Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 41
Joined: 05 Sep 2017 10:40

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby gunnvant » 02 Mar 2019 00:14

nam wrote:
gunnvant wrote:If we think about it, the long term solution seems to be dismantling of the deep state (ISI/Army). Hope some covert actions are in being planned by Doval ji.


We cannot dismantle the deep state. PA is not an alien entity. It is normal citizens of Pak, who decide to officially take panga with us.

Stop worrying about democracy in Pak. Just impose cost on PA. They will keep quiet.

Hope Modiji returns to power and keep the danda rolling.

manjgu
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2457
Joined: 11 Aug 2006 10:33

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby manjgu » 02 Mar 2019 00:16

Better half v angry ...telling me to switch off and sleep
... i feel young again .... katl ki raat hai kya?? I told her my boys are up and flying ... atleast I can keep awake below ... jai veer bajrangi. .jai shivaji

manjgu
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2457
Joined: 11 Aug 2006 10:33

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby manjgu » 02 Mar 2019 00:17

:twisted:

gaurav.p
BRFite
Posts: 227
Joined: 04 May 2018 23:02

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby gaurav.p » 02 Mar 2019 00:22


Mollick.R
BRFite
Posts: 735
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 10:26

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Mollick.R » 02 Mar 2019 00:26

manjgu wrote:Better half v angry ...telling me to switch off and sleep
... i feel young again .... katl ki raat hai kya?? I told her my boys are up and flying ... atleast I can keep awake below ... jai veer bajrangi. .jai shivaji


Sir same here.
Home ministry is asking to switch off tv and mobile. But I'm in no mood to do so. I Guess some well lubricated rod is pushed at paki pichwada....

Today also we lost 7 sons of mother india.
Nation Can't let it go on & on. For pakis
Cost has to be increased disproportionately.

Jai Bajrang Bali

CRamS
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6845
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 20:54
Contact:

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby CRamS » 02 Mar 2019 00:29

Indeed I am not apologetic, if whatever little was achieved through this mission, helps get ModiJi re-elected, I am all for it. Let former ret(arde)d army officers like Ajai Shukla squirm as they like (I wish he was communicated and stripped of any association with the honorable Indian army). No way, stupid dunces like Pappu and anybody else from thugandhan can carry on this approach. At best, they will do p!ss tamasha to the nodding heads of the 'international community'.

Battle must go on.

Vinu
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 May 2008 10:31

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Vinu » 02 Mar 2019 00:31

Russians are obviously very delighted about killing of F16.

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201903 ... n-pak-f16/

Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite
Posts: 723
Joined: 19 Oct 2009 06:40
Location: www.ravikarumanchiri.com
Contact:

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Ravi Karumanchiri » 02 Mar 2019 00:33

manjgu wrote:Don't worry ..the napakis have much more info ... names of pilots in which squadrons etc ... br db is helping no one.


^^^^^^^^^
I disagree strongly.

How about someone take some responsibility? Act with care and caution? Show some respect?

What a public listing like this enables is a potential 'do-it-yourselfer', also known within this domain as a 'pledge' or increasingly a 'lone wolf'.

What good does such a public DB serve? IMO this should be plainly against the law; and should not go on.

INFOSEC is OPSEC

This should be a mantra for BRF during the era of Twister and other SM.

INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC

Or at least, some discretion, maybe? (Since common decency isn't a strong enough impulse, apparently.)

People who do a dangerous job, shouldn't face further threats or potential threats, merely because a media outlet wants to seem 'in the know'. (That goes for Undie TV, and for BRF too.)
Last edited by Ravi Karumanchiri on 02 Mar 2019 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

YashG
BRFite
Posts: 184
Joined: 22 Apr 2017 00:10

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby YashG » 02 Mar 2019 00:35

ramana wrote:
YashG wrote:@moderators & BR junta.

I think a mig-21 shooting down F-16 is history. It changes a lot of calculations. The aviation world is talking about this. It would be great if we can open a new topic on analysis and crosslinks of various credible internet discussion on this historic event. Over time the link would start appearing in search results - it will be very nice for more aviation enthusiasts to come across this piece of history & the IAF brilliance.

I've been a lurker, occassional poster for 15 years on BR. I'm not sure if this is okay as a new thread. If BR junta & moderators agree then either I can start the thread or please someone else do the same. ( if this request need be in another forum - please let me know)


Please go ahead and start the thread with title
Mig-21 shoots down F-16 in Kashmir

And your comments there about the historic nature.
Put the data on Mig-21-93 Bison upgrade and F-16 Blk 52 Twin seater configuration
Also any data on pilots experience etc.

Don't need permission for good work.


@Ramana
I created the thread with some trivia & facts. But by the time I did Austin had already done the honors. So I see the thread I created is locked. So we could atleast move the post into the other thread? And delete the one I created.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 00:36

mods locked the f16 dhaga, but if chuck yeager is alive and has some sm account, someone please send love from IAF. I will be happy to send a card with F16 pic downed by Mig21

srin
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2015
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:13

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby srin » 02 Mar 2019 00:36

Okay - here's some forensic analysis.

Here's an interesting Flightradar24 playback over the past 2 days - before and after the Terroristan airspace closure: https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1101142521168740352

Please play the video and especially focus on events between 27 Feb between 4:20am and 4:40am (my understanding is that it is in UTC), which corresponds to 9:50am - 10:10am IST. The video is fast, so you'll need to pause and then jump the right time. FYI - the TSP attack happened at around 10 am, so we're looking at the airspace immediately before and after. Keep your focus on the Srinagar airport. Rajouri is down and left of the airport.

Observe that there are civilian flights at 04:21 and some at 04:30 and a lot more at 04:38.

So, we know that our Mig-21s are armed with R-77. And our Sukhois have R-27 and R-77, so I've been puzzling on why we didn't take a BVR shot on the 27th morning. And this is the answer - the airspace around Rajouri had civilian flights in it.

The corollary to this is that it is highly likely that the PAF fired BVR missile in an airspace with civilian airliners that don't respond to IFF.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 9506
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Rakesh » 02 Mar 2019 00:37

YashG wrote:@Ramana
I created the thread with some trivia & facts. But by the time I did Austin had already done the honors. So I see the thread I created is locked. So we could atleast move the post into the other thread? And delete the one I created.

Done!

abhijitm
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3679
Joined: 08 Jun 2006 15:02
Contact:

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby abhijitm » 02 Mar 2019 00:39

Didn't watch the tamasha. Couldn't. Definitely wouldn't.

This is not the way to handle pow transfer. If pak wanted a show let them have at their side.we should have shown much more seriousness and calm.

morem
BRFite
Posts: 134
Joined: 26 Jul 2009 15:52

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby morem » 02 Mar 2019 00:40

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:
manjgu wrote:Don't worry ..the napakis have much more info ... names of pilots in which squadrons etc ... br db is helping no one.


^^^^^^^^^
I disagree strongly.

How about someone take some responsibility? Act with care and caution? Show some respect?

What a public listing like this enables is a potential 'do-it-yourselfer', also known within this domain as a 'pledge' or increasingly a 'lone wolf'.

What good does such a public DB serve? IMO this should be plainly against the law; and should not go on.

INFOSEC is OPSEC

This should be a mantra for BRF during the era of Twister and other SM.

INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC
INFOSEC is OPSEC

Or at least, some discretion, maybe? (Since common decency isn't a strong enough impulse, apparently.)

People who do a dangerous job, shouldn't face further threats or potential threats, merely because a media outlet wants to seem 'in the know'. (That goes for Undie TV, and for BRF too.)


+100 , no point having a central repository for someone to access

Sravan
BRFite
Posts: 230
Joined: 24 Oct 2006 15:15

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Sravan » 02 Mar 2019 00:44

Heavy shelling in LoC

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 00:49

^^ i also vote against having such a data. on one hand we are against putting our flight radar info and on other hand we are creating a ready reckoner. I think by now damage has been done.

Bart S
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2410
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 00:03

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Bart S » 02 Mar 2019 00:52

Rahul M wrote:
pankajs wrote:Earlier I had written on the subject ..

The realized late but the damaged has been done.

pankajs, any idea what brilliance was planned in this video ? Assuming you watched it.
Note plz, not asking for a link, since have no intention to watch. Just want to know to what end the TSPA went to record a video at the last moment.


They made a heavily (and obviously) edited video that among other things says that he was hunting for a target in Paki airspace, and that has him dissing our media as immature folk who sensationalize stuff.

This has backfired big time on them as they assumed that the rest of the world are jaahil idiots like their own populace who can swallow such stuff. Even Barkha aunty was pissed off, not sure whether it was due to the revolting nature of what the Pakis did by putting out that video, or because her biradari was dissed. :lol:

Thakur_B
BRFite
Posts: 1700
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Thakur_B » 02 Mar 2019 01:01

Teetar guturgoo suggests Karachi skies are going crazy with noise of jets.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 01:03

^^sorry what video is being talked about..i am missing out completely. It's moving faster than i can process today

Prasad
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7517
Joined: 16 Nov 2007 00:53
Location: Chennai

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Prasad » 02 Mar 2019 01:04

If we want to maintain any db, best to start with PA, terror locations, names of afsars. AND start with infor on cheenis in tibet.

Thakur_B
BRFite
Posts: 1700
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Thakur_B » 02 Mar 2019 01:05

ArjunPandit wrote:^^sorry what video is being talked about..i am missing out completely. It's moving faster than i can process today


All the delay in release of WinCo happened because Goatlovers wanted to do one last propaganda video. The video had over 40 edits as if trying to force a narrative. Bakis later pulled down the vid soon after releasing it.

Thakur_B
BRFite
Posts: 1700
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Thakur_B » 02 Mar 2019 01:10

Unconfirmed teetar reports, IA 155 mm guns are blazing on the LoC.

Zynda
BRFite
Posts: 1911
Joined: 07 Jan 2006 00:37
Location: J4

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Zynda » 02 Mar 2019 01:13

Teetar saying that Pak opened CVF with 105 mm arty and we are replying back with 155 mm shells. Also reports of "snake" missiles being used. Suppose we will get a clearer picture tomorrow morning. PAF (& I suppose IAF as well) are carrying out heavy CAP flights.

milindc
BRFite
Posts: 721
Joined: 11 Feb 2006 00:03

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby milindc » 02 Mar 2019 01:18

Singha wrote:eerie empty skies again north of delhi...


I Emirates flying to Islamabad...

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 01:20

i think along with this madness there needs to be a counter of their propaganda. I saw some analysis done by gurus regarding the plane crash but that needs to be done.

Bart S
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2410
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 00:03

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Bart S » 02 Mar 2019 01:20

Coffee spill alert...posting purely for some comic relief:
https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-fa ... an-claims/
:rotfl:
Paki attempt at fake news, complete with 400% Musharraf-grade Pinglish and the phrase 'Dog Cat' to describe what happens when 2 fighters face off WVR :wink:

milindc
BRFite
Posts: 721
Joined: 11 Feb 2006 00:03

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby milindc » 02 Mar 2019 01:21

Qatar, PIA, Emirates are all up flying to Islamabad...
Oman, and others flying to Karachi
Last edited by milindc on 02 Mar 2019 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 01:21

Zynda wrote:Teetar saying that Pak opened CVF with 105 mm arty and we are replying back with 155 mm shells. Also reports of "snake" missiles being used. Suppose we will get a clearer picture tomorrow morning. PAF (& I suppose IAF as well) are carrying out heavy CAP flights.

i think pakis being pakis will get paki'ed

gunnvant
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 41
Joined: 05 Sep 2017 10:40

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby gunnvant » 02 Mar 2019 01:21

ArjunPandit wrote:^^sorry what video is being talked about..i am missing out completely. It's moving faster than i can process today

Sir ji there is a propagaandu video, napakis prepared before they released WingCo. Its in bad taste you may not want to see it.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 01:23

Bart S wrote:Coffee spill alert...posting purely for some comic relief:
https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-fa ... an-claims/
:rotfl:
Paki attempt at fake news, complete with 400% Musharraf-grade Pinglish and the phrase 'Dog Cat' to describe what happens when 2 fighters face off WVR :wink:

who's lockheed martin guy? I guess they too are going to lose like pcb did few days back and had to pay the litigation fees. And not to forget they can kiss any sales goodbye. Vivek lall's cv must be with recruitment consultants by now :)

schinnas
BRFite
Posts: 1737
Joined: 11 Jun 2009 09:44

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby schinnas » 02 Mar 2019 01:24

Singha wrote:SRINGAR: Four security personnel, including an officer, have died during an encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district today. Sources say a terrorist, who was presumed dead, emerged from the rubble of a destroyed house and started firing which took the security personnel by surprise.


Dont we double tap the presumed dead as a protocol? Or only US does that?

khan
BRFite
Posts: 830
Joined: 12 Feb 2003 12:31
Location: Tx

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby khan » 02 Mar 2019 01:26

milindc wrote:Qatar, PIA, Emirates are all up flying to Islamabad...
Oman, and others flying to Karachi

All their Isloo flights are taking a flight path such that they are hugging the Iran & Afghanistan border until the the last possible moment.

On the Indian side, there is nothing north of Delhi & West of Jodhpur.

Bart S
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2410
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 00:03

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Bart S » 02 Mar 2019 01:29

ArjunPandit wrote:
Bart S wrote:Coffee spill alert...posting purely for some comic relief:
https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-fa ... an-claims/
:rotfl:
Paki attempt at fake news, complete with 400% Musharraf-grade Pinglish and the phrase 'Dog Cat' to describe what happens when 2 fighters face off WVR :wink:

who's lockheed martin guy? I guess they too are going to lose like pcb did few days back and had to pay the litigation fees. And not to forget they can kiss any sales goodbye. Vivek lall's cv must be with recruitment consultants by now :)



Nobody from Lockheed Martin is that stupid, it is just the wet dream of some Paki but being tweeted out by heavyweights in the Paki media and officialdom.

Thakur_B
BRFite
Posts: 1700
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Thakur_B » 02 Mar 2019 01:31

khan wrote:On the Indian side, there is nothing north of Delhi & West of Jodhpur.


Pretty usual this time of the night.

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 5158
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 21:28
Location: Somewhere Else
Contact:

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby jamwal » 02 Mar 2019 01:33

Snake, Naag missiles ? Why'd Indian army use Naags on J&K LOC ? Just random bullshit by wannabes.

Bart S
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2410
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 00:03

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Bart S » 02 Mar 2019 01:34

schinnas wrote:
Singha wrote:SRINGAR: Four security personnel, including an officer, have died during an encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district today. Sources say a terrorist, who was presumed dead, emerged from the rubble of a destroyed house and started firing which took the security personnel by surprise.


Dont we double tap the presumed dead as a protocol? Or only US does that?


I think this is more along the lines of an urban battle where our guys from their cover fire at terrorists hidden in a house, rather than a break the door down OBL kind of raid. Hence when enough fire has been laid and the firing stops they move in slowly to clear the place. They seem to have been ambushed in the process of doing that.

It would be good if they could just blow up the house instead of bothering with small arms fire, but SOP and conditions might not permit that.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 01:34

^^wait a sec bart sir, you didnt get the joke ...had pakis been smart they would have called the UN.whatever that monitors the group on their side and opened their backside to say..look they are responding to my stinking backside and they lob 155mm shell, but they being proactive have lost that. Now they'll get beaten up and noone apart from their echo chamber guys wont believe it. And they have managed to bring us back where we started at teh starting of this week

Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite
Posts: 723
Joined: 19 Oct 2009 06:40
Location: www.ravikarumanchiri.com
Contact:

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Ravi Karumanchiri » 02 Mar 2019 01:34

gunnvant wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:^^sorry what video is being talked about..i am missing out completely. It's moving faster than i can process today

Sir ji there is a propagaandu video, napakis prepared before they released WingCo. Its in bad taste you may not want to see it.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's not just "in bad taste"

Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot is with the obscene euphemism? That video is a de facto War Crime, under the Geneva Conventions.



Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission by the Detaining Power causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. In particular, no prisoner of war may be subjected to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are not justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the prisoner concerned and carried out in his interest.
Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity.
Measures of reprisal against prisoners of war are prohibited.


https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/i ... CD0051AB7A

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3520
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Mar 2019 01:35

Thakur_B wrote:
khan wrote:On the Indian side, there is nothing north of Delhi & West of Jodhpur.


Pretty usual this time of the night.

only flights to amritsar and chd, i noted a few last few days. This being friday might mean more traffic on rest of the routes and hence less usual traffic here

Ardeshir
BRFite
Posts: 1102
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 03:10
Location: Londonistan/Nukkad

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Postby Ardeshir » 02 Mar 2019 01:39

Image
No more shalwar browning? Do Pakis think everything is good now?


Return to “Military Issues Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest