Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29th May 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29th May

Post by RamaY »

pankajs wrote:I take oath on Quran I never received a penny from Malik Riaz: Imran
Brushing aside allegations of receiving money from real estate tycoon Malik Riaz, Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan said; I take oath on Quran I never get even a penny from Malik Riaz. Imran Khan categorically denied that any of his party member had taken money, reasoning if it happened he must have known that. The cricketer-turned politician said he would not let the judiciary to be toppled.
Doesn't the book allow taqiyya?
Ramanaji posted some article that explains a concept better than Taqiyya... You tell something with his mouth while your hand is somewhere else... and you are ok because the hand cannot talk and mouth is not doing it type logic...
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... e_runs_out
The Patience Runs Out
The United States has put up with Pakistan's insidious double game for a decade now. Not anymore.
BY SHAMILA N. CHODHARY
Divorces don't happen overnight, but there's always that one moment, that one comment when -- perhaps only in retrospect -- you can see the split coming. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta's recent trip to Afghanistan may have been unannounced, but he wasn't shy when it came to speaking about Pakistan. Panetta said quite openly that the United States is losing patience with Pakistan, especially when it comes to Islamabad's failure -- or unwillingness -- to act against the Haqqani Network, a Taliban- and al Qaeda-affiliated group known to target Americans in Afghanistan from safe havens in Pakistan.The generals in Islamabad -- who, for a decade now, have tried to play both sides -- should worry. Not only does Pakistan stand to lose revenue generated by the supply routes but it also faces international isolation. In the past, many of its questionable policies and relationships, most notably its nuclear proliferation activities and relations with the Taliban, have been overlooked because of its cooperation in the war on terror. A U.S.-Pakistan relationship in decline means this no longer holds. In addition to Pakistan's links to the Haqqani Network, other realities are now fair game for public criticism, such as the open residence of senior Taliban leadership and their families in Pakistan; the prevalence of Islamist thinking among the military; state support for anti-Indian terrorists and other militants; treatment of women and religious and ethnic minorities; and the frequency of journalist deaths and moderate politicians.In 2010, the U.S. government announced that Afghanistan had nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits ranging from iron, copper, cobalt, gold, to lithium. These resources plus Afghanistan's access to Central Asia, South Asia, and the Middle East make it ideal for countries like China and India who are looking to fuel their economic growth. Washington will look to India and China to fill the economic void as the United States military drawdown also brings to close a 10-year war economy, while countries like Russia and Iran will strengthen ties with their traditional proxies, hoping to fill the vacuum as the United States departs. During his May visit to Afghanistan, President Obama discussed the importance of global consensus in South Asia's stability -- and noted in particular that Pakistan "can and should be an equal partner." The president reiterated the theme of international collaboration at the Chicago NATO summit later that month by seeking long-term commitments to Afghanistan's economic growth and development
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Im the Dim didn't accept pennies, he deals in dallars onlee
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Haggling Over Hog Log

Pentagon chief urges conditions for Pakistan aid
WASHINGTON: The United States should examine setting conditions for aid to Pakistan but not cutting it off, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said on Wednesday, as he disclosed that Islamabad’s closure of supply routes to the Afghan war cost American taxpayers millions of dollars a month. Asked during a Senate budget hearing whether he would recommend halting aid to Pakistan, Panetta said: “I’d be very careful about just shutting it down.”“What I would do is look at conditions for what we expect them to do,” Panetta said, without elaborating. He agreed to help write a letter to Congress with his recommendations for how to proceed with aid for the Pakistani military and government.he comments came less than a week after Panetta, on a trip to Kabul, said the United States was reaching the limits of its patience with Pakistan because of the safe havens the country offered to insurgents fighting in neighboring Afghanistan.The American war effort there has become more costly, Panetta said on Wednesday, because of Pakistan’s decision last November to ban trucks from carrying supplies to Nato forces in landlocked, neighboring Afghanistan.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Jhujar wrote:Rubbing Kaala Loon on Paoq ki Fatti Dhoom

India invites Pak for Afghanistan moot
NEW DELHI: India has announced to hold investors conference on Afghanistan in New Delhi on June 28.
India has invited Pakistan to this moot aimed at exploring and promoting investments in Afghanistan.
Twenty-eight countries including Pakistan and China have been invited to participate in the conference.
We can always hope they will make it a precondition that we will vacate Siachen since paki mind will interpret the invitation as a sign of our desperation and surrender.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

ramana

How can you conclude from a article by a relative non-entity that TTP is created by the US?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

archan wrote:
ramana wrote: So MMS was not doing a sellout in Sharam-el-Sheikh about non rle of India in Baloch. He knew that the US role will get exposed if the matter are investigated further.
Also shows Christine Unfair is also a liar when she alleged that Indian consulate in Zahadan, Iran was to support the Baloch!

Most likely the TTP is also a US creation.
Not quite sure how you concluded all of those. First and foremost, this was a paki saying that. The whole world knows how easily a paki lies thru his /teeth. And Mr. Z has some big gaps in his.

{In addition to the pakis who usually lie, the wikileak cables were talking about how US was raising irregular troops inside TSP to take on the Afghan Taliban. SOme figure like 4000 was mentioned}

S-e-S: I am not actually very sure what was the impact of S-e-S fiasco and how has it affected India of today. I put it down to my lack of understanding of international matters and remain open to be educated on the issue. As of now, I don't see any impact. Indian leadership leaves much to be desired and whether or not SeS would have happened, these worthies would still have continued to offer them electricity, would continue to consider more relaxed visas, would continue to talk up "people to people" contact, continue to fiund aman ki asha ityadi. Coming to your conclusion, which is, MMS took the so called "blame" on himself and hence on India only to protect American interest and that some detailed investigation would have uncovered American support to Baloch activists. My question then is, what investigation and by whom? the TSPA? I may call the TSPA many things but I won't risk thinking of them as clueless and dumb. They control Balochistan with an iron fist and if there was a money trail to the US, they would know it before MMS did.
{Upon rereading my post I see how you conclude the above. I ment to say that MMS agreeing for TSP to look into allegations of Indian role in Baloch uprising was because he knew some body else was doing it and not India for sure. I am supporting MMS on this. I am not alleging he agreed to have an examination to cover up for anybody. On the contrary he agreed because there was no Indian role. Thats all I am saying.}

Christine Fair: true, she was lying. It is quite obvious she would want to protect her country's interest. I don't see why she would care about India's image.

{My point is she wants to be invited, feted and honored in India for her objective analysis. Thats all.}

TTP an American creation: I am open to learning, but how does this come about?

{Well when were the TTP created? Who are they attacking? And then tie it with the wikileaks of their own cables about creating assets inside TSP. Then Raymond Davis and who knows who others.}

More later.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Ramana

Raymond Davis was intercepted when he went into a LeT area. Now, extrapolating "US creating assets" to get to "US created TTP" is about as logically sound as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Of course US has and is still working hard to create assets in TSP. That is how they got Osama. They'll be stupid not to do the same with TSP nuke guardians or for that matter not infiltrating any group with some power in TSP.

BTW, if you look at who TTP attacks, then why wouldn't India be among those who are supporting them? After all, India has a presence in Northern Afghanistan, not too far from Kunar, where TTP factions have long created a mini-haven?

This is how uncalled for conspiracy theories get credence. To be blunt "US created TTP" is a bogus theory that belongs in the same dust bin where the Bilderberg group and earthquake machines reside in.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Good discussion. Please continue
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

India: Militant still wages hate from Pakistan (AP)
India's foreign minister said Wednesday the brains behind the 2008 Mumbai attacks is still using Pakistan for a "hate India campaign." External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna told The Associated Press that the peace process between the South Asian rival nations would continue but that Pakistan has to help "checkmate" terrorist groups for relations to be normalized.

Krishna will visit Pakistan next month. He said India only has to look on Pakistani television to see that militant leader Hafiz Mohammad Saeed remains free. "Assurances have been given to India by the leadership of Pakistan that Pakistan territory is not going to be used for anti-India activities," Krishna said after attending high-level U.S.-India talks in Washington. "But we know for a fact and have evidence and we can see it on Pakistani TV that the brains behind the Mumbai attack, led by Hafiz Saeed, goes scot-free in Pakistan, still carrying on a hate India campaign."

"This does not connect very well with a nation's intention if it was to extend the hand of friendship to normalize relations," Krishna said.
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

India, Pakistan fail to make breakthrough on Siachen (Times of India)
Pressing for a "time-bound" demilitarization of the region, the Pakistan-side, led by Nargis Sethi, again called for both sides to simultaneously pull back troops to the pre-1984 positions. The Indian delegation headed by Shashikant Sharma promptly shot this down, holding military disengagement from the Saltoro Ridge could be considered only after Pakistan first agreed to the sequential pre-requisites of "authentication, delineation and demarcation".

Pakistan is in a hurry to resolve the dispute, especially after it lost 139 soldiers in an avalanche in the region in April. India, too, wants the glacial heights to be demilitarized but will not vacate its dominating posts on the Saltoro Ridge - occupied after launching "Operation Meghdoot" in April 1984 - till it's fully satisfied that the 110-km Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL) has become inviolable to any Pakistan perfidy in the future.
India finds it difficult to trust Pakistan on the AGPL ... when it did not even respect the well-delineated LoC to occupy the Kargil heights in 1999. The steadily increasing Chinese strategic footprint in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir has only served to harden New Delhi's stand.
The "trust deficit" can be bridged only after Pakistan "authenticates" the relative troop positions on the AGPL along the Saltoro Ridge, which will clearly show its soldiers are three to seven km away from the actual glacier. Then, it will have agree to the proper "delineation" both on the map as well as on the ground, which in turn will lead to the final "demarcation" of the agreed border. The proposed "disengagement" and "redeployment" plans will be consideration only after that ...
India wants the authenticated troop positions to be made a part of the proposed agreement on Siachen, and not the annexures as Pakistan has been demanding, as a legal and diplomatic safeguard if Islamabad reneges on the agreement and moves its troops into the positions vacated by Indian troops.
Last edited by Rahul Shukla on 14 Jun 2012 05:17, edited 1 time in total.
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Kashmir's ex-jihadists face frosty homecoming
Ever since 2007, when The Hindu's sister publication, Frontline, interviewed the Pathan family for a report on Kashmir's returning ex-jihadists, many more have made the crossing. This year, almost a hundred have returned, joining the 140-odd last year; the total exceeds 500.

For most, the decision to come home seems pragmatic. “Sugar sells at Rs.85 a kilo in Muzaffarabad,” says Mr. Ahmad's wife, Safina, “and a gas cylinder costs Rs.1,600. We had a son to put through college, and daughters to be married. So I asked my husband, when your family has land and a home, why should we keep living like this?”

In most cases, the journey home involves a substantial investment. The Ahmad family paid Rs.70,000 each to an agent in Rawalpindi for Pakistani passports and airfares from Karachi to Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, the family crossed the open India-Nepal border into Uttar Pradesh, and caught a train from Lucknow. In recent years, most families that have returned have done the same.

Future uncertain

Life, though, remains profoundly uncertain for those who have returned. Five years after they came to India, the Pathan family are yet to receive citizenship papers, or any other form of documentation. Neither has Abdul Rasheed, who returned with his Pakistani wife, Nyla Abbasi and two children to Srinagar in 2009. Others have had more serious problems. Kulgam resident Mohammad Jalil Amin, for example, served 10 months in jail when he was arrested on returning home, though in June 2006.

Zonia Dar, whose father Shabbir Ahmad Dar returned to India earlier this summer, has spent five months trying to restart her education as a doctor. Her qualification from a Karachi medical college, though, is worth nothing in India.

In 2010, the government of India announced a rehabilitation policy — but Pakistan hasn't responded. Indian diplomats, sources said, have informally discussed the issue with the United Nations and international humanitarian organisations, but to little effect. “In the long term,” says a senior police officer, “this is going to be real problem. There has to be some framework.”

Without support, those who have returned are finding things to be difficult. In 2001, Kreeri resident Sharif Din, then a 17-year-old high school student, joined a group of young people recruited by local Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander Mushtaq Butt. Even while he trained for two months at a Hizb-ul-Mujahideen camp near Muzaffarabad, Mr. Din's family raised the money needed to buy him out of a tour of duty with the jihadist group. “I won't lie,” he says, “I was terrified about coming back to fight. I was almost killed by the Army twice on the way into Pakistan, and the boys who were with me at the camp are either still there, or dead. I begged my family to save me.”
In Muzaffarabad, jihad commanders have been blaming Pakistan's diminished support for the death of their war. “We are fighting Pakistan's war in Kashmir,” Hizb-ul-Mujahideen chief Muhammad Yusuf Shah said earlier this month “and if it withdraws its support, the war would be fought inside Pakistan.” Mr. Shah has held out threats like these before. In February 2009, he warned that if “there is a setback to the war due to the cowardice of the [Pakistan] government, then this war will need to be fought in Islamabad and Lahore.”

The reality, though, is that the jihad is dead in Kashmir itself — not because of Pakistan's declining support, but because of the choices the men who fought it, and the society around them, have made. Even the Jamaat-e-Islami, the political mill in which the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen was manufactured, is now in the hands of politicians, firmly committed to politics. Dozens of the organisation's local cadre have fought panchayat elections; its amir, Sheikh Ghulam Muhammad, allowed units to ally with the People's Democratic Party in the 2008 Assembly elections.

In its own interest, India must work harder to enable the thousands who crossed the LoC to come home — and to give those who have made the journey back a second shot at life
Those that went to Pakistan to train and become a jehadi should be allowed to rot in Pakistan. India gains nothing from having these snakes slither back into India.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Look at the reasons these a$$holes are returning. No power and expensive sugar in Poakistan!! IMHO the solution to India's many problems doesn't include a former Jihadi, his Poakistani cousin-wife and their Seven children. :roll:
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

ramana wrote:Does US want a coup in TSP is something to ponder.
No omlette without breaking eggs.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Rangudu wrote:ramana

How can you conclude from a article by a relative non-entity that TTP is created by the US?
TTP cannot operate without sponsorship. There are only 2 significant actors in the AfPak theater.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

tejas wrote:Look at the reasons these a$$holes are returning. No power and expensive sugar in Poakistan!! IMHO the solution to India's many problems doesn't include a former Jihadi, his Poakistani cousin-wife and their Seven children. :roll:
Jingoism would prompt many of us to think so. However, if managed properly these people can be assets in a non-militant way. We are already spending tons on that state, and some of it could be used intelligently to break the remaining back of the jeehad.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Pranav wrote:TTP cannot operate without sponsorship.
Why not? Throwing non-sequiturs out does not make them true. Al Qaeda operates from the same region. By your logic, they too are sponsored?
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Yes, they are sponsored by the Global Ummah and charities in Saudi Arabia.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

The context here is state sponsorship, at least that's what Pranav implied about TTP. Is Al Qaeda state sponsored?
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

The point is that every organization needs sponsorship. It can come from at least three sources:

1. Tax the country/region where it operates.
2. Get it from a sovereign country.
3. Collect it from multiple sources/regions/countries.

TTP cannot do (3). It has a regional focus.

Al-Qaida can do 1, 2, and 3.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

The only way
Ro dead Khan
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-9 ... e-only-way

[quoteThe historian Charles Beard once said that a lifetime’s reflection on history has taught him four things. When darkness comes, the stars begin to shine; the bees that rob the flowers provide the honey; whom God wishes to destroy he first makes mad, and the mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly small. This sums up the situation in Pakistan today. Truth is on the march. Mighty trees are falling. The storm raging outside shows no sign of abating.Where do we stand today? Pakistan is has a nuclear bomb in one hand and a beggar’s bowl in the other and Qitab in Pocket.One of the lessons of history is that when hunger and anger come together, people sooner or later, come on to the streets and demonstrates Lenin’s Maxim that in such situations voting with citizen’s feet is more effective than voting in elections. The bringing together of anger with hunger is like the meeting of two livewires. At their touch a brilliant incandescence of light and heat occurs. Just what and who would be consumed in the illumination is hard to tell. Well, hunger and anger have come together throughout the country in the wake of the unprecedented load-shedding. I see blood in the eyes of the protestors. I dread their determination.
Our country is in grave danger. Pakistan looks exhausted, ossified and ideologically bankrupt, surviving merely to perpetuate its corrupt rulers. Never has the divide between the ruler and the ruled seemed so yawning, and perhaps never has it been so dangerous. Thievery at the summit of power, a totally new phenomenon introduced in this country by Zardari, inspires outrage and disgust among the people, especially the poor. Both he and his prime minister are servile, obsequious, lackeys of the United States, insecure, highly dependent on American support, too willing to sacrifice national interest in order to secure American help for themselves and remain in power.][/quote]
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Rangudu wrote:Al Qaeda operates from the same region. By your logic, they too are sponsored?
Certainly.

But Al Qaeda in Libya/Syria and Al Qaeda in TSP (i.e. associates of OBL) do not have the same sponsors.
Last edited by Pranav on 14 Jun 2012 08:16, edited 2 times in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

tejas wrote:Look at the reasons these a$$holes are returning. No power and expensive sugar in Poakistan!! IMHO the solution to India's many problems doesn't include a former Jihadi, his Poakistani cousin-wife and their Seven children. :roll:
This kind of entry/re-entry is precisely what we need to stop and discourage. This will open the floodgates. Also, these fair-weather frosty jihadis will turn against us when religious fervour beckons them to slaughter the citizens of the very country that welcomes them back and condones their past atrocities. They may also be members of sleeper cells sent in with families to evoke sympathy and facilitate their return.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

abhishek

TTP's numerous components reportedly get substantial funds from the Middle East. That is why reality is always more complex than the simplistic models that reductionist theories often try to force fit.

Anyway, this "US created TTP" theory is still as bullshitty as it always has been.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Why don't you elaborate? Which Gulf country would like to support TTP against Paki Army? And why?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

rasonable assumption can be made that many players operate/d under the Umbrela of TTPee.
These guys are adept in playing with many comepeting sides simultansously.
Last edited by Prem on 14 Jun 2012 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

archan wrote:
Jingoism would prompt many of us to think so. However, if managed properly these people can be assets in a non-militant way. We are already spending tons on that state, and some of it could be used intelligently to break the remaining back of the jeehad.
Migration is usually for economic reasons. But if roti/kapda/makaan is freelly available, then migration for ideology becomes attractive.

Pakistan has encouraged migration for ideology. No. Scratch that. Pakistan was created to cause an ideology based migration of Muslims on the assumption that roti/kapda/makaan would be a given, to be taken for granted. But Kashmir is a special case. Pakistan's tactic was the same tactic that was later adopted by the Taliban and Al Qaeda. Using religion to create strife in a region and blame the strife on non Muslims, with the suggestion being that Islam is peace and the absence of non Muslims and unification of all Muslims would mean peace.

For many years I complained that the US and the west were unwilling to admit this, or were unable to see it. But now i realise that I am the dunce, the stupid guy here. The US and the West do not make a big deal about Muslims creating havoc for Islamic causes in Muslim dominated areas because Muslims as a group are actually backward and profoundly stupid. Individual Muslims can be brilliant, but the group is dumb. Their mullahs and religion keep them that way. They can never become a serious world beating threat because Islam keeps them down. The ummah can be used for various things. They can even be used to screw themselves. The Brits and the US learned that long ago. Indians with their "Dharmic universalism" never ever thought of "using Muslims" to screw themselves and others. But Muslims are a great group who will go over the top and murder each other if they are told that it is needed for Islam. What a fantastic God-send of a profoundly stupid group to have as an ally? Find an enemy - and help them fight the enemy and then use them to fight your own battles. This not only sums up Pakistan, but it sums up the history of Islam in the colonial and post colonial period.

The most ironically funny part about the ummah is that if they must stop fighting they have to go against their own religion. Their "leaders" :rotfl: are always talking about unending war. Their kids are brought up thinking about unending war. So find a cause to keep the buggers fighting and they will look after themselves. Never ever try to bring peace to the ummah. After all they are still wishing peace on their Prophet 1300 years after he died. Hasn't he found it yet? The west figured this out a century ago and Pakistan is just one group of the ummah who are being used in this way.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

US drone kills three militants in North Waziristan: officials
MIRAMSHAH: A US drone attack killed at least three militants early Thursday in Pakistan’s northwestern tribal region, known as a hotbed of Taliban and al Qaeda militants, security officials said.

The drone fired two missiles on a building in the central market of Miramshah, the main town in North Waziristan near the Afghan border, Pakistani officials said.

“A US drone fired two missiles on the first floor of a shop in the main market and at least three militants were killed,” a senior official told AFP.

There has been a dramatic increase in US drone strikes in Pakistan since a Nato summit in Chicago ended last month without a deal to end a six-month blockade on Nato supplies crossing into Afghanistan.

A drone attack killed 15 militants in North Waziristan on June 4, including senior al Qaeda figure Abu Yahya al-Libi.

Other security officials based in Miramshah and the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar confirmed the casualties in the latest attack, which comes a day after a drone killed four insurgents in the tribal region.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

SSridhar wrote:
This kind of entry/re-entry is precisely what we need to stop and discourage. This will open the floodgates. Also, these fair-weather frosty jihadis will turn against us when religious fervour beckons them to slaughter the citizens of the very country that welcomes them back and condones their past atrocities. They may also be members of sleeper cells sent in with families to evoke sympathy and facilitate their return.
They are trying to have best of both worlds. Get money from GOI and then conduct jeehard on behalf of TSP. If they come back to the valley all they would do is keep quiet for a while and when situation turns favourable go back to militancy. Afterall they are ready to abandon cashemere issue and crawl back in when they find life is good on this side. tomorrow they might decide it is good on the other side. Once a paki always a paki.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

SSridhar wrote: This kind of entry/re-entry is precisely what we need to stop and discourage. This will open the floodgates. Also, these fair-weather frosty jihadis will turn against us when religious fervour beckons them to slaughter the citizens of the very country that welcomes them back and condones their past atrocities. They may also be members of sleeper cells sent in with families to evoke sympathy and facilitate their return.
And no one talks about the Kashmiri Pundits who have been ethnically cleansed and are not allowed back. Only Jehadis can return when they please. Such weakness will be expensive in the long run.
Gautam
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

shiv wrote:Never ever try to bring peace to the ummah. After all they are still wishing peace on their Prophet 1300 years after he died. Hasn't he found it yet? The west figured this out a century ago and Pakistan is just one group of the ummah who are being used in this way.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Let peace be a rakshas!
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

National bird in action again.
Official: Drone strike kills four in Pakistan
A suspected drone strike killed four militants Thursday in Pakistan's tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a senior government official said.

The strikes targeted a militant compound in Miranshah town in North Waziristan, said Mukhtar Zeb, the official
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Sherry Rehman successfully blocks U.S. Senator from adding Pak aid cut provision
Washington, June 14 (ANI): U.S. Senator Paul Rand has been blocked from attaching an amendment to the farm bill that would withhold U.S. aid to Pakistan.

The amendment would have stopped U.S. aid to Pakistan until the country frees Dr Shakil Afridi, who was sentenced to 33 years of imprisonment after he was found 'guilty' of helping the CIA track down Al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden, reports The Dawn.

In a difficult and volatile climate against Pakistan in the US Congress, getting worse each day with the NATO supply lines lying closed, this was seen as a very challenging task for the Pakistani Embassy in Washington, states the paper.

Pakistani ambassador Sherry Rehman was seen on the Capitol Hill all week, lobbying non-stop with U.S. senators and staffers, to block the amendment.

Rehman and her senior colleagues were seen thanking all those who assisted behind-the-scenes in getting this important amendment blocked.

A Senate staffer said after July, when the election campaign goes into full gear, many more such amendments are expected, and will be practically impossible to block or defeat once they get tacked on to foreign assistance clauses.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From This Day That Age section of The Hindu
Border issue

Prime Minister Nehru, addressing a Press conference in New Delhi on June 13 [1962], said that India's offer to Pakistan to come to a settlement on the basis of the present cease-fire line in Kashmir must be deemed to have lapsed. He said the offer was made several years ago and it was not accepted by Pakistan. Mr. Nehru pointed out that there was loose talk of war on India's border in sections of the foreign Press. He emphasised that India did not believe in the solution of border problems by war and it would be most unfortunate if there was such a development. On the Kashmir issue, Mr. Nehru said that he was prepared for direct talks with Pakistan without any mediator. He would like everyone to remember that India took the complaint to the Security Council and many things had happened subsequently.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

chetak wrote:Really?? It's that simple?
For a dyed-in-wool-beardless Im the Dim jehadi, yes it is. Note that he used the term "penny" instead of "rupee or paisa".
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

No wonder the pakis are "allowing" these jehadis to return. Less mouths to feed. Send these inbreds to ADRoy's bungalow.
SureshP
BRFite

Post by SureshP »

Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Wasnt there is news of how paki designer clothes are selling like hot cakes in Srinagar a few days back. Seems like their paki love isnt over
12 Pakistan brands brace up for Indian market from Kashmir
At Srinagar’s leading shopping mall Sangarmal City Centre, a Valley-based company, ‘Finesse of Tradition’, has tied up with twelve leading brands of Pakistan and opened the store, a first in the country that houses brands from all over Pakistan under one roof, in the afternoon to a huge crowd.
The new clothing range, mainly kurtas from Lahore, and Peshwari chappals are fast attracting buyers here. “Earlier, I used to buy Pakistani fabric from Dubai, London or ask a visiting friend to buy it from Pakistan. I am happy to have the option of wearing best Pakistani cotton suits in Kashmir now,” said Zainab Habib, a buyer. Being a Muslim majority state, there is a big market for Khan Suits and traditional Islamic women dress line in Kashmir.

“I am not cashing in on any leaning or sentiment in Kashmir but my USP is fabric of Pakistan,” said Feroz.

Upbeat Feroz is just upset about model of cross-Line of Control trade system working between two parts of Kashmir.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

jehadi army of nigeria has finally found a major ally

Nigeria, Pakistan Strike Military Deal
The Nigerian Army and its Pakistani counterpart began a meeting yesterday at Rawalpindi with a view to striking a military deal between them.

They have agreed to partner on areas of professional interest in furtherance of their long standing cordial relations. The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Onyeabo Azubike Ihejirika who began a working visit to Pakistan yesterday discussed with his counterpart, Pakistan Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on areas of mutual benefits for both armies at the General Headquarters, Rawalpindi.

The Nigerian Army Chief considered the visit to Pakistan timely and rewarding with numerous gains particularly in the area of training. He expressed appreciation to his host for the warm reception accorded him and his delegation on arrival with kind words.

Gen Ihejirika later called on the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, General Khalid Shameem Wynne at Joint Staff Headquarters, Chakalala Garrison and the President, National Defence university (NDU) Pakistan, Lieutenant General Agha Muhammed Umer Farooq. He was introduced to Nigerian Senior Officer Participants on course at the institution.