualifies to be "not sure". As far as news I read, one of them or both of them married to non-T person
and one of them was divorced and may have remarried. If I get that news link I post it.

KCR grandfather/father were migrants from Bobbili area. Let me know if it is also "rear end" talk.



His sister married to a Coastal person may be him too.,


Your statment doesnt sound like that. Your usage of "May be" was for KTR and not for Kavitha, Stop spreading hearsay, innuendo and false rumors.

Here is the proof anyway .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVKaG6nh ... ed#t=9m45s

Even if their spouses were from andhra how does it change anything? How does KCR's ancestors being from Andhra change anything? It infact reflects positively on Telangana people and KCR family and the fact they assimilated and Telangana people are open to leadership from other regions

Everybody has to assimilate into where they are living. It is same for Telangana people migrated to non-T regions.

So it is ok to rob as long as you're assimilated.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby RamaY » 29 Sep 2011 07:31

Imagine all non-telangana people, including (per TrS definition) demand separate state. Imagine they stay back in new Tstate after partition.Then imagine they use their influence to get into the decision making positions in the new Tstate. Will such elimination change the ground situation in any way?

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 29 Sep 2011 10:48

The thing the INC leadership should understand is that the current legal framework for the creation of Telangana is being tied up in numbers that logically does not look feasible to achieve. It is based on absurd expectations of andhra folks would give off their rights over Telangana - a right it was given in return of fair treatment towards Telanganites. But it does not mean that Telangana needs to remain in the clutches of Seemandhrites. This is seriously a leadership issue.

Telangana agitation, in my opinion, has been by and large very peaceful given the stakes involved and gravity of the situation. In our land, for far far less stakes, we have seen blood baths. My intention of mentioning this is that people are conveying their aspirations in the most decent way possible and it is for the leadership to heed and chalk the course before a large section of population lose confidence on the leadership/administration.

As it happened during the merger, and in 69 agitation, even now the majority of folks in Telangana are behind the movement. I still remember some arguments here over this issue in the beginning of this thread but hopefully now it is clear to most how deeply this sentiment is within Telangana. As during the merger the intensity of desire to separate overwhelms intensity of desire to stay united. This forced marriage that happened under the auspices of INC ( it was in power at center and state during all Telangana crisises) gives it also the responsibility to help correct the course. It is a matter of historical record that seemandhrites don’t honor the very agreements they sign towards Telanganites let alone being fair with them.

Given that Telangana had a different administrative system under Nizam, it may have been a tempting idea to let the two stay together so Andhra babu can “teach” the system to unwashed Telanganite. Well it turned out that instead of collaboration, Telanganites were washed off their jobs and opportunities.

There are lessons to be leant from history while dealing with this issue. Had we both been better off without this merger in the first place?– IMO a resounding yes even if it is in the hindsight. Had we been better off with separation in 69 – again, IMO, a resounding yes. Why not that be a lesson to chalk our next course?

nvishal
BRFite
Posts: 771
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby nvishal » 29 Sep 2011 11:35

It is interesting to read the comments from andhra people(ramana and gang) on BRF trying to keep the status quo.

How hard is it to understand T's attempts to reclaim its lands and establish self-rule? An assembly containing T majority rather than an andhra/seema combine where T has always been a minority?

20 years later, the state of andhra will look at telangana and claim that the split was amicable. Telangana will have interesting story to tell about it's statehood. The past cannot be changed at this stage. After all, how many interpretations can possibly justify the police actions of 1969? Any attempt to distort tainted history can only amplify it.

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3908
Joined: 27 Jun 2008 00:24

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby kmkraoind » 29 Sep 2011 11:44

Vishal Garu, please remove the word gang and replace it with et al or something else. Regarding the formation of Telangana, the contentious issue is Hyderabad and Rangareddy dists. Its like asking a joint built home (from Telangana, and Seemandhra) for themselves. The capital city means not Charminar or Assembly building, but its much more employment generation process, which investors mainly comes from Coastal people.

suryag
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3434
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 00:14

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby suryag » 29 Sep 2011 11:46

what i dont udnerstand is that why dont people realise whether it is andhra cm or telangana cm(for ex:Chenna Reddy) they are all the same. They are eaters cheaters india looters. I am not sure how people can condone/take solace from the fact that the cm whether he is from telangana/andhra is looting and as long as he doesnt mend his ways there is not much that would be derived by way of splitting the state. I havent found an answer for this yet :(

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 29 Sep 2011 11:53

One of the most often heard concern expressed in different flavors is what changes after separation and what about my investments in Hyd. Well nothing should change ideally. Say for people living in districts closer to Tamilnadu/Chennai or even Karnataka/Bangalore, can you go and live in those cities – yes, can you become CM of those states, of course yes, can you do all that you wanted to do…most probably yes. So how different it will be when Telangana separates from Andhra…nothing different from how Tamilnadu or Karnataka are. Having said that because they are different states, can the state government do something about their people to increase opportunities for locals? Yes. Does it mean they can impose certain types of costs on non-locals…perhaps. It is fair…IMO, Yes.

Telangana folks for example had to pay those costs in terms of adapting to the new system, increased competition etc. Only when costs become too high as in the case of Telangana you get to the separation. And if there is critical mass, let there be sepration where locals can govern themselves.

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 29 Sep 2011 12:06

One of the critical grievence of 69 conflict was the misallocation or misappropriation of revenues. Telanganas alleged that revenues from Telangana were diverted to Andhra development. Within Telangana hardly any progress/ investments were made in any other districts outside of Hyd, which was bulk revenue earner anyway. However, if revenue was diverted, then it means Hyderabad revenue was diverted to Andhra so much so that folks went on agitation.

Further, as it is, Hyd was a BIG city prior to merger was part of Telangana. It could have done nice and dandy without Andhra help.

Thirdly, a rather funny argument provided by ShyamSP here on the forum to bolster Andhra claim on Hyd is to point to pre-merger history of Hyderabad. This is like saying part of your revenues went to London so why not lay claim on it and make it capital of Andhra.

Simple thing is if merger did not happen, you would do your thing in a different city...Telanganas would be doing their thing in Hyderabad. As sangam didn't work out well..let'd do our thing in our own chosen cities in respective states. None stopped you from investing in Hyd, nor should you feel threatned in future - with or without you Hyd will continue being what it is and will continue to grow.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 29 Sep 2011 12:07

In the anveshana and akanksya, both Satvam and Satyam are missing. Shanti Mukyam, Satyam Avasyam, Rastram Thadyam

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 29 Sep 2011 12:24

I am not a history buff but I think satavahana's first capital was somewhere near Karimnagar (Kotilingala) before being moved to Amaravati. Kakatiyas were initially part of Rashtrakutas which was predominantly part of Karnataka, Telangana, Maharashtra, and parts of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat. excluded large parts of Andhra.
It is Kakatiyas however merged Andhra together and introduced Telugu literature.
And now Andhrites look down up on Telanganas as illiterates as they got screwed by Nizam and not British? WTF?

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3908
Joined: 27 Jun 2008 00:24

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby kmkraoind » 29 Sep 2011 12:46

KCR signals support for Telangana plus two - CNN-IBN

HYDERABAD: TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao added a new twist to the Telangana tale by indicating that his party would be open to a bifurcation of the state with the inclusion of Kurnool and Anantapur districts in Telangana. He signalled his openness to such an idea in order to secure the support of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
:eek: :twisted:

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11523
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Aditya_V » 29 Sep 2011 12:54

kmkraoind wrote:KCR signals support for Telangana plus two - CNN-IBN

HYDERABAD: TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao added a new twist to the Telangana tale by indicating that his party would be open to a bifurcation of the state with the inclusion of Kurnool and Anantapur districts in Telangana. He signalled his openness to such an idea in order to secure the support of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
:eek: :twisted:


Now imagine if Kadappa is also included, that would have Jagan screaming with him and his constituency in Telegana and most of his support base in Coastal. looks some INC plan then. But would Rayalseema leaders agree that 2 or 3 districts split from there area. Wouldnt they prefer to have all the Rayalseema district go with 1 state.
Last edited by Aditya_V on 29 Sep 2011 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 29 Sep 2011 12:55

OMG!! NO. You mean ShyamSP (assuming he is from one of those two districts) will be in Telangana :P
some of us have to collect chanda and give him tickets for London so he can lay claim on it. :)
Just kidding!

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9685
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Yagnasri » 29 Sep 2011 17:58

I happy that our pro Telangana contributors are now back in the BRF in full force. I was hopping some new arguments from them. But I am serious disappointed.

Though I am also not a history buff, from what I remember Shatavahana rulers called themselves as Andhras and Kakathiya rulers also titled Andhradeshadhisha. The Telugu literature started with Nannaya’s initiation of translation of the Mahabharatham into Telugu ( the translation is called as Andhrikarana) In fact the first Telugu grammar book was written by Nannaya. Srimadhbhagavatham was translated into Telugu by Pothana into Telugu and called as Srimadh Aandhra Bhagavatham. Perhaps Pothana in also a evil settler? I don’t know. Historically all Telugu people are called as Andhra. In fact the word Andhra predates even Telugu language.

The present pathetic attempt to disown the heritage of Andhras by proponents of Telangana is similar to Pakiland trying to disown Hindu heritage of Pakisthani Muslims. We can not help if Telangana leadership thinks Nizam rule is better than constitution rule under Indian Republic. May be we should invite Nizam back and undo Operation Polo also.

The arguments of lack of development, dochukunnaru, and forced merger in 1956 are all proved false earlier and yet the same are being repeated now here also. The new argument of self rule (when development argument failed utterly) total rubbish as M.P.’s elected or born in Telangana ruled the nation as Prime Minister for 10 years. Does it mean that Telangana people were prevented from becoming C.M. of AP by evil Andhra invaders but they could manage to become Prime Ministers of nation?

By the way who is the original Bhumiputhras as per the Telangana ideology? Is the present CM who is born and brought up in Hyderabad is not a Telanagana person. Jalagam Vengal Rao? P V narasimha Rao? Chinna Reddy who is one of the most corrupt CM in AP History is also from Telangana. Is he not responsible for the development or lack of it in Telangana areas ? Has he and all other politicos of Telangana are/were not looting people. May be KCR holds sole right to determine who is Telangana person or not. By the way VijayaShanthi? Earlier KCR and his gang alleged she is not from Telangana and now she is their beloved MP. May be after joining TRS she has became

No one from Pro divison groups is ready to give answer to the question what all the MLA’s and MP’s from Telangana are doing from 1956? Having your MLA’s and MP’s in huge no in the Assembly is not self rule? KCR got elected some 9 times to state assembly and what he was doing all those years other than representing his constituency. Who is responsible if one area is allegedly not developed? Not MLA and MP of that area? How then the same MP and MLA who held their positions for decades are now blaming others?

As long as the basic premise of the agitation is hate, it will not attract support of the well meaning people. There may or may not be Telangana state in near future. But the decision will be take on the basis of what the Italian criminal gang think beneficial to them. Not because there is some justification in the demand or not.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 29 Sep 2011 18:02

Satya_anveshi wrote:One of the most often heard concern expressed in different flavors is what changes after separation and what about my investments in Hyd. Well nothing should change ideally. Say for people living in districts closer to Tamilnadu/Chennai or even Karnataka/Bangalore, can you go and live in those cities – yes, can you become CM of those states, of course yes, can you do all that you wanted to do…most probably yes. So how different it will be when Telangana separates from Andhra…nothing different from how Tamilnadu or Karnataka are. Having said that because they are different states, can the state government do something about their people to increase opportunities for locals? Yes. Does it mean they can impose certain types of costs on non-locals…perhaps. It is fair…IMO, Yes.

Telangana folks for example had to pay those costs in terms of adapting to the new system, increased competition etc. Only when costs become too high as in the case of Telangana you get to the separation. And if there is critical mass, let there be sepration where locals can govern themselves.


Is 50 lakh Critical mass? Then do other 3.5 crore get a counter say. If they do what about the other 4 crore who want a counter - counter say. (if you cannot get it its Hyd, Telangana & seemandhra respectively).

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby RamaY » 29 Sep 2011 19:01

Narayanarao garu,

The pro-telangana though process has become an ideology rather than a step towards progress and empowerment. All their arguments about economic exploitation, separate culture, language, separate telugu-talli etc all fell on their face. All that is left is a strong/stubborn desire for a separate state and deep antagonism towards costa-telugus.

I guess all that narrow-mindedness is fine as long as it helps improve the back-ward districts of Telangana.

The news papers are filled with various ideas for the past two days.

1. Owaisi talked against separate-T as it is against Muslim interests and might benefit BJP! Please note that MIM never had any presence outside Hyderabad, but they talk about united AP as they want to be representatives of all muslims in AP (similar to Paki desire to represent all muslims in entire sub-continent). We should be clear about their united-AP claims.

2. KCR proposed a new version of "Rayala Telangana" adding Kurnool and Anantapur. Perhaps the congress leaders from these districts are against YSJ. You can also see how these districts are connected to the Telugu-dominated areas of Karnataka. Perhaps it is BJP plan.

3. Botsa, not-surprisingly, welcomed KCR's ideas. Probably he is going to start Uttarandhra demand along these lines. Don't know if the twin Godavari districts go his way given the Kapu-majority there.

4. That would leave the districts of Krishna, Guntur, Prakasam, Kadapa, Nellore and Chittor. This will weaken YSJ as he cannot have a finger in all three pies and he is not a leader of that stature.

5. The INC will be able to
- Win Uttarandhra
- Be a winner in Telangana if KCR merges with them.
- Be in a 2nd place (if YSJ remains outside)

6. TDP has to become a regional party with presence in all three new states. But there is very little possibility of it coming to power anywhere, even in next elections.

Note: Please note the mining-rich areas in all these three new states.

Image

KSKumar
BRFite
Posts: 116
Joined: 15 Oct 2003 11:31
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby KSKumar » 29 Sep 2011 19:06

The same old tired arguments, Telangana cheated by Andhraites, being repeated over and over again.

This argument has been comprehensively rebutted by Srikrishna Committee Report. They have shown the the relative pace of Development in Telangana has been higher than Coastal Andhra districts. How is that a sign of cheating?

The Telengana leaders agreed for the United State in 1956. What coercion was involved? What bullshit is being purveyed?

If 1969 was a watershed and an agreement was drawn to discriminate based on which district an AP resident was from, the 1971 Jai Andhra movement was equally a watershed. They wanted to go their own way due to being discriminated in their own Capital city.

Why did Chanda Reddy and other assorted goondas not move a resolution and asked for a mutual separation?

The Telangana proponents of today and their ancestors had their chances to go their own way and blew it. It is too late to turn the clock back.

It is interesting to see all Telangana proponents conveniently appearing and disappearing on this thread, based on how TRS is able to ratchet up the agitation. When TRS does well, these guys are out in full force yelling "see, see how united all Telengana folks are! See how strong the agitation is." They they repeat all the falsehoods and untruths that have been completely proven to be empty sloganeering . They then simply disappear when the artificial surge dies down naturally.

Let's see how long Satya_anveshi stays on this thread, before he is again "extremely busy with work and no time for BRF".

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 29 Sep 2011 19:30

KSKumar, is there a point to your post other than rabble rousing? if your intention is to provoke an equally rabble rousing response, then it can happen. it's just that the T-vadis on BRF want to stick with BRF's motto while some like you continue to be provocative with words like "yelling", etc.

The Telangana proponents of today and their ancestors had their chances to go their own way and blew it. It is too late to turn the clock back.


the above statement is a classic example of "tough luck, we own you now. better get used to it." you show your arrogance and smugness all in one sentence.

and it isn't "chanda reddy", it's Chenna Reddy. I would think His Highness would at least care to get the name right, or perhaps the name is representative of the T-dialect and therefore deserves to be played around with?

1956 agreement was "gentlemen's agreement". after suffering under Nizam loot for 3 centuries and under Islamic occupants for 7 centuries continuously, T was in no shape to clearly understand the reasons for its backwardness. the "dhimmi" culture had set in after so many centuries. memories of pre-Islamic Kakatiya glory were all forgotten, or receded into the back of peoples' minds.

in 1956, T had just come out of long occupation and it had no intellectual class who could successfully argue for its cause. and suddenly comes Potti Sriramulu on the scene, does his fast unto death, and thrusts his fantasies/ambitions on T people.

I am waiting for the day that T will finally start realizing what it once was. then as the political and intellectual renaissance takes place, I'd love to see how Coastals start "feeling" about it. they don't have the convenient "backward" T's to lord over anymore. and then, I have a feeling the tides will turn and Coastal regions will then talk about "separation". the migration will reverse. T's will start setting up base in Guntur and West Godavari, and then we'll see how the Coastals "feel".

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 29 Sep 2011 19:31

Satya_anveshi wrote:OMG!! NO. You mean ShyamSP (assuming he is from one of those two districts) will be in Telangana :P
some of us have to collect chanda and give him tickets for London so he can lay claim on it. :)
Just kidding!



Baireddi view of Rayala Telangana (Rayalaseema + Rangareddi &Mahabubnagar) :rotfl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PIgXcFolVA

I'm legal resident of Rangareddi and Hyderabad districts, should I chose to stay. I welcome any district in India to join us in AP Capital
or go to dogs :twisted:


devesh wrote:and it isn't "chanda reddy", it's Chenna Reddy. I would think His Highness would at least care to get the name right, or perhaps the name is representative of the T-dialect and therefore deserves to be played around with?


Looks like you're not aware of nick name for Chenna Reddy.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 29 Sep 2011 19:41

RamaY wrote:4. That would leave the districts of Krishna, Guntur, Prakasam, Kadapa, Nellore and Chittor. This will weaken YSJ as he cannot have a finger in all three pies and he is not a leader of that stature.

5. The INC will be able to
- Win Uttarandhra
- Be a winner in Telangana if KCR merges with them.
- Be in a 2nd place (if YSJ remains outside)

6. TDP has to become a regional party with presence in all three new states. But there is very little possibility of it coming to power anywhere, even in next elections.



Congress wants to screw up majorily suddenly you think Congress will win if it slices and dices certain way?

Adding Kurnool is evil plot :twisted: to fix water rights. Now did it come from Congress? or Did it come after a quarter bottle?

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 29 Sep 2011 20:10

Satya_anveshi wrote:I am not a history buff but I think satavahana's first capital was somewhere near Karimnagar (Kotilingala) before being moved to Amaravati. Kakatiyas were initially part of Rashtrakutas which was predominantly part of Karnataka, Telangana, Maharashtra, and parts of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat. excluded large parts of Andhra.
It is Kakatiyas however merged Andhra together and introduced Telugu literature.
And now Andhrites look down up on Telanganas as illiterates as they got screwed by Nizam and not British? WTF?


Satavahana's ruled Andhra Desha from Paithan, Junnar, Kotilinga, and Amaravati. Intersting to note is same area was ruled by Nizam till recently.

Kakatiya target was to get Vengi from Chola-Chalukyas and they lost first attempt so they started Capital city in Orugallu within Vengi kingdom.
Eventually they got Vengi Capital Rajamahendravaram and got some of Nayakas from Velnadu as subordinates to rule Nayaka areas.

So original Kakatiya kingdom is area of Vemulawada to Rajamahendravaram. It is also Kakatiya Andhra desa. There was nothing like merging Andhra
because they are Andhras. *

>introduced Telugu literature

As far as Telugu literature, it was Rastrakutas in current day Rayalaseema started using local language as official language. Ratrakutas also ruled Rayalaseema and East of them was ruled by Vengi (or Eastern) Chalukyas. Literature thrived in Vengi, yes that includes Telangana eastern districts.


* Taking recent prejudices and name Telangana and rubbing them back to what was 1500 year ago and later is Asatya Anveshana.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 29 Sep 2011 20:28, edited 2 times in total.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53934
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 29 Sep 2011 20:20

Just to make it clear can you tell us all where is Vengi?

8)

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2460
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 29 Sep 2011 20:33

ramana wrote:Just to make it clear can you tell us all where is Vengi?

8)



http://g.co/maps/hwknb

It is Nidadavole area in West Godavari just west of Godavari River and Rajamundry.

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 29 Sep 2011 21:07

Well..this gives a new meaning to Narayana Rao's comment of "telangana posters back in full force" :(( after about 4 posts from me on this thread yesterday.

Also folks are losing the point about historical context….not who used to be called by what name historically rather the power flew and consolidation initiated from what is present day Telangana to present day Andhra. The identity with which you folks would like to wield the linguistic imperialism on Telangana was part conceived and flew from the present day Telangana. Going back too far back into history in this context to lay claim on “culture” or a piece of real estate is futile was the other point. On second thought, I should have probably used “kakatiyas consolidated” instead of “merged”. The events, agreements, and grievances during and after the “unification” provide much be framework to understand the solve this issue.

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 29 Sep 2011 21:17

KSKumar wrote:It is interesting to see all Telangana proponents conveniently appearing and disappearing on this thread, based on how TRS is able to ratchet up the agitation.


Because we are going personal here, well, before yesterday I had posted exeactly one post AFTER 6-8 days(?) of region bandh and after many months during which also the agitation went along. So, how exactly that proves your point? and yes, will post as and when time permits.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53934
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 29 Sep 2011 22:00

Guys knock off the personal remarks and stick to the facts.

Thanks, ramana

VenkataS
BRFite
Posts: 259
Joined: 02 Apr 2010 03:38

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby VenkataS » 29 Sep 2011 23:38

Why not carve out a new state for each district in AP. If we have 23 new states carved out from present day AP, we can have true self-rule for people in these new states with only people born in those states and those who swear allegiance to that state and speak the local dialect can be chief ministers in those states. We can have 23 new chief ministers/home ministers/cabinet ministers, assembly buildings, state electricity boards, high courts etc and everybody can be happy.

If Delhi, Sikkim and Goa can be states in our union why not have states for Adilabad, Srikakulam and Chittoor.

If metropolitan areas of present day Hyderabad end up in 5 new states in this scenario then we can have independent localized plans for each of those areas for the benefit of the respective areas. We can have a metro serving present day eastern suburbs of Hyderabad administered by Nalgonda state and mono-rail serving present day northern suburbs of Hyderabad administered by Medak state and it does not matter if they are not linked up as well (why would they be linked up anyways?).

If we can have 23 new states, each state can demand fair share of water based on the amount of river water flowing through the respective state before 19th century irrigation projects altered the landscape. Each state can get the water which nature intended it to use. If some states in this scenario do not have any flowing rivers or large water bodies then they can be left to fend for themselves.

States rich in mineral deposits can export them to other states and extract a hefty tax from those states. Also imagine the number of state government jobs in each of these new states. This guarantees that everybody in these new states can have a local state government job if they so choose.

In order to prevent frivolous statehood claims (such as a statehood claim for Tenali for example) we can stipulate that a state can only be formed if its land area is greater than the smallest state in India at the time of its formation.

I think this plan should be acceptable to most people. It guarantees self-rule for all people and everybody can look after their own interests. What say you all?

member_19686
BRFite
Posts: 1330
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby member_19686 » 30 Sep 2011 00:08

Venkata S I agree with your basic premise of smaller states, language based states are a post British construct.

One exclusive Telugu state encompassing almost all Telugu speakers has never existed in history until recent times.

I am in favor of breaking up all language based states so long as we don't have morons like KCR in charge of the movements for smaller states.

I am from coastal Andhra and I have no attachment to this artificial creation called Andhra Pradesh, barely 50 years old and Telugu is not tied to the existence of this state. It existed long before and will exist long after it breaks up.

That being said the Telangana movement is hurting its own chances through stupid antics like the breaking of the Tank Bund statues (Krishnadeva Raya's mother tongue in all likelihood was Tulu) or threatening "settlers". If this sort of stupidity is given up, I have no problem with their movement.

pradeepe
BRFite
Posts: 741
Joined: 27 Aug 2006 20:46
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby pradeepe » 30 Sep 2011 10:46

^^
+1.

nvishal
BRFite
Posts: 771
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby nvishal » 30 Sep 2011 16:31

Telangana Swaraj will be a defining change in india. This post-independent socialist reconstruction has produced the worst kind of dependence imaginable. What does language have to do with progress?

The top priority should be progress of all sections/classes of any state come what may. Indic culture and religion will automatically sustain as it always has. After all, this era belongs to globalization(to the vaishyas). Our caste surnames no longer hold true. Today, all varnas have abandoned their traditional duties and converged into the realms of commerce(a vaishya line of work). Don't underestimate the foreign powers ability to buy its way through india. Just take a look at your surname. What is your line of work? Such is the power of money which has vanquished the varnas and it can surely do a lot more if you don't figure this out.

Venkarl
BRFite
Posts: 932
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 02:50
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Venkarl » 30 Sep 2011 18:49

:lol: :lol:

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 30 Sep 2011 19:24

"Telangana Swaraj"??? what are you smoking? don't create unnecessary straw men or worse yet, wanton distortion of history, by using creative vocabulary...

nvishal
BRFite
Posts: 771
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 18:03

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby nvishal » 30 Sep 2011 22:22

^
Why are you trying to mock me? Why do you think I'm smoking something?

"Swaraj" simply means "self-rule"; what is so creative about it?
Self-rule is the significant purpose of this de-merger.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dhyana, mappunni, Pathik, UlanBatori and 68 guests