Background articles on HAL Tejas (LCA)
Excellent overview of Tejas, from the developer itself.
1. Wikipedia entry on Tejas
2. Remembrance of Aeronautical Matters Past (Brief history of India's Aerospace Industry)
3. All the articles at BR page on LCA.
4. ACIG Exclusives on Tejas
5. Good background on project, a bit dated.
6. Harry's Radiance of the Tejas article
7. Approach to High Angle of Attack Testing of Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas
8. Aircraft Performance Improvements-A Practical Approach
9. ADA overview on LCA, including interviews of test pilots, a peak inside the R&D labs and rare footage.
10. Air Commodore KA Muthana, Indian Air Force [IAF], Technology Director [Flight Test], speaking at the Aero India 2013 Airshow Seminar. Critical Lessons Learnt From The Design And Development Of India's Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas.
11. Capt. Maolankar India's Naval Light Combat Aircraft [LCA-Navy] - unique features & flight testing.
Newbies beware ! If you make ignorant remarks, you could be grilled by gurus
to test your LCA knowledge from these pages !
And, if you come out deficient..............(you would do better not to find out !)
Please stay on topic.
That means :
a> No comparison with aircraft A,B or C.
b> No half-baked suggestions to improve LCA like "add a laser gun"/"merge DRDO with ISRO " etc etc.
c> NO whining.
Since the last LCA thread was locked after crossing the 109 page mark, created a new thread for it.
Wanted to thank PratikDas for that FaceBook page link that has pics of NP-1 that are not around anywhere else.
Strange as to why the official Tejas website has no updates on NP-1, no pics, no videos, no mention of the first flight at all !
jahaju wrote:LCA-Tejas has completed 2349 Test Flights Successfully. (18-Oct-2013).
LCA-Tejas has completed 2332 Test Flights Successfully. (28-Sep-2013).