^^^^ There is no such thing as a "Bing" map or "Google" map. These maps change depending on where you access them from. These are corporations which try to keep those in power happy, so just because they show a line doesn't mean much.
Now regarding some interesting discussions above. Let's take this one step at a time, shall we?
1. The cure cannot be much worse than the symptom. For that reason, all China can do is to act against the 48 or 300 soldiers they consider intruding in their territory. It will be very unlikely that they will FIRST attack at any other location. HOWEVER, they will feel free to project force into any disputed territory claimed by them, and that will elicit a reaction from us.
2. The plateau is manned by both our soldiers and theirs, so I don't see them fire artillery unless the ground situation changes. With engagement at such close quarters, there is little they can do. Evicting our soldiers will be more like a police action.
3. Now if they must evict our soldiers, they will have to do so under the threat of a weapon. If they draw weapons, then goodbye 30+ years of peace and "no bullet fired". Moreover, goodbye "Peaceful Rise of China". That is what they fear the most, and that is what should be pounded into the international community's heads.
4. If they draw weapons, we will do so, surely. Will there be a firefight? How will it escalate? A firefight is a sure declaration of hostilities. We start by taking out their service roads leading to Chumbi valley, trapping their men and asking them to surrender (which they won't) or embrace martyrdom with 155mms.
5. Even at that stage we are still not technically "at war". Will they hit back across the border in settled areas leading to sure escalation. There are a lot of dots between this level and our rolling into Lhasa or retaking Akshay Hind. Knowledgeable readers, please enunciate.
Frankly, I think their consternation is purely because they don't have any good moves. It is their move, we are not moving anywhere. They have made threats, they have called our top leaders names, they have made all of us re-read the 1962 wiki page, and they have given us ultimatums. At the same time they have proliferated nuclear and missile technology, blocked on the Azhar issue, and are doing their best with trade and tariff barriers. There isn't much else they can do without physical force and they know things won't be the same again if they do.