Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 06 Dec 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 06 Dec 201

Post by Hari Seldon »

"The death squad shows up in uniform: black masks and tunics with the name of the group, Khorasan Mujahedin, scrawled across the back in Urdu. Pulling up in caravans of Toyota Corolla hatchbacks, dozens of them seal off mud-hut villages near the Afghan border, and then scour markets and homes in search of tribesmen they suspect of helping to identify targets for the armed U.S. drones that routinely buzz overhead. Once they've snatched their suspect, they don't speed off, villagers say. Instead, the caravan leaves slowly, a trademark gesture meant to convey that they expect no retaliation.
Sweet. I'd have thought the caravans present a nice target rich environment for 'em drones. No? Oh, I forget, massa in all his infinite wisdom has indefinitely suspended drone strikes for the past 2 months to appease TSP.... ya, ya...
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Man, you gotta laugh your arses off at the kind of entertainment TSP provides

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... a-for-what

And boy do they love A'dhothi :-)
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://issuu.com/sundayplus/docs/sunday ... tober_2011

Have you seen these glossy mag with brands suchas 'mughal dynasty' and "kashmir'

check it out
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

^By The "Nutty" Nation no less. :roll:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

TFTA Pakistan clears import of 16 vegetables from SDRE India
Pakistani authorities have cleared the import of 16 vegetables and raw jute from India through the Wagah land border in order to bring down prices in the domestic market and added 18 more items to the list of goods that can be imported from the neighbouring country.

Among the vegetables whose import has been allowed by the Commerce Ministry are cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, capsicum, green chillies, okra, bitter gourd, radish, green coriander and ginger fresh.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Shared waters & glacial melt
http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/01/shared-w ... -melt.html
THIS month’s prospective meeting of the Abu Dhabi Dialogue Group comprising seven states sharing the rivers rising in the Greater Himalayas would be a watershed event as the group is expected to adopt a joint initiative to minimise the impact of glacial melt. The group comprises Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India and Nepal. All these countries share river basins originating from the water roof of the region — the Himalayas. Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka account for more than 21 per cent of the world’s population but own barely 8.3 per cent of the global water resources. This makes Chinese-controlled Tibet very important for South Asian countries. The water-rich southern Tibetanbelt is the source of two major river systems, the Indus and the Brahmaputra, as well as of several other South Asian rivers.The 1,550km-long Sutlej which flows through India to ultimately drain into the Indus also originates in this belt, from the southern slopes of Mount Kailash. The flood plains of major rivers including the Brahmaputra, Ganges, Indus and Meghna owe their sustenance to the Himalayan ecosystem and support life for over 1.5 billion people. The Ganges river basin alone is home to about 600 million people.As the glaciers recede, significant declines in flows will become inevitable. According to Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports, by 2050 the annual run-off in the Brahmaputra is projected to decline by 14 per cent and the Indus by 27 per cent. The melting Himalayas pose a serious risk to the sustainability of water resources in the region.
South Asia with a large population base is susceptible to greater disasters in the wake of climate change. More than 750 million people in the region have been affected by at least one natural disaster in the last two decades. In May 2011, the secretary general of Saarc presented a draft agreement on the Rapid Response to Natural Disasters to an intergovernmental meeting of the organisation. He said that over the past 40 years, South Asia has faced as many as 1,333 disasters that have killed 980,000 people, affected 2.4 billion lives and damaged assets worth $105bn.Very large populations in these countries owe their sustenance to water resources. Himalayan-fed rivers shape the economyand society. Hence glacial melt could have catastrophic socio-political implications for the region. Regional cooperation becomes even more desirable in the wake of hydro-meteorological disasters.By 2050, South Asia’s population is likely to exceed 1.5bn to 2.2bn. With more than 600 million South Asians subsisting on less than $1.25 a day, a single catastrophic incident could push millions into further poverty and misery. A major threat comes from the fast-melting Himalayas that dominate the monsoon dynamics in the region. The system is the lynchpin of the river network in the region.Relentless glacial melt would also cause an ominous rise in sea levels. South Asia has a long and densely populated coastline with low-lying islands that are dangerously exposed to sea-level rise. The region has a coastline of 12,000km and a large number of islands. Hence snowmelt in the Himalayas makes the region highly vulnerable to an array of natural disasters.
An important dimension in regional cooperation has been to bring China on board, as is seen in the composition of the Abu Dhabi Dialogue Group. The challenges faced by South Asian countries pertaining to shared waters, climate change and disasters are inextricably linked with China, as major rivers of South Asian countries originate from the Tibetan plateau. It is therefore of utmost importance that, along with boosting joint efforts among its own members, Saarc should also engage meaningfully with China on regional cooperation on water resources, climate change and disasters
http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/01/shared-w ... -melt.html
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

New Year Night Celebration: 4 Killed; 40 Injured In Karachi
http://www.samaa.tv/newsdetail.aspx?ID=40927&CID=1

at least four people were killed and several others wounded by dint of aerial firing incidents amid celebrations for arrival of New Year here in the financial hub of Pakistan, Karachi, SAMAA reports late Saturday.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

2011 saw 12 journalists killed in Pakistan
http://www.dawn.com/2011/12/31/2011-saw ... istan.html

-----

20 lawyers killed in 2011 in Karachi
http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDe ... 4993&Cat=4

--

Medical fraternity enraged at murder of third doctor in a month
http://tribune.com.pk/story/314738/upse ... n-a-month/
January 1, 2012
----

How many Doctors were killed in 2011?
Last edited by shravan on 01 Jan 2012 15:10, edited 3 times in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

dynamism of diversity
Two of the most common comments I receive through emails are: ‘If only Pakistan imposes a true Islamic system, we’ll be able to get rid of the hypocrisies committed in its name.’ Of course, such suggestions are proposed by fellow Pakistanis. The other comment is usually from readers in India or the West. It’s a simple question: ‘Why are Pakistanis always so engrossed in religion?’
I am no scholar (religious or otherwise), but a student of history with a keen interest in understanding it through the lens of cultural anthropology. You see, most of us living in Pakistan have always been advised to look at cultural studies with suspicion. It has been embedded in us that this sort of enquiry leads one to question the very foundations of the country’s ideology.But the problem is, the less equipped or inclined we are to question what we’ve been told is our ideology, the more one-dimensional remains our understanding of the diverse range of people that reside in Pakistan; and also, we become more venerable to the continuous volley of half-truths and glorified delusions that have been coming our way from dictators, textbooks and the usual media crackpotsIn the absence of the kind of rigorous democracy that a diverse nation requires, this all-encompassing Muslim nationalism only ended up alienating the centuries-old cultural moorings of a number of ethnicities in Pakistan. So, as the Baloch, the Sindhis and the Pashtuns rose up in anger, as had done the Bengalis in the former East Pakistan, who eventually decided to rip themselves away from Pakistan’s ideological equation.Though the anti-diversity dynamics of Muslim nationalism was by and large successful in keeping this ideology’s more radical advocates at bay, the 1971 East Pakistan debacle left this ideology vulnerable to the influence of what was once dismissed as the Islamist fringe.Gradually, especially with the arrival of the dictatorship of General Ziaul Haq, the ideology’s early modernist Islam was turned on its head when the new ideologues wanted to Islamise the modern. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan gave way to Abul Ala Maududi
Has not this ideology irst of the modernist ‘One Unit’ Islam variety, and then the exhibitionistic and militarist version of it completely failed to achieve what it wanted to? That is, to turn a diverse Pakistan into a united, ideological whole based on religion.
It was always an over-ambitious and Utopian task. We were never ‘one people.’ The majority of us were Muslims (and still are), but our understanding of faith is intricately linked to and informed by the cultural moorings of our own distinct ethnicities and sects.
( Acceptence of diversity will be the last nail in Paki Coffin. Pakistan must remain=to Pure Islam )
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

shravan wrote:New Year Night Celebration: 4 Killed; 40 Injured In Karachi
at least four people were killed and several others wounded by dint of aerial firing incidents amid celebrations for arrival of New Year here in the financial hub of Pakistan, Karachi, SAMAA reports late Saturday.
Aerial firing is all right for the Faitful & Believing mards. Koran might not openly approve the use of firearms for obvious reasons but display of bravery is OK using more lethal variations of the sword. But, welcoming Christian New Year and celebrating it ? Haraam, mumnoo. These people no wonder need a stiff dose of salafi Wahhabism. Karachi Chalao Taliban.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

^You Kaffir, don't you see that they are firing at the New Year perhaps hoping to hit Santa Claus who escaped on the 25th
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

What is HRW up to in Pakistan?
ISLAMABAD: Human Rights Watch (HRW), an American-based international human rights organisation operating across the world, is against the Islamic provisions of the Constitution of Pakistan, the Toheen-e-Risalat Act, and is working to bring about a change in them.
“See, how the Supreme Court could declare a legislation made by the Parliament as null and void only terming it in contradiction to some Islamic provisions,” Dayan said during an extensive interview with The News on Friday evening.
Beat that you Kaffirs. The land of pure is far far ahead of India.
Dayan said that Aasia Bibi was innocent in a case blasphemy of Holy Prophet (PBUH) but the Lahore High Court (LHC) issued pre-emptive preventive order that president couldn’t grant her pardon despite the fact the Constitution gave the Office of President powers to pardon any sentence.
Asked despite his severe criticism on the blasphemy law, not a single person has been executed under this law in the whole history of Pakistan because of severe requirements of proof and evidences, and any lower court sentences were overturned by superior courts, so in a way the blasphemy law was acting as a protective shield for the minorities in Pakistan, Dayan said, “We have a difference of opinion here.”
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Happy New year to all readers

Political Conspiracies in Pakistan
LIAQUAT ALI’S DIFFICULTIES

“The daily ‘Waqt’ and ‘Safina’ of Lahore published the following poem in their issue of March 8, 1950:

“‘I am preparing for Jehad.

I shall crush enemy forces.

The infidels cannot stand in front of me.

One day, I shall hoist Pakistan’s flag in India.

My Motherland: I will achieve glory for you.’
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Brad Goodman wrote:Happy New year to all readers

“The daily ‘Waqt’ and ‘Safina’ of Lahore published the following poem in their issue of March 8, 1950:

In a small and temporary way some "miscreants"seem to have achieved this by hoisting the paki flag in sindagi taluk office, Bijapur as reported by channel 9 scrolling news. :rotfl:

Seems to be a fairly regularly feature in Bijapur :evil:
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Land of the Ghazwas would have been a better choice of words for the Pakis.
My Motherland, seems too Indic for their present direction.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ravi_g wrote:{quote="Brad Goodman"}Happy New year to all readers

Land of the Ghazwas would have been a better choice of words for the Pakis.
My Motherland, seems too Indic for their present direction.
Haven't the gentlemen refused to say "My Motherland" in India citing "concerns" listed in their holy book?? but "My Motherland" is OK there?

Oh well, horses for courses and of course what ever floats their boat.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

The rest of the article is a good historical piece worth archiving.
dada
BRFite

Post by dada »

#shiv
Value-Belief System BACKED-SUPPORTED by money-power of the Rich-Powerful
always override the
Value-Belief System of the Poor-Powerless !

I hope to see the situation change as India rises slowly & surely in coming 25 years.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

sum wrote:Wonder what does it say about the mettle of our agencies given that we seem to have held up pretty well against this big league rogue agency.
It says good things about us & our tech int capability.

But espionage is more than this, though. It is also a matter of formulating a full-fledged strategy in consonance with the nations goals and executing it with the cooperation of all segments of the government and society.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

sum wrote:
surinder wrote:Steve Coll's book is terribly engrossing.

Some tidbits from it:
Just couldn't resist after reading your post and have immediately ordered this book on FlipKart. Should be nestled in my hands within 2 days!

Sum,

I would love to hear about your impressions. Is there a segment of BRF that would be suitable to post and discuss tidbits?
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

sum wrote:
chetak wrote: Sirjee,

If it is ghost wars you are talking about, mobi and epub versions are available from the usual shady sites. :)
Somehow, havent got upto reading and enjoying the PDF versions of these books. Like the print version better. :)

Case in point is Mitrokhin archive which i plodded through in PDF but once i got the print version, pages just flew by.
Same here. I can't read too much on screens. These sources for good for a quick cross-check, but for extended reading of a book of this size, paper is the way for me. I can book mark and fold and it is easy on the eyes.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

JE Menon wrote:Yes Ghost Wars is well worth a read, and is a useful reference as well. Totally American perspective of course (why should we expect any different?), but Coll pulls no punches. Books such as these set helped to get the Americans thinking about Pakistan slightly differently than they used to. BTW, Coll was a friend of Daniel Pearl and was involved in supporting and facilitating in the early days after the kidnapping. Marianne Pearl's book reveals this, and also I believe Bernard Henry Levy's book on the Pearl murder.
JEM, thanks for this info.

It is an Khanate perspective, but he pull no punches ... that is how I felt. There are enough references to training Kashmiri militants in A'stan camps too, if we want quotable citations.

Another tidbit from the book: When the A-stan campaign was winding down, the TSPians started ramping the Kashmiri insurgency and began using the same techniques. The Khanate agency feared TSP will send the Big Bull sniper rifle to Kashmir too. This rifle was sent to Muj, and as per ISI-CIA agreement Khans had to traing the ISI-PA first, who in turn would traint he Muj's. It was used with deadly effect on Soviet soldiers. The last Soviet soldier killed in A'stan was probably killed by one such rifle as the were withdrawing from the Salang Pass. This rifle had a range of 1-2 miles. Khante agency felt strongly enough that it warned the Indian government to take care of the politicians when visiting Kashmir.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Negative Neuj:- TTP commander Qari Kamran killed in Khyber Agency
Security sources said that Kamran was involved in various attacks on security forces, particularly a suicide attack in Shabqadar in May 2011 in which more than 90 people were killed. He was also involved in the June twin bombing in Nowshera that killed over 20 people and a suicide attack in Risalpur cantonment in August that killed a police assistant sub-inspector.

Code: Select all

http://tribune.com.pk/story/315131/ttp-commander-qari-kamran-killed-in-khyber-agency/
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

Vivek_A wrote:
surinder wrote: Like they sold the US heli to PRC this year near Kakul.
What heli? You mean the tail section?
Yes the debris of the Heli near abbotabad, near Kakul.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Mahendra wrote:^You Kaffir, don't you see that they are firing at the New Year perhaps hoping to hit Santa Claus who escaped on the 25th
Poakherstan dont believe in Santa Claus but Sandaclaws.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

hnair wrote:ISI from big leagues? :rotfl:

Any agency of the "big leagues" seem to have a) analytical division b) action division. Now a) is what distinguishes an intel agency from a goon squad. In ISI case, a) seems to be just a mullah reading aloud from a book and it is only about b) we hear about all the time. Anything to do with a) is abject failure on their part - from Afghan to Kashmir, ISI's failures in predicting anything are many.

I do not want to appear as a defender or an admirer, but I am merely pointing out the experience and strengths of an adversary, something we should not ignore.

Coming back to the topic, think of it this way. Here is an intel agency of pakjabis, a semi-literate group of country bumpkins with no tradition of valor. They have the fearsom Pathans eating out of their hands. They managed a complex relationship with CIA and kept the focus on their needs and goals. They engaged KSA's GID. From them they extracted money & arms to the tune of one billion dollars a year. They took on USSR's Red Army in a covert war. They engaged with the Chinese agencies. They managed a world-wide network of izalamic insurgents which waged the biggest atankvadi network known to man. They harbored the most wanted man 50 miles from their capital. This is in addition to their links with British MI6.

That is some serious pedigree in underground dark world of spying.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Surinder, add to that list what they have done to us over the years.

But there has been a huge cost to TSP, in terms of the state the country is in, although the interesting things is that when viewed as pakijabis do, its not a cost at all. TSP national psyche has been to hold India at bay, and strike at the opportune moment to first ride their horses in downtown Srinagar, and slowly proceed to the red fort in New Delhi. Thats their dream and its still alive in their minds despite whatever the outside world thinks the cost to TSP has been.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

SSridhar wrote:Last time, such maal-e-ghanimat [acquired with consent] was accumulated, it went up in a puff raining on unsuspecting people of the twin cities for days together. This time, they want to covet maal-e-ghaneemat and no one knows how it will end.
SSridhar, who do you think was responsible for that incident?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

They have the fearsom Pathans eating out of their hands. They managed a complex relationship with CIA and kept the focus on their needs and goals. They engaged KSA's GID. From them they extracted money & arms to the tune of one billion dollars a year. They took on USSR's Red Army in a covert war. They engaged with the Chinese agencies. They managed a world-wide network of izalamic insurgents which waged the biggest atankvadi network known to man. They harbored the most wanted man 50 miles from their capital. This is in addition to their links with British MI6.
All that has created one of the biggest failed states today. From goodwill within their allies they have turned them skeptics as of today. These are not signs an 'Intelligent' agency. All the above is a good cause for the World to gather around and give them the trouncing and humiliation they deserve. The time is ripening every event.
r_subramanian
BRFite

Post by r_subramanian »

Drone strike kills five in North Waziristan

The online edition of The News is reporting that 'Drone strike in Ghulam Khan village of North Wairistan killed five people on Tuesday, Geo News reported.'
Has Kiyani given his approval?

URL: http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.as ... ive-in-NWA
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

To The Point - 31st December 2011
Sharmila Farooqi PPP, Rauf Klasra Analyst and Zaid Hamid :D

WARNING** Video is 40mins long.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Those pesky Eye-rainians are at it again. Once again, challenging the might of the of the chosen ones. Here's the four step dance that was played out in the wild west of pukistan:

Iranians crossed border, killed one man: Pakistani officials
1. A Pakistani border official has accused Iranian security personnel of crossing into Pakistan, shooting to death one man and wounding another.
2. Iranian forces took the two men from the Mazah Sar area of southwest Baluchistan province back across the border after the incident Sunday evening.
3. Pakistani border officials followed the foreign forces into Iran, retrieved the two men and brought them back to Pakistan.
4. They also detained three Iranian border security personnel.
The momin protecting their own? I wonder what step 5 will be?
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

CRamS wrote:Surinder, add to that list what they have done to us over the years.

But there has been a huge cost to TSP, in terms of the state the country is in, although the interesting things is that when viewed as pakijabis do, its not a cost at all. TSP national psyche has been to hold India at bay, and strike at the opportune moment to first ride their horses in downtown Srinagar, and slowly proceed to the red fort in New Delhi. Thats their dream and its still alive in their minds despite whatever the outside world thinks the cost to TSP has been.
And cost has been enormous, including loss of half the country. Plus more to come!
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

r_subramanian wrote:Drone strike kills five in North Waziristan

The online edition of The News is reporting that 'Drone strike in Ghulam Khan village of North Wairistan killed five people on Tuesday, Geo News reported.'
Has Kiyani given his approval?

URL: http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.as ... ive-in-NWA
So the drones are back? Things are slowly getting back to normal!
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

That drone news is from 2010
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Detained man pleads: 'I'm not a threat to Australia'
A PAKISTANI warehouse worker swooped on by intelligence services, who deemed him a security risk, says he is not an extremist and has pleaded to be released.

Salman Ghumman was taken in to custody on December 21 by Immigration Department officials at Merlynston Station, just days after he was quizzed by authorities about phone calls made to Pakistan, NATO attacks, his movements and why he was in the country.

But the 23-year-old denied he was an extremist and said he was not a threat.

"I've got a beard. I can't think of any other reason (my visa was cancelled)," he said.

"I've got no future. I'm not a threat to this country."

Mr Ghumman's Facebook site links to a group backing terrorist Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani doctor with extensive terror links jailed for 86 years in 2010.

But authorities won't tell Mr Ghumman why he is being thrown out of the country.

"Then they interviewed me again and they were asking me one by one about my friends ... Most of friends are in Pakistan. I don't have (many friends) in Australia."

Mr Ghumman, who is being held at the Maribyrnong detention centre, came to Australia in July 2010 to study accounting at Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE.

He lived in Melbourne's northern suburbs, worked in warehouses and attended mosques in Fawkner and Preston.

The Department of Immigration declined to say why Mr Ghumman's visa had been cancelled, but said he was now in the country unlawfully.

"The person no longer met the legal criteria to hold a visa, therefore the visa was cancelled making him an unlawful non-citizen and subject to detention," a spokeswoman said.

A spokeswoman for the Attorney-General's department also refused to say why Pakistani authorities had been contacted or whether he faced charges.

"It would not be appropriate to comment on operational matters," she said.

Liberty Victoria president Spencer Zifcak said adverse security assessments from ASIO meant people could be kept in detention indefinitely.

"The problem is these people cannot find out the reasons for these assessments," he said.

"To hold people indefinitely on no charges without appeal is in breach of virtually every human rights convention Australia has signed on to."
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ISI is not an intelligence agency in the classic sense/understanding. Its the covert action branch of the UK and US agencies.
Vivek_A
BRFite

Post by Vivek_A »

surinder wrote:
Vivek_A wrote: What heli? You mean the tail section?
Yes the debris of the Heli near abbotabad, near Kakul.

I'm sure you'd agree that the tail section of a heli is much less significant than the whole heli.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

I can't think of any other reason (my visa was cancelled)," he said.

How 'bout you are a Paqui? Enufff said :mrgreen:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Asma refuses to continue as Haqqani’s lawyer
http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/01/isi-fear ... -asma.html
ISLAMABAD: Renowned lawyer Asma Jahangir on Sunday refused to continue as former Ambassador to the US Hussain Haqqani’s counsel in the memogate case, DawnNews reported.Asma Jahangir said that she did not trust the commission formed by the Supreme Court to investigate the memo-scandal, alleging that the Supreme Court judges were under the establishment’s influence.Asma also told DawnNews in an exclusive interview that Hussain Haqqani feared the powerful spy agencies may force him into giving a statement. This fear was the reason behind the former ambassador’s stay at the prime minister’s house, she said.Moreover, she said that the Supreme Court’s decision on the memogate petition was a victory for the country’s establishment. The law was being used to transform the country into a ‘security state’, she said.