Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Vayutuvan »

Arjun wrote:You could say that I have a fairly low opinion about the bulk of the Indian populace and an convinced that rational argument will not get through to them.
Wah saar wah. What a gem! Wish you all the best.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Karan M wrote:
SwamyG wrote:How is any one going to answer Kejriwal when he accuses BJP and Congress of getting foreign money?
donations from state affiliated agencies should be a strict no.
Karan M ji that is a crucial suggestion. But please include foreign citizens in this also and specifically exclude Non resident citizens of India.

SaiK ji, on the basic uncertainity that you raised - Answer is one realistically cannot answer AK-47 back when he draws an = =. that is why unless one as a good case with evidence et al, one keeps quite and schemes to bring the opponent down at an opportune moment. A moment when even Al Capone can be brought down in an Income Tax case without him ever getting caught in other more serious crimes. This is basic uncertainty in the system which AK47 has misused by drawing a false = =. People who realised this decided to run intel ops. For example, we all suspect something in the Mahendra Karma case but we keep quite because we do not have evidence. But then again, we do have intelligence (institutionalised and individual), right?

As they say when the evidence is not there, use your intellect and then moving on, there is a fairness in the world, in that, what goes around comes around.

Bji once mentioned that NaMo's kundli has a Bichitra Phal yog. Perhaps that of AK also has one. Only the Bichitra Phal in different in both cases.

Anyhow one point if you have missed an earlier post of mine (presuming I am not on your ignore list :D) is that AK keeps protecting both the ingress and utilization of these so called religious donations. What could be the intelligence angle involved? His own methods of accounting are such that no professional accountant will ever be ready to vouch for his honesty.

Pls excuse any hard words if there were any.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

matrimc wrote:
Arjun wrote:You could say that I have a fairly low opinion about the bulk of the Indian populace and an convinced that rational argument will not get through to them.
Wah saar wah. What a gem! Wish you all the best.
Well I do have a low opinion of leftists, and it is a fact that a significant section of India is left-leaning. As a 'mathematical' person - I am sure you can get to the obvious inference :wink:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Yes, I agree.

Ps: I agree with your assessment of my reaching an obvious conclusion.
I do not agree with you :(
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 10 Dec 2013 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

I think we must wait for congress to make a good fight with AAP. What happened in Delhi was that BJP's core remained intact but the anti congress vote (which was earlier congress vote) went overwhelmingly to AAP. Now if re elections happen, we should hope for Delhi congress to put up a good fight. In a three way contest, where BJP core remains behind the firewall, BJP will be natural beneficiary.

Time for BJP to play AAP as BJP team B.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

SwamyG wrote:Disha: So what is wrong in promoting the values you mention? Unless the money is misused, used to incite internal security threat/chaos, threat to pluralism or undermine the country, how are you going to challenge ? How is any one going to answer Kejriwal when he accuses BJP and Congress of getting foreign money?
Kejriwal is free to setup "Overseas friends of Kejriwal" to get his super-PAC going. And has to come free on his sources of funding. AAP has been very unclear on its own sources of funding.
Unless the money is misused
And if your questions are always going to be on rhetorical lines - feel free to ask., do not expect anymore responses from me. If you need talking points against AAP, feel free to do your own research and post it here.

I do not think there is any requirement for talking points against AAP. If a sane IIT'ian decides to support AAP without thinking through the consequences and just based on rhetoric, even Brahma cannot give him/her gyan.

And per latest news AAP is going to setup a mumbai chapter. Expect all the bollywood celebrities to join AAP in a big way. That is a problem for the sena, congi and NCP types. However, AAP is not into governance - they just talk about it - crystal clear in what they are doing in Delhi - wasting taxpayer's money for re-election. Shame on them and shame on their supporters.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Sri wrote:I think we must wait for congress to make a good fight with AAP. What happened in Delhi was that BJP's core remained intact but the anti congress vote (which was earlier congress vote) went overwhelmingly to AAP. Now if re elections happen, we should hope for Delhi congress to put up a good fight. In a three way contest, where BJP core remains behind the firewall, BJP will be natural beneficiary.

Sri-ji, a significant section of the vote that went to the AAP can be wooed by the BJP, with some strategic moves (a part of the middle class vote, anyway). But that is a secondary matter. In all honesty, the Congress is corrupt, venal and shameless, but they have not traded away Kashmir (yet). The AAP wants to do that. Their populism is infinitely more dangerous than Sonia's, and their leaders are ferocious anti-Hindus. Where economy and internal security are concerned, AAP is infinitely worse than the Congress, worse even than the Communists (even they did not contemplate handing over Kashmir to Pakistan). What the AAP is doing is doing is replicating the idiocy of the early Communist movements. They ended up destroying half of Europe with their madness (no, I am not referring to USSR and post WW2 Eastern Europe - I am referring to the early Communists in Germany, France, Hungary, Spain and Tsarist Russia). Letting them grow would be the height of folly. They need to be stopped and quickly. Playing AAP as the B-team of the BJP is not a wise idea. JMT.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Bhai log, what I have observed is that an assault tactic does not work with AAP walas. Criticism actually turns them further in and they start wallowing further in their damned low spirits. That would not be good. BJP supporters have a lot of choice. When the other side makes idiotic claims then they can easily be challenged with humility too.

In next few days this will sink in, into the conscience of every voter and also that of AAP leaders and their backers. Their success was unprecedented for everybody not just BJP. I mean AAP leadership is doing meetings upon meetings with most of its big leaders unelected in a quasi-vishkanya situation and the elected representatives of AAP are getting overboard in women molestation cases. If ever there was a tower of babel it is AAP. But this is meant only for you bhailog. The voter has a strong emotional investment in AAP and disrespect for that could be just plain wrong.

Best thing to do is attack the AAP leadership not the follower.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

ravi_g wrote:Bhai log, what I have observed is that an assault tactic does not work with AAP walas. Criticism actually turns them further in and they start wallowing further in their damned low spirits. That would not be good. BJP supporters have a lot of choice. When the other side makes idiotic claims then they can easily be challenged with humility too.

In next few days this will sink in, into the conscience of every voter and also that of AAP leaders and their backers. Their success was unprecedented for everybody not just BJP. I mean AAP leadership is doing meetings upon meetings with most of its big leaders unelected in a quasi-vishkanya situation and the elected representatives of AAP are getting overboard in women molestation cases. If ever there was a tower of babel it is AAP. But this is meant only for you bhailog. The voter has a strong emotional investment in AAP and disrespect for that could be just plain wrong.

Ravi-ji,
The best way to attack the AAP is to attack their manifesto. Challenge them to show the economics behind how they are going to mobilise the money needed for a 50% reduction in electricity bills, etc. Tell middle class people that the only way to do it is by taxing the middle class more (also from the AAP manifesto). Attack Prashanth Bhushan's Naxalite and Pakistani sympathies. Take Khujliwal to task over his statement that he does not care about who the CM will be (if this is not irresponsibility, I do not know what is). There is plenty of ammo for BJP.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nageshks wrote:
Sri wrote:I think we must wait for congress to make a good fight with AAP. What happened in Delhi was that BJP's core remained intact but the anti congress vote (which was earlier congress vote) went overwhelmingly to AAP. Now if re elections happen, we should hope for Delhi congress to put up a good fight. In a three way contest, where BJP core remains behind the firewall, BJP will be natural beneficiary.

Sri-ji, a significant section of the vote that went to the AAP can be wooed by the BJP, with some strategic moves (a part of the middle class vote, anyway). But that is a secondary matter. In all honesty, the Congress is corrupt, venal and shameless, but they have not traded away Kashmir (yet). The AAP wants to do that. Their populism is infinitely more dangerous than Sonia's, and their leaders are ferocious anti-Hindus. Where economy and internal security are concerned, AAP is infinitely worse than the Congress, worse even than the Communists (even they did not contemplate handing over Kashmir to Pakistan). What the AAP is doing is doing is replicating the idiocy of the early Communist movements. They ended up destroying half of Europe with their madness (no, I am not referring to USSR and post WW2 Eastern Europe - I am referring to the early Communists in Germany, France, Hungary, Spain and Tsarist Russia). Letting them grow would be the height of folly. They need to be stopped and quickly. Playing AAP as the B-team of the BJP is not a wise idea. JMT.

Something like the manchurian candidate??

Hence the magsaysay award and phoren money .........
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

nageshks wrote: Sri-ji, a significant section of the vote that went to the AAP can be wooed by the BJP, with some strategic moves (a part of the middle class vote, anyway). But that is a secondary matter. In all honesty, the Congress is corrupt, venal and shameless, but they have not traded away Kashmir (yet). The AAP wants to do that. Their populism is infinitely more dangerous than Sonia's, and their leaders are ferocious anti-Hindus. Where economy and internal security are concerned, AAP is infinitely worse than the Congress, worse even than the Communists (even they did not contemplate handing over Kashmir to Pakistan). What the AAP is doing is doing is replicating the idiocy of the early Communist movements. They ended up destroying half of Europe with their madness (no, I am not referring to USSR and post WW2 Eastern Europe - I am referring to the early Communists in Germany, France, Hungary, Spain and Tsarist Russia). Letting them grow would be the height of folly. They need to be stopped and quickly. Playing AAP as the B-team of the BJP is not a wise idea. JMT.
Nageshks Ji,

First, I disagree. that AAP will handover Kashmir just like that. Anyway Chief Minister of Delhi can do swat about it. So that doesn't bother me at all.

Second, I think AAP or anyone else like AAP has space in Indian political scene. It has already pushed atleast the BJP to field better cleaner people to the helm. May be congress will follow suite.

Third you misread my post. All I said was that a resurgent congress will bring back some of it's core back to fold. Even if that happens for 5% of electorate then AAP's number come down significantly. On the other hand if BJP successfully retains it's base they will win significantly.

I am no well wisher of AAP. But I would like to see corruption as a poll plank in India.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

X-post:
sum wrote:INC seems to have thrown in the towel already , if uber-sycophant MSA is to be believed:

It's good to lose
As a Congressman, I greatly welcome Sunday's electoral reverses. I also look forward to our probably occupying the opposition benches after the mid-2014 Lok Sabha elections.

The reason for this paradox is that for at least the last quarter of a century, my party has been in desperate need of a root and branch restructuring. Rahul Gandhi has promised a transformation of both the organisation and leadership of the party. He has spoken, at the moment of electoral defeat, of a "paradigm shift" from "traditional" approaches. He has proposed that the voice of the people be "embedded" in the structure and programme of the party. He has gone so far as to suggest that the 120-year-old Congress has much to learn from the 12-month-old Aam Aadmi Party. All this is in line with the agenda he set himself when he was elected vice president of the party at Jaipur, just under a year ago.
Ignore all the BS about Rahul baba getting chance to change INC etc but the 1st line caught my eye
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

BJP has gained massively in the swing seats of delhi and also has gained amongst core congress voters in Delhi. BJP should also treat with respect the Congress voters. The congress voters can always be told that look your central leadership perhaps tried some hanky panky by way of tactical voting in favour of AAP, in the last moments. Surge is reasonably possible only for BJP and Congress but BJP voters came in all through the day and all across the city which is visible in the results. This can easily be taken to mean that the Naisargik Prakriya (natural way) forward is that Congress should be replaced by BJP.

I am almost salivating now amongst like minded people. I was seriously sad when initially the verdict came in but this adversity can easily be turned into a new opportunity. Tell the whole nation that if it cannot make up its mind in favour of a Congress Mukt Bharat then they better not blame BJP afterwards. Not allowing a Delhi like situation is the responsibility of the voter. Voter should be rooting for anti-corruption measures but only in a systematic manner. That would enable the following government to focus its energies in anti-corruption measures.

BJP must however make sure that they do not get seen as the party that brought in a constitutional difficulty. This message will be propaganded by MSM and that is something that we must counter. The rest will slowly with reasonable measures begin to fall in place as people analyse the situation.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

would this be the reason why all these years MMS was maun?
Congress calls meeting to fix responsibility of losses on anyone but Rahul Gandhi
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

ravi_g wrote:BJP has gained massively in the swing seats of delhi and also has gained amongst core congress voters in Delhi.
Err.. BJP lost 2% of vote share. Now simple calculation then shows that BJP lost some of it's core to AAP and then the loss was offset by core congress votes by some extent.

Is that your inference?
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Sri wrote:
ravi_g wrote:BJP has gained massively in the swing seats of delhi and also has gained amongst core congress voters in Delhi.
Err.. BJP lost 2% of vote share. Now simple calculation then shows that BJP lost some of it's core to AAP and then the loss was offset by core congress votes by some extent.

Is that your inference?
That inference is correct. The BJP lost in its strongholds like Trilokpuri, Rohini, Greater Kailash, and Model Town (all held by BJP bigwigs).
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

nageshks wrote: That inference is correct. The BJP lost in its strongholds like Trilokpuri, Rohini, Greater Kailash, and Model Town (all held by BJP bigwigs)
.[/quote]

Loosing the seat is not important. Was their a significant drop in voting percentage in these seats?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Trilokpuri[x]AAP has won by 17685 votes.

Greater Kailash[x]AAP has won by 13092 votes.

Model Town[x]AAP has won by 7875 votes.

Rohini[x]AAP has won by 1872 votes.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Sri wrote:
nageshks wrote: That inference is correct. The BJP lost in its strongholds like Trilokpuri, Rohini, Greater Kailash, and Model Town (all held by BJP bigwigs)
Loosing the seat is not important. Was their a significant drop in voting percentage in these seats?
Hard to do a direct comparison, considering that all these seats had far lower voting percentages. But in terms of vote percentages, there is a definite drop

Constituency 2008/2013
Rohini 62.86/41.82
Model Town 43.36/31.55
Greater Kailash 52.94/31.98
Trilokpuri 37.28/23.36
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

nageshks wrote:
Hard to do a direct comparison, considering that all these seats had far lower voting percentages. But in terms of vote percentages, there is a definite drop

Constituency 2008/2013
Rohini 62.86/41.82
Model Town 43.36/31.55
Greater Kailash 52.94/31.98
Trilokpuri 37.28/23.36
Sir may I trouble you to look at absolute votes for BJP in 2008 and 2013. That will clear the picture.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Sri wrote: Sir may I trouble you to look at absolute votes for BJP in 2008 and 2013. That will clear the picture.
That is a bit of a dangerous argument, because you never know what way the non-voters would vote. But, an absolute vote loss in a higher percentage voting election decisively proves the loss of some voters. Anyway, here are the votes.

Constituency 2008/2013
Greater Kailash - 42206/30005
Model Town - 36938/30617
Rohini - 55765/46018
Trilokpuri - 30772/26397
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sri wrote:

Is that your inference?
BJP did lose but apparently what happened is (deduced from the spectrum band shown by 'Times Now - CVoter' actual data) was that there was a lot of churning. AAP actually dented some strong BJP seats also hence it must be challenged. But against Congress it was a free for all. What were initially classified as the swing voter by 'Times Now - CVoter' has actually voted the most for BJP. Their spectrum presentation was very good at showing how the rout unfolded.

Over all the situation partywise is:

17 seats - Went from Congress to AAP
16 seats - Went from Congress to BJP+
2 seats - Went from BSP to BJP
11 seats - Went from BJP to AAP
1 seat - Went from BJP to Ind
1 seat - Went from RJD to Congress
1 seat - Went from LJS to JDU
1 seat - Went from BJP to Ind
1 seat - Went from Ind to BJP

Total seats that changed hands = 51 out of 70

7 seats - remained with Congress
12 seats - remained with BJP

Total seats that remained in old hands = 19 out of 70

This implies that the churn can be utilized but this churn is both an opportunity and a threat.

Seats that BJP lost:
Burari
Mundka
Rohini
Shalimar Bagh
Shakur Basti
Karol Bagh (SC)
Hari Nagar
Tilak Nagar
Delhi Cantt
Sangam Vihar
Greater Kailash
Trilokpuri (SC)
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Kumar Biswas seems to be taking AJaitley to the cleaners...

"Arun Jaitley should know that drawing room politics and rajya sabha politics spread anarchy and not street politics-Kumar Vishvaas,AAP"

"If Jaitley is so concerned about anarchy spreading then he should fight atleast one election and come in Lok Sabha-Kumar Vishvaas,AAP"
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Continuing:

My argument is that that Congress voter would like to swing towards BJP instead of going to AAP. Congress guys will never put up with a AAP hustler and the 17 seats are their for the taking if the strategy is played out well. While at the same time the BJP voter that was fooled by AAP can still be reasoned with (11 seats). That makes 28 seats where BJP has a greater chance then AAP. AAP OTOH has exhausted its vote bank of frustration. The consolidation phase must be allowed to set in. Let people see AAP burn out.

Even otherwise the BJP is almost twice as successful (apparently) in retaining seats. Bear in mind BJP fought on only 66 seats.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Shakeel Ahmed , Spokesman for Congis, says they are ready to give unconditional support if AAP forms govt in Delhi and they are ascertaining the opinion of elected MLAs of Congis.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

I guess the seats lost by the BJP are bigwigs who could not deliver(but could not be denied the tikit either). Now, they can be denied. Its good news for BJP because it can clean its stable before Lok Sabha.
manish singh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manish singh »

ramana wrote:
manish singh wrote:I am disappointed that BJP is not forming govt in Delhi. While AAP's performance was outstanding, it is BJP that has been given the mandate by the people. Really hope that all this self perceived chanakianness does not backfire on BJP.

India is looking for leadership in these dire times. Give them that. Even if the BJP govt is brought down later, it will only benefit BJP. Now is the time to declare emphatically that only BJP can provide leadership.

JMTC.

Did you see the results?
Where is the mandate to form the govt when they don't have the numbers?

The people in their wisdom did not give the mandate to BJP.

The mandate was against Congress and not for any other party to form the govt.
Apologies. I should have phrased it better. While it is not a clear mandate for BJP in Delhi, however it is the closest compared to rest of the parties.

As of now, BJP appears to be running away from its responsibility of attempting to form the government being the single largest party. Yes, AAP too appears to be running. However, if BJP is serious about projecting itself as a party with a difference, it needs to demonstrate leadership. That is the one thing people of India are looking for right now: LEADERSHIP.

PS: Vajpayee attempted to form government in 1996 even though he did not have simple majority.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chaanakya wrote:Shakeel Ahmed , Spokesman for Congis, says they are ready to give unconditional support if AAP forms govt in Delhi and they are ascertaining the opinion of elected MLAs of Congis.

Nicely done. The kiss of death and announced by the right congi spokesman with appealing credentials onlee.

and if the poisoned bait is taken, then it will keep the AAP big wigs out of everyone's hair for the 2014 loksabha elections and also expose them big time right before the elections
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

NikhilB
BRFite

Post by NikhilB »

nageshks wrote:
ravi_g wrote:Bhai log, what I have observed is that an assault tactic does not work with AAP walas.
Ravi-ji,
The best way to attack the AAP is to attack their manifesto. .
So far, AAP was making all noise about "universal truths" like do not do corruption, be honest etc. Nice. We want these people in politics.

I think BJP strategy to deal with AAP should be - to let them take a stand on some critical issues. BJP should enforce AAP to take stand either way on these issues and then highlight the differences vis-a-vis BJP and also expose the hypocrisy of their leaders or previous behaviors.

Some issues could be:
- article 370
- Batlawala encounter (earlier AK had said it as fake encounter)
- Rajasthan dev model from Sonia v/s Gujrat dev model by Modi
- Maoists & Naxalism
- Bangladesh immigrants
- Kashmir problem
- uniform civil code

Let them take a stand, and have TV debate (because of AAP supporters are TV watchers) for one issue in one full week !
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

manish singh wrote: As of now, BJP appears to be running away from its responsibility of attempting to form the government being the single largest party. Yes, AAP too appears to be running. However, if BJP is serious about projecting itself as a party with a difference, it needs to demonstrate leadership. That is the one thing people of India are looking for right now: LEADERSHIP.

PS: Vajpayee attempted to form government in 1996 even though he did not have simple majority.
Let me samajh this.
BJP has 30, and including two "others" (one of them is BSP, whose support is not guaranteed) they can be 32. You need 36 to form a govt.
AAP has said they will neither take nor provide support.
Only other party is CongI.
What do you suggest they do? ask for CongI for support? can you imagine BJP and CongI in a coalition?
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

VikramS wrote:Kumar Biswas seems to be taking AJaitley to the cleaners...

"Arun Jaitley should know that drawing room politics and rajya sabha politics spread anarchy and not street politics-Kumar Vishvaas,AAP"

"If Jaitley is so concerned about anarchy spreading then he should fight atleast one election and come in Lok Sabha-Kumar Vishvaas,AAP"
IMHO he is only getting personal as he does not have the right answers about the points which AJ has raised - the torn shirt v/s open fly argument. These jokers will soon reveal themselves and it is good for the nation!
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Excellent. AJ should nonchalantly continue his attacks and taunts on sAAP. Seems to be working alrite..:)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Criminal case recommended against Teesta Seetalvad for misusing foreign funds

Crime Branch of Ahmedabad police has recommended to file criminal case against activist Teesta Setalvad under section 406 and 420 for misusing of foreign fund received to build museum in Gulburg society and cheating the residents of the society.

The report has been submitted to the Gujarat State Government which will now be forwarded to the Central Government for further action as Foreign Contribution Regulation Act(FCRA) is under Centre’s purview.

Members of the Gulburg Society in Ahmedabad had earlier filed a legal notice against Teesta Setalvad for embezzling funds meant for the victims of the 2002 riots in Godhra.

Setalvad’s NGO, Citizens for Jutice and Peace has been collecting donations for the ‘welfare’ of the residents of the society which suffered attacks by violent mobs during the riots in 2002.

The notice, signed by twelve Gulburg residents, says that RTI queries have revealed that Setalvad collected huge donations from national and international organisations in the name of providing financial assistance for reconstruction of houses or developing the society into a museum. But despite collecting foreign donation of Rs 63 lakh in the account of CJP and Rs 88 lakh in the account of Sabrang Trust, nothing has been passed on to the members of society.”

The residents had also sent an application to the Police Commissioner, requesting him to ban CJP from organising an annual event on February 28 in memory of the riot victims.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

ravi_g wrote:Continuing:

My argument is that that Congress voter would like to swing towards BJP instead of going to AAP. Congress guys will never put up with a AAP hustler and the 17 seats are their for the taking if the strategy is played out well. While at the same time the BJP voter that was fooled by AAP can still be reasoned with (11 seats). That makes 28 seats where BJP has a greater chance then AAP. AAP OTOH has exhausted its vote bank of frustration. The consolidation phase must be allowed to set in. Let people see AAP burn out.

Even otherwise the BJP is almost twice as successful (apparently) in retaining seats. Bear in mind BJP fought on only 66 seats.
ravi_g / nagesh Ji... thanks for the numbers.

For me worrying part is that BJP core voter did vote for AAP in decent numbers (Since this voter has now voted for non BJP party, this voter is no more BJP core voter any more). So BJP core has shrunk considerably and good portion is now floating voter.
So Nitish Kumar was correct in analysis (though extrapolation could be a bit too much). :People will prefer a 3rd non congress alternative over BJP."

Since there was NO 3rd alternative in RJ / MP / CG votes consolidated for BJP. If there was No AAP, BJP would have got 60 seats in Delhi.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

Since there was NO 3rd alternative in RJ / MP / CG votes consolidated for BJP.
I don't get this.. It is like saying since he did not read well he failed, but otherwise he is a intelligent guy and should not have been failed.

SaPa and BSP contested in many seats in RJ, CH and MP - they were the alternatives to the BJP but people chose BJP in these staets.
manish singh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manish singh »

archan wrote:
manish singh wrote: As of now, BJP appears to be running away from its responsibility of attempting to form the government being the single largest party. Yes, AAP too appears to be running. However, if BJP is serious about projecting itself as a party with a difference, it needs to demonstrate leadership. That is the one thing people of India are looking for right now: LEADERSHIP.

Let me samajh this.
BJP has 30, and including two "others" (one of them is BSP, whose support is not guaranteed) they can be 32. You need 36 to form a govt.
What do you suggest they do? ask for CongI for support? can you imagine BJP and CongI in a coalition?
I want BJP to stake their claim for govt. If they fail they fail. But at least try. Days leading to the show of strength can be used to up the rhetoric that BJP is not afraid to face difficult situations.

While AAP runs away for responsibility, BJP steps up to it even when the odds are not in their favour.

The fact remains that BJP is the single largest party. Use it, instead of just resigning to re-election.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

archan wrote:

Let me samajh this.
manish singh ji, BJP can take up the responsibility in many ways the clearest of which is a minority sarkar.

PVNR ran a very successful minority sarkar. But by their very nature minority sarkars require the negotiated support of the opposition. PVNR was the master of doing only as much as was allowed.

For example BJP will say Kejriwal ji 30% max and Kejriwal ji allows BJP to work towards that. Unfortunately Kejriwal ji knows that his circus can run only so long as he does the 'Rang De Basanti Act' and rallies people into India Gate lawns under the war cry of 50% rate cut. In such a case BJP says sir ji hume to sirf 30% ki aql hai, kindly form the AAP sarkar and give 50% rate cut to BJP voters also.

The moment Kiran Bedi mentioned a Common Minimum Program, the lay AAP supporter gave her the MC/BC treatment. BJP has all the options available to it. The first day Harshwardhan ji was visibly upset. But you see today all BJP leaders sport a smile whenever AAP comes up. They know they can wait out. AAP wants to strike while the iron is hot. The needs are so different that cooperation seems difficult.

Already the AAP supporters are claiming that they have received something like 1 lac new applications for the parties membership and NaMo is taking bribes from Ada_i. And they just know that all the money was being siphoned off and AAP will stop that hence the electricity can be given at half rate for full time.

As I see it this is a genuine difference in vision and if AAP can fulfil its vision then all power to them.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sri wrote: ravi_g / nagesh Ji... thanks for the numbers.

For me worrying part is that BJP core voter did vote for AAP in decent numbers (Since this voter has now voted for non BJP party, this voter is no more BJP core voter any more). So BJP core has shrunk considerably and good portion is now floating voter.
So Nitish Kumar was correct in analysis (though extrapolation could be a bit too much). :People will prefer a 3rd non congress alternative over BJP."

Since there was NO 3rd alternative in RJ / MP / CG votes consolidated for BJP. If there was No AAP, BJP would have got 60 seats in Delhi.
My theory also remains that voters rarely travel the full spectrum straightaway. Its not like they will vote Congress one election and then straight away move to the BJP corner. In a big country like India that does imply the existence of a third front.

The point was never about the existence of a third front. The point was - where is the head room to grow. See you can always throw some gobar (holy cow ,.it) in the air. You bet every single person will run away trying to avoid it. This is Kejriwal and the third front.

Life comes after the promise stage. Just the way you promise a women that you will bring chand sitara down for her and she rewards you on the marriage night. Then the god gives you kids. It is at this stage that you realize you are now stuck with an older women and ungrateful kids. This is the moment of personal growth. The moment you realize ...... and that BJP is the lesser evil.