Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 03 Oct 2011 08:29

BJP's more direct presence in AP during recent months is an indication of 2 things:
1. they sense that the pre-2009 situation is gone for good, and things are realigning.
2. they've understood the futility of tagging along with TDP/TRS or whatever regional party. ultimately, they are not recognized for whatever they might have done for the state.

keeping in mind 1 and 2, BJP has decided that more direct *presence* is better. they seem to have reached the conclusion that even if they blunder in the short term, unless they start declaring and participating more openly in AP, they will remain at the bottom of the political chart. overall, I support the BJP's entrance. yes, me being prejudiced towards T is a reason for it. but I think, regardless of T coming true or not, BJP is playing the long term game here. They want to start gaining ground, even if it takes years of hard work.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2461
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 03 Oct 2011 09:01

devesh wrote:BJP's more direct presence in AP during recent months is an indication of 2 things:
1. they sense that the pre-2009 situation is gone for good, and things are realigning.
2. they've understood the futility of tagging along with TDP/TRS or whatever regional party. ultimately, they are not recognized for whatever they might have done for the state.

keeping in mind 1 and 2, BJP has decided that more direct *presence* is better. they seem to have reached the conclusion that even if they blunder in the short term, unless they start declaring and participating more openly in AP, they will remain at the bottom of the political chart. overall, I support the BJP's entrance. yes, me being prejudiced towards T is a reason for it. but I think, regardless of T coming true or not, BJP is playing the long term game here. They want to start gaining ground, even if it takes years of hard work.


They will remain at the bottom of political chart even after this. We have CPI and CPM, for example, that are forever remain at the bottom.

All BJP is doing is trading non-Congress seats from other non-Congress parties. If they become independent and competitive in T areas, the non-Congress votes are further fragmented by 3 parties and it is advantageous to Congress. Read a post from Muppala that said its HAM portion of KHAM is intact. Congress is just risking and playing with "K" to see how that is going to take shape for the future.

In non-T, it is mainly Congress vs TDP only with Jagan as Haddi for the Congress. BJP is less likely to be any player for a generation.

In that respect TDP and Congress will corner 30-35 seats with 5-10 open for TRS and BJP. In the grand scheme of things gaining a few seats at the expense of a lot of more seats doesn't mean any thing. If BJP loses next election also, they will be trounced for ever. Risking its Nationalist view by going with subregionalist view will have price to pay.

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 03 Oct 2011 09:32

you are stuck in the thinking that BJP's miscalculation w/JAC is set in stone. I see these actions of a political party that is trying to find ground but can't find the right track yet. give it time. see how BJP evolves in AP. we will be surprised.

KSKumar
BRFite
Posts: 116
Joined: 15 Oct 2003 11:31
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby KSKumar » 03 Oct 2011 14:25

devesh wrote:KSKumar, is there a point to your post other than rabble rousing? if your intention is to provoke an equally rabble rousing response, then it can happen. it's just that the T-vadis on BRF want to stick with BRF's motto while some like you continue to be provocative with words like "yelling", etc.

The Telangana proponents of today and their ancestors had their chances to go their own way and blew it. It is too late to turn the clock back.


the above statement is a classic example of "tough luck, we own you now. better get used to it." you show your arrogance and smugness all in one sentence.

and it isn't "chanda reddy", it's Chenna Reddy. I would think His Highness would at least care to get the name right, or perhaps the name is representative of the T-dialect and therefore deserves to be played around with?

1956 agreement was "gentlemen's agreement". after suffering under Nizam loot for 3 centuries and under Islamic occupants for 7 centuries continuously, T was in no shape to clearly understand the reasons for its backwardness. the "dhimmi" culture had set in after so many centuries. memories of pre-Islamic Kakatiya glory were all forgotten, or receded into the back of peoples' minds.

in 1956, T had just come out of long occupation and it had no intellectual class who could successfully argue for its cause. and suddenly comes Potti Sriramulu on the scene, does his fast unto death, and thrusts his fantasies/ambitions on T people.

I am waiting for the day that T will finally start realizing what it once was. then as the political and intellectual renaissance takes place, I'd love to see how Coastals start "feeling" about it. they don't have the convenient "backward" T's to lord over anymore. and then, I have a feeling the tides will turn and Coastal regions will then talk about "separation". the migration will reverse. T's will start setting up base in Guntur and West Godavari, and then we'll see how the Coastals "feel".


What I wrote is the truth. If it is unpalatable to you, tough luck indeed.

The Telangana leadership had the full means of achieving their statehood in 1971-73. But, they blew it and much sewage flown in the Musi in that time. It is now impossible to set the clock back.

Hyderabad is now tied to multiple business interests. No one will like to see it slip into the naxal hands.

Before you shoot off, naxals dominate the Telanagana movement. Period. It suits them the most to have a large geography to play out their red dreams.

I would be insanely happy should Telangana intellectuals once again re-discover themselves and colonize the minds of the entire state. Why stop there? Please assume leadership at the national level. For that you do not need to spout all the garbage.

But, first you need intellectual honesty. Without that there is no achievement. Also, the current tactics should not succeed. If they do, Telangana people (and I with them, since this is my home), will have to pay some (not very pleasant) karmic debts.

Please ask Pakistanis about what that means.

You seem to be completely out of touch with AP's history. Else, "Chanda" Reddy would have have stuck home. The fact that you thought it was misspelt speaks volumes about how much you know.

KSKumar
BRFite
Posts: 116
Joined: 15 Oct 2003 11:31
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby KSKumar » 03 Oct 2011 14:34

Satya_anveshi wrote:
KSKumar wrote:It is interesting to see all Telangana proponents conveniently appearing and disappearing on this thread, based on how TRS is able to ratchet up the agitation.


Because we are going personal here, well, before yesterday I had posted exeactly one post AFTER 6-8 days(?) of region bandh and after many months during which also the agitation went along. So, how exactly that proves your point? and yes, will post as and when time permits.


Never mind boss. 6-8 days of bandh? When did that happen? In your wet dream?

You were full of bravado during the the initial surge after the Dec' 9 announcement. I think you truly thought, this is it. The hated Andhras will get kicked out.

Didn't turn out that way, did it? Then you gradually disappeared when the surge lost steam. Now that the Employee Unions have provided the fillip, you are back with "let's have some violence" posts.

Let's see how long you continue with this, once the employees call off the strike and go back to work.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 17:56

Satya_anveshi wrote:I notice the switch in your first question about water and now this follow up question about "water and development".
when you talk about employment opportunities within the context of telangana/andhra, my obvious take was on st jobs. Private sector has to play within the state govt fiscal/economic policies which will result out of state's political dynamics. Are you seriously expecting me to comment on that? :D I would have a great answer if I was in contention for that top post :lol:
Likewise, are to as talk about teh economic/fiscal policies of new Andhra state from this perspective.

"proper representation" comes from Einstein's theory of relativity :rotfl: 1/20=0.05; 1/10=0.1; 0.1>0.05. When those folks :(( , it will be heard loud and clear and without having to deal with these type of mofos


You are not in contention for top post since you don't know how to be diplomatic. What you are essentially said is "We will take political control of Hyderabad and force companies to hire Telangana natives almost exclusively"
1) I am sure GOI knows that and will not stand for it. The Idea of India is in question here.
2) If this is even attempted Telangana will sure be repeated in Andhra. So we will have two SJS happening at same time.

What is more likely to happen is a program to train Telangana natives so that they are employable in Hyderabad.

Aside: Are we now starting to see fight for Private jobs the same way that state jobs got divided up.

RamaY
BRF Oldie
Posts: 17249
Joined: 10 Aug 2006 21:11
Location: http://bharata-bhuti.blogspot.com/

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby RamaY » 03 Oct 2011 18:01

vnadendla garu,

From what we have seen on this forum and elsewhere there are no answers to legitimate questions except give us T-state demand.

If a T-state is formed it will be purely due to INC political calculations.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 18:03

Is it a fight between Rao and Reddy of AP by any chance?

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 18:06

If Telangana is formed Hyd would have no other option but to be capital of T notwithstanding breast-beating and thundering here.

However, removing people of other region from T would be unconstitutional and as rightly pointed out, that's not what India would stand for. It would not be allowed at any cost.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 18:18

RamaY wrote:vnadendla garu,

From what we have seen on this forum and elsewhere there are no answers to legitimate questions except give us T-state demand.

If a T-state is formed it will be purely due to INC political calculations.


We are beyond that question RamaY garu. The question is not IF T state will be formed. The fight is about jobs in Hyderabad and political space for "Settlers" and compensation (including opportunity cost) for Andhra for money sunk in Hyderabad. The cost of moving 50 Lakh people their homes and their companies to Andhra will be atleast few hundred Billion. So that will not happen. They will not be abandoned. Since those 50 Lakh are close relatives of 5 crore Andhras. So a settlement will be imposed.
Last edited by vnadendla on 03 Oct 2011 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4264
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vijayk » 03 Oct 2011 18:20

Private sector has to play within the state govt fiscal/economic policies which will result out of state's political dynamics.


:rotfl:

We don't have enough quotas in our country in public sector. Now we want quotas in private sector too! Not just caste quotas... regional quotas.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11545
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Aditya_V » 03 Oct 2011 18:23

chaanakya wrote:If Telangana is formed Hyd would have no other option but to be capital of T notwithstanding breast-beating and thundering here.

However, removing people of other region from T would be unconstitutional and as rightly pointed out, that's not what India would stand for. It would not be allowed at any cost.


It may not happen to white collar IT-Vity types, But the Bandi owners, Iron men, labourers who have come to Seemandhra it already seems to be a reality. I have seen this when I used to stay at Hyderabad, the guy who used to iron my clothes was a very efficient worker and had his native near Vijayawada. poor guy used to get threats from T-vadis.

The fear of 40-50 Lacs who the T-Vadis will classify as settlers is legitimate. Remember TRS got a place got Guntur Palli's name changed.

In any solution to T, the Government should get an exclusive statement along with relevant security that any ethnic cleansing initiatives by certain people supporting T-state will not be tolerated.

I guess the crux of the issue is what happens to Business Interests and the security of lacs of families who have stayed in Hyderabad for 2 generations. Virtually every family in AP will have relatives in Hyderabad.

Regarding MIM stand, they are effectively an extension of INC- agreement is no inference in the activities in old city while adequate resources from the state treasury are allocated to Old city Politicos. The will keep their stand according to the wishes of the High command.

I have a unique solution- let us divide Hyderabad like Berlin. Give areas invbetween, Medhipattinam to Uppal, RTC Xroads to Nehru zoo to T and rest of HUDA goes to AP. T can have the areas around Kacheguda, Abids, CHarminar, Afzalgunj etc, AP can have High Tech city, Gachibowli, Secunderabad, Begumpet, Banjara Hills,Jubilee Hills etc. Ameerpet, Kocatpalli, Bowlenpalli etc.- Sounds fair

Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3532
Joined: 08 Jan 2007 02:37

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Satya_anveshi » 03 Oct 2011 18:32

vnadendla wrote:What you are essentially said is "We will take political control of Hyderabad and force companies to hire Telangana natives almost exclusively"


KSKumar wrote:you are back with "let's have some violence" posts.


When you can't debate then pull strawmen argument by misquoting others and ascribing unitented motives and then do shadow boxing over that.

I have made multiple references of providing economic package, sustaining the growth agenda of Hyd and further providing impetus and ins spite of it vnadendla wants to misquote me for saying what is obvious to me that prior to evening forming the govt, who is going to form the govt and what sort of leaders...as they say..."avva ledu buvva ledu alludu peru somalingam". suffice to say I will be last person to call for govt meddling in these respects of private businesses.

KSKumar keeps doing what he is..he should also take heed out of the Plato quote I referred to RamaY. I hope you can find relevent quote in my posts calling for "let's have some violence". Ramana called for cutting out personal and this is second time KSKumar is going personal and misquoting/ascribing unintented motives.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 18:47

chaanakya wrote:If Telangana is formed Hyd would have no other option but to be capital of T notwithstanding breast-beating and thundering here.

However, removing people of other region from T would be unconstitutional and as rightly pointed out, that's not what India would stand for. It would not be allowed at any cost.


Even if you don't remove people of other region from T what are their political rights? How do you ensure they don't face covert discrimination?

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 18:50

Satya_anveshi wrote:
vnadendla wrote:What you are essentially said is "We will take political control of Hyderabad and force companies to hire Telangana natives almost exclusively"


KSKumar wrote:you are back with "let's have some violence" posts.


When you can't debate then pull strawmen argument by misquoting others and ascribing unitented motives and then do shadow boxing over that.

I have made multiple references of providing economic package, sustaining the growth agenda of Hyd and further providing impetus and ins spite of it vnadendla wants to misquote me for saying what is obvious to me that prior to evening forming the govt, who is going to form the govt and what sort of leaders...as they say..."avva ledu buvva ledu alludu peru somalingam". suffice to say I will be last person to call for govt meddling in these respects of private businesses.

KSKumar keeps doing what he is..he should also take heed out of the Plato quote I referred to RamaY. I hope you can find relevent quote in my posts calling for "let's have some violence". Ramana called for cutting out personal and this is second time KSKumar is going personal and misquoting/ascribing unintented motives.


Satya_anveshi
I am not talking of you. I am talking of the idea. If you took the time to be on BRF you probably are not that kind of person.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 18:53

Aditya_V wrote:
chaanakya wrote:If Telangana is formed Hyd would have no other option but to be capital of T notwithstanding breast-beating and thundering here.

However, removing people of other region from T would be unconstitutional and as rightly pointed out, that's not what India would stand for. It would not be allowed at any cost.


It may not happen to white collar IT-Vity types, But the Bandi owners, Iron men, labourers who have come to Seemandhra it already seems to be a reality. I have seen this when I used to stay at Hyderabad, the guy who used to iron my clothes was a very efficient worker and had his native near Vijayawada. poor guy used to get threats from T-vadis.

The fear of 40-50 Lacs who the T-Vadis will classify as settlers is legitimate. Remember TRS got a place got Guntur Palli's name changed.

In any solution to T, the Government should get an exclusive statement along with relevant security that any ethnic cleansing initiatives by certain people supporting T-state will not be tolerated.

I guess the crux of the issue is what happens to Business Interests and the security of lacs of families who have stayed in Hyderabad for 2 generations. Virtually every family in AP will have relatives in Hyderabad.

Regarding MIM stand, they are effectively an extension of INC- agreement is no inference in the activities in old city while adequate resources from the state treasury are allocated to Old city Politicos. The will keep their stand according to the wishes of the High command.

I have a unique solution- let us divide Hyderabad like Berlin. Give areas invbetween, Medhipattinam to Uppal, RTC Xroads to Nehru zoo to T and rest of HUDA goes to AP. T can have the areas around Kacheguda, Abids, CHarminar, Afzalgunj etc, AP can have High Tech city, Gachibowli, Secunderabad, Begumpet, Banjara Hills,Jubilee Hills etc. Ameerpet, Kocatpalli, Bowlenpalli etc.- Sounds fair


I have seen this solution before. However it doesn't seem to get to the reach of powers to be.

This is also fair to T since the fixed boundary of Andhra enclave means that future expansion is in T. It is up to T to sink money into Infrastructure / people to convince businesses to expand into T surrounding AP enclave.

This will also depend on Iron clad assurances from T that the monkey business will not be repeated - like cutting off water supply. Not just words.
Last edited by vnadendla on 03 Oct 2011 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 19:03

vnadendla wrote:
chaanakya wrote:If Telangana is formed Hyd would have no other option but to be capital of T notwithstanding breast-beating and thundering here.

However, removing people of other region from T would be unconstitutional and as rightly pointed out, that's not what India would stand for. It would not be allowed at any cost.


Even if you don't remove people of other region from T what are their political rights? How do you ensure they don't face covert discrimination?

can you tell me , in which part of India this does not happen? Whatever solution is offered elsewhere would be applicable in T also.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 19:05

can you tell me , in which part of India this does not happen? Whatever solution is offered elsewhere would be applicable in T also.


In that case "settlers" want a seperate state too. We are talking in circles.....Why are T vadis so desperate to have some one to discriminate against?

This is the classic mirror minority problem. The Minority wants to break away. Within its boundaries the Majority forms a "new" Minority which would want to break away too. No solution!
Last edited by vnadendla on 03 Oct 2011 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 19:12

Aditya_V wrote:
It may not happen to white collar IT-Vity types, But the Bandi owners, Iron men, labourers who have come to Seemandhra it already seems to be a reality. I have seen this when I used to stay at Hyderabad, the guy who used to iron my clothes was a very efficient worker and had his native near Vijayawada. poor guy used to get threats from T-vadis.

The fear of 40-50 Lacs who the T-Vadis will classify as settlers is legitimate. Remember TRS got a place got Guntur Palli's name changed.

In any solution to T, the Government should get an exclusive statement along with relevant security that any ethnic cleansing initiatives by certain people supporting T-state will not be tolerated.

I guess the crux of the issue is what happens to Business Interests and the security of lacs of families who have stayed in Hyderabad for 2 generations. Virtually every family in AP will have relatives in Hyderabad.

Regarding MIM stand, they are effectively an extension of INC- agreement is no inference in the activities in old city while adequate resources from the state treasury are allocated to Old city Politicos. The will keep their stand according to the wishes of the High command.

I have a unique solution- let us divide Hyderabad like Berlin. Give areas invbetween, Medhipattinam to Uppal, RTC Xroads to Nehru zoo to T and rest of HUDA goes to AP. T can have the areas around Kacheguda, Abids, CHarminar, Afzalgunj etc, AP can have High Tech city, Gachibowli, Secunderabad, Begumpet, Banjara Hills,Jubilee Hills etc. Ameerpet, Kocatpalli, Bowlenpalli etc.- Sounds fair


I appreciate what you say. However, I think most of the fear would prove to be unjustified. Migration is taking place in India at an unprecedented level , at all strata of society. Where there is need there would be migration. Some churning would take place but then things have tendency to return to equilibrium.

Division of Hyd like that of Berlin would be impractical and like Berlin it would have to be merged.

However I am not able to comprehend what is the basis for demand? This is most fundamental issue. Unless there is clarity on this aspect, agitations may not pass muster. From Outsider's perspective I feel all AP has more or less homogeneous culture and same language. Economic backwardness could be easily solved within existing state.. That is why I have conditional statements , i.e. If T then Hyd as capital. The question for me is Why T?

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 19:14

vnadendla wrote:
can you tell me , in which part of India this does not happen? Whatever solution is offered elsewhere would be applicable in T also.


In that case "settlers" want a seperate state too. We are talking in circles.....Why are T vadis so desperate to have some one to discriminate against?

If they can gain critical mass they can also demand. But if that is the question they can go back to roots. No?

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 19:24

chaanakya wrote:
vnadendla wrote:
In that case "settlers" want a seperate state too. We are talking in circles.....Why are T vadis so desperate to have some one to discriminate against?

If they can gain critical mass they can also demand. But if that is the question they can go back to roots. No?


is 50 L critical mass?

They cannot go back. It will cost hundreds of billions of $. Who has the money and political will?

Sushupti
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5198
Joined: 22 Dec 2010 21:24

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Sushupti » 03 Oct 2011 19:43

Jagan had Rs 15,000-cr deal with Congress!

If sources are to be believed YSR Congress party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy will soon get out of the mess in the form of CBI inquiry, ED raids and IT harassment into his illegal assets case, thanks to his reported deal with the Congress high command.

And hold your breath, the deal is learnt to have cost Jagan a whopping Rs 15,000 crore. According to highly placed souces, Jama Masjid Imam Syed Bukhari and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi are believed to have brokered the truce between Jagan and the Congress high command; and of course, AICC in-charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs and Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Congress president Sonia Gandhi's political secretary Ahmed Patel also did their bit in finalizing the deal.

Sources said the mediators and the bigwigs in the Congress party had charged Rs 15,000 crore for materializing the deal.

One prominent industrialist, who is into cement manufacturing, is learnt to have facilitated the transfer of the money. This industrialist was instrumental in helping Jaganmohan Reddy getting some investments routed through benami accounts into his companies, also through Hindi media group in the North, in which Jaganmohan Reddy is said to be having some stakes.

As per the deal, the CBI will dilute cases against Jagan at a later stage. In return, he will support Rahul Gandhi to become Prime Minister after the next general elections. Already, the Income Tax department officials have done maximum to dilute cases against him by clubbing all cases as one unit, by entrusting them to some easy-going officers, some of whom are loyal to Jagan. Sources said had those cases not been clubbed, he would have faced some problems from straight forward officers.

http://www.greatandhra.com/viewnews.php ... 15&scat=16

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2461
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 03 Oct 2011 19:51

Sushupti wrote:
Jagan had Rs 15,000-cr deal with Congress!

If sources are to be believed YSR Congress party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy will soon get out of the mess in the form of CBI inquiry, ED raids and IT harassment into his illegal assets case, thanks to his reported deal with the Congress high command.

And hold your breath, the deal is learnt to have cost Jagan a whopping Rs 15,000 crore. According to highly placed souces, Jama Masjid Imam Syed Bukhari and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi are believed to have brokered the truce between Jagan and the Congress high command; and of course, AICC in-charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs and Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Congress president Sonia Gandhi's political secretary Ahmed Patel also did their bit in finalizing the deal.

Sources said the mediators and the bigwigs in the Congress party had charged Rs 15,000 crore for materializing the deal.

One prominent industrialist, who is into cement manufacturing, is learnt to have facilitated the transfer of the money. This industrialist was instrumental in helping Jaganmohan Reddy getting some investments routed through benami accounts into his companies, also through Hindi media group in the North, in which Jaganmohan Reddy is said to be having some stakes.

As per the deal, the CBI will dilute cases against Jagan at a later stage. In return, he will support Rahul Gandhi to become Prime Minister after the next general elections. Already, the Income Tax department officials have done maximum to dilute cases against him by clubbing all cases as one unit, by entrusting them to some easy-going officers, some of whom are loyal to Jagan. Sources said had those cases not been clubbed, he would have faced some problems from straight forward officers.

http://www.greatandhra.com/viewnews.php ... 15&scat=16


So NDTV is conduit according to this. So this CBI case is a way to get the man and his money by Gandhis who might not have satisfied with low % cut they got before.

Why is only Jagan-friendly website published this? I wonder

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 53967
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ramana » 03 Oct 2011 19:54

Now that Jagan has capitulated is "All izz well"? Will they send back KCR back to his shop? Note the supposed role of MIM in brokering.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 19:56

vnadendla wrote:
chaanakya wrote:If they can gain critical mass they can also demand. But if that is the question they can go back to roots. No?


is 50 L critical mass?

They cannot go back. It will cost hundreds of billions of $. Who has the money and political will?


No 50 L is not at all critical in T whose population could be far higher.



They will not go back either and if T is there nothing would happen to them. But one needs to find Why T. Don't we?
I can tell you from our experience that this really does not happen. In all bifurcated stated recently , no such thing has been noticed.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2461
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 03 Oct 2011 20:07

chaanakya wrote:
vnadendla wrote:is 50 L critical mass?

They cannot go back. It will cost hundreds of billions of $. Who has the money and political will?


No 50 L is not at all critical in T whose population could be far higher.



They will not go back either and if T is there nothing would happen to them. But one needs to find Why T. Don't we?
I can tell you from our experience that this really does not happen. In all bifurcated stated recently , no such thing has been noticed.


Non-T is critical mass in Hyderabad which is where it matters. Those who want T make up may be 20% in Hyderabad.

Whatever "Mulki rules" apply, they are natives of Hyderabad so no case of them going back any where.

CM KKR is native of Hyderbad, Jagan is native of Hyderabad, and families of those that T-vadis despise are natives of Hyderabad.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 03 Oct 2011 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 20:17

chaanakya wrote:
vnadendla wrote:
is 50 L critical mass?

They cannot go back. It will cost hundreds of billions of $. Who has the money and political will?


No 50 L is not at all critical in T whose population could be far higher.



They will not go back either and if T is there nothing would happen to them. But one needs to find Why T. Don't we?
I can tell you from our experience that this really does not happen. In all bifurcated stated recently , no such thing has been noticed.


We don't need T. But its very hard to put Genie back in bottle.

We had no "capital grabbing" in any state that is bifurcated yet. It is a vibrant booming AP capital in middle of a region that wants to break away

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3937
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby KLNMurthy » 03 Oct 2011 20:23

In 1969 T agitation was because of fight to claim dominant share of state govt bureaucratic machinery. There was not much interest on private enterprise.

Present agitation is for control over political and mega-real estate nexus in Hyderabad, as well as mafia-type extortion of legitimate private business. In rural 'districts' naxalites already have many years' experience and expertise in such extortion. They are now expanding to Hyderabad.

In both cases public sentiment is a reality but that is the result of calibrated manipulation of emotions by T leadership which now has access to considerable propaganda skills of naxals. It is a classic case of fascism: channel energy of masses by reinforcing herd mentality and generating hatred of Other. Fact is, the combination of belongingness and the ability to be able to thrash the Other is very attractive for masses. Challenge for leadership is to harness this energy but to keep it in check as they don't really want to destroy business in Hyderabad but keep it alive to extort. Mass violence against Other is a loaded gun for motivating business people to pay extortion. Unleashing violence once in a while shows their seriousness.

What is lost in Hyd is open public access to business opportunity for people who cannot pay the extortion or become partners with the criminals.

Dasari
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 04 Mar 2009 09:20

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Dasari » 03 Oct 2011 20:30

This entire movement is founded on hatred. The separatist leaders are riding on a Tiger which they cannot get down, lest it will eat them. Beside inciting passions by spewing hatred towards andhrites, in the zeal to grab power, they went overboard with huge expectations that are impossible to achieve. When the honeymoon of separation is over and the false promises fail to materialize, the separatists will be cornered to go after settlers even more harder until there is no more return. By then, the average settler is harassed, abused and forced to leave. This is unlike any other separation that happened in India and dwarfs what happened to Kashmiri pundits in J&K. It is all over for the so called settlers.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 20:44

ShyamSP wrote:
Non-T is critical mass in Hyderabad which is where it matters. Those who want T make up may be 20% in Hyderabad.

Whatever "Mulki rules" apply, they are natives of Hyderabad so no case of them going back any where.

CM KKR is native of Hyderbad, Jagan is native of Hyderabad, and families of those that T-vadis despise are natives of Hyderabad.


Hyd would not matter in case of T as it is totally within T. and in T 50 L would not at all be a critical mass. In future T would flock to T and non T would cease to matter numerically even in Hyd. But such is the dynamics of partition. In Pakistan, Minorities cease to have any significant voice. But same misery would not befall here for the simple reason that culturally it seems same.

Rao vs Reddy onlee.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 20:50

vnadendla wrote:
We don't need T. But its very hard to put Genie back in bottle.

We had no "capital grabbing" in any state that is bifurcated yet. It is a vibrant booming AP capital in middle of a region that wants to break away

That's the tough part.


In all other cases seperating part had their own cities aspiring for Capitalship.Here it is opposite. Tough luck.

But Vizag and Vijayawada or warangal are fine cities and could be made Capital with more investment. It would spur growth as well.

Bihar lost Jharkhand and now it is second fastest growing economy in the country after Gujarat.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2461
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 03 Oct 2011 20:54

chaanakya wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:
Non-T is critical mass in Hyderabad which is where it matters. Those who want T make up may be 20% in Hyderabad.

Whatever "Mulki rules" apply, they are natives of Hyderabad so no case of them going back any where.

CM KKR is native of Hyderbad, Jagan is native of Hyderabad, and families of those that T-vadis despise are natives of Hyderabad.


Hyd would not matter in case of T as it is totally within T. and in T 50 L would not at all be a critical mass. In future T would flock to T and non T would cease to matter numerically even in Hyd. But such is the dynamics of partition. In Pakistan, Minorities cease to have any significant voice. But same misery would not befall here for the simple reason that culturally it seems same.

Rao vs Reddy onlee.


Right now there are two plausible solutions (UT and common capital). In both cases Hyderabad matter and it matters leading up to any sort of division.

Dasari
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 04 Mar 2009 09:20

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby Dasari » 03 Oct 2011 21:03

RamaY wrote:If a T-state is formed it will be purely due to INC political calculations.


Couldn't agree more? Right from 2004, it was conceived and nurtured by Congress for various reasons. If they have such lever to operate in every state, they can rule this country many many years.

This is the latest speculation from Indian express. "Congress believes that they can win Andhra even after splitting the state". So the deal with Jagan must be true.

By D.K. Singh

As TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao brought the Telangana issue to New Delhi, holding a sit-in at Rajghat, and as the shutdown in Andhra Pradesh entered the 20th day, the Congress was veering around to the idea of bifurcating the state.
While it was earlier not willing to consider anything more than the Srikrishna Committee’s suggestion of a statutory Regional Council, it now believes “things have gone much beyond”. Even making Hyderabad a joint capital for 10 years or more is reportedly on the table.

As per the party’s assessment, if Telangana is denied, the legislators who have quit, along with Jagan Mohan Reddy loyalists, could force the Kiran Reddy regime out.

On the other hand, if Andhra is bifurcated, the Congress believes, Reddy could survive and the party could also come to power in the new state with the TRS.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 03 Oct 2011 21:05

chaanakya wrote:
vnadendla wrote:
We don't need T. But its very hard to put Genie back in bottle.

We had no "capital grabbing" in any state that is bifurcated yet. It is a vibrant booming AP capital in middle of a region that wants to break away

That's the tough part.


In all other cases seperating part had their own cities aspiring for Capitalship.Here it is opposite. Tough luck.

But Vizag and Vijayawada or warangal are fine cities and could be made Capital with more investment. It would spur growth as well.

Bihar lost Jharkhand and now it is second fastest growing economy in the country after Gujarat.

Its not tough luck if we can help it. Make our case heard.

If you have 200 B to invest in new capital of AP then we can talk. All govt employess, their families, their houses, the businesses that are dependent on them, the businesses of their family members ....How can you move them? Are you going to move Infosys? Are you going to pay for the move? Are you going to build and give flats to all the software engineers. are you going to compensate them for the losses they took? Its not easy.....
If you say hard luck and partition AP without proper thought next day Telangana will be repeated in AP.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9513
Joined: 09 Jan 2010 13:30

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby chaanakya » 03 Oct 2011 21:37

vnadendla wrote:Its not tough luck if we can help it. Make our case heard.

If you have 200 B to invest in new capital of AP then we can talk. All govt employess, their families, their houses, the businesses that are dependent on them, the businesses of their family members ....How can you move them? Are you going to move Infosys? Are you going to pay for the move? Are you going to build and give flats to all the software engineers. are you going to compensate them for the losses they took? Its not easy.....
If you say hard luck and partition AP without proper thought next day Telangana will be repeated in AP.


That is Fine.

As for second para , it has happened umpteenth time and there is no guarantee that it would not happen again. Is there any?

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3937
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby KLNMurthy » 03 Oct 2011 21:58

There should be no mistake: T movement's outcome and probably goal is to cut Hyderabad down to size, from a budding functional global economic powerhouse to a demoralized dead-end cesspool with a veneer of fake elegance under control of a criminal class, as in the nizam days, or as is the case of paki cities like lahore or karachi today. This looks to be a step in the direction of dismantling India.

This is not in India's interest, not in Telangana people's interest, even though they might believe it is. On the other hand, I imagine China or Pak don't have a problem with it.

devesh
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5129
Joined: 17 Feb 2011 03:27

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby devesh » 03 Oct 2011 23:24

I propose a solution. why not give a lot of T people land and opportunities in a coastal city like Vishakhapatnam? I want to see how the Coastals react to that. lots of crying about "unconstitutional" etc. let's see how T mass "settlement" in Vishakha or Vijayawada is taken? things will eventually work out this way. Guntur and Krishna will see this trend starting in the next few years. the real fun will start once the coastal towns start getting this migration....

the number 50 lakh is doing rounds on the thread. so a commensurate 50 lakh T people in Vishakha and/or Vijayawada...... :)

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2461
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 03 Oct 2011 23:43

devesh wrote:I propose a solution. why not give a lot of T people land and opportunities in a coastal city like Vishakhapatnam? I want to see how the Coastals react to that. lots of crying about "unconstitutional" etc. let's see how T mass "settlement" in Vishakha or Vijayawada is taken? things will eventually work out this way. Guntur and Krishna will see this trend starting in the next few years. the real fun will start once the coastal towns start getting this migration....

the number 50 lakh is doing rounds on the thread. so a commensurate 50 lakh T people in Vishakha and/or Vijayawada...... :)


Zonal systems created current ghetto mentality. Without it, if we had a system where some % reserved * for other areas, population distribution would have been even and regionality would have been diluted even more.

* e.g: If some industry started by government in say Nellore give 15% jobs each reserved/preferred for people from RS and Telangana areas or something like 1 job out of 100 reserved for each district.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2461
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby ShyamSP » 03 Oct 2011 23:51

KLNMurthy wrote:There should be no mistake: T movement's outcome and probably goal is to cut Hyderabad down to size, from a budding functional global economic powerhouse to a demoralized dead-end cesspool with a veneer of fake elegance under control of a criminal class, as in the nizam days, or as is the case of paki cities like lahore or karachi today. This looks to be a step in the direction of dismantling India.

This is not in India's interest, not in Telangana people's interest, even though they might believe it is. On the other hand, I imagine China or Pak don't have a problem with it.



Congress works better under poverty. Rice for 1 ruppee is step in the right direction towards their Garib Hatao schemes. By 2014 AP will reach right poverty levels so Congress can gain votes.

We social-engineered these people for 30 years. How dare they listen to TDP and other parties and grow outside Congress/Central help. Let's get them back to Congress fold by social-engineering a section of these people.

vnadendla
BRFite
Posts: 132
Joined: 09 Mar 2006 00:40
Location: USA

Re: Telangana Monitor

Postby vnadendla » 04 Oct 2011 00:01

devesh wrote:I propose a solution. why not give a lot of T people land and opportunities in a coastal city like Vishakhapatnam? I want to see how the Coastals react to that. lots of crying about "unconstitutional" etc. let's see how T mass "settlement" in Vishakha or Vijayawada is taken? things will eventually work out this way. Guntur and Krishna will see this trend starting in the next few years. the real fun will start once the coastal towns start getting this migration....

the number 50 lakh is doing rounds on the thread. so a commensurate 50 lakh T people in Vishakha and/or Vijayawada...... :)


Go Buy. What's stopping you? I have some land to sell.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Manish_Sharma, MSN [Bot], s_gopal, shravanp and 54 guests