India-US Strategic News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

Post by pankajs »

"At least 16 case of visa and tax fraud" - Not the exact quote but my recollection from some article. Below is my reading of the current situation from the various news reports.

Per the Indo-US agreement of 19xx, 16 teachers have tax exempt status. The school recruited teacher couples where the husband applied for the correct visa and tax exempt status and the wife applied for visa as "housewife". These housewifes then went on to teach at the school thereby committing visa fraud and further committed tax fraud by hiding their earnings and getting it deposited into tax exempt account of their husbands.

Of the first 32 teachers (16 teacher couples), 16 husbands have the correct visa and tax status. Their spouses, 16 in all, are hooked for Visa fraud and Tax fraud. That is why "At least 16 violation" are confirmed.

Of the remaining ~150 - 32 = ~118 teachers the status is unknown to us folks.

1. Indian national and have paid taxes so are in the clear.
2. Indian national and NOT paid taxes so are hooked on tax fraud.
3. Non-Indian, on the correct visa and have paid taxes so are in the clear.
4. Non-Indian, on the correct work visa and but NO tax paid so hooked on tax fraud.
5. Non-Indian, on incorrect visa and NO tax paid so hooked on both visa and tax fraud.
6. A combination of the above.

Scenario 6 is most likely and only after detailed investigation the final number of visa fraud and tax fraud will be known. I guess 16 for both frauds are confirmed and India can make them stick with visa application form, salary stub and money transfer records. That is why the school has been disowned by the US SD/GotUS. Privately of course the US is going to lobby for US nationals stuck in the jam. It is highly unlikely that the embassy HR personnel did not know the game being played on their premises.

Note: Edited multiple times for clarity.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

American Embassy School not run by our mission in Delhi: US
With the American Embassy School in New Delhi under the scanner for alleged violation of India's tax and visa laws, the US sought to sidetrack the issue by suggesting that it was not run by the embassy.

"It is not run by the Embassy. Only about a third of the students there are American," Psaki said. But "We are in discussion with the Government of India regarding issues they have raised concerning the school."

US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns had "discussed these very issues" with Indian Ambassador S. Jaishankar "earlier this week," she said.

"And we are committed to resolving them through diplomatic channels and to addressing the concerns that have been raised."

Asked if the US government took no responsibility for the school even though it was located within the embassy compound, she repeated "We're committed to addressing these concerns that have been raised."

"We'll work those through diplomatic channels, and we've already had conversations at a very high level about them."
Very illuminating.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

American Embassy School not run by our mission in Delhi: US
To me the above seems like, smells like Pakiness all over. The famous 'non-state actors' line.They allowed the building right in the embassy campus, the embassy staff are representatives of The country and are US gov employees. US gov also gave a briefing that, the embassy staff is asked to follow local laws. Those who broke the local laws are representatives of US gov. Now suddenly US gov has nothing to do with it? Americans == Pakis.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

he Very illuminating statements of Ms Psaki more than anything leads me to believe that the Indians have a watertight case wrt at least 16 Americans employed by the school. The Americans know that and are trying to sidestep the negative publicity. See how they are trying to settle the issues "through diplomatic channels" at "a very high level".

Wouldn't that also mean that none of the employees have diplomatic protection?
Last edited by pankajs on 17 Jan 2014 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Pankaj ji, wiki says it is independent school? Please correct me if I am wrong. But even then, US gov cannot wash off its hands.
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

Listening to the statements, I think the s is silent in Psaki's name.. Not the P.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
You are right about the school being marked as independent per wiki. My assumption was wrong .. my bad. :oops:

US SD is right as far as the status of the school is concerned. I will edit my post to bring it in line.
Last edited by pankajs on 17 Jan 2014 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

What goes in its campus is its responsibility. That way it can wash off all responsibility and guilt what so ever. Run a drug trade from its campus, say it's not US. Supply arms to terrorists and say it didnt do it. What ever happens from it's embassy campus is it's responsibility. Where is any end to this. That too it is the employees of embassy who evaded taxes. They should be held accountable.

Didnt US gov spokesperson say the embassy staff are asked to follow local law? If they break law, which is the case now, means that US talks with a forked tongue and suffers from Pakiness. Anyway we by now know very well the hypocrisy and lies of US.
Last edited by member_22872 on 17 Jan 2014 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

pankajs wrote:^^
You are right about the school being marked as independent per wiki. My assumption was wrong .. my bad. :oops:

US SD is right as far as the status of the school is concerned. I will edit my post to bring it in line.
Just because Wiki says it is independent, is it?

Just a moment:

Where did the land for the school come from?

The capital infusion to build it?

Run by whom?

Who teaches there and what was the connection to the Visa fraud re: Housewives?

Salaries of both spouses going to one account?

and many more which our babus should uncover.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

If any employee (teacher/support) without the work permit also turns out to the the spouse of a US diplomat then that will pull the US embassy proper into the case.

I think some of the initial reports did seem to suggest this very scenario if I remember correctly.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Rajanb ji, I too dont know the truth about who actually runs the school. But I am basing on what wiki says, teachers might work but they dont run the school. Who evaded the taxes and broke the law? They should be held accountable. Embassy employees are representatives of US, but wives who are also teachers might or might not be US gov employees. I am just trying to understand.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

rajanb wrote:
pankajs wrote:^^

Just because Wiki says it is independent, is it?
Just went with wiki and US SD statements saar. I do agree with you and venug saar that further data is required.

Instead of getting the news via leaks fully distorted, etc we deserve the stuff straight from the horses mouth.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

The key question is: is it the territory of India or the US ? Can the police or IT conduct a raid on it ?

If it comes in US territory as a result of being inside the embassy and thusly enjoys the immunity and other privileges associated with an embassy, then it isn't really independent, is it ?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
I think those are some of the questions being raised by India. Remember reading somewhere ..

"India was raising highly technical and complex questions" - Not the exact quote but my recollection from some article.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

The Embassy campus is not US territory. Embassy campus still belongs to host nation, but, the question is, US is in charge of the campus, US runs it, US is responsible for the activities in the campus that too when US employees are involved...US cannot deny they don't know and are not responsible.
Last edited by member_22872 on 17 Jan 2014 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Will GoI really haul someone's @ss when push would come to shove or all these are our wet dreams because we are masters of collecting data and sending dossiers.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Well a stare off and US buckling and declaring mia culpa is fine...if India can kick US in the nuts, more power to India, finally India will be taken seriously. But I too doubt it, we would have scrapped the aircraft deal to begin with.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Having read this thread with deep interest, I am respectfully submitting the following summary that came through the email for your kind consideration. Please provide factual corrections (and the facts to correct them). It is intended for use in educating, well.. ppl who may be able to make a "positive difference".

... In their zeal to raise the minimum wage, political special interests appear to have used the State Department to conduct a high-profile antic that has now backfired very badly. In addition to damaging America’s reputation, it will also deny many poor people (relatively) lucrative employment and opportunities, for their level of education and achievement. The apparent absence of oversight and guidance at both the White House and the State Department should alarm every American and friend of America. The events unfolded so far reveal a sordid tale:

Starting in 2012, the family of an Indian chauffeur in the US Embassy in New Delhi, appears to have been incited to participate in an elaborate scam.

The wife applied as a live-in maid for the Indian Deputy Consul-General in New York, herself a mother of two small kids married to an American university professor.

The diplomat, Dr. Devyani Khobragade, is a living counter to many stereotypes. Born in a so-called “Scheduled Caste” family, she is the daughter of a man who started life as a manual laborer, and retired as one of India’s top officials in the competitive Indian Administrative Service. She may have benefited, as intended, from India’s Affirmative Action laws. After earning doctoral credentials, she sought to repay her nation, working in India’s Foreign Service, especially devoted to empowering women. Before coming to the US she was posted in Pakistan, hardly a posting for anyone who shirks tough assignments! She was a friend that the US should have treasured as an example of everything that we believe in.

From all accounts, the live-in maid was (a) trusted with all freedom of movement and association, (b) treated as a family member, (c) paid what she was promised and (d) the said payment in fact went well beyond the prescription of US laws. The kids loved her. In addition to her US pay, and her life of comfort in the diplomat’s home, she was also guaranteed an after-tax monthly saving of $573 deposited directly to her family in India.

As an American, I know of the difficulties that even middle-class families face in putting away $573 tax free each month, and I am sure you are aware of this too.

The scam was apparently orchestrated through the US Embassy in New Delhi, to raise a high-profile ruckus about “Modern Slavery of Domestic Employees”, timed to resonate with the pompous White House release of the Domestic Worker initiative.

They got the maid to violate her employment contract, leading the Indian government to alert the US that she was heading to be an illegal alien.

An Indian court ruled against the maid, and India asked the US to help find her so that she could be repatriated to India as the law required.

The State Department then appears to have got the maid to file a complaint of mistreatment, based on blatantly misread/misused readings of visa forms filed by her and her employer.

The Embassy official, chief of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (BDS) and his wife violated their privileges in obtaining “T” (human trafficking) visas for the Indian family, and whisked them to America – in blatant violation of the due processes of Indian law.

His BDS associates in the US framed criminal charges, and got the New York Federal Marshals to conduct a completely needless, aggressive arrest of the diplomat in front of her children’s school, then proceeding to have her manacled, stripped and raped in custody before she could be bailed out – and the fact widely publicized.

This case has certainly achieved one objective: it has woken up many people around the world to a very serious problem, but not that of mistreatment of domestic workers (this case is a blatant counter-example to that cause). The problem is the out-of-control misuse of official powers by this Administration.

The Indian government, after pleas to reason fell on deaf ears and inflated heads, is now proceeding to figuratively strip and expose our government’s duplicity and stupidity in no uncertain terms:

1. A Facebook search conducted by Indian or American kids then revealed the shockingly offensive racist, bigoted and gratuitous public postings by the wife and the BDS official. Instead of tossing them in Indian jail to face non-bailable criminal charges for offending religious sentiments, India quickly declared the BDS official persona non grata and allowed him to escape. A senior US Congressman has described the couple’s actions as “offensive and moronic”.

2. India requested details on how the US Embassy pays and treats Indian employees. Not surprisingly, the Embassy is foot-dragging on that.

3. We now see that the American Embassy School on the Embassy premises, has been deliberately and systematically violating both visa and tax laws for decades. Indian officials have cited this as “institutional fraud” and I cannot fault that description. The State Department’s claim that the school is not run by the Embassy is lame and further evidence of the dishonesty pervading the SD.

More is to come, I am sure.

I have read the “indictment” that the US attorney’s office in New york appears to have railroaded through a Grand Jury indictment. With all due respect, it is asinine, describing the natural role of a live-in family member as “109 hours per week of work with no overtime pay” etc. While looking after 2 school-age kids and keeping up an apartment are certainly full-time occupations, they are not slavery or abuse any more than “Alice” in the American Brady Bunch TV show who looked after six children was a slave. From the facts that I can ascertain, I assume that any reasonable US court will dismiss all charges against the Indian diplomat and perhaps condemn the authorities who falsely accused and then grossly mistreated her, even violating her person while in their custody, ignoring her clear declarations of diplomatic immunity.

This offends us all as human beings and makes me ashamed as an American that it was done in the name of my country by employees of us taxpayers.

We as citizens would appreciate your leadership in demanding accountability at the State Department and the White House. Even school teachers know better than to post racist rants on Facebook pages, on pain of getting fired instantly. Is the head of the US Bureau of Diplomatic Security so unaware of basic Internet common sense? Has he not violated his oath and endangered all our diplomats? Who hired this man? Was it the recent Presidential appointee, himself famous for having (literally) shot himself in the foot? Who employed the BDS official’s wife as an expert on international public relations, given her gross lack of sense and her homophobia? Are State Department appointments now done on nepotism or inversely related to merit?

Why is it that the Board of the American Embassy School, with two members directly appointed by the Ambassador, allowed and even ordered its employees to blatantly dodge taxes and lie on visa forms, and give false ID numbers to deposit salaries? Should these people not come under US prosecution under money-laundering laws?

All this raises the terrifying question: Who is minding the store in the State Department and the White House?

I hope you will ask some of these questions and insist on accountability from the Administration.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

More and more people are now recognizing this, good.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

UlanBatori, Good Post
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

venug wrote:Well a stare off and US buckling and declaring mia culpa is fine...if India can kick US in the nuts, more power to India, finally India will be taken seriously. But I too doubt it, we would have scrapped the aircraft deal to begin with.
And added our names to the list of cretins who "self discharge a small bore pistol" ? Thanks no. We need the aircraft, we by 'em.

That said, the US SD has thrown the Embassy School under the bus by washing it's hands off it and declaring it "non official" . The poor teachers will be left facing the music and must be having nightmares of being arrested.

Leave the teachers. Go after the embassy spouse gals who were working without work permits at the school and gave false ids and showed their salary along with hubby's. Aim for the diplomutts , not the teachers who are there are the wrong place at the wrong time and are collateral damage.

Go after the embassy gals and the hubby diplomutts will be wailing with the SD poohbahs and cursing the guys who threw them to the wolves. The thought of Station Head Officer Durga Punwar's bratwurst like fingers poking around in their orifices must give them serious nightmares.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

svenkat wrote: Aiyaa,
Will you be gracious enough to share with us what these are or will we learn it soon enough?
avar 'karuthu kandhasamy'. :D vilakkam kaetka koodathu. just take the opposite of these things and that will be true.

for ex - americans are animated by humans being paid lower wages.

except the 20 or so millions of undocumented mexicans - a good portion of whom are working for less than sangeeta's wages (in total) in farms, factories, landscaping, construction etc etc...

not to forget the slave labor in other countries that exist for the sole purpose of making products for americans - textiles to iphones.

no..americans don't get animated from that. they get animated to give sanctimonious lectures of how they are better than indians with their barbaric systems of caste, arranged marriage and gold buying and a long list of such things.

no wonder if such a 'holier than thou' american asks uncomfortable questions, the indian should be speechless because of his shameful and embarrassing past, present and the future.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

The embassy may not run the school, but they did negotiate a tax-free status on some basis back in the 20th century, right? Knowing the details of the negotiations back then would establish the ownership of the school. Our babus probably have the records, based on which they are keeping the pressure.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Brahma Chellaney winds up the screws:

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... dPdf&wdo=2
The White House Announcement, from an obviously sympathetic source:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/09 ... ion-charts

California:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... ry-america

New York:
http://www.labor.ny.gov/legal/domestic- ... ights.shtm

http://www.thenation.com/article/168353 ... ers-rights#

Sorry about the "OT" but this is just to inform on the facts which will decide the court case(s) if they get beyond the "I Had Blanket Immunity" stage. To me the big issue is the gross over-zealous, way-overboard actions of the "law enforcement" types in this case. They scream: "Publicity Stunt!" and smell of self-righteous sanctimonious Hitler Jugend types.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Gus wrote:avar 'karuthu kandhasamy'. :D vilakkam kaetka koodathu. just take the opposite of these things and that will be true.
Reading just this one line, I thought you were referring to the USG/SD saar... :lol:
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

vina wrote: Leave the teachers. Go after the embassy spouse gals who were working without work permits at the school and gave false ids and showed their salary along with hubby's. Aim for the diplomutts , not the teachers who are there are the wrong place at the wrong time and are collateral damage.
Agreed sir, as JEM said earlier, they will try to make this a non-diplomatic issue. I am sure there was at least one school staffer connected to the embassy through a spouse, we need to look for them and slap visa violation charges on the embassy staffer. Stick only with diplomats, equal-equal only.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

American School e-mail raises suspicion of illegal postings - Sandeep Diskshit, The Hindu.

An internal e-mail sent by the American School to its teachers here, asking them to be economical with the truth about their visa status, is “a serious issue relating to visa and tax matters,” External Affairs Ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin said on Thursday. “We are examining them carefully,” he said.

The circular sent by the school, being run from U.S. diplomatic premises, pointed out that India placed restrictions on the number of tax-free visas available to its employees. “So, if you are a teaching couple, we usually have the male spouse apply for the ‘employment’ visa and the female spouse be noted as ‘housewife’ on the visa application.”

Government sources said at least 16 teachers, all foreigners, were working illegally in the school. They felt similar schools being run by the U.S. consulates in Mumbai and Chennai should also have teachers working illegally.

The school here has a swimming pool, tennis courts and playgrounds. The fee is over Rs. 10 lakh annually. It has about 1,500 students, of whom 500 are Americans, about 800 from other embassies and the remaining mostly children of American expatriates working here as company executives and journalists. {who are these journalists that can afford such high fees- Americans or Indians?}

India asked for details of teachers and their salary structure but the U.S. sought time. Earlier this week, following a meeting between top U.S. diplomat Williams Burns and India’s Ambassador to the U.S. S. Jaishankar, both countries seemed to have turned the page after a nearly month-long deadlock over the arrest and filing of a case against Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade in New York on December 12.

But the issue figured in Mr. Jaishankar’s meeting, with Mr. Burns stating the U.S. took Indian concerns seriously and assuring him it would address them through diplomatic channels. {shows the IFS hasn't forgotten and will continue to turn the screws.}

However, the revelation in the internal e-mail that suggests “some kind of wrongdoing” might make it difficult for India to let matters pass, said a government official.

When asked, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had said India was unlikely to restore the special exemptions to U.S. diplomats that are not available to their Indian counterparts posted in the U.S.

After Ms. Khobragade was asked to leave the U.S., India also asked a U.S. Embassy official, who had played an active part in her travails, to leave the country.

On the other hand, at least 14 other Indian diplomats posted in the U.S. have full time ‘India-based domestic assistants’ and it is highly unlikely that any of them is paid the minimum wages according to American laws. {We need to protect this flank asap.}The Indian diplomatic community has been asking the government to foot the bill for such assistants in the U.S. and Europe, where the minimum wages are high.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

srin wrote:The key question is: is it the territory of India or the US ? Can the police or IT conduct a raid on it ?

If it comes in US territory as a result of being inside the embassy and thusly enjoys the immunity and other privileges associated with an embassy, then it isn't really independent, is it ?
Since the US Embassy has denied that they are running it; even though it has been reported that the land belongs to the US Government if these two statements are true, then IT Raid zindabad.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

--
Last edited by Rajiv Lather on 17 Jan 2014 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KrishnaK wrote:The conspiracy part wasn't for you specifically. Your post says "students to the US most of whom don't come back". If that ain't NRIs who is eh ?
I made a specific point about how the US benefits from Indian emigration as versus the rubbish being put out by US media from time to time that the US somehow does India a favour by taking poorly paid Indian laborers etc & secondly, it is a key business benefit for the US education system, as versus the oft quoted business benefits India gets from the US by selling them stuff.

In response, you come back with this weird statement about NRIs and the Gulf. Whats the relevance apart from a reflexive desire to protect the US & twist the argument in process?
This has nothing to do with the US and everything to do with Indians.
Ah sure, everything to do with "Indians", nothing to do with the US at all, eh? Nothing to do with its impact on US-India ties either..
Let's leave my raisin diet out of this for now. Surely there'll be plenty of opportunities for that later.
In the above post (and many others btw - your posting record speaks for itself), you demonstrate your single track belief system re: US uber alles. Go ahead, that's your prerogative, but it will get pointed out, especially when that sort of reflexive response muddles up the points being made by others.
Last edited by Karan M on 17 Jan 2014 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I am amazed that the Babus have not withdrawn the 14 "ticking bums", given over a MONTH after the DK arrest. Makes it very hard not to *&^%*. Isn't this really tying India's hands?
Makes the Poojya Salman Khurshid seem bloody incompetent, to put it mildly.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Sunanda Pushkar found dead on January 17, 2014 in suspicious condition in room number 345 of The Leela Palace, a hotel in Chanakyapuri area of New Delhi, India, a day after twitter controversy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunanda_Pushkar

This could be blackmail on ST and even the govt
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

^^^
Or a Red Herring.
RIP Sunanda. I hope we get to know the real reason. I do not think (my POV) it has anything to do with the DK case.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

OTOH we shouldn't be unduly scared of having 14 persons with the same visa status as SR. Some of it is scare mongering at Massa's behest by Indian lifafa journalists. Our point in the DK case was that the maids/servants are also govt of india servants and any dispute is solely under the jurisdiction of the Indian courts. To put it succinctly, the babus stay there, the maids/servants stay there. Of course files should move now between MoF and MEA. Note that some lifafa journalism in HT had suggested that MoF should reject such a proposal. One wonders why !!!
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

After this DK live in maid affair, I fully expect all stay at home moms in the great United States to sue their husbands in court for bonded labor and not getting paid at least minimum wages in cash.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

RIP Sundanda Pushkar. Very sad. I don't it has anything to do with DK saga, either a natural death given that she was sick & hospitalized according to earlier reports, or assuming there was some hany panky between ST and that Paki, she might have taken her own life. Eitherway its OT.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

PMO and FM are allowing US to keep the screws on IFS by refusing the declare the 14 employees as temporary Govt Officials. Munna is on US side in this fiasco.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

While we discuss the ramifications of, and the options we have in the DK episode, the subversion of Bharat Mata's rights and systems by moronic SD employees and their masters, three thoughts worry me.

The posts by Ulanbatori, the Ugly Indian American, and BC's article triggered this line of thinking (And I will repeat that I am apolitical and a NOTA voter, unless AAP does deliver on their principles of clean governance):

1) The total silence from all political parties on this matter. I am old enough (geriatric actually) to have seen us go through turmoil. And I am saddened that this silence, from various political parties and individuals within them, all of whom have ruled us, strengthens the view that they have been compromised by the almighty, but flailing, dollar. The same parties, regardless of who is in power, will hold up defence deals, use religion, caste etc. to collect political brownie points, with the nation being secondary.

2) The quietitude of our otherwise screaming, vociferous TV channels!

3) If we fail to take incisive action, based on moral principles and our inalienable right to follow the rule of our land, rather than follow what the west have defined as "diplomatic norms", we would not be doing justice to ourselves in the comity of nations. To raise ourselves to the rightful level. As an acknowledged leader of NAM, we commanded more respect in the third world than we have in the post "strategic partner munna" period with the US. And our position in NAM then, corroborated the khujli we caused to the western powers that they took the NA in NAM to be "neutral"! (implying as in neutered). A back handed compliment for sure.

Are we going to take this opportunity to its logical decent conclusion? I am in no way suggesting the cause of revenge or vengeance, but espousing a cause for equal rights so that we are not politically portrayed as dollar loving pushovers.

It is but one of the steps for Bharat Mata to claim its rightful place in important fora, including the UNSC!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Satya_anveshi wrote:If someone opens a madrassa named American Embassy Madrassa or a brothel as American Embassy Prostitutes, will US SD allow it to run that too next to an big, active, American Embassy?

Dont mind lekin the expulsion of minor female diplomats in the past is precisely for this reason.