AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by hanumadu »

AjitK wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:
Out of all Chiranjeevi is the most disgusting fellow. Botsa character is already know he was thug before as he is now.

Let's name the names from non-T. I can think these now.

Good Fellows:
========
Lagadapati - Despite all theatrics, He kept his word. He resigned as MP, from Congress and quit politics
How did he get the approval for CDR after so much drama? That was a huge amount. If he cares more about his business then no wonder he quit. Even Shekhar Gupta mentioned it in his recent article.
Very good point AjitK. Like I already stated in this thread, most of the congress SA MPs are big time contractors. They tend to lose big if they antagonize the congress. Any criticism or Sonia or Congress is all dramabazi. Lanco has 30000 cr in debt and defaulted on its payments (though govt. policies may have a role in Lanco's troubles). He cannot afford to pick up a fight with Congress or for that matter any future government.
AjitK
BRFite

Post by AjitK »

ShyamSP wrote:Bloody everybody from BJP Sushma, Jaitly to all opponenets within and outside party might have made money in this murder.
Crook Shekhar Gupta using another crook Jagan as news source is news?

Coming to this fellow it is okay even if he got 9000 cr package. His fight goes beyond the timeline of this dramagiri of split.
Why are you having a go at Jaitley, Sushma, BJP and everyone else? It's not like Gupta or Jagan invented the story. It was reported by the ET and the Hindu. I know Gupta is no saint.

Naturally, everyone will ask questions if he got a bailout by the Congress and is now being hailed as Bhagat Singh and what not in Seemandhra.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Aditya_V wrote:SandeepA-It was part of Hyderabad Nizam rule in Bhakt Ramdas time
That was not nizams but Golconda nawabs who controlled entire AP.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Paul wrote: +++1. Hindus of telangana give as good as they get while the SA Moneybags have been giving Hafta to the owaisis. This is a fact and not discussed in the thread so far.

The arrangement between the owaisis and the SA moneybags will continue for some time.

All the heavy lifting during the communal riots was done by the Telangana folks. For instance go to the top of Golconda fort. There was a very small temple there in the 80s. I went there in 2004 and the temple has expanded many times over. They are the ones holding the orcs at bay and they should get their credit. The Nizam thing is just cheap talk and will go away in no time.
^^ That's why I laugh at the posts from the people from out side the state, who gleaned the info from twitter and say Nizam pride, Razakaristan bs. And this is being repeated multiple times, as though posting about a lie multiple times will make it truth. I'm beginning to wonder what is the motivation behind these posts. You can be absolutely against Telangana and also BJP decision without resorting to lies.
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

Narayana Rao wrote:Now I understand how BJP/Jana Sangh and RSS failed to remove INC rule for all these decades. They simply lack cut throat political ability. They failed horribly today and joined mafia queen in creating a mafia ruled state for the next decade at least and abandoned 25 MP seats to EJ almost forever.

I hope NM wins the elections but now I am not so sure. After what Sushma did I am sure there are many like MMJ in UP and Bihar ( Bihar Modi wife is also EJ) who are equally back stabbing.
It is not BJP/Jan Sangh/RSS fault!!! The fault as Julius Ceaser said 'Is in US dear brutus and not in the stars'
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Does anyone here know how CDR is given??? Has anyone attended any CDR meeting??? Does anyone know how CDR came into being and what is the actual arrangement? Does anyone know what other companies which are under CDR and CDR is given???

Lot of lose talk on getting CDR approved etc. I do not like any mafia fellows including Rajgopal but having done and attended CDR meeting/having approved many CDR deals etc I can say it is much easiar to get CDR scheme in place and no money loss is there for most of the time. I am not sure what kind of deal he got. But in most of the cases it is basically a reschedule etc with no commitment for further lending etc and money infusion from the promoters etc. In resent past many big groups have come under CDR due to mafia rule policies.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Wow! still 10% support.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Paul wrote:
kmkraoind wrote:
I do not think so. In whole South India, Hindus of Telanganites can match with Razaakars in brutality. Go to any Hyderabad area, the Hindus are hyper aggressive in showing their faith and symbols, and in protecting in it too. Preciously, for this reason only, BJP are strong around Hyderabad (to counter MIM). All these years, the rulers (from SA) were holding the Hindus in gong in full blow back. But Telangana becomes a state, I bet there will be communal tensions, that will lead to polarization, that ultimately benefit BJP/RSS.

+++1. Hindus of telangana give as good as they get while the SA Moneybags have been giving Hafta to the owaisis. This is a fact and not discussed in the thread so far.

The arrangement between the owaisis and the SA moneybags will continue for some time.

All the heavy lifting during the communal riots was done by the Telangana folks. For instance go to the top of Golconda fort. There was a very small temple there in the 80s. I went there in 2004 and the temple has expanded many times over. They are the ones holding the orcs at bay and they should get their credit. The Nizam thing is just cheap talk and will go away in no time.
+1 on sturdy defiance by Telangana Hindus. EJism has made huge inroads among them, as it has done in SA.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

gandharva wrote:Wow! still 10% support.

Preparing for EVM.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Gandharva-ji,
From the graphic you have shown there, BJP has registered a 50% growth in vote shares in SA. From 2%, it has gone to 3%. Is that not a huge growth?
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

gandharva wrote:Wow! still 10% support.

trs 4% :rotfl:
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

yvijay wrote:
Paul wrote: +++1. Hindus of telangana give as good as they get while the SA Moneybags have been giving Hafta to the owaisis. This is a fact and not discussed in the thread so far.

^^ That's why I laugh at the posts from the people from out side the state, who gleaned the info from twitter and say Nizam pride, Razakaristan bs. And this is being repeated multiple times, as though posting about a lie multiple times will make it truth. I'm beginning to wonder what is the motivation behind these posts. You can be absolutely against Telangana and also BJP decision without resorting to lies.
That is all okay, bhai. But at least provide some tangible evidence of MIM really opposing the creation of Telangana! For a party opposing Telangana, those Islamics seem to be behaving very quietly.
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

^^^ All MIM cared abt was NOT making Hyd UT...
Atleast BJP would have demanded that..and as a Joint capital ...

In RS today VN was raising concerns for amendments but you have to see the Shinde fellow... my blood was boiling the way that fellow was responding and ignoring the concerns of SA people as if he is doing a favor by making the division...
KLP Dubey
BRFite

Post by KLP Dubey »

Any update on the fallout of the T-bill pass on the TDP's alliance with BJP ? I read a couple of speculative English media reports that it is not going to happen now, but I'm wondering if there is more substantive information available.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Congratulations to New States of Telangana and Semaandhra. Hopefully President will assent to the Bill before announcement of the GE 2014 . Election may happen with existing parliamentary constituencies in AP. Announcement likely on 25-27th Feb.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

KLP Dubey wrote:Any update on the fallout of the T-bill pass on the TDP's alliance with BJP ? I read a couple of speculative English media reports that it is not going to happen now, but I'm wondering if there is more substantive information available.
No alliance from TDP which can get way above majority if not sweep from seemandhra. TDP leaders spoke on it if not CBN.

TDP is going alone in all 290+ mla seats and 42 mp seats. There will be some seats for CPI/M relinquished.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

No possibility of BJP/TDP playing the INC/YSRCP A/B team game and banding together after elections? BJP and TDP can play chunkian games too.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

chaanakya wrote:Congratulations to New States of Telangana and Semaandhra. Hopefully President will assent to the Bill before announcement of the GE 2014 . Election may happen with existing parliamentary constituencies in AP. Announcement likely on 25-27th Feb.
Best wishes to Telangana and Seemandhra. May the people of the two regions grow with greater self confidence and integrity.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

So in Telangana, will it be a tri-party contest, Congress, TRS and BJP? or if congress & TRS merges, just congress & BJP? Given that TRS will reap the benefits of the creation of the state, will there really be much opposition in the assembly in the first election in Telangana?

Will congress even campaign in seemandhra?

One other question on the successor state of current AP. Are both new states considered successor states or only seemandhra? will seemandhra continue to be called Andhra Pradesh?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

sudarshan wrote:No possibility of BJP/TDP playing the INC/YSRCP A/B team game and banding together after elections? BJP and TDP can play chunkian games too.
TDP alone pre-poll. In Seemandhra it has no shackles. In Telangana, it might go to its old alliances with Communists as they have to compensate any loss of share with Communist 5%

Post-poll order of preference might be:

1. TDP alone
2. fourth front with JJ leading
3. Third front with Mulayam and TMC leading
4. BJP with huge riders.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 20 Feb 2014 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Paul wrote: The Nizam thing is just cheap talk and will go away in no time.
Substantiate this please
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

RajeshA wrote:
yvijay wrote: ^^ That's why I laugh at the posts from the people from out side the state, who gleaned the info from twitter and say Nizam pride, Razakaristan bs. And this is being repeated multiple times, as though posting about a lie multiple times will make it truth. I'm beginning to wonder what is the motivation behind these posts. You can be absolutely against Telangana and also BJP decision without resorting to lies.
That is all okay, bhai. But at least provide some tangible evidence of MIM really opposing the creation of Telangana! For a party opposing Telangana, those Islamics seem to be behaving very quietly.
Arey bhai, how does MIM opposing or not opposing Telangana formation make it Razakaristan ? I can dig you the articles where they publicly opposed the formation of Telangana. But you are already saying why they didn't go out of UPA ! How do I know why they didn't get out of UPA? I'm not a member of MIM. But can you provide the concrete proof to show that Telanagana will become Razakaristan ? Please don't show some anonymous tweets as a proof.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

putnanja wrote:So in Telangana, will it be a tri-party contest, Congress, TRS and BJP? or if congress & TRS merges, just congress & BJP? Given that TRS will reap the benefits of the creation of the state, will there really be much opposition in the assembly in the first election in Telangana?

Will congress even campaign in seemandhra?

One other question on the successor state of current AP. Are both new states considered successor states or only seemandhra? will seemandhra continue to be called Andhra Pradesh?
BJP can run in 3-4 places with some chances. If Ch Vidyasagar Rao is blessed with "TRS" Velama support, he has some chance but might lose to Karimnagar foul-mouthed Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar.

If TDP goes alone, BJP will be almost near 0. BJP can improve some MLAs in districts bordered to Karnataka so that will be their achievement.

> will Congress campaign in Seemandhra

Yes. They will have to surrender their votebank to YSRC if they want to resurrect later. Congress+YSRC deal was that Congress let YSRC win in Seemandhra on its behalf. YSRC is hardly any force in Coastal AP except in 2 districts.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

SandeepA wrote:
Paul wrote: The Nizam thing is just cheap talk and will go away in no time.
Substantiate this please
What is there to substantiate ? Some SA folks here itself emotionally said, something to the tune of we'll secede or we are out of the country. Is that emotional rhetoric or is it for real ? It's the same thing about Nizam talk. It's just that, rhetoric.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Well, the state has been divided, and it is final now. Here is wishing all the best to both states.

At least the long drawn saga has come to an end. There has been protests and counter-protests over the last couple of years, leading to uncertainty for businesses and others. At least now, hopefully, the protests will end and people will get on with their lives. With the huge grant and support from central government, both states can easily prosper once again, especially given the business acumen of telugus. At the end of the day, both states are still telugu states. Hopefully the politicians, leaders and common folk will show enough magnanimity to make the physical borders seem irrelevant, and focus on development of both the states.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Actor Suresh

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

yvijay wrote:
yvijay wrote: ^^ That's why I laugh at the posts from the people from out side the state, who gleaned the info from twitter and say Nizam pride, Razakaristan bs. And this is being repeated multiple times, as though posting about a lie multiple times will make it truth. I'm beginning to wonder what is the motivation behind these posts. You can be absolutely against Telangana and also BJP decision without resorting to lies.
RajeshA wrote:That is all okay, bhai. But at least provide some tangible evidence of MIM really opposing the creation of Telangana! For a party opposing Telangana, those Islamics seem to be behaving very quietly.
Arey bhai, how does MIM opposing or not opposing Telangana formation make it Razakaristan ? I can dig you the articles where they publicly opposed the formation of Telangana. But you are already saying why they didn't go out of UPA ! How do I know why they didn't get out of UPA? I'm not a member of MIM. But can you provide the concrete proof to show that Telanagana will become Razakaristan ? Please don't show some anonymous tweets as a proof.
I am not from AP, not a Telugu. I can base my opinions only on what I read, what I hear. I do not claim to have a handle on it.

What I know is two things

- Congress really committed itself to creating Telangana. Number of seats there, losing out in Seemandhra, etc. can't really explain this commitment. There is much more to it, and I would like to know what is that.

- The RSS Karyakartas with whom I interacted on the Net, they themselves are all praise for the Nizam, how he built Hyderabad and Telangana. What I saw there, looked to me like Nizam-bhakti.

- Telangana would need some chapter of history, it can consider as defining its identity. To me it looked like - Nizam is going to be rehabilitated, and he would rise to be the patron saint of Telangana. If that happens, there would be a lot more happening.

Now if Telangana people tell me that they would continue to diss the Nizam, demonizing him and his role in history, then I know all is well, but if not, it bothers me.

The fact that MIM are comfortable with Telangana only increases my doubts.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RajeshA, May be the dichotomy is because the primary opposition to the Nizam pre-Independence was from Congress and Communists. Read the prelude to Operation Polo.
So the people you interact might be later day adherents who might not have face the full love of Kasim Rizvi and his merry band.

I am interested in why Congress was so adamant to divide AP and BJP MPs so willing to support them. Long time ago, in this very thread I had said AP misfortune is both parties want to divide it. Turned out like that only.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

RajeshA wrote: I am not from AP, not a Telugu. I can base my opinions only on what I read, what I hear. I do not claim to have a handle on it.

What I know is two things

- Congress really committed itself to creating Telangana. Number of seats there, losing out in Seemandhra, etc. can't really explain this commitment. There is much more to it, and I would like to know what is that.

- The RSS Karyakartas with whom I interacted on the Net, they themselves are all praise for the Nizam, how he built Hyderabad and Telangana. What I saw there, looked to me like Nizam-bhakti.

- Telangana would need some chapter of history, it can consider as defining its identity. To me it looked like - Nizam is going to be rehabilitated, and he would rise to be the patron saint of Telangana. If that happens, there would be a lot more happening.

Now if Telangana people tell me that they would continue to diss the Nizam, demonizing him and his role in history, then I know all is well, but if not, it bothers me.

Regarding MIM, they don't have a choice. They don't enough numbers or influence outside Hyderabad to throw spanner in the works. They squirmed and protested, but they could not do anything about it. That's why they tried for making Hyd as UT to gain some influence, even that didn't happen. So tell me, how they were silent.
Once Telangana movement gained momentum, Congress was left with the option of loosing either Telangana or SeemAndhra . In their calculations, if they get credit for creation of Telangana and since TRS said it would support any party which helps in getting Telangana, they were sure of sweeping Telangana. They could stall it until they can, so they could get seats in both regions, but after YSR's death they had to move forward.

And Telangana is not just Hyderabad. If you go to the villages and ask older people, they'll tell you about atrocities of Razakars. How they used to raid the villages and after the Operation Polo, how Razakars themselves are buried alive. So when you say, we make Nizam as a patron saint, it really gets me.

Frankly, for today's youngsters Nizam is irrelevant. They don't have any feelings about them. And I don't blame them because, there was no mention of their atrocities in any Text books. But they sure know about the communal riots now and then happening in old city and they no love lost for them.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

bahdada wrote:Wow, that speech by Chiranjeevi was painful to watch. Talk about being spineless. Venkiah Naidu shoulda let that Zinger about him being a great actor stand. Becoming a big fan on this Derek O'Brien character.

Apparently that is his first speech in the Rajaya Sabha!!!!And most likely the last one too. Looks like he was allowed to vent and pretend to be a leader who opposed the bill in RS!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?289592

PM's statement in Rajya Sabha on the Telangana Bill and a special package for the successor state of Andhra Pradesh

Mr Chairman Sir:

I have listened very carefully to the views expressed by the Leader of Opposition and all the other members who have spoken, especially those from Andhra Pradesh. The Home Minister has already mentioned the specific steps our Government will take to address the concerns of all regions of the state, particularly of Seemandhra.

I would like to make a few further announcements in this regard.

First, for purposes of Central assistance, Special Category Status will be extended to the successor state of Andhra Pradesh comprising 13 districts, including the four districts of Rayalaseema and the three districts of north coastal Andhra for a period of five years. This will put the state's finances on a firmer footing.

Second, the Bill already stipulates that the Central Government shall take appropriate fiscal measures, including offer of tax incentives to the successor states in order to promote industrialization and economic growth in both the states. These incentives will be along the lines extended to some other states.

Third, the Bill already provides for a special development package for the backward regions of the successor state of Andhra Pradesh, in particular for the districts of Rayalaseema and North Coastal Andhra Pradesh. This development package will be on the lines of the K-B-K (Koraput-Bolangir-Kalahandi) Special Plan in Odisha and the Bundelkhand special package in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.

Fourth, I would like to reassure Honourable Members that if any further amendments are needed to facilitate smooth and full Rehabilitation & Resettlement (R&R) for the Polavaram project, they will be given effect to at the earliest. Our government will execute the Polavaram project—let there be no doubt about it.

Fifth, the appointed day for the formation of the new State will be so fixed in relation to the notified date so as to enable preparatory work relating to personnel , finance and distribution of assets and liabilities to be completed satisfactorily.

Sixth, the resource gap that may arise in the successor state of Andhra Pradesh in the very first year, especially during the period between the appointed day and the acceptance of the 14th Finance Commission recommendations by the Government of India, will be compensated in the Regular Union Budget for 2014-15.

Sir, I hope these additional announcements will demonstrate our steadfast commitment to not just the creation of Telangana but also to the continued prosperity and welfare of Seemandhra.

Nothing more from this govt.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:Actor Suresh

I know he is actor but never heard him talking. He perfectly dissected the issues. Great video.

Here is another example. He was into BJP still giving good words on NaMo. Now he is out and moved to TDP.

His move of political mindset represents some lakhs in AP.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 21 Feb 2014 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

RajeshA wrote:
They are not comfortable. The INC+TRS bonhomie is a very short term one. The clear KHAM is what they built in Telangana for now. But hunch is even if T is not as casteistic as SA is but then it still will have caste stuff with a mix of mullah politics. Velamas and mullahs going together can work and probably fit together as they had centuries of dining deer biryani together :)

Reddys + BCs combination will be BJP as it is not competitive to keep Reddys, Velamas for ever in the same basket. TDP vanishes from next election even if it wins few assembly seats this time around. The fissures will lead to clashes as Muslims are in the shadow of SA banigardhi so far and that will probably end.

But a voting block of Muslim+SCs+STs with a forward caste attached is undefeatable. Speculating too much when the baby is born is difficult. But one thing is sure the Ashrafs will not get any breather in the new state.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

As people here tend to forget let me remind again -
When Tank Bund statues were destroyed, the current self proclaimed "indic veeras" of Telangana destroyed Sri KrishnaDevaraya's statue and dumped it in the Hussain Sagar. In contrast the near by statue of Nizam was not touched - probably in reverence for the stern paternal love he dispensed upon the their Hindu ancestors through his public whippings etc during his "glorious" long and prosperous (for himself) rule as Nizam till 1911.

and the Nizam below..
Destruction of statues

Telangana activists damaged 16 statues representing Telugu culture language on Tank Bund. They threw some of the remnants into the lake.[98][99][100] The agitators used iron rods and ropes from the barricades put up by the police to uproot the statues.[101] The agitators did not touch the statues of Nizam VI Mir Mahaboob Ali Khan .[102] These statues were installed by state government in 1986.[103]

The protests were reportedly designed to deepen linguistic and political divides between pro- and anti-Telangana groups.[104] The police say the attack was pre-planned. Three TRS activists who in the early hours of 10 March burnt the statue of ‘Telangana Talli' in Medak district were arrested.[105] The TRS MLA and son of Mr Chandrasekhar Rao, Mr K.T. Rama Rao (KTR), had said earlier that they would damage the statues on Tank Bund as most of them were of people from the Andhra region.[106]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_2011 ... of_statues
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Muppalla wrote:
RajeshA wrote:
They are not comfortable. The INC+TRS bonhomie is a very short term one. The clear KHAM is what they built in Telangana for now. But hunch is even if T is not as casteistic as SA is but then it still will have caste stuff with a mix of mullah politics. Velamas and mullahs going together can work and probably fit together as they had centuries of dining deer biryani together :)

Reddys + BCs combination will be BJP as it is not competitive to keep Reddys, Velamas for ever in the same basket. TDP vanishes from next election even if it wins few assembly seats this time around. The fissures will lead to clashes as Muslims are in the shadow of SA banigardhi so far and that will probably end.

But a voting block of Muslim+SCs+STs with a forward caste attached is undefeatable. Speculating too much when the baby is born is difficult. But one thing is sure the Ashrafs will not get any breather in the new state.
A lot of ifs and buts. Bottomline is if BJP doesn't form next government. Fun starts there. States are born under the premise that Goondagiri wins. It is like stepping into lower Lokas called Talas
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Lilo wrote:As people here tend to forget let me remind again -
When Tank Bund statues were destroyed, the current self proclaimed "indic veeras" of Telangana destroyed Sri KrishnaDevaraya's statue and dumped it in the Hussain Sagar. In contrast the near by statue of Nizam was not touched - probably in reverence for the stern paternal love he dispensed upon the their Hindu ancestors through his public whippings etc during his "glorious" long and prosperous (for himself) rule as Nizam till 1911.
Pray tell who created it in first place ? oh yeah, the doyen of Telugu pride, N.T.Rama Rao - probably in reverence for the stern paternal love he dispensed upon the their Hindu ancestors through his public whippings etc during his "glorious" long and prosperous (for himself) rule as Nizam till 1911.

Anyways, it's becoming like the 'You Fart' theory suggested by Shiv garu. I have to endlessly justify about something, that there is nothing to justify for. Telangana would be no worse than IJistan or EJistan that A.P already is, when YSR tried to provide 5% reservation to minorities or tried to appropriate the seven hills of Venkanna Swami or CBN coveting muslims votes by coming out of BJP saying it's not a secular pary.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^NTR the Doyen of Telugu pride ?

Funny straw man being built just to again tear it down and dump it to Hussain Sagar I guess.
Last edited by Lilo on 21 Feb 2014 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Of all the issues which Telangana faces now, one of the priority is this - Removing Telugu Sanskritised words and replace them with so called "Telangana slang" for official purposes :roll:

I will bet that Telangana's identity will be not-Andhra (similar to pakistan to India) and that will have its own headaches in future.

Telangana slang can do without 31 Telugu letters, Telangana University professor says
As many as 31 alphabets of the Telugu language may have to be dropped with the formation of the separate Telangana state.

"The Telugu language has 56 alphabets but we can make do with just 25 of them to converse in the Telangana slang and also to write," said Dr T Kanakaiah, head of the Telugu department, Telangana University in Nizamabad.

According to him, most words in the Telangana slang comprise of two letters or three letters. "The complicated Telugu Sankritized language that we have adopted so far can be discarded and the much better sounding Telangana slang can be adopted for official purposes," Dr Kanakaiah said.

With the Telangana state going to become a reality, linguists are also moving fast on getting the Telangana slang to be adopted officially.
Bhaskar said the language, as it is spoken, in Karimnagar and Warangal districts, could be taken as main basis of the Telangana language. "However, there should be discussions at the initiative of the government to finalize on the basic Telangana language style," he said.

Text books will also have to undergo a drastic change. If one has been reading about Alluri Sitaramaraju, it will be time to read about Komaram Bheem. If Kandukuri Veeresalingam Panthulu was taught as a reformer, a social reformer from Hyderabad, Bhagya Reddy Varma, would have to take his place in textbooks. Telangana freedom fighters including valiant people like Sakali Ailamma and Doddi Komaraiah will also have to make it into the text books.

"Another good thing is that we may not even need 'Am', 'Aha', the last letters in the Telugu language when we are talking about Telangana slang," Dr Kanakaiah of Telangana University said.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:Of all the issues which Telangana faces now, one of the priority is this - Removing Telugu Sanskritised words and replace them with so called "Telangana slang" for official purposes :roll:

I will bet that Telangana's identity will be not-Andhra (similar to pakistan to India) and that will have its own headaches in future.

Telangana slang can do without 31 Telugu letters, Telangana University professor says
As many as 31 alphabets of the Telugu language may have to be dropped with the formation of the separate Telangana state.

"The Telugu language has 56 alphabets but we can make do with just 25 of them to converse in the Telangana slang and also to write," said Dr T Kanakaiah, head of the Telugu department, Telangana University in Nizamabad.

According to him, most words in the Telangana slang comprise of two letters or three letters. "The complicated Telugu Sankritized language that we have adopted so far can be discarded and the much better sounding Telangana slang can be adopted for official purposes," Dr Kanakaiah said.

With the Telangana state going to become a reality, linguists are also moving fast on getting the Telangana slang to be adopted officially.
Bhaskar said the language, as it is spoken, in Karimnagar and Warangal districts, could be taken as main basis of the Telangana language. "However, there should be discussions at the initiative of the government to finalize on the basic Telangana language style," he said.

Text books will also have to undergo a drastic change. If one has been reading about Alluri Sitaramaraju, it will be time to read about Komaram Bheem. If Kandukuri Veeresalingam Panthulu was taught as a reformer, a social reformer from Hyderabad, Bhagya Reddy Varma, would have to take his place in textbooks. Telangana freedom fighters including valiant people like Sakali Ailamma and Doddi Komaraiah will also have to make it into the text books.

"Another good thing is that we may not even need 'Am', 'Aha', the last letters in the Telugu language when we are talking about Telangana slang," Dr Kanakaiah of Telangana University said.

When you enter Talas (lower lokas) you lose Tala (Head in Telugu)

> we may not even need 'Am', 'Aha'

"Kodako kommaranna jara pailam kodako" by Gaddar. How is Gaddar going to sing, esp word Pailam (Telangana corruption for Padilamu - stable)

Are they going to dump Potana (from Warangal) Andhra Maha Bhagavatam? Lokas are well explained in Bhagavatam. I didn't know he explained with 25 aksharas.

> the language, as it is spoken, in Karimnagar and Warangal districts, could be taken as main basis of the Telangana language

Areeeere! Areeere! They are going to impose Karaminagar language on this Rangareddi resident? Eastern folks are looters. They are looting us western Telangana people.