Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Sagar G »

SwamyG your entire context is laughable since you think that Modi sees himself as a separate entity from BJP. Modi has never projected himself like that forget about even talking in those terms inspite of all your rant Modi has been inducted in the BJP parliamentary committee and his guy has been made the UP head. So the path of Modi's PM dream goes through BJP and not without it. Your soosai mode is your view only, don't know about anybody else but Modi surely doesn't think like such. Wherever he goes he goes as a leader and star performer of BJP.

Read the articles that have been posted Advani has said that both of them are very important equally and I don't see any flaw in that statement. If Advani brought Modi in his speech so what ??? He is the star BJP leader it's only obvious that comparisons with other leaders of BJP will be drawn and BJP is the only party where we have so many visible leaders a trait which is shared by no other party. Since people of this country have become habitual to do gandu mahimamandan for most of them it is a chaotic scene out there when they look at BJP since never being exposed to so many choices they go "BJP is a party with internal fight hence we are back to eating shit". In democracy there is bound to be tussle and since BJP is a democratic party hence the tussle, what's so surprising or wrong about that ???

When the "respect" is brought by the threat of CBI then I won't place such "respect" in any kind of regard. Whether BJP will wind down or not will depend on whether the people of this country want to wind them down or not but one thing is for sure that Modi was is and will remain a part of BJP no matter what.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Nope, I never said Modi sees himself as separate entity from BJP. It is I who see Modi away from BJP. He is like a diamond among the buddhu janta. I have for quite sometime, on BRF, expressed my inclination of Modi being different from other BJP leaders and BJP just getting in the way of Modi. Modi will benefit from BJP's infrastructure & grass root offices and party workers. That's all. The tog dogs are no help at the moment. It is sad that the party that allowed Modi to grow, now stands in his way.

Call it my wish or fond hope of India getting a good leader, who will inspire people and make progress. Modi will not turn India around into a shinning glittering prosperous happy country, but I believe he will at least make progress towards that goal.

Boss, I have seen and read BJP supporters claiming BJP is more democratic and leaders have more voice than INC. Ultimately, when the rubber meets the road they are bunch of proverbial crabs who pull each other down. Sure in a democracy, a political party will have many ambitious leaders. But if you are going to have that route, then at least have some kind of voting/election/referendum among the party workers to elect their leader who will lead the party. Let the party workers decide by votes their best choice for an individual who will be their candidate for PM. Na? Instead, we have leaders wandering around claiming this guy is better or that guy is better; Gujarat is no big deal itaydi.

Any individual with average intelligence would figure out Gujarat is not all because of Modi. Modi is a piece in the larger puzzle. So if Advani wants to point that out in an election cycle, then I am not going to give Advani the benefit of doubt, to me he is anti-Modi. Simple.

Let the natak baazi end, let Buddhu Janata Party call its own elections. After all it is more democratic than INC, na? Let Modi or Advani or xyz compete for being the PM candidate. I know India does not have Presidential form of government. So if BJP wants to keep its cards close to its chest, let it at least do that - instead of all this tamasha. I do not think all these are 'Chankian', we saw how BJP fared in the last two elections.

All the democracy is just a drama for incompetency. So Yeddi revolts (assuming he had INC or no INC support), and brings the downfall of BJP in Karnataka. What use is such democracy, at least Yeddi did not believe in that. So do we then crow about that? INC does not pretend to be democratic, and it plays its cards well to squish and cut budding regional leaders.

For a country, a political party (BJP) nor an individual (Modi) is the be-all end-all; for the betterment of the country if INC or BJP have to close down their shop. Then that is what should happen. Oh well, it all rests in the hands of voters.

It reminds me of Mushing { http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushing }. There are lead dogs, swing dogs, wheel dogs, team dogs ityadi. Since the dogs are bred by humans for the position, it is easier for the humans to select the right dogs for the right position. In politics, a political party by some form has to pick its dogs appropriately. In my books, the party might be all noble & good, but if it cannot pick the right dogs I term the party as incompetent. I am not advocating the party to adopt wrong/evil means - sometimes the means are important. Pick the best you have and work hard at winning. If you lose, so be it.

In the jungle of BJP, every animal wants to be the Lion, even after realizing the fact that it can be at best a hyena, or an old lion. Calling it a democracy is wrong. BJP is as democratic as INC. It is a system of elite picking one among themselves. It is just easy in INC, they pick one from the Nehru-Gandhi family. In BJP the pool is marginally larger.

If someone says, all these controversies are master tactics by BJP to keep every one guessing and INC confused; I will believe it when BJP wins without Modi.
Last edited by SwamyG on 02 Jun 2013 01:26, edited 2 times in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

touche! you have hit the bulls eye of bajaps. imho, i feel the same after bajpayee. less modi, bajaps have repeatedly demonstrated leadership based party rather a party based setup. .. so, the right discussion point, where is this all about some family leadership vs. some ad hoc leadership that we want. i wonder if all our billion aam junta wants only leadership model, why not just go for the presidential form of gov?
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

SwamyG wrote : (+1 for the wonderful post)

In the jungle of BJP, every animal wants to be the Lion, even after realizing the fact that it can be at best a hyena, or an old lion. Call it a democracy is wrong. BJP is as democratic as INC. It is a system of elite picking one among themselves. It is just easy in INC, they pick one from the Nehru-Gandhi family. In BJP the pool is marginally larger.

Currently it seems it is the Nehru-Gandhi cabal that selects the BJP leadership too.

Advani is becoming more & more like a rotting rather rotten apple. Thank you sir for your efforts, but it's time to go. Or hopefully, be thrown out. Dharma has no mercy and dharma says you're ****** with it.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I am sorry to have forgotten the name of the BRFite who wonderfully put the point of Advani being denied of being the PM - which he deserved (and developing a negative attitude & grumpy thereafter); and now if Advani is going to deny Modi the chance. It was put forth that in all likelyhood Modi could develop similar negative attitude and stand in another bright and deserving candidate in the future. We don't want Modi as an old grumpy guy. Was it Rudradev or Muppalla who put that point, cannot remember. It was a good point.

My take is that Advani should unite the party's upanetas behind Modi. Never demonstrate confusion or illusion among its elite. Never feed ambitions at this point in time. This is Modi's time, if Modi is projected and loses, then so be it. BJP can rediscover (I doubt that) and have brighter and more capable leaders in the future, and probably announce them as leading candidates for 2019. Right now Advani has to become the Kautilya and Modi the Chandragupta. That is their destiny. It is not like Sushma or Chouhan will give victory easily.

As this dhaaga about ideas, what exactly are the other BJP leaders' idea about India and its progress? Right now, it is all gheesa peeta hua aata onlee.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

I hate this argument that Advani (or anyone else) has built the party from 2 to 180 and hence need respect type of sentiment. Crudely put, it is like pardoning a father who rapes his own daughter and claims it as his right because of him she grew into an adult. The time for sentiment and emotion is getting over. He should be bluntly shown the door. (I never thought I will criticize this man to this level)

Again he can have his views, but today is a very low in his statement. He can praise MP and SSC but there is no need for him to bring in Guj/Modi. He is trying to bring in comparisons and creating confusion and rifts in the minds. Not a man for bringing in unity anymore.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Advani may simply be trying to butter up Shivraj Singh Chauhan without desiring to do any harm to Modi. After all he wants that there is some "popular demand" that Advani should be a candidate from some MP seat, so that he could be convinced from such public pressure to change his seat from Gandhinagar to some in MP.

One shouldn't read anti-Modi line in Advani's speech!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I would say this.. any way it is all party based democracy in desh, so if two or more likely candidates are equally capable, then the party could agree to share the PM post, may be by portfolio or CnC for specified periods, etc. It is all with aam junta's hands.. they should vote for the party rather.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Why should a 84 year old man try to butter up a 54 year old man? Why should a grandpa trying to make his grandson khush, needlessly poke at another grandson? At 84years, he should not aim for an MP seat from MP or elswhere, but to play with his grand kids (real ones) and counsel budding leaders for the betterment of country.

Grandpa: Beta, tum mera favorite potha ho.
Grandson 1: Tell me more.
GP: Beta, you are kind and good human being.
GS1: Tell me more.
GP: Beta, you married an illiterate then you spent money on educating her and you helped her getting PHd. You are better than Grandson 2, he married a graduate and helped her getting a PHd. Big deal, she already had education. So you are better than him.

Grandson 2: Dada, why bring me in the conversation?
GP: Beta, naaraz nahin hote beta. Mein aisi bola raha ta use kush karne.
GS2: ???
GS1: Dada, "aisi"? Go F yourself.

Neighbor1: See I told you, Grandpa loves GS1 onlee.
Neighbor2: Yup I agree, Grandpa loves GS1 more than GS2. Maybe GS2 is not really that great after all.
Neighbor3: You two are right, we should invite GS1 for our dinner-daru party.

GS2: Dada, see you are causing takleef among us brothers.
GP: Beta, aisa nahi bolte....mera dil bahut hi saaf hain. Tumari patni padi likhi hain. Sundar hain achi hain. Pur uski patni to pahele....

GS2 wife to GP: Go F yourself.
GS1 wife to GP: Kya kaha aapne ? "pur uski patni to pahele....." Yea, Go F yourself.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

It is going to be tough for Modi in the Parliamentary Board. I think he would have to break off a leader or two from the D4. May be Ananth Kumar!

Or Modi could try putting pressure on Murli Manohar Joshi perhaps through the BJP workers on the ground in Varanasi.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Or BJP Can Dump D4 And Move Forward. Does BJP Parliamentary Board Has God Given Mandate to Choose Pm?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Can someone please post a transcript of LKA's *exact* words in the speech where he allegedly praised Chauhan and referred to Modi? I have a strong feeling that we are arguing over MSM phantoms and nothing else here.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

^I watched it on TOI, the old man has become very jealous and too selfish. He is going to lose respect from even hard core BJP supporters. He is ruining everything that he has achieved.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Granted context is important, but this is clearly unnecessary comparison.

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

The first part has Advani talking about chouhan being humble. Again context is important, and we do not have the full speech.

Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

I've raised this topic earlier HERE and I'm doing so again.

There has been two pages of talk on how Advani is irrelevant, unstable, power-hungry etc and should resign. And there's another set of posts cribbing against the BJP (forget about the NDA) for refusing to coalesce behind Modi.

Yet there's almost a studious silence on the possibility of Shivraj Singh Chauhan actually running as the prime ministerial candidate. He's got a record to (out?) match Modi's and the personal equations (similar to ABV's) to successfully manage a unwieldy coalition. Doesn't make fiery speeches, but gets results all the same.

Yes he's stated that he's not running after the PM's post, but I'm sure BR members are seasoned enough not to read too much into such public statements. For all you know, this may be the first step by Mr Chauhan while actively soliciting support for a genuine run for 2014.

Worth a discussion at least as much as one on the intricacies of Advaniji's speech.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Viv S,

I see what you are saying. There's a large section of voters (including many first time voters) who are willing to vote NDA if and only if namo is projected as PM candidate, else will sit out or vote along more traditional caste etc lines.

I don't quite see SSC invoking the same enthusiasm in the cadre, among the general public etc. He is a good backup option maybe but as of now, not in the namo league in perception matters. And perception does matter. JMTPs etc, of course.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Well as far as me I have not been following BRF or this thread for a few days now :-) I do not mind any individual - be it Ram, Robert or Rahim who will help lead India in any way forward. So Modi's speeches are fiery? BJP calls itself party with a difference. So if there are able leaders like Modi and Chauhan; why does it not let its part elect the best candidate? Is it against Constitution to allow its party workers to have a say. It is transparent and a better way than all this nudges and in-fighting.

If Advani knows some dark secrets of Modi, if there are skeletons in the cupboards of Modi; then Advani should come out openly. It will be a great service to the country. If for some reason Advani feels Modi is not the right candidate, then Advani should speak up.

Modi has caught the imagination of people, and is inspirational. He provides a vision and articulation of where he sees India and the lives of Indians. It is refreshing, if Chauhan offers the same, then he ought to speak up too.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Modi goes to Delhi and the first thing he does is spend time closted with LKA -- the anti LKA gang - on this thread third take a real reality check and stop confusing anti LKA rants as positive pro Modi behavior - also Modi is not god - he knows it and behaves accordingly - his supporters need to align with that as well !!
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

It is hilarious to even suggest that Modi's supporters worship him, within BRFSphere his support is tempered. People like him and support him. When will LKA supporters realize LKA's time has gone.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

R. Vaidyanathan is late. Nevertheless, Der aaye, Durust Aaye.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Modi or no one, there is no third choice

If Modi is not anointed PM candidate at the Goa meet, next best thing would be for BJP to at least publicly narrow down its options at this stage by articulating that there is NO other third choice - it will be Modi or No-one, prior to elections. Modi as PM can be announced in December, after state elections.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Now following @narendramodiH -- Modi's tweets in Hindi.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Arjun wrote:Modi or no one, there is no third choice

If Modi is not anointed PM candidate at the Goa meet, next best thing would be for BJP to at least publicly narrow down its options at this stage by articulating that there is NO other third choice - it will be Modi or No-one, prior to elections. Modi as PM can be announced in December, after state elections.
Realistically speaking, for Advani & Co, "no-one" will be a big victory. They will not even try to get anybody else named. Other names will be brought up only after the polls, with the help of people like Nitish.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

@ramki_xlri: Dear LKA Losers, when he was declared a PM candidate a year before 2009 Genex, all his present supporters opposed, but we stood by him.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Regarding LKA, I have noticed that in the last few years the only time he appears in news is when he is criticizing the BJP. It's hard to believe that he still has any supporters, that too in this forum.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

@ramki_xlri: U can call Sonia by any name.But,she never compared her 2CMs. Her victory is not because of her strength,but coz BjP leadership is weak.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Pranav wrote:Realistically speaking, for Advani & Co, "no-one" will be a big victory. They will not even try to get anybody else named. Other names will be brought up only after the polls, with the help of people like Nitish.
I definitely want Modi announced as the BJP PM candidate - only question is what is the best time for making the announcement public. Is it as early as now (one year prior to polls) or would it serve Modi better if the announcement comes just a few months before polls.

That requires some more game strategic thinking.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

SwamyG I find it ridiculous that when the target of the MSM should be SG and MMS when they have successfully managed to run down our economy it instead is Advani for his supposed anti Modi stance. How come suddenly the internal affairs of BJP has got so much prominence in MSM that each and every speech of Advani is dissected to death and projected as being anti Modi ??? How come Advani is the man now to be hated by all the MSM and that to in perfect sync ??? This raises my suspicion that what MSM is projecting is not the truth and a larger game plan is at play. It's nothing unusual to see Advani comparing Modi with different leaders within BJP. Modi is the star performer so it's obvious that comparisons will be drawn. As I said before Modi has to fight his way through the party and across the national stage before he dreams of becoming the PM. This is something he will have to do whether anybody likes it or not and he is already charting his way both within and outside the party as well. While projecting Modi as the BJP's candidate it also has to be kept in mind that everybody in the party should be solidly behind him and that cannot happen with a "Modi or bust" type of thinking. It shouldn't be forgotten that BJP gave the chance to Modi otherwise we wouldn't have even been talking about him right now. Modi is right now the party favourite but still you contention that BJP is standing in his way doesn't make much sense when we see what's happening on the ground.

It's nice to lecture about democracy but lets not overdo it. If intra party elections were to happen for selecting the PM candidate to be projected then shall the leader spend his time in garnering support of the party cadre or his time would be better used garnering support of the public ??? Without any kind of intra party elections it's no secret that Modi is party cadre favourite, now how did that happen ??? Trust natural selection instead of going overboard with democracy. Leaders within BJP have there voice that's democracy enough for me. Now in the name of democracy you want each dom dick and harry to have a voice is not something I like since we would have to then listen to a lot of chutiyaas as well. Some decisions are better left to party leaders.

At the end you do an == between BJP and INC now if you sincerely believe in that then we are wasting each others time. If both are equal only then it won't make a difference as to who comes to power because if Modi becomes PM then he would be leading BJP only and since BJP == INC then what the hell........
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

The Bypolls today in India could also have some influence over the choice and timing of PM candidate for BJP.

If BJP wins the two Loksabha seats in Gujarat as well as the 4 assembly seats there, then Modi would get more wind into his sails. If JD(U) wins Maharajganj Loksabha seat in Bihar, snatching it away from Lalu, then that would bolster Nitish Kumar, and thus his demands for a non-Modi NDA PM candidate.

It would affect the BJP mood going into their meeting of the National Executive in Goa on June 7-9.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Sushupti wrote:@ramki_xlri: U can call Sonia by any name.But,she never compared her 2CMs. Her victory is not because of her strength,but coz BjP leadership is weak.
This is a dumbass statement of the highest order. First of all what CM's does con have to compare ??? That would be an effing miracle if SG/RG come up with names of any leaders other than them. If that happens then con would be in an identity crisis situation.

The second part is more funny, con won not because people voted them to power but because BJP is weak !!!! Ulta chor kotwal ko daate :rotfl:
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

@rvaidya2000: Our challenges r no less than that faced by Churchill and we must hve a Churchill and not Atlee since some r worried wht will happen to them
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Jun 02, 2013
By Aakar Patel
An autocrat at work
What is happening under Modi in Gujarat is that this consultation has ended. Modi decides something and instructs the bureaucracy to implement it. Was this unique to Gujarat, I asked the officers. In reply they said that such things happened in many states. However, in no state was the higher bureaucracy as totally disregarded as in Gujarat, they said.

What had made this possible, I asked. It was easy for any chief minister to be autocratic, they said, because decision-making and implementation were segregated so clearly. But only Modi has chosen to do this to the full extent. So what did the bureaucrats think of this? Some of them thought that this disregard for their view was something they had to live with. They were not happy at their views being dismissed, but they would carry on.

Some of them had sided with Modi, and profited in the way that IAS officers close to elected officials do. This seemed to me to be just a minor change in the functioning of the government. Were there any new systems that Modi had brought in? No, there were no new systems that had been put in place, I was told.

What had been the result of this? The officers were unanimous in saying that it had resulted in one-man rule. It is true that the files move faster in Gujarat than they do elsewhere because of the lack of consultation. But the dangers associated with dismissing opposing views remain.
Interesting point even if by a confused guy!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Rudradev wrote:Can someone please post a transcript of LKA's *exact* words in the speech where he allegedly praised Chauhan and referred to Modi? I have a strong feeling that we are arguing over MSM phantoms and nothing else here.
Rudradev ji here I have put verbatim hindi statement as advani speaks from 0:31 onwards in this video:

0:32 onwards advani says:
"Narendra Bhai Modi ko main kehta hoon, ke Gujarat to pehle bhi swasth tha, usko aapne utkrisht banaa diya hai iske liya aapka abhinandan! -cough- Lekin Madhya Pradesh aur chhatisgarh bimaru pradesh the, unko swasth banaana, aur swasth hi nahin aisi sthiti laanaa ki man mein ichha ho ki bhaarat mein hi number one naa banein balki vishwa mein bhi number one ho........"
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

RajeshA wrote:Published on Jun 02, 2013
By Aakar Patel
An autocrat at work
What is happening under Modi in Gujarat is that this consultation has ended. Modi decides something and instructs the bureaucracy to implement it. Was this unique to Gujarat, I asked the officers. In reply they said that such things happened in many states. However, in no state was the higher bureaucracy as totally disregarded as in Gujarat, they said.

What had made this possible, I asked. It was easy for any chief minister to be autocratic, they said, because decision-making and implementation were segregated so clearly. But only Modi has chosen to do this to the full extent. So what did the bureaucrats think of this? Some of them thought that this disregard for their view was something they had to live with. They were not happy at their views being dismissed, but they would carry on.

Some of them had sided with Modi, and profited in the way that IAS officers close to elected officials do. This seemed to me to be just a minor change in the functioning of the government. Were there any new systems that Modi had brought in? No, there were no new systems that had been put in place, I was told.

What had been the result of this? The officers were unanimous in saying that it had resulted in one-man rule. It is true that the files move faster in Gujarat than they do elsewhere because of the lack of consultation. But the dangers associated with dismissing opposing views remain.
Interesting point even if by a confused guy!
The same is true of how the Presidential system works -- it is also a one-man rule, the buck stops with the President for everything and he appoints his own advisers from among his buddies and pals. It is like how the kings used to operate -- the only difference is that the king in this case is elected. This is how it should be if the CM is to provide effective and strong governance.

"Consultation" is just an excuse for entry of vested interests in decision making. This is just a trick to share authority with none of the responsibility. If blame for everything has to be laid on the CM's door, it makes sense that he should also hold total authority.

Democracy needs to be restricted to electing the top ruler -- it doesn't mean that once elected, the ruler has the obligation to practice democracy in every decision he takes and keep inviting opposite view points to everything he does. Modi is doing the right thing -- this "consultation" business is a formula for chaos, delays and bad governance where no decisions would get taken.

Left to drawing-room debaters like Aakar Patel, Modi would be forced to invite opposite view points and consult with everybody each time he has to go to pee. How does the colour of the cat matter if it catches mice? How does the governing style matter if the leader is consistently delivering good governance for the larger prosperity and security of the people?

The fad of democracy can be carried too far to an unreasonable extent. Democracy has to be restricted to electing the ruler of your choice, but once he has got elected, he should have absolute authority within the framework of the constitution. This is also the system that the US follows and I believe it is ideal for India.
Last edited by member_23629 on 02 Jun 2013 14:32, edited 6 times in total.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

^^ Would have been a nice counter point if there were any examples of a few wrong unilateral decisions taken by Mr. Modi.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Rejoice... UPA has suddenly woken up and will do 4 yrs worth of governance in the 1 remaning year... DOn't believe me, here's the proof - yet another cabaret cabinet rejig!

UPA govt likely to rejig Cabinet between June 6-12

Any guesses when exactly this will be? Timed to coincide with the bjp's nat'l exec meet in Goa perhaps, eh?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Jun 02, 2013
By Radhika Ramaseshan
LK stirs pot, roots for ‘Atal-like’ Shivraj: The Telegraph
Advani’s praise for Chauhan, however, did not go down well even in the Madhya Pradesh BJP. Senior state leaders rejected the comparison between Chauhan and Modi, much less between Chauhan and Vajpayee, and said it was time the leadership issue was resolved.

Sources said the issue could figure at a meeting of office-bearers scheduled for June 7 before the BJP’s national executive committee convenes a two-day session in Panaji.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

RajeshA wrote:Published on Jun 02, 2013
By Radhika Ramaseshan
LK stirs pot, roots for ‘Atal-like’ Shivraj: The Telegraph
This article is an extremely good example of manipulation of words to suite an agenda.