Brussels airport terror attack

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
schinnas
BRFite

Re: Brussels airport terror attack

Post by schinnas »

RIP those that died. After Paris attacks, and California shooting, this major attack in western Europe will have ripple effects in the public perception in the West. Right wing parties that propagate hard stance against immigration and muslims will gain prominence. Trump will cruise through now. The public debate will shed political correctness and start debating the real issue - What is wrong with Islam and how to tackle it.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

nirav wrote:
Manish_P wrote:I know i will be in a minority of one, but still i will say it

Let's not have a separate thread for every such incident outside our country and give it more importance than it deserves
+1

No one in Paris/Brussels gives a flying fack for terror strikes in desh.
Libtartds will now start I stand with Brussels fb display pic non sense.. We here dont have to give undue importance to actions by "non state" actors overseas. As a peace loving and law abiding country , India must ask Brussels to exercise restraint and compile a dossier of proof.

Request mods to start an "International terror attacks" thread.
Minority of 3. Call it "Dunia-wide Pakistaniyat"
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: European Security Environment

Post by UlanBatori »

M. Erkyool pwaroh must be on his way on le Train Grand Vitesse d'Oriente. Oh, sorry! La Gare d'Broosell il et ferme.

Now if NATO can go and bomb some Yezidis, this could all be settled nicely...
Shanu
BRFite

Post by Shanu »

^^
Make it 4. Its the same old case of the little snake growing up to bite his master. Haven't we seen it multiple times before in Bakistan, Middle East, EU and the USA. All, supporters of 'selective terrorism'.

Added later: the attack on the Airport happened near the counter of American Airlines and the metro attack happened close to the EU Headquarters. The symbolism is hard to miss.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

UlanBatori wrote: Minority of 3. Call it "Dunia-wide Pakistaniyat"
:cry:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Islamism thread.

Newspaper report says Spanish Foreign Minister José Manuel García-Margallo has attributed todays Brussels attack to Mohammadden group, Islamic State. No details given on any underlying information that has made the Spanish Foreign Minister say this. However given the repeated acts of violence being unleashed by followers of Mohammaddenism around the world, I will not at all be surprised that this act of terrorism has been committed by individual/s motivated by Mohammadden religion:

Spanish FM attributes Brussels attack to IS
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Slowly political correctness is going out of the window in EU nations.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

After Paris, I was expecting the next terror attack would happen somewhere in Germany or UK. There was a car bomb explosion in Berlin last week which was not a 'success'. Also, there was a major (read imminent) terror alert for UK last week. However, Abdeslam's arrest must have forced the scums to hit sooner and close to home rather than Germany or UK.

I still expect the next one to be in Germany or UK.

-M
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

After Belgium, France Germany and UK have largest jiha di numbers
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Yagnasri wrote:Slowly political correctness is going out of the window in EU nations.
Not so slowly. I'm in Holland at the moment, Brussels just a short train ride away - and the people I'm meeting were already infuriated over the incidents of the past half-year. Now it is a deadening mood, in short thy don't give a damn what their militaries and governments do in the Middle East or against Muslims or against Islam, they'll just shrug and carry on with their daily lives. In short, a lot of EU citizens wouldn't care if they just bombed the crap out of the entire Middle East. They won't talk much about it, but there will be no major outcry.

There will be the usual whiners going on... but people have come to accept it seems to me that if it takes some sort of comprehensive action (even internal) against the followers of the one true god, maybe that's for the best with the bracketed part being (and then we can all get on with our lives as before). In short, there will be enough multiculturalism without the Islamic guys. Trouble is, if it happens, a lot of ordinary folk who were born Muslim but really don't give a crap about Islam will get trawled into the net as well.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

As per 'experts' on sky and all terrorists are a step ahead of police in sophistication, they are gauging response time with every attack, they are learning new techniques of making bums & using new communication tools, which are bypassing intelligence.

added later
For sure Europe will be flash point between Xtianity & Islam, it won't be America , it won't be Asia.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

There are many raids going on at this moment. Public prosecutor has banned the media to report anything on police movement or other information that can damage on-going operations. this is how it is done.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

some context would have helped. diving straight into the thread I couldn't make head or tail of the relevance.
Akshay Kapoor
Forum Moderator

Post by Akshay Kapoor »

JE Menon wrote:
Yagnasri wrote:Slowly political correctness is going out of the window in EU nations.
Not so slowly. I'm in Holland at the moment, Brussels just a short train ride away - and the people I'm meeting were already infuriated over the incidents of the past half-year. Now it is a deadening mood, in short thy don't give a damn what their militaries and governments do in the Middle East or against Muslims or against Islam, they'll just shrug and carry on with their daily lives. In short, a lot of EU citizens wouldn't care if they just bombed the crap out of the entire Middle East. They won't talk much about it, but there will be no major outcry.

There will be the usual whiners going on... but people have come to accept it seems to me that if it takes some sort of comprehensive action (even internal) against the followers of the one true god, maybe that's for the best with the bracketed part being (and then we can all get on with our lives as before). In short, there will be enough multiculturalism without the Islamic guys. Trouble is, if it happens, a lot of ordinary folk who were born Muslim but really don't give a crap about Islam will get trawled into the net as well.

JE are they (your dutch interlocutors) able to make a difference between brown Hindus and the Paki and Arab followers of the religion of Peace ?
ashvin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ashvin »

^
Average European cannot make the difference (my experience). I have been frisked twice and at one point at gun point by the cops, simply because of the way I looked. Of course now I am bit nervous, because I kept a beard. I hate shaving and I usually grow a beard for my ski vacation. I will have to shave tonight!
So, the average SDREY has to be careful and be aware of the environment he is in.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>JE are they (your dutch interlocutors) able to make a difference between brown Hindus and the Paki and Arab followers of the religion of Peace ?

No they are not. Forget that, they are unable to make out the difference between local mixed race people. So virtually anyone not North European white is potentially suspect. Gradually this is already happening.

Anecdote: friend of mine has a half-white/half-black son who, as it happens often in such cases, looks "north African" (usually referred to generically as "Moroccan" here). He has noted that over the past year or so, he does not get requests for assistance from older ladies, or stuff like that - which is very common here. He's 16.

Subtly, unnoticeably, the situation is changing. It won't be good for Indians or others who are as much victims of Islamic terror as the Europeans are.

And please note, the Dutch are probably the most liberal and non-xenophobic people on the planet. They are very welcoming and friendly in general. Every race is here, and there is major inter-racial mixing across the board. The situation, for instance, in Germany or France must be much worse.
member_29190
BRFite

Post by member_29190 »

Akshay Kapoor wrote: JE are they (your dutch interlocutors) able to make a difference between brown Hindus and the Paki and Arab followers of the religion of Peace ?
Speaking from exp in UK, a Brit white friend did not even know there is something called "Hindus" and it is the third largest after Christianity & Islam. He has a Masters degree.

Rest assured we all non-whites will be Muslims.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Manish_P wrote:I know i will be in a minority of one, but still i will say it

Let's not have a separate thread for every such incident outside our country and give it more importance than it deserves
+1000001.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

^ I suppose we as Indians are supposed to be aware of every damn shyte that happens in Europe. But no one gives a fig's leaf about similar issues in India when things happen.

I second the posters on one of the other threads on this same attack - why have multiple threads on BRF for each foreign attack? Just have a single thread for all such issues abroad, or stay with the current country specific threads on the strat forum. (x-posting this on the feedback thread.)

(No offense to rsingh-ji, who I believe lives in the area. Glad to hear you are safe.)
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Did Donald Trump predict Brussels?

Donald Trump Finds New City to Insult: Brussels
Jan 27, 2016
Now Donald J. Trump has upset the already beleaguered people of Belgium, calling its capital, Brussels, “a hellhole.”

Asked by the Fox Business Network anchor Maria Bartiromo about the feasibility of his proposal to bar foreign Muslims from entering the United States, Mr. Trump argued that Belgium and France had been blighted by the failure of Muslims in these countries to integrate.

“There is something going on, Maria,” he said. “Go to Brussels. Go to Paris. Go to different places. There is something going on and it’s not good, where they want Shariah law, where they want this, where they want things that — you know, there has to be some assimilation. There is no assimilation. There is something bad going on.”

Warming to his theme, he added that Brussels was in a particularly dire state. “You go to Brussels — I was in Brussels a long time ago, 20 years ago, so beautiful, everything is so beautiful — it’s like living in a hellhole right now,” Mr. Trump continued.

Heck, I agree with him. Trump is the only politician who has openly talked against Islamic terrorism.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

arshyam wrote:^ I suppose we as Indians are supposed to be aware of every damn shyte that happens in Europe. But no one gives a fig's leaf about similar issues in India when things happen
The way these attacks will shift public opinion and affect political shenanigans in Europe and the US will have a direct bearing on the diplomatic positions they and their news media take on legal and extra-legal means used to tackle the jihadi bolshevik virus in Desh. It is also an opportunity to form new direct links with newly sympathetic sections in those societies - so far only indeological Left sections have these international links. For these strategic reasons, it is important to follow these attacks in Europe/US, IMHO.

Regarding Euros or Amirkhans not being able to tell apart Indians from Ayrabs/Pakis - part of the fault is with Indians living there. They do not reach out and engage with all levels of society in those countries, but either huddle together in their own expat circles, or hobnob only with a thin slice of their professional peers in those societies. I once met a redneck who asked me, "I just took my son to the doctor, and she was Indian. Why do you guys bomb our twin towers, fight us in Iraq, hate us all the time, and still come here and take our jobs?" After I told him we were different and have been dealing with jihad for much longer that them, he was so relieved, almost thrilled to hear that - and then went and told all his buddies. Note - these were also loosely affiliated with networks of gun-toting survivalists who form "Christian militias" preparing for civil war when the time comes. For them its actually a huge relief to know that a big part of what they see as "the enemy" are not enemy but can actually be "ally". Indians living in those societies need to have these conversations with sections of those societies they may otherwise feel uncomfortable about because of their "racist" reputation. Once you get to know them, they're actually very simple, warm people, despite their eccentricities and ridiculous theories.
member_29218
BRFite

Post by member_29218 »

KJo wrote:
Heck, I agree with him. Trump is the only politician who has openly talked against Islamic terrorism.
He finds resonance in the most unlikely of places in the US and has allies where you wouldn't expect him to. Americans are terrified of terrorism on home soil although couldn't care much about anything happening elsewhere. Not surprising his rhetoric is finding traction and a following.

Dark times ahead for all of us.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Question is, has Belgium & EU done enough for its minorities? We have to see the root cause of this armed struggle by poor & marginalised minorities against the Capitalistic christian hegemonic states. The discrimination - both racial & communal of the poor, uneducated & unemployed Muslim & Arab youth is the reason why so many of these innocent young chaps get drawn to becoming armed militants and is the root cause of unfortunate incidents like these. Europe can do more, it must do more. I implore the Secular Republic of India to send a team of neutral observers to observe & take account of the protection of minority rights in Europe.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Very well said, Chandragupta Ji
kvjayan
BRFite

Post by kvjayan »

And the revolutionaries in JNU may organise a "cultural festival" to mark the occasion.
Chandragupta wrote:Question is, has Belgium & EU done enough for its minorities? We have to see the root cause of this armed struggle by poor & marginalised minorities against the Capitalistic christian hegemonic states. The discrimination - both racial & communal of the poor, uneducated & unemployed Muslim & Arab youth is the reason why so many of these innocent young chaps get drawn to becoming armed militants and is the root cause of unfortunate incidents like these. Europe can do more, it must do more. I implore the Secular Republic of India to send a team of neutral observers to observe & take account of the protection of minority rights in Europe.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I agree with Chandragupta.

I think instead of jeeehadis reaching out to the whites in EU, the whites should make all attempt to accommodate the jeehadis in their mix. Violence becomes the jeehadis only option since EU denies every opportunity for them to express themselves.

EU should chant, Aslim Taslam along with paying the Dhimmi tax and none of this would have happened. Chanting "Death to yiiisssraaaaelllllll" will also help. (If NSA is listening in, this is a message to NSA: /SARC)
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

kvjayan wrote:And the revolutionaries in JNU may organise a "cultural festival" to mark the occasion.

[quote="Chandragupta">>]..
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
But if there is such a beefed up cultural festival, then international orgs related to the (security) issue will not be able to involve themselves in 'controversial issue', wherein the leftist 'fringe groups' (aka violent Maoists) will be called out for apathy of human rights. Can't happen.

Ex. Have you seen Greenpiece involving themselves in illegal cattle transportation in India? No, that would be too controversial and then not much manpower for everything and so on and so forth.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Agnimitra wrote:
arshyam wrote:^ I suppose we as Indians are supposed to be aware of every damn shyte that happens in Europe. But no one gives a fig's leaf about similar issues in India when things happen
The way these attacks will shift public opinion and affect political shenanigans in Europe and the US will have a direct bearing on the diplomatic positions they and their news media take on legal and extra-legal means used to tackle the jihadi bolshevik virus in Desh. It is also an opportunity to form new direct links with newly sympathetic sections in those societies - so far only indeological Left sections have these international links. For these strategic reasons, it is important to follow these attacks in Europe/US, IMHO.
Agnimitra-ji, I don't have an issue with following and analysing these incidents. On the contrary, I am all for it. My objection is to give these things more importance than they deserve, considering we don't get any reciprocity from these people.
Agnimitra wrote:Regarding Euros or Amirkhans not being able to tell apart Indians from Ayrabs/Pakis - part of the fault is with Indians living there. They do not reach out and engage with all levels of society in those countries, but either huddle together in their own expat circles, or hobnob only with a thin slice of their professional peers in those societies. I once met a redneck who asked me, "I just took my son to the doctor, and she was Indian. Why do you guys bomb our twin towers, fight us in Iraq, hate us all the time, and still come here and take our jobs?" After I told him we were different and have been dealing with jihad for much longer that them, he was so relieved, almost thrilled to hear that - and then went and told all his buddies. Note - these were also loosely affiliated with networks of gun-toting survivalists who form "Christian militias" preparing for civil war when the time comes. For them its actually a huge relief to know that a big part of what they see as "the enemy" are not enemy but can actually be "ally". Indians living in those societies need to have these conversations with sections of those societies they may otherwise feel uncomfortable about because of their "racist" reputation. Once you get to know them, they're actually very simple, warm people, despite their eccentricities and ridiculous theories.
Interesting point here, agree on the 'part of the fault'. The rest of the fault is their own faulty education system. I was watching a film on the McCain-Palin campaign last night, and the good lady couldn't tell who was the head of the govt in the UK, nor could she differentiate between N and S Korea, and yet she got resounding applause from her party base (one level of the society you mention). And this is about countries alongside whom they fought the punishing WW2 and the Korean wars. Given all this, it is too much to expect Indians to go edumacate them about their ignorance about India, which is mostly off the radar.

Another reason is, some of these poorer white types induce fear in desis to an extent. No one knows what the other guy is packing. I had this experience in a "waffle house" in Texas, as red-necky as it gets (we were dirt poor grad students then), where a young white kid accused us of being from eye-raq. He didn't look a day beyond 20, but from his stoned looks, his pickup truck outside probably packed a weapon or two, and he might have been inclined to use it going by the way he spoke. It took one of my friends in the group who spoke the local lingo (he was from the Carribbean) to defuse the situation. Now, how can I go educate such a guy? He wouldn't even understand what I speak, even though we'll be speaking the same language :). I know he does not represent everyone, but such experiences define one's perception. So such places are best avoided.

Desis in the US being well off, will simply stay away from such haunts, or other similar places where one can interact with that strata of society. The same goes for black Americans - desis don't interact much with them either. There is perhaps a racial element too, but that's another topic for another day.

Having said that, after having interacted with many educated and well-off goras in workplace, college, etc., not once have I been asked about such incidents in India, or expressing any commiseration. Not once. So much for education spreading awareness. At the end of the day, no one cares unless it impacts their homes. Perhaps the biggest reason why even well-aware desis sticking to their kind. JMT.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Well they have around 600 state security employees and half the jihadi population of entire EU. What the phuck were they expecting?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ashvin and rsingh thanks for reporting your safety. Please be careful. Thanks once again.

ramana
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shanu wrote:^^
Make it 4. Its the same old case of the little snake growing up to bite his master. Haven't we seen it multiple times before in Bakistan, Middle East, EU and the USA. All, supporters of 'selective terrorism'.

Added later: the attack on the Airport happened near the counter of American Airlines and the metro attack happened close to the EU Headquarters. The symbolism is hard to miss.
And CNN despite this being reported on BBC did not ever mention that the counter was American Airlines.

That geek Anderson just kept saying airline departure terminal. No mention of American Airlines.

its an attack on US interests and is being swept under.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

CNN wrote:
Possible suspects pictured at airport

A surveillance photo of possible suspects in the Brussels attacks has been passed to the U.S. Joint Terrorism Task Force by Belgian authorities, a U.S. law enforcement official says.

The picture appears to show three men pushing luggage carts. No suspects have been named, and it is unclear how many individuals authorities believe were involved in the attack.
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

Someone message trump on twitter. He will spread the word. The EU's seem to have been caught napping or was a false flag (with ISIS happy to take credit for mouse farting too nowadays) to prevent any deal with turkis. Just thinking out aloud.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Shaun wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: Minority of 3. Call it "Dunia-wide Pakistaniyat"
:cry:
Its called Global TNT.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Chandragupta wrote:Question is, has Belgium & EU done enough for its minorities? We have to see the root cause of this armed struggle by poor & marginalised minorities against the Capitalistic christian hegemonic states. The discrimination - both racial & communal of the poor, uneducated & unemployed Muslim & Arab youth is the reason why so many of these innocent young chaps get drawn to becoming armed militants and is the root cause of unfortunate incidents like these. Europe can do more, it must do more. I implore the Secular Republic of India to send a team of neutral observers to observe & take account of the protection of minority rights in Europe.
Are you kidding? Your so called minorities specializes in child producing. I know faithfools given big City house for his his seven piglets. No body in family works. Eldest has a rapport with police........for scratching my new car. House free. take unemployment benefit and laugh at people who rush to work be it rain or snow. They shop in cheap Aldi stores and halal shop. On Eid they butcher the lamb in backyard (it is prohibited to do so). No body stops muslim youth from going to school. it is free.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Photos os suspects
http://www.dhnet.be/

caption reads: they have glouse in one hand where they had triggers .
Last edited by rsingh on 22 Mar 2016 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^

Why is butchering lambs prohibited? If white Christians can butcher cows and conduct wholesale massacre of turkeys then it is unjust to deny similar leeway to immigrants.

And what's wrong with unemployment benefits? Chuck your job and claim the same :).

Mind you these people are the ones uprooted due to mindless bombings and killings in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

rsingh wrote: Are you kidding? Your so called minorities specializes in child producing. I know faithfools given big City house for his his seven piglets. No body in family works. Eldest has a rapport with police........for scratching my new car. House free. take unemployment benefit and laugh at people who rush to work be it rain or snow. They shop in cheap Aldi stores and halal shop. On Eid they butcher the lamb in backyard (it is prohibited to do so). No body stops muslim youth from going to school. it is free.
Butchering lambs is an islamic tradition and EU must allow them to do so anywhere they please. Freedom of faith and expression.

School should be made islamic enough and every kid in the school be familiar with Islamic traditions so that these people dont feel like outsiders. Every activity should be stopped 5 times a day and Sunday should be moved to Friday.

EU folks cannot complain if such liberal freedoms are not provided for the Islamic faith. Such attacks will continue to occur when their voices go unheard.

//written like how every sanctimonious mofo in eu-land talks to India after a terror attack against us.