Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29th May 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29th May

Post by Prem »

United States Hosts 2012 Pakistan-I​ndia Social Media Mela
Pakhandam Bhujangam Amangal Dugandam
Karachi, July 14-15, 2012 - The United States Consulates General in Lahore and Karachi were pleased to host the 2012 Pakistan-India Social Media Mela in Karachi on July 14-15, 2012. Building on the energy and inspiration of the 2011 social media summit, American support encouraged peace and prosperity in the subcontinent and the region by bringing together social media activists from across Pakistan and India. NGO PeaceNiche organized the content of the conference which was attended by over 200 of the most dynamic bloggers and social media practitioners on the subcontinent. Speaking on the occasion, Consul General in Karachi William Martin recognized the important role of the Indian and Pakistani speakers and audience members in addressing today’s most vital issues, stating, “I am inspired by your courage and dedication giving a brave voice to issues too often overlooked by the mainstream media. With a computer and internet connection your only tools, you have demonstrated sophisticated communication skills in speaking out against corruption, human rights violations, and violent extremism.” Consul General Martin went on to call the Mela a “model of citizen democracy,” and expressed gratitude to all the participants for playing a role in further strengthening peace and prosperity in the region. A festival of ideas and action, the 2012 Pakistan-India Social Media Mela nurtured dialogue and critical engagement with entrepreneurs, journalists, activists, writers, comedians, musicians and others, encouraging practitioners and novices alike to explore the creative arts, contemplate the changing face of media and politics, marvel at pop culture, highlight activists’ successes, gain insights on crowd-funding, debate the virtues of slacktivism, and demystify the business of social media. PeaceNiche, a not for profit organization that promotes democratic discourse and conflict resolution through intellectual and cultural engagement, curated the Mela.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

VikasRaina wrote:Does every Indian really feels the angst of rest of us about 11/26 especially the ones in power ?
Are we really this shameless to even entertain this idea of hosting terrorists from Pakistan for cricket matches?
Vikas - on this forum, in the last few weeks I had one response from a person saying something like the following "We were not around in the 1960s and in 1971 to experience the feeling of what US aid did to Pakistan - so that is old news and we need to see what has happened more recently. Maybe all that was important for old people but things change "

I bet my left testimonial there will be people - perhaps a person who was 6 years old in 2008, who will be 18 in 2020 saying "That is old hat. It's for old people and their memories. We need to move on. The world belongs to the young and the future is ours"
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

Rajiv Lather wrote: The Americans have much more to lose if in the coming days, an impression is created that the Pakistan, Taliban combine managed to defeat them and run them out of the region. All their plans will be destroyed in a wave of domino effect covering all of middle east and central Asia. And that will just be the beginning. The US will, and the US must support India, there is no other way out for them. They know this fact, they have already come to this conclusion, unfortunately our thinkers are not there yet.
The Taliban will not be allowed to replay 1992 or 1996. They will not be allowed to take Kabul. Or even Jalalabad.

There's more than enough countries determined to prevent that from ever happening. The key is to maintain Afghan confidence that they aren't and will not be alone in facing Pakistan and the Taliban. Afghan history tells us that's when defections unravel the government and security forces.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Truly sad that Kolkatta’s Telegraph sees fit to crow about the leadership taken by a member from the city of Kolkatta in proposing to play cricket matches in India with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and exults about the benefits to the city of Kolkatta.

Calcutta hand in Pak cricket ties resumption
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan demonstrated during the holy to Mohammadden’s month of Ramzan / Ramadan by a female suicide bomber wearing a Burka / Burqa:

Burka-clad female suicide bomber detonates in Pakistan

Nor is this a case of this being the first time a Burka / Burqa has provided cover for an act of Islamic Terrorism as the various cases listed below show.

Pakistan, 2011:

Burqa-clad Taliban kill 10 police in Pakistan siege

Pakistan, 2010:

Burqa-clad suicide bomber kills 40 in Pakistan

Iraq, 2010:

54 killed by burqa clad female suicide bomber

Afghanistan, 2008:

Burqa-clad suicide bomber kills 16 in Afghanistan--governor
The Mohamadden religion mandated garment for women, the Burka / Burqa, provides cover for yet another act of Mohammadden Terrorism this time in Pakistan:

Burqa-clad Taliban storm Pakistan police station
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Many of us on BR correctly point to US mollycoddling of TSP at India's expense. Jihadi Lodhi claims US is mollycoddling India at TSP's expense. US will say we are neutral onlee. We treat both our boys the same. But what both Jihadi Lodhi and US won't tell you is that TSP is a ruthless,predatory, nuke-proliferating, terrorist abomination, and its evil perfidy directed mostly against India. Therein lies the rub, and US knows it, TSP also knows it but it considers's its behavior as upholding the will of Allah. There is no rel equal equal between India and TSP.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Washingtonpost Article States the obvious.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html
Wheeling and dealing with Pakistan
the insurmountable obstacle is the political dysfunction of Pakistan, a country divided between a feuding, corrupt and insular civilian political elite and a military establishment dependent on terrorist allies and obsessed with unacceptable and unattainable geopolitical ambitions.
I posted the link here because of the last sentence a comment that was priceless
the United States will have to settle for a pragmatic combination of buying off Pakistan when it is possible — and containing it when it is not.
Both Obama and Zardari were presented the opportunity of asking one question directly to God.
Obama: when will economic prosperity return to US?
God: It will but not in your life time.
Zardari: When will Pakistan develop a democratic civilian government ?
God: Not in my lifetime!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Damn, shouldnt have read this dhaaga right in the morning... Whole day at work is ruined!

BP yet to settle down after reading about MMS's latest escapade with TSP. Wonder what more we will have to endure in the remaining 2 years? Guess we deserve thappads from time to time from TSP since that is the only way our netas seem to come out of their stupor w.r.t TSP
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Rajiv Lather wrote:You and Ramana concentrate on stopping cricket matches while there will be some, including me, who will worry about stopping the menace of terrorism emanating from Pakistan. Whatever floats your boat.
Wow...tussi great ho... :rotfl:
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Pakis are going the panda way. Since they couldn't come up with a decent name for a fast food chain, they named it - Blue Castle and are trying to piggyback off of White Castle's brand (in the US) :rotfl:

heck they even copied the logo
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6718_n.jpg

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obIAWDmJw2s
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

I don't care that Egyptians threw tomatoes at Hillary Clinton
What I care about is that Americans are being murdered and maimed by proxies for a military that the United States government is helping to prop up. So I would like to see something called 'prioritizing.' I want Hillary Clinton to stop running around the world like a chicken with its head cut off, while all time she avoids the key issue for America.

The key issue is that the American government, including the Congress and the U.S. Department of State, continues to aid and abet the murder and maiming of American troops in Afghanistan by proxies for Pakistan's military. That's the number one priority. Everything else is a distant second until the first priority is dealt with.

I also want Mrs Clinton to stop pushing the straw man argument that strengthening Pakistan's civilian sector will translate into a less dangerous Pakistan. Mrs Clinton, if the World Bank and IMF couldn't 'solve' Pakistan, what makes you think that USAID helping The Gap import jeans made in Pakistan or a Wal-Mart subsidiary in England import Pakistani mangoes can solve it?

Solving Pakistan is not the key issue at this time; again, the issue is to stop the U.S. from actions that encourage Pakistan's military to use proxy militias in Afghanistan against American troops.

I also want John Bolton and Barack Obama to cease telling the American public that Pakistan is too nuclear to be allowed to fail. Given the history of Pak military-instigated terrorism, where is the evidence that piling more aid on Pakistan's military will secure the country's nukes against terrorists?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

abhik wrote:Most news sources seem to suggest there will be no match in Mumbai. The slime balls at BCCI don't want to take any risk, I guess.
And, in the process, they are also sending a message that a Pakistani terrorist attack on an Indian city must simply be treated as just a localized attack on that city and the rest of the country must continue to deal with TSP as though nothing really happened.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

WARNING: All batshit crazy on this planet so KEEP OUT
In H.G. Wells's The War of the Worlds humanity is saved from destruction when an invading force of Martians falls prey to pathogens native to Earth, and for which the aliens have no antibodies. Now just in case aliens from further afield than Mars are smart enough to inject themselves with antibodies before they invade, my fertile brain has hatched a plan for keeping them away from Earth altogether.

I once read that radio signals travel forever in space, which means that every Amos 'n Andy Show that ever aired on radio is still broadcasting somewhere in the universe. So my plan is the essence of simplicity: Read out on a radio broadcast the entire history of the relationship between the United States and Pakistan.
I wrote all the above about a year ago but I was stopped from publishing it by the most awful thought: What if we've already been invaded by aliens? It struck me this might finally explain why the U.S. relationship with Pakistan is so very strange, even unearthly.

Before you laugh, consider that prior to U.S. actions since around 2006, when the Pakistani military's proxy war against NATO in Afghanistan went into full tilt, there was no precedent in human history for a government paying another government to murder its troops. As I've pointed out before, not even fiends such as Mao and Stalin, who were so very cruel to their own people, would have thought of that one; not even history's most primitive savages did that.

There was no precedent because everybody knows that the one thing you don't do is pay another government to murder the very people whose job is to defend you. But then one wouldn't be 'everybody' if one was actually from another planet and posing as a human. It might not occur to such aliens that there was something truly inhuman about paying another government to murder one's soldiers.
The American support has continued to translate into support for Pakistan from many quarters -- from international institutions to Western companies that have agreed to import clothing goods and other textiles from Pakistan. This, despite the fact that Pakistan's military continues to foster terrorism and use 'lashkars' to mount proxy wars against Afghans and the U.S.-led NATO mission there.

So it's closer to the truth to say that it's the relationship between the United States and Pakistan, not the country of Pakistan, which poses the greatest danger in the world.
Many such relationships are 'co-dependent' -- a psychological term that's easily misunderstood, as I learned when an editorialist in the American media picked up on my observations and proceeded to give advice about dealing with what he termed the "co-dependent" American-Pakistani relationship that was itself a textbook example of co-dependent thinking, and even enabling.

Enabling, as I've also explained before, is associated with co-dependence, although not all co-dependent relationships are supported by a party to the relationship that's acting to enable the other party's destructive behavior.
Both terms relate to individuals, not systems. And even though systems of government are managed by individuals, I think no matter how tempting it is to apply the concepts of co-dependence and enabling to the U.S.-Pakistan relationship, it's taking things too far to apply them to American government administrations that have spanned decades.

Unless one wants to speculate that individuals with co-dependent tendencies are attracted to foreign relations and defense occupations in the American government -- a very shaky speculation, I would think.
The United States has been a coalition builder even before World War Two and after the war ended, it established the multilateral institutions of the United Nations, World Bank and IMF, and several regional coalitions, and of course NATO. And all the throughout the Cold War and since, American leadership in the world largely translated into building and maintaining coalitions and encouraging nations friendly to the USA to do the same.

So it's possible that at some point the U.S. government institutionalized a view of leadership that actually had more to do with maintaining coalitions than with leadership. That could explain why the United States has gotten itself into the damnedest situations -- with China, with Pakistan, with Saudi Arabia, and even with NATO.

Perhaps the strangest aspect of this century so far has been the U.S. government wringing its hands over Saudi-financed terrorism. But who raised up the Saudis? Who taught them the oil business and built a nation for them? Who built their air force and army? Who aided and abetted them at every turn? The United States. This patten of behavior has been repeated many times, including with Pakistan and China.

In fact, it's hard to find a government working against the United States today that has not been helped at every turn by the USA, or by institutions and alliances that the USA created or encouraged. So while this might be considered leadership on another planet, down here on Earth we would call this mission drift.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

arun wrote:Truly sad that Kolkatta’s Telegraph sees fit to crow about the leadership taken by a member from the city of Kolkatta in proposing to play cricket matches in India with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and exults about the benefits to the city of Kolkatta.

Calcutta hand in Pak cricket ties resumption
It is not only a person from Kolkatta but everyone has done so, there is a man from Chennai too, and there is support even cutting across political spectrum. Rajiv Shukla said, when asked about BJP's opposition, that Arun Jaitley was in the meeting and did not oppose it. I have so far not seen any rebuttal from Arun Jaitley. This is our problem, the hypocrisy and double-speak of politicians of all hues and colours.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

so according to the usual pattern of India - Pakistan cricket- terrorism tango, we can start expecting medium sized attacks from March 13 in second tier cities, culminating in a big attack around next september/ october. I somehow feel Delhi will be the target this time - with an obligatory attack on Mumbai
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

this bloody kirket has become a pox, disgrace on India. Ever since this game has gained in popularity and televisions have started beaming it 24X7 India has been going down rapidly in geopolitical sense. An absolute nonsense of a game that proves nothing and has nothing athletic about it apart from probably fast bowling, which is the only worthwhile thing to watch here.

most terror attacks have been initiated after a cricket series between pakishitistan & bccistan.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

The paki court prosecuting Mumbai attackers has ruled that the evidence collected by the paki commission that visited India is illegal and inadmissible in court. The court has ruled that a new commission may be formed and sent to India
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Mumbai attacks: ATC-II rejects judicial report as unlawful | Tribune

Its time everyone (including folks on this forum) look beyond blaming MMS and start putting the onus for this insane policy towards TSP on the Congress party. MMS is expendable and he'll be blamed for all the ills of the present regime and a new face (read prince charming) will soon promise a new beginning.

Nevertheless, MMS is a fading star and now I'm very concerned about his last hurrah as the PM.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

now that the focus is on scams, the politicians have to get their funds from somewhere - kirket is the best option, no?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Virupaksha wrote:so according to the usual pattern of India - Pakistan cricket- terrorism tango, we can start expecting medium sized attacks from March 13 in second tier cities, culminating in a big attack around next september/ october. I somehow feel Delhi will be the target this time - with an obligatory attack on Mumbai
Sajid Mir, one of the handlers of 26/11, visited India to watch Mohali match in 2005. We had the article in ToI a few days back on this but we never learn, do we ?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

SSridhar wrote:
Virupaksha wrote:so according to the usual pattern of India - Pakistan cricket- terrorism tango, we can start expecting medium sized attacks from March 13 in second tier cities, culminating in a big attack around next september/ october. I somehow feel Delhi will be the target this time - with an obligatory attack on Mumbai
Sajid Mir, one of the handlers of 26/11, visited India to watch Mohali match in 2005. We had the article in ToI a few days back on this but we never learn, do we ?
Not really As long as no Bollywood, JNU, Media and Politcos but only AAM AADMI's who die the decesion makers don't care. The reason 26/11 rankles but 11/7/2006 forgotten is because hitting Taj brought the news close to the Elites.

The problem is many of our Elites Don't identify with 'INDIA' but use it only as a cow to milk it for money.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Aditya, I am sure aam admis will throng to the cricket grounds or watch the match avidly on TV, come December.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

^^^ @ the cricket topic^^^

So whats a BETTER way of dealing with your enemies, historically, been?

Isolating and marginalizing them and destroying them and letting them stew in their own crap?

OR.

Dealing with them, and forcing them by kind, persistent means to the useful and the good.

OR,

First destroy them utterly by war, and then slowly help them build?

I think the second option is time, energy efficient.

Hence;
Cricket is okay; person to person contact is okay; soft loans are not okay; reduced security in Siachen is not okay; locomotives okay when paid for in advance in hard cash and with a significant profit; electricity the same.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Let them play cricket. Anyways telecasting rights itself makes tonnes of money which India can mint at Paki expense.
BCCI are conjoos masters, them sharing revenue with pakis is a pipedream. Pakis may get 10-20 crores max. BCCI will make minimum 300 crores(include sponsor advertising, telecasting and ofcourse betting!)
I just hope BCCI donates some part of money from the series to 26/11 victims just to finger the pakis. Trust Dhoni, I know he will finger them.
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Don't forget to take your BP pill before reading. Please also read the comments.
Don't Forget Pakistan's Liberals
As the United States enters a shaky new period of detente with Pakistan following the recent reopening of supply routes to Afghanistan, it's fair to ask if Pakistani liberals deserve notice at all. Doesn't it make more sense for the West to instead engage more intensely with the powerful army and assertive hard-liners such as Mr. Khan?

The answer is no. Pakistan's liberals are not only less weak and less of a fringe phenomenon than they're made out to be, they're also the only ones who hold out the promise of a better future for their country.

The country has a robust, English-speaking elite. Its members represent an encounter between Islam and the West that goes back more than 150 years and has given South Asia some of its most gifted writers, lawyers and scientists—including the country's Shiite founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and its only Nobel laureate, the Ahmadi (a minority religious sect) physicist Abdus Salam.

English speakers aren't the only potential constituency for homegrown liberalism. Anyone with a stake in protecting ethnic identity, women's rights, religious liberty and free speech is threatened by the homogenizing forces of radical Islam and the paranoid security state.

These include the ranks of Pashtun poets and Karachi feminists, whose syncretic culture and modern ideas are under threat from radical Islam, as well as Sindhi and Baluch politicians who resent how centralized bureaucratic and military control hollows out federalism.

Perhaps the biggest potential defenders of liberal ideas such as freedom of worship are the minority Shiites and other heterodox Muslims. The Ahmadis have been under concerted attack since the 1970s, but in recent years radical Sunni violence against the country's approximately 25-million-strong Shiite community has gone from episodic to regular.

This year alone, at least 60 Shiites from the tiny Hazara community have been slaughtered by Sunni extremist groups such as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi. The very existence of these Muslims is threatened if Pakistan stays on its current path of denial and blaming the West for its most serious problems.

True, liberal ideas have yet to find an unapologetic political champion. President Asif Ali Zardari's ruling Pakistan Peoples Party broadly stands for religious tolerance and a peaceful South Asia. But it has been ineffectual in office. While it has been in power, religious zealots have murdered the sitting governor of Punjab province and the only Christian cabinet minister.

Last Wednesday, police in Punjab demolished the minarets of an Ahmadi mosque under a harsh law that forbids the sect from identifying itself as Muslim or using Islamic symbols.

Pakistan may have to wait to find a truly effective liberal party, but in the meantime nothing prevents the international community from supporting the ideas that could make it possible. This means focusing aid on groups and individuals that stand for democracy, free speech, women's empowerment and the preservation of local cultures.

As far as possible, contact with the military should be limited to pressuring it to end support for transnational terrorism, and to educating officers on how more successful Muslim-majority countries have managed to strike an appropriate civil-military balance.

Winning the war of ideas in Pakistan won't be easy. But it's an uphill struggle, not a lost cause. The alternative, turning to autocrats and demagogues, will only produce more radical Islam and more anti-American rhetoric in what is already known as the most dangerous place on earth.
One of the comments:

Unfortunately, the operative definition for a Pakistani Liberal is a Pakistani Taliban whose run out of ammo. :lol:
hulaku
BRFite

Post by hulaku »

UN doctor, driver shot in Karachi: officials
KARACHI: Gunmen opened fire on a UN vehicle in Karachi Tuesday, wounding a foreign doctor working on a polio immunisation campaign and a local driver, officials said.

The shooting happened in the Soharb Goth neighbourhood of eastern Karachi on the second day of a widely publicised polio vaccination campaign.
http://dawn.com/2012/07/17/two-hurt-in- ... n-karachi/
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

polio vaccine is a cia-hindu-jewish conspiracy per some circles to sterilize muslims.
member_19648
BRFite

Post by member_19648 »

http://www.timesnow.tv/Pakistan-court-d ... 406514.cms

Pakistan court dumps 26/11 report
In a setback to the prosecution of seven suspects charged with involvement in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, a Pakistani court on Tuesday (July 17) ruled that all findings of a judicial commission that visited India were illegal and could not be made part of the evidence against the accused. Chaudhry Habib-ur-Rehman, the judge of the Rawalpindi-based anti-terrorism court no. 1, said in an order that all the proceedings and the report of the Pakistani judicial commission that visited Mumbai in March were "illegal."

"The judge ruled that the commission's report is illegal and could not be made part of the records for the case," said Khwaja Haris Ahmed, the counsel for Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, one of the seven accused. "The court has the right to examine whether the working and report of a commission was duly executed and in this case it ruled that the report was not duly executed. The report will not be read in evidence," Ahmed told PTI.

The lawyers defending the accused had opposed the report of the Pakistani commission, saying it had "no legal value" as the panel was not allowed to cross-examine witnesses during the visit to Mumbai. The eight-member commission, which included prosecutors and defence lawyers, visited Mumbai and interviewed a judge, a senior police officer and two doctors who conducted the autopsies of the terrorists involved in the attacks and their victims.

Indian officials had said that cross-examination of the witnesses was not allowed in line with an agreement between New Delhi and Islamabad. Chief prosecutor Chaudhry Zulifqar Ali had earlier told the court that another commission could be sent to India after ensuring that it would be allowed to cross-examine witnesses. In response to this, Judge Rehman today observed that if India and Pakistan could reach some new agreement that would allow the cross-examination of witnesses, the prosecution could move an application to send another commission to Mumbai.

The judge adjourned the case till July 21. Sources said the court's ruling could have an adverse effect on the prosecution of the seven suspects charged with planning, financing and executing the terror attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people in November 2008. The trial has virtually stalled since last year and the judge has been changed five times since the proceedings began in early 2009. The sources further said today's court ruling could also affect India's plans to send a judicial commission to Pakistan to probe the Mumbai attacks. At the conclusion of two-day talks between the Home and Interior Secretaries in May, Pakistan had agreed in principle to receive an Indian judicial commission from India.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

habal wrote:this bloody kirket has become a pox, disgrace on India.

most terror attacks have been initiated after a cricket series between pakishitistan & bccistan.
If you try to treat someone for fever, it won't work. You cannot go after a symptom. Cricket is an excuse. That the GoI wants to do pappi jhappi with pakis is not cricket's fault. It is GoI's decision, that has the mandate of the people of India, whether you or I agree with it or not.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anujan wrote:The paki court prosecuting Mumbai attackers has ruled that the evidence collected by the paki commission that visited India is illegal and inadmissible in court. The court has ruled that a new commission may be formed and sent to India
***Long Post***
Least surprising.

Having known Pakistani Perfidy, anybody could have easily guessed correctly that the announcement, two years back, of a Judicial Commission to visit India to record evidence would have ended up like this. One didn't need to be an Einstein to predict that. But, Pakistan went through all the motions and for over two years too to do so and in the process would also seek refuge under the 'independence of judiciary' excuse to close this chapter. One should now expect that it would also now blame India for this ruling by the ATC, Adiala.

At every turn, Pakistan has learnt to use its adversity to its advantage, especially against two countries, India and the US. The US might have derived a lot of benefits even while appearing to be taken for a ride by Pakistan; but, it is doubtful if India has much success to report.

Just take this Judicial Commission issue. It started with Ajmal Kasab being included as one of the accused in the case at ATC, Adiala. The Judge indicted seven but treated Kasab (Qaidi No C-7096 in Mumbai) separately as he was held in another country. Lakhvi's lawyer argued that Kasab should either be extradited to Pakistan to stand trial in the same court or his confession statement to a Mumbai Magistrate could not be admitted as evidence. I suspect that the indictment came on the same day that Man Mohan Singh was visiting the US in November, 2009. Serendipity, nothing more. Lakhvi challenged the indictment in the jihadi-pasand Lahore High Court. The LHC rejected the challenge against framing of charges but said significantly that 'objections could be raised during evidence'. The seeds for the rejection of the report of the TSP Judicial Commission were sown then. Then, Lakhvi filed another application in LHC asking for acquittal in the case. It was while delivering this judgement that the jihadi-pasand LHC ruled that Ajmal Amir Kasab's confessional statement could not be used against the accused. Then Lakhvi challenged separation of Kasab from the rest, once again in the jihadi-pasand LHC. That court then ruled that Kasab’s trial could not be separated from that of the seven accused. Now, the prosecution was in a bind (or, more precisely, pretended to be so). Of course, all these were little acts of drama to hoodwink India.

The prosecution therefore asked the ATC, Adiala to declare Kasab as a 'proclaimed offender'. The Learned Judge, who had refused to do so a few months earlier, now accepted an application from the prosecution for Ajmal Kasab to be declared a fugitive. The defence lawyers argued against this successfully claiming that Kasab's whereabouts were known and he was not 'willingly avoiding his appearance in a Pakistani Court of Law' {Pakistani Court of Law, what an oxymororn} Lakhvi's counsel told the court that Pakistan government should approach its Indian counterpart to bring Kasab to Pakistan to be tried along with the other accused. The ATC, Adiala thereafter rejected the prosecution's appeal to declare Kasab as a fugitive from law. Then, the Defence, the Prosecution, the State and the Court enacted another drama. Now, the Prosecution (GoP) said they would issue a Red Corner Notice through Interpol for production of Kasab in ATC. The Defence opposed it saying that RCNs were only for fugitivs and not for those held in custody in another country. The prosecution reluctantly gave up the RCN idea as well. Then the prosecution went in appeal to the LHC on this issue of declaring Kasab & Ansari as proclaimed offenders and de-linking them from the trial of the seven accused. This was sometime in March 2010. It won't be settled by the jihadi-pasand LHC until 2011. All this while, Kasab's trial was still on-going in Mumbai. The Indian foreign secretary, Ms. Nirupama Rao, also ruled out categorically 'handing over' Kasab to Pakistan. The prosecution went in appeal against the ATC judgement on Kasab's status, to where else, the same jihadi-pasand LHC bench at Rawalpindi, where it was rejected. In the meanwhils, as this tamasha was continuing, Rehman Malik said that the trial would be over in a few months and a verdict announced. This was in May 2010. Asked about the slow pace of the trial initially, Mr. Malik clarified that “once upon a time” the evidence was not sufficient. But with the combination of the information received from India and the evidence developed in Pakistan, “we now have credible information.”

The prosecution sought more time from ATC, Adiala to gain access to Kasab (and Fahim Ansari as well). One can easily see how every opportunity was used by everyone to delay and blunt the proceedings. Of cousre, in the meanwhile, Kasab had been given a death sentence by a Mumbai court. The Pakistani Prosecutors now gave India the arrest warrant issued by ATC, Adiala ! Pakistan formally requested for the extradition of Ajmal Kasab and also requested Indian magistrate and police officials to testify in the ATC trial. This request was to keep India off-balance and take the initiative as the SAARC meeting was coming up. the trick worked. After the Thimphu meet, Ms. Nirupama Rao said that Gilani explained judicial difficulties that Pakistan was facing and the Indian PM decided to 'look forward and not backwards'. We know that the resumption of ties was made then and there.

The Defence lawyers now argued at ATC, Adiala that Kasab cannot be tried for the same offence twice now that a competent Indian court has already found him guilty and awarded punishment. In the meanwhile, India had given to Pakistan the confessional statement of Kasab (in English & Hindi). Now, Lakhvi's lawyer argued that the confession was not given in a Pakistani court, so Kasab cannot be named as a co-accused in the case or be tried. Suddenly the 'competence' of the Mumbai court had vanished. With Foreign Secretaries' meeting three weeks away (to be followed by the meeting between Foreign Ministers), the Pakistani SC said that Kasab's confession could be admitted in a Pakistani Court of Law. In fact, the trial of the seven suspects was adjourned without any proceedings apparently due to concerns among Pakistani authorities that any adverse developments in the court could impact talks with India. In early July 2010, GoP formally informed ATC, Adiala that the latest Indian dossier said Ajmal Kasab could not be sent to Pakistan to testify against the accused. The government lawyer said the anti-terrorism court could now make a request for the Indian magistrates and a police officer who had recorded Kasab's statement to come to Pakistan to testify. On July 10, 2010, the ATC Judge issued a fresh arrest warrant for Kasab. In August, Pakistani prosecutors filed an application seeking permission for the Indian Magistrate and a police officer to depose via video conferencing. In the meanwhile, GoP also floated the idea of a judicial commission to visit India to interview 24 key witnesses, including Kasab, the magistrate who recorded Kasab’s confession and the police officer who led the probe into the Mumbai attacks. On October 16, 2010, the ATC Judge said the case could not proceed unless key witnesses like Ajmal Kasab and Fahim Ansari were examined. The prosecution then sought four weeks from the court to complete various formalities. Then, on November 6, just a few hours before the arrival of the US President Barack Obama in India, Pakistan sent India its 13th dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks case and details of the commission Islamabad wants to send to India for pursuing the case. The Pakistani Foreign Office, said in a statement put out well past midnight, that Pakistan has also requested the Indian Government to facilitate the visit of the proposed commission. It should have been very clear even to the most visually challenged (no disrespect to them) as to who these developments were targetted at. Just before embarking on his India trip, Obama had urged Pakistan to expedite the Mumbai case trial.

The 13th dossier from Pakistan (they always want to be on up on India) was interesting. It detailed the composition of the Judicial Commission. It would be a three-member judicial commission comprising of a lawyer each from the prosecution and defence as well as a coordinator who could be a government or court official. It also made it clear that the commission would not be cross-examining Indian officials but would only authenticate their statements and findings as conveyed earlier by India. The diplomatic note mentioned three officials to whom the commission wanted access — Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate R V Sawant Waghule, Investigating Officer Ramesh Mahale who recorded Ajmal Kasab’s statement and the doctor who carried out the post-mortem. In response to queries by India about the legal basis of forming such a commission, Pakistan had cited Section 503 of its Code of Criminal Procedure which allows for alternate means if the witness could not be produced before a court. It had also made reference to Pakistan’s Qanoon-e-Shahadat that upheld the right of the accused to maintain silence and put the onus of proof on the prosecution.

The hearing in the LHC of the 'fugitive' status of Kasab could not be taken up until February 2011. And, on the day the hearing was scheduled, a judge on the panel hearing the case mysteriously retired from service as he reached the age of 60. So, the hearing was postponed as a new bench needed to be constituted. This was nothing new in this case as judges were frequently transferred, or they retired or they recused themselves or the lawyer died or the lawyers failed to turn up for hearing or the lawyers boycotted the court complaining lack of security or a lawyer was accused of fake degree etc - all means were employed to prolong the case. Finally on February 24, 2011, the LHC asked the prosecution to withdraw its petition and refused to declare Kasab & Ansari as proclaimed offenders. It asked the prosecution to take up the issue one last time with the ATC, Adiala. This issue now went back to ATC. Finally, in late March 2011, the ATC declared that Kasab could not be declared as a fugitive. Thus the Kasab issue had taken a better part of two years.

In the meanwhile, Pakistan announced in March 2011 that it would allow an Indian investigation commission to visit Pakistan and gather details but not allow them access to the accused seven. India soft-pedalled the issue and simply announced that modalities would be worked out later. Government sources later suggested this was done to ensure there were no red faces when Manmohan Singh and Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani met at the Mohali's cricket stadium and later, at dinner. India, wanting to look good to Pakistan, also announced a breakthrough in investigations into the Samjhauta Express blast case and the arrest of Swami Aseemanand in December 2010. Equal-equal only just as at Sharm-el-Sheikh.

Finally, in late August 2011, the ATC allowed the formation of a panel that would visit India. It was to be a 10-member team. Then, citing “grave security risks” and a potential threat to their lives in India, two of the three defence lawyers representing the seven accused, backed out of the Commission. The prosecution informed the court that the Indian government had agreed in principle to allow the Pakistani commission to interview four persons — two doctors, magistrate R V Sawant Waghule who had recorded the confessional statement of Ajmal Kasab, as well as Ramesh Mahale, the police officer who led the investigation into the Mumbai incident. In late November, Rehman Malik announced that the judicial commission would visit India within a week. But, nothing happened. However, it was announced in February 2012 that the commission would visit Mumbai between February 1 and February 10. Three days prior to the departure the defence raised fresh objections to the visit. The defence counsel challenged the foreign ministry’s notification and contended that the said notification should have been issued by the ministry of law and justice. They also rejected Kasab's confessional statement even though the SC had earlier ruled on its admissibility. The defence wanted to challenge the entire process in the jihadi-pasand LHC and wanted the commission's visit to be postponed until the disposal of those writs. All this after the lawyers had agreed to be part of the commission and on December 17, 2011 submitted their travel documents in the court. The tactics were very obvious. GoP then conveyed to India that the scheduled visit couldn't take place because of some issues "legal in nature". The defence counsels told the ATC judge suddenly that they also needed the statement and investigation reports for cross-examining Ramesh Mahale, the chief investigating officer, as well as other three prosecution witnesses – magistrate R.V. Sawant Waghule, who had recorded the confessional statement of Ajmal Kasab, and the two doctors who carried out post-mortem on the bodies of the terrorists killed during the attacks.

Thus, it was on March 15, 2012 that the TSP Judicial Commission set its feet on India for a sight seeing trip, pre-determined to do everything to make the whole exercise a farce.

Now, the Prosecution is saying that another commission could be sent to India after ensuring that it would be allowed to cross-examine witnesses.

TSP is ridiculing us, mocking at us and we are writhing here with impotent rage because GoI is on a self-destructive path of believing in its non-existent ability to correct the Pakistani discourse.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

They came, they saw, and they slapped the WKKs in the face. If the WKKs still argue for cricket and other ties with Pakistan, then it is pretty sure they are not just 'useful idiots' but are deliberately positioning themselves in the Beijiing puppet's camp for future economic and other benefits.

The Pakbaric jehadi terrorist sewer scum courts have clearly said once again - they are on the side of the terrorists, they are against good Pakistanis like Hakkani and are basically yet another branch office of TSPA/ISI/LET cabal.

There is no hope for TSP. Anyone that believes otherwise should simply move there and leave us alone.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Why cricket with Pakistan is not a good idea
While India [ Images ]n officials never stop berating the Americans and Europeans for mollycoddling Pakistan despite its rank bad behaviour, the Republic of BCCI and the Republic of India have gone ahead and done something similar to what the West does, says Sushant Sareen.
It would be really interesting to know what exactly prompted the Board of Control for Cricket in India to invite Pakistan for a short cricket series in India later this year. Who raised this matter in the BCCI meeting and who all supported the decision?

Where did the pressure come from -- was it the Prime Minister's Office? Did the Central Bureau of Investigation probe in the Jaganmohan Reddy [ Images ] case have anything to do with the BCCI agreeing to host Pakistan? Or was it only the lure of lucre that prompted the BCCI to take this decision?

Whatever the reason, one thing is clear: the Pakistanis have been proved right in their assessment of India as a namby-pamby country with a leadership that has made appeasement a pillar of foreign policy. Even worse, the Pakistanis would also be sniggering about how their stereotyping of India as a country of 'banias and lalas' who would do anything to earn an extra buck has come true, yet again.
While Indians go overboard in welcoming Pakistanis, they would do well to remember the example of a renowned Pakistani ghazal singer who inadvertently told an Indian diplomat (who he thought was a Pakistani diplomat in India) that he enjoys the money and the booze in India but at the end of the day he doesn't forget that Indians are Kafirs. Of course after he was blacklisted and the black money and Black Label stopped flowing, the Kafirs became kosher!

A former Indian foreign secretary had once dismissed Pakistan's raising of the Kashmir [ Images ] issue at the UN as 'the annual itch'. It now seems that India too has a 'Pakistan itch', what with politicians suffering withdrawal symptoms after a few months of disengagement. Not surprisingly, having received no satisfaction whatsoever on the issue of terrorism from Pakistan, the Indian leadership has reconciled itself to the unrelenting export of terror from Pakistan and come to the conclusion that there is nothing India can do except turn the other cheek.

Talk to top officials and policy makers and it becomes clear that India is forging its Pakistan policy on the premise that its only hope lies in making a dent on Pakistan's unremitting hostility through promotion of trade and people-to-people relations. Even the earlier pretence of punishing/penalising Pakistan for exporting terrorism into India has now been given up. Indeed this decision is another example of the complete absence of statecraft in this government. Given that one constantly hears the lament that India doesn't have enough leverages, it is a little shocking is how cavalierly India treats even the leverages it has.
All this in large part appears to be motivated by the burning desire of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh [ Images ] to visit the land of his birth. Not that this visit will bring about any paradigm change in the state of Indo-Pak relations, unless of course the Indian government wants to play Santa Claus [ Images ] and bear gifts of Siachen and Sir Creek for the Pakistanis.

The problem, however, is that these gifts will only whet Pakistan's appetite for more. The other problem regarding the proposed visit (probably towards the end of the year) is that there will be no credible interlocutor with whom the Indian PM can engage with, at least not before March/April 2013. By the time his visit comes through, Pakistan will either have a lame-duck prime minister in office in Islamabad [ Images ], or a caretaker PM (who in any case cannot make any far-reaching political decision). Therefore, unless Dr Singh intends to hold a dialogue with either Gen Ashfaq Kayani or Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry or even the rising stars of Pakistani politics (a certain Hafiz Saeed [ Images ] or his ideological alter ego, Imran Khan [ Images ]), his visit to Pakistan is going to be quite pointless.
One can only wonder how the Americans will react when after the next terror attack India once again goes running to Uncle Sam asking him to take action against Pakistan. Meanwhile, let us all put on our flannels and get ready to host Pakistan and fete Dawood Ibrahim's [ Images ] close relative, Javed Miandad [ Images ], in either The Oberoi, or better still in The Taj Mahal hotel [ Images ]. After all, isn't cricket a religion in India and isn't it true that cricket is more important than the thousands who have died in terrorism and who at the end of the day are a mere statistic!
Every word reads true...

Please excuse me while i go and bang my head and weep in a dark corner.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, requesting the unallowable, but has anybody monitored TSP forums? Are they celebrating MMS-led India's kirket surrender?

What disgusts me even more than MMS's decision is many an Indian elite who support this kirket decision under the guise of "politics and sports should not mix". And when you say 26/11 and terrorism inflicted on India by TSP is politics? Their answer is of course we care about terrorism, but thats a separate issue. Push them further, they will bring in Gujarat, Shiv Sena. Man, when I hear this crap, how I wish such idiots ought to the victims of TSP terror. I doubt any other rational discourse will drive sense into their skulls. Only problem is that India is filled with such elite chutiyas.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

^^^ S Swamy confirmed in one of his tweets that it was ISI blackmail of GOI ministers which lead to this kirkit decision.
@Swamy39 sir, is there possibility that ISI "forced" few politicians via hawala files to allow pak cricket match on Indian soil?

@Bharatiyata : Bulls eye!!

https://twitter.com/Swamy39
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Sushupti wrote:^^^ S Swamy confirmed in one of his tweets that it was ISI blackmail of GOI ministers which lead to this kirkit decision.
@Swamy39 sir, is there possibility that ISI "forced" few politicians via hawala files to allow pak cricket match on Indian soil?

@Bharatiyata : Bulls eye!!

https://twitter.com/Swamy39

Most if not all of our contemporary corrupt political class is vulnerable to such exploits by all and sundry. This is seems to be only plausible explanation for the series of confounding utterances/decisions made by the them in the recent times.
member_23626
BRFite

Post by member_23626 »

Deleted by moderator. Chill.
member_23626
BRFite

Post by member_23626 »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Congrats brothers!!!! Our great nation has crossed the limits of Hijdapanti

Terror to cricket, India has a ‘bada bhai’ complex with Pak

http://www.firstpost.com/world/terror-t ... 79724.html
The announcement of the resumption of cricketing ties between India and Pakistan has had the ‘candlelight’ brigade delirious with joy. They’re already crawling out of the woodwork trotting out their theories about how India and Pakistan are brothers separated at birth, like in a Bollywood film, and whom fate has kept apart for too long. In that estimation, a Pakistani cricket tour of India is the sporting equivalent of the Yaadon ki Baraat song that will reunite the brothers, now grown to manhood.

But outside of this cottage industry of bleeding-heart peaceniks, few people can make sense of the idiocy of playing ball with a Prodigal Brother who has, in all this time, only nursed venomous hatred for us. Consumed by Kashmir lust, he sends jihadi snakes into our home – and, over time, has only become more brazen in his embrace of terrorism. Now exposed before the entire world as the epicentre of jihadi terror, and on the brink of bankruptcy, he is looking for a way out.

An Indian BSF officer shakes hands with a Pakistani Ranger at the Wagah border. Reuters
But even in this moment of supreme weakness, facing international heat over its double-game of ostensibly going after terror groups while simultaneously feeding the beasts, Pakistan continues to mock India. When we proffer evidence of Pakistani state involvement in the 26/11 terror attack on Mumbai, one of the most egregious instances of urban jihadi terror anywhere in the world, it turns around and suggests that it was the work of Hindu terror squads.

And when hate-mongers in Pakistan continue to trot around the countryside making anti-India speeches and harnessing jihadi hatred for the next attack, the Pakistani state provides them moral and material support to export its terror machine.

But that kind of conduct is built into Pakistan’s DNA: for a country that was carved out of a united India on the basis of a specious two-nation theory founded on theocratic religious principles, the very existence of a secular, pluaralistic India is a stunning daily repudiation of the circumstances of its accursed birth as a nation.

And the spectacular decline in jihadi Pakistan’s fortunes in recent years – and the simultaneous rise of India as a relatively superior economy – is a daily reminder of the folly of its ways. Which is why the Pakistani state uses terrorist groups as an extension of itself; their objective is not just to carry out terror attacks on Kashmir or on random Indian cities. Their ultimate goal is the destruction of the idea of India.

When so much is known of the Pakistani mindset, why does the Indian government reward its perfidy by playing cricket, when we haven’t received the slightest indication that the Pakistani ‘deep state’ is willing to renounce the hatred in its black heart?

In conducting its relations with Pakistan, India nurses an ‘elder brother’ complex. That’s the perception that as the bigger of the two countries, which were separated at birth, India must bear the infirmities of the younger sibling.

Under this worldview, the ‘younger brother’ may cause grievous hurt, but in the end, the ‘bade bhai‘ ought not seek justice, buy find solace in forgiveness. We must therefore magnanimously open up our large hearts, bear the slights and taunts that our fragile ‘kid brother’ hurls at us, and not descend to his level of pettiness.

In doing that, we come up with the most elaborate alibis for why we have as much of a stake in ensuring that Pakistan, our kid brother state, does not collapse – because then mad mullahs and militarists would take over and we would have a problem that is many times more serious than having to deal with one cynically exploitative Pakistani ‘deep state’.

But as this columnist observes, there’s a case to be made that the opposite may well be true. In 1971, Pakistan was dismembered when Bangladesh came into being. This immediately ensured two decades of peace for India, as an enfeebled Pakistan was focussed on its internal failings. Additionally, the creation of Bangladesh ended the open support for insurgencies in India’s northeastern region.

Likewise, if Pakistan were to break up, he writes, “if Sindh or Baluchistan seceded, there is no way this could do India any harm. Rather, Pakistan would be so obsessed with its own problems that we would have a degree of peace.”

In any case, the larger threat to India comes not from freelance jihadis, but from organised terror machines that enjoy Pakistani state patronage. And so long as the Pakistani state is strong and stable, those forces derive greater strength in their anti-India activities.

When such is the case, when the Pakistani state is tottering on the edge, but yet shows no contrition about the hatred it nurses in its heart, it is utter folly to throw it a lifeline – in the way that the Indian administration has done with its invitation to play cricket.

Manmohan Singh‘s peacenik approach towards Pakistani has landed India in colossal diplomatic mess on many occasions in the past, most spectacularly in the Sharm el-Sheikh fiasco. Now in the autumn of his political career, keen to secure his legacy as a peacemaker, and sign off with a state visit to Pakistan later this year, he is clearly overreaching himself.

With its brazen refusal to bring the 26/11 masterminds to justice, and by continuing to mock Indian demands to wind down its terror machine, Pakistan has for long slighted the memory of the victims of the 26/11 attack – and other numerous terror attacks on India.

By playing ball with Pakistan, despite its repeated insults, the Manmohan Singh government is demonstrating not the magnanimity of the bada bhai, but the utter spinelessness of a weakling nation-state that will forgive just about anything. Worse, it has become complicit in Pakistan’s dishonouring of the memory of the 26/11 victims.
Last edited by member_23626 on 17 Jul 2012 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
member_23626
BRFite

Post by member_23626 »

Indo-Pak cricket: Why does India keep giving when Pak just takes :rotfl:

http://www.firstpost.com/category/india
Washington: Is India slowly replacing the United States in the dysfunctional relationship with Pakistan where it humours the spoilt child with rewards without demanding accountability for bad behaviour? Ironically, just when Washington and other capitals are finally tightening the screws on Islamabad, New Delhi is finding excess generosity in its heart.In the wake of what should now be termed an extremely successful visit — from Pakistan’s point of view — by Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani, India will resume cricketing ties and may lift the ban on Pakistani television channels. Both significant concessions and both made in the absence of any tangible positive moves from Islamabad.

This when Jilani and subsequently Pakistan’s ambassador to India, Salman Bashir, basically threw mud in India’s face and rubbished the evidence of ISI’s involvement in the 2008 Mumbai attacks. Bashir said on Karan Thapar’s show that it was “unbelievable” and “incredible” for India to say that Pakistani state agencies were involved in the attacks when Pakistani military’s headquarters and ISI offices have been attacked by terrorists.I don’t see why both can’t be true or how one precludes the other. But logic clearly hasn’t been Pakistan’s strongest suit. After all, it has been working steadily towards its own destruction.

By all means, give when you get something in return. Strengthen democratic forces within Pakistan but not by unilateral disarmament. AFP
Pakistani diplomats are said to be skilled at their craft and they certainly are. For ten years they took billions of dollars in American money while their terrorist proxies killed American soldiers. But why is India falling into the trap it has clearly seen others dive in over decades?

By all means, give when you get something in return. Strengthen democratic forces within Pakistan but not by unilateral disarmament. The proxy war against India hasn’t been called off — not a single meaningful gesture has been made to show the official mindset has changed. The atmosphere may have improved around the edges but a nation’s business can’t be conducted on the basis of atmospherics.

The last round of excitement in Indo-Pak saga was generated by Pakistan’s supposed granting of Most Favoured Nation status to India, 16 years too late but never mind. The initial announcement came in November last year but it has remained an announcement so far.

Now India is willing to resume cricketing ties, surely the mother of all excitement. Remember 2005 when hundreds of Pakistani fans came across the border and partook of the joy that only an India-Pakistan match can generate? Here is a grim detail — among the fans were 14 people who never went back to Pakistan and were never found. They are probably scouting sites, recruiting people, creating cells and blending in.

Sajid Mir, a key planner of the Mumbai attacks, and one Major Abdur Rehman apparently came as innocent cricket fans in 2005 and went around scoping Delhi and Mumbai for nearly two weeks, according to Syed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, one of the plotters of Mumbai who is being interrogated by India after his extradition from Saudi Arabia. This is a year before David Headley began making his trips to India. Can Indian officials ensure the next batch of attackers doesn’t sneak in as we begin the new round of cricket diplomacy?

Now for the other concession — not yet made but being looked at favourably by the Indian government. Jilani seems to have successfully argued that India should remove its ban on PTV and private channels. Alas, this is an idea whose time has not yet come. The demand from Pakistan has been on the table for several years but in the past wiser counsel prevailed.

So what makes Indian policy makers suddenly so sanguine about hate speech and anti-India propaganda that are regular fare on some Pakistani channels? Anyone who has watched Mubashir Luqman or Zaid Hamid talk casually about annihilating India with nuclear weapons (and Israel and the US) would know what I am referring to. Hamid’s solution to all Indo-Pak problems is to take over India with his “lashkars” and create one large country called Pakistan. Here are a couple of samples:

Do we really need this kind of onslaught? Do we really need to unleash Hafiz Saeed, a certified terrorist leader who has eased himself into Pakistan’s political discourse while the generals have watched, into millions of Indian homes? That too legitimately by signing an agreement? This will be a confidence building measure — but only for Pakistan.

In the past, district commissioner of Jammu has ordered cable operators to stop distributing Pakistani channels, including ARY and Geo, because of the intense anti-India propaganda. In Punjab, people in border villages have alerted the Indian army and visiting reporters about demonisation of India on PTV, a channel they watched because the Doordarshan signal was too weak.

May be there is some deep “Chanakya neeti” involved in the latest concessions or just latent idealism. I, for one, don’t get it. For the record, I want good relations with Pakistan but as Bashir said: It takes two to tango. Sadly, Pakistan’s tango is with terrorism. And the music there has died.
Last edited by member_23626 on 17 Jul 2012 20:37, edited 2 times in total.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Cartoonist Manjul in DNA sarcastically suggests that our cricket match with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan should be started on 26/11, the day of the Mohammadden Terrorist attack sponsored by the Islamic Republic on Mumbai, rather than in December:

member_23626
BRFite

Post by member_23626 »

Deleted by moderator. Chill.