Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
milindc
BRFite

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by milindc »

Kakkaji wrote:I don't understand why there is so much emotion and fighting on BRF about Telangana now. :-?

After all, states have been divided in India before. Some state divisions that I remember were:

If the fight is about the Capital then, except in the case of Chandigarh, new states ended shifting capitals or developing new ones (e,g. Gandhinagar).

Of course, forcing a large number of people to move when a state is divided should not be done. IIRC in none of the above cases was a wholesale movement of population either demanded or enforced.
Exactly no one will oppose Telangana if Warangal is Capital, but then the whole motive for Telangana is gone. KCR and his cronies want to rule over the riches of Hyderabad. Plain and Simple.
The sad part is that they have taken the demagoguery to such a level that if Telangana is formed then it will be partition all over again. My neighbour who owns a company was threatened by his workers, and they said in just few months he has to pack bags and leave. The neighbour was pretty rattled.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

" My neighbour who owns a company was threatened by his workers, and they said in just few months he has to pack bags and leave. The neighbour was pretty rattled"

This is not a isolated incidence. Most of the villages there is a concerted propaganda that non local people lands and properties will be taken over and distributed to the local fellows. "AnDhra Bhago" is not a empty words. It is main idea behind the T agitation. The basic premises of far left idea of killing or driving out " rich" people and distributing the wealth to " poor' now changes by pro naxal gangs and TRS gangs into driving out evil "Andhra" and distribute the same to "poor" Telangana people. For the political correctness it may not be openly said but if you see the tone and tenner of any Tv debate you will know what these peoples aim. Entire Dora gangs are now united with Naxal gangs ( very strange) and aim to to capture entire land for themselves and kick out evil outsiders. Later they may fight it out among themselves.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ShyamSP wrote:Warning: This is NDTV video and anchor is Burqua Dutta so take anti-vomit drug before watching at your own risk :D
As usual panel is unbalanced but good thing is less dramatic.

Telangana: An idea whose time has come?

Media-watch question is why is she sporting Big Bindi (Bottu) being such a anti-hindu. Does she want to show
to world that what comes out of her mouth is Hindu voice?
OT but I believe the bottu is an example of appropriation of symbols. After draining a culture of vitality, its aesthetic symbols are adopted by the winners as a message that the defeated culture is now a harmless museum piece.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:WHile bemoaning the BJP's inability to gain in AP by 'exploiting' the situation the writer does pull an == with INC incompetence.

The article is hogwash as BJP does not have dog in the fight. Its a zero in Andhra (by becoming junior partner to TDP for whatever reasons) and has reduced to that in Telangana (where it cant win on its own).

As it has no chances it should have embraced a united state and got the support for its national stance. Instead it supported breakup of the state thinking that it will gain in that smaller area.
BJP has somewhat of a better hold in Telangana, esp Hyd due to muslim history of the region. I suspect they made the choice to roll with the Telangana wave so as to not lose that hold.

I don't see any big policy or principle behind what they have done.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

vnadendla wrote:
ramana wrote:Taking a 100k foot level view its almost Biblical. A second exodus is being demanded of the Telugus.
I have faith in India. It (exodus) is not going to happen.
Blind faith is useless. Even punjabis believed their muslim neighbors won't harm them. Tutsis believed Hutus won't harm them.

We don't know what is or is not going to happen. But anyone who listens to some TV channels or FM stations would be concerned by the paki-like hatred being spewed there and the fact that even small childrens' minds are being programmed with poison.

My theory: if your formative period was in Andhra then you won't have a deep understanding of the paki DNA that was unleashed in Telangana under Nizam. We know that abused children grow up to be abusers themselves. Telangana Telugu people who have been victims of nizam's pakiness have internalized the pakiness gene and have turned it on their fellow Telugus.

All usual caveats about limitations of generalization, disinterest in giving offense etc. apply. Still, without confronting this psychological reality, there can be no long term solution, at best there will be an unstable equilibrium.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

hmm...am amazed how quickly some here turn the thread into APSRTC bustand toilet.

some $heads are forgetting that all behavior mapping with pakis tells us that the progeny of british, some andhrites here on this thread, might have a few lessons of pakiness to teach Pakis.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

:lol:

That is good one Satya-Anveshi garu.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Satya_anveshi wrote:hmm...am amazed how quickly some here turn the thread into APSRTC bustand toilet.

some $heads are forgetting that all behavior mapping with pakis tells us that the progeny of british, some andhrites here on this thread, might have a few lessons of pakiness to teach Pakis.
Please do some self-reflection on the bullying tone and abusive language of your post.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Satya_anveshi wrote:hmm...am amazed how quickly some here turn the thread into APSRTC bustand toilet.

If you are referring to my post as being a lesson in pakiness or an example of filth or as me as a child of british (whatever that means) kindly show some courage and intellect and make your case or apologize for your abuse.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

It is people of your ilk who need to reflect upon self and your karmas, do some stringent form of satyagrapha to rid of all the papa karma done unto gullible people of Telangana. KCR and his chelas are doing their dharnas, satyagrahas etc and some here gave certificates of their indic approaches...all we see from andhrites is more pakiness in words and deeds...making clear that gene mutation initiated by brits is complete, a case we see with pakis....if not, is it time to prove indicness by andhrites.
Sarma
BRFite

Post by Sarma »

Murthy garu: No point arguing logic with hatemongers. I had once called out the basic lack of understanding of how to interpret hard statistics about T-development of this so-called truth-seeker. In a few weeks, it will be known that Dharma will win.

Sri Krishna Committee report has forever destroyed the credibility of these hatemongers against fellow Indians.
Last edited by Sarma on 18 Oct 2011 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

too bad...BR does not have a middle finger emoticon for apologies. :idea:
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

there you go...bus stand analogy..people come and take a leak...and some also come with a munta/chambu

Logic one needs to understand is that of
[*] not keeping with agreements which only seek to gain fairness
[*]accomodation shown by T for *generations* from Cities down to villages - now some of these same folks come back and claim T's are hating A's
[*]those of employment opportunities diverting from T folks to A folks
[*]those of educational opportunities from T folks to A folks
[*]giving their fair share of dev resources; what of breaking up promises on agreed projects

Now if they are asking their share back..they are hate mongering. :twisted:

The worthy above brings genocidal examples of Hutus vs Tutsis; partition example of Muslim/Sikh in the context of Telangana but the irony is that it is A's who have made lives of T people hell. All these days T have inflicted pain on to themselves by doing strike WITHIN Telangana areas, T-students suffered due to schools closures for over a month, and by and large the whole demonstrations were violence free even as life in rest of AP is undisturbed barring for the upstream issues of strike in T.
Contrast this with huge violence that take place for political/election time violence in parts of A where more people suffer heavy casualties. If this is not sheetheadedness, then what is? BTW: pl reflect on it and do some strong satyagraha.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

know the meaning of "credibility"?...if the report was "credible", Telangana movement would not have been in a situation that it is now. On the contrary the report has been discredited by the FACT that folks are still at it and GOI seems to have moved past it. It is quite possible that T may not be formed but it is not due to SKC report being credible.

So much for "forever destoyed" credibility blah blah..
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Satya_anveshi wrote:It is people of your ilk who need to reflect upon self and your karmas, do some stringent form of satyagrapha to rid of all the papa karma done unto gullible people of Telangana. KCR and his chelas are doing their dharnas, satyagrahas etc and some here gave certificates of their indic approaches...all we see from andhrites is more pakiness in words and deeds...making clear that gene mutation initiated by brits is complete, a case we see with pakis....if not, is it time to prove indicness by andhrites.
You know nothing of me or my ilk so you shouldn't be talking about that. Kindly confine yourself to debating what I have said in my post and refrain frommpersonal attacks on me. Bluster, bullying, browbeating and abuse are unworthy of respect or credibility.

Yes, and I repeat that you owe me an apology for your rudeness and childish personal attack.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

All that one needed to know is known from that post. It is for you to apologize to 3.5Cr population of T including me who have tried to accomodate people like you, lived with you only to be stabbed in the back and now being likened with genocidal groups. Continuing with the bus stand analogy...P!ss be up on you!
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

As a neutral person(not related to T or AP), the attitude of some of the T folks is very disturbing
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

Satya_anveshi wrote:All that one needed to know is known from that post. It is for you to apologize to 3.5Cr population of T including me who have tried to accomodate people like you, lived with you only to be stabbed in the back and now being likened with genocidal groups. Continuing with the bus stand analogy...P!ss be up on you!
Satya_anveshi,

What has Murthy, or any other common man from coastal Andhra/Rayalaseema who is resident in T (all 25-50 lakhs of them), do to T or its inhabitants for him/them to apologize to the 3.5 crore T population (including you) ?

What did the common man on the street in Telangana whose ancestors are from coastal Andhra/Rayalaseema actually do when you imply that he is responsible for the stabbing in the back behavior?

What did you or any other T native do differently to accomodate people from coastal Andhra/Rayalaseema who are T residents that you did not do for people from other states?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Teachers and Coal miners have now withdrawn the agitation. Government servants now doing negotiations and may also withdraw from agitation. So the so called Sakal Janula Samme is wound up the moment AP State started to use force. The fact that Kiran Kumar Reddy could contain the agitation once free hand is given to him indicate he was not allowed to function freely till date by High Command. Now when there are open rebellions and agitations against High Command, it started to the process of crushing the agitation. It has taken less than a week for the CM to force the withdrawal of main sections of the agitation. KCR and his gang now openly attacking the congress for a change. But the manipulations of Congress are very clear and threatening to intensify the agitation will not have any effect on them.

Instigation of hate and sentiment is one thing and organizing and sustaining an agitation with strong opposition from the State bent up on crushing it is another thing. If AP Government continue to show its hardened attitude it would be very difficult for KCR to continue with any the agitation.

In short 8th chapter of SKC report is now in implementation.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

VenkataS wrote:Satya_anveshi,

What has Murthy, or any other common man from coastal Andhra/Rayalaseema who is resident in T (all 25-50 lakhs of them), do to T or its inhabitants for him/them to apologize to the 3.5 crore T population (including you) ?

What did the common man on the street in Telangana whose ancestors are from coastal Andhra/Rayalaseema actually do when you imply that he is responsible for the stabbing in the back behavior?

What did you or any other T native do differently to accomodate people from coastal Andhra/Rayalaseema who are T residents that you did not do for people from other states?
VenkataS,

Losing context are we? Right sequence of questioning is: What did T folks do to be likened to genocide perpetrators? What did T folks *really* do to be likened to even Pakis when all evidence points to A folks behaving in paki manner? Check the context of the posts above. Get it?
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

kshatriya wrote:As a neutral person(not related to T or AP), the attitude of some of the T folks is very disturbing
kshatriya jeee....there are no some T folks..it is only moi here...if you talking about my posts...now will you tell us what *disturbed* so much to get you out of ghor tapasya and post a volumnous post?
Otherwise..This is like...mai to raste pe jaa raha tha.....then I saw a bus stand...I didn't have a rupee to spare for sulabh complex..so went into bus stand to do it right on the platpharam.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

You know, I almost never visit this thread. Clicked on here by accident today and I am scratching my head wondering what the hell it is doing on the Strategic Issues and International Relations Forum.

Satya_anveshi and KLN Murthy are two posters who have contributed so much that is worthwhile in other threads. What exactly is the point of creating a forum thread where "T-People" and "A-People" can get into exchanges such as the above?

Bloody hell. My family is from one state bordering AP, and I was born and raised in another state bordering AP. "A-people", "R-people", "T-people", you are all Gultis onlee to me. I am probably a Digga to you guys though I don't speak a word of Kannada. To our birathers from further north, all of us (me and KLN and Satya) are Madrasis. WTF does it matter? And if you REALLY want to insult each other so badly over some sub-regional issues, can't you find some Gulti forum to do it in? :mrgreen:

Get over yourselves, guys. And admins, please consider getting rid of this trashpile. I can't for the life of me see what it adds to Bharat Rakshak Forum.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

I agree that personal attacks should be cut down and exchange ideas more objectively.

But don't treat this subject as some local Telugu warfare, in some cyclical sense . It is definitely a sub regional conflict and it has enormous impact on the future of the Indian States and the regional dynamics with in the states. The political background of the conflict is true representation of current Indian politics and its slippery slope. What happens here will have long lasting effect on the regional stability across India. It even has internal security implications.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Rudradev wrote:You know, I almost never visit this thread. Clicked on here by accident today and I am scratching my head wondering what the hell it is doing on the Strategic Issues and International Relations Forum.

Satya_anveshi and KLN Murthy are two posters who have contributed so much that is worthwhile in other threads. What exactly is the point of creating a forum thread where "T-People" and "A-People" can get into exchanges such as the above?

Bloody hell. My family is from one state bordering AP, and I was born and raised in another state bordering AP. "A-people", "R-people", "T-people", you are all Gultis onlee to me. I am probably a Digga to you guys though I don't speak a word of Kannada. To our birathers from further north, all of us (me and KLN and Satya) are Madrasis. WTF does it matter? And if you REALLY want to insult each other so badly over some sub-regional issues, can't you find some Gulti forum to do it in? :mrgreen:

Get over yourselves, guys. And admins, please consider getting rid of this trashpile. I can't for the life of me see what it adds to Bharat Rakshak Forum.
Agreed.

Not just two mentioned. Many more.
This thread is a bastion of unfounded accusations and fears.

Closing this thread may not be a bad idea.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The Telangana agitation has lot of plots within them pitting two of the best political minds in CBN and YSR for a long time and later after YSR's death it is now CBN with congress leadership at Delhi. The weaking of Congress in AP is a must if they are to defeated in 2014. Further the manner in which the issue is handled will effect the return of Naxals to AP. As for as the fears and allegations, just watch Telugu Tv Channels and you see all kinds of abuses and allegations on Non Telangana people day after day. The verbal attacks on north indians in Mumbai is less than 1% than the attacks on Non Telangana people which largely gones unreported. Open advocacy of ethnic cleansing is now allowed in AP politics. Such things have happend in 1969 agitation and people have to arm themselves to gard their homes at Hyderabad. Now the level of hate created is much much more. So we can not rule out violence.

Remember the entire process of reornanisation of the states started with Telugu people demanding a saparate state for them. The outcome of this issue most likily have serious effect of Federal Structure of our nation.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Narayana Rao wrote:The Telangana agitation has lot of plots within them pitting two of the best political minds in CBN and YSR for a long time and later after YSR's death it is now CBN with congress leadership at Delhi. The weaking of Congress in AP is a must if they are to defeated in 2014. Further the manner in which the issue is handled will effect the return of Naxals to AP. As for as the fears and allegations, just watch Telugu Tv Channels and you see all kinds of abuses and allegations on Non Telangana people day after day. The verbal attacks on north indians in Mumbai is less than 1% than the attacks on Non Telangana people which largely gones unreported. Open advocacy of ethnic cleansing is now allowed in AP politics. Such things have happend in 1969 agitation and people have to arm themselves to gard their homes at Hyderabad. Now the level of hate created is much much more. So we can not rule out violence.

Remember the entire process of reornanisation of the states started with Telugu people demanding a saparate state for them. The outcome of this issue most likily have serious effect of Federal Structure of our nation.
We tend to blame everybody and everything except ourselves.

Several weeks ago, you accused Kishan Reddy of accusing Andra people of looting Telangana property and wealth. When I asked for substantiation, none was made available. Reason I mention is, we are just as guilty as CBN, YSR, Congress etc. etc...

As a person of Andra origin who lived in Hyderabad my entire life until I emigrated to US, I don't understand this negative attitude towards telangana peoples. Any objective person cannot deny the fact that Telangana regions has been neglected for decades. Unfortunately for telangana, the entire region is sitting on a volcanic rock, so it can never compete with Andra or even seema in terms for agriculture sector driven prosperity. We have to find other ways of bringing progress and wealth to the Telangana.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

ashashi wrote: Several weeks ago, you accused Kishan Reddy of accusing Andra people of looting Telangana property and wealth. When I asked for substantiation, none was made available. Reason I mention is, we are just as guilty as CBN, YSR, Congress etc. etc...

As a person of Andra origin who lived in Hyderabad my entire life until I emigrated to US, I don't understand this negative attitude towards telangana peoples. Any objective person cannot deny the fact that Telangana regions has been neglected for decades. Unfortunately for telangana, the entire region is sitting on a volcanic rock, so it can never compete with Andra or even seema in terms for agriculture sector driven prosperity. We have to find other ways of bringing progress and wealth to the Telangana.
Get off your high horse. That you are asking for proof for the things (like how A's looted T's) T-leaders repeat ad nauseam shows that you are completely out of touch with reality. (I don't know if Kishan Reddy in particular made this accusation or not, but almost all T-leaders do every other day). You say Telangana regions were neglected for decades -- whose responsibility is it? What were the 40% MLAs and MPs that belong to T doing all these years? You can't even properly spell Andhra but claim to be of Andhra origin.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

BRAdmins:

this thread needs to be closed. it has degenerated into verbal warfare. it has become useless and contributes nothing to the discussion anymore. at best, this thread deserves to be in GDF. nothing more. definitely not on Strat forum.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think the thread should stay in order to provide a voice for all the opinions however distasteful they may be ot others for thats the reality. All along thses voices were suppressed or ignored and hence led to the vitroil we see now.

"Fathers have eaten bitter fruit, Children teeth are set on edge!"
Yiddish saying.

We should have let the fruit ripen and never would have this issue.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ramana wrote:I think the thread should stay in order to provide a voice for all the opinions however distasteful they may be ot others for thats the reality. All along thses voices were suppressed or ignored and hence led to the vitroil we see now.

"Fathers have eaten bitter fruit, Children teeth are set on edge!"
Yiddish saying.

We should have let the fruit ripen and never would have this issue.
Ramana garu,

Can you at least contain four-letter words used against posters. It is fine one uses "Andhra leaders as looters" or "T leaders as Pakis" or facts that are inconvenient to people of different regions as those are reflection of what we hear in AP. But as per forum guidelines abuses against each other and use of bad language should be contained for this thread to be readable for general audience.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Food for thought.

Who benefits most by a single state for all telugu peoples?

Why are there never any calls for separate andhra?

What why did andhrites fight against madras presidency and get separated? Do some of those reasons apply to telangana now.

BTW a_bharat, my parents are from Bapatla. Does that make me a person of andhra origin or do I need subscribe to certain belief systems to get the "andhrite" label?

Dislaimer: I am against splitting of AP, but the status quo is untenable.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

OK. Folks you have seen the appeals to not use four letter words or cuss words. Please adhere to that.

OT: If my bro calls me SOB its OK being children of same Telugu Talli. He is just upset. But its different when someone else does that.

So Satya_Anveshi, you can call me that only in this thread when you are upset. Elsewhere may not be good idea. BTW this applies only to S_A to me. It doesn't apply to anyone else or S-A to others.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

a_bharat wrote:you are asking for proof for the things (like how A's looted T's) T-leaders repeat ad nauseam shows that you are completely out of touch with reality.... but almost all T-leaders do every other day.
If the Telangana leaders repeat it every day, it should not be difficult to provide evidence, does it?
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

ramana wrote:So Satya_Anveshi, you can call me that (four letter word) only in this thread when you are upset. Elsewhere may not be good idea. BTW this applies only to S_A to me. It doesn't apply to anyone else or S-A to others.
Why only S-A? Dont you like me anymore? :rotfl:
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

ashashi wrote:Food for thought.

Who benefits most by a single state for all telugu peoples?

Why are there never any calls for separate andhra?

What why did andhrites fight against madras presidency and get separated? Do some of those reasons apply to telangana now.
You have missed the whole 1970s.
read up on the jai andhra movement, which forced PVNR(he was the effect of 1960s Jai telangana movement) out of CM to President's rule. In particular please read the transformation of mulki rules.

After 2 years of President's rule, both sides understood that it was a classic case of fox eating the roti while cats fight and brought peace for the next 25 years - when a political lightweight, KCR rose.
Last edited by Virupaksha on 19 Oct 2011 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ashashi wrote:Who benefits most by a single state for all telugu peoples?
I would say Telugus along with India. Population is burdening to have single state you can always split with good criteria for administration purpose.
ashashi wrote:Why are there never any calls for separate andhra?
There was seperate Telanagana movement in 1969 followed by separate Andhra movement with Indira Gandhi ending in 1972 it saying AP will be United state. Following that PVNR also lost CM post.
ashashi wrote:What why did andhrites fight against madras presidency and get separated? Do some of those reasons apply to telangana now.
Mainly to have a Telugu state and to get out of Dravidian ideology of Tamil brothers and to join pan-Indian vision of Indian Republic.

It was not a Tamil Dochukunnaru movement like T-vadis are doing. One tidbit to know 2/3rds of CMs in Madras presidency were Telugus since early 1900s.
ashashi wrote:Dislaimer: I am against splitting of AP, but the status quo is untenable.
Recently, AP government put a few leaders in jail, things became tenable only. All political Maya!
ashashi wrote:
a_bharat wrote:you are asking for proof for the things (like how A's looted T's) T-leaders repeat ad nauseam shows that you are completely out of touch with reality.... but almost all T-leaders do every other day.
If the Telangana leaders repeat it every day, it should not be difficult to provide evidence, does it?
It should not be difficult to consult google or youtube (most Telugu TV are putting their videos there). You can also search in this thread as people post articles/videos.

BJP never came out of TRS so any hatred T-vadis are sprouting is attributable to them also unless BJP leaders come out and say BJP doesn't agree with those words or acts.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 19 Oct 2011 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Anybody take a look at the bye-poll results? I know the TRS candidate won. How much was the vote for him and against him? How much was due to him being the previous MLA also? IOW stronghold factor?
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

ShyamSP wrote: One tidbit to know 2/3rds of CMs in Madras presidency were Telugus since early 1900s.
Another tidbit to know is that universal suffrage became the norm in India only from the 1952 elections. After the Government of India Act, 1935, suffrage became the vestige of a bit more than rich landowners, rich entrepreneurs, etc., but it still was not universal. Till then all the voters and the people getting elected were all rich, dominant and forwardly mobile. Now given that the Telugu speakers dominated this class, it should have been no surprises to see Telugu CMs in Madras Presidency. And this is the precise reason why the Telugu speakers of the then Madras city somehow believed that Madras is theirs thinking of all those unvoting majority Tamils as non-existent idiots.

The course India might have taken if it went with the RSS vision was to have voting only for the elites (how this elite class is going to be defined can be seen in MS Golwalkar's thesis). Universal suffrage is by and large the Congress' gift to India, however uncomfortable it is to accept. The Congress was at the forefront of democrazy as we know it. Oh how inconvenient it will be for the current day BJP fundoos to realize that their own sitting on the gaddi between 1998 and 2004 would nt have been possible if the ideological vision of the mentors and torchbearers of the party had been followed in toto. The thing called irony is sometimes amiss... but what to do, we are like this onlee.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

There was seperate Telanagana movement in 1969 followed by separate Andhra movement with Indira Gandhi ending in 1972 it saying AP will be United state. Following that PVNR also lost CM post.
That seperate andhra movement is a reactionary movement to the perception of discrimination in telangana region, the mulki raj. However, its a good gauge for understanding the telangana movement.

Telangana telugus were discriminated peoples during the hundreds of years of Qutub Shah and Nizam rules. Telanganites were virtually isolated from rest of India in geography and language. They were forced to transact in urdu for all official business, until Sardar Patel took over Hyderabad state. So, they were neither masters of British laws, British Language or telugu language as andhrites were under Madras Presidency.

In 1956/57 when the formation of the state for telugus was announced, telanganites joined on a condition that Hyderabad be made the capital. Their hope was, the capital city in the heart of telangana would open up the opportunities for them.

Prior to hyderabad becoming the capital city, a town from another backward region was chosen as the capital, Kurnool. Govt. employees of Madras presidency were given a choice of working for either Madras State or newly formed Andhra state. Most andhrites choose Andhra State like my parents along with many tamilians who saw this as opportunity for quick promotions.

After a year and half to two years stint in Kurnool, Andhar state govt. employees were moved to Telangana,. That was in 1957/58.

New govt. housing colonies were built for the new migrated state govt. workers. Vijayanagar colony was one of the first once. Most of the houses were automatically allocated to andhraites. Naturally, these colonies came to be known as andhra colonies.

Fast forward 70s. Anyone who visited any state govt. office in Hyderabad would notice two distinct types of offices. New govt. offices like secretariat, board of revenue etc. were full of people from andhra. Some old offices in old city like pension (dont recall the name) are full of hyderabadi muslims and some telanagana telugus.

People tend to prefer their "kind". So the new state govt. employees were also overwhelmingly andhrites.

So, the native telanganites did not benefit much from the formation of the state. Thus came 1969 movement and mulki.

If we support Jai Andhra agitiation as a movement against discrimination, how can we be against Jai Telangana movement as they suffered lost worse discrimiantion?
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:
ShyamSP wrote: One tidbit to know 2/3rds of CMs in Madras presidency were Telugus since early 1900s.
Another tidbit to know is that universal suffrage became the norm in India only from the 1952 elections. After the Government of India Act, 1935, suffrage became the vestige of a bit more than rich landowners, rich entrepreneurs, etc., but it still was not universal. Till then all the voters and the people getting elected were all rich, dominant and forwardly mobile. Now given that the Telugu speakers dominated this class, it should have been no surprises to see Telugu CMs in Madras Presidency. And this is the precise reason why the Telugu speakers of the then Madras city somehow believed that Madras is theirs thinking of all those unvoting majority Tamils as non-existent idiots.

The course India might have taken if it went with the RSS vision was to have voting only for the elites (how this elite class is going to be defined can be seen in MS Golwalkar's thesis). Universal suffrage is by and large the Congress' gift to India, however uncomfortable it is to accept. The Congress was at the forefront of democrazy as we know it. Oh how inconvenient it will be for the current day BJP fundoos to realize that their own sitting on the gaddi between 1998 and 2004 would nt have been possible if the ideological vision of the mentors and torchbearers of the party had been followed in toto. The thing called irony is sometimes amiss... but what to do, we are like this onlee.

did RSS ever try to "implement" these regulations? Golwalkar was one of the "pillars" of the RSS. did others concur with him? even if some did, to what extent did RSS try to propagate this view? and more importantly, did Vajpayee and Advani ever concur with this? and to what extent did the BJP in 1998 "agree" with this view?

what makes you think present BJP feels "uncomfortable" with what RSS believed in the 1930s? I am a certified BJP "fundoo" and I assure you, it doesn't cause me any discomfort. I am perfectly happy with my choice in ideological belonging.

and more importantly, why did this even come up in this thread? it is completely OT for this thread.