India-US Strategic News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
nakul
BRFite

Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

Post by nakul »

^^^

???

Any keen watcher would know that MMS is a puppet and Sonia G is the super PM.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ind ... ingtonpost

Indian Americans entering politics after years of keeping low profile
by Pamela Constable
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Nandu wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ind ... ingtonpost

Indian Americans entering politics after years of keeping low profile
by Pamela Constable

Unstable is having takleef that Ind Am are directly into politics.

All along they were model minorty: working hard, raising money and satsifed with picture/victure or photo-op sessions. Now they want to run States and soon all the cess tanks will get cleaned up with Ind-Am kids who are graduating in poltical science by the droves.
The writing was on the wall by 1992 yet wasn't noted by WP aka WT.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ :)

It is interesting you say that Rji.

On one had we have Indian-Americans aspiring to political leadership roles in US and guide its policies. On the other hand we have RNIs dominating the Indian politics mortgaging Indian Interests to US empire.

I will not be surprised if one day the Indian-American lead USA guides India to be more Indian than the RNIs make it to be.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Like BRF?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RamaY, Met atleast six of those names and more. BTW, one of them was introduced to BRF and reads it regularly since 2009.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Ok folks
Just heard on MSNBC that next sec of state will be most likely John Kerry

This does not sound goog he more paki than paki themselves

Hope maha babu's in nai delli are prepared
Last edited by pentaiah on 07 Sep 2012 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ramana wrote:Like BRF?
;) Perhaps it is possible for one to see the virat-swarupa of Bharatamata only after crossing the shores..
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Raja ram ji
Welcome
been missing
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

RamaY wrote:
ramana wrote:Like BRF?
;) Perhaps it is possible for one to see the virat-swarupa of Bharatamata only after crossing the shores..
Dont tell the Budda Hakim . :) Keep it out of sight before he goes tight, grab the pike and strike. The RAMA is MARA there.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

nakul wrote:^^^

???

If so, why criticise ONLY the puppet?
And if not, the question applies even more.

Two things MMS needs to do ASAP ...

1. Find some foreign ancestor, preferably European
2. Get on the phone to John Abraham about some skin lightening creams.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

JE Menon wrote:

???

Seems to me it is a straightforward case of frustration over MMS's inability to deliver retail, insurance and media sectors on top of the fighter plane fiasco, and maybe the continuing pappi jhapi with Iran. The "failure" is not one of intent as much as it is of operational political ability. US may feel that having a different player in place of MMS might get more effective results for its agenda. It is a fact that due to various factors MMS lost the maneuvering room he had in UPA-1.

Maino parivar is seen as a permanent owner of India so there would be no point in criticizing them any more than it makes sense to criticize majority shareholder for performance of the CEO. Only thing shareholder can do is force the replacement of board and CEO. After that CEO is responsible for results.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 07 Sep 2012 03:30, edited 1 time in total.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Nevertheless is it not curious that there is not one article in the major western media critical of SoniaG?

Are there any in "mainstream" Indian media. I don't think I've seen one....
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

JE Menon wrote:Nevertheless is it not curious that there is not one article in the major western media critical of SoniaG?

In monarchist countries like Thailand, UK, Japan etc., there is no criticism of the monarch who is technically the owner of the country. I suppose some such primal meme is also at work?

You can fight to depose the monarch or try to abolish monarchy. Both are hard and dangerous in India. On the other hand, joining monarch's side brings rewards. So you settle for demanding "better governance" from monarch's appointees and servants. This is pretty much mughalai model. OT but I suppose comfort with this model is also why DIE takes naturally to embrace of TSP.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 07 Sep 2012 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

JE Menon wrote:Nevertheless is it not curious that there is not one article in the major western media critical of SoniaG?

Well that's the whole point of having a puppet isn't it? Power without responsibility.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

What gets my goat is, this guy can't even get elected and becomes PM via back door of RS
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

MMS ji tried in 1996 and lost to Sh.V K Malhotra and this was when he was the shining star in Congress's quiver after grabbing all the credit for opening up the economy and that too in prestigious South Delhi seat.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

ramana wrote:RamaY, Met atleast six of those names and more. BTW, one of them was introduced to BRF and reads it regularly since 2009.

4 of the people mentioned happen to be converts. their kids will be about as "Indians" as my next door neighbor >>> none.

fact remains that those who climbed up the political ladder either converted or married a non-Indian to bolster their credits.

compare that with Jews who are in office. they aren't converts. and they don't make it a point to deliberately look for non-Jews to marry. how did the Jews manage to rise without converting or diluting the "spirit" by slow Christianizing?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

JE Menon wrote: If so, why criticise ONLY the puppet?

Because MMS is PM of India and SG is an ordinary MP. The Indian constitution puts lot of power and responsibility on the PM and not MP.

:roll: My4THcousing says...
No wonder saint al-BRAman calls BRF an hindutva forum. Here is where

- One admin calls the PM of India a puppet
- Allows members to call him unconstitutionally elected undermining Indian dhemocrazee
- Other admins allow people to say the constitution is another bible/quran, which must not be altered and must be submitted for all remaining future
- a former admin and senior member floats nonsensical ideas like Out of India theory, saffronizing Indian secular history of AIT
- other admin wants to recreate Mahabharata times taking India back to 3000BC
And so on...

P.S: I want to put the whole forum between [sarc] and [\sarc]
Last edited by RamaY on 07 Sep 2012 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

Is this still the US thread?

Let me just point out that many of the people now complaining that Sonia has power without responsibility are the same people who protested the possibility of her actually having that responsibility in the first place.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Nandu wrote:Is this still the US thread?

Let me just point out that many of the people now complaining that Sonia has power without responsibility are the same people who protested the possibility of her actually having that responsibility in the first place.
Then
she would have been powerful and irresponsible as well no.?

But you are right we need to get back to title of the thread rather than entitlement in India politics

Meanwhile John Kerry the presumptive Seceretary of Sate in Obama version II is speaking
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

Plenty of US publications called Bush worse things. More to the point, newspapers in other countries called Bush all sorts of names and lampooned the heck out of him.

Sonia maybe the controller but MMS is still the holder of the Chief Executive's office. Let's not read too much into this article.

If anything, it was probably too kind to MMS. By choosing to be a puppet twice, he may turn out to be the worst PM in the history of India.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

JE Menon wrote:

???

In the 2G scam earlier, the trend was to point the blame at coaltion partners. In coalgate, fingers point to MMS. Every Congi following person knows that even the chai delivered to MMS requires Sonia G's permission. When a person like L K Advani cannot blame Sonia G for the country's ills, do you expect an American newspaper to do better?
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

Now I have been wondering about that WP article on Indian-Americans entering politics. And unfortunately I have mixed feelings about its timing.

3 million out of 300 isn't a big number. Is this the right time to project??? furthermore this article seems to suggest at some level that those 3 million owing to their backgrounds are disproportionately ready for public office.

or did indeed anybody really want to project at all??
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Raja Ram wrote:Gentle readers should note that criticism is directed only at MMS and not at Sonia G. for the western media she is still the saviour of India from going towards a Hindu right. She is the tragic queen sacrificing herself to the upliftment of the Indian masses.

This is what I wonder at all times. How is it that everyone and his uncle goes after MMS. Yet, we hear thunderous silence about SG.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

Pratyush wrote:
Raja Ram wrote:Gentle readers should note that criticism is directed only at MMS and not at Sonia G. for the western media she is still the saviour of India from going towards a Hindu right. She is the tragic queen sacrificing herself to the upliftment of the Indian masses.

This is what I wonder at all times. How is it that everyone and his uncle goes after MMS. Yet, we hear thunderous silence about SG.
There is a phenomenon called peer review when screening journals. The premise of this is you can speak anything and get away with it as long as you are part of a larger group. However, it is difficult to speak the truth when you are doing it alone. :roll:

In short, follow the herd :idea:
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

Hehehehehehehhe.

Read my friends read.

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/ ... o-kolkata/
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

One Bengali asked me a question that was on a lot of peoples’ minds: “If China attacks India, will the U.S. protect us?” I gave a diplomatic answer, saying that if the Prime Minister of India makes an emergency call to the White House, the U.S. President will take the call. But after talking to various diplomatic and policy sources, it’s clear that the security of India’s northeast is getting a lot more attention than it has had in the past—in Washington and elsewhere.
It is about the North East - fact finder trip. Geopolitical winds and future strategic fallout
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Maybe these reports, in some round-about way give some credence to MMS. Make it look like he is in charge though failing in his duties at times and not a 'puppet' just doing what he is told.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I didn't like the WP article on MMS. What I didnt like even more is Pioneer etc gloating I told you.
Worse is Hindu types parroting the WP article.
The silliest thing was PMO complaining to WP as it gives that rag respectability
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I think we shouldnt support our b*turds just because it is some foreign rag is throwing trash at them. A similar consideration saved yuvaraj from jail or public embarrassment, later leading to the policy disasters in UP, Bihar, Ktaka, Gujarat and AP by INC. Today India is paying tens of billions of $s every year to keep the hopes of this in-bread Yuvraj.

I also think MMS should stop getting any sympathy or consideration just because he is a puppet. That is the worst logic one can come up. He was not a puppet to accept the position offered to him. He made a conscious decision to be the puppet of a foreigner and successfully scuttling Indian interests for the past 8 years. In any other place (pls note that he is not a dictator) he would have been tried for treason and hanged a long time ago.

I would give more weight to Rajamata any day than I would to this MMS. Atleast she faces the electorate, does the necessary hardworking and wins in direct elections.

I can't even understand how MmS and his family wake up and see other Indians face to face every morning.

Shame on him and his family.

P.S: if this is OT here, I will move it to junk thread or delete it.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

^^^ True Ramana ji.

Let WP say what it wants.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RamaY, Some folks thought Prithvi Raj should get his just deserts from Ghori too!
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

RamaY wrote:He made a conscious decision to be the puppet of a foreigner and successfully scuttling Indian interests for the past 8 years.
That is a lie. Sonia Gandhi is Indian. He is not the puppet of a foreigner.

Yet, he beat the BJP hollow in the 2009 general election. What do you call a party that gets beaten by a weak ineffectual puppet. :mrgreen:
RamaY wrote:In any other place (pls note that he is not a dictator) he would have been tried for treason and hanged a long time ago.
If you want to live in a country that hangs its Prime Ministers, you could emigrate to our neighbour to the West. :lol:
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

"Sharper than a serpent's tooth is a thankless child..." Poor much misunderstood snake-oil mendicant.He was always a servile species,in fact the epitome of servility to both his desi and firang masters.Of course criticism at home was par for the course,but from Amrika,the land of his hope and glory? The nation whose ideology he dedicated almost all of his life to only to be backstabbed by the Washington Post! He never looked fro praise at home,but constantly stroked the western crony capitalist club in order to receive its plaudits.Sadly,he has been dumped so indecently into the garbage bin of failures and has-beens,but he should've known better as Uncle Sam is the first to desert a loser,and his snake-oil's sell-by-date has long since expired.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Rji, I truly pray that you are right and I am wrong and MMS is modern PrithviRaj and he is forgiving the Pakis again and again. I wouldn't mind being wrong again and again if India gains in this process but alas all the indicators are hanging in the red for past few years.

Ekalavya - Welcome back. I am glad you did not lose your opportunity to do a == with your father nation.

So the consensus is MMS is a puppet (I know that is not an insult enough) and being a puppet to another Indian (SG is an Indian, yet she sacrificed PMship to satisfy fanatics like me) is ok and hence he is not responsible for his actions/inaction. Excellent strategy indeed.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

In context of Ambika Soni's 'peevishness' on the WaPo article on MMS, Swapan Dasgupta has this anecdote in his ToI blog:
Last month, Mamata Banerjee became a target of derision because she couldn’t countenance the insolence of a farmer who heckled her at a public meeting . He was dubbed a Maoist and spent a week or so cooling his heels in prison.

The man was lucky. On the evening of November 1, 1975, the government of the day had organised a reception for delegates to the Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference in Delhi’s Red Fort. This being at the height of the Emergency, a group of young men suddenly got up from their seats, shouted a few slogans against the murder of democracy and threw leaflets in the air. The police and some Congress activists rushed in and began rounding up the demonstrators.

According to the interim report of the Shah Commission of Inquiry into the Emergency’s excesses, a reporter “saw that one of the demonstrators was caught by the wrist by a lady, who—he later came to know—was Mrs Ambika Soni.” The journalist, in a fit of misplaced meddlesomeness , is said to have told the all-powerful right-hand woman of Sanjay Gandhi , “to leave the job of arresting the demonstrators to the police” . Upon seeing this exchange with Soni, “the then SP (CID) came running to the spot and after speaking to Mrs Soni briefly ordered the policemen to arrest” the journalist who was then led away to a police van.

It is said that Soni, on learning that the difficult individual was from the media, asked him: “Don’t you think it was your duty to help me arrest the boy instead of preventing me?” Pat came the reply : “… it was none of your business when the police are there in large numbers.”

This was no way to talk to the head of the Youth Congress. Soni’s reply was terse and to the point: “OK then you go in.” And in he indeed went, detained under the draconian Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) for nearly nine months.
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.co ... en-swagger
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

RamaY wrote: Ekalavya - Welcome back. I am glad you did not lose your opportunity to do a == with your father nation.

So the consensus is MMS is a puppet (I know that is not an insult enough) and being a puppet to another Indian (SG is an Indian, yet she sacrificed PMship to satisfy fanatics like me) is ok and hence he is not responsible for his actions/inaction. Excellent strategy indeed.
RamaY, so you accept: (1) Sonia Gandhi is an Indian i.e. your original claim was a lie, (2) You are a fanatic (you said it yourself), and (3) Hanging your political opponents is a Pakistani speciality, but you would like to do the same to the current PM of India. Now, when you are giving such a perfect impression of a lying murderous fanatic, why are you giving me any credit?

Also, when you talk about "father nation", I think you have been indulging your love for defeated and discredited 20th century European ideologies.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

I have lived that era
we use to discuss in hush hush tones over one by two Irani chai's (20 paise), how many of our class mates were likely to vanish for political affiliation like ABVP RSU. In all two class mates were either picked up or went underground, later after 1977 they rejoine but lost two years and became juniors to our batch.

very scary tumultuous days indeed
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Sonia Gandhi is a naturalized Indian not natural Indian no?

I cant speak for RamaY as he is more eloquent than I, but but

Is not MMS already hanging by thread due to coalition dharma, and every now and then he has to satisfy two women at the same time, Sonia G ji and Mamta Didi Ji no?

what is the difference between a Fanatic and Patriotic I am still to understand.
but I have seen many who are recreant