Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

darshhan
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by darshhan »

Atleast 4 persons I know are planning to go on Unpaid leaves starting January to work for Namo campaign. They will be taking 4-5 months pay hit. But that is not detering them.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

There will cooking of evidence and it will be shown that evil bjp people did bombing. Some Bjp leaders may even arrested. NIA has already started it's work.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

"Patna blast live: Unexploded bomb found below dais from where Modi spoke

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/patna-bl ... ef_article"
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

For all his bravado on how people might kill him, if this had happened in Pappu's rally I'm sure he would have wet his pants.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

VikramS wrote:"Patna blast live: Unexploded bomb found below dais from where Modi spoke

Improbable. Can't believe NM's security is so weak that they wouldn't check even the dias.

BTW check doggi's tweet from above link :evil: .
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

If this is not a wave...I don't know what is. And remarkable for both NM and the crowd for not descending to chaos from the disruptions planned to engineer just that.

Any text of the speech? Preferably in invader language. Thanks.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Narayana Rao wrote:There will cooking of evidence and it will be shown that evil bjp people did bombing. Some Bjp leaders may even arrested. NIA has already started it's work.
Well that's a given. Nitish people even linked the school meals to bjp. That's how desperate they are.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

kapilrdave wrote:
VikramS wrote:"Patna blast live: Unexploded bomb found below dais from where Modi spoke

Improbable. Can't believe NM's security is so weak that they wouldn't check even the dias.

BTW check doggi's tweet from above link :evil: .
Even if the bomb is found 300 mts from dais, media will report it as found below dais.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

All credit to NaMo and BJP/NDA team who won hearts and minds in face of provocation and crude blasts.

It is very serious matter if political rallies are now targeted. It is time for politicians of all states and government & state machinery to reevaluate where was that going, its significance and at least which direction should it not take.

[OT here.
Violence in political rallies point to hardening of con race resolve perhaps. Hopefully enemies should not make most of this. In 1947 there were quick partitions and riots followed quickly by pakig people to snatch control of major farmlands and strategic areas. The local admin and defense forces should master ways of Sardaar Patel well and learn to show middle finger to trouble makers.
OT over.]
Last edited by vishvak on 27 Oct 2013 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

^^ the signs were clear eversince they butchered ramdev agitation. In no was it was democratic. Yet no one opposed. We have no alternative but to wait for 200 days more. Hopefully today's incident will make NM more commited to root out scums from the country permently.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Another blast 5 minutes back - https://twitter.com/rahulkanwal/status/ ... 8026180608

update - Reporter on the ground says this was a controlled explosion by bomb diffusal squad. Cops claiming a link to Gaya blast perpetrators - https://twitter.com/rahulkanwal/status/ ... 3234506752
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

kmkraoind wrote:Y'day Cong's Janardhan Dwivedi warned NaMo of severe consequence like disruptions of his meetings for use of word #Shehzada, now bomb blasts. Is it conincidence? I ask SC to institute an SIT to probe role of Janardhan Dwivedi and Ahmed Patel by scrutinizing their mobile call records and if possible subjecting them to Narcoanalysis to prove money & anti-Modi nexus and plans.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for that joke, had a good laugh and your "innocence" of how things work in india. Incase you need reminding, "ALL YOUR INSTITUTION ARE BELONG TO US" is the motto of THE PARTY
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Singha wrote:there is a moment in the MH where inspite of best efforts of krishna and other well wishers, duryodhana is adamant he wont even give 10 villages to the pandavas.

from that moment on you know all out conflict is inevitable.

and what is the sum of accounts - the kauravas left the field with a grand total of 3 major warriors left standing - ashwathama, acharya kripacharya and the yadava chieftain kritavarma.
Seriously, it does appear at times that we are at that moment in our times. All those who attend these rallies I hope they exercise their vote and do the correct thing.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

harbans wrote:A great article by Surjit Bhalla on Gujarat and Modi developmental model.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/co ... /1187235/0

Yet what worries me is when i see the number of shares on it..just 12. People still seem to be willing to ride on rhetoric than cold facts nicely placed before them.
From the article:
The latest 2011/12 NSSO data radically changes the conclusions and interpretation of the nature of inclusive growth in Gujarat. The sharpest decline in poverty between 2009/10 and 2011/12 is observed for the Muslims, the very community against which a Gujarati-Modi bias is assumed and presumed. The poverty ratio for Muslims, which had not shown much change between 1999/00 and 2009/10, now collapses to only a 11.4% level from the high 37.6% level observed just two years earlier. At this level, the Muslim poverty rate is marginally below the 12.4% poverty rate of the non-disadvantaged group consisting of OBCs and upper-caste Hindus.
What happened between 2009 and 2011 to drop the Muslim poverty ratio from 37.6% to 11.4%? No clue is offered.
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

A very important point NaMo made was about how Vihar is known as birthplace of Sitaamaiya, and Vihar place of importance for Buddhist and Jain and Seekh philosophies as well as Ashoka/Maurya times. Also expressed all this very well - jab Budhdha ki jarurat thi tab Budhdha diye, jab Mahaaveer ki jaroorat thi tab Mahaaveer diye, aur seekh ke dasave guru Sant Gobind Singh bhi Bihar se hi he or something similar.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Am I being paranoid? Or has the battle for India been well and truly joined and only Indians are unaware of it?

http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=815114

I hear echoes of a pre-emptive Indian variant of Operation Searchlight...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Searchlight

And a simultaneous blast from the heart of Empire:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/27/opini ... .html?_r=1&
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

harbans wrote:Despite the Modinama series..i still get the impression that Madhu is somewhat a Jholawala kinds.
Once a jholwala always a jholwala. A very close friend who is a jholwala says it as it is- bite the bullet to become a jholwala or take a bullet for not biting the bullet. This guy is otherwise quite normal.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

SaiK wrote:vivek.rao, she is sending mixed messages in the tweet that atri replies here.

forget about ashwamedh, what sacrifice is she talking?.. who is playing the game to use the horse named modi?
SaiK, it was clear to me what what she meant was that Modi's popularity will be used by the BJP to gain enough seats, and when it is time to do the horse-trading of buiding an NDA, Modi will be "untouchable" for coalition partners, and he will be made to step aside by "elders" of BJP / Sangh whatever, for the greater good. Quite clearly, Modi has lots of enemies in the business-as-usual crowd which includes much of the BJP / NDA.

I consider this an astute political observation from a woman of impeccable integrity and patriotism, having vastly more experience than practically anyone here who is sitting in judgment over her.

I am very impressed by Modi, but Modi is not greater than India (as I am sure Modi himself will be the first to tell anyone). I am disturbed by the way some people are turning this prospective revolution into a personality cult, complete with litmus tests.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

vivek.rao wrote:
SaiK wrote:sad to note that madhu kishwar is a fellow with little shallow knowledge on itihas, that too being a dir at religious and cultural studies for indic civilization.

just slam her back on twitter!
SaiKji

Madhuji's outlookindia article about PAIDMEDIA and their 24x7 Civic society plan to bash Modi opened up my eyes.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?283393
The Kettle Hits Back

I made at least 50 people read this. It opened up eyes of at least 20+ people who and whose families have become NaMo fan club. My sister in B'lore who never voted for BJP is driving voter registration. Her goal 1000 voters sympathetic to Modi.

Madhu is little anxious and jumps the gun but I believe she is a NaMo convert.
Madhu Kishwar is not anybody's convert, she is the original dyed-in-the-wool patriot, steadfast and dedicated all her life, and was toiling away decades before anyone had heard of Modi.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

She remains a jholawallah though creating a yarn where bad bad VHP and RSS are kept at bay by Modi.

Never mind he himself needs those 2 orgs to even matter. As if Modi would have even become what he is, without the constant backing and support of the RSS throughout.

But once a leftist, always a leftist, and hence any organization of the Hindu right, unapologetic about its existence is automatically "divisive", "lumpen" etc.
Modi’s biggest contribution is the marginalisation of VHP and the RSS and their divisive agendas. He consistently addresses six crore Gujaratis, this includes all minorities. In fact, in this election VHP lumpen and RSS have provided foot soldiers for Congress candidates. The open alliance of VHP, RSS with the Congress party against Modi itself testifies that Modi has risen above divisive agendas and come to occupy centre stage. It is for “secularists” to say what implications it has for the Congress party.
Basically she has created her own vision of Modi, same as many others.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

One thing worries me about the blasts. Have the powers that be decided to kill off Modi, and risk an electoral debacle, rather than have Modi come to power and destroy them all root and branch?

Let us for a moment imagine what may happen. There will be massive sympathy for BJP and Congress and its allies will be wiped out for the coming election. BJP may even gain 272+ seats on its own. But the real advantage for the Congress would be that their system would be intact. Modi's successor in the BJP, whoever it be, after seeing Modi's example, will not have the courage to go after the Con system. So - the system will be safe, and they can try to return to power in 5 years (maybe even less if the BJP does not get 272+ seats and is dependent on others for its survival). But if Modi comes to power, there is the danger that he will make all of India like Gujarat - impossible for the Congress to return to power. And this means that the entire establishment is going to lose big if Modi comes to power. So - has the establishment decided to take a risk and try to kill off Modi before the elections 2014? Something like the army did in Pakistan to Bhutto (the army stood to lose much if she returned, and they simply removed her from the board)? They can survive a BJP government at the centre (like they did during ABV's time), but they may not survive a Modi.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Tugging at Yadav heart strings, the Gujarat strongman thundered, “I say (to you), Yaduvansh raja Krishna lived in Dwarka, we have rishta (kinship); we have love for you (Yadavas). In both Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, we will worry about the Krishna-vansh”…
Top class but mass lever reachable statement.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

KLNM, that still does not make sense, in the sense, he has been already made the PM candidate. If BJP gets majority, and the likely contenders are already disassociating themselves with Modi, then where is the issue?

Jayalalitha would have no nerve to approach having lost an oppty already in TN.

Nitish, now we know with the bomb under the dias.

who are all the people you are thinking here?

---

BTW, do we have numbers to match Jayprakash Naryan's crowd vs Modi's?
Last edited by SaiK on 27 Oct 2013 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

kapilrdave wrote:This blast is to manufacture a stampade like MP. Also this is to instill fear into public from attending his rallies. Man, there is no depth this regime can sink to. The present time is no less than an emergency. They are hell bent to turn this cold revolution into a violent one.
Dogvijay was jumping up and down with excitement when first bomb exploded in railway station. This is definitely CONGi game plan. Rallies going forward will not succeed. Now the focus is not about content just bomb blasts. They don't want the word Shehazada to be stuck to PAPPU
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

btw, I express my wish, that the first day PM office bearing NM should work towards a bill to remove quota system based on caste, and replace it with a quota system based on economic status... the bill should address a 2 year tenure of help, and measure the progress made by people leveraging such benefits.. If corrupted people, fake data, and do not show progress, cancel the economic assistance.

And nothing should actually cross 2 years to review, including his own PM post.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

panduranghari wrote:
harbans wrote:Despite the Modinama series..i still get the impression that Madhu is somewhat a Jholawala kinds.
Once a jholwala always a jholwala. A very close friend who is a jholwala says it as it is- bite the bullet to become a jholwala or take a bullet for not biting the bullet. This guy is otherwise quite normal.
Madhu Kishwar, unlike the jholawala parasites, never took a paisa from government funds.

It is not my job to make you see Madhu Kishwar in a positive light, but to me, she remains the gold standard of what a patriot is. It is Modi's sukRtam that he is getting a boost from her.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

We should see what Madhu Kishwar said in a positive light. Some folks will have very detailed knowledge and some folks have just the contextual knowledge. Trying to decipher too much into what she said in unwarranted. What she said has some credibility. If BJP does not cross 180 on its own, there will be noises of alternative PM. The entire establishment is against him because he is seen as a game changer.

But Modi's team is smart and I bet he will be PM even if BJP gets 165+
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Was this a warning to NaMo? Today Modi was more secular than ever before, I think he should do this repeatedly so as to prevent polarisation of mulsim votes behidn one of his rivals.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

deleted
Last edited by Sushupti on 27 Oct 2013 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

SaiK wrote:KLNM, that still does not make sense, in the sense, he has been already made the PM candidate. If BJP gets majority, and the likely contenders are already disassociating themselves with Modi, then where is the issue?

Jayalalitha would have no nerve to approach having lost an oppty already in TN.

Nitish, now we know with the bomb under the dias.

who are all the people you are thinking here?

---

BTW, do we have numbers to match Jayprakash Naryan's crowd vs Modi's?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

SaiK wrote:btw, I express my wish, that the first day PM office bearing NM should work towards a bill to remove quota system based on caste, and replace it with a quota system based on economic status... the bill should address a 2 year tenure of help, and measure the progress made by people leveraging such benefits.. If corrupted people, fake data, and do not show progress, cancel the economic assistance.
Agree
And nothing should actually cross 2 years to review, including his own PM post.
Disagree. We need him in power for at least 8 years, and no interruptions in between.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

IMO Indians have reached a point they haven't since independence and a line is being drawn in the ground. On one side they feel they have nothing to lose and everything to gain while on the other side they have everything to lose. The line is secular with hindus muslims on both sides and even runs through the police and forces. If anything happens to Modi, a day of reckoning may arrive. IOW the filth in India will be cleared, Modi or no Modi. Thanks to him of course. I don't believe that everyone will turn into sheep and go back to regular programming as some suggest.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

https://twitter.com/DhanushKool/status/ ... 4829533185
One more Blast in Patna... Loudest so far... More imp.: Arrested accused mobile contains d number of a Prominent Congi. leader...
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

RT that as much as possible
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

suryag wrote:Was this a warning to NaMo? Today Modi was more secular than ever before, I think he should do this repeatedly so as to prevent polarisation of mulsim votes behidn one of his rivals.
Big NO. He should only make measured statements. So far he is doing good. He made the Haj remark to tell the corruption in that. Even in the quota of appeasement there is corruption is the point he presented.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

KLNMurthy wrote:
panduranghari wrote: quote="harbans" Despite the Modinama series..i still get the impression that Madhu is somewhat a Jholawala kinds./quote

Madhu Kishwar, unlike the jholawala parasites, never took a paisa from government funds.

It is not my job to make you see Madhu Kishwar in a positive light, but to me, she remains the gold standard of what a patriot is. It is Modi's sukRtam that he is getting a boost from her.
+1
Intent is most important - in this case there is no malicious aspect in MK's part.
So people should do the right thing and not harp on the side issue of her poor choice of metaphor with ashwamedh (and her poor understanding of the philosophical aspects of yagna itself).
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

some may not be aware, but apart from Buddha, Bihar is also the birthplace of Mahavira nearly 500 years before him. he was also a prince named Vardhamana of a kingdom in vaishali area before becoming ascetic after the death of his parents. Bimbisara of magadha later accepted his teachings.