Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

JohnTitor
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by JohnTitor »

johneeG wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote:Kashi temple issues requires change in law and I have already said that. Why we are looking into this issue now. First win the elections and make Indics strong and then do some reconstruction work. Shivaji Maharaj waited for his time to kill Afzal even while Afzal was killing Indics and destroying Temples because it was not possible for Shivaji Maharaj to attack him and win. Wait for time and when the time and place is proper hit hard.
Narayana Rao gaaru,
I think this 'right' time will never come. Its just an excuse to postpone. I am not saying take up the issue now, but why pretend as if there is plan? There is no plan. People just keep postponing it by offering various excuses until someone takes it up. I am saying lets not hide behind excuses. If a party/politician does not want to take up the temple issue, simply say so. Why give useless excuses or create strawman arguments?

If one were waiting for 'right' time, then Babri structure would still be standing. Parties or politicians take up certain issues when they are desperate or don't have any other choice.

All this development first is really nauseating as if temple issues(and other issues) are obstructing the development. As if other issues cannot be taken up until there is development for a decade or two. This reminds me of the excuses offered by MMS for not taking on terrorism and bakis. People used to say that Bhaarath should become a trillion economy before taking on bakis and terrorism. Now, economy also gone down the drain.
He who gives up what is imperishable for that which is perishable, loses that which is imperishable; and doubtlessly loses that which is perishable also.
Chanakya Niti, Chapter 1, 13.

The simple point is one should try to do the right thing to the extent that one can instead of waiting for the 'perfect' time or place or circumstance. And where there is a will, there is a way. If Modi tries and fails, thats a different issue. But to offer excuses, even before there is an attempt is just excuses.
Johnee ji is absolutely correct. This speak of mutual exclusivity is ridiculous. Development should go on as planned, but that does not mean we wait till we achieve a certain GDP figure or whatever other economic measure to fix the "secularity" issues india has. The constant eating away at our culture by everyone is having huge repurcussions for all those who live by the indic faith. Its shocking to see bharatanatyam becoming "secular", not to mention yoga and ayurveda. I am not against people practising their own faith, whatever that may be. But what I am against is temples having to pay mujrai. I find it funny that hindus don't seem to object to this "secularism".
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I am saying do it intelligently and with sure hand with deception if needed. We all agree forces against the Indic civilization are formidable and we are not strong at this point. As I said there is a law which needed to me changed and this by itself presents a challenge with BJP simply do not have numbers. Similarly huge media and jholagangs are there to create all kinds of sounds around the world.

One method is to do this with a thousand small cuts like do some demolitions around for road widen works, security purpose structures, medical facilities, facilities for pilgrims etc we can keep the temple same but remove the Masque from there. HAR HAR MAHADEV and when all this being done nothing remains. Create a new plan for a Temple with original 9 towers for the Lord of the Universe.

I wonder if the Kashi Naresh is still alive ? If yes NM is well advised to take his blessing. From what I heard he is a very respected man.

If any court case is made we can also argue that masque is not a religious place/structure and place of masque has no importance (Supreme Court said that in one of the cases)
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

niran wrote:
Rahul Mehta wrote:Since NaMo is now MP candidate from Varanasi, I hope to see quick action on Kashi Vishvanath Devalaya issue once NaMo becomes PM. I hope that Kashi Vishvanath Devalaya issue will not be removed from BJP manifesto. FYI, Kashi Vishvanath Devalaya was destroyed by Aurangzeb and mosque was built there.
the backside of the mosque constitute the northern wall of the temple
and no, banarsis does not want anything more they want opportunities to grow wealth not a quarrel over
a place of worship,not now maybe 15-20 years later
"Congress Mukt Bharat" should be first goal and last goal. "Ekai saadhe, sab sadhai, sab saadhe, sab jaai" (By accomplishing one, all work is accomplished, and by trying to accomplish many tasks, then not even one thing is accomplished. )
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Mar 16, 2014
Common candidate must to ensure Modi is checkmated in Varanasi: JD-U: ANI
New Delhi, Mar 16: Janata Dal United (JD-U) leader and general secretary K C Tyagi on Sunday, asked all the secular parties in Uttar Pradesh to unite and put up a common candidate from Varanasi, in order to ensure Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's defeat in the coming Lok Sabha polls.

"Since, Modi has become BJP's face to contest from Varanasi, I would strongly urge the secular parties like Samajwadi Party (SP), Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) to forget about their political differences and instead join hands together to put up a united candidate from Varanasi against Modi in order to deny him any chances of coming to power in Delhi forever," Tyagi said.

On Saturday, the BJP finalized constituencies for senior party leaders including its prime ministerial candidate (Narendra Modi). The party has fielded Modi from Varanasi, which was earlier represented by senior leader Murli Manohar Joshi.
This may even help Modi to show that he is fighting all these parties and basically they are part of the same monster! If Congress, SP, BSP and AAP put up a common candidate, then SP and BSP would have difficulty showing that they are not in collusion with Congress. Also if AAP should join in, then it would show AAP is just a front for Congress.

It is possible that Kejriwal would be the common candidate.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Rowl attacks Modi, rakes up 2002, says SIT clean chit has been questioned by experts
http://www.timesnow.tv/videoshow/4450180.cms
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

Crazywala to contest LS polls from Varanasi- Timesnow
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Kejriwal attacks BJP at Bangalore rally, confirms he will contest against Modi from Varanasi
# AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwal in his Bangalore rally on Sunday finally confirmed that he will opt for the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat and field against Narendra Modi.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

VinodTK wrote:Kejriwal attacks BJP at Bangalore rally, confirms he will contest against Modi from Varanasi
# AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwal in his Bangalore rally on Sunday finally confirmed that he will opt for the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat and field against Narendra Modi.
That's media spin. He said he will decide it on 23rd march.
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Have you seen NewX Channel. They had an interview with Anupam Kher and he ripped AK420 into shreds...
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

how i wish khujli loses deposit how is this possible?
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Ratnakar Tripathi rooting for Modi is like Imam Bukhari for Modi. Brahmins like him r "Hriday" (inner most level) of Congress existence in Cow-belt.
Excitement in Varanasi over Modi’s decision to contest seat

Ratnakar Tripathi a local Congress worker is all for Modi. He says he evokes varied expectations in varied sections of people. He is going to be the biggest ever winner.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/excit ... ef_article
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

gandharva wrote:
That's media spin. He said he will decide it on 23rd march.
Pindari has taken a U turn. He will contest if Varanasi wants him and finalize on Mar 23
Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

gandharva wrote:That's media spin. He said he will decide it on 23rd march.
Martyr's Day! Bahut cynical; Bahut hi cynical!

Will this fellow never give up trivializing our Martyrs for his selfishness? Shame!
Last edited by Shalav on 16 Mar 2014 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

IndraD wrote:how i wish khujli loses deposit how is this possible?
IMHO that just won't happen. There is AFAIK a significant sickular vote here, and already noises are emanating from sickular parties about putting up a united front against NaMo. If Kejriwal contests then he will be the highest profile challenger and automatic choice for the sickular coalition. Even though Kejri cannot accept overt support from the "corrupt" SP, Congies et al, they will covertly work for him.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

RajeshA wrote:Of course there is a much easier route, and that is to make law drafts, publish them in a gazette, and spam NaMo, the MP from Varanasi, with SMSes about Devalayas.
Each voter is supposed to send only one sms. So there is no spamming. Also, MP is supposed to connect that sim, where voters will send orders by SMS, to PC and not personal cell. The PC will process SMS and give counts to MP. So again, there is no spamming. And Kashi Vishvanath Devalaya is not not issue of people Banaras alone. It is national issue. If people of Banaras dont want KVD and people of India want it, then people of Banaras are welcome to relocate.

===

Durvasa,

I only want to make it clear what I have been saying since 1990s --- that BJP leaders are last persons on earth who will take any initiative to make Tridevalayas. The Tridevalaya movement has been the biggest non-financial scam of past 40 years, and bigger than any financial scam. And july-2014 will prove that. Ditto for Swadeshi, arti-370, UCC etc. July-2014 will give you all too many non-surprises.
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 16 Mar 2014 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
RajeshA wrote:Of course there is a much easier route, and that is to make law drafts, publish them in a gazette, and spam NaMo, the MP from Varanasi, with SMSes about Devalayas.
Each voter is supposed to send only one sms. So there is no spamming.

Also, MP is supposed to connect that sim, where voters will send orders by SMS, to PC and not personal cell. The PC will process SMS and give counts to MP. So again, there is no spamming.

And if Kashi Vishvanath Devalaya is not not issue of people Banaras alone. It is national issue.
And all that is supposed to solve the problem of Devalaya building - Sending SMSes to NaMo? As if he is not aware of it and the desire of Hindus to have Kashi Vishwanath restored!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why Farjiwal is now only singing Modi Modi song as if everyone else has taken a dip and Ganga and become sadhu.
What happened to 10 years of unbridled corruption and scams and JanLokpal bill and other chandamama stories that he used to tell his followers uptil last year. Suddenly the queen, son and son-in-law are no longer part of the discourse nor are all the 543 whom he used to refer as chor. Some seem to be more cleaner than the others.
Funny the election is about PM of India and he is going after someone who has never been part of Delhi politics.

What a waste of political goodwill and energy that AH and he generated for themselves and how both of them squandered it causing unsufferable harm to any future middle class rising of political forces.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

VikasRaina wrote:Why Farjiwal is now only singing Modi Modi song as if everyone else has taken a dip and Ganga and become sadhu.
What happened to 10 years of unbridled corruption and scams and JanLokpal bill and other chandamama stories that he used to tell his followers uptil last year. Suddenly the queen, son and son-in-law are no longer part of the discourse nor are all the 543 whom he used to refer as chor. Some seem to be more cleaner than the others.
Funny the election is about PM of India and he is going after someone who has never been part of Delhi politics.

What a waste of political goodwill and energy that AH and he generated for themselves and how both of them squandered it causing unsufferable harm to any future middle class rising of political forces.
Remote control is common for farjiwal and the ranee.

NAMO is the common and big threat.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

What is % population of Hindu voters s in Banaras LOKSABHA constituency ?

Pls note ---- question is NOT about Banaras city or about Banaras District but it is ONLY about Banaras Loksabha constituency?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

OT:
Is that what 'nada' originally means? I always associated it with the thin rope/string in the pajama and other such garments that is used for tying.

Saik: why Saar to step on the IED? I wanted to say SB4D too, but then that is precisely what we do not want to discuss now. :rotfl: See what you did now.

BTW, go SB4D.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

johneeG wrote:
ravi_g wrote: Also at some point NaMo advisors too have to realize that they have to stop running back to the cadre's for every little seat negotiation and start managing their relationships too. If they don't like certain people, by all means feel free to change the nature of the party, get people fired, conspire, back-stab, broadside, cut a deal, break a deal, get in edgewise but do that in the friggin privacy of the house. If these idiots keep bringing every silly thing into SM, instead of using SM properly to help create a nationalist narrative then they will have only themselves to blame for whatever will follow.
Saar,
democrazy is all about transparency with no hypocrisy. I say let there be more transparency. Whatever the views, let them be aired openly for one and all to see, know and analyze. Why back door negotiations? Why say one thing behind the camera and another thing before it?
JohneeG garu, unlike you I am not an evolved soul. But I have a strong sense of self preservation, which I am sure most will be unable to match.

I personally, per my own standards, allow a person taking on a responsibility, all measure of freedom to deliver on those responsibilities. Includes underhand dealings. Just my standards, no theory behind it.

The problem which is not getting noticed/appreciated is that NaMo is unlikely to get support of media that his advisors do not respect or are willing to abuse. A free public media is like a Yagyan - not for nobody. It is meant for everybody combined.

A rank loser like AK420 has successfully shown how it can be used. Please don't imagine that Congis and assorted RNI and NRNI have not noticed all that. And they do have the resources far in excess of what the Hindus and NaMo bhaktas can manage. Just the way Congress is our collective tamas AK420 is our collective wish for redemption. There is no sense of karma involved.

Kejri choosing the March 23rd as the dt. of declaration of his candidature is a Potential Challenge that is likely to go un-noticed. IMO he is jockeying for the post poll pole position. The excuse has consistently been created in an underhand manner by all manner of vested interests. What is not relevant is the PMPO of the noisetrack. What is relevant is the coinciding of interests. Somebody with enough resources (Congis) can be expected to act as the facilitators for the 'Inquilab'.

Basically only the Hindus benefit from NaMo ascendancy and all non-hindus, for long dependent on a political lifeline (couched in random nice sounding Word) stand to lose to varying degrees.

Not a good sign. Esp. with the advisors in charge that rush off to the SM at every sign of negotiation.

It is NaMo only (not Sangh) bhaktas who have been falling for this illogic. I mean if you have decided that LKA and MMJ are useless idiots then there is nothing to hold you back from dealing with them as such. Idiots can be sold useless deals! right? So why avoid the most likely outcome of your own theory. Reality is fast appearing like there is no plan other then crying wolf. And an over-exposure to AK420 who uses the same tactic of crying wolf at a far far more accentuated level has left me wary of these tactics. This cry wolf tactic was valid when NaMo was the underdog. He friggin is no longer an underdog. In fact the very people who launched LKA and MMJ into stratosphere are the ones who made NaMo the overdog. NaMo personally has begun behaving like one but the NaMo only (not Sangh) bhaktas ably lead by NaMo advisors, are still stuck in their own dharra. For everything there is D4 to accuse. Arre D4 days were gone with the Goa adhiveshan. Now its NaMo days. So at least these advisors have to behave like it is. At this rate with the first adverse battle the NaMo advisors will begin to accuse D4 again. It is understandable to not put a Mandir issue on the shoulders of a person who is essentially a Vaishya Bhaavi but at least the Vaishya has to behave like one true Vaishya. And last I checked a Vaishya too has to strike the right studied balance between cooperation and competition with his opponents. Right now the opponents are nowhere in the FCR screen and D4 are everywhere. I don't fault NaMo (or even his advisors and bhaktas) on this opponent blindness, to ensure the full measure of self-preservation capabilities. But don't you find it odd that the whole of the structure supporting NaMo is china blind and islamist blind and amerikhan blind. Arre overt rivalry for a vaishya is not possible - understand that. But friggin there is a lot of money that this kind handles and a lot of highly studied financial structuring that this kind has learnt. Have you seen any investment in the fit, proper and healthy xenophobia. Without this investment and with an over investment in anti-D4 we will be left with a D4 immunity but left overexposed to Xena the Warrior Princess. Bloody the only time we heard NaMo say anything against China was the time we heard Niku getting finance from China. WTFH! Such short-sightedness. And this when a Vaishya should easily understand that all wealth is essentially sunlight and hence fungible/transferrable/transmittable/willable.

Do remember the Crimea. Angrez ki aulad are still fighting that war after more than a 100 years. The crusades - still on after a 1000 years. Your opponent will not go away without seeking a fight. Sir you are obligated to give them an honest fight. And running off to SM without focusing on the larger issues will leave us with only defenders and no attackers.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Rahul Mehta wrote:What is % population of Hindu voters s in Banaras LOKSABHA constituency ?

Pls note ---- question is NOT about Banaras city or about Banaras District but it is ONLY about Banaras Loksabha constituency?
Hindus 2,627,565
Muslims 497,516
Christians 4,499
http://www.pacsindia.org/varanasi

They constitute 15.9% as per
http://www.aicmeu.org/Muslim_Population ... _India.htm
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Where is our resident Fox Khejri - Is he contesting from Varanasi? I heard on Tv he is but nothing else.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

@SwamyG et al
Analysis of Narendra Modi's candidature from Varanasi by Sandeep Jha (journalist with DD)
काशी का महत्व सिर्फ उत्तर भारत या दक्षिण भारत तक नहीं बल्कि पूरे भारतीय उपमहाद्वीप के लिए है। जो लोग नमो के इतिहास ज्ञान पर सवाल उठा रहे थे उन्हें ये समझ में आना चाहिए कि काशी का महत्व सिर्फ पौराणिक ही नहीं बल्कि सामरिक , आर्थिक और सांस्कृतिक तौर पर काशी बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। काशी विश्वनाथ देवाधिदेव महादेव सिर्फ संभ्रात वर्ग के देवता नहीं बल्कि हाशिए पर पड़े लोगों के , सुरों, असुरों, भुतों प्रेतों के देवता हैं। ये तथ्य अपने आप में महत्वपूर्ण हैं... ब्राह्मणों और बनियों और उत्तराधिपति राजा रामचंद्र की पार्टी मानी जाने वाली भाजपा अब नए आयाम में प्रवेश कर रही है जहां सभ्यता में हाशिये पर पड़े लोगों की आवाज को प्रमुखता दी जानी है। जब पहली बार दुनिया में मगध साम्राज्य के जरिए चक्रवर्ती की कल्पना को साकार रूप दिया जा रहा था तब भी काशी ने अपनी भूमिका महत्वपूर्ण ढंग से निभाई थी... तब ये साम्राज्य हाशिए पर पड़े एक कथित तौर पर एक निम्न कुलोद्भव चंद्रगुप्त के नेतृत्व में हिन्दुकुश से चोल समुद्र तक मगध का पताका फहराने में कामयाब रही थी... जिसके बारे में एक अंग्रेज इतिहासकार ने कहा था कि मौर्यों ने जो सम्राज्य स्थापित किया उसके लिए मुगल जीवन भर तरसते रहे और अंग्रेज जीवन भर लड़ते रहे। सभ्यता के उद्भव से अब तक सिर्फ एक युगपुरूष चलते रहे हैं वो हैं महादेव। सिंधु सभ्यता से अब तक प्रजापति हमारे साथ रहे हैं। जो लोग काशी के पौराणिक और राजनीतिक महत्व में अटके हैं ... वैश्विकरण के दौर में उन्हें ये भी पता होना चाहिए की काशी का लोकेशन आर्थिक तौर पर भी बहुत मजबूत था। ढाका से चलकर पेशावर तक पहुँचने वाली अशोक राजपथ ( ग्रांट ट्रांक रोड ) पर स्थित ही नहीं था बल्कि पूरी दुनिया में व्यापार की रीढ़ माने जाने वाली सिल्क रूट का एक हिस्सा ढाका की मलमल तक बरास्ते बनारस ही पूर्ण होता था। ... ज़ाहिर है नरेंद्र मोदी के और भारतीय जनता पार्टी के इस फैसले को इन्हीं संदर्भों में देखा जाना चाहिए। भारतीय दक्षिणपंथ इस फैसले के जरिए कमंडल आंदोलन की कमियों को दूर करने की चक्रवर्ती रास्ते पर पांव रख चुकी है। हर हर हर महादेव।
Javee
BRF Oldie

Post by Javee »

D4 gang robbed couple seats from TN BJP. Not only did they bend back to accommodate DMDK, they gave away plum seats them. BJP lost a huge opportunity to grow the party in TN.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

skaranam wrote:Have you seen NewX Channel. They had an interview with Anupam Kher and he ripped AK420 into shreds...
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Perhaps we need to keep in mind how rise of NaMo is described by Main Stream Media I.e. comparison with hitler, RaulG telling USA counsel right wing extremism worse than LeT/Islamic terror.

Example: when a gora says India is country of snake charmers, he is probably planning to loot everything else and ignore & destroy as much as possible -except snake charmers. House negros will get a piece of action.

So what is in planning since 2002 while calling NaMo / BJP kommunel? Here is the angle of violence comes in perhaps.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Benarsi Babu (a.k.a niran): If Kejriwal does contest from Varanasi, what is likely to happen? There is Muslim voters and other anti-Modi people, right? AAP and its fund raisers are likely to pour all support there. Modi is likely to win, no? Reassurances needed, please.
Last edited by SwamyG on 16 Mar 2014 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

bjp did lose big time by not tapping in mgr-slogans ahead. amma would have no other option than to get tamed for mgr slogans.

remember, tn voters are genetically fanatic!
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Sanku: Sorry, I cannot read Greek. :(( I guess we should not ask for translation because it is after all link and national language. I just hope BJP does not shove Hindi down the throats of people. And you had the temerity to ask a tamilian read hindi, Kya dost hain aap. :wink:

All whining apart, thanks for that post, i did read and understand :mrgreen: All explanations so far points out how important Kashi was and is. Frankly, an Indian, especially a Hindu already knows the importance of Kashi.

Does this boil down to UP and Bihar now getting some kind of responsibility and importance to send Modi to Dili? When people are given an important onus, they are naturally motivated because of the responsibility and recognition. So that is the energization that comes naturally. Everyone wants to play an important role in this World, and now Purvanchal will own Modi. The dynamics now will galvanize the people - because they sense they are at the cusp of creating history.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Modi will win varanasi, no matter who cong,Paap,sp,bsp, decides to put against him...Modi's win from varanasi is forgone conclusion.

Here on, it is all about how many UP,bihar seat bjp will win having modi run from varanasi
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

gandharva wrote:Ratnakar Tripathi rooting for Modi is like Imam Bukhari for Modi. Brahmins like him r "Hriday" (inner most level) of Congress existence in Cow-belt.
Excitement in Varanasi over Modi’s decision to contest seat

Ratnakar Tripathi a local Congress worker is all for Modi. He says he evokes varied expectations in varied sections of people. He is going to be the biggest ever winner.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/excit ... ef_article
This is what I fear. MPs are not responsible for the local development or even development of the state. It is the state government which supposed to do the ground work. If people of varanasi are hoping Modi will turn it into Gujrat then they are heading for disappointment. The next biggest battle is UP assembly election in 2017. Till then UPwalas will have to bear the filth.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Regardless, people should post translations for stuff they post in a language other than English here. Just to be fair to everyone.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Rahul Mehta: What is % population of Hindu voters s in Banaras LOKSABHA constituency ? Pls note ---- question is NOT about Banaras city or about Banaras District but it is ONLY about Banaras Loksabha constituency?

prasannasimha :
Hindus 2,627,565
Muslims 497,516
Christians 4,499

http://www.pacsindia.org/varanasi. They constitute 15.9% as per http://www.aicmeu.org/Muslim_Population ... _India.htm
No offence to you, prasannasimha. But above data is not for Banaras constituency but for whole Banaras district. And data is if 2001 census. The population as per this 2001 data of Banaras is was 32 lakhs, which means voter population of 32 *0.62 = 19 lakhs. While in 2001, average constituency had only 12 lakh voters. IOW, above numbers dont gave accurate information on % population of Hindus, % population of SC\ST etc in Banaras loksabha constituency

Most dalits are still BSP supporters though many many dalits are indeed are pro-NaMo. But then , not all upper class Hindus are pro-NaMo and/or pro-BJP. Now, my rumor sources say Hindu % population in Banaras loksabha constitency is 65% and of them some 20% are dalits. If this data from my rumor mill is correct, then Banaras is extremely unsafe for NaMo to win. Why is NaMo taking such unsafe constituency. Is anyone forcing him to take such constituency?

If NaMo takes a seat which is only 65% Hindu voters of which 20% are dalit voters, then that means that NaMo cannot speak even H for Hinduvaad, and he will have to speak against Hinduvaad. And he cant even talk against any agenda against paid-media sponsors because otherwise paid-media would make sure that all dalits votes and other non-Hindu votes in Banaras unite against him. Congress leaders can do Delhi in Banaras, i.e. ask all Congress-transferable voters to vote for AK-420. And AK-420 does have appeal in college youth because of corruption issue.

NaMo could have easily won hands down in Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad East or Surat or any of some 12+ constituencies in Gujarat. Even if Gandhinagar is left for LKA, then also there are 11+ safe choices in Gujarat. And there are many other ultra-safe seats in UP as well. Of all places, why did he chose such unsafe seat? Or is Hindu % voters in that constituency are much higher than 65%?

So can someone get % of Hindu voters in Banaras? This is very important question.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

I tried to get that data but the election commission does not give religion wise break up. So we have to extrapolate from daata that we have.
Prasanna
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

prasannasimha wrote:I tried to get that data but the election commission does not give religion wise break up. So we have to extrapolate from daata that we have.
Prasanna
If mmj can win varanasi in 2009 modi will by record margins. I am sure modi must have chosen kashi after due diligence
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Check tweets of erstwhile CONgi bootlickers @Sajaanobanerjee or @sonaliranade

The morons are freaking out. They want SP/BSP/AAP/CON all to support Kejri. If Kejri runs away, they want Sahrukh Khan. They want a Brahmin guy.

I suggested Musharaff since sickulars love Mushy.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

BJP won Varanasi 5 times out of the last 6, so people kindly relax. Modi's win is foregone conclusion.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

One of the news channels did mention that a lot of behind the scene party workers did do surveys and checked the ground reality before deciding Varanasi as a seat .I doubt the seat selection would be done without significant aanalysis by a shrewd politician like Modi.
If you look at it this seat selection has been a pretty shrewd selection - in one stroke he has assured UP voters and the Hindutva. Shows how deft the political analysis is being done. He will also eprobably also contest from Gujarath to show his "roots" and Varanasi shows his "country".
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Chandragupta wrote:BJP won Varanasi 5 times out of the last 6, so people kindly relax. Modi's win is foregone conclusion.
So Modi chose a safe seat. {ducks for cover :rotfl: }