Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Shanmukh »

Latest voting tally in polls
TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 6m

75% polling in 2 seats in Goa, 75% for 3 seats in Assam, 81.8% for 1 seat in Tripura, 76% for 1 LS and 32 assembly seats in Sikkim: EC
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Raja wrote:Bhai log... My blood pressure has been so high ever since I read the bullshit on Guardian and other British newspapers (by so called Indians)... Mind you, I am a reasonable person who tends to look at all sides of the argument but the blatant lies peddled on some of them is driving me crazy. How to bring the blood pressure down!?! If BJP does not win, I don't think I will be able to take it.
Why do you read those? And even if you read why do you think them relevant? Not even 0.01% indians read them. They have their own radical uneducated pakistani population to control and openly they cannot support Modi...yet. With all those wars in mid-east they have found solace in Modi bashing. It is probably their way of convincing themselves that they are still "seculars". That media is not for your consumption. Ignore.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Abhijitm
Same here, let us take a leaf out of the chinese. Show a more serious report in NYT with proofs, the mango chinese will say "it is your newspapel, it will be anti chinese". Due to internet a few more people read this rags today, they have practically no impact in the Indian situation. Pseudo Indian crowd/Lutyen types who flash these reports will never vote for an Indic.
The key here is to take down the paid Indian media. Slap the real corruption cases on couple of them the rest will crawl and beg.
One of the casualities of this election will be these media orgs like reuters/AP/NYT which feed garbage news about India to the west.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Sanjay Baru may have been offered 100's of crores by the congi mafia. It looks like the conscience of this guy may have been very powerful.

I have a few friends who belong to Congress party for last 25 odd years. These were teachers/lecturers. Due to their congressi connection they got flats allotted to them at lower prices. What should have been their right (buying with proper salaries) Congis offered them by making them corrupt. Now several of them while being in congress are voting for Modi. I have been able to convince them about dharmic path. They have realized their children have no future otherwise.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

johneeG wrote: Subbu Swamy not attacking the manly mohan makes me think that perhaps Subbu is amirkhan agent or atleast gets good support from amirkhan. I guess one needs the support of someone or the other to survive and I won't hold it against him. But, I think he was able to survive due to some covert support by amirkhan and manly mohan. And Subbu Swamy's attack on Antonio and Pappu allowed the manly mohan to remain in the hot seat.
French newspaper La Monde had predicted during chandrasekhar govt:

"No matter who forms the next govt. the imf has already decided that manmohan singh will be the finance minister."

Johnee ji, do you understand hindi?

Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

^^^Knives will be out for Siddiramiah if he brings in less than 15 seats for Congi. Parameshwara has been hankering for a Deputy CM post for a long time.

On a personal note, I remember in 2003 he used to live in a rented house in Rajajinagar...went out for morning walk accompanied by just one follower. He sure has come a long way since then.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Anantha wrote:Sanjay Baru may have been offered 100's of crores by the congi mafia. It looks like the conscience of this guy may have been very powerful.
It is far easier and cheaper to threaten bodily harm, and even implenent such threats. Maybe Sonia thought this is as good time as any other. If Congress is going to be routed in 2014, better to allow the book to be released than pose obstacles.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

SaraLax, yes I have read that version. Apparently Mathai facilitated taking the infant to a Christian orphanage since mathai himself was a Christian.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Raja wrote:Bhai log... My blood pressure has been so high ever since I read the bullshit on Guardian and other British newspapers (by so called Indians)... Mind you, I am a reasonable person who tends to look at all sides of the argument but the blatant lies peddled on some of them is driving me crazy. How to bring the blood pressure down!?! If BJP does not win, I don't think I will be able to take it.
Rajaji
Modi will get anywhere from 220-360 seats based on who prepared the report. Even at 220 seats for Modi, Congis are out they cannot form the govt.
Also keep more faith in Satta bazaar. I have more trust in Satta Bazaar than media. :rotfl:
It offeres Modi a lower rate than anyone else for becoming a PM. Lower the rate better the outcome. Currently Satta is showing 1 to 0.38, that is bet 1 rupee and you will get 38 paisa if he wins. If any one thinks Modi will not win, it is time to make a killing by reversing the bet.

I am a huge cricket fan. when a game is ongoing, I use a betting site to see what direction the game is moving. Unlike commentators (especially shastri and Bhogle) and media. betting sites are more accurate in predicting the outcome at each point. why? because it is the money stupid! They have to put their hands on their bank accounts instead of verbal diarrhea.
I hope this cheers you up, also ignore the western media, no one takes them seriously including citizens of their own countries after their role in Iraq war empty (war)heads etc.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

ElectionsUttar Pradesh
Varun my brother, has chosen wrong path: Priyanka Gandhi
IndiaToday.in New Delhi, April 12, 2014 | UPDATED 19:00 IST

Priyanka GandhiA few days after BJP leader Varun Gandhi's praise for cousin Rahul Gandhi's development work in his constituency Amethi raised eyebrows, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said on Saturday that her brother and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi has chosen a wrong path and urged them to lead him to the right way.
Addressing party workers in the Uttar Pradesh's Sultanpur district on Saturday, Priyanka said, "Varun is my brother and has chosen a wrong path. So, I urge you all to lead him to the right way."

On April 1, a controversy had erupted after Varun in a meeting with teachers and NGOs had praised the work done to empower people in Amethi. His words were seen by his critics as praise for his cousin Rahul Gandhi.

"My comment, last night, in a meeting with teachers and NGOs, in response to being asked whether I knew about initiatives in Amethi, was that although I had not seen the work done via self help groups in Amethi, I had heard it was fairly decent, and that I would stress on empowering people towards being self-reliant. It should not be seen as an endorsement of any political party or candidate," Varun later clarified in a tweet.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/varu ... 55445.html
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

One twitterati says he won't be surprised if Sushma and Varuna join the Congress party and he could be right!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Surjit Bhalla ‏@surjitbhalla 6h

Compares like with like, growth indicators, 1993/01 & 2002/12 of Guj with 7 comparable states; my take in FE/IE http://goo.gl/81iYbh
ANI ‏@ANI_news 5h

If Kejriwal contests against Sonia Gandhi from Rae Bareli then me and my followers will support him and will ensure he wins-Ramdev
ANI ‏@ANI_news 5h

Ye Araajak Aadmi Party hai, inka target ab corruption nahi Modi hai, Kejriwal ko Modi-phobia ho gaya hai-Ramdev
Sanjay
BRFite

Post by Sanjay »

Any poll predictions even unofficial ones ? What of the states today - particularly Goa ?
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

merlin wrote:One twitterati says he won't be surprised if Sushma and Varuna join the Congress party and he could be right!

if this happens, it will be the beginning of the fading of the Nehru dynasty. beyond the emotional appeal of victim-hood that "sushma" and "Varun" betrayed "saffron", if you get the underlying message, it is simple: the regime of the Nehru dynasty as we know it is gone. a new era begins. and Varun will eventually have to be dealt with in a similar manner.

the controllers are grasping at straws if they decide to install SS and VG in INC.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Good news!
CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive 11m

Will take 'political sanyas' if Modi gets magic figure: Deve Gowda http://ibnlive.in.com/news/will-take-po ... 35-81.html
Chidu ran away from contesting for Lok sabha but seems to very active giving interviews. Whats up with him?
Firstpost ‏@firstpostin 21m

BJP not good for backward castes, says Mayawati during rally http://dlvr.it/5NQFlM
Myra MacDonald ‏@myraemacdonald 1h

I have never seen a book selling so fast in a Delhi bookshop/any bookshop as Sanjaya Baru's "The Accidental Prime Minister".
Last edited by pankajs on 12 Apr 2014 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

atanu bhuyan ‏@atanubhuyan 15m
After today's poll, my prediction is BJP: 2 and AIUDF: 1. After 2nd phase, my calculations:
BJP: 6
CONG: 1
AIUDF:1 #NarendraModi #Assam
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

devesh wrote:
merlin wrote:One twitterati says he won't be surprised if Sushma and Varuna join the Congress party and he could be right!

if this happens, it will be the beginning of the fading of the Nehru dynasty. beyond the emotional appeal of victim-hood that "sushma" and "Varun" betrayed "saffron", if you get the underlying message, it is simple: the regime of the Nehru dynasty as we know it is gone. a new era begins. and Varun will eventually have to be dealt with in a similar manner.

the controllers are grasping at straws if they decide to install SS and VG in INC.
If Modi/RSS/BJP has any common sense and if they have learned something from past then they should keep these two at peripherals. At to the list Jaitley, Maneka, Ananth et al.
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

Paul wrote:^^^Knives will be out for Siddiramiah if he brings in less than 15 seats for Congi. Parameshwara has been hankering for a Deputy CM post for a long time.

On a personal note, I remember in 2003 he used to live in a rented house in Rajajinagar...went out for morning walk accompanied by just one follower. He sure has come a long way since then.
If you mean Siddharamiah - then he was with JD(S) during that time. Then he jumped ship to INC and is now CM.
Corruption in BJP KA and lots of leaders placed on CM chair , made people really angry - What a monumental waste of a once in 50 year opportunity for BJP to establish themselves firmly in KA.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Raja ji,

You've come to the right place. BRF is the place where one arrives as confused and angry, and after therapy one ends up knowledgeable and angry. In the short term BRF does nothing to heal blood pressure problems, nor I think it helps in developing social skills because secular idealism becomes a victim, and one becomes a lot more paranoid and snappy. Then one tries to do some anger management in group therapy. Sometimes it may help but often anger becomes infectious. The BR admins try to contain the outpouring of some of the anger, lest we all go mad.

A few however learn to channelize anger constructively and try to get to grips with anger through cold analysis.

IMHO, one is angry because one had put faith in the "world" media as objective, fair and sympathetic to those who too believe in freedom and democracy, or because one expects from Western leaders that they remain true to their word that they are upholders of human morality. Anger dissipates when one sees the world as a civilizational war, and need and greed keeps the peace. When one has chosen a side in this civilizational war, then conviction replaces anger.

The West would side with Islam and China against India, because neither Islam nor Christianity really challenge West's soft power, its ideological framework, its sense of moral superiority.

Dharma, Āryatva and Bharat on the other hand can be destructive on Western ideological framework which places the West at the peak of the moral pyramid of world, especially as strengthening of India-centered narrative would mean the Western colonialists, slave-traders, racists, MNCs and the modern states would become demonized, basically become the bad guys in their own ideological framework. Not a pleasant outcome for them. As a former colony, as formerly oppressed, India has automatically a higher standing in the morality ladder and can make a better case for the oppressed.

What one sees in the Western press against Modi, and Hindutva is an expression of angst that the moment has come when Indians would start giving the West moral jhappads powered by both increased soft and hard power.

Even our imbecile Chacha Nehru got a bit uppity and started moralizing, and that too without a sound ideological framework nor hard power, but only on the basis of being a newly independent country. India was soon slapped by China to stay in our place.

This time it would be different! So as India rises, let the dogs bark!
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

amma in rally said that ec had asked the party not to put photo or name of the candidate ' not even say it in public, what kind of nonsense is this if its true
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Dont put too much faith in the numbers .. just accept it as an indicator that some jatav votes are in play for Modi.
iMac_too ‏@iMac_too 1h

Cicero Poll: BJP's getting 29% dalit vote & Mayawati 25% in UP. Incredible, if true. @headlinestoday
maitas66 ‏@chinmaykrvd 3h

Mind blowing results set to emerge from Odisha and Bengal.543 will update the analysis soon
Last edited by pankajs on 12 Apr 2014 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

The can rebuild the party. Downtown Srinagar and Old city Hyderabad are waiting for them.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

VG looks more "normal" than RG despite his lack of father growing up and no support of in-laws either. he might actually be able to marry, start a family and put a more normal facade on top. being the son of SG, he surely would have the same leadership and power hunger genes.

in short one senses a gentle Plan-B in motion with RG probably fading out into a vague org role like "chief agile evangelist" or "process improvement czar in CTO office"
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Deepak Singh ‏@smarket 4h

The creation of NAC in June 2004 was the first overt sign that Sonia's renunciation of power was a tactical move and not "inner voice" ~Baru

Sonia'a NAC was created by executive order just like Nehru created Planning commission

Dayanidhi Maran was forcing Ratan Tata to do a deal that would benefit his brother. Ratan Tata conveyed his disapproval to PM on this

Prithviraj Chavan was leaking anti Sharad Pawar news to media on instructions from party leadership. Manmohan considered Pawar his friend

Sharad Pawar backed all pet projects of Manmohan Singh which Arjun Singh and AK Antony used to resist. Antony was very difficult to handle
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

There is too much of bad blood between MG and SG for VG and MG to go back to Congress.
In fact SG would rather let Congress go to dogs than let it be proclaimed that shahzada was incompetent nincompoop. Anyways the dynasty is not going anywhere even if Cong is decimated in these election. There is always hope for next election.
satya
BRFite

Post by satya »

Let's see :

Book came out , what a rude shock for SG . Last ditch efforts so Priyanka is trying publicily to patch things up with her long lost cousin . How cute ! Where were those family ties when more hands were searching for late Sanjay's particular watch then for his arthi ! It will nothing short of a miracle if Family survives this political oblivion they are heading into . Mama Gandhi never thought that her son will be that dumb yet big hearted at same time when not required giving worst nightmares to family. Mama doesn't know whom to ask for advise anymore as people who pushed for Rahul baba knew what sort of person he was & will turn into , they need to further their interests which he did . Anyhow its too late but still one last try by ever charming Priyanka with her colgate smile .
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

singha: VG is married.. may even have a kid.. surprisingly, his wife is plain looking.
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

Singha wrote:in short one senses a gentle Plan-B in motion with RG probably fading out into a vague org role like "chief agile evangelist" or "process improvement czar in CTO office"
Where do I apply for such jobs? I guess it :rotfl: s only for insiders.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Other than Gandhi "pedigree" and ill-gotten wealth, which she can neither show off too much of in the future nor may be allowed to keep, Priyanka doesn't have anything speaking for her.

I simply can't understand how people can swoon about her "good" looks and similarity to Indira. Sure beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but in her case it has more to do with her family history, power and sense of arrogance, and some people like that. Or is it her fair color? I don't know.

But we as Indians should really start treating the Gandhis like the mediocre crap they are, showing no deference to them.
member_21074
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_21074 »

Saral wrote:singha: VG is married.. may even have a kid.. surprisingly, his wife is plain looking.
VG had an infant kid who passed away last year. He was on brief leave to stay with his wife and soon returned to take part in poll campaign.

On another note:
As per 5forty3, IM vote consolidation is not as intense as expected earlier. If true, this is a good sign.
In Bihar , smart handling of patna blast during rally by NaMo has won some extra muslim vote % for BJP. For what it is worth, JDU may be looking at very tough future.
Again, it goes without saying above facts are work of fiction with good proportion of fantasy involved :D :D
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

When you're competition is Pappu I'd guess even mediocre would seem like a better option.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

RajeshA ^ I liked that last line. respect is earned by competence, humility and delivery. these "late mughal" gandhis did neither.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

The party that was started by a Foreigner will fade into oblivion by another foreigner. The life comes full circle for Congress.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

People need to tweet at the Headlines Today site to really give the impression on RG's interview.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kanchan Gupta ‏@KanchanGupta 1h

Dear phony liberals and fraudulent secularists, forget the 'Idea of India'; here's the Story of India (via @Raj54289) pic.twitter.com/AxMLePuJv8
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

asraghunath Raghunath AS 4m
Bengal ‘dog’ adds fuel to election fire! pic.twitter.com/zazwGbACZ6
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

asraghunath Raghunath AS 20m
Rattled by first three phases of elections, Rahul calls an emergency meeting to devise strategy for next rounds pic.twitter.com/iFkRF1xskZ
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

shahid siddiqui ‏@shahid_siddiqui 37m

Javed was very easy on Rahul. It looked like a choreographed interview.
NDTV ‏@ndtv 37m

Battleground 2014: Forecast for Haryana (opinion poll trend for seats) http://ndtv.in/1hungA6 pic.twitter.com/XrRpCYnkad
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

iMac_too ‏@iMac_too 2h

Cicero Bihar: Yadav voters 29% Lalu & 47% BJP. Lalu is losing his own vote-bank. Yaduwanshi Dwarka ke taraf dekh raha hai. @headlinestoday
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Yaduwanshi Dwaraka ke taraf dekh raha hai. Wah re waw. I heard at lot of places in Bihar, BJP crossed 50% threshold at seat level.