Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 22, 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 22, 20

Post by ramana »

No problem AmberG, I thought some thing deep was involved in posting those two pictures. The WH was US hosting terrorists who were working to over throw the FSU from Afghanistan. JS was trying to get Indian hostages released from a plane hijacked to Kabul and surrounded with armed Taliban.

Thanks for explaining how they are similar. I stand by my moral compass statement and looks like it will be vindicated by test of time. Atleast on BRF it has led to some introspection.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

interesting how posting a few pics of muj in WH led the america rakshaks to take offence and come running to protect the H&D of amrika by a cheap ==.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Pakistan: "We will not let the government keep hostage the hero of Islam, who killed a blasphemous infidel
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/10/pakis ... -infi.html
Harmzada Fazue Karim, president of the Sunni Ittehad Council, has announced for 21 November next, a human chain under the slogan: "Bring down the government." According to the extremist leader, a long line of people will link Rawalpindi – home to the court that handed down the sentence against Qadri - and Karachi in southern Pakistan, demanding the resignation of the executive. "We will not let the government - said Sahibzada Fazle Karim – keep hostage the hero of Islam, who killed a blasphemous infidel." He then launches an appeal to all Muslims, to fight together against "the government, the Ahmadis and the West" accused of "conspiracy against Islam."
In a surprise decision, the former head of the Lahore High Court has decided to take the legal defense of Qadri in the appeal process in Islamabad. "Qadri’s gesture is justified - says the judge – as one of a true Muslim." The members of the Association of lawyers of Rawalpindi have also given the government an ultimatum: if within five days Judge Syed Pervez Ali Shah - author of the sentence to death – is not transferred a lawyers strike will be launched nationwide. Meanwhile, the city attorney has suspended the enforceability of the death sentence, pending appeal
parsuram
BRFite

Post by parsuram »

AmberG: Unless you were establishing identity of terrorists (in WH with those hijacking IA flight) - from what I saw, they were not the same terrorists, then, all I saw was an embarrasing event (giving in to blackmail) in India's fight against the paki's terrorists coupled with the WH praising, voluenterily, on its own, similar terrorists as "founding fathers" of Afghanistan - equating them to washington, jefferson, adams, etc. If you had a point to make there, in posting those pics together, it escaped me and others. I'll welcome any explanation. to me there was no equivalance, but hey, that's just my thoughts in process.
Pattom
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pattom »

Nation with advanced nuclear and missile development capabilities unable to repair its trains and planes. Pretty soon, no fuel for vehicles on the roads. They will revert to village life with no electricity, no water, and little food. (PBUH) would be proud!

Pakistan rail service disrupted by fuel shortages
PIA in toilet
Lights out

When infrastructure crumbles this fast, civil society will implode spectacularly. I can't wait for the show to begin!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

AmberG,

Interesting to see that when an elected Indian official of the level of Jaswant Singh (FM) no less, put himself in harms way by directly travelling to Afghanistan for saving the lives of innocent Indian citizens - you call him
"It was similar to Taliban visiting WH..this time, JS, as the report said, actually getting photographed with (and taking Mithai etc) to hijackers and their backers."
Quite interesting, you equate this to the Taliban visiting WH - and what was the equivalence, pray? Were any of your relatives, on the flight in Afghanistan? Clearly, you lack any sort of empathy whatsoever as long as you are not directly affected, and its obvious that you are not bothered but clearly Jaswant Singh was worried that what happened to Rupin Katyal (http://www.rediff.com/news/2000/dec/23ia2.htm) may have been replicated. Anyone with any iota of understanding of military capabilities viz Indian Armed forces would also understand that any military option was off the table as well.
My consul to you, if you are willing to take it, is that we should stop wondering about others "thinking process" or judging others "moral compass". It is not helpful and it brings disrepute to this great forum. We all bring different vision to this forum but we are not traitors.
What moral compass and what different vision? Would be interesting to observe yours before you seek to give free advice to Ramana et al. All we have seen so far from your end is political partisanship. IE
(I do wonder, however, if instead of JS it was SM Krishna, would you have still rebuked me )

You do this forum no service by your comments. If SM Krishna, or for that matter any Indian official were to show a quarter of the spine Jaswant Singh showed in that situation, this forum would understand, as versus your pontificating. I am no fan of Jaswant Singh, and his turn the other cheek tendencies when it comes to Pak in recent days. But on this occasion, he lived up to his credo as an ex IA officer, irrespective of the armchair political quarterbacking political partisans like you indulge in. Shame.
Last edited by Karan M on 16 Oct 2011 01:16, edited 2 times in total.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

AmberG,

waah....please stop with the "we are not traitors" BS. you might not be traitors but if you had your way, you would make sure that India was a poodle to US. and then you would call that "strategic depth" or "strategic foresight" or worse yet "India officially a superpower"....

that photo of Jaswant Singh has the background of India being forced to do something drastic to protect its innocent civilians in a foreign hostile nation.

and you are equating that with Taliban going to WH and POTUS claiming they are the equivalent of some "great men".

this is Paki logic.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

When infrastructure crumbles this fast, civil society will implode spectacularly. I can't wait for the show to begin!
Bakistan has civil shoshiety hain?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

SSridhar wrote: In his article, 'the 2001-2002 Standoff: A Real-time View from Islamabad', Col. (R) David Smith (a twice-serving former US military attache in Islamabad) says that the PA felt they they could deploy their two Corps from NWFP to the India borders without too much logistic hassles. Few other units had to move more than 50 Kms from their peacetime positions to wartime positions. He is also claiming that the fuel & munitions dumps created at that time closer to the border have been retained for future needs.
Please to be sharing the link. Thanx.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

this week's economist has a couple of slamming articles on pakistan... everyone is waiting for the lights to go out it seems
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

If the world's magnetic poles are constantly reversing and moving, one can't really rely on compasses to tell the right direction! Kyon ji? :wink:
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Lalmohan wrote:this week's economist has a couple of slamming articles on pakistan... everyone is waiting for the lights to go out it seems
Links to the articles in question:
http://www.economist.com/node/21532322
http://www.economist.com/node/21532333
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Rahul M wrote:interesting how posting a few pics of muj in WH led the america rakshaks to take offence and come running to protect the H&D of amrika by a cheap ==.
Not very surprising. These people were glad "that they [Rana etc.] are not in "Indian Hands"".

Selective amnesia is very useful.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Regarding JEM's so-called excellent post: I am not sure what he meant. In any case, people stopped defending B. Raman very soon. However, I concede that many people like Jinnah and Fai-sponsored Rajinder Sachar would agree with B. Raman's views expressed in that India Today article. So please accept my apologies.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

rohitvats wrote:
SSridhar wrote: In his article, 'the 2001-2002 Standoff: A Real-time View from Islamabad', Col. (R) David Smith (a twice-serving former US military attache in Islamabad) says that the PA felt they they could deploy their two Corps from NWFP to the India borders without too much logistic hassles. Few other units had to move more than 50 Kms from their peacetime positions to wartime positions. He is also claiming that the fuel & munitions dumps created at that time closer to the border have been retained for future needs.
Please to be sharing the link. Thanx.
It is from the book, "The India, Pakistan Military Standoff: Crisis and Escalation in South Asia" Edited by Zachary S Davis, Palgrave Macmillan Publ., 2011
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

ramana, that poster of Reagan is simply wrong.

As I said before, without knowing the identity of those people, how can you call them terrorists? And the associated quote by Reagan was definitely not made regarding anybody in Afghanistan (it was about Nicaraguan contras).

I am just correcting misinformation posted in this thread. If you consider this off topic, then so should the original picture be.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote:The WH was US hosting terrorists who were working to over throw the FSU from Afghanistan. JS was trying to get Indian hostages released from a plane hijacked to Kabul and surrounded with armed Taliban.
Rahul M wrote:interesting how posting a few pics of muj in WH led the america rakshaks to take offence and come running to protect the H&D of amrika by a cheap ==.
Absolutely.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Nandu,

I don't know about cowboy clown Regan, who is almost accorded Godly status only next to Jesus Christ in US, but I do know (just do a google or youtube search), the so called "liberal" Zbignief Brizinsky did indeed hobknob and issued statements that hailed Talibunnies and assoretd scum as great freedom fighters with whom US shares solidarity.

SS: In general, one must admit that TSPA/ISI have a ball whenever we argumentative Indians, both Congressis and BJP wallahs, fight with each other over who was softer on terror, Congressis never tire of pointing to Jassu bhai hand in hand with Masood Azhar when anyone points to MMS's "India and TSP's destinies are intertwined", "India cannot progress without piss with TSP" strategy to deal with TSP. Matter of fact, TSPA/ISI being master manipulators of interal dynamics be it in TSP itself or in India or USA, calibrate their terror strategy and then reap the benefits of such internecine battles.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

The e-con-o-mist article says only that Poak "religious leaders mistrust western ways." The reality is the mullahs (peace be unto them) think the polio vaccine is meant to sterilize their youth ( not that anyone outside Poakistan thinks that a bad )
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Well one shouldn't get so offended if Reagan did really equate the Taliban with America's "founding fathers".

He may well have been aware of the similarities at a deeper level :D

After all it was Jefferson who proposed:
Indeed, even their great intellectuals like Thomas Jefferson, who advocated free-thinking on religion, upheld these core aspects of the developing identity. This becomes clear when one examines his “Indian Removal Plan”. His main idea was to enforce the pretamata on the natives at the expense of their own traditions and force them to adopt “Western European culture” and eventually assimilate into the white identity of the US. Failing this they were to be driven westwards or exterminated.

http://manasataramgini.wordpress.com/20 ... dentities/
pretamata = Christianity.

Andrew Jackson just implemented Jefferson's vision.

More recently in the 90s, Jefferson's admirer Christopher Hitchens wrote that the genocide of Native Americans should be celebrated with "great vim and gusto".

So let us get out of this America and "founding father" worship that seems to infect some Indians soon as they land up in the US.

OT I know but couldn't resist, if anyone wants more info will be happy to provide in the off-topic thread.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Nandu wrote:ramana, that poster of Reagan is simply wrong.

As I said before, without knowing the identity of those people, how can you call them terrorists? And the associated quote by Reagan was definitely not made regarding anybody in Afghanistan (it was about Nicaraguan contras).

I am just correcting misinformation posted in this thread. If you consider this off topic, then so should the original picture be.
It is easy to find at least two sources:

From The Atlantic
Ronald Reagan, welcoming Afghan mujahideen to the White House in 1985, referred to his guests as "the moral equivalent of America's Founding Fathers."
And this is from a book link

Ananya
BRFite

Post by Ananya »

Post-Osama killing, Zardari feared army coup: Report

A week after the covert US raid in Pakistan that killed Osama bin Laden,
President Asif Ali Zardari sought to reach out to the Obama
administration to stop army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani from staging a coup,

a Pakistan-American businessman has said.

Not sure if this has been discussed before but this talks abt dismantalling the S-wing and Adm Mike Mullen was the messenger between Zardari and OB. This report first came out in FT

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/post- ... ort-140553
parsuram
BRFite

Post by parsuram »

Ananya wrote:Post-Osama killing, Zardari feared army coup: Report

A week after the covert US raid in Pakistan that killed Osama bin Laden,
President Asif Ali Zardari sought to reach out to the Obama
administration to stop army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani from staging a coup,

a Pakistan-American businessman has said.

Not sure if this has been discussed before but this talks abt dismantalling the S-wing and Adm Mike Mullen was the messenger between Zardari and OB. This report first came out in FT

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/post- ... ort-140553
^^^^^^^^^^^

When humiliated, in need of having hijra hood stoked, the paki armi attacks and defeats paki stan. never fails. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: this time, though, was all out of niavgra for pre stoking. :((
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

abhishek_sharma wrote:
From The Atlantic
Ronald Reagan, welcoming Afghan mujahideen to the White House in 1985, referred to his guests as "the moral equivalent of America's Founding Fathers."
Well America is certainly sticking to its principles and cannot morally go against its founding fathers the Taliban or their g(r)andfathers, the Paki army.

Hence the effete "pinprick attacks" by unmanned ("womanned?"/chudiyan type) UAV attacks against two or three people at a time. I am guessing that one Predator mission against one Talibunny must cost at least a million daalahs.

The last time I saw a superpower that had an awesome world beating military capability that could not be used while it was unable to support its own domestic economy I was a much younger man and the power was called "The Evil Soviet Empire"
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

Syed Jammat Ali Shah, Pakistan commissioner of the Indus Basin Water Treaty Commission:
“We do not have a single international water expert in Pakistan. We always seek help from England or the US. We cannot negotiate with India unless we increase (mental?) capacity,” he said.

“How can anyone from our government talk about water as an economic resource with [Indian Prime Minsiter] Manmohan Singh? He has a PhD in economics; no one in our government does,” he said.

Code: Select all

http://tribune.com.pk/story/274344/india-pakistan-issues-forget-kashmir-terrorism-worry-about-water/
Upendra
BRFite

Post by Upendra »

suryag wrote:Upendraji you forgot SriSri MK Bhadra Kumar in that list, he is more than a WKK, Prashant Bhushan can be 12th man in this team
Tamang wrote:
Upendra wrote:List of WKKs who should consider volunteering for Behead4Peace campaign
Kuldip Nayar
Dileep Padgaonkar
Harinder Baweja
Gautam Navlakha
Barkha Dutt

Please suggest more names of WKK's
This blasphemy, how could you forget Arundhati Roy and Mahesh Bhatt.
New List . . .
Kuldip Nayar
Dileep Padgaonkar
Harinder Baweja
Gautam Navlakha
Barkha Dutt
Arundhati Roy
Mahesh Bhatt
M K Bhadra Kumar

keep sending names of your favorite wkk's
Last edited by SSridhar on 16 Oct 2011 17:17, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited to remove offensive and unacceptable portions. Upendra, be mindful of language used.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

shiv wrote:
Hence the effete "pinprick attacks" by unmanned ("womanned?"/chudiyan type) UAV attacks against two or three people at a time. I am guessing that one Predator mission against one Talibunny must cost at least a million daalahs.
Shiv
I think that US does not want to see beheading of US soldiers on camera. They simply do not want to see those images on youtube and broadcasted in US. The damage to morale and H&D would be much higher than million dollars. Even if he is not beheaded the ransom demand would be more than 10 times the average predator op. Its economics and H&D.
JMT
Altair
Upendra
BRFite

Post by Upendra »

Al Keedas doing Mauja hi Mauja in Abbottabads

MANY MORE ABBOTTABADS WAITING TO BE DISCOVERED IN PAKISTAN
B.RAMAN

When Abu Zubaidah, who was reportedly No.3 of Al Qaeda at the time of 9/11, was ultimately traced to his rabbit-hole and arrested, it was not in the tribal belt. It was in the house of a local office-bearer of the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET) in Faislabad, a city of Pakistani Punjab.

2. When RamziBinalshib, another top gun of Al Qaeda, was ultimately traced to his rabbit-hole and arrested, it was found to be in Karachi.

3. When Khalid Sheikh Mohammad, who co-ordinated the 9/11 strikes in the US on behalf of Osama bin Laden and who slit the throat of Daniel Pearl, the US journalist, was ultimately traced to his rabbit-hole and arrested, it was found to be in the house of a women's wing leader of the Jamaat-e-Islami (JEI) in Rawalpindi right under the nose of the General Headquarters of the Pakistan Army.

4. When Osama bin Laden himself was ultimately traced to his rabbit-hole and killed, it was found to be in Abbottabad near the training academy of the Pakistan Army.

5. The US is now looking for the rabbit-holes of Ayman al-Zawahiri, who has taken over the leadership of Al Qaeda, Jallaludin and SerajuddinHaqqani of the so-called Haqqani network, Mulla Mohammad Omar of the Afghan Taliban, and HakimullahMehsud of the Pakistani Taliban.

6.Their rabbit-holes are likely to be in areas outside the reach of the Drones. While continuing the Drone strikes to keep the jihadi top guns running for cover, the US should also look for other Abbottabads strewn across Pakistan.

7. It was good human intelligence that led the CIA to the rabbit-hole of OBL. The Navy SEALS followed later. It is good human intelligence which will again lead the CIA to the rabbit-holes of others badly wanted.

8. The US should seek allies in this hunt. Those allies could come from the Mohajirs of Karachi, the Balochs of Karachi and Balochistan and the Shias of the Kurram Agency and Gilgit-Baltistan. They are as fed up with the jihadis and their ISI master as the US.

9. The US should constitute them into a Southern Alliance against terrorism and give them the capability and the resources to hunt effectively. They will expect a quid pro quo in the form political support for their grievances. The US should not hesitate to give them the support they want.

10. It is time to think strategically of a future dispensation in Pakistan that would help in achieving final and durable victory against jihadi terrorism with ISI's characteristics. A Southern Alliance of non-radical elements of the present Pakistan, which are as unhappy about jihadi terrorism and the ISI as the US, has to be the linchpin of such a strategy.

11. Start thinking, start acting.

(The writer is Additional Secretary (retd), Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India, New Delhi, and, presently, Director, Institute For Topical Studies, Chennai, and Associate of the Chennai Centre for China Studies)
Upendra
BRFite

Post by Upendra »

Over 2,300 people killed in 300 US strikes in Pak
Islamabad: The United States' 'covert' drone war in Pakistan has reached a grim milestone with the 300th attack on alleged militants in South Waziristan Agency on Friday night, according to a research by a London-based not-for-profit organisation.

"Just before dawn on Saturday, CIA drones struck a housing compound in Angor Adda, South Waziristan. Up to six alleged militants died in the attack with at least three injured. The casualties were linked to local militant commander Maulvi Nazir. He is viewed as hostile by the US because of militant attacks inside Afghanistan, despite his having a long-standing peace deal with Pakistan," the Bureau of Investigative Journalism said.

It said it has now identified 300 drone strikes since June 17, 2004, of which, 248 have occurred during US President Barack Obama's three years in office, rising to a frequency of one strike every four days.

According to a detailed analysis of the attacks, at least 2,318 people have been killed in the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) campaign, the majority of them alleged militants

But among them, at least 386 civilians -- and as many as 775 -- have reportedly died, the Bureau's investigations show, including more than 170 children. And more than 1,100 people have been reported injured.

The CIA itself recently admitted to killing 2,050 people with its drones -- all but 50 of them combatants -- after the Bureau published its database in August.

Despite substantial evidence published by the Bureau of civilian deaths caused by its strikes, the US continues to claim that it has killed no 'non-combatants' in Pakistan since May 2010, the report said.

The Bureau said its data is drawn from reputable sources, including international news agencies and credible Pakistani media.

It is also cross-referenced where possible against leaked US intelligence documents and diplomatic cables; the writings of academics, politicians and former intelligence officials; pending legal cases; and some commissioned field work in Waziristan.

Time for another arrest or killing of a high ranking terrorist to put up a show of pakistan fighting terrorism
Hillary to visit Pakistan next week
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will visit Pakistan next week as part of a tour of Muslim countries deeply engaged by Washington, according to a news report attributed to diplomatic sources.

During the tour, Hillary is scheduled to hold talks with leaders of the National Transition Council (NTC) in Libya, and with the presidents of Afghanistan and Pakistan, The News quoted sources, as saying.

The US Secretary of State’s diplomatic sweep could possibly also include Iraq as well, the sources added.

Hillary is expected to arrive in Islamabad mid-week and stay for one day.

During the visit, she is scheduled to deliver what the sources described as an “Af-Pak policy statement” in an address to Pakistani defence and strategic affairs analysts.

The sources speculated that, as has often been the practice of the Obama administration, Hillary may also deliver a letter from US President Barack Obama to his Pakistani counterpart, Asif Ali Zardari.
Karachi teachers protest against Malik PhD degree
Karachi: Over 217 faculty members of the University of Karachi have signed a petition by the KU Teachers Guild (KUTG) in protest against the awarding of an honorary doctorate to Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik.

Earlier this month, Malik was conferred with an honorary Doctorate degree by the KU in recognition of his “matchless services to the country in the war on terror and particularly in restoring peace to the citizens of Karachi”.

The guild’s chief and KU Teachers Society (KUTS) general secretary Dr Shakeel Farooqui said that they hoped to reach out to all teachers during their campaign.

“By signing the petition they have declared their resentment and have announced that awarding the degree to him [Malik] was an illegal act,” he said.

According to Farooqui, if a majority of the teachers signed the petition, they would be able to take back the degree from Malik.

The KU teachers’ society president Dr Abid Hasnain said that their executive council had condemned the decision in a meeting held on October 08 and it was important for the teachers to stick together in this situation.

“The conferring of the honorary degree was a covert and hasty action on the part of the varsity’s administration. Had they presented the proposal before the syndicate, it would have been rejected,” he said. “I believe that all teachers should protest and campaign against this.”

On the other hand, pro-vice chancellor Dr Shahana Urooj Kazmi said that the vice-chancellor had to do whatever the chancellor wanted.

The decision to award the honorary doctorate degree to Malik was initiated from the Governor House and the vice-chancellor had to follow through orders, The Express Tribune quoted Dr Kazmi, as saying.

According to Dr Kazmi, the degree cannot be taken back as it had been awarded by the chancellor.

However, the faculty has a right to protest and the KU syndicate will be told of the chancellor’s decision as a mere formality, she added.
Pattom
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pattom »

Yippee, they're going to rip our sorry asses with even deadlier missiles!
How pathetic must a country be for its media to print articles about the potency of missiles that another country will be using shortly to kill its citizens on its sovereign territory? Pakis have lost all sense of self-worth. Hey Paklurks, I'm thinking of taking on some of you as slaves to take care of the dog and clean my toilets. I've got an advanced toilet brush!
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Upendra wrote:
New List of Behead4Peace campaign
Kuldip Nayar
Dileep Padgaonkar
Harinder Baweja
Gautam Navlakha
Barkha Dutt
Arundhati Roy
Mahesh Bhatt
M K Bhadra Kumar

Mani Shankar Aiyar :evil:
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Airavat wrote:Syed Jammat Ali Shah, Pakistan commissioner of the Indus Basin Water Treaty Commission:
“We do not have a single international water expert in Pakistan. We always seek help from England or the US. We cannot negotiate with India unless we increase (mental?) capacity,” he said.

“How can anyone from our government talk about water as an economic resource with [Indian Prime Minsiter] Manmohan Singh? He has a PhD in economics; no one in our government does,” he said.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/274344/india-pakistan-issues-forget-kashmir-terrorism-worry-about-water/
Now they do. That is why Krachi Univ decided to make it Dr. Rehman Malik. Maybe Mr. Dus Percenti and Groper Gilly should also be awarded a PeeChadi too. :D
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Airavat wrote:Syed Jammat Ali Shah, Pakistan commissioner of the Indus Basin Water Treaty Commission:

Just a correction. He is not PPIC now.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/274477/paki ... al-issues/
Ijaz Ahmad Patafi, who worked earlier in Wapda, was deputed by the acting Commissioner Sheraz Memon to manage the workings of the PCIW despite Patafi being the junior-most officer in the commission, sources told The Express Tribune. In doing so, Memon bypassed the senior-most joint commissioner, they added.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Altair wrote:
shiv wrote:
Shiv
I think that US does not want to see beheading of US soldiers on camera. They simply do not want to see those images on youtube and broadcasted in US. The damage to morale and H&D would be much higher than million dollars. Even if he is not beheaded the ransom demand would be more than 10 times the average predator op. Its economics and H&D.
JMT
Altair
No argument with this thought. But it goes to show the uselessness of the American war machine against jihadis. That war machine will undoubtedly be able to beat the Paki armed forces to a pulp in short order. But that potential capability is totally useless because Pakistan will be left with only jihadis whom the US does not want to fight "on the ground" for reasons such as you have stated.

The USA seems to think that if they preserve and protect the Pakistani army, they can get away "cheap" by making the Paki army take on jihadis while they don't have to do much dirty work. That automatically assigns the Paki army a role for which the Pakistan army extracts a price from the USA. I have to admit that I am beginning to see why Pakis can have a kind of perverse pride in their army in the way that army has beaten the USA into a stalemate where the US has to depend on them and must pay them, or else..

We tend to have so much hate for Pakistan and so much faith in America on this forum that we think there is some "chankian" American ploy to GUBO Pakistan etc. but no such thing is happening. Just pinprick attacks on jihadis. The Paki army has been let off for harboring bin Laden, and the US is still thinking whether to stop arming Pakistan or not. This is tail wagging dog all right. Why laugh at Pakis if they say they can defeat the surperpower? We have superpower bhakts on here reassuring me that the superpower can take out the Pakis any time. Where? When? It's ain't happening and it ain't gonna happen.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

shiv wrote:Why laugh at Pakis if they say they can defeat the surperpower? We have superpower bhakts on here reassuring me that the superpower can take out the Pakis any time. Where? When? It's ain't happening and it ain't gonna happen.
I agree. lets say today Hamid Gul comes out and declares that 9/11 was an ISI operation to teach the infidel a lesson, and will repeat again, what would happen?
Nothing. zilch. nada.
There would be debates on TV if what he is saying is true or not! After couple of weeks everyone will dismiss him as crazy.No one in US is going to bomb ISI headquarters. They simply do not have the will power to take on the real enemies with the military muscle they have. I know the trend is changing a bit but unless there is a very big event like a nuke going off, the status quo will remain.
Coming to Paki Military, US believes that it still needs them. Unless US is led to believe that Pakistani Army is just like Iraqi Army and needs to be disbanded, Pakistan will enjoy the largesse of the superpower. So, when would US arrive at the notion that Pakistani military needs to be disbanded like the Iraqi Army? Infact Iraqi Army was much more professional than Pakistani Army.So what gives/
member_19648
BRFite

Post by member_19648 »

Everything in the US is decided in terms of economy these days! The corporate lobby is too strong and more than anything else, the US wants to stick to its richest nation on earth tag, badly tarnished and in shambles. I would second Shiv in that, the US probably did an economic viability analysis. As long as it is cheaper for them to coax dummies into doing their own dirty job, like luring the Pakis with carrots or threatening them to act more, asking India to assume leadership role in South Asia/Afg, they would continue to be in their path of veiled threats/appeasement/carrots/strategy whichever works. The drone attacks and pressurizing Pakis is a lot cheaper than boots on ground/chances of the war escalating and losses and costs involved. They are desperate to move out of Afg with some sort of face saving victory, and go back to how to save their ruined economy. But the problem is they think they have been and are too clever and smart, all their tactics are foolproof, the fact that they can be outsmarted by the Pakis can't be easily digested by them, that's why all the blowup. But what do they plan to do about it, NOTHING! That option is always cheaper. A country which had credible intel of hideouts of top militant leaders, its difficult to assume that they don't have that for ISI/Paki involvement. The US/NATO soldiers have been killed regularly sometimes like animals, with all their might, they believe and can bomb the Pakis to stoneage, but they WON'T. Its cheaper you see. I believe the day they see that the war on terrorism loses its economic viability, they would put a fullstop to it and never use that word ever again!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Upendra wrote:
Tamang wrote: This blasphemy, how could you forget Arundhati Roy and Mahesh Bhatt.
New List . . .
Kuldip Nayar
Dileep Padgaonkar
Harinder Baweja
Gautam Navlakha
Barkha Dutt
Arundhati Roy
Mahesh Bhatt
M K Bhadra Kumar

:roll:
put some minimum thought into your posts. we are fantasizing about beheading people ? what's this ? pakistan ?
it's tasteless and uncivilized.
Last edited by SSridhar on 16 Oct 2011 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted portion edited
jaibhim
BRFite -Trainee

Post by jaibhim »

The circus called kafila.org, a maoist mouthpiece and twice born bhadralok communist paradise dreaming spot they all want to somehow, desperately want to give the land of the pure the cashmere sweater and every atrocity committed by it is okay other than if it's the Indian jawan, some anjana oops cant remember the name is also there, that calls for the breakup of India in which luminaries such as Navlakha contribute his friend Shivam Vij who would do anything including give up their life for the land of the pure. The mother of all wkk sites and where all the above names have a whale of a time! There is nothing called India or Indian and rakshaks must take them on and give them a hard time like what is done in pak tea house.
Avirook Sen? that lady journalist Jyoti Malhotra[toned down nowadays] among other notables? A linnaen moving table updated regularly is necessary of WKK's for detailed future studies and inventory keeping.
Burkha' thats not fair we want piss, na as a big bindi wearning jhola activist would remark as Burkha listened into get some khabar !
The disastrous consequences that are to be unleashed by allowing unfettered multiple entry long stay visas for the land of the pure need no nuclear physics to be explicated upon.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-news ... e-Railways
Awami Muslim League chief Sheikh Rashid Ahmed while saying that railways has not even diesel for one day, questioned what would happen if we have to send supplies to the borders in case of any emergency.
He added that Pakistan’s arch rival India has secured all the time 70 to 90 days additional oil stock for the army.
How will sheikh rashid know Indian armys strategic oil reserves? Indian strategic Petroleum reserve has caverns in both Mangalore and Vishakapattanam.and i think it will not exceed 15 days!? may be Im wrong.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

I am somewhat baffled by the above post, as the picture *and* the article were from reputable sources with link provided. It was similar to Taliban visiting WH..this time, JS, as the report said, actually getting photographed with (and taking Mithai etc) to hijackers and their backers. (I do wonder, however, if instead of JS it was SM Krishna, would you have still rebuked me :?: )
Since many posters have already replied, nothingm more to add...

Will continue scratching my head in a dark corner trying to understand the == between a pic of a president sitting with some people to help overthrow a 3rd country govt and the pic of a Foreign minister of a govt dealing with some hijackers who have 200 odd citizens under their gunpoint to help get them back home..