Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan-Jan 24, 2

Post by Agnimitra »

Rudradev wrote: And another thing. People here want "visible" action. I was not alive at the time of the '71 war but I know some forum-ites certainly were. I would like to ask them for their recollections: at the time we were arming, training and deploying the Mukti Bahini, was this involvement widely trumpeted in the Indian news media? Did the GOI go around shouting from the rooftops about how it was giving Pakistan all these highly effective jhaapads, and protecting India's "H&D" by doing so,? I seriously doubt it, myself, but I would sincerely like to know.
My father was a student at the time. He says during those days Pakistan would publish daily lists of Indian agints working in E.Pak as Mukti Bahini. I think most Indian news readers knew we were helping, but we would justify it on the basis of the millions of refugees fleeing genocide, whom we were accepting into the country.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

In 1965 my father was posted at Fazilka and Pakistan radio was broadcasting that Baki forces have already taken Fazilka and are moving Malout and Bathinda. Next day they broadcasting they are in between Malaout and Bathinda.

In 1971 I use to listen to the Akashvani Radio all news about Bangladesh.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

During the lead up to the 71 war there were these 'news' shows during intermission of movies in the theater as well as newspaper reports of refugees streaming into India with their meagre belongings. As a kid, it was hard to comprehend the genocide that was going on and why they were fleeing. There were enough rumblings about war before it happened. Even as kids, we knew that Indian Army was fighting. There were no delusions about Mukti Bahini being the main force.

My father was in Min of Defense and would return late at night. Later we learned that they staged aircrafts before they flew out on bombing runs in the evening. My friend's dad served on the Vikrant and was shipped out.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

MUST WATCH !

Ek din hum jooto se maar ke Paki fauj ko maar bhagayenge Brave POK Women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p-37IR7bXA
milano
BRFite -Trainee

Post by milano »

The histrionics are getting louder from the Pak Military. All their rags have been headlining with the COAS' speech at some seminar (participants not really mentioned) at Gwadar.

From a sample article, I quote:

"The COAS, while briefing the seminar about the positives of the project, also discussed the gravity of the prevailing challenges faced by the country with respect to CPEC.

“I must highlight that India, our immediate neighbor, has openly challenged this development initiative. We all know that hostile intelligence agencies are averse to this grand project.

“I would like to make a special reference to Indian Intelligence Agency, RAW, that is blatantly involved in destabilizing Pakistan. Let me make it clear that we will not allow anyone to create impediments and turbulence in any part of Pakistan,” said General Raheel.

The army chief assured the attendees that the security of CPEC was Pakistan Army’s “national undertaking” and that they will not leave “any stone unturned”. “We will continue to keep a close watch at its every step,” he added.

General Raheel said that a force comprising fifteen thousand men was responsible to secure the project under the ambit of Special Security Division."

Full article:http://nation.com.pk/national/12-Apr-20 ... -all-costs - all the other rags' articles are the same.

In reading these, it reinforces the notion that all this RAW business is meant for the domestic audience and aimed at whipping up support for the Army.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Milano wrote:
In reading these, it reinforces the notion that all this RAW business is meant for the domestic audience and aimed at whipping up support for the Army.
And all bad things (for Paki army) will be blamed on RAW..
milano
BRFite -Trainee

Post by milano »

shiv wrote:
Milano wrote:
And all bad things (for Paki army) will be blamed on RAW..
But of course! And let's not forget water levels, earthquakes, weather patterns etc.

I think we are back to the good old days, and I quite wish that an opportunity to unleash a big can of whoop-*ss avails itself, like when Paki Army tried to test the fairly new Modi govt along the borders and LC. :twisted:
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Humor for the day ...
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1083722/pak ... -the-west/
Pakistan concerned at rising Islamophobia in the West
Amid growing Islamophobia in the west, Pakistan has voiced deep concerns at what it called a “sharp rise in hate speech, discriminatory acts and social hostility against Muslims”, particularly in the countries where they are in minority.

“We are also witnessing an increase in instances of physical and psychological violence against Muslims and their businesses and places of worship. Muslim minorities are being alienated and marginalised. Many of them live in fear,” said Prime Minister’s Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz
{Wonder what happens to the minorities, Ahmadis, Shias of Bakistan}

Aziz also spoke about the current challenges facing the Muslim countries, particularly disunity and problems of terrorism and extremism. In these difficult times, solidarity and unity of the Ummah is needed more than at any other time in our 1,400 years’ long history, he added.
“Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif acted in this spirit when he visited the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Islamic Republic of Iran in January 2016. We are thankful for the cooperation we received from our brothers,” he told the conference. {Sure, the King of Sand was feeling very brotherly towards this miskeen}
AniB
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AniB »

Shridhar wrote: " I thought that in the election campaigns leading up to his first term, Barack Obama appeared to be the sanest in understanding the Pakistani duplicity and programme. Certainly, no American Presidential contender had spoken as harshly as Obama about Pakistan. And yet, the fact that Ms. C.Fair has to write such an article at the fag end of the second term of the same Obama, tells us something, doesn't it?"
First it illuminates how POTUS is a show for the public. The multitude of grey men at State, Pentagon. langley, restrict any executive's options through inertia.
Secondly, US public is a lively culture and learns (over decades). Popular TV, web sites, several congressmen are seeing TSP as it is. Osama in Abottabad is unforgettable. Christine is riding this wave. Fine.
At about the same time when she was interning at GW around 2010, another individual was also carving a niche in Sooth Asian studies. http://www.cfr.org/experts/india-pakist ... blications
Less sensational, and I believe better heard by military. But he has been going in a different direction premising that TSP is the dragons paw.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Defence & Diplomacy: India's Union Budget 2016 17

deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

AniB wrote:...
First it illuminates how POTUS is a show for the public. The multitude of grey men at State, Pentagon. langley, restrict any executive's options through inertia.
Secondly, US public is a lively culture and learns (over decades). Popular TV, web sites, several congressmen are seeing TSP as it is. Osama in Abottabad is unforgettable. Christine is riding this wave. Fine.
At about the same time when she was interning at GW around 2010, another individual was also carving a niche in Sooth Asian studies. http://www.cfr.org/experts/india-pakist ... blications
Less sensational, and I believe better heard by military. But he has been going in a different direction premising that TSP is the dragons paw.
AniB, thanks for the pointer. It will take me some time to go through these. I had not read anything from him so far.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

India undermining Gwadar project: Pakistan army chief - ToI
Pakistan's army chief on Tuesday accused India of seeking to undermine his country's $46 billion project to build an economic corridor to transport goods from China's western regions through the Pakistani deepwater port of Gwadar.

Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, speaking at a development conference on the impact of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), said the significance of a Pakistan-China economic alliance had "raised eyebrows" in the region.

"In this context, I must highlight that India, our immediate neighbour, has openly challenged this development initiative," Sharif told the conference in Gwadar.

"I would like to make a special reference to Indian intelligence agency RAW that is blatantly involved in destabilising Pakistan. Let me make it clear that we will not allow anyone to create impediments and turbulence in any part of Pakistan. Therefore, it is important for all to leave behind confrontation and focus on cooperation."

Pakistan believes India is supporting a separatist insurgency in resource-rich Baluchistan. It also accuses India of fuelling strife in the city of Karachi. India denies any such meddling.
Shanu
BRFite

Post by Shanu »

All hail the brave Baki Fauj !!!

They are now launching airstrikes on a group of dacoits in Rajanpur, Punjab province. Civilians have been asked to evacuate the area (wait.. aren't dacoits also civilians :P ).

And the Baki mard-e-momeen are hailing this as the tough Baki state action for strong Law & Order.

When Mr. Ashton Kurter said F-16s are not for use against India, who would have thought that they are actually meant to be used against Daakus. :mrgreen:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

AniB wrote:Secondly, US public is a lively culture and learns (over decades). Popular TV, web sites, several congressmen are seeing TSP as it is. Osama in Abottabad is unforgettable. Christine is riding this wave. Fine.

AniB, why do you think that the two (Ms. Fair & Mr. Markey) are divergent? I would argue that, from an Indian PoV, both are right and reinforce each other. May be an American doesn't feel it that way. Let me explain.

Ms. C.Fair analyzes and exposes the 'civilizational hostility' that the PA (and because of that, 'The Establishment' and the rest of Pakistan) nurtures against India. In fact, the PA is not the main culprit. It is actually the product of the ashraf of the Ganga-Jamuna belt. If we dig deeper, we would say, the foundations were indeed laid by Sheik Ahmed Sirhindi [better known as Mujaddid-Alf-e-Thani (Reformer of the Second Islamic Millennium)] and his disciple Sheikh Waliullah in the 18th century. Allama Iqbal, Jinnah, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Raja of Mahmudabad, Sheikh Madani et al were either directly or indirectly influenced by these people. So, the PA is simply carrying forward 'all the good work' done by these people that stretches three centuries back.

TSP's behaviour is conditioned by this reflex action. It had to seek alliances to hold aloft the 'flag' first unfurled in the 17th century by Sheikh Sirhindi, in order to take on an adversary several times bigger than her. It was the UK, US and then China. So, where is the problem?
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

SSridhar wrote:India undermining Gwadar project: Pakistan army chief - ToI
Pakistan's army chief on Tuesday accused India of seeking to undermine his country's $46 billion project to build an economic corridor to transport goods from China's western regions through the Pakistani deepwater port of Gwadar.

Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, speaking at a development conference on the impact of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), said the significance of a Pakistan-China economic alliance had "raised eyebrows" in the region.

"In this context, I must highlight that India, our immediate neighbour, has openly challenged this development initiative," Sharif told the conference in Gwadar.

"I would like to make a special reference to Indian intelligence agency RAW that is blatantly involved in destabilising Pakistan. Let me make it clear that we will not allow anyone to create impediments and turbulence in any part of Pakistan. Therefore, it is important for all to leave behind confrontation and focus on cooperation."
Raheel Shariff has all the qualifications to become a Paki news anchor post retirement this year.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Jhujar wrote:Defence & Diplomacy: India's Union Budget 2016 17

All things considered, rather calm and rational for a Pak discussion - even if there is a lot of nonsense and poorly fact checked comments bandied about.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Shiv Ji :

AAp kay Anoorodh kay Anoosar :
shiv wrote:
Peregrine wrote:Mods : Checked Threads for past Six Months but unable find J & K Thread :
The thread is very much there.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=1&t=7040

I have upped it for your convenience. Please delete your post and repost
Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 13 Apr 2016 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Abhay_S
BRFite

Post by Abhay_S »

More on the Paki Seafarers

http://www.dawn.com/news/1251739/our-seafarers

THIS is in response to the letter ‘Pakistani seafarers’ (March 28) by Capt Asif N. Siddiqui. Pakistani seafarers are playing an important role in bringing foreign exchange while serving with international shipping companies.

I have been serving as a seafarer for the last 35 years. I have served with several international companies. They all appreciated the skills of Pakistani seafarers but the issue nowadays is the visa for joining and leaving the ship.

Shipowners are having problems during the change of staff and at times have to pay additional money for signing on/off Pakistani seafarers. Owing to this, they are reluctant to hire Pakistani staff.

I joined a ship in January in Indonesia(Birather-islami-mulk), but the agent refused to send visa invitation, saying Indonesian authorities did not allow Pakistani seafarers to join and leave the ship.

Then my company paid an extra amount(reverse Jazia) to the agent at the Chinese(deepest) port of Taicang for taking special permission from the authorities for a visa.

Once I signed off at Poland where my company had to pay additional fare to fly me direct from Poland to Karachi via the UAE. As I was not having a Schengen visa, they could not route me through European airports where the fare was cheap.

Now even countries like Tanzania do not issue visas to Pakistani seafarers. It feels bad when we are called to be questioned about the visa.

They say the Tanzanian government needs one month for issuing a visa to Pakistani nationals. Singapore immigration also does not allow us to land. For going ashore they call for an interview.

Once in Mumbai my fourth engineer fell down and suffered severe back injury. A doctor came on board and gave him a heavy dose of painkillers but he was not allowed to be hospitalised or to sign off.

The fourth engineer had to sail till next port and from there he signed off and was sent home for treatment.

In such conditions Pakistani seafarers will lose their jobs as no shipowner will hire Pakistanis. The government is requested to look into this matter.

Capt Waseem Ahmad

Karachi(Future Jhinnapur)
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by SSridhar
In fact, the PA is not the main culprit. It is actually the product of the ashraf of the Ganga-Jamuna belt. If we dig deeper, we would say, the foundations were indeed laid by Sheik Ahmed Sirhindi [better known as Mujaddid-Alf-e-Thani (Reformer of the Second Islamic Millennium)] and his disciple Sheikh Waliullah in the 18th century. Allama Iqbal, Jinnah, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Raja of Mahmudabad, Sheikh Madani et al were either directly or indirectly influenced by these people.
EXACTLY! It was Sheikh Ahmad Sirhindi's followers who was responsible for victory of Aurungzeb over Dara Shikoh.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Peregrine wrote:Mods : Checked Threads for past Six Months but unable find J & K Thread :
The thread is very much there.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=1&t=7040

I have upped it for your convenience. Please delete your post and repost
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Pakistan Economic Stress Watch Thread.

Pace of fall in exports 3 times faster than imports
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s trade deficit worsened to $16.9 billion in the first nine months of the current fiscal year, which was $3.7 billion higher than the projection made by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), putting foreign currency reserves under some pressure.

The trade bulletin, released by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) on Tuesday, showed that both exports and imports contracted in July-March 2015-16, but the pace of decline in exports was three times faster than imports.
Cheers Image
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KJo wrote:Back in 2003, we used to play "bag the hag" every Tuesday with our favorite jilebi, Shireen Mazari.
Who are the current day heart-e-throbs? I remember there was a Marviji and a few others.
@BDUTT

She is in her Taliban(black)/Sufi inspired clothes.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1252016/25-cop ... -gangsters
25 cops go missing after clashes with Rajanpur gangsters
LAHORE: At least three policemen were killed, several others injured and 25 personnel were allegedly held hostage by the Chotoo gang on Wednesday when security forces tried to enter a forest in an island in Indus River area between Rajanpur and Rahim Yar Khan.Fierce clashes erupted shortly after some policemen tried to enter the island being used by criminals as a hideout, a senior police official told Dawn.He said the outlaws had claimed that they had killed six policemen and injured as many. The criminals also claimed to have kidnapped 25 policemen during the fighting with security forces in riverine area of Kachi Mooro.The ‘collateral loss’ came when the Punjab police high-ups saw ‘poor response’ from the government to their request for launch of air strikes, a senior police officer told Dawn.“We are under attack by criminals carrying sophisticated weapons as some policemen have seen them using 12.7mm heavy anti-aircraft machineguns,” the police official said. He said that the fierce resistance put up by criminals showed some terrorists of banned organisations might be present in the area.He said that as many as 150 hardened criminals had been hiding in the forest, bordering Sindh and Balochistan.Hundreds of people belonging to various tribes including Sudwani, Umerani and Sikhwani, a sub-caste of the Mazari tribe, were also living in the troubled area, the police official said.Police sources in Rahim Yar Khan said that gangsters had sent a message to the police to release their accomplices in return for the policemen held hostage by them. The outlaws have also demanded a safe passage.
AniB
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AniB »

SS: i feel Fair and markey are divergent becuase of the institutions they have adopted and their personal demeanour. Of course they are both right, as they see TSP as a problem and are going to make their careers on it.

Not being an American, I find Fair's gali-galauj enjoyable. However with the dog picture and all that she is asking for trouble. Daniel bhai is way more circumspect, as one has to, to get invited to speak at Federal establishments. But my only point was that more than these beltway people (also Riedel, kristol), it is the culture starting to depict Pakis as just that. Too much negative news.

Yet the lag time for GOTUS to wake-up may be still 5 years away.

You have educated us on Sirhindi, to Wally to Madani in the past. The PA's ideology, motivation and chutzpah is secondary, if we are discussing who amongst the 3.4 is most active (ie. Why did Obama fizzle? why does life support continue?). The US did inherit the TSP desk from UK. Quite enthusiastically. They may not take this open defection to China very well (per Markey). It seems he and his ilk will have great impact on US power projection in the Indian Ocean and covertly in Tibet.

PS. Deejay, Markey has been very much on the BRF radar since 2014 or before. Search shows scores of references and interesting comments from posters.
Last edited by AniB on 14 Apr 2016 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

SSridhar saar,
in terms of Islamic doctrine, what are the new contributions of Sirhindi & Waliuulah?
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Pakistan's ISI funded deadly attack on CIA camp in Afghanistan: US National Security Archive

While it has long been known that Pakistan's terrorism sponsorship has claimed the lives of Indian and American civilians and military personnel, the revelations about bankrolling the Camp Chapman attack, kept secret from the public so far, is certain to inflame tensions between the two sides, particularly their military-intelligence outfits. Successive US administrations — particularly the state department led by John Kerry — have long ladled out pabulum that Pakistan is a front-line ally in the war on terror while funneling billions of dollars of aid, despite multiple terrorist attacks across the world originating from Pakistan, including in San Bernardino, New York, and London.
The timing of the attack and the sequence of cables detailing the ISI's role in organizing the attack suggests that the US administration lied to the American public about Pakistan being a frontline ally in the way on terror even as it funneled $ 7.5 billion in US taxpayer money to a country's whose military-intelligence establishment was killing American soldiers and spooks. Then senator John Kerry, who later became secretary of state, took the lead in presenting Pakistan as a worthy ally as he engineering with senator Lugar the Enhanced Partnership with Pakistan Act of 2009, which put $ 1.5 billion in US aid into the Pakistani coffers.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Abhay_S wrote:More on the Paki Seafarers

http://www.dawn.com/news/1251739/our-seafarers
Once I signed off at Poland where my company had to pay additional fare to fly me direct from Poland to Karachi via the UAE. As I was not having a Schengen visa, they could not route me through European airports where the fare was cheap.
I was curious about this statement because most places have a rule that if you're traveling from one country to another and the aircraft stops midway through at a third country, the third country normally lets the passengers disembark, sit at the lounge, change to a different aircraft etc., without any visa, as long as they don't leave the airport secure zone. The third country leaves it to the originating and destination countries to check the travelers visas and passports.

Then I did a bit more reading up and it appears that the Schengen area countries (and some non-Schengen area European countries as well) have changed their rules since 2010. For most countries' citizens, passengers are allowed to transit through the Schengen area airports without visas as normal. However, citizens of a dozen "special" countries are required to carry a special airport transit visa when transiting through any airport in the EU, even if they never leave the secure side of the airport. The 'special countries' list includes Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Somalia.
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

Pakistan's ISI funded deadly attack on CIA camp in Afghanistan: US National Security Archive

I feel massa politicians are more shameless than desi politicians...and there is no public anger in massa when these kind of reports are out... desh is much better....
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

CPEC: teething problems

Bad Sharif blames RAW for the"laundry list" of problems and /or incompetencies - enumerated below - plaguing this project:
N APRIL of last year, Pakistan and China signed more than 50 agreements and memoranda of understanding to push forward around $46bn worth of a development roadmap — China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
As the two nations complete the first anniversary of the landmark opening later this month ahead of convening 6th round of the Joint Cooperation Committee (JCC) in June, it is time for a bird’s eye view of the progress some critical development projects have achieved so far. It is difficult to judge the implementation pace at this stage but it is ironical that executing agencies are still facing different sorts of confusions and difficulties.
Water supply to Gwadar Port is a key challenge. Hence a Rs11.2bn project
As of March 15, the Gwadar Port Authority (GPA) is still not clear on the financial modality of the Swad-Gwadar City Water Supply, nor about its second phase — connecting Shadikaur dam. The GPA is not aware...
The Rs9.9bn worth of Hospital Upgradation of GDA (renamed China-Pakistan Friendship Hospital) is also yet to take off as Pakistan awaits a feasibility report, ...
The coal-fired power plant( I thought the Pakis were at the forefront of doing away with air polluting fossil fuel technology!) at Gwadar is also facing issues of clarity. China had nominated China Communications Construction Company (CCCC) as contractor for a 600MW coal-based project but then agreed...
Major issues facing this power project include reluctance of the National Transmission and Dispatch Company for connectivity with national grid, letter of intent by PPIB, confusion over who...
Gwadar Smart Port City Master Plan worth Rs410m Chinese grant also has not moved as MOFCOM has not yet nominated consultants...
According to an update submitted to the Planning Commission — the focal institution in Pakistan for CPEC ­—, the mega coal-based power project of 1320mw at Port Qasim worth $2.5bn is facing at least five major challenges. ...
Chinese lenders have agreed to extend the deadline of this registration for three months but ultimately all liabilities of the project delays or failures would rest on Pakistan...
On top of that, issues related to tax exemption for import of plant and machinery and withholding tax exemption on imports are also haunting the project implementation.
Power Purchase and Implementation Agreements for $2.5bn 1320MW Sahiwal Coal Power Project were signed in July 2015 but financial close has not been achieved so far. Its major challenges include coal transportation from Pakistan International Bulk Terminal ...
Another important project — Engro Powergen Limited — of 660mw at Thar is yet to achieve financial close and its letter of support has already expired!...
Salt Range Power Project of 300mw sponsored by China Machinery Engineering Corporation in Punjab is pending over acceptability of determined tariff by the sponsors...
The 1320MW coal-based project of Hub Power Company is also facing issues like Balochistan’s demand for allocation of 3pc of profit for social service, ...
Likewise, Shanghai Electric Power Project, the sponsors of 1,320MW at Thar Block-1 have been asked by the power regulator to resubmit their application afresh after fulfilling the requirements...
The $2bn Sukki Kinari Hydropower Project of 870mw funded by Exim Bank of China and ICBC has been facing major delays of over six months as it missed deadline of Dec 31, 2015 ...
The $2bn Karot HPP of 720mw is also facing delays due to slow land acquisition by Punjab government on its side while both AJK and Punjab seek increasing water use charges enhanced to Rs0.425 per unit ...
he South-North Transmission line and Matiari-Lahore Line faces issues regarding payment of minimum tax on turnover and payment of alternate
From the above, it seems that the so-called game changer project for Pakiland has been facing a lot of problems, ; so the Paki Big Man (COAS) instead of owning up his incompetencies took the easy way out and blamed everything on RAW !
From the looks of the above, it seems that the patient is not only suffering from "teething problems", but should be admitted to the EMERGENCY WARD, ASAP! :mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the PESW Thread

The mysterious ways of consumers
The figures before us are stark. They tell us that more than 60 percent of people in the country live below the poverty line (according to the UNDP’s Human Development Index). The majority survive on under $2 a day. Two years ago, the finance minister of the country himself confirmed that at least 50 percent of the population lived in poverty.
[We have heard it said, again and again, that there is little or no real poverty in society. This is something we hear from people regularly, and it is true that poverty is not as visible in Pakistan as it is in, say, neighbouring India. Or then, perhaps, this is simply because we prefer not to look at the expanses of shanty towns that stretch out across all our major cities and towns, at the wasted or stunted children everywhere – in a nation where nearly half fail to reach the expected weight or height for their age – or at the emaciated mothers who give birth to and nurse child after child.
The challenge is one that we must take up. Multiple reports have come out over the past two years that indicate that at least one third of the Pakistani population lives in complete poverty and about half lives in severe hardship. We need to better understand what can be done to assist these people.
Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

126 PhD scholars not returning to homeland
ISLAMABAD: Around 126 PhD students dodged Higher Education Commission (HEC) as they declined to serve in Pakistan as per their signed agreement with the commission whereas the HEC has introduced three schemes to attract Pakistani PhD holders to come back and serve in the country.
Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training Balighur Rehman, while responding to a question asked by MNA Khalida Mansoor, stated that the 126 PhD scholars out of total 5,934 sent abroad by HEC(the actual numbers are probably much higher ) for their studies have not returned to the county so far.
However, a faculty member of International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI) requesting anonymity told Daily Times; “The figures which the minister stated are those who never came back to the country but the number is too high of those people who returned to the country but left due to the poor system of education and practices of the HEC.” He said, “If a person find a better opportunity in terms of financial as well as professional benefits then why he would stay here.”
Daily Times has learnt in discussion with faculty members of different public sector universities that those students who breach their contract with HEC are those who receive a better opportunity abroad.
IMO, most of the foreign countries have now become quite leery of the Green Passport,( due to the IT factor), therefore many of these staying behind would likely have gone underground to escape the immigration police !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Mr. Nawaz Sharif on sale on Ebay. 100 bids so far, current offer £66,200.0 (ebay.co.uk)
This listing (162037014813) has been removed, or this item isn't available.
Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago won't be available for viewing.

LONDON: PM Sharif warns against taking undue advantage of govt tolerance :roll:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

China resents delay in issuance of fishing licences
KARACHI: Resenting the delay in issuance of fishing licences, the Chinese Consu­late General in Karachi has reminded the Marine Fishe­ries Department (MFD) of six Chinese deep sea fishing trawlers arrival late last year.
The six Chinese fishing trawlers (stern), owned by Guangdong Ruishun Pelagic Fishery Company, reached Korangi Fish Harbour (KFH) in December last year. He drew the attention of MFD to the situation of 54 Chinese fishermen deputed and the financial loss being incurred by the owners of these vessels.
Cheers Image
Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

Peregrine wrote:China resents delay in issuance of fishing licences
KARACHI: Resenting the delay in issuance of fishing licences, the Chinese Consu­late General in Karachi has reminded the Marine Fishe­ries Department (MFD) of six Chinese deep sea fishing trawlers arrival late last year.
The six Chinese fishing trawlers (stern), owned by Guangdong Ruishun Pelagic Fishery Company, reached Korangi Fish Harbour (KFH) in December last year. He drew the attention of MFD to the situation of 54 Chinese fishermen deputed and the financial loss being incurred by the owners of these vessels.
Cheers Image
I don't get it. Why would Pakis give fishing licences to Chinese?
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Amitkv-ji : They are bending over backwards to please their Chini-blothers at the cost of their local fisherman !
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Falijee wrote:Amitkv-ji : They are bending over backwards to please their Chini-blothers at the cost of their local fisherman !
Paki seems to be aware of the fact that once these Chinese fishing ships sweep the water, there will be hardly a shrimp or fish left in the area. Cheeni Beerathers are known for this and won't pay much fee to Hanslave Poaklodoodam authorities.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Sixty years of US aid to Pakistan:
The Obama administration has announced it will withhold more than one-third of all military assistance to Pakistan - an aid envelope worth some $800m (£498m). The withheld aid includes funding for military equipment and reimbursements for selected Pakistani security expenditures - including a payment of $300m for counterinsurgency programmes.
US aid to Pakistan has a long political history and this is not the first time money has been withheld. Here we've pulled out all the figures for both US military aid and economic assistance (including development assistance) to Pakistan between 1948 and 2010.
The dataset comes from Wren Elhai, at the Washington-based Center for Global Development (CGD), who in May published a report along with Nancy Birdsall and Molly Kinder analysing the long-term impact of US aid to Pakistan. The numbers - which come from the US Overseas Grants and Loans database and the Congressional Research Service - have been adjusted for inflation and are presented in terms of the value of the US$ in 2009.
US aid to Pakistan, 1948-2010
Some highlights:
• US economic assistance to Pakistan peaked in 1962, at over $2.3bn
• in 2010, military assistance to Pakistan totalled $2.5bn - including $1.2bn in coalition support funds
• US assistance to Pakistan reached its lowest level in the 1990s, after President George H.W. Bush suspended aid flows over Pakistan's emerging nuclear programme
• US military assistance dropped dramatically during and immediately after the Indo-Pakistani wars of 1965 and 1971
• in the 1970s, President Carter suspended all aid to Pakistan (except food aid) in response to Pakistan's decision to construct a uranium enrichment facility
• although US assistance (both economic and military) to Pakistan has fluctuated considerably over the last 60 years, it has risen steadily since 2001
(major-non-NATO al-lie?)
Pakistan has historically been among the top recipients of US aid - since 1948, the US has sent more than £30bn in direct aid to the country.
(value for money or money down the drain?)
Although military assistance is currently the only form of US aid to Pakistan to be withheld, Congress has considered other - as yet unsuccessful - bills to also block US economic assistance, and civilian aid to Pakistan will no doubt be up for debate again next year, as the 2012 budget battles get underway. (data not updated!)
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

RAW runs special cell to sabotage CPEC, says secretary defence
SLAMABAD: Indian intelligence agency RAW has established a special cell at its Head Quarters in New Delhi to sabotage China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project and the plan is executed via Afghanistan, said Secretary Defence Gen (retd) Alam Khattak on Wednesday.
“RAW and Afghan NDS have launched joint secret operations against Pakistan by using three Indian consulates in Jalalabad, Kandahar and Mazar e Sharif,” said secretary defence. (Surprised that the Iranis have not been included here in the "conspiracy" against Pakistan !)
“The three consulates in Afghanistan are providing weapons, money, training and other logistical support to agents for subversive activities in FATA, Balochistan and Karachi,” added Khattak.
RAW has also set-up a cell at NDS HQ in Kabul for coordinating anti-Pakistan activities, said Khattak.
Earlier, Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, speaking at the Peace and Prosperity seminar in Balochistan, said Indian intelligence agency RAW is actively involved in destabilising Pakistan.
“Hostile intelligence agencies are averse to China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC),” said the chief of army staff.
(Good timing! Farticle timed to coincide with Raheel's outburst)
Law enforcement agencies announced the arrest of Jadhav during an intelligence-based raid in Balochistan's Chaman last week. (Other reports have suggested that the Pakis "purchased" the "spy" from the Taliban!)
Following revelations by the Indian spy, security was tightened across Balochistan, especially at the shared borders with Iran and Afghanistan.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

In-house change: infighting starts within PML-N over PM slot
* Nawaz suggests names of Ayaz Sadiq, Rohail Asghar for interim PM * Shahbaz wants himself or Hamza selected for the post * Nisar emerges as potential rival of Shahbaz

So, every Abdul, Hussein and Hasan is pitching in to save the Badmash Sharif from the gallows in light of the recent
revelations !
Islamabad: Following earthshaking revelations of Panama Leaks and mounting political pressure from the opposition parties, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is considering a temporary in-house change to silence his critics, avoid public backlash and carry the day eventually.
Though nothing is final so far, the prime minister commended consultation with his trusted aides whether a temporary in-house change would be a wise move.
The PTI chairman Imran Khan already demanded resignation of the prime minister. Other opposition parties synced their voices asking for an independent inquiry commission. The Panama Leaks confirmed that, at least, a couple of off-shore companies were owned by the children of the prime minister. There were reports that prime minister was also a beneficiary of that secret business.
( Whoever is "offered the job" [from Ganja's family circle ] will be a PM in "name only")
Sources told Daily Times the prime minister has suggested either National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq or MNA Sheikh Rohail Asghar could act as interim prime minster till the verdict of a judicial commission, if it is constituted.
However the Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif rejected the proposal and insisted that either him or his son Hamza Shahbaz should have been entrusted with the responsibility of holding the office.
That unusual developed compelled Shahbaz Sharif visit Islamabad on Monday. He also held an important meeting with Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan to discuss the same proposal, floated by the prime minister.
Sources close to the prime minister revealed that he was suffering from acute stress and depression. He visited Sharif Medical Complex thrice for his medical checkup during the short span of 72 hours. At fourth occasion a panel of doctors rushed to his residence, at Jati Umra, to provide him with necessary medical care. (Ganja should cut down on nahiri, haleem and other desi delicacies for the sake of his health :mrgreen: ) The sources also said that legal and constitutional experts told Prime Minister that the interview of Hussain Nawaz Sharif regarding off-shore companies and acceptance of ownership of flats by Mariyam Nawaz would create problems for him.
Due to current situation a big change can be seen not only at Islamabad but also at Raiwind Palace. On the other hand Prime Minister has sought time for meeting with former President Asif Ali Zardari at London through Ishaq Dar.
It is pertinent to mention here that Prime Minister has reached London for treatment under the advice of doctors at Sharif Medical Complex. (More likely to "plot" future strategy vis-a-vis ways to save the offshore loot in conjunction with his Londonistan based son and legal advisors!)
If any in-house change takes place, then a tough competition between Shahbaz Sharif and Chaudhary Nisar cannot be ruled out.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Interior Minister Ch Nisar clears doubts on PM’s medical leave to London
LAHORE (Staff Report) – Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has said that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has proceeded to London not for medical check-up but medical treatment. (Immy is on his way there as well )
The interior has said the Prime Minister has cardiac problem for the last few months and he has been getting treatment from London. “The prime minister will be back on doctor’s advice”, he said.
“Prime Minister Sharif has a chronic heart problem. He was advised rest by his doctors three days ago,” Nisar told the media men while addressing news conference in Islamabad.
He said that Prime Minister Sharif did not go to London to meet any political figure. Urging the opposition to refrain from point scoring on medical issues.
“If keeping foreign property is unlawful for Prime Minister’s family, it also applies to Imran Khan, Asif Zardari and all others,” he said.
The interior minister said that he was leaving for Germany on a two-day visit to be with his ailing wife.
From the above, it seems that Londonistan is the defacto capital of Pakiland, instead of Slumbad