AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by RoyG »

Why the hell would Modi agree to American intervention in Telengana when it will put his PM ambitions at stake? Bunch on nonsense if you ask me. And to all those who are suffering from depression at this Cong victory, grow some balls and quit the wah wah my house had burnt down and I will never return to india garbage. Modi made it this far. Elections are right around the corner. Battles here and there will be won and lost. This is politics.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Telangana, Seemandhra and the BJP
It seems that the expectations from the BJP are such that it can never win in either the eyes of the media or the unattainably high standards that its “supporters” set for it. Not so long ago (few days back actually), it was pilloried for being naive and blocking the Janlokpal Bill on the “minor” issue of procedures and giving AAP an emotive issue to milk for the Lok Sabha elections. On Telangana, it is being slammed for not “blocking” the bill because “constitutional” procedures were not followed. I mean, its damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Unfortunately politics in this country is a bit more complex than that.

OK, let’s rewind a bit on this whole Telangana issue.

The BJP has long been a supporter of the concept of smaller states and anyone who is a BJP supporter knows this. Specifically, BJP has espoused the cause of Telangana in its 2004 manifesto. Actually Vajpayee was keen on creating Telangana and Vidarbha along with the three states that were created, but was blocked by TDP and Shiv Sena, respectively. Congress has been playing footsie on the issue of Telangana, since 2004, and shamelessly so from 2009, when Chidambaram announced the formation of the state, and then backtracked. They have been resisting Telangana consistently and have now suddenly pulled the rabbit out of the hat. This is a deliberate ploy and no, it is not for the 17 seats of Telangana (it knows it can’t win more than 8-9 of these seats) and there is a likelihood that TRS might not merge with them after all in any case. They have created Telangana for a more sinister reason, and let’s try and see what that could be.

We have to step back further and take an even bigger view of the picture. Congress has accepted the fact that it has not only lost this election but will most probably get less than 100 seats on its own. They are not playing to win, but like in chess or in test cricket, they are playing for a draw (a smart move, which is what I would also do, if I were them). A “winning” draw for Congress would be if BJP gets less around 160-180, and they are able to support a “third front” of sorts from outside, even if for just 2 years, and then try and make a come-back. The current series of opinion polls, their own internal polls, as well as the crowds that Modi is attracting, have convinced them that BJP could be heading for 220+. A “losing” draw for Congress would be if BJP gets around 200, and if they are able to play on the ambitions of the “others” within BJP (let me not name them), as well as the parties likely to support the BJP, to keep Modi out and make anyone else the PM. The game that Congress is playing is called “Anyone-But-Modi” (ABM)!

Coming back to Telangana, since Congress realized that the TDP-BJP deal was done, and also that if they didn’t create Telangana, TRS would go with NDA (which they had already confirmed to BJP behind the scenes). This could have potentially added another 20-25 seats to the NDA, which they wanted to prevent at all costs. They took the call to create Telangana under any and all circumstances, even if they had to throw parliamentary proprieties and conventions out of the window! The day Congress took this decision, Telangana had already been formed, and today was just the formality of that decision. Congress played its cards well and presented BJP with a fait accompli, out of which BJP had no escape path.

The BJP had already publicly announced its support for Telangana. Unconfirmed reports were being floated that if BJP blocked the Bill, there would be violence unleashed on the streets, and BJP cadres would be targeted. Congress would have gone to town that they want to give the state but BJP was blocking it. TRS cadres had already started threatening BJP cadres. BJP had already burnt its fingers in the Delhi assembly by not supporting the JLP bill because AAP did not follow the procedures. Despite the bizarre black-out ordered by Meira Kumar, BJP had no option but to go with the Bill, as withdrawing would have been a big embarrassment.

So who are the gainers from this – in Telangana it’s the TRS (and the Congress, if the TRS agrees to merge, which I doubt very much). In Seemandhra it is the YSRC, for its “consistent stand” against the division. The Congress is not also beyond merging YSRC back into itself after the elections (at least so they think). The Kiran Reddy rebellion is a scripted drama by the Congress. The losers are BJP in Telangana (it anyway had zero presence in Seemandhra) and TDP in Seemandhra! Both impact the NDA negatively.

So for now, well played Congress! BJP, hard luck at least for this time.

However, when people try and be too clever by half, nature has a way of hitting back. Here is what I think is likely to happen. Congress will do what it needs to do and get it passed in the Rajya Sabha also. Arun Jaitley might be able to get a good debate, but the Bill will get passed. This is where the troubles will start. Someone is going to take this to the Supreme Court, as this bill is “bad in law”. No two states can have the same Capital, unless it’s a Union Territory. Law & Order for a region (Hyderabad) cannot be handed over to the Governor (without a constitutional amendment). The SC will strike it down! We will be back to square one, and by the time this happens, Narendra Modi would be the PM. It will be his problem to handle, afresh.

I have a message for the people of Telangana and Seemandhra. You are both aware that Congress has played cynical politics with you, especially over the past 10 years. It has allowed 1000 Telanganites to commit suicide (what a waste of young lives), and it has not addressed the genuine concerns of the people of Seemandhra. There is only one leader who had the guts to stand in the middle of Hyderabad City and ask the crowds to cheer “Jai Telangana; Jai Seemandhra”!!! Both these states have a very difficult and arduous journey ahead, and Congress has left you both poorer than what you started off with. There are water-sharing issues to be addressed, a new Capital for Seemandhra (Vijayawada is the best bet in my opinion), revenue uncertainty for Seemandhra, etc. BJP is the only party which can help you do this.

The choice in front of you is whether you want to go down the path of Jharkhand (an almost failed state), or Chhattisgarh, a state that is growing fast. The Congress (and TRS and YSRC) will make you a much worse version of Jharkhand! The BJP can take you down the path of progress.

Ultimately it’s your wish. Choose carefully! :)
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

AjitK wrote:
SandeepA wrote: RajeshA,
... frankly I dont care abt Mata when my house is burnt down. Yes NaMo was our only hope and today we realized he has fatal flaws too.
Didn't the house start burning in 2004? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the INC in alliance with the TRS in 2004? And the people in Seemandhra still voted for the INC in 2004 and 2009, didn't they? Why blame Modi and the BJP now?
AjitK
I dont even want to start guessing where an extension of your logic will take us to.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

AjitK wrote:
... frankly I dont care abt Mata when my house is burnt down. Yes NaMo was our only hope and today we realized he has fatal flaws too.
Didn't the house start burning in 2004? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the INC in alliance with the TRS in 2004? And the people in Seemandhra still voted for the INC in 2004 and 2009, didn't they? Why blame Modi and the BJP now?
You can blame people for voting to INC in 2004. You can blame CBN, YSR/Jagan, KKR to some extent. You can blame Chiru/PRP to large extent for betrayal. But all regional powers has limit and all are bulldozed today.

But all along it was INC and BJP project to create fissures and divide. It is "natives" (one native and one foreign) turn to divide-and-rule. This fact can't be hidden.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

AjitK wrote:
SandeepA is just one of those guys who doesn't like to take any responsibility for anything. He'll vote for these jokers and then when things don't suit him he'll blame BJP, Modi, etc. This is politics, not a cricket match.
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

You heard it here first..
this is no way related to my anguish with division but had seen from the beginning since the Telangana issue started...

Telangana will be another UP.. KCR will rule with iron fist create hungama in hyd.. attack the properties of SA people and business interests.. no contracts will be given to SA people.. what not..there is NO opposition for him neither BJP, Cog, TDP.. he will rule atleast for another 2 terms..without any opposition and last he will NOT merge with Cong but will provide support at the centre...madam is day dreaming that KCR will merge like PRP but after seeing the fate of PRP leaders in Congi KCR will never do that mistake..mark my words..

KCR - Mulayam
KTR -Akilesh..

Another UP in making....
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IndraD wrote:If ramana is right about Powell visit, there is some thing US is able to black mail Modi with, what is that?

Its about US interests. Look at the old locked YSR thread.
- Omar Khalidi sheltered in US and carries out Nizamiyat propaganda.
- Clinton makes a visit to Hyd.
- GWB follows with a visit to Hyd.
- US consulate in Hyd
- Acting ambassador visits Chiranjeevi before 2009 elections
- US takes 12000 radar satellite pics to locate YSR body.
- US mourns YSR death
- SG hell bent on creating Telangana even when INC has miniscule prospects in 2014.
- Powell meets NaMo just before the T vote
It looks like in 2009 itself a decision to split was taken and the whole process managed to lead to this stage. So why was the decision taken in 2009? Was it before or after YSR death?

If one looks at the timeline and actors Sushma Swaraj looks like trying to interject into the big play and get some credit.

Also in an old book on DRDO it was stated that Hyd was chosen as its far away from the borders and sort of Nevada like siting for a research establishement. Later ENQ was Vizag. The SBC was created by PVNR when he was Def Minister. So lots of military establishments were set up. So turmoil here is an US interest.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

RoyG wrote:And to all those who are suffering from depression at this Cong victory, grow some balls and quit the wah wah my house had burnt down and I will never return to india garbage. Modi made it this far. Elections are right around the corner. Battles here and there will be won and lost. This is politics.
Dood, chill. And tuck that condescension back up wherever it oozed out from. Chelay aatey gain...
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Mahesh_R wrote:You heard it here first..
this is no way related to my anguish with division but had seen from the beginning since the Telangana issue started...

Telangana will be another UP.. KCR will rule with iron fist create hungama in hyd.. attack the properties of SA people and business interests.. no contracts will be given to SA people.. what not..there is NO opposition for him neither BJP, Cog, TDP.. he will rule atleast for another 2 terms..without any opposition and last he will NOT merge with Cong but will provide support at the centre...madam is day dreaming that KCR will merge like PRP but after seeing the fate of PRP leaders in Congi KCR will never do that mistake..mark my words..

KCR - Mulayam
KTR -Akilesh..

Another UP in making....
You are mistaken if you thought KCR and thugs were issue for Telugu people. It will be Congress iron-fist hold in the middle of India and will be E-Jihadis den. KCR and I-Jihadis will be used as rowdy elements.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 18 Feb 2014 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

RajeshA wrote:
Atri wrote: 2) There were many parties which happened to be against Telangana Bill. Given that they always have flexible positions, but parties like AITC, SP, NC, JD-U, DMK, CPI-M, TDP, YSRCP, have been outspoken about not supporting division of AP. If they were to oppose, BJP's opposition would have buried the bill. Even if BJP could not have stopped it, they should have taken the proper stand.
DMK has not oppossed Telegnana, only AIDMK oppossed it, SP stated 2 days back that they are supporting the Bill. BJP 116 MP's did not matter in the End. Seem Andra stood behind INC(including YSR and Jagan) in 2009 giving the majority of 34/42. Seemaandhra have got the fruit of thier vote.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Mahesh_R wrote:You heard it here first..

KCR - Mulayam
KTR -Akilesh..

Another UP in making....
yeah yeah,another"you heard it hear first" :lol:. Continue cowering in the corner of your room while everybody else plays the game and wins for the whole country. Yes there is a country called India which encompasses 28 states and 7 territories. Andhra is just one of them. It's better we cut you guys loose judging by the amount of whining.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

RoyG wrote:It's better we cut you guys loose judging by the amount of wining.
Is this idiot for real ?
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

RoyG wrote:
SandeepA is just one of those guys who doesn't like to take any responsibility for anything. He'll vote for these jokers and then when things don't suit him he'll blame BJP, Modi, etc. This is politics, not a cricket match.
RoyG
Are you talking about me alone? If yes then for the record I have always voted for Lotus, NaMo or no NaMo. I feel let down by NaMo since I had higher expectations from him and realized he has a fatal flaw.
Do not personalize this discussion please. If you want to refer to AP's voting pattern and personalize it to me then can I do the same with you for voting the worst Govt in India's history - twice!? What does it tell me about you?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Rony wrote:
RoyG wrote:It's better we cut you guys loose judging by the amount of wining.
Is this idiot for real ?
The only idiot I see is you. Anything else to add?
Last edited by archan on 19 Feb 2014 06:59, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: user warned, banned.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Cutting through the fog the best optionis still to defeat Congress and if that means suppotr to Modi then so be it. By staying aside Congress ideology will win.

So I urge Hari Seldon to buck up and look at the task ahead and join the fray.

And talk to your SHQ about the legal challenges and get informed.
--------------
RoyG, Suggest you back off for you are egging hurt people on. Give them time.

SARA process for grieving.

S= Shock
A= Anger
R = Reconciliation
A = Adjustment

And suggesting throwing a whole lot of people out of the country reflects the Congress mindset of Partition.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Seemandhra folks, SP hasdeclared ssupport and INC with SP, BSP DMK and UPA allies would have pushed through T bill irrespective ofwhere the 118 BJP MP's voted. INC Media is playing proganda as if BJP support was crucial.

Seema andhra has backed INC (YSR and Jagan included) and they are realising the fruits of thier vote. BY voting for YSR-INC in 2004 and 2009 this was inevitable. INC had made it clear before 2004 elections.

Keep blaming BJP all you like but it was region had trusted INC (and YSR family) which has brought this on. They can continue to trust Jagan who will merge with INC like PRP did if they like and be ready for further INC rule.

If they had voted for NDA in 2004 this would not have happenned.
Last edited by Aditya_V on 18 Feb 2014 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

SandeepA wrote:
RoyG wrote:
RoyG
Are you talking about me alone? If yes then for the record I have always voted for Lotus, NaMo or no NaMo. I feel let down by NaMo since I had higher expectations from him and realized he has a fatal flaw.
Do not personalize this discussion please. If you want to refer to AP's voting pattern and personalize it to me then can I do the same with you for voting the worst Govt in India's history - twice!? What does it tell me about you?
Sometimes monkeys take time to train. They'll mess up a few times and then they'll just get it. Same thing with Andhrites. They'll keep messing up, get a little frustrated, and then they'll realize that there is a land outside of Andhra that also makes up India and vote for the right candidate even if his party does something stupid.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

ShyamSP wrote: You are mistaken if you thought KCR and thugs were issue for Telugu people. It will be Congress iron-fist hold in the middle of India and will be E-Jihadis den. KCR and I-Jihadis will be used as rowdy elements.
EJhadis den? Not anymore than coastal andhra. In Telangana atleast, it is the lower caste that is being targeted and converted. In Andhra, its the upper caste and well to do that have already converted. Why don't you set your house in order before you blame others?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

ramana wrote:Cutting through the fog the best optionis still to defeat Congress and if that means suppotr to Modi then so be it. By staying aside Congress ideology will win.

So I urge Hari Seldon to buck up and look at the task ahead and join the fray.

And talk to your SHQ about the legal challenges and get informed.
--------------
RoyG, Suggest you back off for you are egging hurt people on. Give them time.

SARA process for grieving.

S= Shock
A= Anger
R = Reconciliation
A = Adjustment

And suggesting throwing a whole lot of people out of the country reflects the Congress mindset of Partition.
Point noted. Will let andhrites grieve in peace for their beloved state.
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

RoyG wrote:
Yes I see only one ..... RoyG
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

BTW comparing to animals is not kosher.
SO warning given duly.

MahesR, let admins take it up.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Even if BJP had stopped the bifurcation, it wouldn't have made any gains in seemandhra. Caste loyalties run much more deep there than Telangana. What ever presence BJP had in AP was in Telangana. Why should BJP risk it for seemandhra who suddenly realized that there is a national party called BJP?
AjitK
BRFite

Post by AjitK »

ShyamSP wrote:
AjitK wrote: Didn't the house start burning in 2004? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the INC in alliance with the TRS in 2004? And the people in Seemandhra still voted for the INC in 2004 and 2009, didn't they? Why blame Modi and the BJP now? But all along it was INC and BJP project to create fissures and divide. It is "natives" (one native and one foreign) turn to divide-and-rule. This fact can't be hidden.
The 'project' wouldn't have succeeded if the people in Seemandhra had voted for the TDP. The Congress and the BJP wouldn't have been able to divide a state which had a powerful leader.

Ultimately, it is always due to the choice people make. The Congress had an alliance with the TRS in 2004. The Seemandhra people voted for them arrogantly believing that the Congress wouldn't divide the state (or rather they would prevail over the high command if any such move was made). The Congress was the party of choice for Seemandhra because it let them make money and gave Seemandhra leaders a chance to expand their business. It was a decision made with only self-interest in mind.

People in Seemandhra rejected the 'Indic' party (the TDP). People in the rest of India could blame Seemandhra for imposing on India a Congress govt., not once but twice.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Mahesh_R wrote:
RoyG wrote:
Yes I see only one ..... RoyG
Aw there there, my fellow Indian. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Please grieve in peace. I will stop.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

ramana wrote:BTW comparing to animals is not kosher.
SO warning given duly.

Sincerely apologize ramanaji. Will let our andhra brothers continue grieving process.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I see you still dont get it.
Want one more?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

The one thing BJP needs to take the blame is for allowing the split to occur because of political advantages that Congress sought.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

RoyG wrote:
ramana wrote:BTW comparing to animals is not kosher.
SO warning given duly.

Sincerely apologize ramanaji. Will let our andhra brothers continue grieving process.
Cant we cut this idiot out of the discussion here?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No calling names. Do you want a warning too?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Please desist SandeepA. I have stopped as per Ramanaji's wishes. Keep a cool mind.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

ramana wrote:No calling names. Do you want a warning too?
Thats the last thing I want today :oops:
Rajagopal
BRFite

Future of Hindus in Telengana region?

Post by Rajagopal »

My first long post on this subject. :-)

With the creation of Telengana, the long term outlook for Hindus (and non-Muslim minorities) in this region, especially in Hyderabad does not look good…at all. :(

Below is my input on how things would look 10 to 15 years down the line in this entire region.

1) With the creation of Telengana, the next step would be announcing of new capital in the seemandhra region. Once done, this will be followed by influx of great amounts of finance towards purchase of properties and establishments by real estate barons, corporations, movie and media moguls. The goal will be to be a part of the next big Silicon Valley.

2) The availability of large coastline, access to international sea routes, fertile lands etc will pull in investors and visionaries from all walks of life. Expect IT companies to gradually move from Hyd to the new capital. In a timeline of 10 to 15 years, an alternate IT powerhouse would easily overtake Hyd, which will stagnate if no international company stays behind.

3) Job creation will be automatically followed by migration of students and working class from the rest of Seemandhra towards this new capital which would have become a hub for film industry and other industries. (Sadly, Telanganites fail to realize that it is the availability of good, hard working, talented people who make up a silicon valley or a Bangalore.)

Now for the bad news:

1) Middle-class is holding onto their purse strings. No new investments are happening in Hyd. you can confirm with your Realtor friend, if any.

2) On the other hand, Hyd city will see large scale migration and consolidation of Majilis(MIM types) in and around Telengana region. Their activities will remain unchecked and unquestioned. Large numbers of Hindus will have already left for Seemandhra. Remaining Hindus(Telenganites) will be the first line of defense. If you believe it will be a bhai-bhai type cordiality as in Bollywood movies, good luck to you.

I hope the last para of my prediction comes wrong but I cannot see any other scenario from happening. Does anyone from the Telengana region share any apprehensions at all? Would love to hear your views.

Thanks,

Rajagopal
Last edited by Rajagopal on 19 Feb 2014 00:59, edited 2 times in total.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

hanumadu wrote:Even if BJP had stopped the bifurcation, it wouldn't have made any gains in seemandhra. Caste loyalties run much more deep there than Telangana. What ever presence BJP had in AP was in Telangana. Why should BJP risk it for seemandhra who suddenly realized that there is a national party called BJP?
I agree. BJP never had any presence in SA, but they are losing that negligible share now by voting for Telangana ? I would bet even after this, Congress would get some seats in SA, setting aside the hyperbole here.

:rotfl: at the folks who are saying that E-Jihadis or I-Jihadis having base in Telangana. I would ask them to look at the mirror where the conversion has happened and has been happening. But Telangana is not Indic, but based on Nizam pride. I guess that's why MIM (Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen - Razakar inheritors) are so opposed to the Telangana. Some logic !
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Your 2) in bad news is the US desire. It fulfills the Omar Khalidi demand and appeases sub-continental Muslims and compesates for the TSP mess.

yvijay, Agreed. Need to be cool and not let rancour sour the moment. Afterall its a great day after fall of Orugallu. However I want a native Telangana leadership to lead.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Might is Right - that is the lesson Telugus should take from today's events .

And for all those dumping on us with the refrain that - "you voted congress you bear the consequenses" while we sit back and enjoy the tamasha ....
I have a single question - who voted for congress or its minions in the rest of the country ?
Or for that matter Who voted for congress for decades in Gujarat before advent of Modi ?

Infact very few are asking the main question ... What happened today within parliament is it RIGHT ?
Or is it WRONG ?

Will it harm Bharat in the long longterm or will this fire set to AP today blow up into an all engulfing conflagration fanned by outside powers?

Anyways Telugus should just double down and look after their own as rest of the country will only screw them when ever they get the chance. All these "promises" of what will be or will not be given to residual state is all hot air and the central parties only want to blackmail for votes before election by dangling promises on some thing which is due to them by right in the first place . The fact is that for years and years the central political parties were rolling on the ground for T regions sake while no one bothered including any thing in their bill for other region for 10 effing years.
So Telugus must take what ever is "given" but look after your own first - as it is how this country works.

Here borrowing ROYG ji advice to suck it up and stop jumping like monkeys (his words). Royg ji being Bengali himself would have long got the same for years - that you elected commies so bear all the jihadi infiltrators from BD but as long as you keep them in Bengal rest of the country doesn't care - now we see how they have fanned out to all regions of India so a Haryanvi in Faridabad or a maanoos in Maha who would have previously jeered at stupidity of Bengali's in electing commies is doing less jeering and is worrying himself about namaz by BD immigrants blocking roads.
So every one will get their just desserts ultimately.

This screwing of peripheries has been the bane of Indians historically nothing new I guess and should be par for course.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

yvijay wrote:But Telangana is not Indic, but based on Nizam pride. I guess that's why MIM (Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen - Razakar inheritors) are so opposed to the Telangana. Some logic !
And how has MIM shown this "opposition" against Congress plans?

May be some call to Jihad against Congress? No? May be even walking out of UPA? No?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Lilo wrote:Might is Right - that is the lesson Telugus should take from today's events .

And for all those dumping on us with the refrain that - "you voted congress you bear the consequenses" while we sit back and enjoy the tamasha ....
I have a single question - who voted for congress or its minions in the rest of the country ?
Or for that matter Who voted for congress for decades in Gujarat before advent of Modi ?

Infact very few are asking the main question ... What happened today within parliament is it RIGHT ?
Or is it WRONG ?

Will it harm Bharat in the long longterm or will this fire set to AP today blow up into an all engulfing conflagration fanned by outside powers?

Anyways Telugus should just double down and look after their own as rest of the country will only screw them when ever they get the chance. All these "promises" of what will be or will not be given to residual state is all hot air and the central parties only want to blackmail for votes before election by dangling promises on some thing which is due to them by right in the first place . The fact is that for years and years the central political parties were rolling on the ground for T regions sake while no one bothered including any thing in their bill for other region for 10 effing years.
So Telugus must take what ever is "given" but look after your own first - as it is how this country works.

Here borrowing ROYG ji advice to suck it up and stop jumping like monkeys (his words). Royg ji being Bengali himself would have long got the same for years - that you elected commies so bear all the jihadi infiltrators from BD but as long as you keep them in Bengal rest of the country doesn't care - now we see how they have fanned out to all regions of India so a Haryanvi in Faridabad or a maanoos in Maha who would have previously jeered at stupidity of Bengali's in electing commies is doing less jeering and is worrying himself about namaz by BD immigrants blocking roads.
So every one will get their just desserts ultimately.

This screwing of peripheries has been the bane of Indians historically nothing new I guess and should be par for course.
I'm not Bengali! :rotfl:
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Royg ji,
I confused you with another Roy.
But what if you are not - there are many Bengalis or Punjabi's or KPs on this board they may still get what I am implying. May be some day you too will.
Last edited by Lilo on 18 Feb 2014 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

For all ills of the country BJP is to blame. Kick them out even when UPA-II happened back in 2009 due to AP.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

I have no opinion on whether the division is good or bad, but the blackout of the TV proceeding means there is a cover up underway.

Can the proceedings be challenged on these grounds in the Supreme Court?